Stores > Fire Mountain Gems

• Fire Mountain G

Product & services pricing Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
2017-02-07

This company has ripped off SO many people

"This unethical company is ripping off thousands of dollars from their loyal customers. If you are one of the MANY who are being refused refunds under their Iron Clad Guarantee, I am letting people know that they must file complaints to BOTH the State of Oregon Department of Justice, and also the Federal Trade Commission - (search for them as I don't think they are allowing me to post the links here). If possible, include copies of order confirmations and shipping confirmations that show the Iron Clad Guarantee. What they did is illegal, and if everyone files complaints, they will be held accountable. It only takes a few minutes. I can't stress how important it is that EVERYONE files BOTH claims!"

This review was modified by swimmer504 on February 17 2017 12:15:01 PM

2017-01-28

Changed Return Policy to 90 days or worse AND it's Retroactive

"This company which suddenly turned into a criminal enterprise has RETROACTIVELY modified its return policy as of Dec 2016. That means anyone who made purchases more than 90 days prior to the change has lost their right to return - or that's what the company wants you to believe. I contacted my attorney about it who suggested I first make a complaint via the State of Oregon.

All states have consumer protection statutes that prohibit deceptive business practices. What this company has done is downright disgusting and totally dishonest. When we made purchases via their site, we relied on their return policy.

WE ENTERED INTO A CONTRACT WITH THE COMPANY based on that return policy. The company CANNOT unilaterally modify that policy. Everyone MUST contact the Oregon Dept of Justice, Consumer Protection. File an online complaint with all the necessary details and it will be investigated as a deceitful, deceptive practice and should allow folks to make the returns. My attorney also said this could amount to a rather huge class action case. DO NOT let them get away with it. When too many people start complaining, the Oregon Attorney General might step in and take care of these criminals. I am old and have seen a lot of despicable behavior by businesses, but to revise a return policy retroactively after countless people made purchases BASED ON their liberal return policy is just off the charts unacceptable.

Keep in mind that if a business will pull a stunt like this, then it cannot be trusted with anything!!!

This review was modified by Gonzozap on February 14 2017 11:58:34 AM

2017-01-23

Change of return guarantee

"Ordered precious metals $668 worth. Wrong guage. But the company changed guarantee from what is written on my invoice. They sent back to me even after I spoke to someone on the phone prior of return. Over $16 in postage . I was not notified in any form but me calling the company. First time I ordered precious metals from them. I will not order again "

This review was modified by ccrchrs on February 14 2017 11:58:12 AM

2017-01-03

Buyers Beware!

"Fire Mountain Gems is really expensive place to buy inferior products, especially gem stones and pearls. Everything they sell can be purchased at other sites for far less money. It is unbelievable what they over charge for sterling silver, Swarovski beads and strands of gemstones. All of these products can be found for way much less and save your hard earned money! I absolutely do not recommend them."

This review was modified by Jponc on February 16 2017 01:31:11 PM

2015-03-01

"I run a small jewelry shop, and I have to say by far that fire mountain has the best quality sterling silver chains that resist tarnish. I have shopped at many stores for sterling silver chains, and theirs are the best quality for shine and tarnish resistant and durability that I have found. Excellent quality and great service.
For those complaining about paying for shipping with returns, if you receive something broken just call them and they will email you a return shipping label free of cost. I have done that without a problem.
Their online chat is great for answering any questions, and their customer service is excellent too.
I have been a customer for 3 years.

2014-09-06

"Almost all the bracelets I ordered are to small as though they were made for children. Now they want me to pay more money for shipping to return. Don't believe their IRON CLAD GUARANTEE. I shouldn't have to pay again for items that are to small. Your not happy, we're not happy, is bull. I'm not happy and they don't card. I'm glad I only spent 25.00."

This review was modified by Anonymous on January 28 2017 04:22:41 PM

2014-06-25

"I just ordered 100 bracelets from FIre Mountain Gems and the ones that came with metal clasps are almost 100% broken, the clasps won't close etc. Tried to call customer service but got the answering service at 10:20 a.m. "They're too busy taking new orders to talk to past customers." They wanted me to leave a name and phone number so someone could call me. Really???

I won't ever order from them again. Customer service is too busy???

