• Rating 4.67/10 35 reviews

Electroprise (formerly: ExoticPhone.com) is not a merchant member
    Electroprise (formerly: ExoticPhone.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Electroprise (formerly: ExoticPhone.com) contact information

• Address: Empire State Building 350 5th Avenue 57 FL Suite 5710 New York, NY
    • Contact: sales@exoticphone.com
    • Phone: 212-561-5358
    • Customer Support: 212-561-5358
    • Business Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm EST Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 5:30pm EST Sunday
    • Fax: 212-858-5731

"They are Completely Unprofessional. Have an unorthodox way of doing business. Who ever heard of a customer placing an order online, providing any and all information needed, only to have to speak to a representative, just to get your order shipped! It's ridiculous. Trying to call customer service is a mission in it's self and once you get through to them they are so rude."

"AVOID!

Found this site through Google Product Search. It looked sketchy. The SSL certificate expired a little over 1 week ago. But I had dealt with sketchy importers before and found others to deliver despite the sketchiness and poor English. I thought maybe they were just a small business without the means to make a decent website. The price was good and they claimed to offer local pickup so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That was a mistake. Shortly after purchase I heard from my bank's fraud department. My card had been duplicated and was being used on the other side of the country. I searched online and apparently this is a common occurrence after shopping at Electroprise. It is ridiculous that this place is still online after so many years of fraud and abuse.

Note at that all the positive reviews found on any website are written in broken English. There is not one well-written positive review. This place does not deserve its 5/10 rating.

Update:

In addition to ExoticPhone.com (now defunct), the site "Best NY Depot" (bestnydepot.com) is also run by the same people. I found this from the mail headers from Electroprise communications:

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 206.214.219.113 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of eltronix@vps.bestnydepot.com) client-ip=206.214.219.113;

X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - vps.bestnydepot.com

Whois for 206.214.219.113 reveals another alias "GSM International Telecom".

It does seem that these guys do the same sort of fraud from various domains.

"they do business like kids,if you don't want headache give you a favor walk away from them!
no customer care,dropping phone call when you are looking for answers...crazy!

"I got the galaxy S II four days ago, I love it by far the best phone I've had., its super fast and is really easy to use:) Electroprise provided excellent service and shipped it withing two days only. They also have amazing customer service. "

"Just got my sony ericsson active. Their price is price is good...I wind paying tax though because I am in new york. But i think i still got a good deal. Other places the price is 20-30 dollars more. I did not have to pay for shipping cuz I picked up from the manhattan location. I did get a free screen protector which was great. I thought their customer is good and Jay helped me at the desk. The phone is awesome. Touchscreen is very quick to respond and the internet is surprisingly very fast. Shape is awesome. "

"For some reason I don't prefer to shop online, primarily because you cant really see what you getting. I know I'm bit old fashioned. i was travelling to UK and needed an lock phone cuz my tmobile wont work. so i typed up unlocked phone on google and saw electroprise. i saw they have physical location where i can pick up. they are also close to midtown of new york city and my apartment is nearby. so i decided to pay them a visit, i saw few unlocked phones and decided to go with samsung i9100. i saw the phone before. i asked them why is your phone price is so lower than other places. but i was convinced because the package was samsung sealed. so the transaction went smooth. would buy from them again. good prices. "

"Oh my God! I got my Nokia N9. amazing. I would say much better than 4S. So many applications and so many new features. Very thin with high definition video. Other awesome features. I am still playing with it. I think my early gift for this year. Electroprise was good. I paid for ground shipping and i got the next day....hahaa.. I guess I'm in new york as well. Customer service is good, jay helped me place the order. Definitely the price is really good. first i could not beleive it, i think i gotta good deal...i'm happy...oh PS> N9 has a gorilla glass so if I drop my phone it will not break unlike iphone where you have pay $130 to fix it. ...hate that ...happened to me twice with iphone 3G(s)....."

"bad customer service, the worth , i ordered 3 phones from them and paid for 2nd day shipping, 4 days later and the phones didn't arrive, when i called to see what's keeping my phones they told me it was back order (didn't say anything on my invoice).
i asked to speak with a manger , the sales person put me on hold and then drop the call.
this company is a fraud , do not buy from them.

"I purchased a BB Bold9700 from these people and immidiately became a disaster after 10 days of purchase. Phone stop coming on. I sent the phone back to them to get it replace or reprogramed. after 3 months later they sent the phone back with a letter that saying that can not be reprogrammed since the phone is refurbished by china and don't have any record of the phone in their data base. I was freaked out after hearing that from them. I cursed the hack out of them and tell him we won't be having business with you crazy people. I asked him immidiately then what is the imei # that was originaly sent to us? then he couldn't tell me what it is. He keeps saying that "I will let you know later on" I asked him "why can't you tell me right now when you are at your desk in front of the computer so check into your data base and tell me now."
He kept on repeating " I'll let you know later" They prolly deleted my invoice already...
He prolly was gonna make something up later on and tell me that I replace the phone with broken one... sneaky arabians...
I'll tell all my buddies in cellphone business that DO NOT buy from these people. They are really not reliable and have no after service. I just refunded $400 to my customer and now I gotta tell my boss what happened and I'm pissed off.

"I purchased a product and the next day i went to check if it shipped and it read (cancel). I never received an order confirmation or a cancelation notice. I called to check and they said it was not in stock. They never offered alternatives. Now a week later I checked my credit card and it was comprimised. Never again!!!"

"I got myself Apple iphone factory unlock. I was lucky enough to get my phone the very next day even though I paid for ground shipment. That is because I live in New Jersey and electroprise are from new york. I only requested Jay to ship the phone the same day. I was lucky and customer reps are pretty courteous and very replies to emails very quickly. I bought from them because i think they have one of the lowest price for this phone. I searched all over google. Price is definity key for my decision to buy this product from them. "

"BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! COMPANY CHANGED THEIR WEBSITE Name from exoticphone to electroprise to make more buyers into fool. the company will charge your card and most likely will never ever send you products, and even they do, they wills end you a CHEAPER CHINESE VERSION OF THE PHONE, I got a run around for an exchange for 2.5 months,
1st they never take ur f** callS will not reply emails

FORGOT TO MENTION, THAT they hung up on me the minute htey knew its me, the phone was for my sister in law and it was a big embarrassement for me, so regardless i dont want anyone to be in my situation ever wtiht these crooks cheaters. changing web name will not change your luck, u loosers!

"Do not buy from this company, they sell knock off, refurbished phones. This place is run by a crooked Bangladeshi named Jay. All the post you find online that praise the company are done by internal employees of the company. BUYER BEWARE, read the fine print on the site, restock fee for everything and all their phones do not come with a USA warranty!!!"

"My experience with these guys was good. I deal with Neo, he is a gentleman. There was little issue with color of my phone. I wanted a black one but they had silver one. Wind up getting the silver one but they gave me extra discount. I got additional discount from the coupon they posted on one fo the coupon websites. I want to buy sony ericsson arc from them. But it's going to be very pricy...let's see....I heard it's really nice phone. I will either get that or the samsung p1000 tab galaxy. "

"Purchased sony ericsson x10i. Price is good and shipping was pretty fast. I'm in New York so shipping was low for me. PHone is great and came with one year warranty from sony ericsson. Bought two year extended warranty. The phone is great. Much better than windows phone. Android phones are much better, dont' freez up. The phone it self is grea with friendly user. Touchscreen is awesome. supporse to buy the white one for my girlfriend on valentines, but ran out of cash. oh well, maybe next time (when I get married...lol)"

modified review This review was modified by mezba on February 17 2011 07:33:36 PM