Stores > Etsy.com

• Etsy.com

2016-09-01

Buyer = Better Off on EBay

"Paid immediately for my item. Seller instantly marked it 'Shipped'. However, it took almost a week for the package to really get mailed. Seller provided all kinds of 'dog ate my homework' excuses. It is still en route, and who knows what will be in the package if it actually arrives. It is hit-or-miss with Etsy sellers. You cannot buy with the confidence that you can on EBay. "

This review was modified by MoHonduras on September 05 2016 07:46:10 PM

2016-05-13

this site is awful

"No customer support for issues if there is one. No traffic. No sales for weeks at a time. Go elswhere if you have to sell online. I mentioned doing a chargeback and etsy cut off my traffic."

2016-02-17

Could give 0 stars if I could

"Bought an item for around £90, which I realised was fake after it had been shipped. Started a case which took Etsy 5 days to respond to, their response was very half arsed and it was clear that they didn't even bother to read my case comment properly. Regardless I responded to it straight away, it's been 2 days and I still haven't heard from them.

Avoid this site at all costs since it is saturated with counterfeit goods, there are many better sites out there with genuine goods and actual customer support, not the absolutely trash service offered by Etsy, who favour the sellers rather than the buyers. I wouldn't even call what they have customer 'service', since it is anything but.

Awful.

This review was modified by a125 on February 17 2016 02:28:33 PM

2016-02-08

First time trying etsy, and last time...

"I know so many people who buy on this kind of websites that I wanted to try but one more time I have been disappointed by bad quality products and reliable sellers. Some people think that these websites are the future but for me they are the past !"

2016-01-14

I had an amazing experience on etsy but do see how others might be different

"I can understand why people get frustrated with etsy sellers. There is no "standard" and it is up to the seller itself to prove they're worth the money!

Luckily my first experience on etsy was good (www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMelissa). I bought a healing crystal necklace. Great seller and awesome customer service.

I will continue to use the service until I have a bad experience.

This review was modified by farm2go on January 14 2016 12:23:56 PM

2016-01-11

Fantastic for gifts

"I've found the website to be an excellent place to look for unique gifts and support independent creators. My experiences have been positive but you obviously have to to expect differences with postage and quality due to the nature of the site and thousands of different sellers."

2015-12-29

"I ordered a sweater from etsy and never received the sweater or a refund...I also paid through paypal and they were no help either...I am done with etsy and paypal."

This review was modified by kwoondingy on December 29 2015 06:39:07 AM

2015-12-21

"We ordered 2 coffee cups that the seller stated were made in China and the seller in Pennsylvania added the custom printing; they arrived each with a single chip on the very bottom and with several obvious blemishes in each cup. This service offers products from many small. independent resellers and without any ratings for the seller or the products allowed by purchasers. After purchasing these cups from a 'store' with the word JUNK in the name, we feel quite foolish because as the name clearly stated, and this service Etsy showed clear a absence for customer feedback, I cannot recommend Etsy for any purchasing consideration. BTW, the seller did refund all but my return postage for the 2 cups."

2015-12-14

"QUESTION: Does anyone know anything about BestPersJewelry? It is out of ISREAL. Is there a list of the good and bad sellers on Etsy. Etsy is just the middleman. It is the individual stores that are having the problems. I would love to know WHICH SELLER to purchase from"

This review was modified by konagal on December 14 2015 05:45:29 PM

sampniad's Avatar

los angeles
2015-12-12

"i bought a Faux Fur Area Rug
Just received it ontime and I like it so much , It's so cute, soft and comfy

2015-12-01

"I bought from louisagallery and received a shoddy ring of poor craftsmanship.

I held it for a couple months upon receiving and then proposed to my girlfriend. The gem popped out of its setting after 4 days. A local jeweler told me it was terrible quality and poorly made. Parts of it would have to be rebuilt.

