• EyeBuyDirect.co

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.19/10 5.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.78/10 4.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.42/10 4.42/10

2015-07-04

"Cheap is cheap. The lenses are fine, but the frames don't fit. Wore them until they bored holes in the skin above my ears. Now they are in the drawer and I'm back in my old glasses. Lesson learned."

This review was modified by Joso on July 04 2015 07:52:54 PM

2015-06-26

"TERRIBLE COMPANY. Their site says they have a 4+ rating. HA! Other sites say otherwise, as do I.

I ordered distance and computer glasses. Got two pairs of distance glasses. Decided to keep the extra pair for a spare and tried to re-order the computer glasses. Sorry, those frames are no longer available... it will cost you more. No, I argued, it won't. Went round and round before they agreed.

AND THEN THEY SENT ME A 3RD PAIR OF DISTANCE GLASSES.

The level of incompetence is stunning.

Then they said I could "keep or throw away" the unwanted glasses and they would send me a 'free' pair of computer glasses. They're not "free"... I paid for them and didn't get them!"

This review was modified by Seattleeyeglasswearer on June 26 2015 12:13:40 PM

2015-06-04

"I got a new prescription so I decided to test it buying their cheapest reader and sunglass after coupons and shipping was $31 each. I didn't expect much quality, but I did expect them to at least get the lense order right. Taking these glasses to 2 different local Optometrists using two different lensometers verified that both glasses were off by Axis +7, worse yet the Add+200 readers were in fact Add+100, a significant difference for someone who really needs +200. It's clear to me from this first encounter with this maker that they neglect to double check the validity of their lense work before it goes out the door - a low skill effort that takes 30 seconds to do."

This review was modified by Pack Eteers on June 04 2015 12:13:41 PM

2015-05-19

"I have a difficult prescription, so I was skeptical that I would be able to order from an online service. I placed my order on 4/28, and I knew the processing time would take a little longer than most because of my prescription. So in the meantime, I went to a local eye shop because I had a $150 off coupon and I could get them in 3 days. My glasses have always cost me anywhere from $300-$400, so even after the $150 off, I still paid $180 from my local shop. From EyeBuyDirect, I paid around $160 for 3 pairs, so I was thinking there's no way these are going to work. I received my order on 5/13 and let me tell you..... they're better than the ones from my local eye shop! I was so shocked that they were able to get my prescription spot on and I'm able to see better with the ones I purchased from EyeBuyDirect, than the expensive ones from my local shop. I am beyond excited that this worked! I'm now planning to order sunglasses and a couple more "fun" pairs. Depending on your prescription, EyeBuyDirect may take a little longer, but it's well worth the wait! "

This review was modified by tiger90 on May 19 2015 07:28:40 AM

2015-05-16

"Frame was lopsided. A screw top was missing. The lenses were so thick it was a joke - I've paid less at another company for a much lower index and the lenses were thinner than these ones I paid more for a higher index - eyebuydirect says their supplier must use thicker lenses (I doubt that and if so it's a rip off to charge more then). Worst of all - the prescription was totally off - I couldn't even see out of them, it was like they'd filled the prescription in just two spots so if I twisted my head I could see clearly out of one tiny part of each of the lenses - and the spot that appeared to have prescription was in a different position in each of the lenses! An absolute joke. I've now read many reviews saying the same thing - how are these people in business? Then you have to return them because they made a mistake with prescription AND the frames are faulty, but they wanted me to pay return shipping overseas and a restocking fee! BEWARE! Never buying through eyebuydirect again and will actively warn others away."

This review was modified by a1maddy on May 16 2015 09:38:40 PM

2015-05-16

"I was hesitant to buy these because of some of the bad reviews but my experience was great. For about $20 I got a nice pair of glasses. I have insurance but at the eye dr the free glasses end up being $100 or more. This was easy and fast. I would do it again."

2015-05-13

"The key to buying glasses that fit your face is the size--look on the arm of your current glasses; those numbers have a meaning. EyeBuyDirect.com has a decent selection of frames and was easy to navigate, easy to see find details, dirt cheap prices, and quick service. I ordered single-vision lenses for computer distance (with a back-up pair I can keep at the office), paid $25 total with coupons (not kidding), they came in about 6 days and are cute as heck. I'm a little afraid to try for a pair of progressives, but at these prices I just might,"

2015-04-29

"I am so very impressed with the quality and value eyebuydirect.com provided. I had to get them slightly adjusted because I have a small face, but besides that, everything is great. even the lady that adjusted them at a eye drs office was impressed! you guys have won a new customer for life."

2015-04-28

"Prices seem great, the frames are decent quality but the lenses are terrible. 3 pairs all of which are no where near the measurements listed on the site so my lenses are literally half the size of my face and make me dizzy ........so after restocking fees and the self funded postage for the return I paid about 30 bucks to figure out this was a bad idea. "

2015-04-21

"I have used eyebuy direct a few times in the past and was very pleased, but this time around not so good. The first pair arrived and were way off, called, customer service was great, sent them back, the second pair arrived still off. I'm sorry to say I am very disappointed in eyebuy direct this time around. "

This review was modified by mxf954 on April 21 2015 07:38:59 AM

2015-04-18

"Wow! I am so surprised and impressed. I got a replacement pair of glasses in the mail without asking! I contacted them last month and said that my Rx was wrong in my new glasses. (Honestly, it was my fault.) They said the frame was out of stock but I could order a new pair. I decided to wait because I love my frames so much. I never contacted them back. Today, in the mail, I received a surprise corrected pair. So Impressed! They try hard to please."

