• Etsy.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.54/10 1.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"Non-Responsive...order never sent and no way to resolve issue (does not accept phone calls or respond to requests for a call back)"

modified review This review was modified by rknox5 on May 19 2015 02:53:26 PM

"I am a Seller on Etsy, I am shocked by all the bad reviews I see., I have to say I also buy on Etsy and I have a few bad experiences as well, but overall, 90 percent of my purchase were 100 percent wonderful. It is a shame that a hand full of Bad Sellers have to ruin it for all the Top Notch Sellers on Etsy. I have over 710 perfect reviews, I deliver most of all my packages by Priority mail,within 1 business day of purchase. I have sold over 2216 items within 2 years and my goal i to make each customer happy at any cost!. I will do my best to make you happy, please people dont let a few bad sellers stop you from coming to Etsy., stop by my shop www.etsy.com/shop/cottoncreekcotage and see what can be a great experience. I sell Vintage Transferware, Dinnerware,Linens and Primitives.

modified review This review was modified by cottoncreekcottage on May 11 2015 12:22:16 PM

"Closed my shop without warning!!! No return email or call. There is no phone line that lets you talk to a person, only directs you to there help on website. All the items are over priced. I was making money selling my items for a reasonable price. Was I not making enough money for them? I hope etsy closes its door!!!! I truly wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt but am so sad I did! Just look at their ratings all over the web THERE HORRIBLE!"

modified review This review was modified by Cafecases on April 29 2015 04:30:31 PM

"I LOVE LOVE LOVE ETSY!!! My wedding couldn't have been done without etsy. Want cute little paper hearts to scatter around? Etsy! Want colored non allergic fake flowers that almost look real?!?!? Just Etsy! I am a firm believer in Etsy, if you can't tell. Cute crafts, cute ideas, just flat out cute. "

"I ordered a ring for my daughter's friend as a present. That was on 24.12.14. I have still not received it. The seller has ignored the emails I have sent to him. I will never use etsy again "

modified review This review was modified by dusk58 on February 28 2015 04:18:33 PM

"No protection against fraud. I bought a necklace for one of my bridesmaids from "Sharies." The necklace came broken, and when I returned it she was rude bordering on cruel and she:
1) denied it was broken
2) Told me that it was my fault if the necklace was broken because she posted an image of it
3) Told me that I did not know how the clasp worked and that's why I thought it was broken
4) Told me if it was broken, the mistake happened in shipping
5) Told me there was no possibility of returns and I should have thought of that before I bought a necklace from her
6) Told me I had no recourse for reporting internet fraud because she clearly states on her Etsy page that she accepts NO RETURNS
I can see why

modified review This review was modified by AstaKula on February 18 2015 03:41:37 PM

"i never recieved my order;the seller nor etsy respond to my emails;;they basically just stole my money!"

modified review This review was modified by mandysmith123 on February 01 2015 11:07:10 PM

"This worst company online. Stay away. This review comes from a seller on Etsy. I have been selling antiques on Etsy since 2012. They have something called "Direct checkout". Etsy holds your money for 5 working days. This is how they make money on our money. I closed my shop and Etsy continues to bill me.
Stay away.

modified review This review was modified by Hillarysantiques on February 01 2015 12:51:21 PM

"I see a lot of teed off customers from etsy.com customers. Well, I have had a real bad experience to from some dishonest woman who calls her shop The Vintage Junk Queen. I have appealed to Etsy but I don't expect to get any assistance. They have blocked me so I can't say anything negative about that purchase.

That shows me that Etsy has no interest in the customers of Etsy, After going to 3 different sites and seeing page after page of complaints about Etsy, I was wondering if we might get a class action suite going, I would really like to see that lying woman who jipped me for 48.50 get some heat. If any are interested in giving Etsy some pay back please write me at pfeifferje@aol.com. I refuse to have my money taken and be told there is nothing I can do about it. I am going to take all options I can find including the FCC, All BBB's and the starte attorney generals or whatever. But first, it might be good to try and hurt Etsy's purse strings a bit. I think I have seen enough conplanits about jipped customers for a class action suite.

