Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"Excellent service, and prompt turnaround. Will definitely be using this service again!"

"Got 2 new pair of eyeglasses from Eyeglass Direct- they were perfect!...My favorite glasses and the price was right. Thank you!"

modified review This review was modified by JaniceGail on October 28 2014 01:40:56 PM

"Wish I had seen these reviews before using eyeglass direct ...
Awful experience - I sent my favorite sunglasses in for repair. They were returned with a big blob of glue on the frame joint which besides being unprofessional - didn't last. It fell apart again after a week. Sent it back TWO more times that's when customer service disappeared - wouldnt return calls. When I finally had enough I requested a refund for the repairs - no dice - was told the once month warranty expired - incredible my glasses were NEVER fixed and were with them the entire time.
Beyond bad ... Not sure how they are getting away with this. btw all the reviews posted on their site come from customers they hand selected to fill out the survey - I never got a chance to fill one out ...

modified review This review was modified by courtneyredding on October 18 2014 06:52:32 AM

"return went slow but good."

modified review This review was modified by TomSmith77 on October 15 2014 10:29:05 AM

"I sent them a pair of sunglasses that were broken. They said they could fix them, took my $50, and sent them back to me in a condition that was laughable - the frames were crooked (like the company), and the soldering was a big lump above the eyebrow. I called to complain (received no apology) and I sent them back. I received them and they were still crooked. The owner would not speak to me on the phone - instead choosing to hide and tell me through his secretary that they would do nothing for me. For them to take my $50 is a crime, and they know it (I told them). Don't do business with these people - they are dishonest and have no integrity. "

modified review This review was modified by AidanB on October 07 2014 05:15:26 PM

"If you like crappy job and rude service eyeglassdirect is the place for you.
these people do NOT like it if you send them pricey frames and ask them to do a personable job. Their job quality on a bit complex prescription is awful. they do not get anything right. I had ordered a progressive lens installed on my frame. first they hate it when you send them your frame, and thy try to charge you with all type of fees, then they mess up the frame and put on crappy lenses, and send it to you. You have already paid, and they are a 1000 miles away. complaint are transferred to the business owner, an Andy guy, and he is the rudest AH you have ever seen, calls you all names and hangs up on you. Go figure, how such a business can continue except online.

"sent in frames and prescription for COMPUTER visison
came back fine if your PC is 4 FEET AWAY!!

had my eye doctor read lenses!

"I had a great experience with this company. Steve (the owner) answered my questions immediately and clearly. I sent in a pair of ic! Berlin frames and requested single-vision Crizal Avance lenses. They received my frames on 2/1 and shipped the finished product on 2/10. The lenses are beautiful and perfectly made. I'm very happy not only about the money I saved but also about the overall experience with Eyeglass Lens Direct. I will certainly use them again."

"AWESOME!!! FAST & CHEAP!! I have used them 3 or 4 times and never been let down!"

"If you want to gamble getting glasses or not then order here. Be smart and save more money to be a good pair of glasses. Have not even recieved my glasses yet and I don't believe I will."

"they are scamming people. I would never order eyeglasses online. There is no way to find out what you get until it is sent home."

"WILL NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN. Ordered progressive lenses. Was very careful to get the prescription accurate, pupil distance, etc. When I received the order, the distance vision was good but the field of vision of the reading was terrible. I sing in the choir and I could not even read half the page of a narrow hymnal without turning my head. Called, was told that was just the way it was and ALL progressives were that was. Not so. I should have gone to a better outlet and gotten what I paid for. Didn't return them as I was told nothing would be better. PLEASE, you only have one set of eyes. Don't waste money trying to save money. YOU WILL BE DISAAPPOINTED."

"My glasses did not turn out good, or great: they turned out superior to every other product out there in every aspect. At an eyeglass store (walmart, pearle) these lenses would cost well over $250 so I was faced with a quandary: get cheap lens at $110 at a large chain or give a small business a shot and get top-of-the-line for the same exact price.

Boy was I glad.

I sent new frames out to them (located in TX) on 2/28, got word that they were received on 3/5, they were sent out on 3/18 and I received them back on 3/21. If you're willing to wait just a little for a high-quality, well-crafted product you'll feel comfortable wearing again and again, then look no further. It's a low-price, low-overhead small (mail-order) business that takes such a high level of pride in what they do. If you know your prescription and are a discerning glasses-wearer, then eyeglass Lens direct is where your business should be.

Also, there's a guy on complaints board who is the lone complaint. Just know: he didn't know exactly how to enter his prescription correctly. Unfortunately for him, the website states that it's not the company's fault if you can't enter your prescription right. Satisfaction guaranteed ON THE PRODUCT YOU ORDERED... Sucks for him...

"BEWARE: THIS COMPANY DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ERRORS. Among the services offered by Eyeglass Direct is Lens Replacement for customers' own eyeglass frames. After placing an order online for new lenses for 2 pairs of new recently purchased frames, as instructed, I mailed a package containing both of them, carefully wrapped individually in bubble wrap and placed side by side in a large, thick padded envelope. The company processed one pair and it was returned to me promptly, but deny receiving the other pair that was DEFINITELY in the same package. (Witnesses were present when it was packed and shipped.) Apparently, when the envelope was opened, they did not inspect it carefully and discarded the second pair, perhaps thinking it was extra wrapping. This should not have happened, especially because my online order (a print copy of which was inserted in the package as instructed), was for two identical lens replacements. The recipient obviously should have been expecting two pairs of frames and therefore inspected the package contents carefully. Although accidents do happen, the company's handling of their mistake has been shameful. They refuse to compensate me for losing my never-worn frames at their facility. Instead, they claim only one pair of frames was in the package; in other words...I am lying. This is customer service at its absolute worst. I am a frequent "on-line shopper," and this is by far the most disappointing experience I have ever had. I have never lodged a complaint against any company before. Please feel free to contact me at klsom@aol.com for more details regarding this company's dishonest practices and unprofessional behavior. "

modified review This review was modified by klsom on October 16 2010 12:23:02 PM

"When you take a prescription to other stores, they'll cover you if the doctor makes a mistake. In my case, my doctor made a simple mistake. I got hung.

Read their terms. "We... offer a 30-day money back guarantee against prescription accuracy." Easy to gloss over the gotcha.

What they're saying is that if the doctor makes a mistake, go pound sand. You're screwed. That's what happened to me.

Eye Glass Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Eye Glass Direct is not a merchant member
Eye Glass Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!