Stores > EyeBuyDirect.com

Customer service: Rating 5.56/10 5.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2016-04-25

Awful service

"I had a similar experience to many users. Still no glasses after almost 2 months. I placed an order and then called immediately to see if a new user discount code could be applied to my order. The customer service rep somehow re-did the entire order and I dont know if she left out the space number or if that was my fault but either way they arrived 3 weeks later at my local post office and were returned as "undeliverable as addressed" I called Eyebuydirect and was assured that the moment they arrived back at their facility they would express deliver them back to me with the correct address. I watched the tracking number as the glasses slowly made their way all the way back to Austin TX, then the glasses sat at the Austin post office for A WEEK! I called Eyebuy again. They said there was nothing they could do about it and again offered me expedited shipping. A few days later I see that the glasses have FINALLY been delivered back to their location. As of this writing, my glasses have been back at the eyebuydirect facility for another entire week and no one has bothered to ship them out. Called again today and was again assured that when they did finally get around to shipping them out if would be expedited UPS. I asked the rep to please tell me they will be shipped out today. She put me on hold for 2 minutes, came back dancing around my request, basically offering the same thing, that WHEN they ship them, be that today or another three weeks from today, they will definitley expedite the shipping. They didn't do anything to speed up the process and seemed very unconcerned. I guess they are used to unhappy people calling in about the crap service and the protocol is just to ignore them and get them off the phone with empty promises. I will NEVER order with this company again. "

This review was modified by bricook on April 25 2016 02:21:47 PM

2016-04-13

They are getting better every day

"There is no comparison between my first pair purchased a few years ago and the pair I ordered in August 2015. The product and delivery have visibly improved. I recently had an accident involving one of my lenses and knowing that it was completely my fault, and their return policy is 14 days, I contacted them anyway to see if I had any options for getting a new lense or fixing this one. Their customer support went overboard to help me with a very satisfying resolution. I received my new glasses in about a week and I was moved to find a place to write a review about their service. I would highly recommend them. You must recognize that if you buy the $8 frames, you are probably going to get what you pay for, but in my case I increased the budget and found a tremendous look, feel, and quality product that I am very proud to wear for $130 all in. "

This review was modified by pentiumii1 on April 13 2016 11:19:47 AM

2016-04-10

Prescription readers are unsuable

"I've had the same prescription for 3 years now and have had glasses made buy a local company and another online store. The ones I got from eyebuydirect.com are so blurry as to be unusable. Drug store cheaters work better!

Do not buy from eyebuydirect. You'll be wasting your money as I did mine.

2016-03-22

These reviews are cracking me up

"People saying the good reviews are fake is funny to me. Maybe some people have had bad experiences with them just like any company. They make them so it takes 3-5 weeks to receive. I always buy a couple pair with how inexpensive these glasses are so if one breaks I have a back up. Use common sense. The four pair I've received were perfect and spent under 175$ for all combined. They've come in great cases, wiping cloths, and screw drivers for the nose peice and frame itself. Don't know what more you could ask for and I will be a loyal customer forever."

This review was modified by Jbin17 on March 24 2016 07:20:43 AM

2016-03-13

I can SEE!

"I found these guys online and looked up their site. I am very happy with my order and you can't beat the price. I am definitely going to order another pair soon. the frames are steady and not cheap looking at all. they do contract you as they are about to cut, size and frame and also the delivery time as well. simply create an account and go from there and they also have coupon deals on first and second order. Plus there lab is in Texas which is EVEN better!"

This review was modified by ntdatagan on March 13 2016 03:38:52 PM

2016-03-09

Finally found my perfect frames!!

"They were advertising a buy one get one pair free on their website and I'm so glad I was able to use it! I just got my glasses and I'm stunned by the quality especially for the price that I paid! I'm so thankful to have come across this website (referred to by Pinterest). Anyway, I've been going to so many eye care centers and I could never find cute pair of unique inexpensive glasses and Eyebuydirect had a huge variety!! I loved the "try-one" image thing, I wasn't sure if it was going to be accurate but it pretty was.

I actually went with the company because of that image "try-on" thing. I almost went with another company but I'm GLAD I didn't. I got two BEAUTIFUL, well crafted, sturdy, gorgeous glasses. By the way, the lenses are amazing! Just superb quality. I'm so so so happy. I have been looking for glasses that suit me for two years. So judge me for my excitement! I don't care.

Lastly, the packing was super cute. I got a little sleeve for one of my glasses and a little box for my RFlKt frames, and tools for both! I'm buying way more frames from eyebuydirect! I can actually afford them and they've got young, relevant styles that I enjoy.

Their standard shipping takes 2 weeks but I didn't mind! Time flew by for me, so it wasn't that bad. But I looked out for the package like a hawk toward the last few days!!!

This review was modified by Summers123 on March 09 2016 04:59:00 PM

2016-03-05

I SPY A GOOD EYEBUY!

"This is 2nd time I've gotten glasses thru them. Am extremely happy with what I chose. Sometimes It's hard to really tell about a frame online but these were just like pictured. Have never had a problem with anything at all right down to having to return for a refund. They took care of any problems immediately. Highly recommend them despite the bad reviews some people have left. On the site it does say 10-14 days for order. I have usually gotten them within 10-12 days. Ordered 2 sets of prescription for $57 on 2-21-16 and received today 3-5-16. Awesome prices compared to people like America's Best. Bought a pair there for $158 and they made me so sick I passed out. Took a while to figure it out and they would only give me readers then since it's been so long. Can't even wear them. Will be getting those thru Eyebuy also. Make sure you have current RX not an old one, then it's you're fault not theirs"

This review was modified by stringbby on March 05 2016 02:10:58 PM

2016-02-27

Where are my glasses. ?????