"Modernmama from Etsy worst customer service ever! They shipped my wife's order to the wrong address (they mixed our old and new) address and then blamed everything on my wife. We will never purchase from their site again. When you pay $300 you expect a minimum amount of service, Lindsey almost meets the minimum but not quite."

modified review This review was modified by Hodgesck on January 02 2015 08:59:02 PM

"Made an order paid over £26 for the item plus over £10 postage! Looked at the first drop down box which doesn't state anything about custom or handling fees by postal services. The package arrived at the post Office Depot and they wanted a further £5.10 for customs charges and £8 handling fee.

Kept receiving the same fob off emails from so called customer services at etsy and the seller StephenEdwardGraphics sends replies that are curt and petulant not taking any responsibility the lack of information or informing customers that you will be charged double the postage fee which takes the postage fee to the same price as the product I bought.

Etsy offered me £15 off my next order but would probably end up paying double to price so I have declined this offer.

By the way the director in the Uk is on maternity leave and her deputy's don't reply to emails either.

Poor, poor, poor!!!

modified review This review was modified by Idw30 on December 22 2014 07:08:43 AM

"the seller sending the wrong item and i have to wait another week and never return respond my message only 2x."

modified review This review was modified by leung7526 on December 18 2014 08:25:24 PM

"I bought a necklace with a pendant from Etsy.com and followed the tracking of the package through their "tracking tool". The package was supposed to be delivered, but I NEVER GOT IT. I am now left with a debit to my account, nothing to show for it, a sister without a birthday gift, and no one willing to help me, or taking responsibility for it. All my efforts trying to locate my package have been truncated. The post office told me exactly the same thing Etsy did. Records show they "delivered" the package, and they can't do anything about it.

There should at least be a warning on their website, for the clients to be aware that even though they can TRACK their packages, Etsy will not be responsible for lost packages. Clients spend their hard-earned money on their merchandise. The "tracking your package tool" is VERY misleading, and gives the clients a false sense of security. I am so very disappointed with their service!

modified review This review was modified by mipis1277 on December 02 2014 08:04:43 AM

"Etsy do not help when things go wrong. While they'll send you many e-mails, they won't do anything to help if you have a problem with a seller (and won't let you post a review after they're done with the e-mails.) I got a wrong size ring from Kristinelily, sent it back, never got a refund or an apology. I wouldn't recommend Etsy or Kristinelily. "

modified review This review was modified by Mathilde7 on December 31 2014 03:42:58 AM

"I recently bought a leather bound journal from an Etsy shop. When it arrived, I was horribly disappointed in the quality. It was some cheap imitation leather. The image on it was already wearing off around the edges. I asked the seller if I could return it, and initially he said yes. But, once I put it in the mail back to him, he disappeared. After multiple unanswered messages, I finally left a candid 1 star review for the purchase and opened cases against him both on Etsy and PayPal. The seller contacted me right away after I posted the review, demanding I delete it or he would not refund my money. Anyway, PayPal took care of what Etsy did not, and refunded it. However, I was very surprised to find when I went back on Etsy that the review on that purchase had disappeared. I contacted Etsy asking why it had been deleted, as it was an honest review. They sent me back a message saying that while they "realized the seller had initiated the exchange about deleting the review or else no refund, but it violated their anti-extortion policies." It went on to say they would take action against my account if I used reviews "again in this way." So basically, this guy is selling cheap crappy journals at a premium price, keeping money from products returned, and then HE blackmailed ME demanding I delete an honest review or else he wouldn't refund my money and I have Etsy threaten ME with action against my account?! How does that make sense?! Talk about victim-blaming! What a horrible, horrible company. I will NEVER buy on etsy again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by AnonymousA on November 18 2014 10:43:17 AM

Share Etsy.com's store rating

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!