Stores > EyeBuyDirect.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.39/10 6.39/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"I have been a loyal customer of EYEBUYDIRECT for a couple of years now. I have had a prescription change and went straight to them to order new frames. Got a great pair, but I noticed on the lenses that the prescription numbers were etched into the lenses and not buffed out creating a blur in my vision where the numbers are. I contacted customer service who immediately stated that this is normal process for glasses and there was nothing they could do about it. I immediately went to the frames I purchased and wrote a review stating that the etchings on the lenses were not removed, the conversation I had with customer service and they stated, in an email later, that they would replace them for free. I quickly took advantage of this offer and two weeks later I received the new glasses, only to find the prescription numbers etched in the lenses. NOW when I try to contact customer service, they blew me off each time telling me this is normal for all glasses and when I go BACK to try to write a negative review, it NEVER posted and no one has ever contacted me for the fix. They have lost my business and I'm making sure everyone knows of the decrease in quality and customer service this company has become."

This review was modified by Jdtigg on November 24 2015 07:32:22 AM

"The best experience, sure you take a risk buying online. I have been using them since 2013. Never had and issue and they are very inexpensive. If you want to save more use this code IF8LNKVTAC"

"Their glasses/frames reviews seem fake. I've tried to leave a mediocre review a couple of times for a frame - each time confirming my email address but reviews don't show up. This type of practice is intended to mislead consumers and should be regulated by whatever consumer protection agency.
I've gotten maybe 3-4 pairs of glasses from them - all left something to be desired and the selection has always been minimal - often times with nothing available in my particular size preferences for semi-rimless glasses.

"I was in desperate need of some lower priced glasses so I placed my order at this website. But then USPS messed up and my package never came even though my tracking number said it had been delivered. When I emailed eyebuydirect, they said they were going to give me a new pair completely free of charge and shipped expedited! I couldn't be more thankful! I will definitely be doing business again!"

"I want to share my review of buying glasses online. I had gotten a super nice pair of glasses 4 yrs. ago that were rimless and thick as pop bottles! Then had cataract surgery, then they were too strong -being useless. To get my current scripted lenses w/my current frames is $380! I don't think so! That would mean having over $700 invested in a pair of glasses, nope. I can do much better.
So I done a ton of research of buying online and I went with Eye Buy Direct. It was so easy to order. Make an acct, upload a good facial shot, enter your script as it is written, the crazy letters are exactly the same as it is online so you don't have to figure what they mean. You have the option of "Try On" any set to see if it would fit your face and what they look like on you. I have just received mine and they are perfect! $70 for most premium frames, then the lens, I got all the bells and whistles. Free Form, Photochromic, anti glare, anti scratch, water resistant. = $132 w/a $40 coupon
(there are tons of coupons for this company, google it first before using the site's lower coupons)
I know many insurance policies doesn't cover vision, so I wanted to share that it was simple to do, saves A Lot of $$$, and the product is Great! (it proves that most places are a rip off) Company is located in Austin, TX, It took the entire 12 business days as advertised to arrive. Customer Service is excellent.

"This is the second time I have ordered from EyeBuyDirect and I'm SO impressed. They had my glasses shipped to me way before I was even expecting them, which was the most pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, once I got home and opened the package, I discovered that the prescription was wrong-- something that ended up being entirely my fault. All I had to do was hop online and go to their 24 hour chat service and the problem was fixed in literal minutes. I'm so happy and so impressed with their service-- plus, the glasses themselves were incredibly affordable. I'll be shopping here for a long time."

This review was modified by ivyasmith on August 24 2015 10:46:50 PM

"They just keep getting better and better. I remember when I first ordered from them back in 2014, it took them 2 weeks to ship out my eye glasses but now less than a week. If you're wondering about the conditions between 2 weeks and one week preparing, no difference, it might even better better considering the package itself is better. Their customer service is phenomenal. They are fast with their response. They promise 14-day guarantee, free replacement and return which is amazing. And they do keep their promise. I would recommend this to everyone, even if I have to see everyone with the same eyeglasses. So be it. I want their company to last forever. "

"I had my eye exam done and the office had insane prices for my new frames and lenses. I Google cheap prescription glasses and eyebuydirect.com popped up. Easy website, amazing cheap prices! I put in my prescription hoping they would come out okay (I have an insane prescription). I received my new glasses today and I love them!!!! They fit perfectly and my prescription is correct. They email you the entire time and gave me order updates. Thank you eyebuydirect!"

