Product & services pricing Rating 7.71/10 7.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"The coating on my lenses started wearing off after a couple months (despite using only approved cleaner). The "free" replacement cost around $10 ($6 to them plus cost to ship old glasses back), but I was told I would have the new set in 2 weeks after I sent the money and a tracking# for the glasses. I was surprised they did not offer to cross ship (especially since I am paying for the shipping) but whatever. After 2 weeks passed I asked why I didn't receive the new pair yet... I was told it would take another 2 weeks! Not worth the minimal cost savings and they have lost me as a customer."

modified review This review was modified by siccc on December 16 2014 03:30:11 AM

"The frames on the new glasses that I waited an age (3.5 weeks vs. a hour at a local chain) for from Eye Direct, that I have only had for a few weeks have broken (soder in the frames- made unusable). This is the evening before I go in for 5:30 am surgery into the hospital, where I have to sign a lot of legal forms regarding consent and other surgical procedures, that I will now not be able to read. These were very cheaply made frames, I was concerned when I received them, but having gone almost a month with a store bought set of readers that gave me such bad headaches I did not want to return them and be out of "sight: for another month or so waiting for a replacement from EyeBuy Direct. Frames should not break just from taking them off your face! It would be one thing if I sat on them or ran over them with the vacuum. This couldn't have come at a worst time. No one is manning their phones at this time so I can't even talk to anyone until I am out of the hospital."

"ABYSMAL service. I ordered some frames in the beginning of October, and four weeks later, after having been charged for the frames, still had not received them. I emailed them and learned that the frames I ordered weren't in stock. Frustrated with their lack of communication, I asked for my money back. They refused, saying they had no record of the transaction and that if I wanted a refund, I'd have to send them my bank statement with the charge on it. I did so, with the charge circled. They still refused to refund me my money. Only after writing a vitriolic email and threatening with a very unpleasant call did they concede and refund me my money.

I really don't know how these folks manage to stay in business.

modified review This review was modified by snarr on December 02 2014 12:52:23 PM

"Just Awful! #1 I waited almost 30 business days for my order, then to top it off the PD was so wrong on both sets, I was looking thru so much prism I almost threw up! #2 when I called to get a refund, they said I had to send them the tracking number, which was fine except I waited another 20 business days and thought, "how come my refund has not come thru?" so I called them and they supposedly sent an email requesting my RX... I never got it, nobody spoke english and they kept apologizing so I said I wanted the full amount after I emailed them the original Rx (written in + cylinder) she said , "so sorry to inform you but you put the wrong sphere and cylinder in, I asked if she was an optician she said, "No, but I can read it" I told her I was an ABOC in the Air Force for 100 years and we make specs on the back surface (-) cyl, not the front, (+) cyl and she apologized again and said, "I will refund the full amount except the 5.95 shipping", I never get upset at people, but I asked her if she would be willing to pay for a mistake? She was very quiet for a second then said she would refund the whole amount. With the first phone call the nonenglish speaking gal said I would be refunded the whole amout and "put it in my notes". You def get what you pay for. #4 They lie when they say they use premium lenses, and 100% satisfaction only if you raise the roof do you get it. "

"I am not the type of person to go out of my way to review a business, but WOW!!! This is the second pair of glasses that I have purchased from this company, and both times, I have been extremely satisfied. The frames are good quality, the lenses are spot-on, and the price was under $20 (with shipping!) My only complaint was the length of time it took to receive my glasses, but that wasn't a big deal to me."

modified review This review was modified by cantbsatisfied3 on November 26 2014 07:53:36 AM

"Ordered two frames, one feels like dime store quality plastic, the other was defective. They will let me return the defective ones for exchange, but not for return.

