Stores > Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.86/10 7.86/10

What is this?

"The service department called me directly about the product I was requesting, which shows interest in customer satisfaction. "

This review was modified by KristyGonder on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"If your looking for the best prices and service in the industry, then check out Fitness Blowout. If they don't have what your looking for, they will work with you to see your needs are satisfied completely. They have some of the best warranties in the industry and will stand behind what they sell. I bought a treadmill from them in 2007 and now need a part. The customer service department got right on it and got me the part free of charge no questions asked. So if you need fitness equipment, then go to Fitness Blowout."

This review was modified by scorpionking0102 on November 12 2015 04:22:01 PM

"My experience with Fitness Blowout was pretty bad but after reading other reviews, I realize it could have been much worse. Fitnessblowout is a third party reseller or "middle man." I purchased an elliptical that was supposed to be a top of the line model and started out on the most bizarre purchasing adventure of my life.
I called the company to ask about a top of the line Free Motion elliptical but as soon as I told the salesman what I wanted, he transferred me to general manager, Steve Barzilai. Steve talked me into ordering a top of the line EPIC elliptical instead by telling me the two machines were pretty much identical, made by the same company (ICON), and so on...
I had been researching ellipticals until my head was spinning and I was just ready to be done with the whole business. I paid almost $2000.
After ordering, my first clue that something was wrong was when I received the shipping confirmation and looked up the tracking information. The shipping weight didn't match up to the specifications listed on the fitnessblowout website. I googled the elliptical and every website I encountered listed the machine as weighing 305 lbs. My machine weighs 264 lbs.
I thought either the wrong machine was being sent or it was missing a large part. I tried to call Steve directly as he had given me his number and assured me that I could always talk to him about any concerns... I was never able to get in touch with him again. After he made his sale...crickets. He never returned my calls, answered my emails, or anything...
I finally called the main number at fitnessblowout and told them about the shipping weight being off. Salesperson, Amanda, put me hold and called ICON where it was being shipped from. She told me that ICON confirmed that they sent the right machine. BTW, I'm sure ICON did send the machine that was ordered by fitnessblowout (Steve), but it was not the one advertised by fitnessblowout. (I will note that ICON is not at all to blame for this catastrophe. They are a major supplier of fitness equipment and have no control over what third party sellers perpetrate. They have tried to bend over backwards to make sure everything was fine from their end.)
Anyway, long story short, I repeatedly tried to contact fitnessblowout about the wrong machine being shipped and have them rectify the problem. All they did was shift the blame, make excuses and finally avoid me. I've notified the Better Business Bureau. I will also post reviews about them so that others can avoid their scams.
I have a metaphor that sums up my experience. Let's say you sit down at a restaurant to order desert. You look at the menu and see they have 2 flavors of ice cream, chocolate and vanilla. You order chocolate even though it inexplicably costs more but receive a flavor you never knew existed...pumpkin brulee! You find that you like the flavor but it's definitely not what you ordered...it wasn't even on the menu!

I will share the latest email I sent to Steve and Amanda. It's been almost a week now and still no response from either of them. You've been warned!

Mr. Barzilai,
I now know that I didn't receive the machine I ordered from you. The machine I received weighs 264 lbs. and has a 33 lb. flywheel. Your site lists the specs of the EPC 3.5 elliptical as weighing 305 lbs. and the flywheel weighing 35 lbs. I'm not sure what I got but it may be the one your site lists as the 3.0 because it is described as weighing 261 lbs. For all I know, my machine may be some kind of hybrid of the two models... A mishmash of spare parts. The console diagnostics says the machine is a 3.1. I've attached a screen shot of the diagnostics.
Other than the machine not being the one I ordered, it is a bit unsteady and wobbles side to side when I am using it. I weigh 125 lbs. so it shouldn't do that. That may be due to the lighter flywheel. This is one of the reasons I wanted the heavier 3.5 version. Also, the screen is scratched up. I will keep the machine unless you would rather go through the hassle of somehow having it shipped back. I don't hate the machine but it's just annoying that I didn't get what I ordered and I tried to tell you something was wrong with the shipment because the weight was off weeks ago. I would like the price reduced to the lesser model and refunded to my account.
Please contact me about resolving this as soon as possible.
Amy M.
PS: I've spoken to ICON extensively now and the machine I have certainly does not match up to the specs of the machine I bought from you. I like the machine and it works well but I am upset that I didn't get what I ordered. If I order and pay for a top of the line model, I expect to get what I pay for. I hope to hear back from you soon.

