Stores > Expedia

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-07-15

The best in Price and the best in Service

"Spent a hour working with a "supervisor" who could not find the reason why none of my computer could not pull up my bookings... they said that I should try after 24hours... then again after 24hours... then again. There is no tech support if Expedia has a system issue... Thus, I will not book again with Expedia."

2016-06-19

Expedia StressFreeâ„¢ Flight Protection NOT VERY STRESS FREE

"Purchased stress free flight insurance for cancellation protection. Got the run a round. Now being told that it is insurance from a third party and they will not cover the cancellation. I will not use expedia ever again."

This review was modified by Timewarpp on June 23 2016 08:34:36 AM

2016-05-19

DO NOT USE EXPEDIA

"THEY BOOKED IN A VERY BAD HOTEL, THAT HAD NO TOWELS, AND DIRTY.
THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR THE TWO ROOMS I RESERVED.
WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL THEY SAID EXPEDIA'S CARD HAD BEEN
DECLINED AND I GOT CHARGED AGAIN,
AFTER 48 MIN ON PHONE I WAS NOT ABLE TO CORRECT THIS MATTER.
HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!

This review was modified by BVau2000 on May 19 2016 04:16:41 PM

2016-05-08

EXPEDIA IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED

"Expedia knew I was searching for a standard hotel. They made it appear as if they were offering the kind of hotels I was searching for in the area that I was looking. Then after payment, there was a never heard of crappy looking little apartment looking hotel. Of course there is no refund. Costly lesson. I had to book and pay for a hotel in the area that I needed. Just wasted y money with Expedia.
Warning!!!! Don't trust Expedia, I will never use them again

This review was modified by ESTERWYNN on May 08 2016 01:53:38 AM

2016-03-22

An Open Letter To Expedia

"Dear Expedia.com,

I've been a customer/user of yours for a good number of years now. Recently, however, I experienced an encounter with your Customer Service Team that has left a very sour taste in my mouth, an encounter that will probably keep me from using your services ever again, unfortunately.

My wife and I recently took a trip to Europe to celebrate our honeymoon. We booked our tickets to Paris, our hotel in Paris and our flight back to the US all through Expedia.com. While in Europe, we traveled around to a few different countries, specifically the UK and Italy.

When planning our honeymoon, we had originally thought to fly from London to Venice, staying a few days in each city. However, when trying to book plane tickets through Expedia.com to Venice, the website wouldn't work. It took us to an error page whenever we tried to buy the plane tickets. So, we adjusted our plans and bought tickets through Expedia.com to Florence (from London) instead of to Venice. The website worked for us this time around and we received a confirmation email from Expedia.com shortly after purchasing the Florence tickets.

Now, fast forward to our last night in London on our honeymoon (March 12). That night, we received an email from Expedia.com notifying/reminding us of our upcoming trip to Florence the next day. We ALSO received an email from Expedia.com notifying/reminding us of our trip to Venice! This was news to us! This was the first time ever hearing anything about Venice after our initial failed attempt to purchase tickets through Expedia.com, for which we did not get a confirmation page on the website nor did we receive a confirmation email like we did for the tickets to Florence. So, as far as we were concerned, we never purchased tickets to Venice.

We made a very expensive call to Expedia.com Customer Service from London to try to remedy the error. We spoke to a Representative who admitted to the error on Expedia's end, but would not refund us anything, citing company policy. When I asked to speak to a Supervisor, the Representation refused to let me do so. I flat out asked, "So, you're refusing to let me speak to your supervisor?" To which the Representative responded, "Yes." That alone was enough to ruffle my feathers. I ended the call then since it was clear I was getting no where with this Representative.

I emailed my father in Ohio, asking him to help since I couldn't afford another pricey international phone call. I gave him all the information I had and asked him to call Expedia.com on my behalf. He did so and ran into the same opposition I did earlier. However, he was a bit more forceful and eventually was transferred to a Supervisor. Then, after some more conversation, my father was transferred to that Supervisor's Supervisor. Please note that this whole time on the phone my father was being told again and again that there was nothing Expedia.com could do EVEN THOUGH IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

So, after 4.5 hours on the phone with Customer Service, Expedia.com finally agreed to give me a full refund. The Customer Service Team, after exploring it further, agreed that the error was due to their website and that we were right in asking for a refund - something we had been trying to tell them this whole time! I am pleased with the outcome but completely appalled by the path to that outcome. A customer should be taken seriously and listened to. I was not treated this way. Also, this matter should not have taken 4.5 hours to resolve. That is time that my father will not get back and time that should not have been taken from him. This experience also put a lot of stress on our honeymoon, a time that should have been relaxing and enjoyable for me and my wife.

