Stores > Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse

Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

What is this?

2016-04-27

I WAS ABLE TO WIN AGAINST THEM AND I TELL YOU HOW

"IF YOU DON’T READ ANY OTHER PART OF THIS REVIEW, PLEASE READ THIS PARAGRAPH. I provided the companies I knew of who ship freight nationally with research I'd done on FB and the other aliases they use. This prompted them to do their own research by looking into their accounts and realizing that something untoward was going on with FB, and to my knowledge 3 of 4 companies I contacted have severed ties with the FB. I suggested they look into how many of Fitness Blowout’s shipments were being redirected; having to touch freight more than once costs the freight company time and $. I also asked them to look into what would happen to the freight if delivery was refused.If freight is refused the shipper will be served with a legal notice, 4 (B) of the Bill of Lading Contract. This document serves as notice to shipper that the freight company is terminating their carrier liability and will thereafter only be liable as a warehouseman. As set forth in the BOL Contract storage fees will begin to accrue and will continue until the freight company receives written disposition instructions from the shipper. The shipper has 30 days to guarantee freight, storage, and all other applicable charges be paid, or freight is sold at public auction. Guess how often this was the case with freight being shipped from FB. I am hopeful that my efforts will make it extremely difficult for FB or any other company Jim Rosen, Steve Barzilai, etc. operate under to continue to ship anything anywhere!
Sadly I didn’t think to do any research until I’d already placed an order and was having difficulty getting anyone at FB to take my calls or address my concerns afterwards. BELOW ARE THE STEPS I TOOK TO AVOID BEING SWINDLED BY FITNESS BLOWOUT AFTER THE PURCHASE, AND I HOPE THEY WILL HELP NUMEROUS OTHERS TO HAVE THE SAME POSITIVE OUTCOME I DID.
STEP 1: Email Fitness Blowout to notify them you wish to CANCEL YOUR ORDER IN WRITING, and keep a record of the email. Of course there are ridiculous hoops in place which they expect you to jump through, but I emailed the General Manager Steve Barzilai, who also happened to be the person that took my order. Document everything, and keep every shred of evidence handy, because you will need it. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING ANYONE AT FITNESS BLOWOUT TELLS YOU!
STEP 2: Contact your credit card company asap and FILE A DISPUTE of the purchase, and be prepared to provide them with documentation that you’ve cancelled your order. I not only did this, but I requested that an American Express representative join me on a three-way call so that there would be an undeniable record of what was discussed. MY CREDIT CARD WAS COMPROMISED WITHIN WEEKS OF GIVING IT TO FITNESS BLOWOUT (STEVE BARZILAI), SO WATCH YOUR ACCOUNT!
STEP 3: Even though my order was cancelled in writing I was contacted by UPS Freight Worldwide months later, and they wanted to schedule a delivery. Of course I notified the representative that the order had been cancelled less than 24 hours after being placed months before, that I’d filed a dispute with my credit card company, and that the freight certainly should have never been shipped across the country, from California to North Carolina. I REFUSED TO TAKE DELIVERY, AND I BELIEVE THAT STEP WAS VITAL.
STEP 4: I continued to research the company and its unscrupulous business practices, and what I found was disturbing. Most laughable was the copied and pasted mission statement Jim Rosen pulled out year after year to make it appear as if he was trying to turn the company around. I submit that if Jim Rosen truly had any intention of making changes with regard to his business practices they would’ve come to fruition long before now.
It was crucial that I shared everything I found with my credit card company and with the freight company used in my situation. As I’ve already mentioned, this prompted them to investigate. I also shared the same information with other national shippers, and I learned that shipping companies take their brands very seriously and will sever ties with companies who could shed a negative light on them by using deceptive business practices. I BELIEVE THAT IF OTHER CONSUMERS WILL DO AS I HAVE DONE AND BRING THE DISHONEST PRACTICES OF JIM ROSEN AND FITNESS BLOWOUT TO THE ATTENTION OF FREIGHT COMPANIES THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE ACTION AND REFUSE TO MOVE FREIGHT FOR ANY BUSINESS CONNECTED TO JIM ROSEN OR FITNESS BLOWOUT. Though I’ve been instrumental in making it very difficult for Jim Rosen and Fitness Blowout to continue to use certain freight companies to move their junk, there may be others whom I did not know to contact. My best advice to any of you is to contact the freight company being used in your case and insist they look into their account with Jim Rosen, Steve Barzilai, Fitness Blowout, Fitness Club Warehouse, Super Gym’s Fitness Warehouse, Fitness Club Warehouse, Super Gym Rosen, 1800Fit4Less, Exceleration Fitness, Excelerated Fitness. Good luck!

