Stores > Etsy.com

Customer service: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

2016-02-17

Could give 0 stars if I could

"Bought an item for around £90, which I realised was fake after it had been shipped. Started a case which took Etsy 5 days to respond to, their response was very half arsed and it was clear that they didn't even bother to read my case comment properly. Regardless I responded to it straight away, it's been 2 days and I still haven't heard from them.

Avoid this site at all costs since it is saturated with counterfeit goods, there are many better sites out there with genuine goods and actual customer support, not the absolutely trash service offered by Etsy, who favour the sellers rather than the buyers. I wouldn't even call what they have customer 'service', since it is anything but.

Awful.

This review was modified by a125 on February 17 2016 02:28:33 PM

2016-02-08

First time trying etsy, and last time...

"I know so many people who buy on this kind of websites that I wanted to try but one more time I have been disappointed by bad quality products and reliable sellers. Some people think that these websites are the future but for me they are the past !"

2016-01-14

I had an amazing experience on etsy but do see how others might be different

"I can understand why people get frustrated with etsy sellers. There is no "standard" and it is up to the seller itself to prove they're worth the money!

Luckily my first experience on etsy was good (www.etsy.com/shop/MysticMelissa). I bought a healing crystal necklace. Great seller and awesome customer service.

I will continue to use the service until I have a bad experience.

This review was modified by farm2go on January 14 2016 12:23:56 PM

2016-01-11

Fantastic for gifts

"I've found the website to be an excellent place to look for unique gifts and support independent creators. My experiences have been positive but you obviously have to to expect differences with postage and quality due to the nature of the site and thousands of different sellers."

2015-12-29

"I ordered a sweater from etsy and never received the sweater or a refund...I also paid through paypal and they were no help either...I am done with etsy and paypal."

This review was modified by kwoondingy on December 29 2015 06:39:07 AM

2015-12-21

"We ordered 2 coffee cups that the seller stated were made in China and the seller in Pennsylvania added the custom printing; they arrived each with a single chip on the very bottom and with several obvious blemishes in each cup. This service offers products from many small. independent resellers and without any ratings for the seller or the products allowed by purchasers. After purchasing these cups from a 'store' with the word JUNK in the name, we feel quite foolish because as the name clearly stated, and this service Etsy showed clear a absence for customer feedback, I cannot recommend Etsy for any purchasing consideration. BTW, the seller did refund all but my return postage for the 2 cups."

2015-12-14

"QUESTION: Does anyone know anything about BestPersJewelry? It is out of ISREAL. Is there a list of the good and bad sellers on Etsy. Etsy is just the middleman. It is the individual stores that are having the problems. I would love to know WHICH SELLER to purchase from"

This review was modified by konagal on December 14 2015 05:45:29 PM

sampniad's Avatar

los angeles
2015-12-12

"i bought a Faux Fur Area Rug
Just received it ontime and I like it so much , It's so cute, soft and comfy

2015-12-01

"I bought from louisagallery and received a shoddy ring of poor craftsmanship.

I held it for a couple months upon receiving and then proposed to my girlfriend. The gem popped out of its setting after 4 days. A local jeweler told me it was terrible quality and poorly made. Parts of it would have to be rebuilt.

After contacting the etsy seller, louisagallery told me I was out of luck and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Etsy has absolutely no recourse.. and no contact info

2015-11-18

"Ive been trying to get some sort of response from Etsy after trying for a month now to get my money back from an etsy seller who charged my card, never sent me what i paid for and wont bother to respond to any of my emails. since the "call back" feature seems to diabled. all ive gotten are automated responsenses and one pre-scripted email from an admin who offered no help at all. in fact, it seems like im the one being treated as though i did something wrong and am nothing more than an annoyance to the company. there was a "case opened" over a week ago, to which nothing has happened with. and now im told that someone will check back in with me in a week, and that i need to give the seller time to respond. I should not to give this THEIF anymore time to ignore me, while they have my money in their bank account. the fact that etsy supports these theives is just as bad. At this point, the monetary value is nothing... the fact that i have been ignored while an esty seller has stolen from me makes me livid. i will never use this site again for anything. Their busniess practices are completely backwards, they make it impossible to communicate with anyone there, even when the law is being broken"

This review was modified by mirab5419 on November 18 2015 08:16:07 AM

2015-09-14

"Do not buy from "FromAppalacia". Terrible seller, lacking any curtesy and refusal to correct mistakes. "

