• EyeBuyDirect.co

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.92/10 3.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.83/10 3.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.37/10 3.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.38/10 3.38/10

"I have used eyebuy direct a few times in the past and was very pleased, but this time around not so good. The first pair arrived and were way off, called, customer service was great, sent them back, the second pair arrived still off. I'm sorry to say I am very disappointed in eyebuy direct this time around. "

modified review This review was modified by mxf954 on April 21 2015 07:38:59 AM

"Wow! I am so surprised and impressed. I got a replacement pair of glasses in the mail without asking! I contacted them last month and said that my Rx was wrong in my new glasses. (Honestly, it was my fault.) They said the frame was out of stock but I could order a new pair. I decided to wait because I love my frames so much. I never contacted them back. Today, in the mail, I received a surprise corrected pair. So Impressed! They try hard to please."

modified review This review was modified by mmmelaney on April 18 2015 04:38:41 PM

"I have ordered glasses from other online companies before and never had a problem. I decided to try this one because of an article I read and the fact that they offered a lens that I was looking for called Freeform-Progressives. I placed my order and waited for my glasses. The site stated you would receive the glasses in a set amount of time. On the last day I still had not received them.When I checked the website it said it was delivered. Being that I had not received them I called the company.I was told "It says they were delivered". OBVIOUSLY I COULD READ AND KNEW THAT SO, I decided to call the post office. Long story short, the post office delivered to the wrong house. So I called the company back and told them what the post office told me. The response from there is what became the nightmare...I was told they would remake them and send them out except for the fact that one pair is no longer available so they can't make those. They tried to tell me to pick another but there were only a few, maybe 5 to choose from in that price range at that point because they seemed to have run out of many of the frames I originally saw. They kept telling me I had to pick from those (Even though they had raised my limit to I think $5 from what I originally paid). I explained that none of those would be good because I needed LIGHTWEIGHT glasses and none of the ones they wanted me to pick where lightweight. The women said originally "they are all lightweight" but, that was not the case. You can even put the option into their search and none of those came up as lightweight. 3 days and 3 people and a supervisor later they refunded the money for that pair of glasses. (I didn't blame them for not being able to give me what I had but DON'T LIE )They told me they would RUSH the other glasses because it has now been over 3 weeks since I placed my order. But when I asked how soon to expect them I was told only one day less than the original time allotted. Then I couldn't believe what came next. I was told "this was your fault for not choosing UPS to start with" and they were "doing me a favor" by overnighting it to save me that ONE DAY and "send it through UPS at no extra cost to me this time!" To keep this from being a book I will just say that they never got here in the next 3-5 dates promised and they reason turned out to be that THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE LENSES THEY WERE SELLING! Now I wonder what was in the first pair they sent that were lost? Aparently they were waiting for the lenses according to the supervisor. After arguing a LOT they kept refunding more money each time they missed a date. I finally said If I don't have them by the final date I want a FULL REFUND! They had my money for 2 months by this point. They agreed and I did wind up getting them at no cost because they did not meet that date either.I received them about 5 days past the final date promised. I am having a problem with them and honestly I don't know if its the prescription or me not being used to them. I need to have them checked to see if they were made with the right prescription.But I could never recommend this company.There are others that are just as inexpensive if not even less, and have much better customer service.Oh one really important note : At one point, one customer service person actually said "We don't know if you really got the first glasses we sent or not!" Excuse me? Did I just hear her correctly? Who the hell would go through all this for a couple of inexpensive glasses? We are talking about a total order of about $150. I was very angry. I felt she was calling me a liar and thief.That alone would never have me do buisness with them again and I would fire anyone who worked for me that said something like that to a customer!"

modified review This review was modified by Itsme62 on April 05 2015 03:25:14 PM

"My glasses came and the prescription was wrong (my fault) but when I returned I had to jump through hoops to get it sorted out. Emailed customer service, talked to them via chat, then had to return ship glasses to another facility, wait for PayPal request for payment to ship new glasses, pay through PayPal, then tell customer service that I had paid for shipping and sent glasses back, then email proof of that before they would start on my new prescription. Customer service was short, curt, and didn't want to help me understand policy or try to resolve my negative feelings about the eyebuydirect experience. Feeling like a very unhappy customer! Still don't have my glasses!"