This review was modified by ambrady2713 on August 03 2015 06:33:55 PM

"Cheap is cheap. The lenses are fine, but the frames don't fit. Wore them until they bored holes in the skin above my ears. Now they are in the drawer and I'm back in my old glasses. Lesson learned."

This review was modified by Joso on July 04 2015 07:52:54 PM

"TERRIBLE COMPANY. Their site says they have a 4+ rating. HA! Other sites say otherwise, as do I.

I ordered distance and computer glasses. Got two pairs of distance glasses. Decided to keep the extra pair for a spare and tried to re-order the computer glasses. Sorry, those frames are no longer available... it will cost you more. No, I argued, it won't. Went round and round before they agreed.

The level of incompetence is stunning.

Then they said I could "keep or throw away" the unwanted glasses and they would send me a 'free' pair of computer glasses. They're not "free"... I paid for them and didn't get them!

This review was modified by Seattleeyeglasswearer on June 26 2015 12:13:40 PM

"I got a new prescription so I decided to test it buying their cheapest reader and sunglass after coupons and shipping was $31 each. I didn't expect much quality, but I did expect them to at least get the lense order right. Taking these glasses to 2 different local Optometrists using two different lensometers verified that both glasses were off by Axis +7, worse yet the Add+200 readers were in fact Add+100, a significant difference for someone who really needs +200. It's clear to me from this first encounter with this maker that they neglect to double check the validity of their lense work before it goes out the door - a low skill effort that takes 30 seconds to do."

This review was modified by Pack Eteers on June 04 2015 12:13:41 PM

"I have a difficult prescription, so I was skeptical that I would be able to order from an online service. I placed my order on 4/28, and I knew the processing time would take a little longer than most because of my prescription. So in the meantime, I went to a local eye shop because I had a $150 off coupon and I could get them in 3 days. My glasses have always cost me anywhere from $300-$400, so even after the $150 off, I still paid $180 from my local shop. From EyeBuyDirect, I paid around $160 for 3 pairs, so I was thinking there's no way these are going to work. I received my order on 5/13 and let me tell you..... they're better than the ones from my local eye shop! I was so shocked that they were able to get my prescription spot on and I'm able to see better with the ones I purchased from EyeBuyDirect, than the expensive ones from my local shop. I am beyond excited that this worked! I'm now planning to order sunglasses and a couple more "fun" pairs. Depending on your prescription, EyeBuyDirect may take a little longer, but it's well worth the wait! "

This review was modified by tiger90 on May 19 2015 07:28:40 AM

"Frame was lopsided. A screw top was missing. The lenses were so thick it was a joke - I've paid less at another company for a much lower index and the lenses were thinner than these ones I paid more for a higher index - eyebuydirect says their supplier must use thicker lenses (I doubt that and if so it's a rip off to charge more then). Worst of all - the prescription was totally off - I couldn't even see out of them, it was like they'd filled the prescription in just two spots so if I twisted my head I could see clearly out of one tiny part of each of the lenses - and the spot that appeared to have prescription was in a different position in each of the lenses! An absolute joke. I've now read many reviews saying the same thing - how are these people in business? Then you have to return them because they made a mistake with prescription AND the frames are faulty, but they wanted me to pay return shipping overseas and a restocking fee! BEWARE! Never buying through eyebuydirect again and will actively warn others away."

This review was modified by a1maddy on May 16 2015 09:38:40 PM

"I was hesitant to buy these because of some of the bad reviews but my experience was great. For about $20 I got a nice pair of glasses. I have insurance but at the eye dr the free glasses end up being $100 or more. This was easy and fast. I would do it again."

"The key to buying glasses that fit your face is the size--look on the arm of your current glasses; those numbers have a meaning. EyeBuyDirect.com has a decent selection of frames and was easy to navigate, easy to see find details, dirt cheap prices, and quick service. I ordered single-vision lenses for computer distance (with a back-up pair I can keep at the office), paid $25 total with coupons (not kidding), they came in about 6 days and are cute as heck. I'm a little afraid to try for a pair of progressives, but at these prices I just might,"

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!