Stores > Etsy.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-11-29

Shop Elsewhere

"Shop elsewhere and consider yourself warned!!! I don't recommend ordering items through My Sister and Me Shop or any other shop on Etsy. This is my experience with My Sister and Me Shop. Please note the shop has no policies listed on its site. My children's coach ordered water bottles for their team in which each parent paid $15 for their player's water bottle. One of my child's water bottle was shipped with a missing decal. I contacted the Etsy shop, My Sister and Me Shop to send a replacement water bottle and they refused because of it being personalized. They wanted me to either apply the missing decal myself or go to the post office and package the bottle up and ship it to them. They did offer to pay the postage. However, since it was a quality control error on their part I felt that they should've replaced the bottle without any effort on my part. By the time I would've shipped the bottle back and received it back the volleyball season would've been over. Also, I don't see how shipping the bottle back and forth could be cost effect for the shop. I decided to not send the bottle back and just chalk my first and last Etsy experience as a poor one. I contacted Etsy for help and they refused to help because I personally didn't place the order through my account. I would've had to get the coach involved if I wanted to pursue it. Etsy only considers those that personally place the order a customer. So forgot about placing orders for teams or gifts unless you want to be involved if an issue arises. Then too, I am not at all confident that Etsy will provide any amount of quality customer service. I would recommend taking your business elsewhere where they appreciate customers regardless of who placed the order. "

This review was modified by Dimor on November 29 2016 02:39:48 PM

2016-11-27

They deactivated my account for no reason

"I just opened an account and after my first practice to upload an item, they closed my account immediately. I emailed them to ask the reason and they even didn't give me any reason but told me if I open another account, they will close it also. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. Horrible!"

This review was modified by annawhite1 on November 28 2016 10:25:59 AM

2016-11-22

Etsy **** ---> 9 year artist - only 5 star reivews - home studio art the only product sold.

"This lesson to share is for those just starting out --- do not use Etsy! They shut down shops without reason nor explanation and claim you violated some rule but can not tell you which rule as you likely did not violate any. I was a 9 year seller with nothing but 5 star reviews ...100% handmade work that is not easily reproduced.... One day I wake up - shop is completely gone! As if it never existed - I think a glitch and reach out -- No word from etsy -- eventually I get an email that one of my items violated policy. I ask which item/ policy as that made no sense to me as my work isn't even borderline. They wait days to respond and only say remove this item - no clear explanation. I remove it and they review me after a period of time and reinstate my shop with a threatening email - do it again and your gone. WHAT DID I DO!? No explanation. If after 9 years - something was shady - why didn't they reach out to me first? They literally erased me as I never existed? I will NEVER again sell one item on etsy - much to the dismay of my customers it seems. If you want made in china crap - go to etsy -- good luck if you have any issues because they are only about the money THEY get -- they do not care about sellers or buyers. Etsy is me me me company. If you don't believe me - just google etsy complaints. You build a base and they erase you and the base with the press of a button. NEVER build your empire on your neighbors card table -- she may need it back. Hopefully others learn from my poor lesson trusting etsy -- don't."

This review was modified by etsysucks on November 22 2016 08:27:43 AM

2016-11-17

Amazing Gargoyles

"The shop is called Hungate Sculpture. Outstanding artwork. High quality materials. Securely packed with care. Clear communication with the artist. He provides excellent customer service. I've shopped from about a dozen vendors on Etsy since 2015. I've never had a problem except with one mistake, and that jewelry seller quickly sent me a new item and a free gift. It's hard to fake reviews on Etsy, and sellers can't delete bad reviews (though they can respond publicly with a comment). Just read some of the reviews. You can even contact the seller with your questions before buying."

This review was modified by maggie1984 on November 17 2016 07:57:43 PM

2016-09-01

Buyer = Better Off on EBay

"Paid immediately for my item. Seller instantly marked it 'Shipped'. However, it took almost a week for the package to really get mailed. Seller provided all kinds of 'dog ate my homework' excuses. It is still en route, and who knows what will be in the package if it actually arrives. It is hit-or-miss with Etsy sellers. You cannot buy with the confidence that you can on EBay. "

This review was modified by MoHonduras on September 05 2016 07:46:10 PM

2016-05-13

this site is awful

"No customer support for issues if there is one. No traffic. No sales for weeks at a time. Go elswhere if you have to sell online. I mentioned doing a chargeback and etsy cut off my traffic."

2016-02-17

Could give 0 stars if I could

"Bought an item for around £90, which I realised was fake after it had been shipped. Started a case which took Etsy 5 days to respond to, their response was very half arsed and it was clear that they didn't even bother to read my case comment properly. Regardless I responded to it straight away, it's been 2 days and I still haven't heard from them.

Avoid this site at all costs since it is saturated with counterfeit goods, there are many better sites out there with genuine goods and actual customer support, not the absolutely trash service offered by Etsy, who favour the sellers rather than the buyers. I wouldn't even call what they have customer 'service', since it is anything but.

Awful.

This review was modified by a125 on February 17 2016 02:28:33 PM

2016-02-08

First time trying etsy, and last time...

"I know so many people who buy on this kind of websites that I wanted to try but one more time I have been disappointed by bad quality products and reliable sellers. Some people think that these websites are the future but for me they are the past !"

2016-01-14

I had an amazing experience on etsy but do see how others might be different

"I can understand why people get frustrated with etsy sellers. There is no "standard" and it is up to the seller itself to prove they're worth the money!

Luckily my first experience on etsy was good (www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMelissa). I bought a healing crystal necklace. Great seller and awesome customer service.

I will continue to use the service until I have a bad experience.

This review was modified by farm2go on January 14 2016 12:23:56 PM

2016-01-11

Fantastic for gifts

"I've found the website to be an excellent place to look for unique gifts and support independent creators. My experiences have been positive but you obviously have to to expect differences with postage and quality due to the nature of the site and thousands of different sellers."

2015-12-29

"I ordered a sweater from etsy and never received the sweater or a refund...I also paid through paypal and they were no help either...I am done with etsy and paypal."

This review was modified by kwoondingy on December 29 2015 06:39:07 AM

2015-12-21

"We ordered 2 coffee cups that the seller stated were made in China and the seller in Pennsylvania added the custom printing; they arrived each with a single chip on the very bottom and with several obvious blemishes in each cup. This service offers products from many small. independent resellers and without any ratings for the seller or the products allowed by purchasers. After purchasing these cups from a 'store' with the word JUNK in the name, we feel quite foolish because as the name clearly stated, and this service Etsy showed clear a absence for customer feedback, I cannot recommend Etsy for any purchasing consideration. BTW, the seller did refund all but my return postage for the 2 cups."

2015-12-14

"QUESTION: Does anyone know anything about BestPersJewelry? It is out of ISREAL. Is there a list of the good and bad sellers on Etsy. Etsy is just the middleman. It is the individual stores that are having the problems. I would love to know WHICH SELLER to purchase from"

This review was modified by konagal on December 14 2015 05:45:29 PM

sampniad's Avatar

los angeles
2015-12-12

"i bought a Faux Fur Area Rug
Just received it ontime and I like it so much , It's so cute, soft and comfy

2015-12-01

"I bought from louisagallery and received a shoddy ring of poor craftsmanship.

I held it for a couple months upon receiving and then proposed to my girlfriend. The gem popped out of its setting after 4 days. A local jeweler told me it was terrible quality and poorly made. Parts of it would have to be rebuilt.

After contacting the etsy seller, louisagallery told me I was out of luck and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Etsy has absolutely no recourse.. and no contact info

Share Etsy.com's store rating

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!