"Ordered 50 feet of USA-manufactured 3/8th inch air hose and appropriate air couplings. Received the items promptly and in perfect condition. Highly recommend this direct-to-customer manufacturer."

"I just bought the 5/8" X 250' mean green hose. What a great product. I live in the country and needed a long hose. Been using the same hose for 10 years. Now time will tell how this product will stand up.I've used urethane hoses for air compressor and they have held up well.
I just ordered the made in USA stainless steel hose reel to house the new hose. Looking forward to getting this.

" I became tired of buying a new light weight (meaning cheap) garden hose every year, or dragging a multi-year heavy-duty hose that required a tractor to move it, so I began the search for a durable light weight hose. I found none in the local garden or building supply stores. Every reference I found on the web for my requirements ended at Factory Direct Hose. Being well past retirement age, my wife and I needed a hose that would be easy to pull across a residential street to our garden and return daily during the hot dry Summer. Their hose is not cheap in price, but neither is it cheap in quality. I ordered a 1/2 in by 150 ft "Mean Green Garden Hose". According to their web site I should not worry about the occasional car that runs over the hose in the street, nor tractors either if it should encounter a few. It weighs only 15 lbs., pulls easily and works great. I needed a little more length to reach the fence though, so I moved this hose to the back of the house where it would reach the shrubbery and ordered a 200 ft hose in their newly announced darker green which would blend with the grass color if I didn't get it all the way back. By their specs this hose was a fraction lighter (per foot) than the first one. For some reason though the finish felt "gummy" and the hose was much harder to drag through the grass. My wife just gave up on irrigation rather than pull even an equivalent length. I e-mailed customer service and politely asked what remedy they had. The next morning I had a reply stating that UPS call tags would be issued and I could choose between a full refund including shipping or replacement of the hose prepaid. Although this was the first feedback on this new color, they accepted full responsibility for the problem before they even saw the product. They even shipped the new hose (in the old color at my request) before they received the return! This one handles like the first one. I don't know how you can earn a better rating on "Return or Replacement".
Rating #1 gave pricing a 5. It's expensive, but I didn't find any competition and it's not made in China. #1 also was not perfect on shipping. They do a good job of hiding and you probably will have to communicate only by e-mail, but in the 4 or 5 contacts I have initiated they have responded in less than 24 hours and a couple of times in just 2 or 3. They are in the Pacific Northwest and I on the South Atlantic coast so I'm 5 UPS days (that's 7 calendar days) away. Shipping by the day after order received would help and on at least one order they did. Another thing that some customers might like is the automatic generation of a shipping notice with tracking number. On each shipment I e-mailed a belated request for such and got it promptly.
I don't expect to replace these, but if I do I will e-mail Factory Direct Hose.

NOTE: Although this is a 1/2" hose, I checked the flow before I used it on my 3.5 gpm pressure washer and it flowed as much as my old 5/8" hose.

modified review This review was modified by Thud 21 on September 14 2006 09:21:02 PM

"Great product, very lightweight and seems strong/durable. The hose reels they carry are awesome as well, along with even small things such as fittings and nozzles. Prices are good (not cheap but you are paying for quality here) and shipping is decent. I will definately buy from them again.

P.S. I also e-mailed them as I forgot to change the color of my hose and I got a reply promptly.

modified review This review was modified by Nesto on September 14 2006 01:04:55 AM

Factory Direct Hose is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Factory Direct Hose is not a merchant member
Factory Direct Hose does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!