Stores > EyeBuyDirect.com

Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-11-22

8 Pairs from EBD ALL BROKEN

"Unbeknownst to me until recently my SO has purchased 8 pairs from EBD and they have all broken at the temple within months of receipt. After trying to work with them through 20 emails going back and forth and wanting photos of broken pieces I finally just gave up --- and they still wanted me credit card to process a return and offered some silly little credit and to top it off they can only fine one order and making me go back and dig around looking for all the orders number -- what a joke. "

This review was modified by mgammond on November 22 2016 02:25:49 PM

2016-11-10

Perfect glasses, great price

"I am a new customer, the site was very neat, check out was simple. My glasses were shipped and delivered on time! They came as pictured, cute case and fit great. I would recommend. "

2016-10-25

Now a loyal customer

"I honestly love EBD. I now own 6 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses from them (all with my own money) and I get compliments every time I wear them. I have had NO problems with them- returns were easy when I did not like how the glasses looked, they immediately made me new ones when my local post office lost my order, and I am currently exchanging a couple I bought during the BOGO. My prescription has been spot on every time, and I could not be happier with the quality, processing time, and customer service.

They do say "Free replacement, free shipping, no questions asked," but customer service does indeed ask for a reason why you want to send them back. It doesn't matter whether the reason is that you don't like the style or if they don't fit, but you do need to give a reason. I think they do this just for their own purposes to keep track of the problems people have with various frames.

If you want to try it, you can use my code IFYNEJPPS5 for $10 off, no strings attached. I was not paid or asked to write this review, I just feel strongly enough to recommend them to everyone.

2016-10-17

You Get What You Pay For...

"Ordered glasses August 23. Didn't receive until 9/3. Nearly 2 weeks later.

Frames broke right at the temple as I was putting them on October 8...I treated them gently and never dropped them. They lasted me all of 1 month and 5 days.

Contacted Eye Buy the next day and told them that they needed to fast track a replacement to me. No dice. They were just sent Saturday...even though they sold me garbage, they didn't even send my replacement for a week, and they sent it standard mail.

Eye Buy Direct makes garbage and they don't stand by their product. I've already gotten in my sample frame set from Warby Parker and the quality difference (and yes, granted, the price) is significantly better.

Avoid Eye Buy. Yeah, they're cheap. But in a month you'll be buying another, better pair anyway.

This review was modified by Gibson21 on October 17 2016 06:56:40 AM

2016-09-22

Now I See

" I just recently discovered that I don't see well at all. At 60+ years old, that's OK. So I set out to fix my sight with online glasses, since I was new to glasses and wasn't sure what I would like. My first order was 3 pair of cheap frames from EBD, 1 bifocal, 1 distance only, and 1 distance sunglasses. I was amazed at the difference in my ability to actually see. These cheap glasses were no joke.
My second order was for a pair of better quality polarized distance sunglasses, FANTASTIC. I also ordered a better quality pair of everyday bifocals. It didn't take long for me to realize they were too big for my face and caused headaches, though they were excellent quality frames .
Solving this problem couldn't have been easier. The customer service representative was so nice and helpful, offering an exchange for different frame or refund. I opted for a refund at this time, so they sent me a RMA label by email. So simple to just print label, and put glasses back in the box they came in, put new label over old and send them off. Two days later I was notified by email that I had been refunded the total amount back to my Paypal account.
The frames and lenses that I have gotten, have been top notch, and I will be ordering from them again soon. Returning was completely painless, and so so simple, (They donate all returned glasses to charity). My only complaint is that I have a small head and most of the frames at EBD are for normal sized people, (This is not in any way a fault of EBD). Overall a GREAT company to deal with.

This review was modified by Sim1B on September 22 2016 10:55:38 AM

2016-08-06

cant get any better

"My son has a very high prescription he lost his pair and broke back up pair .
We had an emergency . Ordered a pair at JCPenny not only were we charged extra for the high prescription they could not even promise the glasses before 3 weeks .
I tried eye bye direct and mentioned the urgency for the child
He had a perfect fitting pair in little over a week
Not to mention we paid 1/5 retail store price

This review was modified by Dipari on August 06 2016 07:29:33 PM

2016-07-16

Return Service

"I went back and forth sending emails with EyeBuyDirect.com many times for my glasses return. They told me I would receive a prepaid shipping label in 2 business days. 10 business days passed, there wasn't any further action. Nothing was resolved. Do not believe their return policy, it is a lie. Very disappointed about their customer service. Not recommended to anyone else. "

2016-07-01

3 pairs in 5 years

"Getting better, Delivery in 10 days, Excellent frame, quick response from customer service"

This review was modified by davidkar on July 01 2016 08:19:59 AM

2016-05-18

I'll never buy from a retailer again. EVER!

"The quality of these glasses are amazing. Once you know your measurements selecting frames is really easy. I get comments about my glasses and everyone usually asks where and how much? When I tell them the price, they want the web address.
Customer service is exemplary. I accidentally forgot to to add my apartment number so they were shipped back to EBD and they reshipped immediately at no charge.

Love these guys!

