Product & services pricing Rating 4.55/10 4.55/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.68/10 2.68/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"This is just a place where anybody can start selling. It's overrun with chinese trying to appear like American resellers. I bought a length of metal bead chain. It took TWO WEEKS to arrive because it was shipped from CHINA! Had I thought I was buying from a communist country with no pollution laws, no human rights and a clear ENEMY of the U.S., I would have never ordered it. Worst of all, it was CRAP! When I handled the chain it left a kind of a residue on my hands that stunk! The other problem is that once I placed the order, I got a BARRAGE of emails asking me to open an etsy account. I WILL NOT be doing business with etsy.com again!"

modified review This review was modified by robotarmy on September 23 2014 05:35:38 PM

"Beware of doing business with a store on Etsy called KARMA ROX that sells vintage clothing. I was informed that this company only accepts money orders. I sent a money order in the amount of $178.00 made payable to Jan Brewer from Buford, GA in good faith that she would forward the shoes in time for my daughter's wedding. Her wedding was over a month ago and and I have yet to receive the merchandise or a refund. They claim the vintage shoes have been mailed twice and returned. I have provided an address to them 3 times! Excuse, excuse.... I been SCAMMED!"

modified review This review was modified by Gerricox on September 12 2014 05:11:28 PM

Etsy.com User

"I ordered 3 necklaces for my daughter to give to her best friends for graduation. I only received 1 necklace but was charged for 3. The necklace was tarnished and in poor condition. I can't seem to reach anyone for a refund. Do not buy from Etsy!! It is a scam."

Etsy.com User

"Basically when you buy on Etsy you are at the mercy of the seller. Which, if you have a scrupulous seller, is no problem at all.

In my specific case, I ordered a (most certainly not cheap) wallet for my iphone and after a couple months of very light wear the zipper totally broke. The seller said he would work things out with me and never did. My main frustration is that I cannot update my review for this seller!

"After two smooth transactions through Etsy, I was not worried about ordering 2 pairs of earrings from Janet Galla at TrinketsNWhatnots. When the earrings did not arrive after 2 weeks, I wrote to her asking where they were. Supposedly lost in the post. We had a cordial exchange in which I said I would be happy to wait for a new pair. Then she supposedly had trouble sourcing some stones. I still waited pleasantly, with good will. Then she stopped replying to my emails. After 3 emails, I made a complaint to Etsy and Paypal. But wait,You CANNOT make a complaint to Paypal after 45 days and Etsy after 60 days. This buyer strung me along, knowing full well that I would be impotent to get a refund--OR EVEN GIVE BUYER FEEDBACK--while I waited in good faith for my earrings. She robbed me of my money and both Etsy and Paypal will do nothing to back me up. Terrible terrible customer service from every angle. STAY AWAY!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by GillR on August 21 2014 05:32:55 AM

"I ordered this three weeks ago, and I was notified when it was shipped, and I had received a working tracking number to go with it. It left collections and went to the "outward office of exchange". That was nearly two weeks ago, and it hasn't moved since. Nothing takes that long, so I am very unhappy."

modified review This review was modified by Olivehead2323 on August 15 2014 06:52:17 AM

"They were very helpful and replied with in hours. This is my second time I use this website and havent been disappointed. Thanks again."

"If I could give Etsy negative stars, I would.

I helped my bridesmaid purchase a dress from the seller weddingdressgirl and had such a negative buying experience. After numerous delays and surprise charges for cash on delivery, I am left with no dress and have lost over $100 USD.

Don't trust online reviews from Etsy. Not only will you encounter problems with surprise customs fees that are not mentioned anywhere in conversations between you and the seller, you will likely never receive your item, and the seller will hold your money hostage until you give them a false positive review.

No point going to Etsy management to mediate the situation; they condone false reviews, stating that "you can change your review at a later time."

You will never see your money again, Etsy will not lift a finger to help, and you will only be left with feelings of rage and frustration.

