Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I bought an underwater camera housing from Focus Camera through Amazon. I waited 2 weeks for the housing to arrive and on the first use it leaked. Luckily my camera was OK but it was obvious the housing had a defect.
I do not live in the States so had to pay 93$ for shipping and then another 35$ for import tax to collect my purchase.
I contacted Focus Camera through Amazon and the first email I got stated it was out of return warranty as I was over a month since delivered.
This was absolutely incorrect, it was 2.5 weeks.
I replied and then was told I needed to send back at my own cost and they would check, if it was faulty then they would charge me the 15% restock fee and send another.
I questioned this as the postage was over 90$ and then the restock fee on top would be another 100$ and then I would need to pay the shipping again back to me and import tax again, so I would in fact it was almost as cheap to buy another one.
They were unhelpful to say the least.
They then said I could have a refund as they did not have the item in stock anymore and could not guarantee when it would be. BUT i had to send it back to them.
S for this I would pay over 140$ to get my refund and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
I was unhappy with this solution obviously and when asked for the postage refund was told to contact Canon about this. I knew they could do nothing but did anyway.
The reply was as it was bought over seas they did not cover it in warranty, I needed to pay for the postage both ways and repair if they were to fix it.
I relayed this again to Focus and their customer service rep called me a liar!!!
I strongly advise anyone not to use this shop either online or personally.
They have no idea what customer service is.
I am still over 300$ out of pocket with a defective item I purchased from them. They refuse to do anything to help.
Terrible service and policies along with rude staff.

modified review This review was modified by debswoods on December 17 2014 08:05:09 PM

"Totally Scam! Asked about gift card problem online because when I enter gift card code, it says wrong number or expired.......card or the paper came with it doesnt say the expiration date, I emailed twice and used chat. Some guy answered on chat, but just told me to call customer service and after that nothing and just disappeared..."

modified review This review was modified by quantum17 on November 28 2014 08:03:40 PM

"HORRIBLE. HOOD RAT TRASH STORE. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HOOD RAT. AVOID. ORDERED TRIPOD. RECEIVED COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN PICTURED. CONDESCENDING HOOD RAT ON THE PHONE SAID PICTURE ON WEBSITE IS FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY. NO WONDER. WISH I WOULD HAVE LOOKED THEM UP PRIOR TO PURCHASE. HOOD RAT BROOKLYN, NY."

modified review This review was modified by tryingtosavemoola on November 05 2014 12:38:53 PM

"Refurbished: HP Chromebook 14-Q030NR, 2GB, 16GB SSD, 14”HD LED Chrome OS, Peach Coral

Ordered on Sept. 14 arrived on Sept 16th.

Awesome seller, everything as described and arrived in a very timely matter.

I have a feeling all the reviews the buyers just failed to noticed the REFURBISHED in the description

Focus Camera (digitalfotoclub.com) User

"WARNING - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM FOCUS CAMERA!!

After purchasing an item through BestBuy's Marketplace, I received the incorrect product. Upon contacting Focus Camera directly, a very rude "customer service" rep emailed a return label and said they would ship the correct product upon receiving the return of the incorrect one. I shipped it back the next day. After almost 2 weeks of waiting for my new/correct product I contacted them. Another very rude (or was it the same?) "customer service" rep said the item was no longer in stock. The item still shows up as available online. They said a refund would be issued. After more communication and waiting over a week for the refund, BestBuy still hasn't received it. It's been over a month and I'm without product and my money. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

"I will never buy anything from Focus Camera. Dirty bait-and-switch!

My order got cancelled two days later after my credit card had been charged. Focus Camera is saying "listing error". But the fact is Focus Camera has the price correctly listed and I used coupon code to get a discount price and my credit card had been charged. What the hell is "listing error"? I now see the reason why it received such a bad rating here! I will never buy anything from Focus Camera. Dirty bait-and-switch!

modified review This review was modified by Shoppingsky on June 06 2014 10:38:37 PM

"Danger! Focus Camera sold a Pixma Pro 100 with a rebate form on their Amazon.com product website that only is good for items sold by Amazon.com. It is still there. Then they sent the Pixma 100 with stickers covering the Proof of Purchase code. I had already been using the item for over a month before I discovered what they were doing."

"Sony A7R Kit arrived very promptly. Everything in the kit was as it should be. Othrs make their kit with garbage their kit has only branded accessories 64 GB class 10 Sony memory card, very nice 60$ pro tripod etc.

They had a special promotion on 300 $ refund for an old camera exchange. Refund was very prompt.

I wanted to upgrade my kit to 55mm lens instead of 35mm lens. They upgraded it without asking a single question.

All I can say is that very very accommodating company. They have my trust and I will be a return customer. No doubt and they are highly recommended.

modified review This review was modified by ankit.chicago on March 03 2014 05:15:02 PM

"I will never order from Focus Camera again.

I wanted to get a Sony SEL35F18 lens and Focus Camera had a good deal on Amazon. For the same price that I could get the lens directly from Amazon, I could get the same lens, with a 16GB SDXC card, a soft case, a basic Tiffen UV filter, and some other stuff.