This review was modified by RileyMckenna on January 28 2017 04:22:32 PM

2013-06-28

"Fire Mountain Gems has really cute silver toe rings and pre-made jewelry too. I've ordered a few different rings and necklaces from them and the pricing is very reasonable and delivery is quick!"

This review was modified by TheBoysMama on June 28 2013 11:51:02 AM

2013-06-17

"I have been looking for a beading toolkit. I'm pretty particular about my tools, I wanted a foam grip rather than a plastic grip, and I was hoping to find a set of smaller tools that I could maneuver easily. I found just what I wanted at Fire Mountain Gems, and even with standard shipping, I received my order (along with a free pen, that was a nice gesture) within three days. Product was exactly as described, shipping was fast, great experience overall."

This review was modified by Catango on June 17 2013 11:35:11 AM

Justinesjewelry4u's Avatar

Saint Cloud, Florida
2013-05-05

"Definitely the best store around for the best products, and they have everything you need, the best catalogs too. I order from them alot. They were the first that I ordered from when I started out, you can't beat their prices for swarovski gems. Also the best customer service. Great return policy. Although I've never had to return anything to them.
Definitely the Best in my opinion!!! Love you FireMountain!

2012-07-05

"We have purchased multiple orders over the past 2 years and have found the service fantastic, the catelogue and range has absolutely something for everyone, our orders are about nz$400 as we live in New Zealand and choose to take advantage of the all asortable pricing. We have had about 6 orders and have only ever had items turn up damaged once. On saying that FMG were informed and after returned promptly replaced. The packages arrives padded and extra padding in box if required but the bit I love is the tissue lovingly placed on top of the order with 'with love' heart sticker on top. I think the only hard bit is the $70 odd for postage."

2012-06-19

"The items I ordered were all well covered in bubble wrap and plenty of the light beige recycled paper was used to pad the rest of the way.

I ordered two of one item that contains six little *very* fragile glass pieces. That's twelve easily-broken bits. All of them, and the two crystal hearts I ordered all arrived fully intact.

After checking my items, I emailed them to thank them for the exceptional packaging and to let them know I'd be writing a review here if they were listed. They responded within the hour, thanking me for my message. It was a personal reply, not a form letter.

The only down side to it all is that they included a copy of their recent catalogue and I've already gone through it, circling a bunch of items to order.

2012-04-14

" I have been ordering from fire mountain for a few months and am satisfied with items and service so far. Have had a few glass beads arrive broken but overall quality is great and selection unmatched. Customer service is very helpful and everyone I have dealt with has been nice. My orders arrive within 10 days and shipping is flat rate of only 5 dollars! Will continue to order from FMG and would recommend them!!"

This review was modified by ShelbyK on April 14 2012 10:18:10 PM

2011-04-09

"The several times I have ordered from FMG, I've had at least two items in the order arrive damaged (i.e., several or more beads in a strand cracked or crushed) due to poor packaging. One time, the mixed cabachon kit that I orderd was packaged so poorly that it arrived opened and scattered throughout the envelope, crushing my headpins and several beads in accompanying strands. I also don't like that some items are only available in a range of sizes, making it impossible to know what you will actually receive until the item arrives (makes it very hard to plan any kind of design). As far as returns, you have to pay for returns, even for damaged items, which just seems wrong. After several times of keeping damaged items rather than paying to return them (wouldn't have made sense financially to do so), I have decided not to order from FMG again unless they are the only choice for ordering an item. "

2011-03-02

"I recently purchased a beginner metal clay kit from Fire Mountain Gems. After only 4-5 uses, the butane torch that came with the kit will not work correctly. In order to turn it off, I now have to use a screwdriver to pry up the off button. This tends to be a little scary while holding a lit 1400 degree or so torch. I called Fire Mountain Gems to see if they would exchange the torch or refund it. They said they can't refund it because it was part of a kit, and I've used the metal clay out of the kit. In order to exchange it, they said they would need to test all of their torches in stock, which would take approximately two weeks, and that they would get back to me. The torch worked fine the first two times I used it, but failed after only two uses. I feel this is an unacceptable response on something that is an equipment failure issue, and the equipment failure has the potential to cause bodily injury and is a fire hazard. Poor quality item, poor customer service."

Share Fire Mountain Gems's store rating

Fire Mountain Gems is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Fire Mountain Gems is not a merchant member
Fire Mountain Gems does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!