This review was modified by mmmelaney on April 18 2015 04:38:41 PM

2015-04-05

"I have ordered glasses from other online companies before and never had a problem. I decided to try this one because of an article I read and the fact that they offered a lens that I was looking for called Freeform-Progressives. I placed my order and waited for my glasses. The site stated you would receive the glasses in a set amount of time. On the last day I still had not received them.When I checked the website it said it was delivered. Being that I had not received them I called the company.I was told "It says they were delivered". OBVIOUSLY I COULD READ AND KNEW THAT SO, I decided to call the post office. Long story short, the post office delivered to the wrong house. So I called the company back and told them what the post office told me. The response from there is what became the nightmare...I was told they would remake them and send them out except for the fact that one pair is no longer available so they can't make those. They tried to tell me to pick another but there were only a few, maybe 5 to choose from in that price range at that point because they seemed to have run out of many of the frames I originally saw. They kept telling me I had to pick from those (Even though they had raised my limit to I think $5 from what I originally paid). I explained that none of those would be good because I needed LIGHTWEIGHT glasses and none of the ones they wanted me to pick where lightweight. The women said originally "they are all lightweight" but, that was not the case. You can even put the option into their search and none of those came up as lightweight. 3 days and 3 people and a supervisor later they refunded the money for that pair of glasses. (I didn't blame them for not being able to give me what I had but DON'T LIE )They told me they would RUSH the other glasses because it has now been over 3 weeks since I placed my order. But when I asked how soon to expect them I was told only one day less than the original time allotted. Then I couldn't believe what came next. I was told "this was your fault for not choosing UPS to start with" and they were "doing me a favor" by overnighting it to save me that ONE DAY and "send it through UPS at no extra cost to me this time!" To keep this from being a book I will just say that they never got here in the next 3-5 dates promised and they reason turned out to be that THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE LENSES THEY WERE SELLING! Now I wonder what was in the first pair they sent that were lost? Aparently they were waiting for the lenses according to the supervisor. After arguing a LOT they kept refunding more money each time they missed a date. I finally said If I don't have them by the final date I want a FULL REFUND! They had my money for 2 months by this point. They agreed and I did wind up getting them at no cost because they did not meet that date either.I received them about 5 days past the final date promised. I am having a problem with them and honestly I don't know if its the prescription or me not being used to them. I need to have them checked to see if they were made with the right prescription.But I could never recommend this company.There are others that are just as inexpensive if not even less, and have much better customer service.Oh one really important note : At one point, one customer service person actually said "We don't know if you really got the first glasses we sent or not!" Excuse me? Did I just hear her correctly? Who the hell would go through all this for a couple of inexpensive glasses? We are talking about a total order of about $150. I was very angry. I felt she was calling me a liar and thief.That alone would never have me do buisness with them again and I would fire anyone who worked for me that said something like that to a customer!"

This review was modified by Itsme62 on April 05 2015 03:25:14 PM

2015-03-25

"My glasses came and the prescription was wrong (my fault) but when I returned I had to jump through hoops to get it sorted out. Emailed customer service, talked to them via chat, then had to return ship glasses to another facility, wait for PayPal request for payment to ship new glasses, pay through PayPal, then tell customer service that I had paid for shipping and sent glasses back, then email proof of that before they would start on my new prescription. Customer service was short, curt, and didn't want to help me understand policy or try to resolve my negative feelings about the eyebuydirect experience. Feeling like a very unhappy customer! Still don't have my glasses!"

2015-03-23

"I honestly think EyeBuyDirect.com doesn't get as much credit as they should. I found it by simply Googling affordable prescription sunglasses and I am unbelievably happy that I found it! Not only were they 175$ cheaper than what I was going to pay for at my Optometrist office, but they're honestly great quality. The customer service was fantastic, they emailed me every step of the way and I got it in a week, as they promised. Great packaging, and very nice glasses as I saw on the website. All the negative reviews are over the most petty things in the world. They're simply ignorant, and bratty customers. They deserve every single star I am giving them, which by the way.. it's five! I cannot wait to buy more stuff from them. "

This review was modified by nathalyacosta14 on March 23 2015 11:36:33 PM

2015-03-21

"I ordered two pair of glasses on Tuesday March 10,2015 and the order arrived on Sat March 21,2015. It was earlier than my expectation. I ordered "Jane" as my main glasses and It was perfect for my small face, the lenses I chose were 1.59 index and transition lenses and I cost me $160.00 (transition lenses are expensive). The other pair is "Drum", I just paid for high index lenses and It cost me $25.00 for that one. I got a bright red color. It was too bright for me but it's ok. This website save me from spending $300 for a pair of glasses.
I was thinking to buy the computer glasses since I will be working a lot in front of the computer.

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!