FireFold / Grouse Industries (formerly: CompuNetTech.com) Reviews - firefold.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.33/10 103 reviews

FireFold / Grouse Industries (formerly: CompuNetTech.com) is not a merchant member
FireFold / Grouse Industries (formerly: CompuNetTech.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Ordered 5/29/2013 at 1:15 PM to meet their "same day shipping guarantee." Well, the next morning, I received an email stating that two out of five items were out-of-stock even though their web site still shows this very moment that those items are "In stock." I called the CSR and followed up with an email message that I wanted what I ordered. I was told that the in-stock items would ship that day and the other items will ship when they get them at no additional shipping cost. The in-stock items did NOT ship yesterday and the status today shows "sent to distribution." They still have yet to ship the items. Now the claim is the same day shipping guarantee is only for orders that ship with UPS, however, there is nothing on the web site that makes that qualification. So you place an order and do not get the in stock items nor the out of stock items. I've purchased from Firefold since 2007 but had not bought anything in the last two years. Look like it's time to purchase elsewhere"

modified review This review was modified by 0-0-0 on May 31 2013 01:05:46 PM

"Placed my order on at 7:29 Tuesday morning and received my order on Thursday by USPS regular mail. Order was correct and undamaged. This is my second order with this company for chargers and accessories and I'll be back if I need anything else."

"fast arrival of a good product!! would use firefold again!!"

"In 2010, I ordered a 20 Foot Premium HDMI Cable v1.4 28AWG from Firefold. The order came promptly. These are inwall cables, so my contractor installed them into my walls and we closed it up. Due to the architecture of my house, the distance between my tv and receiver/dvr box is not simply a straight line, so we had to snake the cable around before closing the walls. Months later, the hdmi connectors on one end broke. I called firefold and they told me that the connectors can't be replaced, that i'd have to a whole new cable. they said they would send me a free replacement because they were aware of issues with the heads breaking off and had updated the design since. I was a bit annoyed that they didn't send out a notification to their customers who bought this item once they discovered the issue so that we may have avoided installing defective wires. I then had to wait for my contractor to have an opening so that he could come by and redo the wires. I tried pulling out the old wire myself but couldn't do it because of all the turns. So I waited for my contractor and for firefold to send the replacement. In the meantime, i have this ugly hdmi cable connecting my tv to the receiver hanging in front of the tv. I never received the replacement (firefold told me they send it and the usps site says it was delivered, i believe them, I just never got it- possible that they left it at my doorstep which they do all the time and someone snatched it because i live on a busy street). So after waiting months because my contractor was tied up on a big project, i finally got around to calling firefold to see where the cable was. they said it was delivered and since I called so much later, they couldn't help me. Even though, I now have to spend hundreds of dollars to reopen my walls and a new hdmi cable due to their faulty workmanship. The customer service manager said they didn't need to contact all their customers about the problem because, so far, it didn't affect all their customers yet. If they realized how much time and money it costs people to fix this problem, maybe they would. A $25 cable is now costing my 5x more than that to fix, with no help from firefold. If Lexus waited for every person who has their vehicles to experience a brake problem before issuing a recall or notifying their customers, then we'd have a lot more fatalities in the US. Admitted, that's an extreme analogy, but you get my point. Firefold, you suck. "

"Very efficient. All items came as described. Very friendly and helpful staff. They ran out of an item before my order was filled, and I was notified by a very nice and helpful lady only about 30 or 45 minutes after my order was placed. She informed me that they had regretfully run out of the color of ethernet cable I had ordered. She informed me of the other colors available and quickly changed this on the order. I will definitely be doing business with firefold again. Thank you."

"This Company is GREAT! I needed a sound adapter (mini stereo male to 2 RCA female.) I looked extensively online and around town and I found Firefold to have the lowest price for the part. Not only that, they offered super low shipping by USPS. Not many online places offer that. Also, Firefold had it delivered to my home in less than two days!! Thanks Firefold...I'll definately be back!"

"i have just received the item i bought and it is as described , in its original package.shipping was good.Good communication .Highly recommended and nice to do business with.Thanks again"

"Firefold had a GREAT price. Shipped promptly. Received in 4 days. Will purchase from Firefold again as needs arise. "

"I ordered a couple cables on Sunday night. They were in the UPS system on Monday. UPS then delivered them on the promised delivery date. Extremely competitive price and selection."

Rating 8/104/5

"The shipping cost was very reasonable compare with other online stores also admired their customer service response time. "

modified review This review was modified by Rating_th on March 03 2011 02:11:43 PM

"I placed an order on the 5th of December 2010,and the next morning realized that there is a possibility that it wasn't the right wire that i needed. first of all this order was under my husbands name David D. and the person that i was communicating with didn't know that. her name is Amanda(amazing person:),i was speaking to her through live support online.she not only fixed my order that morning, and then helped me figure out that i also needed a stereo wiring for my laptop. but then later that day when my son came home from school, he looked at the t.v and informed me that the wire i purchased was not the correct one. so once again i talked to someone on the live support online service and Amanda joined the conversation,i told her my problem and before my order went out she caught it just in time to fix my mess up.and also getting some money back because the other wires cost more than the final order that was placed. Amanda is a very extremely helpful person and who ever needs help with an order and wants it fixed through the live online support , hope that she assists you. because as a female myself i was very grateful that i wasn't going to be stuck with wires that i can't use. because i hate returning items. thanks A.Dougherty I GIVE THIS PURCHASE A 100 gold stars AND THE HELP ONLINE 1000 gold stars"

"I always ship 3-5 business days. everything has always worked so I have no idea about returns. It is a very nice site to order from as they highlight sale items. *****"

"Excellent quality Products at a great price, have ordered more then once and was a very happy costumer every time. 5 STAR rating without a doubt! "

modified review This review was modified by AzoresIsland on October 26 2010 02:57:18 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered a pair of RJ11 Modular Surface Mount Jack, 1st batch came in the wrong type, I ordered a double jacked version. A single phone call straightened it out, they sent out another replacement order with no charge and told me to keep the previous order. (although total order is just $5.) This was a trial run for me. Even though ran into a glitch, it's a good opportunity to try out the customer service, very happy with the result. Will order again."

"This was my second purchase from FireFold. Bought 2 6' HDMI cables. Great quality, fast shipping and absolutely the lowest prices around. I paid less for these two 6' cables, including shipping, then what one cable would have cost locally. Highly recommend. "