2016-04-11

Extended Warranty is Advertising Hype Only

"Jim Rosen is a liar. His 100% lifetime extended warranty is nothing more than BS. I purchased a treadmill from this company 11 years ago. The cloth backing on the treadmill belt recently came off. I have tried since January to get this company to send me a new belt under terms of the warranty. I have had to deal with two different representatives. The first one "is no longer with the company." I have submitted documents and photos to both of them. The last contact person said the warranty does not apply because the manufacturer of my unit has gone out of business. There are universal replacement belts for this unit, but, because the manufacturer is no longer around, the contact person said that the warranty is no longer applicable. When I bought the unit, no such condition was attached to the warranty. The warranty is just a sales gimmick and has no value or application. "

This review was modified by Literod on April 11 2016 01:45:45 PM

2016-02-23

Our Freemotion elliptical finally arrived... But patience was a virtue!

"When we decided to purchase a fitness machine we contacted Fitness Warehouse for some final questions prior to placing our order. Mr. Jim Rosen, owner, spoke with us about our selection and offered his comments. After more than 20 min chat with Mr. Rosen we changed our product selection and ordered the Freemotion Elliptical 6.4 fitness machine. This was due to Jim's suggestions derived from his many years experience in the fitness industry. The order was placed on January 12, 2016.
The delivery of the 6.4 Elliptical was estimated to be in 10 to 14 days.
This is where the "virtue" of this review starts. Two weeks of not hearing anything from anyone, we started contacting Fitness Warehouse inquiring about our order. After talking to FW reps, they assured us they would check it's status and contact us within 1 business day with an update.
Another 3 days passed without hearing from anyone. We again, contacted FW and talked to a rep who assured us they would find an answer later the same day. An email from them told our issue has been escalated to another person and they would be contacting us within 3 business days. We were contacted the following day and told our elliptical had shipped and should be receiving it soon.
Another week passed without any contact or tracking number. Now we contacted Mr. Rosen direct and told him of our missing order. The next person we heard from 2 days later was the shipper, confirming the address and approx date of delivery.
Finally on February 17, our order arrived. Nearly 5 weeks after placing the order! We didn't have time to assemble it until Feb 20th. My text I sent to Jim Rosen when finished with the assembly was, "Saweeeeeeet!" This elliptical is everything Jim had said it was. And then some!!! It's too bad the time it took to receive this wasn't better! We feel Jim was honest about the equipment we purchased but the rest of the process detracts greatly from what should have been a good order & purchase experience! Rating probably shouldn't have been a 4, however, we are extremely pleased with the Freemotion Elliptical 6.4 fitness machine.

2016-02-12

Avoid this company

"My husband bought this elliptical for my Christmas present. it is supposed to arrive from 14 - 20 days. It arrives 4 weeks later. Every time that we called to check the status, they never answers until someone for sales department told us that customer service works until 3:00 pm CT . One that they answer (25 min later every time If I was lucky) they apologize for the delay and told us than in a week I'll have the product. That didn't happen. Now that we know that the service is not good and that if it happened just with the shipping what will happen if we request warranty?
We wanted to return the product but guess what we have to pay shipping of $700 (the free shipping when they sell them to you plus the shipping to return it) and after that we have to pay also the package of warranty , so basically I have to keep it because economically it is more easy.
When they were selling the product, they never mention this aspects, they just tell you how fantastic is the service. So I feel that this is a scam, they tell you a pretty history to sell and the reality is that you got stock with the product even if they mentioned that you can return it in 60 days if you don't like it, never pointing out that you will have to pay $700 of shipping plus extra costs.

This review was modified by ethelD on February 12 2016 02:12:24 PM

2015-12-28

"I would give minus stars if that was an option. This is a very shady company that charged my card immediately but has not shipped the product after 5 weeks. I have attempted to cancel the order but there has been no acknowledgement of this cancellation despite numerous e-mails and calls. This company promises but doesn't deliver. The sales lines are well manned. The sales chat line is well manned. I have not been able to reach anyone at the service extension. But there has been no substantive response to service questions by e-mail. RUN AWAY from this company."

2015-11-16

"Very bad experience with them, they tell you what you want to hear and do what they want. Customer service is the worst!"

This review was modified by craynor-35067 on November 25 2015 09:06:16 AM

2015-11-11

"The service department called me directly about the product I was requesting, which shows interest in customer satisfaction. "

This review was modified by KristyGonder on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-11-10

"If your looking for the best prices and service in the industry, then check out Fitness Blowout. If they don't have what your looking for, they will work with you to see your needs are satisfied completely. They have some of the best warranties in the industry and will stand behind what they sell. I bought a treadmill from them in 2007 and now need a part. The customer service department got right on it and got me the part free of charge no questions asked. So if you need fitness equipment, then go to Fitness Blowout."

