ExpediaCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I used Expedia and regretted it.
They are a bunch of crooks.
The hidden extras are diabolical and full terms are not available until you have paid.
Please do yourself a favour and use an honest agent instead.
Customer service manned by personnel from abroad who can`t even understand you properly, you may as well save your breath.
Shame there is no way of giving minus stars in this review as they are a well deserved case..

modified review This review was modified by carpetbloke on November 25 2014 09:26:42 AM

"Expedia customer service is a joke. They use overseas staff only, and will hangup on you without warning or tell you they can't hear you whenever they can't resolve the problem.

Will never use this horrible service.

modified review This review was modified by mayy7 on October 31 2014 05:09:25 AM

"As an infrequent but long time user of Expedia, I have always had a pleasant experience with their services. However, my most recent trip to Cancun, Mexico is a shining example of how one simply cannot trust this company.
Expedia has a very convenient and (usually) accurate option to search for deals on all-inclusive vacation packages. Using this option my spouse and I recently booked a 10 night stay at the Marriott CasaMagna in Cancun. The price for the whole package was very reasonable due to, I suspect, the fact that this was the off-season for travel to Cancun.
The flight was reasonable and upon arrival to the hotel, we learned – to our surprise – that there is no “All-Inclusive” option at this particular establishment. We immediately called Expedia and after three hours of being put on hold, bounced around, dropped we finally talked to a Customer Service Representative. After explaining the situation to the CSR and his supervisor, it was agreed that Expedia had made a mistake and would reimburse us for any food or beverages we ordered from the hotel during our stay (we were to treat this stay as an all-inclusive).
As neither of us are big drinkers nor big eaters, we averaged about 2 meals and 2 drinks per day each.
At the end of the trip we had incurred $921 (CAD) in additional charges for food and beverages. Considering that the stay was for 10 days and there were 2 of us, that works out to $46/day each for food and drinks. I think this is a very reasonable amount…
When we returned home after the trip, we emailed Expedia a copy of the receipt showing the breakdown of the $921 in extra expenses incurred because of the “All-Inclusive” mistake. Then after spending over seven hours on the phone with them over the next two weeks they only agreed to reimburse us for $300 of it. Without giving us any reasons, they threatened that it was to be $300 or nothing.
In then end I’m glad that they only “stole” $621. Reading some other peoples’ reviews of Expedia’s services have shown me that it could have been a far, far worse experience costing me far more money. Needless to say I will never book another flight/hotel/vacation with Expedia ever again. I sincerely hope that people react to this kind of business practise and join me in boycotting Expedia.

TLDNR: Do not use Expedia as you will have to pay for any mistake that they make – they will not do the reasonable thing of reimbursing you.

modified review This review was modified by Matthew121 on October 18 2014 08:53:45 AM

"Booked a flight for my son and daughter on espedia because it had a banner that all booking were able to be cancelled within 24 hours for a full refund. Never got a confirmation email from them but downloaded the itinerary with number and United Airlines confirmation. Turns out it was the same price if I had booked with United. Tried to cancel online but they have no record under my email. No way search via itinerary number. Via the phone was able to verify that my trip existed, followed all the prompts for a cancellation and was on hold for 45 minutes. I think they do this on purpose and recommend people not use this at all! Sent multiple emails and have yet to receive a reply. Finally notified my credit company of the problem and had to cancel my card and get a new one. Finally cancelled with United for a quote "non refundable ticket"."

"I somehow changed my booking date but noticed as soon as I hit enter! called the hotel and they directed me to contact Expedia, which I did. He told me there was nothing he could change without a cancellation/change fee, I told him that was okay (at this point) but didnt realize it was 100%, so my 1 night stay was now $600 and it was still non-refundable!! Whats even worse is if I had just booked direct it would have actually been $50 less because they discount for AAA and it would have been refundable up to 24 hours before my res date! I would suggest to ALWAYS book direct even if its a bit more, you'll save money in the long run!
UPDATE---I will change my stars because Donna at Exedia's Corp Office (1:23 min later) did get me taken care of, still paid a little more for the extra night but atleast it wasnt $300 more!

modified review This review was modified by MadJesse on October 02 2014 09:16:01 AM

"I will NEVER EVER book a holiday with Expedia again!!!! I have spoken to them on the phone and they keep making mistakes with my booking. I'm not sure if the employees are not trained/educated properly because who ever I speak to always seems to disappoint me and make mistakes on my booking and here is a great example. I called up Expedia today and told the sales/customer service representative that I would like the pre purchase 1 check in baggage for my flight. I kept telling them that it's only 1 check in bag and towards the end of the day I discovered that they charged me for 2 bags. They do not understand instructions you tell them and I am extremely disappointed with the service they have provided me. I also find it difficult to understand them because of their heavy accents. Every time I call Expedia I'm on the phone for ages at least 20-30 minutes just so I can ask one question. Their service is ridiculous and not helpful at all. I have had other issues with them as well but I do not want to brag on. Do NOT book anything through Expedia!"

modified review This review was modified by rinakii_92 on September 22 2014 03:33:00 AM

"Expedia is such a joke. Do yourself a huge favor and book straight through the airlines and through the hotels. They will at least try to help solve any situation you might have. Whatever you do, don't use their insurance plan since they won't refund your money regardless .... it's wasted money and just another of Expedia's ways to rip you off. What a freakin joke. BTW: Their customer service is the worst."

modified review This review was modified by Angry777 on September 09 2014 12:01:04 PM

Expedia User

"Expedia is a big big rip off and think twice before giving them your credit card number and if you need to cancel a reservation make sure you speek with a human ( which that will be next to impossible) cause if you follow the instruction from the machine they will say they show no records of it and you will have to pay Expedia is a bad bad company trust me never again"

"Avoid using Expedia Insurance - it is anything but.

