Product & services pricing Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

"Very upset with their customer service. After not receiving my glasses for 25 days I get a hold of them and it's on hold because there was a problem with the frames. They claim they emailed me which I never got. I have surgery on my eye in 6 days. I gave them a month to get me my glasses. The eye that I'm not having surgery on has very blurry vision but I see fine with both eyes working together so I needed these to be able to see for a few days when my good eye is covered. When I told them about this, they were unwilling to expedite and get me a new pair before my surgery despite their mistake. I guess that's why they are so cheap, you can't trust them."

modified review This review was modified by bigcdogg21 on October 28 2014 08:17:43 AM

"My first order went so well a few months later I ordered the second pair.
But with second pair I had to keep moving my head to get the images clear so I e-mailed eyebuydirect to get return authorization e mail, every since I keep sending them everyday a request to see if I ever get return authorization e mail.

modified review This review was modified by pejvak500 on October 16 2014 07:14:03 PM

"Eye glass measurements sited on their website are not correct. I ordered glasses with a stated width of 23 mm but they when they arrived they looked so big on my face, so I measured them and the width was actually 33 mm!! I emailed them and they would return if I paid shipping in both directions! They need to update and correct the eyeglass description/sizes on their website. I would not order from them again."

"I was so happy with the service and the way my prescription was filled. The glasses were absolutely perfect and they delivered them as they specified. I will definately use them again."

"I order two pairs of glasses from EyeBuyDirect and must say I am completely satisfied with my order. The process was simple and the emails sent on a regular basis reassured me I had made a good decision. I received them within 2 weeks of ordering just in time for a trip I had planned. The fit is good on both and the prescription seems to be spot on. The sunglasses are wraparound type with the lenses behind. I had a pair like this years ago and missed them. It was nice to be able to afford them again. Sure, these aren't going to survive a nuke blast but for less than $90 I have two adequate quality pairs and will most definitely order from them again for my family."

modified review This review was modified by Wyldkrd on June 20 2013 12:49:03 PM

"flawless service. Updated me on each time they finished with 0ne stage of making the glasses. When they were finished they sent me an email saying the glasses had been shipped and would arrive in 3 days. 3 day later my new glasses are in the mailbox i open the box and the frames were in perfect condition i could not be more satisfied with my purchase and with EyeBuyDirect. The whole process only took 11 days"

modified review This review was modified by maxsmith67 on June 14 2013 01:04:22 PM

"I, like some others, decided to check out the reviews after the fact. In any case, I am quite disappointed with the overall service and quality. I was actually looking forward to their 10-14 day door delivery service only to place the order April 22nd and receive them today (May 27th). Thats 25 business days!! 5 weeks to wait for glasses was quite a while. I called and 'live chatted' on several occasions and was never satisfied with the customer service. They said they would send me an email update, but never did. One person told me they would arrive on May 10th -that didnt happen. They have arrived and the frame on one of the pairs is slightly bent and they are lopsided on my face. I will have to take them somewhere to get fitted and the arms reformed. I am happy with the sunglasses, but overall the frames are pretty cheap - the cases on top of it are even cheaper. I am worried about storing the sunglasses in the case because 1-they dont really fit (you have to squish them in there) and 2. if the case dropped the plastic would shatter.

I told them about my disappointment on live chat and they said, if its not ok, send them back (with your prescription) and we will re-do them. Well - I dont particularly want to wait 4-6 weeks to return them and then another 4-6 to get them back (not quite worth it). I will just deal with it on my end!

Good Luck - some people had a great experience, but unfortunately mine wasnt. Purchase at your own risk!

modified review This review was modified by TKS2013 on May 27 2013 06:29:00 PM

"Do not use this company. If you have any kind of problem, their customer service is appalling. They do not listen and will add charges for whatever they can get away with. I am writing this and I don't even have the product I ordered yet - and the order was placed in April. I have had two calls with their customer service and both left me so irate. I will never use this company again. I used greateyeglasses.com and their product arrived in less than a week and the product was great. Do yourself a favor - avoid these idiots."

modified review This review was modified by Surreygirl on May 21 2013 11:09:26 AM

"Bad! Do not order form these people. My frames measured larger. They offered refund if I pay a restock of 10$ plus postage and sent me their 'proper' measuring guide-without side lugs-which lead to the frames being smaller than stated. I am taking my case to paypal. I have photo's including their screen shot of the size frames and their product diagram which icludes side lugs."

