"Extremely unhappy about the poor quality of fabrics (not worth even clearance prices), the misleading website and inadequate packaging!

Shipping was fast (and free, I ordered during their Free Shipping Week Sale) but all fabrics came over-stuffed in a single plastic bag. From two ordered beige wool throws one was missing, the other was stained through bleeding color from a piece of red thread, which, perhaps, was once holding a label? (My guess is, the fabric was stored in a humid environment.) The other three fabrics didn't match the descriptions on the website. All of the "rayon" fabrics I've ordered from this company are acetate or nylon, not rayon. What was advertised as "silk charmeuse" with original price $30 per yard was see-through and lacking any satin sheen.

The website has a very outdated design, images are not well done and it's time-consuming to search for particular term in order to find all matching items.

I am returning everything, expecting a refund (otherwise will dispute the transaction through my credit card company) and will not buy from them ever again.

modified review This review was modified by SewingEnthusiast on November 20 2013 07:43:52 PM

"Oh well, I thought they did good, at least this time around. I thought it came fairly quickly. I ordered September 5 and my first package came one week later. The other package is due on Saturday. I look forward to seeing it. I don't think the fabric is too bad. It certainly has more to offer than JoAnne Fabrics does! I couldn't find what I was looking for there. I found the colors and the type of wash and wear material I wanted, so I'm satisfied. I ordered from Denver Fabrics and I guess this "Fashion Fabrics Club" is the same people. Or that's where the warehouse is. I thought maybe I had bought iridescent silk from them several years ago, and it was really nice stuff. I think back then it was a small company and they seemed really nice. But this is fine. I'm just glad to find this material and the website really is terrific because it tells you what's in the material and how to care for it. Plus the colors seem to be right on the mark from the colors they show on my computer screen."

modified review This review was modified by gemluvr704 on September 12 2013 07:56:28 PM

"Very unhappy with this company. They charged a totally unreasonable amount for shipping. Fabric is average to say the least and shipping time was slow. I hope no-one else gets caught out by this terrible scam!"

"Fashion Fabrics club sent me a 10 yard bolt of stained rosette fabric. When I took the vacuum sealed plastic off it smelled the entire room with the stench of urine, sex, and musk! It is disgusting and vile. How dare they make me keep this horrendous product? They are clearly running some kind of scam selling used soiled fabric at high prices! The owner Tom will not take my phone calls and their salespeople keep hanging up on me. Avoid! Abort! Run! I have photos at yelp."

"This company's international shipping charges are ridiculous. Not only that, they take your order, cut your fabric and THEN inform you what the shipping total will be! Who does that? I asked them to tell me, in an email, what their shipping fees to Canada were FIRST. They got back to me days later and told me it would be a general $7.95 "international charge" plus whatever they wanted to charge for the weight. Of course they'd already cut the fabric. The shipping ended up being $32 in total for 5 yards of lightweight knit. Absurd! I informed their customer service that it is poor business practice not to provide the customer with shipping costs BEFORE cutting the fabric (AND charging said customer), especially since shipping from the States can be so expensive. What's the point of fabric that's $5 a yard when it costs $32 to ship it? Also, it took weeks to get here (it's Canada, not Mongolia) and for that price it should have come IMMEDIATELY.

Also, I know others have commented on the quality of the cloth. I too ordered one thing and got something else - I wanted ponte to make trousers and got cheap, sleazy polyester. Not even a blend, which I at least could use for something else... this was tacky, see-through junk. The other knit was fine, but I would never have ordered it for that price! I'm out $60.

"First and last time buying from FFC.

1) Their store being known as a bargain is misleading. Although they have low prices and sales, their lowest shipping rate is 6.95 and on my package, the postage paid was only 3.22. WIth such high rates, you could probably lose money (and you will).

2) Customer service is horrible. I'm one of dozens of customers to note this and I won't be the last. I never got a confirmation email about shipment and when I emailed them, all I got was "Shipped on blah/blah date. US Mail." Thanks Fashion Fabrics, I won't be in your club anymore. I didn't call their number and I'm glad I did because other reviews said they spoke with a very rude lady. I'll call them next time I feel like having my day ruined.

