Stores > Etsy.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review Etsy.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-16

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"Etsy has no buyer proctection! I purchased an item that came not as described. When I attempted to discuss it with the Seller, she REFUSED to refund me. I had to open a claim to have an Etsy administrator get involved to force the seller to refund me the money. I was told to send the item back and provide proof or return shipping. I did that, and never received my money back!!!!!!!!! Therefore the seller has her item, the money and I have nothing. I WILL NEVER BUY OFF ETSY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2017-07-24

Ridiculous Treatment

" I tried to open an account with Etsy, and guess what? They shut down my account without giving me any reason and just said that I violated their policies. What policies? And what evidence did they have against me? Was it because Im Asian?

I asked for an appeal, and they said despite me complying to their regulations, they still think I will violate their terms. Now I clap for you, Etsy. It's like you are judging me? Hey, listen up Etsy. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE ME AND I DID NOTHING WRONG.

I Hope I Can Share Some Light On How Etsy Is Treating Me With Some Unheard Policies and Serving Me The Death Sentence Without Trial.

2017-07-22

I Got ripped off!!

"Absolutely the worst Customer service experience of my life!! I purchased a wreath from Dee's Custom Wreath for $68 including shipping. I put up the wreath at my front door which has a storm door. After a few weeks I noticed that the wreath has faded tremendously! I sent Dee's Custom Wreath and email and they stated that since it was in the sun they can not do anything for me!! Not a refund, replacement, 20% off next purchase, NOTHING!!! She stated they do not offer any refunds at all!! So I contacted Etsy thinking they are a pretty big company, they got to help right???? WRONG!!! I followed the procedure and within a week Etsy contacted me and stated that it's up the seller discretion and it's a used product and they can not return used products. Really? Your kidding me right? I got to be dreaming? Nope, I spoke to the manger she repeatedly stated that Etsy will not take back any product that is used! so I guess 2-3 weeks is considered used to Etsy? So pretty much I threw $68 down the drain! So let me get this straight I bought a wreath that lasted less then 3 weeks and I can't return it, exchange it, or get anything back for it? Please whatever you do, DONOT order from Etsy or Dee's Costume Wreath"

2017-07-22

Ripped off

"Never received my purchase never heard back from the seller or Etsy after contacting them eight times I just want a refund.."

2017-07-19

Never ever open a shop on etsy

"Etsy is an abusive company that may close your shop whenever they want, without explanation. Meanwhile,they let re-sellers stay there even if you flag them and report them. I had no open cases, no bad reviews. They shut me down because my gf was logging to her account (no stores, just shopping) from my PC and home. They did not explain anything, they did not let me explain anything, they did not say what was wrong in the first place and just shut me down. Later my gf contacted them about her account and that was their explanation. When you are honest and small business, they do not care about you. Probably you do not bring ebough money in etsy fees. Please, save your time, energy and money. Go shop and sell elsewhere."

2017-07-10

Rip off

"I paid money for a product that never showed. They gave me a tracking number and come to find out its not a tracking number at all. I'm suing them for fraud "

2017-06-16

NOT SURE ETSY IS SOMETHING ANYONE SHOULD CONSIDER OUTSIDE THEIR COUNTRY.

"THIS IS THE ITEM I HAD ORDERED BACK IN MARCH. TO DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE ITEM. I CONNECTED WITH PAYPAL AND APPARENTLY THE SELLER NO LONGER HAS A LINK TO THEIR WEBSITE. THOUGH, I DID GO ON ETSY TO TRY AND FIND THE SELLER, THE NAME DUOSTEF https://www.etsy.com/shop/DuoStef?ref=hdr_shop_menu#policies. I ALSO FOUND A MESSAGE AFTER I SIGNED IN FROM THE SELLER 2 1/2 MONTHS AGO, WITH NO FOLLOW THROUGH TO MY EMAIL WHICH WAS GIVEN. PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED, SELLER THOUGHT THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE TO TAKE A PAYMENT AND NOT TRY TO CONNECT TO CUSTOMER, AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH AN EMAIL WAS GIVEN. THIS REVIEW SHOULD NOT DISCOURAGE YOU FROM ETSY, JUST KEEP UP WITH ETSY MESSAGES, YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN IN FOR ISSUES, QUESTIONS, AND UPDATES FROM SELLER. I LIKE ETSY AND WHAT IT OFFERS, AND FULLY SUPPORT OUR CREATIVE BEINGS. THOUGH, I WILL IN THE FUTURE STAY WITHIN THE U.S. FOR ORDERS. THE ONE STAR IS FOR ETSY AND THIER LACK OF POLICY AND EXPECTANCY FROM VENDOR TO CUSTOMER.

THIS IS THE ITEM I ORDERED AND TO DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED.
Hand Stamped Personalized Thin Nickel Silver Bracelet. Men's Custom Leather Bracelet. Initials Date Nameplate Bracelet. Han$27.78
Item #249544671
Shipping$5.56
Total$33.34

cjm0602's Avatar

North Carolina
2017-05-05

Personal Experience

"I see some hard reviews of Etsy but I have not had those kinds of experiences. Every time I've bought from at person on Etsy,com my purchase arrived in great shape, sometimes with little sweet notes or extra items just as a "thanks." I have a hard time believing that some of the bad reviews are real. The last thing I bought was a little leprechaun hat for St. Patrick's Day, and it was perfect. I shop here all of the time."

2017-04-20

Never received merchandise

"I never received the merchandise and ESTY staff is NO help.... basically there is no recourse with vendors. I wrote a negative review since I feel so taken advantage of and ESTY took it off!!! BUYER BEWARE. You will not get your stuff and you're screwed ."

