Stores > Expedia
  • Expedia

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Expedia by clicking a star below.
2017-05-04

MISERABLE

"Heaven forbid you try to change your reservation. I was on hold w Expedia literally 40 minutes. They went through a dog and pony show of contacting the hotel. I called the hotel and got the quick answer that my change had to be made through Expedia, who would not accommodate me. Once you book do not look for any kind of customer service!"

2017-04-03

Dissatisfied experiences

"•room booked was already given away on arrival with card on file and charged.
•options due to Expedia were to pay cancellation through Expedia and directly book through hotel for additional cost and to wait until next morning for Vacancy.
•app difficult to make any changes to additional information.
•cancelled future booking through app due to this inconvenience, app failed to delete and was charged a full nights room and cancellation fee within same trip.
*was reimbursed $200 credit by Expedia which I used a portion of and when went to use remaining credits informed any remaining is forfeited. Then was not re credited remaining amount.
•When trying to leave a 1-star app review conveniently kept deleting comments due to name being taken or password error instead of editing option.
First time Expedia customer, I will be sticking with Priceline & other agents if any as I have never had any issues in all my traveling years and I will not use Expedia ever again for these many factors.
Saving money with Expedia did not happen, it costed our family money and a full nights sleep on the streets of Orlando without paying double. Expedia was still paid by above hotels at their customers expense and they didn't make it right. Horrible customer service and portal.

2017-02-04

False advertising

"I've been a customer for many years and have mostly satisfied with the pricing and options, until a recent false advertisement on an airline quote: a flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles was quoted at $146 all the way until I made the purchase, just to realize that they charged me $176. I even tried to search for the same flight after the fact and, there again, it was the $146 quote.
I emailed Expedia and they blamed it on the airline...
Absolutely ridiculous. And there's no recourse to the average Joe to get restitution, and forget trying to rebook- that'll cost you an extra $125.
Shameful!

2017-01-31

Wont refund

"Booked a flight that was cancelled by the airline, Expedia haven't refunded and just ignoring requests despite confirmation from the airline that the travel agent (Expedia) need to issue my refund.
Terrible service and will never use again.

2016-12-18

WORST TRAVEL AGENCY

"If I could give Expedia a negative review I would. I have spent a collective 6 hours on the phone with Expedia trying to fix their own mistakes while being berated, treated like a child, and having supervisors and managers telling me that there was 'nothing they could do' about their own mistakes. Here is a very simplistic version of events: I booked a flight through Expedia originally for Dec. 12, two weeks before my flight I realised I needed to move it to the 7th, I called to move it, was told that the move was not covered under the insurance that I bought (big surprise) but moved the flight anyway so I could be home for my mother's birthday. A few days before my flight I went on Norwegian air to add my flight details and my flight no longer existed. Nothing for dec. 7th (although my card had been charged) and nothing for dec. 12. I called, was on the phone for an hour and was told it was sorted but it would take 24 hours to show up on Norwegian. It never did and I finally had to spend four hours on the phone with Expedia the night before my flight trying to sort everything out (the entire time I was treated with extreme disrespect and their customer service couldn't have been less interested in my case). Luckily I was able to fly home, but finally, I spent a further two hours on the phone tonight because Expedia charged two different cards for the same flight and refused to admit their mistake until I had to send them screen shots of my credit card transactions with time stamps to prove it, even though I had provided multiple reference numbers. Finally after speaking to two different customer service reps, supervisors and managers, everything is now (hopefully) sorted, although I am will not be convinced until the refund is processed. All in all, I would NEVER recommend Expedia to ANYONE because not only did they have multiple screw ups on their end, they treated me terribly and refused to admit their mistakes until it was shoved in their face. "

2016-11-28

Expedia-Greedia- took my money for a nonexistent room

"They did not return it voluntarily. Paypal helped me get refund. THEY STINK as far as I am concerned. Never again."

2016-11-16

READ ALL FINE PRINTS OF COUPONS ISSUED BY EXPEDIA

"I made a mistake of not reading their fine prints and only believed their live agents. They gave me a coupon to use. I was led to believe by the agent that I could use the coupon by expiry date (end of 2016) and yet traveled from Jan 2017. Second agent said the first agent was wrong and nothing could be done. This was after we bought air tickets and car rentals !!! Everyone in Expedia I talked to when called said nothing could be done !!!! Beware !!!!"

2016-08-07

Website Glitch cost 45% more for flight. Expedia will not honor anything even if a known website error.

"I have used expedia off and on for 15 years. Their website glitched for over 5 hours and even when on the phone with them they could not book the flight I was looking for. They said to try back later. Today is the next day which is later and the flight went up 45% because of me trying to book the flight ( which should be illegal). Since their site glitched it cost me a lot more money so I called CS back to tell them what happened and instead of even trying to help or give a future discount they just told me "No we will not change any price even if our website glitches".

Use a company for years and will not even fix something when it was their error. Very poor and sad customer service to say the least. They lost a customer forever because part of having a business is to the support you offer and they lack all support when they need to come to a resolution on something. They should go out of business and people should stop using them for any of their travel needs.

2016-07-15

The best in Price and the best in Service

"Spent a hour working with a "supervisor" who could not find the reason why none of my computer could not pull up my bookings... they said that I should try after 24hours... then again after 24hours... then again. There is no tech support if Expedia has a system issue... Thus, I will not book again with Expedia."

2016-06-19

Expedia StressFree™ Flight Protection NOT VERY STRESS FREE

"Purchased stress free flight insurance for cancellation protection. Got the run a round. Now being told that it is insurance from a third party and they will not cover the cancellation. I will not use expedia ever again."

