Etsy.com Reviews - etsy.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 28 reviews

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Purchased a $250 custom Disney cosplay/Halloween costume from etsy seller Sherryval (Imogen's Sherryval Etsy Shop AKA SherryImogen and ImogenVal) in Sep 2013. Sherryval agreed to ship costume in time for Halloween. After failing to ship the costume on the agreed date, there was no way it was going to arrive for Halloween. She never made my costume, lied several times about having made it/shipped it and after many delays and excuses eventually admitted that she had never made it and would refund my money. She told me she processed the refund several times and lied about why it hadn't gone through. (She never initiated the refund.) She stopped replying to my e-mails asking her for the status of the refund.

I found that she opened a new shop at www.sewsmitten.net. When I contacted her through the new site the seller was openly hostile and refused to refund me, stating she shouldn't have to foot the bill for my mistake and "buyer's remorse" (I paid her for a costume, never received anything) and that she does not do refunds?! Not sure how she would be "refunding me something she never sent, let alone made. As of Apr 2014 I still do not have my refund. My belief in her multiple lies caused me to be unable to report this to etsy, paypal or my credit card in time to initiate a chargeback.

Etsy can't help me because it went past the reporting period - I think this is a problem specific to etsy's allowing sellers to do custom listings. The processing time can take so long that by the time someone figures out they are being scammed it is too late to get $$ back from etsy, paypal, or their credit card companies. Etsy needs to put better processes in place for custom sales.

Discovered that this seller is now operating outside of etsy under several names, including Sew Smitten Commissions, Sew Smitten Creations and Sew Smitten Seamstress, among others. Even with insistence from law enforcement, this seller still refuses to refund my money.

modified review This review was modified by scammedonetsy on April 19 2014 01:51:57 PM

"I ordered some earrings "Rainbow Lightcaster" from Ornamental Glass via Etsy. I was very satisfied with my purchase. The earrings even surpassed my expectations. The photo on Etsy does not do these beautiful earrings justice. When I received the earrings, they were even more beautiful than I expected. Thank you, Ornamental Glass!"

modified review This review was modified by lauriesparrow on April 10 2014 03:42:09 PM

"I ordered letterpress business with printed edge from StudioFourThree on Etsy.
It came out with all mistakes (no edge printed and mis alignments, printed in size with bleed lines included! duh!) The seller charged me for replacement plates. The replacement took too long and when asked for status of my order he sent all the photos of his son going through surgery instead with hostile attitude. The replacement came out wrong again with not matching color of front and back although PMS color was provided to match. He responded that i can't judge the PMS color on screen?! I had emailed over 100 emails with this seller. he even posted my cards with my info on it on Etsy without even asking. I dont want my info broadcasted on this website for his own interests. He refused to remove when asked wont even refund money. Ive contacted Etsy for help. No progress whatsoever. Wasted money and energy. Dont buy from this.

modified review This review was modified by Monicaworld on April 09 2014 03:05:51 PM

"Amazing variety and true hand made items from great sellers."

"Ive ordered three shirts from tshirtsdepo on Etsy, on three separate occasions and have never had a problem. Each time my shirt arrived promptly, each shirt was high quality, and was exactly what I ordered. They have a lot of cool designs, so Im fairly certain Ill be returning for more t-shirts."

modified review This review was modified by pboldizar on February 21 2014 09:50:51 AM
N4AOF's Avatar
Louisville KY

"Site has its own "track package" link which provides fake tracking information. Their fake tracking information is formatted to look like a real US Postal Service tracking report, but despite the fancy USPS logo and excellent formatting, the information being provided by Etsy does not match the tracking information on the real USPS online tracking report.

I found the problem after an Etsy seller "Featherpick Fashions" took nearly a full week after the order had been placed and paid before Etsy sent me an email saying that the seller was GOING TO ship my order soon and providing a USPS tracking number. I have checked the tracking information on both the Etsy site and the real USPS website -- they both agree that the seller STILL has not shipped my package (more than a week after it was ordered and paid for), but the tracking information on the Etsy website is not the same as the real USPS tracking report

"I ordered 2 cell phone cases from seller Dealokshop on Etsy and only received one of the cases I ordered. The seller would not respond to 3 emails I sent (allowing for 48 hrs in between for seller to respond) until Etsy got involved. Unfortunately, Etsy blew me off about this issue as the seller had proof of delivery BUT there was only one item of the two I ordered AND PAID FOR in that delivery. After pointing that out to Etsy, both seller and Etsy will not return my communication.
I have used Etsy before with satisfaction but you only know how good a service really is when you have a problem and etsy failed there.
btw: The case I did receive was beautiful.

modified review This review was modified by 2bjoyous on January 08 2014 07:58:58 AM

"Do not give the seller the benefit of the doubt and wait past the 60 day time frame when you place an order. If you do, you will have no recourse to open a claim on Etsy or Paypal."

modified review This review was modified by Ewilliamson on January 11 2014 11:44:17 AM
Rating 4/102/5

"Etsy's feedback system is unreliable. Within the past year, they changed from a positive-negative-neutral system to a 5-star system. However, only new sellers' ratings are actually based on 5 stars. Longtime Etsy sellers had all of their ratings automatically rolled over to 5-stars when Etsy changed rating systems, so their ratings are artificially inflated.

