• FireFold / Grou
    • Address: 2701 Derita RD Concord, NC 28207
    • Contact: info@firefold.com
    • Phone: 704-979-7100
    • Customer Support: 704-979-7100
    • Business Hours: Monday through Friday. 8am to 5pm.
    • Fax: 704-979-7150

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"We have ordered HDMI cable from them numerous times. You must test EVRYTHING and take pictures of any problems before sending them back. We have had problems after the return getting credit for cables or shipping back. They will tell you items tested fine and will charge a restocking fee. They will not send a replacement for any faulty equipment and require a new order for replacements which requires additional shipping charges. Past quality cables are now made in China cables. They are no longer a prime supplier for us. They do stock cables so only are allowed to be used in a an emergency."

This review was modified by HDMIforPCs on March 12 2015 07:22:49 AM

"This is my second order with Firefold. First time, I bought ethernet cables for my security camera system. They were the best priced and I have had no issues with the products as of this date.

Concerning this current purchase, I needed a USB to micro USB cable for my wife's tablet. The price for the product was very low. The shipping first class was more expensive than the item, but even with the shipping cost, it was cheaper than paying for a similar product on Amazon then paying for shipping.

We ordered on a Sunday and got the item on Wednesday. We are happy with the shipping time. The cable is nice and thick, not thin and delicate like the OE cable that came with the tablet.

For me, this is the place for any cable need. Thank you!

This review was modified by Sgt David on June 18 2014 10:42:23 PM

"Horrible customer service! They charged me restocking fees on items that they told me would do the job? Called their so called help line and was told to order a certain item (HDMI splitter), it didn't work. So, I called again, was told I ordered the wrong splitter and that it wouldn't do what I needed and to order the second item (another HDMI splitter). It didn't work. Called and spoke to a Ms. Morgan, explained what I was doing for the third time,she said I ordered the wrong thing again and that I needed a HDMI switch not a splitter. I told her that I ordered what I was told to by the so called experts at Firefold and that it was going to work. I spent enough money so far I could have gone to Walmart.com or Bestbuy.com and got what I needed at a cheaper price because they charged me restocking fees and wouldn't give me any credit for all the shipping charges that I have incured. I have been in retail for 30 years and if I or someone that worked for me made a mistake I owned up to it and fixed the problem! Not so with Firefold and their so called customer support / relations teams. Asked to speak to a manager and was told there wasn't one around that I could talk to so I'm talking to the public instead. Thank you for reading."

This review was modified by G.Southall on May 30 2014 08:34:15 AM

"Ordered 5/29/2013 at 1:15 PM to meet their "same day shipping guarantee." Well, the next morning, I received an email stating that two out of five items were out-of-stock even though their web site still shows this very moment that those items are "In stock." I called the CSR and followed up with an email message that I wanted what I ordered. I was told that the in-stock items would ship that day and the other items will ship when they get them at no additional shipping cost. The in-stock items did NOT ship yesterday and the status today shows "sent to distribution." They still have yet to ship the items. Now the claim is the same day shipping guarantee is only for orders that ship with UPS, however, there is nothing on the web site that makes that qualification. So you place an order and do not get the in stock items nor the out of stock items. I've purchased from Firefold since 2007 but had not bought anything in the last two years. Look like it's time to purchase elsewhere"

This review was modified by 0-0-0 on May 31 2013 01:05:46 PM

"I discovered FireFold while doing a search on Google. I was very impressed at how easy it was to order from them. Even more, I was amazed at their prices. I'm glad I "stumbled" upon FireFold. I will be doing business with them again very soon!"

"Placed my order on at 7:29 Tuesday morning and received my order on Thursday by USPS regular mail. Order was correct and undamaged. This is my second order with this company for chargers and accessories and I'll be back if I need anything else."

"fast arrival of a good product!! would use firefold again!!"

"In 2010, I ordered a 20 Foot Premium HDMI Cable v1.4 28AWG from Firefold. The order came promptly. These are inwall cables, so my contractor installed them into my walls and we closed it up. Due to the architecture of my house, the distance between my tv and receiver/dvr box is not simply a straight line, so we had to snake the cable around before closing the walls. Months later, the hdmi connectors on one end broke. I called firefold and they told me that the connectors can't be replaced, that i'd have to a whole new cable. they said they would send me a free replacement because they were aware of issues with the heads breaking off and had updated the design since. I was a bit annoyed that they didn't send out a notification to their customers who bought this item once they discovered the issue so that we may have avoided installing defective wires. I then had to wait for my contractor to have an opening so that he could come by and redo the wires. I tried pulling out the old wire myself but couldn't do it because of all the turns. So I waited for my contractor and for firefold to send the replacement. In the meantime, i have this ugly hdmi cable connecting my tv to the receiver hanging in front of the tv. I never received the replacement (firefold told me they send it and the usps site says it was delivered, i believe them, I just never got it- possible that they left it at my doorstep which they do all the time and someone snatched it because i live on a busy street). So after waiting months because my contractor was tied up on a big project, i finally got around to calling firefold to see where the cable was. they said it was delivered and since I called so much later, they couldn't help me. Even though, I now have to spend hundreds of dollars to reopen my walls and a new hdmi cable due to their faulty workmanship. The customer service manager said they didn't need to contact all their customers about the problem because, so far, it didn't affect all their customers yet. If they realized how much time and money it costs people to fix this problem, maybe they would. A $25 cable is now costing my 5x more than that to fix, with no help from firefold. If Lexus waited for every person who has their vehicles to experience a brake problem before issuing a recall or notifying their customers, then we'd have a lot more fatalities in the US. Admitted, that's an extreme analogy, but you get my point. Firefold, you suck. "

"Very efficient. All items came as described. Very friendly and helpful staff. They ran out of an item before my order was filled, and I was notified by a very nice and helpful lady only about 30 or 45 minutes after my order was placed. She informed me that they had regretfully run out of the color of ethernet cable I had ordered. She informed me of the other colors available and quickly changed this on the order. I will definitely be doing business with firefold again. Thank you."

"This Company is GREAT! I needed a sound adapter (mini stereo male to 2 RCA female.) I looked extensively online and around town and I found Firefold to have the lowest price for the part. Not only that, they offered super low shipping by USPS. Not many online places offer that. Also, Firefold had it delivered to my home in less than two days!! Thanks Firefold...I'll definately be back!"

"i have just received the item i bought and it is as described , in its original package.shipping was good.Good communication .Highly recommended and nice to do business with.Thanks again"

"Firefold had a GREAT price. Shipped promptly. Received in 4 days. Will purchase from Firefold again as needs arise. "

"I ordered a couple cables on Sunday night. They were in the UPS system on Monday. UPS then delivered them on the promised delivery date. Extremely competitive price and selection."

"I have ordered from FireFold in the past and always recommend them to friends. Great price and product quality!"

"The shipping cost was very reasonable compare with other online stores also admired their customer service response time. "

This review was modified by Rating_th on March 03 2011 02:11:43 PM

Share FireFold / Grouse Industries (formerly: CompuNetTech.com)'s store rating

FireFold / Grouse Industries (formerly: CompuNetTech.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

FireFold / Grouse Industries (formerly: CompuNetTech.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!