2017-03-18

BEWARE OF SOPHIA NICOLI ON ETSY

"ORDERED AN ITEM FROM SOPHIA NICOLI. ITEM WAS DEFECTIVE. PUT A REVIEW ON SITE AND THE OWNER EMAILED ME, 5 MINUTES AFTER POST, ABOUT HOW I HURT HER BUSINESS. HERE WEBSITE STATES RHODIUM PLATED 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED BUT THE ITEM WAS DEFECTIVE, LOOSE STONE, SIDES OF RING TURNING YELLOW. SHE AGREED TO REFUND BUT STATED WOULD OUT OF TOWN FOR 2 1/2 WEEKS. WAITED TO SHIP BACK AFTER SHE RETURNED SO THAT THE ITEM WOULD NOT SIT IN MAIL BOX AND SHE TOLD ME REFUND WOULD NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL AFTER SHE RETURNED. CLAIMS SHE NEVER RECEIVED IT EVEN THOUGH USPS IS SHOWING IT WAS DELIVERED TO THE MAILBOX OF ADDRESS SHE HAD GIVEN ME. HERE IS THE EMAIL SHE SENT AFTER QUESTIONING HER:

Sender: SOFIA NICOLI Date: 2 days ago 5:13pm EDT

Message: I've been trying to be nice to you with no avail. The number without the carrier means nothing.Also you should be grateful to have a good person like me getting your no amicable messages and still trying to please you.
No one after 2 months would accept a ring back or even consider to refund it because I will never know if you didn't drop the ring and loosen the stone- I don't know if you took a shower with it or wash dishes with it so the silver ( which always turn color - some take years some don't but it's silver ) ... still Im here listening to you - bottom line I did not receive anything yet - show me the receipt of the shipping.

Also I will access the condition of the ring once I received.

2016-12-15

Want to become an Etsy seller?

"If you're thinking about selling on Etsy please be aware that, if you email with a question or concern (have to email because there's no phone number) and if you're lucky enough to get any reply in the following week or two, Etsy will send you an obviously canned and entirely unrelated response. If you write again they'll repeat themselves and tell you that they won't be responding again. If you complain in the community forum they will "muzzle" your account so your not allowed post messages. And if you express any further concern they will invent a reason to close your shop entirely, and keep any funds that were in your shop account. The internet it loaded with sellers and former sellers who have had similar experiences with this site. "

2016-11-29

Shop Elsewhere

"Shop elsewhere and consider yourself warned!!! I don't recommend ordering items through My Sister and Me Shop or any other shop on Etsy. This is my experience with My Sister and Me Shop. Please note the shop has no policies listed on its site. My children's coach ordered water bottles for their team in which each parent paid $15 for their player's water bottle. One of my child's water bottle was shipped with a missing decal. I contacted the Etsy shop, My Sister and Me Shop to send a replacement water bottle and they refused because of it being personalized. They wanted me to either apply the missing decal myself or go to the post office and package the bottle up and ship it to them. They did offer to pay the postage. However, since it was a quality control error on their part I felt that they should've replaced the bottle without any effort on my part. By the time I would've shipped the bottle back and received it back the volleyball season would've been over. Also, I don't see how shipping the bottle back and forth could be cost effect for the shop. I decided to not send the bottle back and just chalk my first and last Etsy experience as a poor one. I contacted Etsy for help and they refused to help because I personally didn't place the order through my account. I would've had to get the coach involved if I wanted to pursue it. Etsy only considers those that personally place the order a customer. So forgot about placing orders for teams or gifts unless you want to be involved if an issue arises. Then too, I am not at all confident that Etsy will provide any amount of quality customer service. I would recommend taking your business elsewhere where they appreciate customers regardless of who placed the order. "

2016-11-27

They deactivated my account for no reason

"I just opened an account and after my first practice to upload an item, they closed my account immediately. I emailed them to ask the reason and they even didn't give me any reason but told me if I open another account, they will close it also. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. Horrible!"

2016-11-22

Etsy **** ---> 9 year artist - only 5 star reivews - home studio art the only product sold.

"This lesson to share is for those just starting out --- do not use Etsy! They shut down shops without reason nor explanation and claim you violated some rule but can not tell you which rule as you likely did not violate any. I was a 9 year seller with nothing but 5 star reviews ...100% handmade work that is not easily reproduced.... One day I wake up - shop is completely gone! As if it never existed - I think a glitch and reach out -- No word from etsy -- eventually I get an email that one of my items violated policy. I ask which item/ policy as that made no sense to me as my work isn't even borderline. They wait days to respond and only say remove this item - no clear explanation. I remove it and they review me after a period of time and reinstate my shop with a threatening email - do it again and your gone. WHAT DID I DO!? No explanation. If after 9 years - something was shady - why didn't they reach out to me first? They literally erased me as I never existed? I will NEVER again sell one item on etsy - much to the dismay of my customers it seems. If you want made in china crap - go to etsy -- good luck if you have any issues because they are only about the money THEY get -- they do not care about sellers or buyers. Etsy is me me me company. If you don't believe me - just google etsy complaints. You build a base and they erase you and the base with the press of a button. NEVER build your empire on your neighbors card table -- she may need it back. Hopefully others learn from my poor lesson trusting etsy -- don't."

2016-11-17

Amazing Gargoyles

"The shop is called Hungate Sculpture. Outstanding artwork. High quality materials. Securely packed with care. Clear communication with the artist. He provides excellent customer service. I've shopped from about a dozen vendors on Etsy since 2015. I've never had a problem except with one mistake, and that jewelry seller quickly sent me a new item and a free gift. It's hard to fake reviews on Etsy, and sellers can't delete bad reviews (though they can respond publicly with a comment). Just read some of the reviews. You can even contact the seller with your questions before buying."

Share Etsy.com's store rating

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!