• Rating 1.00/10 392 reviews

Express Cameras / expresscamera.com / Save Here Distribution is not a merchant member
    Express Cameras / expresscamera.com / Save Here Distribution does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Express Cameras / expresscamera.com / Save Here Distribution contact information

"BEWARE SHOPPERS....THIS COMPANY CONTINUES TO RIP OFF TOURISTS TO THE ORLANDO/KISSIMMEE AREA. THEY USE VARIOUS TACTICS...SUCH AS OVERPRICING GEAR AND DECEPTIVE CLAIMS. THEY ESPECIALLY TARGET TOURISTS. SAVE YOU MONEY AND DO NOT ALLOW THESE CLOWS TO AGGRAVATE YOU LIKE THEY DID TO ME AND HUNDREDS OF OTHERS. WHY THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN I DON'T KNOW...I SUSPECT THAT IT IS BECAUSE TOURISTS DON'T STAY AROUND LONG...AND DEALING WITH THEM FORM ABROAD IS LESS LIKELY."

"This site is a a big scam. We bought a Cannon T2i camera with a 18-200 lens from this site 2 months ago. We only received the camera and so far we haven't seen the shippment of the lens yet. Everytime we called to inqury about the lens, they gave us the same excuse that the lens is on back order. We had a lot of hassle dealing with this site. The owner even used the f-word one time on the phone and threatened to ruin our credit if we disputed the payment. "

"I previously reported me extreme disatisfaction with Express Cameras, the good news is that their web site is now CLOSED! Good riddance Express Cameras! Beware of any online camera ads that appear "too good to be true". Stick with reputable dealers - there are plenty to pick from!"

"I experienced the same sense of hopelessness as other reviewers. I ordered a Nikon D200 package for my honeymoon. I had saved up for months for this moment. I received the email asking for me to call and advise the 3 digit code on the back of my credit card. I fell for that scam first. I should have gone with my gut instinct to not give out this code. Instead, my greed and longing for this camera took over my better judgement. I surrendered to the bait and switch as I had not done all my homework regarding what was included in the original camera box. The salesman Kevin was so rude, and insulted me when I tried to cancel the order. I received the camera kit, much to my surprise, a few days later. It was the wrong camera, a D80 with a Sigma lens, i/o the promised Nikon lens. I called and tried to return the camera- to only be placed on hold and insulted by Chris- who called me a foolish woman. Well, that pissed this foolish woman off. So much so, that I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card. Express Cameras had 45 days to answer my credit cards terms. No answer. SO, I am now a proud owner of a free Nikon camera kit. I tossed the 'freebies' in the garbage as that is exactly what they were- garbage. Thanks for the free camera Express Cameras!!! The only fools here are you and your poor wives who will be alone for years when you are all behind bars for years of fraud under so many alias!!!!!"

"i too have had a recent bad dealing with express camera....... i wish i had found this site first. i googled express camera today to see if there were other reports of fraud and deceit and lo and behold. they charged me $245.00 for ground shipping a camcorder and promised me a free camcorder upgrade after which i repeatedly asked him to itemized the invoice and peter (manager) kept telling me he was including all these accessories but later saying they are not available for this camcorder. i knew there was a problem but he kept telling me the the package was huge. it was a cheap tripod and video light as well as a bag that the camcorder doesn't fit in. i wish that i had hung up at that point.
when i received the box and could'nt believe the scam i had to call the order line as they wouldn't answer my calls to the customer service line and he lied through the whole discussion. do not order from these scam artist. i got the shipping cost back but after 30 min. of arguing i hung up. too bad for them as i just ordered a sony camera for my wife from another dealer who post their shipping prices and only recommend accessories to go with it.

"I wanted a Digital SLR body without any packages. They cancelled the order claiming the camera was "out of stock" and they will call me later. Never heard anything further"

modified review This review was modified by ntcherven on February 01 2008 10:54:26 AM

"Hello randallr!

I read your review about Express Cameras, and you said that "I was advised from a U.S. Attorney from the computer crimes division I could record calls". I just got out of court, regarding a case I have with my credit card company, around Express Cameras, & the presiding judge would not even listen to my recorded calls. He considered them inadmissable evidence, and informed me that it was illegal to record without prior consent. I'm very interested in having whoever told you that you could record, contact me, and let me know what law says that you can record.

Thanks,

audiowizard

modified review This review was modified by audiowizard on April 10 2008 04:47:28 PM

"Worst on-line experience I have ever had. Company uses the bait and switch method of sales.
I ordered a Canon xti camera package on-line. The next day I received a call from Chris, he needed Authorization code, and pursuaded me to upgrade to better lenses, 5 hr. battery, high speed memory card and by the way I have a better deal if you upgrade to catalog package. I was stupid and fell for the switch. After investigating the so called upgrade it was all bullshit. I called to try to change back to original package and was told that it was to late, it has already shipped, another f***ing lie!!! I got the tracking # and the package shipped 2 days after I tried cancelling.. I talked to 3 different guys Chris, Kevin and Greg who were all the same guy, rude and full of sh*t. I refused delivery and cancelled my credit card.
I also filed a complaint with NJ BBB and when done with this review I will be filing a dispute with the NJ Attorney General. Stay away from this fraudulant company.