This review was modified by scorpionking0102 on November 12 2015 04:22:01 PM

2015-10-28

"My experience with Fitness Blowout was pretty bad but after reading other reviews, I realize it could have been much worse. Fitnessblowout is a third party reseller or "middle man." I purchased an elliptical that was supposed to be a top of the line model and started out on the most bizarre purchasing adventure of my life.
I called the company to ask about a top of the line Free Motion elliptical but as soon as I told the salesman what I wanted, he transferred me to general manager, Steve Barzilai. Steve talked me into ordering a top of the line EPIC elliptical instead by telling me the two machines were pretty much identical, made by the same company (ICON), and so on...
I had been researching ellipticals until my head was spinning and I was just ready to be done with the whole business. I paid almost $2000.
After ordering, my first clue that something was wrong was when I received the shipping confirmation and looked up the tracking information. The shipping weight didn't match up to the specifications listed on the fitnessblowout website. I googled the elliptical and every website I encountered listed the machine as weighing 305 lbs. My machine weighs 264 lbs.
I thought either the wrong machine was being sent or it was missing a large part. I tried to call Steve directly as he had given me his number and assured me that I could always talk to him about any concerns... I was never able to get in touch with him again. After he made his sale...crickets. He never returned my calls, answered my emails, or anything...
I finally called the main number at fitnessblowout and told them about the shipping weight being off. Salesperson, Amanda, put me hold and called ICON where it was being shipped from. She told me that ICON confirmed that they sent the right machine. BTW, I'm sure ICON did send the machine that was ordered by fitnessblowout (Steve), but it was not the one advertised by fitnessblowout. (I will note that ICON is not at all to blame for this catastrophe. They are a major supplier of fitness equipment and have no control over what third party sellers perpetrate. They have tried to bend over backwards to make sure everything was fine from their end.)
Anyway, long story short, I repeatedly tried to contact fitnessblowout about the wrong machine being shipped and have them rectify the problem. All they did was shift the blame, make excuses and finally avoid me. I've notified the Better Business Bureau. I will also post reviews about them so that others can avoid their scams.
I have a metaphor that sums up my experience. Let's say you sit down at a restaurant to order desert. You look at the menu and see they have 2 flavors of ice cream, chocolate and vanilla. You order chocolate even though it inexplicably costs more but receive a flavor you never knew existed...pumpkin brulee! You find that you like the flavor but it's definitely not what you ordered...it wasn't even on the menu!

I will share the latest email I sent to Steve and Amanda. It's been almost a week now and still no response from either of them. You've been warned!

Mr. Barzilai,
I now know that I didn't receive the machine I ordered from you. The machine I received weighs 264 lbs. and has a 33 lb. flywheel. Your site lists the specs of the EPC 3.5 elliptical as weighing 305 lbs. and the flywheel weighing 35 lbs. I'm not sure what I got but it may be the one your site lists as the 3.0 because it is described as weighing 261 lbs. For all I know, my machine may be some kind of hybrid of the two models... A mishmash of spare parts. The console diagnostics says the machine is a 3.1. I've attached a screen shot of the diagnostics.
Other than the machine not being the one I ordered, it is a bit unsteady and wobbles side to side when I am using it. I weigh 125 lbs. so it shouldn't do that. That may be due to the lighter flywheel. This is one of the reasons I wanted the heavier 3.5 version. Also, the screen is scratched up. I will keep the machine unless you would rather go through the hassle of somehow having it shipped back. I don't hate the machine but it's just annoying that I didn't get what I ordered and I tried to tell you something was wrong with the shipment because the weight was off weeks ago. I would like the price reduced to the lesser model and refunded to my account.
Please contact me about resolving this as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Amy M.
PS: I've spoken to ICON extensively now and the machine I have certainly does not match up to the specs of the machine I bought from you. I like the machine and it works well but I am upset that I didn't get what I ordered. If I order and pay for a top of the line model, I expect to get what I pay for. I hope to hear back from you soon.
*********crickets********************chirping******************

2015-09-09

"This high pressure outfit sold me on an elliptical (the HCI Physiostep LXT) that was supposedly far better than the NUSTEP I called them about. I wound up getting a $3000 machine that does not work and now they ignore my requests for help."

2015-08-11

"Great Equipment. Super Jim personally helped me when I had an issue."

2015-07-01

"I ordered my treadmill from Fitness Blowout and have enjoyed it for 7 years. I lost the safety key and it was replaced without charge - great customer service!!

2015-06-15

"They saved me almost $1000 on a new machine for my mom with out having to hassle with a shady sales person and even gave me a one year price guarantee. "

2015-06-14

"Glad I called in and spoke to a rep, I almost bought a Bowflex and made a huge mistake. After being educated about and presented better options I purchased a sweet treadmill and still saved some cash. These guys are the real deal!!!! "

2015-05-06

"I purchased a SuperSport Club Non Folding Treadmill from Fitnessblowout.com more than a year ago and could not be happier with the product and experience. In calling I was immediately connected with a very knowledgeable rep who assisted me in understanding the various product lines, features, benefits etc... Good quality, great price. The product arrived on time and as promised. Continues to perform very well. ... Great company. Highly recommend Fitness Blowout!.... Todd Mitchell"

Share Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse's store rating

Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse is a merchant member
Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,612 merchant members.