This didn't just happen to me; it happened to a friend as well. Just a heads up.

modified review This review was modified by Mellee168 on June 20 2014 01:55:57 PM

"Ladies, Gentlemen: I am selling in different online stores and also have my own. First when I start selling on Etsy was a great experience, but through the years it is worst and worst. They suspend your account from one day to another with no prior notification. You need to document everything so they believe that you are telling the truth. I understand some people lie but not of us. I am so furious because they not only suspend my account they are requesting pictures of my work place. I send them to Etsy and they still asking for more things. I was thinking to make an affidavit that explain that everything is mine and I made my items myself.
A real bad, bad experience. I closed my accounts but still have that bad taste of "liar pointing". If you are a liar- you think all of the other people are liars too, right ETSY?

modified review This review was modified by HRY8490 on June 06 2014 04:54:43 PM

"We have waited a month before writing this review. On March 28, 2014 we ordered a monogrammed necklace for our daughter's 19th BD. In reading about the time to ship into the US, we were 5 weeks away. We received the lovely item almost two weeks after her BD on April 26th. The customer service is great with communications but not with delivery guarantee. Buyer beware! We won't use them again."

modified review This review was modified by Phil74au on May 24 2014 03:25:18 AM

"Purchased a $250 custom Disney cosplay/Halloween costume from etsy seller Sherryval (Imogen's Sherryval Etsy Shop AKA SherryImogen and ImogenVal) in Sep 2013. Sherryval agreed to ship costume in time for Halloween. After failing to ship the costume on the agreed date, there was no way it was going to arrive for Halloween. She never made my costume, lied several times about having made it/shipped it and after many delays and excuses eventually admitted that she had never made it and would refund my money. She told me she processed the refund several times and lied about why it hadn't gone through. (She never initiated the refund.) She stopped replying to my e-mails asking her for the status of the refund.

I found that she opened a new shop at www.sewsmitten.net. When I contacted her through the new site the seller was openly hostile and refused to refund me, stating she shouldn't have to foot the bill for my mistake and "buyer's remorse" (I paid her for a costume, never received anything) and that she does not do refunds?! Not sure how she would be "refunding me something she never sent, let alone made. As of Apr 2014 I still do not have my refund. My belief in her multiple lies caused me to be unable to report this to etsy, paypal or my credit card in time to initiate a chargeback.

Etsy can't help me because it went past the reporting period - I think this is a problem specific to etsy's allowing sellers to do custom listings. The processing time can take so long that by the time someone figures out they are being scammed it is too late to get $$ back from etsy, paypal, or their credit card companies. Etsy needs to put better processes in place for custom sales.

Discovered that this seller is now operating outside of etsy under several names, including Sew Smitten Commissions, Sew Smitten Creations and Sew Smitten Seamstress, among others. Even with insistence from law enforcement, this seller still refuses to refund my money.

modified review This review was modified by scammedonetsy on April 19 2014 01:51:57 PM

"I ordered some earrings "Rainbow Lightcaster" from Ornamental Glass via Etsy. I was very satisfied with my purchase. The earrings even surpassed my expectations. The photo on Etsy does not do these beautiful earrings justice. When I received the earrings, they were even more beautiful than I expected. Thank you, Ornamental Glass!"

modified review This review was modified by lauriesparrow on April 10 2014 03:42:09 PM

"I ordered letterpress business with printed edge from StudioFourThree on Etsy.
It came out with all mistakes (no edge printed and mis alignments, printed in size with bleed lines included! duh!) The seller charged me for replacement plates. The replacement took too long and when asked for status of my order he sent all the photos of his son going through surgery instead with hostile attitude. The replacement came out wrong again with not matching color of front and back although PMS color was provided to match. He responded that i can't judge the PMS color on screen?! I had emailed over 100 emails with this seller. he even posted my cards with my info on it on Etsy without even asking. I dont want my info broadcasted on this website for his own interests. He refused to remove when asked wont even refund money. Ive contacted Etsy for help. No progress whatsoever. Wasted money and energy. Dont buy from this.

modified review This review was modified by Monicaworld on April 09 2014 03:05:51 PM

"Amazing variety and true hand made items from great sellers."

"Ive ordered three shirts from tshirtsdepo on Etsy, on three separate occasions and have never had a problem. Each time my shirt arrived promptly, each shirt was high quality, and was exactly what I ordered. They have a lot of cool designs, so Im fairly certain Ill be returning for more t-shirts."

modified review This review was modified by pboldizar on February 21 2014 09:50:51 AM

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!