Some Etsy sellers are great, but there are always those who overcharge for shipping, wrap badly, overrate lousy merchandise, and so forth. It's important to READ a LOT of each seller's ratings before deciding to buy.

Another bad thing about Etsy is keyword spamming. I cut-and-paste searches from eBay into the Etsy online search form, but because keyword spamming is rife on Etsy, despite much effort, I always have to wade through pages and pages of bogus listings to find the needle-in-the-haystack I am looking for. There are gems to be had on Etsy, but you REALLY have to have a lot of time to wade through the dross to find the few good listings.

Ebay has LOTS of flaws, but looks stellar when you compare it to the junk that gets listed on Etsy. I shop for vintage items ALL the time, and much prefer the deals and the treatment I get on eBay. Don't take my word for it, however, try eBay and Etsy yourself and see.

modified review This review was modified by become_diurnal on December 30 2013 05:06:09 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"Cool place to find one of kind handmade items. I recently bought a gold dipped ring on Etsy. The seller shipped the item so fast that I received my ring sooner than expected.

I bought my boyfriend a beautiful handcrafted leather wallet from Etsy as well. They have some really talented artist on their site. I will definitely continue to shop on Etsy!

"I am quite happy and satisfied with Etsy. I haven't bought much though....or rather I should say that I have till now bought hand made jewelery from one seller (myglitteringworld)

She is good and offers authentic stuff. Shipping too is on time, stuff is nicely packed and all jewelry comes in gift boxes (an extra bonus!!).

Her shop name is myglitteringworld and she also recommends few shops to buy other stuff like painting, paper decor, etc. Since shopping has been a good experience so i guess has some good sellers too.

modified review This review was modified by suhana1204 on August 31 2013 02:07:19 AM

"Too bad there isn't an option for ZERO stars, because that is what I give Etsy and their new "5 Star Rating" system. It is replacing classic feedback, in which a seller can rate a buyer based on their experience dealing with said buyer, as well as buyers leaving feedback for sellers. Now Sellers will have basically no recourse against vindictive buyers. And to make matters worse, buyers can change any reviews left for SIXTY days! These changes make me sick. If Etsy doesn't wake up they are going to lose a substantial amount of business, including mine."

modified review This review was modified by Salingercrumbs on August 26 2013 09:07:28 PM

"I've bought from Etsy on several occasions. You can find some interesting handmade or vintage items, but in my experience, even though about half the sellers are pleasant and reasonably professional, the other half are completely nuts. Late shipments (as in five or six weeks late), abusive emails and shoddy goods are commonplace - and Etsy really can't be bothered to sort out complaints.

Basically, you are dealing with high-strung wanna-be artistes, and you are on your own.

"Watch this video and pass it on explains the terrible treatment sellers have been experiencing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Hwl6Y9UWs

This is the same story I keep on hearing. Etsy has been suspending sellers accounts for years without any notice or explanation. Now this has to stop and the only way to hurt them is make the Attorney General in their state make them comply to have a real telephone customer service team. Bombard the internet and get the Attorney General in New York to make Etsy comply or be shut down. This company has no telephone service they have thousands of sellers who my law have the rights to speak to a real person about their livelihood. This company is even acting like a bank where they have their own payment processing and still no telephone customer team where you can ask a question about YOUR business. Something sounds very fishy all the stories from sellers Etsy has damaged without a moments thought the so called integrity team asking for the in's and out's of a sellers business and then still giving them the big heave ho when all the information has been given.

Attorney General and ask him why he is letting this Multi Million company in his jurisdiction get away with such bad business practices. Name and shame that is the only way these faceless corporations ever learn by denting their pockets. Etsy your time is coming and I will laugh my arse off when you cowards have to face your customers with no more hiding behind your computer screens.

File reports and ask others to do the same: http://www.ag.ny.gov/internet-bureau-online-complaint-form

I can describe building a business on Etsy like building a house on sand it will eventually collapse because it's build on a weak foundation.

modified review This review was modified by etsyisbad on June 25 2013 07:31:25 AM

"SHOp Owners be aware!!!! Etsy was A Horriable experience as a shop owner for me. I have my own website but decided to try etsy out to get more traffic!!! Biggest mistake I ever made! A customer complain and said item was not what they order and sent a discoloration of item. Etsy disregarded my return policy and refunded back the customer. It was bad bussiness. Shop owners be aware that your policy does not matter. "

modified review This review was modified by Urboutique on June 17 2013 06:46:59 AM