2016-05-19

DO NOT USE EXPEDIA

"THEY BOOKED IN A VERY BAD HOTEL, THAT HAD NO TOWELS, AND DIRTY.
THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR THE TWO ROOMS I RESERVED.
WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL THEY SAID EXPEDIA'S CARD HAD BEEN
DECLINED AND I GOT CHARGED AGAIN,
AFTER 48 MIN ON PHONE I WAS NOT ABLE TO CORRECT THIS MATTER.
HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!

2016-05-08

EXPEDIA IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED

"Expedia knew I was searching for a standard hotel. They made it appear as if they were offering the kind of hotels I was searching for in the area that I was looking. Then after payment, there was a never heard of crappy looking little apartment looking hotel. Of course there is no refund. Costly lesson. I had to book and pay for a hotel in the area that I needed. Just wasted y money with Expedia.
Warning!!!! Don't trust Expedia, I will never use them again

2016-03-22

An Open Letter To Expedia

"Dear Expedia.com,

I've been a customer/user of yours for a good number of years now. Recently, however, I experienced an encounter with your Customer Service Team that has left a very sour taste in my mouth, an encounter that will probably keep me from using your services ever again, unfortunately.

My wife and I recently took a trip to Europe to celebrate our honeymoon. We booked our tickets to Paris, our hotel in Paris and our flight back to the US all through Expedia.com. While in Europe, we traveled around to a few different countries, specifically the UK and Italy.

When planning our honeymoon, we had originally thought to fly from London to Venice, staying a few days in each city. However, when trying to book plane tickets through Expedia.com to Venice, the website wouldn't work. It took us to an error page whenever we tried to buy the plane tickets. So, we adjusted our plans and bought tickets through Expedia.com to Florence (from London) instead of to Venice. The website worked for us this time around and we received a confirmation email from Expedia.com shortly after purchasing the Florence tickets.

Now, fast forward to our last night in London on our honeymoon (March 12). That night, we received an email from Expedia.com notifying/reminding us of our upcoming trip to Florence the next day. We ALSO received an email from Expedia.com notifying/reminding us of our trip to Venice! This was news to us! This was the first time ever hearing anything about Venice after our initial failed attempt to purchase tickets through Expedia.com, for which we did not get a confirmation page on the website nor did we receive a confirmation email like we did for the tickets to Florence. So, as far as we were concerned, we never purchased tickets to Venice.

We made a very expensive call to Expedia.com Customer Service from London to try to remedy the error. We spoke to a Representative who admitted to the error on Expedia's end, but would not refund us anything, citing company policy. When I asked to speak to a Supervisor, the Representation refused to let me do so. I flat out asked, "So, you're refusing to let me speak to your supervisor?" To which the Representative responded, "Yes." That alone was enough to ruffle my feathers. I ended the call then since it was clear I was getting no where with this Representative.

I emailed my father in Ohio, asking him to help since I couldn't afford another pricey international phone call. I gave him all the information I had and asked him to call Expedia.com on my behalf. He did so and ran into the same opposition I did earlier. However, he was a bit more forceful and eventually was transferred to a Supervisor. Then, after some more conversation, my father was transferred to that Supervisor's Supervisor. Please note that this whole time on the phone my father was being told again and again that there was nothing Expedia.com could do EVEN THOUGH IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

So, after 4.5 hours on the phone with Customer Service, Expedia.com finally agreed to give me a full refund. The Customer Service Team, after exploring it further, agreed that the error was due to their website and that we were right in asking for a refund - something we had been trying to tell them this whole time! I am pleased with the outcome but completely appalled by the path to that outcome. A customer should be taken seriously and listened to. I was not treated this way. Also, this matter should not have taken 4.5 hours to resolve. That is time that my father will not get back and time that should not have been taken from him. This experience also put a lot of stress on our honeymoon, a time that should have been relaxing and enjoyable for me and my wife.

When all was said and done, we were very disappointed in Expedia.com. We still are. I doubt we will ever use Expedia.com again and will discourage our friends and family from using it, too, citing this negative experience as a reason why. I hope you take this email seriously and implement changes to your Customer Service Team as a result. Maybe allow Representatives to make more decisions on the front line or encourage Representatives to allow customers to speak to Supervisors, not purposefully denying customers when they ask. No one else should have to suffer through what we suffered through to get a refund for an error caused by Expedia.com.

Sincerely,
Ben

2016-03-09

Beware -- Awful customer experience and glitchy reservation system will cost you

"I canceled a hotel booking, never got a confirmation number or another email about. When I checked my account there was no record. I spoke to customer service and was told the cause of this was a glitch. No reminder emails were sent for this booking. No check in status emails were sent for this booking. The supervisor of the call center whom I talked to on 3/9/2016 at 10 am CT agreed that Expedia offers an inconstant level of customer service in these matters. Overall I am super frustrated with Expedia and will frankly never use them to book another trip. Sad that a years-long relationship has come down to a customer support team being unable to make things right despite admitting fault."

2016-02-22

Expedia stole $227 from me

"Expedia claims they provided the service of booking me a hotel room.

The hotel I booked a room through Expedia with NEVER PROVIDED THE SERVICE.

Consequently, both the hotel are off the hook and Expedia washes their hands of it because they claim the service of booking a room was worth $227. No accountability whatsoever.

DISGUSTING COMPANY. FRAUDULENT.

Share Expedia's store rating

Expedia is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Expedia is not a merchant member
Expedia does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!