This review was modified by harrism1 on May 18 2016 10:21:08 AM

2016-05-16

Love their BOGO Deal

"Just received my two pair of glasses that I ordered on May 6 . I agree with the review below that the company has improved within the past 2-3 years. I remember the first time I ordered a pair of glasses with them and it took nearly a month to get them. This time it took only 10 days for 2 pair of glasses! I'm a true believer of you get what you paid for. You're not gonna find a better deal any where else for the price you're paying at EBD not to mention, you don't have to go through the trouble of waiting for your optometrist to send over the prescription etc. I haven't had any issue with the glasses I've received so far so I never had to deal with customer service. Perhaps that's where all the negative reviews are for? "

This review was modified by winni3pooh on May 16 2016 10:48:38 AM

2016-05-15

These glasses are junk. Do not buy.

I returned my first pair of glasses for a replacement because my lenses were not transitioning in the sunlight. My replacement pair still barely changed in sunlight, but I kept them.

Yesterday, I took my glasses out to put them on and the lenses are wavy and distorted. I cannot wear the glasses because the lenses have what appear to be tiny cracks all through them and looking through them is like looking out of tempered glass.

This is ridiculous. These glasses are the quality of something out of a bubble gum machine. They are junk.

This review was modified by elefunk on May 15 2016 02:10:50 PM

2016-05-15

Great Deals

"I ordered 2 pairs from EBD--both with some of the cheapest frames I could find. This was my first venture into ordering glasses online, and I didn't really trust the process. EBD was a very pleasant surprise. I emailed them and asked for a coupon code, and they emailed me back with one (will share a code with you below if you like!)

Got the $6 Doc frames in light purple with single vision prescriptions, UV, and anti-reflective; and the $9 Delaware frames in floral, turned into prescription gradient amber sunglasses. I thought they would be cheap-o glasses, but they are NOT! The Docs are AWESOME--people ask me all the time where I got them and can't believe they were only $6. (Note that the light purple is more of a beige color just like in the picture.)

The Delaware gradient sunglasses I meant to get as a cheap backup, but I am more protective of them than I am of my $200+ Ralph Laurens.

Both prescriptions were spot-on perfect. They arrived 13 days after ordering.

Total, my order with shipping and after the discount was about $48. The last time I bought glasses, I got 2 pairs in a BOGO sale at Pearle Vision and paid about $270 for glasses I did not like nearly as much.

Definitely worth a shot, especially when you can get prescription glasses for under $15. I will be going there next time I need to order (or maybe just for something fun to try out!)

This review was modified by FrugalQueen on September 21 2016 05:32:41 AM

2016-04-25

Awful service

"I had a similar experience to many users. Still no glasses after almost 2 months. I placed an order and then called immediately to see if a new user discount code could be applied to my order. The customer service rep somehow re-did the entire order and I dont know if she left out the space number or if that was my fault but either way they arrived 3 weeks later at my local post office and were returned as "undeliverable as addressed" I called Eyebuydirect and was assured that the moment they arrived back at their facility they would express deliver them back to me with the correct address. I watched the tracking number as the glasses slowly made their way all the way back to Austin TX, then the glasses sat at the Austin post office for A WEEK! I called Eyebuy again. They said there was nothing they could do about it and again offered me expedited shipping. A few days later I see that the glasses have FINALLY been delivered back to their location. As of this writing, my glasses have been back at the eyebuydirect facility for another entire week and no one has bothered to ship them out. Called again today and was again assured that when they did finally get around to shipping them out if would be expedited UPS. I asked the rep to please tell me they will be shipped out today. She put me on hold for 2 minutes, came back dancing around my request, basically offering the same thing, that WHEN they ship them, be that today or another three weeks from today, they will definitley expedite the shipping. They didn't do anything to speed up the process and seemed very unconcerned. I guess they are used to unhappy people calling in about the crap service and the protocol is just to ignore them and get them off the phone with empty promises. I will NEVER order with this company again. "

This review was modified by bricook on April 25 2016 02:21:47 PM

2016-04-13

They are getting better every day

"There is no comparison between my first pair purchased a few years ago and the pair I ordered in August 2015. The product and delivery have visibly improved. I recently had an accident involving one of my lenses and knowing that it was completely my fault, and their return policy is 14 days, I contacted them anyway to see if I had any options for getting a new lense or fixing this one. Their customer support went overboard to help me with a very satisfying resolution. I received my new glasses in about a week and I was moved to find a place to write a review about their service. I would highly recommend them. You must recognize that if you buy the $8 frames, you are probably going to get what you pay for, but in my case I increased the budget and found a tremendous look, feel, and quality product that I am very proud to wear for $130 all in. "

This review was modified by pentiumii1 on April 13 2016 11:19:47 AM

2016-04-10

Prescription readers are unsuable

"I've had the same prescription for 3 years now and have had glasses made buy a local company and another online store. The ones I got from eyebuydirect.com are so blurry as to be unusable. Drug store cheaters work better!

Do not buy from eyebuydirect. You'll be wasting your money as I did mine.

Share EyeBuyDirect.com's store rating

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

EyeBuyDirect.com is not a merchant member
EyeBuyDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!