FTD Reviews - ftd.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.17/10 233 reviews

FTD is not a merchant member
FTD does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I will never again use FTD's services. I recently attempted to send flowers to someone following surgery. The flowers were to be delivered Wednesday and I received email confirming delivery - that was a blatent lie. Nothing had been delivered.

So I called to track the problem down and was told, promised a phone call shortly with a response. Nothing. A second call in to their service department a few hours later, another promise, and nothing. A call again - and not only a promise of a call back but also of delivery that day (a day late). No call, no delivery.

I finally called last night and spoke with someone and told them to cancel the order - and was told I could not. I was pretty blunt - I would be calling the credit card company and declining the charges - FTD failed to provide services as promised in the time frame promised. Again I was promised an email immediately with a confirmation of order cancellation and refund.

No email, no refund and guess what showed up several days late.... the flowers.

FTD is horrible in service - they teach their service team to lie, they do not give a crap about customer satisfaction or following through. They have lost my business forever, and I shall be very sure to spread this story far and wide - bless social media. You simply cannot trust their word.

modified review This review was modified by leegirl14 on April 04 2014 03:17:08 PM

"Terrible experience. Ordered flowers for my wife for valentines day and paid $85.97 Was embarassed when I saw what was delivered to her. What she got was not what was advertised on their site. What was delivered was a very cheap substitute. Contacted Ftd the as me day and several emails since. What I have gotten is the run-a-round and BS. I even sent them a picture of the flowers to no avail. Last emailed referenced not getting feedback from the. Florist they used. Since then, no more information. Will not ever use FTD Florist again and will make sure other people are aware of the service or lack of service I received. "

modified review This review was modified by Dsigue on March 22 2014 08:31:57 AM

"The worst online florist to deal with period. Very disappointed, had been a gold member since 2011 but will never order from them again. Had to have them fully refund my renewal and last order as they missed my Valentines day delivery by 5 days!!! They sent 1 email that went directly to my spam box, no phone calls horrible communication, and when there were any questions they did NOTHING instead of shipping ASAP. Tired of the apologies and BS from their customer service. Truly horrible company to deal with."

modified review This review was modified by FTD.comISSHIT on February 19 2014 05:52:09 PM

"Am I crazy or do I remember a time when FTD used to be a reputable company? If I could give them zero stars I would. What a complete rip off this service is! I was going to go directly through a local florist but ended up going through FTD after finding a groupon. What a mistake! I ordered the arrangement to be delivered on Feb 15th, hoping to surprise that special someone. I received an email from FTD that afternoon confirming delivery, and looked forward to her getting home and discovering the flowers. But there were no flowers. I called the customer service number to of course discover I was talking to someone at a call center probably in India who didn't really understand me very well and was very hard to understand herself. She said she tried to call the florist, but they were closed and told me to check back the next day. Next day, I call again, and again am told the florist was closed. The next two days in a row I was told that the local florist claimed they had attempted delivery saturday, monday, and tuesday and found no one home. I told the FTD operator that that was crap because I knew for a fact that there had been someone home all day mon and tues. They claimed the local florist left a note on the recipient's door and not received a call, which again was untrue because there was no note. I repeatedly asked the various customer service representatives (all equally inept and unhelpful) if I could contact the local florist directly since not only would we be eliminating a language barrier, but I'm also from the area and would be able to make sure they're going to the right place. I was of course told that FTD can not release that information to protect the local businesses. What a pile of bs. What they're protecting is their own business because they know that if I can contact the local florist directly I won't need them at all. 7 calls to customer service already, and still no flowers. I finally asked FTD to give the local florist a different contact number for the recipient and gave them my own cell number. Finally, I got to speak directly with the florist, but she was extremely rude. It seems like she was as frustrated with FTD as I am, but she chose to take it out on both me and my recipient, which is pretty messed up. Still no flowers, but she says they'll be delivered tomorrow and FTD claims I'm getting a free upgrade. It will be interesting to see if they actually make it there tomorrow and how they look."

