• Evil Controller

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

"I've ordered from Evil Controllers before, a few years back, and got a 360 controller with just rapid fire. The controller still works great today, so I ordered another controller just a few weeks ago and their new design options are incredible. I made a custom PS4 controller with my name and splatter and the website just didn't do the controller justice, looks way better in person.

I've had the controller for about a week so I'm still learning some of the mods, but the main ones are super easy to use. Rapid Fire, Drop shot, etc. I just love seeing this company grow. every year they offer people more and more options. I hope I'll be seeing them around for years and years to come. Just seems like a great company. Positive experience all around, BOTH times.

Thank you, Evil.

modified review This review was modified by Jacobscott on March 02 2015 12:57:55 PM

"I have bought one in past. Worthless out of the box. Sent it in and it was repaired. Thought it was a fluke. Bought one for my Xbox one. Also garbage. Not one mod works. Spent five weeks trying to get ahold of someone. No one bothers with you. Worst customer service ever and terrible products. Highly recommend you get a different controller. "

"Have had absolutely no problems with them. Was a bit of a delay on shipping which was to be expected because there is an influx of customers in any business over Christmas. Overall I would highly recommend them."

modified review This review was modified by nofox on January 14 2015 03:58:19 AM

"Ordered a controller from evil controllers £103 , which came late ,but the real problem was a month later when I received another bill off Fed Ex (their courier)for £19.11 for duty/tax charges ,evil controllers did eventually get back to me ,saying this was unfortunate but out of their control . So I had to pay the extra but it is not made aware to you when purchasing from them but they do obviously no about it .Will not be going back"

modified review This review was modified by evilllama on January 07 2015 08:02:27 AM

"I will never buy from Evil Controllers again. Me and my boyfriend each got a controller from them, each one was over $200 a piece. After waiting almost a month to get our controllers, we finally got them. We got the controllers and they worked fine for a short period of time. Mine stopped holding a charge and then the mods would randomly turn on and they stopped turning on at all. His started developing problems with the mods not working correctly either. So we sent them in to get repaired. Since we got them back, his works pretty well, but mine doesn't work again. The mods have stopped turning on again. "

modified review This review was modified by wargirl607 on December 28 2014 08:55:16 PM

"I firmly believe that it's not what happens - it's how you respond to it. We had a potential ugly situation turn great thanks to Tom at Evil Controllers. They were put to the test and responded with flying colors.

Ordered controller on 12/6/14 and started to worry on 12/19/14 when I didn't even see a shipping notice. I called and did manage to get through and the gentleman said it was still in testing and would be shipped immediately so as to get there in time for Christmas. Shipping tracking confirmation received on 12/20 said it was shipped two-day on 12/20/14.

Missed Christmas (uh oh) but arrived on 12/27/14. Tested controller and LED lights did not work (uh oh). Spoke with Tom at Evil who put me in touch with the tech, Jason. Jason walked me through getting it set up and working until a replacement arrived. Replacement arrived on 1/5/15 and works great. Now will be sending the original one back.

To our surprise, along with the new controller came a care package including a bag, a nice travel case and some other Evil tokens. It was nice that they let my son keep the old, half-way working controller until a new one arrived.

So, yes, we missed our original plan of Xmas - things like that happen. However, Evil came through and more than made up for it. My son is happy as can be. Thank you, Tom (from Evil). Great customer service.

modified review This review was modified by vtsean on January 05 2015 11:43:08 AM

"Do NOT order! Placed an order on December 6th for my son's Xmas present and it will not arrive until AFTER Xmas. I really feel like they just take money and sit on it.
Thanks for ruining Xmas, jerks!

"I don't do reviews unless it really good or really bad. This one is REALLY BAD.

Evil controllers stink. DO NOT BUY. Spent over $100 for an xbox controller and now the left button won't work. I am an adult an wanted something nice to play with. Thought it would be better then old stock one. I would not give one to my kids now. Was going to be one of their Christmas presents this year.

Asked to fix it and they wont honor the warranty. What A joke. Do not buy these for your kids or yourself. They are junk. Just go to Gamestop and buy one used they last longer.

I understand things wear out but I barely used it.

"I am extremely upset! I ordered my controller for my 15 yr old bday present on his bday, 8/29/04. Was told on invoice it would take 3-5 business days. Plus I paid express shipping. It is now 9/18/04 and still not received it. Last week they emailed me saying it was a chip error and it would br sent out last week. Nope! I emailed them twice this week saying I want a full refund and haven't heard back. Tried calling their number on the website and it's not a working number. So ridiculous. Calling BBB!! "

modified review This review was modified by Jennifero on September 17 2014 11:10:23 PM

"Stole my money, made excuses of shipping errors, claimed they would fix and ship however the day they said came and went and the product was never shipped. I kept waiting final got upset because it been three times longer then their suggest processing time, I decided to ask for a refund go figure now they don't respond even after five days; still haven't received any word about a possible refund or the status of my product just a complete stone wall.

Don't call their phone number because no ever answers, you can reach them by email eventually when they get around to it about three to four business days for a response. Disappointed lost almost three hundred dollars and instead of them being understanding about my concern and wanting a refund, they just continue to ignore me. This company is a scam, robbers.

When I went to file a better business bureau claim my goodness they were rated an F, multiple issue similar to mine. This company is a scam, I would avoid it if you care about your money, because from my experience you'll get nothing but a cold shoulder and a stone wall for a reason.

modified review This review was modified by WhyuG on July 21 2014 04:01:45 PM

"I have had nothing but good experiences with these guys. They know a lot about customer service. For example, two weeks ago, my nephew wanted to get a new controller for Modern Warfare and Gears of War 3 because his bully of a friend "accidentally" broke it, we told Evil Controllers about it and they gave us a great deal and threw in some evil sticks in for free! Excellent service and the shipping as well also!"

modified review This review was modified by LiveLongandProsper on May 03 2012 02:16:32 PM

"I paid for my controller on 1/3/12 and still have not received the controller to this date! They say all controllers are assembled within 3-5 days. This is NOT true! Don't be fooled. It is now 1/16/12 and I have not even received as much as an email saying anything regarding my order.

When spending $250.00 plus on a controller I think the customer should at least be updated on the status of the order. I understand these controllers are custom and hand built but the lack of customer service its flat out unacceptable!

I called Evil Controllers and a young girl answered the phone who knew nothing about the product they sell and could not even give me a date when my order would ship. She couldn't answer any questions I had and was very snotty towards me. Now, I should cancel this order but, my son wants this controller so bad for some reason. I've decided to keep the order but if it was any other product I would have canceled it no questions asked. Maybe someday he will get this controller! Let this be a warning to all new customers!

Update: I still have not got the controller and have since I have emailed them. They have yet to respond to my email!

Share Evil Controllers's store rating

Evil Controllers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Evil Controllers is not a merchant member
Evil Controllers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!