"I bought a camera online, at best, the whole transaction was "ODD"....I have been buying online products (and selling them) since September 2000. I have never before had to phone the store I purchased from to confirm an order until I bought from this website. I was passed on the phone from one young guy to another who told me 'we are not accepting American Express Card transactions for this week only' ...... their speech was unprofessional and uncomfortable and I cancelled the transaction when they asked for another credit card number. Not going to happen. Sorry. They were the cheapest on the internet for the item I wanted. I will buy it elsewhere. They missed out on a $231 transaction"

"BEWARE SHOPPERS....THIS COMPANY CONTINUES TO RIP OFF TOURISTS TO THE ORLANDO/KISSIMMEE AREA. THEY USE VARIOUS TACTICS...SUCH AS OVERPRICING GEAR AND DECEPTIVE CLAIMS. THEY ESPECIALLY TARGET TOURISTS. SAVE YOU MONEY AND DO NOT ALLOW THESE CLOWS TO AGGRAVATE YOU LIKE THEY DID TO ME AND HUNDREDS OF OTHERS. WHY THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN I DON'T KNOW...I SUSPECT THAT IT IS BECAUSE TOURISTS DON'T STAY AROUND LONG...AND DEALING WITH THEM FORM ABROAD IS LESS LIKELY."

"This site is a a big scam. We bought a Cannon T2i camera with a 18-200 lens from this site 2 months ago. We only received the camera and so far we haven't seen the shippment of the lens yet. Everytime we called to inqury about the lens, they gave us the same excuse that the lens is on back order. We had a lot of hassle dealing with this site. The owner even used the f-word one time on the phone and threatened to ruin our credit if we disputed the payment. "

"NEVER buy from them! They are LIARs!!
You first placed an order and you get an email telling you to confirm the order, then they will tell you the one your ordered is out of stock, you have to pay much more to buy another one. They even lie to you telling you that you cannot cancel the order.

updated:
I cancel the order

modified review This review was modified by 1037928 on November 27 2010 10:56:49 AM

"I previously reported me extreme disatisfaction with Express Cameras, the good news is that their web site is now CLOSED! Good riddance Express Cameras! Beware of any online camera ads that appear "too good to be true". Stick with reputable dealers - there are plenty to pick from!"

"I experienced the same sense of hopelessness as other reviewers. I ordered a Nikon D200 package for my honeymoon. I had saved up for months for this moment. I received the email asking for me to call and advise the 3 digit code on the back of my credit card. I fell for that scam first. I should have gone with my gut instinct to not give out this code. Instead, my greed and longing for this camera took over my better judgement. I surrendered to the bait and switch as I had not done all my homework regarding what was included in the original camera box. The salesman Kevin was so rude, and insulted me when I tried to cancel the order. I received the camera kit, much to my surprise, a few days later. It was the wrong camera, a D80 with a Sigma lens, i/o the promised Nikon lens. I called and tried to return the camera- to only be placed on hold and insulted by Chris- who called me a foolish woman. Well, that pissed this foolish woman off. So much so, that I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card. Express Cameras had 45 days to answer my credit cards terms. No answer. SO, I am now a proud owner of a free Nikon camera kit. I tossed the 'freebies' in the garbage as that is exactly what they were- garbage. Thanks for the free camera Express Cameras!!! The only fools here are you and your poor wives who will be alone for years when you are all behind bars for years of fraud under so many alias!!!!!"

"i too have had a recent bad dealing with express camera....... i wish i had found this site first. i googled express camera today to see if there were other reports of fraud and deceit and lo and behold. they charged me $245.00 for ground shipping a camcorder and promised me a free camcorder upgrade after which i repeatedly asked him to itemized the invoice and peter (manager) kept telling me he was including all these accessories but later saying they are not available for this camcorder. i knew there was a problem but he kept telling me the the package was huge. it was a cheap tripod and video light as well as a bag that the camcorder doesn't fit in. i wish that i had hung up at that point.
when i received the box and could'nt believe the scam i had to call the order line as they wouldn't answer my calls to the customer service line and he lied through the whole discussion. do not order from these scam artist. i got the shipping cost back but after 30 min. of arguing i hung up. too bad for them as i just ordered a sony camera for my wife from another dealer who post their shipping prices and only recommend accessories to go with it.

"I wanted a Digital SLR body without any packages. They cancelled the order claiming the camera was "out of stock" and they will call me later. Never heard anything further"

modified review This review was modified by ntcherven on February 01 2008 10:54:26 AM

"Hello randallr!

I read your review about Express Cameras, and you said that "I was advised from a U.S. Attorney from the computer crimes division I could record calls". I just got out of court, regarding a case I have with my credit card company, around Express Cameras, & the presiding judge would not even listen to my recorded calls. He considered them inadmissable evidence, and informed me that it was illegal to record without prior consent. I'm very interested in having whoever told you that you could record, contact me, and let me know what law says that you can record.