3) Quality of fabric. I ordered an off-white fabric piece and it came with lots of small dark specks all over it. I don't know if they murdered someone and it got stained with blood or it the fabric has mold growing all over it, but it was definitely not what I ordered. I'm not contacting them to return for a refund because I would have to spend shipping and subtracting that from my purchase, I would get around 2 bucks back. Not worth it and probably not worth talking to their customer service. Another thing is that the fabric is stuffed in the shipping envelope so there is nothing protecting the fabric during shipment.

4) Rant. There website does need updating. Specifically if a fabric is going to have dirt/blood/mold/whatever the hell it is, they need to let customers know that they will be buying a defective piece. I don't know who is in charge of all NINE testimonials but I hope those nine people are very happy compared to the hundreds of unhappy customers.

"TERRIBLE SERVICE. My shipment was supposedly sent over a week after I placed the order -- and 1 week after my card was charged. This close to Christmas, that was unacceptable. I ordered on December 9! Now, according to the package tracker, my fabric will not come until December 24, which is useless. I could not stay up all night sewing on Christmas Eve -- even if I could, I would still not be able to make everything.

I've asked for a refund, but I doubt that they'll give it to me because of the shady, uncaring company they appear to be.

Instead, I'll do everything I can to get my money back. I'm going to refuse delivery, send the package back, and dispute the charges on PayPal. NEVER ORDER from either Fashion Fabrics Club or Denver Fabrics -- they are the same company.

"I have ordered numerous times from this company, and can't say I've experienced any of the problems that have been stated here. My orders have been shipped in a timely manner, the fabric, with one exception, has been what I've expected. And that one was a piece that I knew was cheap when I ordered it but the color was not sage green as stated but more a light lime green. But a friend was happy to have it. I ordered a couple yards more than I needed because it qualified me for free shipping. I will definitely order from them again."

"Don't order from them. I recently ordered wool for a coat which they failed to let me know they did not have in stock. However the fine print informs you that you have to notifiy them if you want to be contacted by e-mail if an item is not available. Web sight is poorly designed and not updated. Order at your own risk."

"Worst company I have ever used on the web. Extremely slow service. Charges credit card weeks before fulfilling orders. Customer service is unbelievably rude. Fabrics are poor quality. Nothing good to say about this company at all."

"You already know thier horrible not only to deal with but the fabric is cheap and quality poor. The owner does not respond to e-mails. His employees are soarly lacking in proper costomer service...not to mention they sent me half a yard of jersey wool with carpenters glue on it and want to ignore, ignore, ignore.

So that is exactly what we as the consumers will do. Ignore...ignore...ignore.

"they rip you off on international shipping fee
they charged for 3 yards of fabric worth $ 21.60 in a second visa transaction $23.50 for shipping with USPS to canada - never got any notification about this outrageous shipping rate

"This place is terrible!!! TERRRIBBLLEEEE! They seemed nice and when looking for stretch velvet, they were the store google kept showing me. They were also one of the few stores I could find both online and near me that sold stretch velvet. I ordered some 1/8 yard wide 'samples' of 7 different fabrics so I can see as many as I can. I can order up to 7 1/8yard (their smallest size and also their 'sample' size) and have shipping be only a couple dollars or something - after 7 it goes up quite a bit. I ordered and then got confirmation emails, which were very nice. I got the samples superFAST! Unfortunately i only got 4 of the 7. I was only charged for the 4 but was not told anything about the ones missing. I emailed them about it and the person said they were out....ok...was anyone going to tell me this? no...apparently not. I emailed her back and asked if I could order 3 more to replace those and she said the order had been placed and couldn't be changed. I said I just wanted 7 samples of fabric and the low shipping cost. If I had known they were out I would have ordered 3 more. ONE they need to keep up with their inventory. Its a friggen FABRIC store, it is VERY important to keep up with inventory!!! SECOND they need to tell the customers the item is out of stock and what they would like (cancel, change order, add items....)!!! SERIOUSLY! I then ordered from them again because I really needed some more fabric and its hard to find apparently. I asked if I could get a discount on shipping because of my situation and I got nothing. Not a thing. They are terrible and have poor communication and customer serivce skills. Don't expect them to tell you if they are out of something until it is too late, also if you pay for shipping you may not get your moneys worth because they don't know how to run a business. DONT ORDER FROM THEM!"

Fashion Fabrics Club is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Fashion Fabrics Club is not a merchant member
Fashion Fabrics Club does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!