Stores > EyeBuyDirect.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review EyeBuyDirect.com by clicking a star below.
2017-06-17

Not recommended

"I recently purchased a pair of sunglasses but returned for a replacement due to a defect. I received the replacement and it had the exactly same problem. I believe they may have resent me the exactly same pair of sunglasses that I returned because it took so long to receive the replacement and they kept confirming if I have returned the original pair of sunglasses.

Not recommended. There are other companies with better services and quality for same or cheaper prices.

2017-06-13

I don't buy glasses anywhere else

"I've been buying glasses from Eyebuy direct for almost 10 years. I am extremely hard on my glasses. The glasses purchased from EBD have stood the test of time, the prescription is always correct and can honestly say I have been happy with all the items received. My grown children now buy from them.

I can't understand the bad reviews. Our family has had at least 10 orders over the last 10 years...no issues.

2017-04-29

Order never shipped Eyebuy lied about it

"Order never arrived so got a lame excuse and new tracking number and three business days later still not shipped according to USPS. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD NUMBER. "

2017-03-22

would never visit again

"I would never visit again"

2017-03-12

They redid the bad glasses twice

"I ordered rimless glasses from this place a couple of years ago and got a great product. Recently I order the same thing and got coke bottle glasses. When I complained, I got someone who said they would fix it, and received the exact same coke bottle glasses, which I then returned. This is not the same great deal it used to be. Just say no to eyebuydirect.com"

2017-03-07

Horrible customer service.

"Horrible customer service. The prices are cheap but as always there's a price you pay with your time for buying from these kind of companies. Ordered my glasses and after 9 days I realized the order is on hold. The reason was their "LAB" thought the difference between my right and left PD was not normal (it's only 3mm)! and they decided to put my order on hold without notifying me!
long story short after 10 days they haven't even started my order yet and god knows how long it will take for the glasses to be here.

2017-02-24

Buyer beware. Turn back and run NOW.

"I ordered a pair of glasses in November that were not what I expected so I tried to exchange then within the 14 day window that was given. They said that they were out of stock so I had to wait. I waited until JANUARY to send them back when I finally got an email saying they were back in stock. I sent them back immediately and it has now been over 1 month with no contact from the company and I never got the glasses. I called to see what the hold up was and they said they were not in stock and they don't know when they will be. I asked for a refund and instead, they tried to sell me on more glasses. Seriously? NO. I asked for the refund and they tried to give me HALF of what I paid saying because of the promotion they couldn't give me the full amount. ummmmm I paid for those glasses and I should get what I paid back. It has been almost half a year waiting. GIVE ME MY MONEY. WORST COMPANY. AVOID THIS PLACE."

2017-02-22

Complex Prescription? Avoid EyeBuyDirect!

"I have prism in my prescription. Eyebuydirect technicians are unable to read prism prescriptions correctly to prepare the lenses, and go my order backwards***. Customer service was unwilling to accept that their technician got it wrong, but agreed to refund the glasses rather than redo...

***How do I know that the technician got it backwards? Because 3 other other on-line glasses stores got the same prescription right!

2017-02-14

IT WILL BREAK

"Ordered a pair of glasses from them. I was really happy with it until the frames broke. Figured I must of pulled them a little too hard while I was holding my glasses. I bought another pair. After two weeks, these frames broke too. I didn't step on them or sit on them or anything like that. They just snapped while I was cleaning my lens. They are attached via super glue. I contacted customer service. They did nothing. Terrible product, terrible company. "

2017-02-03

Terrible Customer Service

"Website says they ship in 2 weeks or less. Over two weeks pass and I still hadn't received my glasses. I checked the website which said my glasses were still receiving "quality checks" as they had been for over a week. I contacted customer service who said they would ship them that day and then email me with the tracking information/number. They never emailed me so I checked the website a day or so later, still doing quality checks. I emailed customer service again who had no idea what was going on or where my order was. They didn't even realize when the glasses actually had shipped. One pair was so abnormally tight that I was in pain. The other pair had a loose lens and incorrect prescriptions, if any prescription lenses at all. When I contacted them telling them I had received my order, but had a loose lens they asked me what my reason was for returning. I had never even said anything about returning and replied that I just wanted to send in my glasses to be fixed. They wouldn't take them back and just sent me two new pairs. This order went exactly how the first should have. Customer service was flat and not helpful. This website reminds me of those clothing websites like Shein or Romwe where some people have great experiences, but then there are experiences that make you question whether the website is actually legitimate or even worth purchasing from. "

2017-01-14

Brilliant experience buying emergency glasses

"After my evil little puppy destroyed my prescription glasses less than 24-hours after purchasing, I didn't have the money to repurchase from the same store.
I shopped around online and after obtaining quotes from a number of sites, found that EyeBuyDirect was cheaper than the others.
Ordered on 12/31/16, received on 01/14/17. Great quality, well packaged and my prescription was perfect.
My original review: https://goo.gl/jKe9OS

2017-01-08

Cheap is expensive if it all BREAKS! I used 2 love this company but every single pair of glasses BROKE!