"I can't beleive I almost listened tothese reviews...I ordered presrictption sunglasses for 30$ and they came in the exact timeframe, and I was actually shocked that it happened, becuase of the reviews...They sent me an email tracking so I knew where they were, and it was seemingly 100% spot on. I also suggested this website to a co-worker prior to reading these reviews, so I needed it to work out, and it did. You guys may have had bad expeirences, but I got an amazing pair of wayfarer type sunglasses with amber lesnes with my -6.5 persription, for an unbeleivable deal. I got anti scratch, anti glare uv protection, with the polycarbointes and I couldn't be more happy."

modified review This review was modified by JoshH06 on May 02 2013 06:04:38 AM

"They had my incorrect address and blamed it on me. I corrected the address and I got an email with THE SAME incorrect address. I sent two emails and finally I had to call. They were not very helpful. At least they could have offered to cover the re-shipping fee.
It has been two months and I still have not seen my glasses.

modified review This review was modified by katannuto on April 29 2013 09:07:26 PM

" At first blush they seem a nice place to buy eyeglasses. They prices seem good and their 7 to 14 day turn-around seems a reasonable time to wait for a good deal. Ha! Not so fast! The 7 to 14 day time frame is what they say is their "average" time to have the glasses in your hands. I ordered on 3/31/13 my glasses didn't ship until 4/22/13! That's 16 working days to even get them in the mail. Snail mail I might add. So who can say when or indeed if they will arrive at all. The web site has an update section for your order. My order was in fitting and quality check for 3 days. That seems a bit excessive. I think next time I will weigh the options of getting them done in a day and spending the extra $100 or so and waiting for a month to get new glasses.

UPDATE: My glasses finally arrived on 4/24/13, a full 18 working days after my order date. Only 4 days late. I guess that’s not too bad. HOWEVER: I guess after two days in “quality check”, which is what the web site status was of my order, the glasses arrived loose on one side. Now this is not just a loose screw but a loose locking nut and nut. Maybe they should have left them in “quality check” another day? Well “you pay your money and you takes your chances” the old man used to say, I guess he knew about eyebuydirect.

modified review This review was modified by maddmarc on April 25 2013 02:45:44 PM

"I purchased a pair of eye glasses from here on Thursday, March 28th and received them in my mailbox on Saturday, April 6th. Extremely fast shipping. I bought the "malmo" pair for around $30 and got 25% color grey tint and upgraded the lenses to polycarbonate for my astigmatism. The overall glasses are amazing. For the price I will buy from them all the time. 10/10 for look, 8/10 for material. I give this a total of 9/10 but that's very good considering my high standards on everything. "

"On March 19th 2013 I ordered glasses from EyebuyDirect. I have a fairly simple prescription with a slight astigmatism. After I ordered the glasses I looked up reviews from this sight (I know that was done in the reverse order...oops) and became kind of nervous. I told my wife that worst case scenario is I throw away the glasses when they get in and the $30 they cost me.

I got my glasses today which is April 1st. Just under 2 weeks. I have to say the lenses are very nice. They actually seem more crisp than my $400 lensecrafters pair that I use every day. The frames are stylish, but you can tell that they are definitely a lower quality than my more expensive pair. They look like they will likely break pretty easy. However, for $30 I could buy 13 pairs and be at the same price as my lensecrafters pair. Crazy!

Anyway, I wanted to add to the reviews because my experience with this company was very good. I suppose others have had bad experiences, but I will definitely buy from this sight (no pun intended...haha) again.

"I am very pleased with my purchase! After reading the reviews out here, wasn't sure what to expect. I ordered 3 simple and very cheap sets of glasses as a test. I received 3 pairs of prescription glasses, today (right on time) and the view is incredible. I just placed another order. Thank you Eyebuy Direct for excellent service!"

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!