"Ordered two pairs of glasses 2/4. Three phone calls later with promises to expedite with no results, did give 10% discount. But I want glasses. . 23 !!!!!! days and counting. 23 days. Do not recommend if you actually need the glasses as I do after losing a pair.
Update. Glasses arrived. 3/3. 28 days later. They work for me, progressives with upgrades of thinner lenses etc. Good value, however would not order again.

This review was modified by Argh99 on March 09 2016 09:36:20 AM

2015-12-07

"I have had bad experience with @EyeBuyDirect twice. I purchased a pair of glasses [Arlo (TT0669)] from EyeBuyDirect in March this year. It broke the first day I wore them. While I was exciting about my first online purchase from EyeBuyDirect, one of the lens fell off and the screw holding the titan frame jumped away in the air. I had to drive back home using one hand to hold the broken glasses (this was actually very dangerous, I should have brought the old pair to work). The agreed to give me a free replacement and the replacement glasses last until 12/2/2015 (~8 months). I'm sure some of the glasses from this company are good, but from my own experience (twice) it's not that good. I've had my glasses from other places before and they last for years. This was my first time buying glasses online and it was so bad that I would not recommend anyone I know to buy glasses from @EyeBuyDirect unless you have more than enough time/money.

Here is the timeframe for what happened to me.
Ordered: 3/7/2015
Shipped: 3/18/2015
Glasses broke and contact customer service: 3/24/2015
Receive email back from customer service to get a free replacement: 3/26/2015 (EybBuyDirect: "An Eyecare Team member will contact you usually within 24 hours.")
Replacement glasses shipped out: 4/3/2015 (this is about 1 month post initial order 3/7/2015)
The replacement broke again (same problem). 12/2/2015 (last ~8months).

This review was modified by jxiangcn on December 08 2015 06:17:01 AM

2015-11-24

"I have been a loyal customer of EYEBUYDIRECT for a couple of years now. I have had a prescription change and went straight to them to order new frames. Got a great pair, but I noticed on the lenses that the prescription numbers were etched into the lenses and not buffed out creating a blur in my vision where the numbers are. I contacted customer service who immediately stated that this is normal process for glasses and there was nothing they could do about it. I immediately went to the frames I purchased and wrote a review stating that the etchings on the lenses were not removed, the conversation I had with customer service and they stated, in an email later, that they would replace them for free. I quickly took advantage of this offer and two weeks later I received the new glasses, only to find the prescription numbers etched in the lenses. NOW when I try to contact customer service, they blew me off each time telling me this is normal for all glasses and when I go BACK to try to write a negative review, it NEVER posted and no one has ever contacted me for the fix. They have lost my business and I'm making sure everyone knows of the decrease in quality and customer service this company has become."

This review was modified by Jdtigg on November 24 2015 07:32:22 AM

2015-11-18

"The best experience, sure you take a risk buying online. I have been using them since 2013. Never had and issue and they are very inexpensive. If you want to save more use this code IF8LNKVTAC"

2015-10-29

"Their glasses/frames reviews seem fake. I've tried to leave a mediocre review a couple of times for a frame - each time confirming my email address but reviews don't show up. This type of practice is intended to mislead consumers and should be regulated by whatever consumer protection agency.
I've gotten maybe 3-4 pairs of glasses from them - all left something to be desired and the selection has always been minimal - often times with nothing available in my particular size preferences for semi-rimless glasses.

2015-10-27

"I was in desperate need of some lower priced glasses so I placed my order at this website. But then USPS messed up and my package never came even though my tracking number said it had been delivered. When I emailed eyebuydirect, they said they were going to give me a new pair completely free of charge and shipped expedited! I couldn't be more thankful! I will definitely be doing business again!"

2015-10-14

"I want to share my review of buying glasses online. I had gotten a super nice pair of glasses 4 yrs. ago that were rimless and thick as pop bottles! Then had cataract surgery, then they were too strong -being useless. To get my current scripted lenses w/my current frames is $380! I don't think so! That would mean having over $700 invested in a pair of glasses, nope. I can do much better.
So I done a ton of research of buying online and I went with Eye Buy Direct. It was so easy to order. Make an acct, upload a good facial shot, enter your script as it is written, the crazy letters are exactly the same as it is online so you don't have to figure what they mean. You have the option of "Try On" any set to see if it would fit your face and what they look like on you. I have just received mine and they are perfect! $70 for most premium frames, then the lens, I got all the bells and whistles. Free Form, Photochromic, anti glare, anti scratch, water resistant. = $132 w/a $40 coupon
(there are tons of coupons for this company, google it first before using the site's lower coupons)
I know many insurance policies doesn't cover vision, so I wanted to share that it was simple to do, saves A Lot of $$$, and the product is Great! (it proves that most places are a rip off) Company is located in Austin, TX, It took the entire 12 business days as advertised to arrive. Customer Service is excellent.

2015-08-24

"This is the second time I have ordered from EyeBuyDirect and I'm SO impressed. They had my glasses shipped to me way before I was even expecting them, which was the most pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, once I got home and opened the package, I discovered that the prescription was wrong-- something that ended up being entirely my fault. All I had to do was hop online and go to their 24 hour chat service and the problem was fixed in literal minutes. I'm so happy and so impressed with their service-- plus, the glasses themselves were incredibly affordable. I'll be shopping here for a long time."

This review was modified by ivyasmith on August 24 2015 10:46:50 PM

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!