I used the Expedia insurance knowing that my flight and car rental might have to be cancelled. When I called to cancel it took over an hour to complete the cancellation, they told me I would still be charged $200 by the airline and that I would have to submit a claim with a note from my doctor!! to get reimbursed. I could not believe the bait and switch. The wording on the insurance states: Change or cancel for any reason. There is nothing about a doctor's note!

Not only will I not purchase the insurance again, but I will not use Expedia again.

"Buyer Beware, Expedia will rip you off at any opportunity.
They claim"guaranteed lowest price" which I later found out was applicable for 24 hours. I checked a flight and it was about $450, two days later I checked again and it was $760, so fearing it would go higher, I bought it. Then because Expedia continuously sends emails saying "lowest fares" to the destination I wanted, I checked again. It was back down to about $535, so I called American airline to ask if I could have the reduced amount. American was willing if I had bought it through them- but unfortunately had to refer me back to Expedia. Expedia wouldn't budge and I will never do business with them again.

modified review This review was modified by sanbre on July 17 2014 09:09:29 AM

"I looked for a hotel for an upcoming trip on Expedia.com and found one with good reviews for $101. I decided to book the room and clicked on the link to the page to pay for the room and enter my contact info. Then 30 seconds later I got an email thanking me for my reservation and confirming the charge of $197.35!!! (including an extra person charge of over $70 despite the fact that I was booking for 3 people to share a room and the page said the room accommodated 4 people!). So I called Expedia customer service and was told that I did not read the fine print of the terms and conditions which apparently reads that they can charge any amount they feel like which may or may not have any relationship to the price actually shown on their website 5 seconds earlier. Sure enough I looked up a few other hotels and clicked through the link; on the page where you confirm the reservation there is a tiny box on the upper right which on almost every hotel shows a price anywhere from $25-$90 more than listed on the original page. So just for comparison I searched the same hotel on Orbitz.com and found an honest price on the first page of $197.35, with a breakdown of how much is the room charge and how much is tax. I have never seen such a blatant bait and switch resulting in me paying almost double the listed price because I did not catch the fine print which shows that they can just pick a number out of a hat to list as the price on the original page and you could actually pay double that or any other number. I travel a lot and intend to do so much more in coming years; Expedia is dishonest and will not get any more of my business."

modified review This review was modified by acanwin on June 21 2014 11:45:38 PM

"I am not sure what is up with the Expedia web site. I booked my flight months in advance. I had a leaving and return date for a trip, when I started. I looked at the information but didn't catch that Expedia changed the date of my return to the same date as when I left. Only giving me 3:15 minutes of vacation time instead of 10 days. The cost to change, according to the airlnes, was 80% more than what was already paid!!! WHICH GOT EXPENSIVE QUICKLY!!! Very disappointed! Contacted Expedia and they had me contact the airline. No refund. "

modified review This review was modified by tsharrish on April 25 2014 12:45:13 PM

"On October 9th, 2013 I booked a flight to CO to visit my new grandson scheduled for Jan 23rd, 2014. After several changes on this flight I arrived at airport for my scheduled flight at 7 am but was told my airline that my whole trip had been cancelled due to a connecting flight being cancelled. I was not notified by Expedia or airline regarding this change and I had to purchase a new ticket to get another flight for that afternoon at a much higher price. My previous seat had been sold and flight was full. Second flight only had a few seats left. When I notified Expedia, they gave me no help putting the blame on the airline. I am still trying to get original ticket refunded. I will never use Expedia again. When there is a problem, they don't help their customer...."

modified review This review was modified by dbennet2 on February 05 2014 02:10:12 PM

"I book a trip through expedia on 01/19/2014 at 5 pm...
On 01/23/2014 at 1:30 am , I HAD DISCOVERED THAT THE EXaCT SAME TRIP HAD BEEN REDUCED BY $500... Expedia and their supervisors would do nothing for me. I WILL NEVER USE EXPEDIA AGAIN !!!

modified review This review was modified by rich.fitzwell on January 22 2014 11:42:51 PM

"Expedia is a scam.
They are horrible as many other reviews have stated.
They are only nice until they get your money.
I booked for a hotel stay through Expedia.I thought they had a good rate.They asked for upfront payment to confirm the reservation and I complied.Everything was ok and I checked out before 11am.Asked the guy at check out and he said everything is fine.I was incensed to find they charged me a pending hold of $100 for the room.I know hotels keep credit card information in case of damages.However why should their agent Expedia charge me upfront and the hotel place a pending hold.
Customer service was terrible and would not take responsibility stating that it is a transaction between the hotel and I.I asked them who introduced me to the hotel?They could not answer that.
I also made them know that I will be getting legal help if that charge is not removed and in case of legal action,they are legal agents of the hotel and cannot extricate themselves.
I will never use this site again.
Buyer beware.

Expedia is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Expedia is not a merchant member
Expedia does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!