When all was said and done, we were very disappointed in Expedia.com. We still are. I doubt we will ever use Expedia.com again and will discourage our friends and family from using it, too, citing this negative experience as a reason why. I hope you take this email seriously and implement changes to your Customer Service Team as a result. Maybe allow Representatives to make more decisions on the front line or encourage Representatives to allow customers to speak to Supervisors, not purposefully denying customers when they ask. No one else should have to suffer through what we suffered through to get a refund for an error caused by Expedia.com.

Sincerely,
Ben

This review was modified by benny192189 on March 22 2016 06:24:08 AM

2016-03-09

Beware -- Awful customer experience and glitchy reservation system will cost you

"I canceled a hotel booking, never got a confirmation number or another email about. When I checked my account there was no record. I spoke to customer service and was told the cause of this was a glitch. No reminder emails were sent for this booking. No check in status emails were sent for this booking. The supervisor of the call center whom I talked to on 3/9/2016 at 10 am CT agreed that Expedia offers an inconstant level of customer service in these matters. Overall I am super frustrated with Expedia and will frankly never use them to book another trip. Sad that a years-long relationship has come down to a customer support team being unable to make things right despite admitting fault."

This review was modified by beattrane on March 09 2016 08:26:22 AM

2016-02-22

Expedia stole $227 from me

"Expedia claims they provided the service of booking me a hotel room.

The hotel I booked a room through Expedia with NEVER PROVIDED THE SERVICE.

Consequently, both the hotel are off the hook and Expedia washes their hands of it because they claim the service of booking a room was worth $227. No accountability whatsoever.

DISGUSTING COMPANY. FRAUDULENT.

This review was modified by eleetoburrito on February 22 2016 09:44:50 PM

2016-02-21

Poor service

"Went to book a roundtrip flight for 4/24 on Expedia.com.
When got to checkout, the button wouldn't work. Called customer service for help (only took 10 minutes to find number.) When finally got through, said hold time would be 4 minutes. 45 minutes later and no one has picked up. Finally gave up. Absolutely pathetic "customer service."

This review was modified by ddarlingov on February 21 2016 09:34:43 AM

2016-02-16

Do not use Expedia.com

"On February 16 2016 I purchased 5 tickets from NYC to CANCUN for Aug 20-Sep 3 for great price $1794. Next thing I booked 2 hotels for that time. After 10 hours receive the call from Expedia telling me that the tickets are not available no more and the got another one for a twice as much. SHAME ON YOU GUYS. I make sure that me and my friends do not use Expedia.com"

This review was modified by Mariusz1976 on February 16 2016 05:17:03 PM

2016-02-16

Terrible terrible no good customer service

"Worst customer service I've ever received. Booked my trip, reservation was lost and I've spent 6 hours on the phone with this multimillion dollar company with no hope of refunds or credit. Hung up on by first manager I spoke with."

This review was modified by mikaylako on February 16 2016 12:20:41 PM

2015-12-21

"I will NEVER use Expedia again. I bought a flight from Quito to the Galapagos for $168, which I thought was a great deal. When I was about to leave the Galapagos, LAN charged me ANOTHER $168 to leave because Expedia sold me a ticket that was only for Ecuadorian citizens. LAN's tickets clearly say on their website that the tickets at that price are only for Ecuadorian citizens, but NO WHERE on Expedia's site when buying the tickets does it say that only Ecuadorian's can buy them. Therefore I was stranded and had to PAY DOUBLE to leave. I could not afford to go at the more expensive price and would have not have gone if I had known. Expedia will not help me out at all and claims it is an "additional fee" from the airline, however Expedia sold and American citizen, unknown to me, a ticket only Ecuadorian's can buy and I had to pay out of pocket. This is absolutely ridiculous. DO NOT BUY FROM EXPEDIA!"

