Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I just ordered 100 bracelets from FIre Mountain Gems and the ones that came with metal clasps are almost 100% broken, the clasps won't close etc. Tried to call customer service but got the answering service at 10:20 a.m. "They're too busy taking new orders to talk to past customers." They wanted me to leave a name and phone number so someone could call me. Really???

I won't ever order from them again. Customer service is too busy???

modified review This review was modified by RileyMckenna on June 25 2014 07:45:12 PM

"I create jewelry in a variety of non-precious mediums and really enjoy the inspirational images and the large product assortment on this site. I also like the customer service--I've been a customer for almost ten years and my packages arrive quickly and it's been a breeze to return any product that I decide against using in my jewelry. My biggest complaint is that too much goes on sale! It's hard to keep from pressing that pesky "add to cart" button."

modified review This review was modified by tekobari2000 on June 28 2013 12:56:29 PM

"Fire Mountain Gems has really cute silver toe rings and pre-made jewelry too. I've ordered a few different rings and necklaces from them and the pricing is very reasonable and delivery is quick!"

modified review This review was modified by TheBoysMama on June 28 2013 11:51:02 AM

"I have been looking for a beading toolkit. I'm pretty particular about my tools, I wanted a foam grip rather than a plastic grip, and I was hoping to find a set of smaller tools that I could maneuver easily. I found just what I wanted at Fire Mountain Gems, and even with standard shipping, I received my order (along with a free pen, that was a nice gesture) within three days. Product was exactly as described, shipping was fast, great experience overall."

modified review This review was modified by Catango on June 17 2013 11:35:11 AM

Justinesjewelry4u's Avatar
Saint Cloud, Florida

"Definitely the best store around for the best products, and they have everything you need, the best catalogs too. I order from them alot. They were the first that I ordered from when I started out, you can't beat their prices for swarovski gems. Also the best customer service. Great return policy. Although I've never had to return anything to them.
Definitely the Best in my opinion!!! Love you FireMountain!

"We have purchased multiple orders over the past 2 years and have found the service fantastic, the catelogue and range has absolutely something for everyone, our orders are about nz$400 as we live in New Zealand and choose to take advantage of the all asortable pricing. We have had about 6 orders and have only ever had items turn up damaged once. On saying that FMG were informed and after returned promptly replaced. The packages arrives padded and extra padding in box if required but the bit I love is the tissue lovingly placed on top of the order with 'with love' heart sticker on top. I think the only hard bit is the $70 odd for postage."

"The items I ordered were all well covered in bubble wrap and plenty of the light beige recycled paper was used to pad the rest of the way.

I ordered two of one item that contains six little *very* fragile glass pieces. That's twelve easily-broken bits. All of them, and the two crystal hearts I ordered all arrived fully intact.

After checking my items, I emailed them to thank them for the exceptional packaging and to let them know I'd be writing a review here if they were listed. They responded within the hour, thanking me for my message. It was a personal reply, not a form letter.

The only down side to it all is that they included a copy of their recent catalogue and I've already gone through it, circling a bunch of items to order.

" I have been ordering from fire mountain for a few months and am satisfied with items and service so far. Have had a few glass beads arrive broken but overall quality is great and selection unmatched. Customer service is very helpful and everyone I have dealt with has been nice. My orders arrive within 10 days and shipping is flat rate of only 5 dollars! Will continue to order from FMG and would recommend them!!"

modified review This review was modified by ShelbyK on April 14 2012 10:18:10 PM

"The several times I have ordered from FMG, I've had at least two items in the order arrive damaged (i.e., several or more beads in a strand cracked or crushed) due to poor packaging. One time, the mixed cabachon kit that I orderd was packaged so poorly that it arrived opened and scattered throughout the envelope, crushing my headpins and several beads in accompanying strands. I also don't like that some items are only available in a range of sizes, making it impossible to know what you will actually receive until the item arrives (makes it very hard to plan any kind of design). As far as returns, you have to pay for returns, even for damaged items, which just seems wrong. After several times of keeping damaged items rather than paying to return them (wouldn't have made sense financially to do so), I have decided not to order from FMG again unless they are the only choice for ordering an item. "

"I recently purchased a beginner metal clay kit from Fire Mountain Gems. After only 4-5 uses, the butane torch that came with the kit will not work correctly. In order to turn it off, I now have to use a screwdriver to pry up the off button. This tends to be a little scary while holding a lit 1400 degree or so torch. I called Fire Mountain Gems to see if they would exchange the torch or refund it. They said they can't refund it because it was part of a kit, and I've used the metal clay out of the kit. In order to exchange it, they said they would need to test all of their torches in stock, which would take approximately two weeks, and that they would get back to me. The torch worked fine the first two times I used it, but failed after only two uses. I feel this is an unacceptable response on something that is an equipment failure issue, and the equipment failure has the potential to cause bodily injury and is a fire hazard. Poor quality item, poor customer service."

"Love working with Fire Mountain Gems. Very helpful and patient on the phone. Products delivered on time and as specified. Love that they sent me a catalog to get me going. Great website, too!"

"I have purchased from Fire Mountain numerous times over the years and love their products and customer service. They've got great variety, reasonable pricing and they ship fast. I will always do business with them. "

modified review This review was modified by laila on June 03 2009 09:07:37 PM

"Beautiful web-site and catalogs. Made purchases during the year and I am completely satisfied.
The customer service representatives are very friendly and competent. Will shop again and again.
Order was delivered in 2 days (when ETA was 6-10 days) Unbelievable!

modified review This review was modified by marinatan on December 11 2006 09:39:04 AM

Fire Mountain Gems is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Fire Mountain Gems is not a merchant member
Fire Mountain Gems does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!