"Pitiful service model: Promise the world and hope for the best. Ordered V-Day flowers weeks in advance. Order was cancelled by FTD the night before. Received an email days later apologizing and saying it will not ever happen again. Did not offer to help make things right at all. I wasn't even looking for a discount, rather just deliver what I ordered. A refund showed up on my CC a day later. If they had at least attempted to make it right, I would have a different opinion of FTD. As it stands now, I have no reason to ever trust this company again with what ought to be a core competency."

modified review This review was modified by tacode2 on February 18 2014 12:42:02 PM

"Horrible and disappointing. Please do not order form them for your own sake. I ordered flowers over a week ago. The flowers were supposed to arrive yesterday and they still haven't arrived. When I call the 800 number, I have been on hold for 30 minutes."

"Worst service - ever. My order was placed 9 days ago. Flowers just arrived today and nearly all dead. Over those 9 days I spoke with 6 different customer service reps. None of them could provide an update on the status on my delivery or nature of the problem. Each of them went out of their way to communicate that there would be no refund. As soon as you hit send on the web site you've bought the product no matter what happens. Amazing! Never seen a business with such hatred and contempt for their customers.

AVOID at ALL COSTS

modified review This review was modified by joesimone1 on February 14 2014 04:49:39 PM

"Absolutely the worst customer service I've ever experienced!!!!! STAY AWAY at all costs. I tried to order some flowers for valentines for my wife at work. I ordered them on 2/6. when we got a snow storm and realized she wasn't going into work on friday 2/14 I tried to call and change the order date or address. not only was I put on hold for over an hour twice!!! but tried to speak with a manager or supervisor and they refused!!! no one on there call center speaks english well enough to understand. additionally to give her the flowers that I already paid for at the earliest next tuesday the 18th it was going to be an extra $20 service charge? again whatever you do STAY AWAY at all cost.. no worth the savings. order from someone else. THE WORST EXPERIENCE IVE EVER HAD WITH ANY COMPANY… McDonalds or Walmart would have served me better."

modified review This review was modified by StanBl on February 13 2014 11:00:08 AM

"I wish I had read these reviews before using FTD. I ordered a sympathy fruit basket on a Thursday to be delivered Saturday during a reception back at the person's house. Saturday afternoon FTD sent me an email (not even a phone call) to tell me the order couldn't be delivered. The best they could do was to Fed Ex something on Tuesday (a week after the death). What they finally decided to send was not what I originally wanted. I emailed customer service, but they never got back to me. I will never use FTD again."

"I used FTD to have flowers delivered to my mother in law for her birthday - she never received them. I have been in touch with FTD twice, and have not been able to talk to anyone, nor has anyone returned my emails. Needless to say, the charges my credit card have not been reversed yet either. This is the worst delivery service I have ever used - I would definitely recommend NOT using this service. "

modified review This review was modified by t47LLooppz on January 12 2014 06:44:31 PM

"Placed an order of flowers on December 20, 2013. Placed two orders, for delivery on December 24, 2013. I share the dates because the timeline is important here:

Order #1: Arrived on-time, but looked hell. Horrible condition. So bad, one might think I was actually pranking the recipient.
Order #2: As of Dec. 27, still awaiting arrival. Which does a lot of good, to be Christmas wish flowers. It is mid-afternoon, on December 27th, now three days after promised delivery, and still nothing.

This organization doesn't deserve to be in business. I have never been more wildly angry with a company in my life. I work in marketing, and I deal with customer service every day, with great companies and poor companies. This is the worst negligence I have ever seen.

I will never, ever use them again. A recommendation: With Google as your guide, if you want flowers delivered, look up the local florist, and guarantee delivery via a local shop. FTD doesn't deserve anyone's hard-earned dollars.