After contacting the etsy seller, louisagallery told me I was out of luck and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Etsy has absolutely no recourse.. and no contact info

2015-11-18

"Ive been trying to get some sort of response from Etsy after trying for a month now to get my money back from an etsy seller who charged my card, never sent me what i paid for and wont bother to respond to any of my emails. since the "call back" feature seems to diabled. all ive gotten are automated responsenses and one pre-scripted email from an admin who offered no help at all. in fact, it seems like im the one being treated as though i did something wrong and am nothing more than an annoyance to the company. there was a "case opened" over a week ago, to which nothing has happened with. and now im told that someone will check back in with me in a week, and that i need to give the seller time to respond. I should not to give this THEIF anymore time to ignore me, while they have my money in their bank account. the fact that etsy supports these theives is just as bad. At this point, the monetary value is nothing... the fact that i have been ignored while an esty seller has stolen from me makes me livid. i will never use this site again for anything. Their busniess practices are completely backwards, they make it impossible to communicate with anyone there, even when the law is being broken"

This review was modified by mirab5419 on November 18 2015 08:16:07 AM

2015-09-14

"Do not buy from "FromAppalacia". Terrible seller, lacking any curtesy and refusal to correct mistakes. "

This review was modified by Mary_mac10 on September 14 2015 08:14:18 AM

2015-08-24

"I had several RL issues hit me at once, which resulted in less than 10% of my Etsy orders being shipped late. Etsy said that since I had such a good record previously, they would put me on probation for 30 days to give me a chance to turn things around. During that time, they would hold all money I made, and it would be released upon successful completion of probation. I was encouraged to complete as many new transactions as possible because the more positive reviews I had, the better my numbers would be. Within the probation period, I resolved all the complaints against me, and completed over 200 new transactions without complaints. I earned pages and pages of 5 star reviews. Etsy then informed me that I had failed probation (?) and that they will hold my money for SIX MONTHS because someone else might file a complaint against me in the future. All of my items are shipped. Most have already received excellent feedback. There is absolutely no justification for them to hold my money. And by the way, they reminded me that my bill is due the first of next month. Etsy's website states that I can request a committee review of my suspension. I did so, but was informed that there would be no review and the agent's decision was final. Etsy obviously never had any intention of working with me and the whole probation period was nothing but their way of making as much money as possible off me before leaving me high and dry. "

2015-07-18

"Wonderful Sellers! Gorgeous e-Commerce Website Positive Feedback Review
An Educated Consumer is the Best Customer. A buyer shopping online has as much responsibility today as a seller since there is a system called Feedback. Companies are required to ask for your feedback but this doesn't mean that you must respond or have a field day by nit-picking because a certain high power is given to you. If a seller has all positive reviews, then this keeps the seller's reputation in place. This doesn't mean they receive more orders. But a negative feedback can ruin a person's life. Do you really realize this? Do you care? Are you a caring person? Behind the monitor are living breathing human beings and many are small business sole shop owners just trying to survive on the little extras they make selling online. Some sellers are just starting out and some are on social security. Smartphones only show the photo and title upfront even though after several clicks, there usually is a lengthy description which lists the condition, color, and measurements. Buyers need to Read! Assuming a product is exactly what a buyer in excitement anticipated it to be in their mind doesn't make it that product. Perception is different for different people. And if a buyer didn't carefully read the item specifics then should they casually give negative feedback and walk away? On some sites as ETSY even with positive feedback, some buyers think a decent rating of 4 stars is good enough. After all, no one is perfect. If a seller did everything correctly by shipping on time, and the buyer is happy then why not be generous? I have been buying and selling online for years with 100% feedback intact everywhere, and I still am frightened to death of a negative. The stress level of a seller is outrageous. Not only are small business shop owners; sellers, but they have to be professional in every aspect such as buying, producing, researching, photography, packing, shipping, copyrighting, customer service and promoting across the web for hours each day. Does a consumer need to be concerned? No, but understanding behind the scenes may calm down a frustrated buyer. Yes, there are large companies and corporations with employees that sell too. But on an large e-commerce website such as ETSY which consist of thousands of small businesses, it's helpful to keep in mind that these shops may have just one person doing everything, therefore patience and compassion would be very appreciated. Expecting a handmade product to be instantly created and look factory-made, or shipped next day and arrive immediately, or an antique or vintage item that has survived 80 years to be in perfect condition and perceived exactly the way it is in your dreams is unfair and highly unethical to give a negative because you didn't ask questions or bother to read. Kindness goes a long way not just for the small business owner but for the buyer too. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Share Etsy.com's store rating

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!