Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10

"the seller sending the wrong item and i have to wait another week and never return respond my message only 2x."

modified review This review was modified by leung7526 on December 18 2014 08:25:24 PM

"I bought a necklace with a pendant from Etsy.com and followed the tracking of the package through their "tracking tool". The package was supposed to be delivered, but I NEVER GOT IT. I am now left with a debit to my account, nothing to show for it, a sister without a birthday gift, and no one willing to help me, or taking responsibility for it. All my efforts trying to locate my package have been truncated. The post office told me exactly the same thing Etsy did. Records show they "delivered" the package, and they can't do anything about it.

There should at least be a warning on their website, for the clients to be aware that even though they can TRACK their packages, Etsy will not be responsible for lost packages. Clients spend their hard-earned money on their merchandise. The "tracking your package tool" is VERY misleading, and gives the clients a false sense of security. I am so very disappointed with their service!

modified review This review was modified by mipis1277 on December 02 2014 08:04:43 AM

"I ordered a ring from the Kristinelily shop on Etsy. After paying massive import taxes (would have been nice to know beforehand), turns out the shop sent a much smaller size, I sent a photo with a ring I already owned to show it. I was strung along and told to wait. When I eventually reported to Etsy, what do you know, my "case eligibility" had magically expired, along with my right to post a review. I've payed $ 105, and have nothing to show for it, even though Kristine Lily admitted she sent the wrong size, not even any excuse. My tip for consumers: Don't do it because they do not care when things go wrong and you loose your money with a 'thanks for your understanding'.

modified review This review was modified by Mathilde7 on November 26 2014 12:05:34 PM

"I recently bought a leather bound journal from an Etsy shop. When it arrived, I was horribly disappointed in the quality. It was some cheap imitation leather. The image on it was already wearing off around the edges. I asked the seller if I could return it, and initially he said yes. But, once I put it in the mail back to him, he disappeared. After multiple unanswered messages, I finally left a candid 1 star review for the purchase and opened cases against him both on Etsy and PayPal. The seller contacted me right away after I posted the review, demanding I delete it or he would not refund my money. Anyway, PayPal took care of what Etsy did not, and refunded it. However, I was very surprised to find when I went back on Etsy that the review on that purchase had disappeared. I contacted Etsy asking why it had been deleted, as it was an honest review. They sent me back a message saying that while they "realized the seller had initiated the exchange about deleting the review or else no refund, but it violated their anti-extortion policies." It went on to say they would take action against my account if I used reviews "again in this way." So basically, this guy is selling cheap crappy journals at a premium price, keeping money from products returned, and then HE blackmailed ME demanding I delete an honest review or else he wouldn't refund my money and I have Etsy threaten ME with action against my account?! How does that make sense?! Talk about victim-blaming! What a horrible, horrible company. I will NEVER buy on etsy again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by AnonymousA on November 18 2014 10:43:17 AM

"I had a shop on Etsy and as of yesterday it has been suspended as because they are claiming that I am somehow linked to this other Etsy shop that has been closed due to policy violation. From what I understand, based on Etsy's vague emails, this other shop has a few open cases that were opened up by angry customers before they were shut down. Etsy is saying that somehow my information (email and address) overlaps with the closed shop's account - whatever that means! So they want me to take care of the open cases before they can reinstate my account! The problem is I have no relation to that other shop!! I've stated this to them numerous times already and in my last email I asked them to show me a screenshot or something so that I can see if someone has committed fraud and used my information without my knowledge. It all sounds very fishy to me and Etsy has been very, very evasive.. It is very frustrating because I am being wrongly accused of being this other person, and they have suspended my account until I can get this sorted out. They are not giving me any help whatsoever. Their customer service sucks! When they do respond, they are evasive and vague. I have lost sales, all my time and effort putting up my listings, not to mention the longer my shop is suspended my credibility with my existing customers will be shot down. I would stay away if you are looking to open a shop with them. Read the reviews online - oeople's shops get shut down for no reason! Something needs to be done. They are a fraudulent, unprofessional company that should not be allowed to practice! "

modified review This review was modified by Etsy77 on October 21 2014 05:07:57 PM

"This is just a place where anybody can start selling. It's overrun with chinese trying to appear like American resellers. I bought a length of metal bead chain. It took TWO WEEKS to arrive because it was shipped from CHINA! Had I thought I was buying from a communist country with no pollution laws, no human rights and a clear ENEMY of the U.S., I would have never ordered it. Worst of all, it was CRAP! When I handled the chain it left a kind of a residue on my hands that stunk! The other problem is that once I placed the order, I got a BARRAGE of emails asking me to open an etsy account. I WILL NOT be doing business with etsy.com again!"