"I honestly think EyeBuyDirect.com doesn't get as much credit as they should. I found it by simply Googling affordable prescription sunglasses and I am unbelievably happy that I found it! Not only were they 175$ cheaper than what I was going to pay for at my Optometrist office, but they're honestly great quality. The customer service was fantastic, they emailed me every step of the way and I got it in a week, as they promised. Great packaging, and very nice glasses as I saw on the website. All the negative reviews are over the most petty things in the world. They're simply ignorant, and bratty customers. They deserve every single star I am giving them, which by the way.. it's five! I cannot wait to buy more stuff from them. "

modified review This review was modified by nathalyacosta14 on March 23 2015 11:36:33 PM

"I ordered two pair of glasses on Tuesday March 10,2015 and the order arrived on Sat March 21,2015. It was earlier than my expectation. I ordered "Jane" as my main glasses and It was perfect for my small face, the lenses I chose were 1.59 index and transition lenses and I cost me $160.00 (transition lenses are expensive). The other pair is "Drum", I just paid for high index lenses and It cost me $25.00 for that one. I got a bright red color. It was too bright for me but it's ok. This website save me from spending $300 for a pair of glasses.
I was thinking to buy the computer glasses since I will be working a lot in front of the computer.

"I am not satisfied. Long process time for glasses and they do not honor their return policy. The frames are not well represented in the photos and I want to return them. Their website is ridiculous as you must call them for a return authorization and the person on the other end clearly tells you that a return authorization "email" will be sent to you. Well they bombard my email with advertisement but no return authorization email. Shame on me for trusting them, hopefully you will not make the same mistake."

modified review This review was modified by TooMany_6 on March 15 2015 04:07:14 PM

"I think that having a than perfect experience considering the price is a small exception that rational people understand. You want more than just a cheap pair of glasses go pay hundreds of dollars at an office. They will cater to your every need as they make a fortune off of you! Other than shipping delays and a broken $9 pair they have been great. But for $9 I didn't expect much. Use logic here people. You're not going to find get a 5 star hotel for $50 nor a jaguar for the cost of a used dodge neon."

modified review This review was modified by livelyboi on March 04 2015 10:26:14 PM

"Amazing, Worth the wait, Perfect eye glasses, 1/5 the local cost."

"What a scam!! They have tried to tell me for the past 5 days my glasses shipped but have been sending a fake tracking number and telling me the item won't show up in usps tracking until it's at my post office. Where are these people from? They think no one ships anything or has ever used tracking before? They don't reply to emails for at least 3 days. I have filed a claim with PayPal for a refund. How crappy to mess with people who are waiting to be able to SEE! "

modified review This review was modified by Jlzombie on March 03 2015 08:28:04 PM

"Glasses done wrong are worth NOTHING!
That makes customer costs extremely EXPENSIVE!

Twelve years ago we got frustrated, fed up and stopped buying at EyeBuyDirect. After trying them again recently it became obvious how inept they continue to be.

This time they "Actually Changed" my prescription making the +add values the same for both eyes. Mine are not. Their site prompted me saying it was unusual but I confirmed the different values. I triple checked and then triple checked again. More than a month later I received my useless glasses. It was with their version of my prescription. I complained and was accused of entering it incorrectly! A Blame the victim version of customer service!

Their return guarantee is so cash-grab ridiculous!
After paying the shipping to them, adding their bifocal restocking fees and shipping back to me, it adds up to the same $50 Canadian that I already paid out in the first place.

This scheme literally Doubles the original price of the glasses. Screwing up again will Triple what customers must pay! Think about that while thinking how wonderful those prices appear to be.
Read the small print Guarantee and you will actually see it is a "Give Up and Cut Your Losses!" option.