I ordered the lens 2 weeks ago and it arrived a week ago. When I opened the box, the first thing I picked up was the filter case. It was rattling, which I thought was odd. I opened up the filter case and a non-branded filter was rattling around because the glass was loose.

Then I opened up the camera and the Tiffen filter was on the lens. The lens looked new, but Sony doesn't ship lens with Tiffen filters already attached. The lens was very cold, from being shipped in winter, so I did not immediately try out the lens. While I was waiting for it to warm up, I decided to call Focus Camera customer service and see why the lens already had been place on the filter. I wanted to make sure that I had a new lens and not a refurbished unit.

The CSR was friendly and insisted that I had been sent a new lens. She could not explain why it had a filter or where the broken filter had come from. I asked if I could speak to someone in sales. I described the situation to a salesman and he said that it sounded like I had been sent a returned unit. He said I had 14 days to get a refund or new lens.

By this point the lens was at room temperature. I put it on my camera and turned it on. And I heard a horrible ratcheting sound, something was seriously wrong with the motor. I immediately called Focus Camera back and the CSR that took this call was a lot more knowledgeable. She said that they do not open new lenses and I must have been sent a returned unit by mistake. She said they would email me a UPS label and RMA number and would ship out a new lens and filter immediately upon receiving the broken one. She said she put a note with RMA to let their people know to send a new lens back.

I asked if I should ship everything back, she said to just send the lens and filter because they would be just shipping it all back to me. Within an hour, I received an email from Focus, via Amazon, with the UPS label and I immediately sent it back.

A few days later I called Focus to make sure that they had received the lens. They had and they said that they had refunded my money to Amazon. The CSR then said they made and apologized for not sending the lens. He then said they made a mistake in the amount returned and he issued another return for that remaining amount ($28). He said to keep the remaining items to make up for the inconvenience.

The next day, Amazon notified me that they received the refund of $28. There was no record of Amazon receiving the refund for the rest of the money (about $460). I had to call Focus Camera again and have them issue the refund for the remainder. It took about 3 hours for Amazon to process the refund, but I did get all of it back. I then ordered the lens with Amazon fulfillment and had it 28 hours later.

"Terrible experience!!!!!!! Avoid them!!!!!!!!!

I placed an order of $600 Sony camera through Newegg's marketplace. Focus Camera was the seller. I chose to buy from them because they have a bundle and I thought Newegg was a reliable website. However, I was wrong. First I didn't receive the bundle as shown on the webpage but a camera w/ lens only. I wrote a bunch of emails asking for the bundle, but only few were replied. I called their customer service for several times (I tried very hard) but most of the times my calls were put on hold and then hung up unexpectedly. Their customer service is totally a joke.

Now they refuse to send me the rest of the bundle and claim that I only ordered a camera w/ lens. Come on!!! Who would order less if they were the same price??? They asked me to return the camera if I felt unsatisfied with it, but if I return it, I'll have to pay the 10% restocking fee -- in this case -- $60. So I see the picture here: whether or not I return the item, they'll always be the winner. They can make profits from customers' returns or from not sending out the bundles. Without the rest of the bundles, they actually over-priced their items, and I, the customer, was meant to be the stupid lamb who was intrigued by the fake bundles which never existed.

Another thing to mention: when I received the package, the Sony camera box was not sealed with Sony tapes (or any other tapes). I asked Focus Camera whether the camera I received was opened box or refurbished, they claimed that because they purchased Sony products in bulk, the boxes were not sealed in order to be examined. They even asked me to ask Sony. So I did. From my conversations with Sony's representatives, they said that all Sony products were supposed to be sealed by Sony tapes under any circumstances, and if they weren't, they could be refurbished or opened box. There, Focus Camera fooled me again.

I feel that the whole experience was a scam/ fraud and sincerely hope that you will not have to experience what I went through. Now I'm still in fight of the returning issues, sadly, but I still want to share my experience and hope that no more people will be fooled again by this deceiving store.

---------Updated 1/18/2014---------------

Focus Camera finally shipped out the rest of our bundle. One of their customer service representatives, Daisy, was polite and helpful. Also, Newegg seemed to put some effort into our case. Anyway, we finally get what we paid for even though we had to spend a lot of energy and time to negotiate with many impolite employees of Focus Camera.

modified review This review was modified by hhw232 on January 17 2014 10:43:20 PM

"Failed to ship product and then only gave a partial refund. Avoid at all costs!"

"didn't ship my order. I had to contact them two weeks after I placed my order. told me they were going to ship but never did. now they claim they are out of stock of the item. I'm still waiting for my refund."

"Would never order from them again. Three weeks and haven't received product. Unable to check status of order online, tried to call customer service and no one answered. Have not received any e-mail from them. "

"got product but at no time did i recieve an e-mail to confirm order or to advise that the order had shipped even after i sent an e-mail to question this i did recieve an answer to that question."

"Overall the online ordering experience was painless, but I was not able to check the status of my order online, and that was a little frustrating."

Focus Camera (digitalfotoclub.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Focus Camera (digitalfotoclub.com) is not a merchant member
Focus Camera (digitalfotoclub.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!