modified review This review was modified by robotarmy on September 23 2014 05:35:38 PM

"Beware of doing business with a store on Etsy called KARMA ROX that sells vintage clothing. I was informed that this company only accepts money orders. I sent a money order in the amount of $178.00 made payable to Jan Brewer from Buford, GA in good faith that she would forward the shoes in time for my daughter's wedding. Her wedding was over a month ago and and I have yet to receive the merchandise or a refund. They claim the vintage shoes have been mailed twice and returned. I have provided an address to them 3 times! Excuse, excuse.... I been SCAMMED!"

modified review This review was modified by Gerricox on September 12 2014 05:11:28 PM

Etsy.com User

"I ordered 3 necklaces for my daughter to give to her best friends for graduation. I only received 1 necklace but was charged for 3. The necklace was tarnished and in poor condition. I can't seem to reach anyone for a refund. Do not buy from Etsy!! It is a scam."

Etsy.com User

"Basically when you buy on Etsy you are at the mercy of the seller. Which, if you have a scrupulous seller, is no problem at all.

In my specific case, I ordered a (most certainly not cheap) wallet for my iphone and after a couple months of very light wear the zipper totally broke. The seller said he would work things out with me and never did. My main frustration is that I cannot update my review for this seller!

"After two smooth transactions through Etsy, I was not worried about ordering 2 pairs of earrings from Janet Galla at TrinketsNWhatnots. When the earrings did not arrive after 2 weeks, I wrote to her asking where they were. Supposedly lost in the post. We had a cordial exchange in which I said I would be happy to wait for a new pair. Then she supposedly had trouble sourcing some stones. I still waited pleasantly, with good will. Then she stopped replying to my emails. After 3 emails, I made a complaint to Etsy and Paypal. But wait,You CANNOT make a complaint to Paypal after 45 days and Etsy after 60 days. This buyer strung me along, knowing full well that I would be impotent to get a refund--OR EVEN GIVE BUYER FEEDBACK--while I waited in good faith for my earrings. She robbed me of my money and both Etsy and Paypal will do nothing to back me up. Terrible terrible customer service from every angle. STAY AWAY!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by GillR on August 21 2014 05:32:55 AM

"I ordered this three weeks ago, and I was notified when it was shipped, and I had received a working tracking number to go with it. It left collections and went to the "outward office of exchange". That was nearly two weeks ago, and it hasn't moved since. Nothing takes that long, so I am very unhappy."

modified review This review was modified by Olivehead2323 on August 15 2014 06:52:17 AM

"They were very helpful and replied with in hours. This is my second time I use this website and havent been disappointed. Thanks again."

"If I could give Etsy negative stars, I would.

I helped my bridesmaid purchase a dress from the seller weddingdressgirl and had such a negative buying experience. After numerous delays and surprise charges for cash on delivery, I am left with no dress and have lost over $100 USD.

Don't trust online reviews from Etsy. Not only will you encounter problems with surprise customs fees that are not mentioned anywhere in conversations between you and the seller, you will likely never receive your item, and the seller will hold your money hostage until you give them a false positive review.

No point going to Etsy management to mediate the situation; they condone false reviews, stating that "you can change your review at a later time."

You will never see your money again, Etsy will not lift a finger to help, and you will only be left with feelings of rage and frustration.

This didn't just happen to me; it happened to a friend as well. Just a heads up.

modified review This review was modified by Mellee168 on June 20 2014 01:55:57 PM

"Ladies, Gentlemen: I am selling in different online stores and also have my own. First when I start selling on Etsy was a great experience, but through the years it is worst and worst. They suspend your account from one day to another with no prior notification. You need to document everything so they believe that you are telling the truth. I understand some people lie but not of us. I am so furious because they not only suspend my account they are requesting pictures of my work place. I send them to Etsy and they still asking for more things. I was thinking to make an affidavit that explain that everything is mine and I made my items myself.
A real bad, bad experience. I closed my accounts but still have that bad taste of "liar pointing". If you are a liar- you think all of the other people are liars too, right ETSY?

modified review This review was modified by HRY8490 on June 06 2014 04:54:43 PM

"We have waited a month before writing this review. On March 28, 2014 we ordered a monogrammed necklace for our daughter's 19th BD. In reading about the time to ship into the US, we were 5 weeks away. We received the lovely item almost two weeks after her BD on April 26th. The customer service is great with communications but not with delivery guarantee. Buyer beware! We won't use them again."

modified review This review was modified by Phil74au on May 24 2014 03:25:18 AM

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!