There is profit in not doing it right the first time! It is obvious why customer service and quality control is non-existent.

Now I am debating whether to open a paypal dispute to get my "Full" refund or pay out more cash to get my left eye lens rebuilt locally.

It's just as bad maybe worse than it was twelve years ago! Do not let those low prices fool you.

Glasses done wrong are worth NOTHING!

Doing it Wrong is what Eyebuydirect continues to be very good at!

modified review This review was modified by Larry-V on March 01 2015 01:03:25 AM

"I really don't know where to start with this site. I mean, should I begin with the fact they sent these insulting little emails every 3 days to inform me they were "picking my frames", "cutting my lenses", "doing a 7 process quality test" (that took 5 days) or maybe the fact that it takes 2-3 days for a response from their customer service. I ordered my prescription glasses on the 11th of Feb, 2015. On the 26th, I finally received an email stating they had shipped my glasses. Needless to say I was very happy to finally have them sent after sending multiple emails to the site only to have them reply with "They'll be shipped next week" (3 weeks after the order was placed). The site tells you that you will have your glasses 7-14 days AFTER placing the order. It has certainly been more than 14 days. Now, after checking the tracking number multiple times and getting "NUMBER NOT FOUND" from usps, I almost gave up. But today I decided to check it again, and was told that they hadn't even shipped it yet.....They just sent the postal office the information....Which means my glasses still are nowhere close to being on their way to me. This is a ridiculous site, and so help me if they got my prescription wrong, or if the glasses are horrible quality, I will be contacting the CEO. I have sent them multiple emails trying to figure out what's going on with my order, and I have been ignored. I am highly disappointed with the customer service, the "first class shipping that only takes 3-5 days" and the "7-14 day package received guarantee". Unfortunately I have no clue as to the quality of the glasses to offer, but I figured my experience with just trying to get them shipped was enough to make others wary. DON'T BE LIKE ME AND IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS. THEY'RE THERE FOR A REASON!!!"

modified review This review was modified by brabern0820 on February 28 2015 08:05:25 PM

"Please read this for your sanity. A TERRIBLE experience. 7 weeks of delays and I get 2 pairs of glasses that are so far off I could not read the E at the top of the eye chart. I do not know how these "people" stay in business. Yeah the price is great but if you wait nearly 2 months for "quality assurance" delays only to get glasses that are so far off you have to laugh because you would assume you are on a hidden camera TV show due to the comedy of errors this so called business is running. So yeah save some money and get glasses for a friend or a stranger because the glasses you order will not be yours. The shipping label will have your name on the box but trust me your better off going to Goodwill trying on glasses and picking the worst focusing set, take those home and say wow now that was a good deal. UNBELIEVABLE that this place is in business! Shameful!! WTF??? "

modified review This review was modified by ron542 on February 21 2015 08:57:40 PM

"I have been using eyebuydirect for a few years and ordered over 10 through the years. I have never had any problems. You can't beat the prices. One time a fragile pair broke shortly after receiving them. I received a replacement pair with ease. I have referred many people to this site (and the bonus of getting money for doing that is great). I will continue to buy from them. One can never have too many pairs of glasses to accessorize with at their prices. "

modified review This review was modified by deelg on February 12 2015 11:30:57 AM

"I'm on my 3rd pair of glasses from this company. People will complain about the quality, customer service, or time it takes to receive the product – all of which are true. But, you can't really COMPLAIN about it. You don't buy a Ford Taurus and complain that it doesn't drive like a Ferrari do you? It's just what happens when you're trying to be cost effective. I'm satisfied with what I get for a mere 50 bucks. The quality of my first pair I was a bit unsatisfied with, the 2nd pair I was very satisfied, and the 3rd pair I'm waiting to arrive. I've only contacted their customer service once for a problem, and I was pleasantly surprised by their hospitality and efficiency to resolve the problem. Will buy from again! "

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!