Eye Glass Direct Reviews - eyeglassdirect.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.00/10 15 reviews

Eye Glass Direct is not a merchant member
Eye Glass Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"sent in frames and prescription for COMPUTER visison
came back fine if your PC is 4 FEET AWAY!!

had my eye doctor read lenses!

"I had a great experience with this company. Steve (the owner) answered my questions immediately and clearly. I sent in a pair of ic! Berlin frames and requested single-vision Crizal Avance lenses. They received my frames on 2/1 and shipped the finished product on 2/10. The lenses are beautiful and perfectly made. I'm very happy not only about the money I saved but also about the overall experience with Eyeglass Lens Direct. I will certainly use them again."

"AWESOME!!! FAST & CHEAP!! I have used them 3 or 4 times and never been let down!"

"If you want to gamble getting glasses or not then order here. Be smart and save more money to be a good pair of glasses. Have not even recieved my glasses yet and I don't believe I will."

"they are scamming people. I would never order eyeglasses online. There is no way to find out what you get until it is sent home."

"WILL NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN. Ordered progressive lenses. Was very careful to get the prescription accurate, pupil distance, etc. When I received the order, the distance vision was good but the field of vision of the reading was terrible. I sing in the choir and I could not even read half the page of a narrow hymnal without turning my head. Called, was told that was just the way it was and ALL progressives were that was. Not so. I should have gone to a better outlet and gotten what I paid for. Didn't return them as I was told nothing would be better. PLEASE, you only have one set of eyes. Don't waste money trying to save money. YOU WILL BE DISAAPPOINTED."

"My glasses did not turn out good, or great: they turned out superior to every other product out there in every aspect. At an eyeglass store (walmart, pearle) these lenses would cost well over $250 so I was faced with a quandary: get cheap lens at $110 at a large chain or give a small business a shot and get top-of-the-line for the same exact price.

Boy was I glad.

I sent new frames out to them (located in TX) on 2/28, got word that they were received on 3/5, they were sent out on 3/18 and I received them back on 3/21. If you're willing to wait just a little for a high-quality, well-crafted product you'll feel comfortable wearing again and again, then look no further. It's a low-price, low-overhead small (mail-order) business that takes such a high level of pride in what they do. If you know your prescription and are a discerning glasses-wearer, then eyeglass Lens direct is where your business should be.

Also, there's a guy on complaints board who is the lone complaint. Just know: he didn't know exactly how to enter his prescription correctly. Unfortunately for him, the website states that it's not the company's fault if you can't enter your prescription right. Satisfaction guaranteed ON THE PRODUCT YOU ORDERED... Sucks for him...

"BEWARE: THIS COMPANY DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ERRORS. Among the services offered by Eyeglass Direct is Lens Replacement for customers' own eyeglass frames. After placing an order online for new lenses for 2 pairs of new recently purchased frames, as instructed, I mailed a package containing both of them, carefully wrapped individually in bubble wrap and placed side by side in a large, thick padded envelope. The company processed one pair and it was returned to me promptly, but deny receiving the other pair that was DEFINITELY in the same package. (Witnesses were present when it was packed and shipped.) Apparently, when the envelope was opened, they did not inspect it carefully and discarded the second pair, perhaps thinking it was extra wrapping. This should not have happened, especially because my online order (a print copy of which was inserted in the package as instructed), was for two identical lens replacements. The recipient obviously should have been expecting two pairs of frames and therefore inspected the package contents carefully. Although accidents do happen, the company's handling of their mistake has been shameful. They refuse to compensate me for losing my never-worn frames at their facility. Instead, they claim only one pair of frames was in the package; in other words...I am lying. This is customer service at its absolute worst. I am a frequent "on-line shopper," and this is by far the most disappointing experience I have ever had. I have never lodged a complaint against any company before. Please feel free to contact me at klsom@aol.com for more details regarding this company's dishonest practices and unprofessional behavior. "

modified review This review was modified by klsom on October 16 2010 12:23:02 PM

"When you take a prescription to other stores, they'll cover you if the doctor makes a mistake. In my case, my doctor made a simple mistake. I got hung.

Read their terms. "We... offer a 30-day money back guarantee against prescription accuracy." Easy to gloss over the gotcha.

What they're saying is that if the doctor makes a mistake, go pound sand. You're screwed. That's what happened to me.

"I sent in my frame for lens replacement and I noticed that one of the lens was cut badly; it didn't match the shape of the frame and I can see a big gap between lens and the frame at the inner corner of the frame. I sent back for replacement and it came back with a scratched lens and defective coating which I can easily notice when I reflect it to light. I didn't exchange this time because it cost me to ship it to them. I rather decided to live with scratches and defective UV coating because I didn't want to deal with them anymore. Now, after two months, I feel like I couldn't wear it any more because it make me dizzy and I couldn't focus to words when I read a book. I think the focal point is off from the prescription (I measured it from my eye doctor so it should be right). Only thing that I can think of is that they sent me a defective lens for the replacement to save money and ignore the focal distance to use it. This was my first time ordering from online store. I tried to save some money because local stores charge more for lens replacement but it was my big mistake. I am planning to go to a local store tomorrow to replace my lenses. It was that bad. Please don't make same mistake I made and DO NOT BUY GLASSES OR LENSES FROM THIS STORE. "

"My first and last experience with eyeglassdirect.com

Needed a pair of prescription eyeglasses before I went on vacation. After searching the Internet for a vendor who promised 1-2 day turnaround, I found eyeglassdirect.com. Additionally, they stated "satisfaction guaranteed."

Placed my order on a Monday and paid $20 extra for next day delivery. After receiving nothing by the third day, I called them. The customer service rep was pleasant but couldn't tell me the status of my order. When I told her I had to have them by Friday she wouldn't confirm. I explained her website said they claimed 1-2 day turnaround and this was the third day and my order still hadn't been filled. She said nothing, so I told her to cancel my order. Instead of agreeing she told me her manager would have to approve the cancellation and I'd have to wait while she spoke with him. Rather than run up my cell phone bill I told her to either call me back or email me confirming the cancellation. She promised she would.

She didn't. When Friday came I wrote an email telling them again to cancel the order and refund my money. I got no reply.

So I went on vacation without any glasses, thanks to eyeglassdirect.com. It eventually took them 10 days to deliver the order...after I got back.

When I wrote a third time to demand a refund, they refused. When I noted they had a "satisfaction guarantee," and I was far from satisfied, they only replied with an insulting remark.

I will never do business with this company again and advise others to stay away from them, as well.

modified review This review was modified by nostatic on January 14 2008 01:03:10 PM

"Have now ordered two pairs of eyeglasses from EyeglassDirect.Com. Both are excellent. Perfect in every way. Couldn't be happier. "

modified review This review was modified by giftzwerg on January 18 2008 03:39:52 PM

"Lenses were badly cut.

I've been wearing glasses for over 20 years. My lenses have always been nicely cut and polished - i.e., the edges are soft and not thick.

The lenses I got back from eyeglassdirect had very sharp and extremely thick edges.

I returned them but they simply polished the edges a bit to take off the sharpness.

Good opticians know how to cut lenses. The opticians in this store don't.

"2nd order, great price, prompt delivery both times"

"Excellent value! The glasses were 1/3 the price of local retailers and of the same quality. They were shipped out quickly and follow-up service was great. I would recommend this reseller to anyone who wants to stop being ripped off by local eyeglass shops."