This review was modified by klj5143 on December 21 2015 06:22:41 PM

2015-10-25

"I was trying to book two tickets from Shanghai to Taipei, for 4 hours, the website keeping has error message as "we can't process your booking, please try again", I tried for a few hours, still doesn't work. so, I decided to call expedia.com at 1-800 319-4834 (10/25/15 @ 3:23pm), first a guy pick up my phone, tried to book the ticket for me, it still doesn't work, he then cut off the phone. I call again at 1 - 800 - 397 3342 (10/25/15 @4:46), a lady, her name is Princess, she tried to book the ticket for me, it doesn't work, she then told me that my credit card been declined, asked me for another card, I gave her my american express, still she can't book the ticket, she asked me for a third card. at the same time, i checked my base card, and talk to the Chase card customer service, my card has been charged $14 for seven times, and my American express has been charge $1 twice, $14 once. she still could not book the ticket for me, she then transfer my call to a Customer servicer lady, that lady, hang up my phone, because she could not resolve the problem. I called third time to expedia.com at 1 800 397 3342 (10/25/15, 5:09pm), a gentleman told me that their booking system has problem. this is the only time, Expedia.com admit that their system has problem, instead of told me my credit cards have problems.

I have been wasted more than 5 hours of my Sunday afternoon, trying to book a ticket thru Expedia.com, and it is absloute a nightmare!!!

2015-09-29

"Price Match Policy is a lie and just lures in customers, yet they never award it.

At the time of my booking I was debating between a few of the travel sites, but decided to go with Expedia before since I have been loyal there for years, have points, and they had a price match guarantee. I found an exact match on multiple travel sites, both of which were lower than expedia's, and I thoroughly compared all the fine print.

Booked with expedia and submitted my price match, which was advertised to get a response within 48 hours (that was on August 2nd). I got a response the next day, denying it because they needed more information (and they are incapable of looking it up).

Try to contact the price match department- it doesn't exist. They do not answer emails, and there is only a general customer service dept. I tried to be connected to someone specific in that department, who I figured may even have 1/4 of a brain, but alas no luck. Every tedious and draining call for a price match got me nowhere. They review mundane details, quote inaccurate sources, and put you on hold for 20minutes at a time to come back with worthless answers.

August 4th started my price match rebuttal, and I did not get an answer until September 24th (2 weeks after my trip lol). What an embarrassment. Throughout the process, I was given several reasons for why my price match was invalid, all of which proved to them to be incorrect and they agreed, but then nothing changed.

A month after the price match was submitted, they told me that they couldn't do it because the prices were out-of-date... Oh that's great- so I am to blame because they look at it a month after it was submitted. Endless crap like that all for $150.

Instead they lose a customer and hopefully more. I sincerely hope no one books with Expedia if you expect to win a price match guarantee. It doesn't matter how logical or rational your details are, or what evidence you provide. They will stall or come up with some BS to not validate it.

They went from my go-to booking website to being blacklisted. Atrocious.

2015-09-25

"Expedia is in cahoots with tripadvisor, paypal and some hotels and has been known for a long time for taking people for their money. I spent a few hundred and was ripped off completely.

Watch out! Don't use Microsoft Expedia!

2015-09-20

"My daughters first flight, of two, was delayed due to a mechanical issue with the plane. This delay would cause her to miss her connection flight. When I called Expedia to see if we could get her on a later 2nd flight, they all but laughed at me. I was actually told that it was not their issue, and that it was 'a minor issue' and of 'no concern'. They said if my daughter got stuck at the airport where she was to lay over until her 2nd flight, and she actually missed the flight, we would just need to drive the 5 hours to pick her up and bring her home......or....we could pay a horrible fee to "attempt" to change her ticket. I said I was not paying a fee for something I did not cause/choose. After the 17th time of "reviewing my itinerary" she said I could pay an astronomical fee (more than the cost of the ticket to begin with) or keep my "preferred" flight. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold. Every few minutes, they would pick up the phone to check and see if I was still there, and then put me back on hold. Once, I actually heard them say (very sarcastically) "put it back on hold - she is waiting for a supervisor (laughter)". After 55 minutes of being on hold, they picked up the phone, said "she is still there" and hung up. We called the carrier directly, and were told that because we booked thru Expedia, they were not supposed to change our flight. Expedia makes tons of money when people are forced to change a flight (due to no fault of the passenger), and they have to ask us to go thru Expedia. I told them what Expedia did, and they went in and changed her flight for free - and did it quickly. NEVER USE EXPEDIA!"

This review was modified by exexpediacustomer on September 20 2015 03:15:55 PM

Share Expedia's store rating

Expedia is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Expedia is not a merchant member
Expedia does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!