"I recently sent this to the company as I am so upset, mad & disappointed. I was a customer of theirs over several years. Now, keep in mind I only wore glasses on a limited *NOT every day basis! Recently that has changed however so I have begun to pull out my glasses.

A year ago or so one of the frames I put on literally just fell apart off of my face (no hard wear or tear or handle from me). So I wrote to the company. They offered a ONE TIME replacement at my cost of shipping so all in all I spent over $50 4 something that was ultimately going 2 break and b unusable as the different styled replacement frames BROKE AGAIN.

Since I have had 2 use glasses, I went thru the line of what I had ordered, and u guessed it... each of the cheap disposable plastic that the frames are made of broke! Most pairs have the arms break at the plastic that holds the screws in. However the first one just simply broke on the piece that held the lens in.

I used 2 recommend them all the time. I am going back 2 everyone that I would encourage 2 let them know...don't waste your money. I can't anymore with them. Below is a copy of the letter I sent today born from the exasperation, frustration & utter disappointment in this company and their subpar products.

I truly hope this helps u make informed decisions and prepares u as 2 what 2 expect should u chance buying from this company. What a waste of money and resources! I will update this if they bother responding.
---------------------------------------
Letter to Eyebuy
To all that it May Concern:

I have been a long time customer of EyeBuyDirect and I have to say I can no longer recommend your glasses. I used to tell everyone but since every single pair of the frames broke with limited wear, limited handling... a "cheap" pair of glasses with this company is EXPENSIVE.

I rarely used glasses in the past however this has changed. I recently pulled out a pair of glasses that I ordered last as a replacement for other frames that literally fell apart when putting them on my face (and no I'm on rough on things, this was normal handling).

I was told they'd offer a one time replacement and yet I still had to pay shipping and handling. Well, the SAME THING happened when I went to pull out the REPLACEMENT glasses to begin wearing them. this time when I was tightening the somewhat loose screw (NO I did NOT over strip it) the cheap plastic around the screw, holding the arm on just fell out! And this is the consistent problem with ALL the frames I have purchased. OH, I forgot to mention, these frames were finally pulled out because my OTHER pair ordered at my cost as a replacement "DANNY" which I loved the look of BROKE in the same place, again just while I was wearing them!

I understand cheaper materials at a cheaper cost. BUT the grade of plastic that you're using is akin to the one use plastic of sauces takeout cups in the restaurant industry...meant to break quickly.

I notice too there isn't an ability to rate lenses... perhaps this is because you count on one time customers and cater to this planned obsolescence?

As someone concerned with waste both monetarily and the environment, I have no choice but to boycott your company and rescind all recommendations I have formerly made. I have wasted so much money with you and so much resources are wasted in producing an inferior product. I sincerely hope you change or get out of this type of business.

I hope my experiences help you to change for the better.

Sincerely,
(self)
Former loyal customer

2016-12-14

EyeBuyDirect.com - I'm in love with this company!

"Wow! This is my new favorite company. Here's why:
Price - cannot beat
Quality - I was skeptical when I first ordered. For the price - I was prepared to get some very flimsy glasses (I had ordered from Warby Parker for MUCH more and the quality was so bad I sent them back in disgust and will never buy from them again). I was so surprised by the quality, I couldn't believe it. And lovely packaging. Weird I know, but I notice stuff like that.
Customer Service - my first pair arrived and I loved them. However, I have an unusually small face and they were just taking up too much real estate. I got on chat with a CSR who spent about half an hour with me, helping me figure out what size would look better on me. She then followed up with an email of about 6 different frames that would work better (all within the same price range of my original order). I was able to choose another frame from that set.
Return policy - so I fully expected that EBD would need to receive my return before starting on my new frames. This would be standard practice. However, they did not. Once I chose my new frames, they got started right away. Trusting that I would send the original order back. (of course, they had my cc on file, so they could just hit that if I wasn't honest, but still, this is a return policy that rocks!).
Shipping - I received both orders within 2 weeks of my order. My local frame shop can't even produce that result.
And finally - I love that the glasses I originally ordered that were too large for me, will go to someone in need. That's amazing and reason enough to come back and always buy my glasses through this company.
I have told everyone I know that wears glasses about EBD. I am a lifelong customer now!

2016-12-07

Good customer service but frames are cheap quality

"I ordered two pairs of prescription glasses, total for both was around $100. One frame was decent quality, the other looked cheap and after just a couple of months proved to be cheap. It spontaneously cracked one day. EBD has a good customer service team and they are very friendly and helpful. They offered to do a replacement but I don't feel like ordering from them anymore, so went to Costco instead for quality designer frames + prescription lenses that cost around $120 total. "

2016-11-22

8 Pairs from EBD ALL BROKEN

"Unbeknownst to me until recently my SO has purchased 8 pairs from EBD and they have all broken at the temple within months of receipt. After trying to work with them through 20 emails going back and forth and wanting photos of broken pieces I finally just gave up --- and they still wanted me credit card to process a return and offered some silly little credit and to top it off they can only fine one order and making me go back and dig around looking for all the orders number -- what a joke. "

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!