If you want to convey something during an emotional or important time, and like so many of us, think that flowers are a wonderful means of doing so, do NOT entrust these gestures in the hands of these idiots. They will ruin everything you are trying to accomplish.

-Furious

modified review This review was modified by StLDanko on December 27 2013 11:45:12 AM

"I was placing an order or 82 gift baskets. Representative told me to order gold membership to et free shipping. Then other department told me they can give bulk order discount -$15 to each item. When I called next day they said nobody could talk to me in these term because the lady is the only one in that department. Anyway, I had to place 82 orders on phone, it took me 5 hours, the items ran out of stock, nothing else could be combined with free shipping, on delivery date emails flooded my mailbox that "item is no longer available" or "delay on this item". Calling takes minimum 20 minutes, I need to tell from my name, street address, recipients name, address, zip codes, card numbers, etc. Thou they send ORDER NUMBER so why they just cannot track it by themselves? Waste of money, time. People: add extra couple dollars to buy somewhere else! Most of the gifts are not even delivered.. From 82 order numbers I got only 3 confirmations that the item was delivered.. Not talking about customer service and representatives who cannot explain what's going on, only repeats "I understand you" and that's not helping when you have tons of lost orders!"

modified review This review was modified by intuswindows on December 18 2013 10:18:10 AM
Rating 4/102/5

"They completely omitted the Asiatic lilies that were the hallmark flower of the bouquet I selected. The bouquet was shipped through and delivered by UPS, so they were not delivered until 7pm, and some of the flower petals were bent/folded. There were even a few dead leaves in the bunch, something you never see in hand-delivered bouquets. And to top it off, they only deducted $15 from my order for the $20 Groupon voucher I applied to it!"

modified review This review was modified by astrogrl on November 16 2013 04:36:02 PM

"Do not use this site if you expect quality. My mother was traveling to Colorado for her 65th birthday to be with my sister. My wife and I were very excited when we saw the flower cake with cake plate. We ordered it for her even though it was quite expensive. When my sister sent us a picture of what was received it was horrible. Flowers were nothing like the picture. The colors were not like the picture, the set up was messy and they didnt even place it on a cake platter but dropped it off in a bag. I was furious. Even though i called and they were quick to refund me they insisted on coming to pick it up. Of course it would be an inconvenience to stay home waiting for them so i asked to be called, i asked twice and was told they would . I find out later they just showed up. I called to complain about that treatment and they offered me a coupon. I insisted i would not spend more money on their site in the hopes they dont screw it up again. So i asked that they send an apology bouquet. They said it would be done. Unfortunately they did not do it. I called for a fourth time to be told they saw that in the notes but they never followed up as promised so now they said again they would do it. I am still waiting to see if they follow through this time around. I would not waste my money with them again."

"Oh my, where to start... STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS like the pest. They are just a bunch of thieves!!!!!!

I ordered a nice "Better" bouquet from them to be delivered in Toronto, ON. The bouquet was a third of the size it should have been, and 8 rose stems had been replaced by cheaper carnations. The third type of flower (forgot what it was) was missing too. All of this for USD $86! Had I known that (it was my first time) I would dropped by my local florist and order 60 rose stems for the same price!!! It's one of the biggest rip offs I've experienced in my life.

Their website is also misleading. The one I used from Canada was www.ftd.ca and implied it was a Canadian company and therefore charging in CAD dollars. Well I was wrong. I got charged in USD to my disbelief. Canadians BEWARE.

Another point that really upset me . When I complained about the flowers they said they were going to refund 40% of my purchase (the best they could do... supposedly)... I thought this was better than nothing. Turns out the 40% applies to the bouquet only, not to the $16.99 service attached to it. What a rip off FTD... Seriously? No wonder why you get so many bad reviews.

I wish there was a commerce police of some kind patrolling the web to spot dodgy companies like FTD and take action to close them for good.

Thanks

Manny

modified review This review was modified by manny34 on October 24 2013 06:18:31 PM