"This high pressure outfit sold me on an elliptical (the HCI Physiostep LXT) that was supposedly far better than the NUSTEP I called them about. I wound up getting a $3000 machine that does not work and now they ignore my requests for help."

"Great Equipment. Super Jim personally helped me when I had an issue."

"I ordered my treadmill from Fitness Blowout and have enjoyed it for 7 years. I lost the safety key and it was replaced without charge - great customer service!!

"They saved me almost $1000 on a new machine for my mom with out having to hassle with a shady sales person and even gave me a one year price guarantee. "

"Glad I called in and spoke to a rep, I almost bought a Bowflex and made a huge mistake. After being educated about and presented better options I purchased a sweet treadmill and still saved some cash. These guys are the real deal!!!! "

"I purchased a SuperSport Club Non Folding Treadmill from Fitnessblowout.com more than a year ago and could not be happier with the product and experience. In calling I was immediately connected with a very knowledgeable rep who assisted me in understanding the various product lines, features, benefits etc... Good quality, great price. The product arrived on time and as promised. Continues to perform very well. ... Great company. Highly recommend Fitness Blowout!.... Todd Mitchell"

"We were very pleased that Fitness Blowout provided two replacement parts needed for a treadmill originally purchased from FB some eight years ago."

"I maintain two SuperSport HR Club II Nonfold treadmills that were purchased from Fitness Blowout at the beginning of 2013. The devices arrived timely and in good condition. They were easy to set up. With a periodic maintenance schedule I have not had any problems with the motor or the walking deck/belt. Recently a couple of the incline/ speed control switch overlays were cracked from heavy use. One call to Fitness Blowout and I had the new overlays purchased and on the way."

"This site is on the top of the worst out there ,
I bought from them an elliptical machine in spring 2014 ,I machine arrived totally damaged ,all though the packing with in good condition , the machine inside arrived with Broken arm ,wires sticking out in every side , and the engine is broken . It has been almost a year , many emails , so many calls , I got nothing but promises to send another one or at least fix it .these guys sent me an unusable machine .
It would be insane for anyone out there to give them your money and get the worst equipment and service I have ever experienced in my fitness profession life and that's more thsn20 years .
Don't buy from them . Big scam

"Missing a Rear adjust boxes on a CardioZone SuperSport Club Fold-Away Treadmill

Co-workers were not able locate a replacement w/ local vendors

I opted to keep trying. Thought that I might have trouble finding parts due to the age of equipment. I located the User manual via the internet. The unit indicated to use Fitnessblowout concerning warranty. Our unit in not under warrnty, but called them. I was directed to Tech Support by Customer Service concerning my need. After communicating back & forth via email. I was happy w/ the collaboration between Customer Service & Tech Support in receiving the part # & price knowing it is in stock. I was very pleased to find out that they would replace them free of charge

Basically I couldn't get parts anywhere else I was looking , I would strongly recommend Fitnessblowout.com

"awesome services. The equipment is easy to read and use. I had been using it about 5 years. Nothing is broken. "

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!! I have never written a review before but do not want anyone else to waste over $3000. We bought a "refurbished" treadmill, used it a few months (maybe a dozen times) and it broke. They refuse to stand behind their product.... TERRIBLE COMPANY"

Share Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse's store rating

Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse is a merchant member
Fitness Blowout / Super Gym's Fitness Warehouse participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,677 merchant members.