By the way, not possible to leave negative feedback on their website... so all the positive ratings you see there are selected by them.

modified review This review was modified by ChickweedATL on November 14 2014 08:46:34 AM

"It's been a month and still have not received my glasses. The website shows they have been in quality check since 10/14..seriously. After four attempts at contacting them I finally receive the response that they were mailed yesterday. The tracking # they gave me does not even exist with the postal service. This place is a joke! I'll just chalk it up to a loss and go back to marvel optics, they are cheap and fast!!"

modified review This review was modified by LisaRich on November 07 2014 01:15:16 PM

"I recently ordered from EYEBUYDIRECT.COM. I was very wary of ordering glasses online, however, having previously worked in the optical business, I realized there is not much room for error, RX wise, due to state laws. I am also aware of the tremendous mark-up of the product. TREMENDOUS. So, even for the price the charge, they are still making good money. The only question would be the quality of the work for the cost of the eye wear. You get what you pay for, right? Well, stunned, just stunned at the quality. NOT ONE SCRATCH on the lenses, NOT ONE defect in the frame, and believe me, I looked hard. I am ordering a second pair today. The only down side is the time it takes to get them. About 2 1/2 weeks. Well worth the wait, though. "

modified review This review was modified by llllllllman on November 04 2014 06:26:01 AM

"Ordered glasses that they shipped to the wrong address when I called them they blamed me for the address mix up (as if I don't know my own address) they then told me they would have to charge me extra to re ship the glasses. 33 days later they still don't know where my glasses are and are even more adamant that this is all my fault....so I have asked them to cancel my order and refund my money and they let me know that that should take about 5 days to refund my credit card. ....do yourself a favor and steer clear of this company....When an order goes good its easy for a company to shine ..but a truly great company will shine when there are problems and eyebuy direct is not a good company "

modified review This review was modified by peter9481 on October 31 2014 07:30:02 PM

"Very upset with their customer service. After not receiving my glasses for 25 days I get a hold of them and it's on hold because there was a problem with the frames. They claim they emailed me which I never got. I have surgery on my eye in 6 days. I gave them a month to get me my glasses. The eye that I'm not having surgery on has very blurry vision but I see fine with both eyes working together so I needed these to be able to see for a few days when my good eye is covered. When I told them about this, they were unwilling to expedite and get me a new pair before my surgery despite their mistake. I guess that's why they are so cheap, you can't trust them."

modified review This review was modified by bigcdogg21 on October 28 2014 08:17:43 AM

"My first order went so well a few months later I ordered the second pair.
But with second pair I had to keep moving my head to get the images clear so I e-mailed eyebuydirect to get return authorization e mail, every since I keep sending them everyday a request to see if I ever get return authorization e mail.

modified review This review was modified by pejvak500 on October 16 2014 07:14:03 PM

"Eye glass measurements sited on their website are not correct. I ordered glasses with a stated width of 23 mm but they when they arrived they looked so big on my face, so I measured them and the width was actually 33 mm!! I emailed them and they would return if I paid shipping in both directions! They need to update and correct the eyeglass description/sizes on their website. I would not order from them again."

"I was so happy with the service and the way my prescription was filled. The glasses were absolutely perfect and they delivered them as they specified. I will definately use them again."

"I order two pairs of glasses from EyeBuyDirect and must say I am completely satisfied with my order. The process was simple and the emails sent on a regular basis reassured me I had made a good decision. I received them within 2 weeks of ordering just in time for a trip I had planned. The fit is good on both and the prescription seems to be spot on. The sunglasses are wraparound type with the lenses behind. I had a pair like this years ago and missed them. It was nice to be able to afford them again. Sure, these aren't going to survive a nuke blast but for less than $90 I have two adequate quality pairs and will most definitely order from them again for my family."

modified review This review was modified by Wyldkrd on June 20 2013 12:49:03 PM

"flawless service. Updated me on each time they finished with 0ne stage of making the glasses. When they were finished they sent me an email saying the glasses had been shipped and would arrive in 3 days. 3 day later my new glasses are in the mailbox i open the box and the frames were in perfect condition i could not be more satisfied with my purchase and with EyeBuyDirect. The whole process only took 11 days"

modified review This review was modified by maxsmith67 on June 14 2013 01:04:22 PM

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!