"My story is just like everyone elses. Rude service and them trying to sell me extra accessories. I had to call them 4 times before they finally shipped my order. Though I ended up getting a decent (not great) deal and did recieve the camera I ordered I would not do business with them again.

If you do business make sure to ask for the USA Retail kit with your camera.

"THIS COMPANY USES THE “BAIT & SWITCH” SELLS METHOD. I ORDERED A NIKON SB800 FLASH ON LINE FOR $279. WHEN I DID NOT RECEIVE A CONFORMATION I CALLED TO SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. THE SALES REP NEEDED MORE CREDIT INFORMATION AND SUGGESTED THAT I REALLY NEEDED TO UP-GRADE TO A DIFFERENT FLASH AT A BIG DISCOUNT. I TOLD HIM NO THANK YOU, YET HE PERSISTED HYPING THE OTHER FLASH. AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME AND MUCH INSISTENCE ON MY PART, HE (RELUCTANTLY) CONCEDED HE WOULD GET THE ORDER OUT THAT DAY.
01/28/08> CALLED TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY ORDER AND IT WENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS….. THE FIRST SALES REP STARTS YELLING THE FLASH IS ON 3-4 WEEKS BACK ORDER AND I RESPONDED “WELL IT WAS IN STOCK FRIDAY WHEN I ORDERED IT”. SALES REP RESPONDED “YOU ORDER IS CANCELLED” AN HUNG UP!
I CALLED BACK AND ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER… THIS GUY GOES APE SH-T ON ME. SCREAMING, BEATING HIS DESK (I GUESS THAT’S WHAT HE WAS HITTING) TELLING THE FLASH I ORDERED WOULD NOT WORK AND I NEEDED TO UP GRADE (NOTE HE SAID NOTHING OF THE FLASH AVAILABILITY).GUESS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I TOLD HIM I WANTED THE SB800…..THAT’S WRIGHT HE RESPONDED “YOU ORDER IS CANCELLED” AN HUNG UP!

"Bought lens. Turns out bootleg. Braouk my camera. canon was not able to fix. Thanks god i had warranty. Asked for exchange for lens ...they did not refund money even after I sent back lens. When I called and asked for manager seller just changed voice and played managers role. Still fighting with them. Accidentally find out they have another store ... my friend bought camera from them. Same story, same role play. When I compared signatures on fedex labels...The same last name just spelling slightly different. Coincidence? I do not believe it."

"STAY AWAY FROM EXPRESSCAMERAS.COM! I placed an order for a Nikon 12 - 24mm Lens for $699 on January 16th, along with $50 for shipping. This is after reading great reviews from Shopingcartusa.com, which I now know has been defrauded by this company. I received an email the same day stating that I needed to call to confirm credit card information. I called and the person I spoke with said that he could provide me with a special offer for a Sigma 12 - 24mm lens and three filters for $899. I know a thing or two about camera's and Lenses, so I told him that I wont purchase anything but Nikon glass, and that $899 for a Sigma was absurd. He promptly said enjoy your order and hung up... After speaking with a co-worker about expresscameras.com, he promptly pointed me to resellerratings.com where I learned the truth. I called my credit card fraud department and told them to not allow any charges from expresscameras.com or the parent company. The next day, I received an email saying that they had oversold the lens, and my order had been canceled. We all know this is a lie, they make their money on bait and switch, and never intend to sell the products for the price listed on any of their sites. PLEASE STAY AWAY, and thank you for this site that has real reviews."

"This company is what everyone says it is. I ordered a Canon Rebel XTi essential package online and got a phone call and email stating I needed to call and confirm my order. Needless to say I fell for their bait and switch tactics. I don't know if I waited to long or not but my quest is not over. I have talked with several of their people all of them were on the rude side. Here is a few of the names these people have used, Kevin, Gilbert, Ziggy, Greg, Steve all of which except for Ziggy had the same rude attitude towards me. I started this quest 7 days after reciving the camera with the so called upgrades, I'm a little slow. After looking up a lense on Amazon.com I found out that I was overcharged for all the so called upgrades. I have filed a complaint with the New Jersey BBB which they have already sent to Express Cameras. I have made numerous calls to try to resolve this situation and get the same story with a few more lies thrown in. I have recorded conversations with Ziggy and Gilbert. I can email these if anyone is interested since they are in wave file format. By the way I work at the Charles Evan Whittaker Federal Courthouse in Missouri. I was advised from a U.S. Attorney from the computer crimes division I could record calls. I will not send anything back to them at this point because I DO NOT trust these LIARS. Only wish I would have seen this earlier. "

"I was completely ripped-off. They sold me a non-working used camera. No invoice, no warrantee, and no way to return the product. I'm now suffering financially because they stole over 3600.00 from me, and now I still need a camera for my projects.

I don't understand why this company is still standing. This story isn't over.

"one of the worst online stores i have delt with! if you want a good camera at a fair price, do NOT use them! I am amazed that the govt has not shut this company down! THEY SHOULD!"