Thanks,

audiowizard

modified review This review was modified by audiowizard on April 10 2008 04:47:28 PM

"Worst on-line experience I have ever had. Company uses the bait and switch method of sales.
I ordered a Canon xti camera package on-line. The next day I received a call from Chris, he needed Authorization code, and pursuaded me to upgrade to better lenses, 5 hr. battery, high speed memory card and by the way I have a better deal if you upgrade to catalog package. I was stupid and fell for the switch. After investigating the so called upgrade it was all bullshit. I called to try to change back to original package and was told that it was to late, it has already shipped, another f***ing lie!!! I got the tracking # and the package shipped 2 days after I tried cancelling.. I talked to 3 different guys Chris, Kevin and Greg who were all the same guy, rude and full of sh*t. I refused delivery and cancelled my credit card.
I also filed a complaint with NJ BBB and when done with this review I will be filing a dispute with the NJ Attorney General. Stay away from this fraudulant company.

"My story is just like everyone elses. Rude service and them trying to sell me extra accessories. I had to call them 4 times before they finally shipped my order. Though I ended up getting a decent (not great) deal and did recieve the camera I ordered I would not do business with them again.

If you do business make sure to ask for the USA Retail kit with your camera.

"THIS COMPANY USES THE “BAIT & SWITCH” SELLS METHOD. I ORDERED A NIKON SB800 FLASH ON LINE FOR $279. WHEN I DID NOT RECEIVE A CONFORMATION I CALLED TO SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. THE SALES REP NEEDED MORE CREDIT INFORMATION AND SUGGESTED THAT I REALLY NEEDED TO UP-GRADE TO A DIFFERENT FLASH AT A BIG DISCOUNT. I TOLD HIM NO THANK YOU, YET HE PERSISTED HYPING THE OTHER FLASH. AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME AND MUCH INSISTENCE ON MY PART, HE (RELUCTANTLY) CONCEDED HE WOULD GET THE ORDER OUT THAT DAY.
01/28/08> CALLED TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY ORDER AND IT WENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS….. THE FIRST SALES REP STARTS YELLING THE FLASH IS ON 3-4 WEEKS BACK ORDER AND I RESPONDED “WELL IT WAS IN STOCK FRIDAY WHEN I ORDERED IT”. SALES REP RESPONDED “YOU ORDER IS CANCELLED” AN HUNG UP!
I CALLED BACK AND ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER… THIS GUY GOES APE SH-T ON ME. SCREAMING, BEATING HIS DESK (I GUESS THAT’S WHAT HE WAS HITTING) TELLING THE FLASH I ORDERED WOULD NOT WORK AND I NEEDED TO UP GRADE (NOTE HE SAID NOTHING OF THE FLASH AVAILABILITY).GUESS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I TOLD HIM I WANTED THE SB800…..THAT’S WRIGHT HE RESPONDED “YOU ORDER IS CANCELLED” AN HUNG UP!

"Bought lens. Turns out bootleg. Braouk my camera. canon was not able to fix. Thanks god i had warranty. Asked for exchange for lens ...they did not refund money even after I sent back lens. When I called and asked for manager seller just changed voice and played managers role. Still fighting with them. Accidentally find out they have another store ... my friend bought camera from them. Same story, same role play. When I compared signatures on fedex labels...The same last name just spelling slightly different. Coincidence? I do not believe it."

"I had the same bad experience with Express Camera. I had read the reviews on this site, but I thought I would take the chance since the potential savings were so great. They had a Nikon 70 -300 Nikon lens offered for $349 which is over $100 less than the legitimate retailers. After I placed the order on the web, I soon got the "call us to confirm your order" email. The rude "gentleman" who answered the phone, soon realized I was not going to play along with his bait and switch tactics and said to me "Your a wise guy, I'm going to cancel your order". Big surprise! "

"STAY AWAY FROM EXPRESSCAMERAS.COM! I placed an order for a Nikon 12 - 24mm Lens for $699 on January 16th, along with $50 for shipping. This is after reading great reviews from Shopingcartusa.com, which I now know has been defrauded by this company. I received an email the same day stating that I needed to call to confirm credit card information. I called and the person I spoke with said that he could provide me with a special offer for a Sigma 12 - 24mm lens and three filters for $899. I know a thing or two about camera's and Lenses, so I told him that I wont purchase anything but Nikon glass, and that $899 for a Sigma was absurd. He promptly said enjoy your order and hung up... After speaking with a co-worker about expresscameras.com, he promptly pointed me to resellerratings.com where I learned the truth. I called my credit card fraud department and told them to not allow any charges from expresscameras.com or the parent company. The next day, I received an email saying that they had oversold the lens, and my order had been canceled. We all know this is a lie, they make their money on bait and switch, and never intend to sell the products for the price listed on any of their sites. PLEASE STAY AWAY, and thank you for this site that has real reviews."

Express Cameras / expresscamera.com / Save Here Distribution is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Express Cameras / expresscamera.com / Save Here Distribution does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!