This review was modified by Mary_mac10 on September 14 2015 08:14:18 AM

2015-08-24

"I had several RL issues hit me at once, which resulted in less than 10% of my Etsy orders being shipped late. Etsy said that since I had such a good record previously, they would put me on probation for 30 days to give me a chance to turn things around. During that time, they would hold all money I made, and it would be released upon successful completion of probation. I was encouraged to complete as many new transactions as possible because the more positive reviews I had, the better my numbers would be. Within the probation period, I resolved all the complaints against me, and completed over 200 new transactions without complaints. I earned pages and pages of 5 star reviews. Etsy then informed me that I had failed probation (?) and that they will hold my money for SIX MONTHS because someone else might file a complaint against me in the future. All of my items are shipped. Most have already received excellent feedback. There is absolutely no justification for them to hold my money. And by the way, they reminded me that my bill is due the first of next month. Etsy's website states that I can request a committee review of my suspension. I did so, but was informed that there would be no review and the agent's decision was final. Etsy obviously never had any intention of working with me and the whole probation period was nothing but their way of making as much money as possible off me before leaving me high and dry. "

2015-07-18

"Wonderful Sellers! Gorgeous e-Commerce Website Positive Feedback Review
An Educated Consumer is the Best Customer. A buyer shopping online has as much responsibility today as a seller since there is a system called Feedback. Companies are required to ask for your feedback but this doesn't mean that you must respond or have a field day by nit-picking because a certain high power is given to you. If a seller has all positive reviews, then this keeps the seller's reputation in place. This doesn't mean they receive more orders. But a negative feedback can ruin a person's life. Do you really realize this? Do you care? Are you a caring person? Behind the monitor are living breathing human beings and many are small business sole shop owners just trying to survive on the little extras they make selling online. Some sellers are just starting out and some are on social security. Smartphones only show the photo and title upfront even though after several clicks, there usually is a lengthy description which lists the condition, color, and measurements. Buyers need to Read! Assuming a product is exactly what a buyer in excitement anticipated it to be in their mind doesn't make it that product. Perception is different for different people. And if a buyer didn't carefully read the item specifics then should they casually give negative feedback and walk away? On some sites as ETSY even with positive feedback, some buyers think a decent rating of 4 stars is good enough. After all, no one is perfect. If a seller did everything correctly by shipping on time, and the buyer is happy then why not be generous? I have been buying and selling online for years with 100% feedback intact everywhere, and I still am frightened to death of a negative. The stress level of a seller is outrageous. Not only are small business shop owners; sellers, but they have to be professional in every aspect such as buying, producing, researching, photography, packing, shipping, copyrighting, customer service and promoting across the web for hours each day. Does a consumer need to be concerned? No, but understanding behind the scenes may calm down a frustrated buyer. Yes, there are large companies and corporations with employees that sell too. But on an large e-commerce website such as ETSY which consist of thousands of small businesses, it's helpful to keep in mind that these shops may have just one person doing everything, therefore patience and compassion would be very appreciated. Expecting a handmade product to be instantly created and look factory-made, or shipped next day and arrive immediately, or an antique or vintage item that has survived 80 years to be in perfect condition and perceived exactly the way it is in your dreams is unfair and highly unethical to give a negative because you didn't ask questions or bother to read. Kindness goes a long way not just for the small business owner but for the buyer too. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

2015-07-03

"Don't ever use that website Etsy. If someone scams people they close down the account, but they don't offer a refund for their lack of due diligence or even notify you. They leave you sitting there waiting like an idiot. Then they tell you to go through PayPal in hopes that the waiting period has not elapsed. So let me get this straight, a claim is time sensitive and Etsy makes zero effort to notify you of a fraudulent account they had? Now I have no time to find a replacement in time. I'm not only out the money, but I can't get the item in time for my family event."

2015-07-01

"I have been selling and purchasing on Etsy for 1 1/2 years. As a purchaser, I've had one bad experience with a seller who never sent my items and quit answering emails. I filed a claim through Etsy and after a 2 week investigation, I was reimbursed in full. I don't understand why there are so many complaints about Etsy being non-responsive to buyers with complaints, as that has not been my experience. As a seller, I very clearly state my return policies, materials and metal compositions. I take many pictures to give the purchasers a clear idea of what it is that I’m selling. I stress on every listing that the customer needs to make sure that they give an accurate measurement when ordering. I make chokers, and this is imperative. I’ve accepted items for resizing even when the purchaser ordered the wrong size. At one time I did this for free, but now I charge a small fee for any needed materials and for postage when the original item I sent was made as was requested. My markup is small and for me to do this for free costs usually costs more than what I had made on the original sale. I’ve received two reviews stating that they feel my items are too pricey, even though my profit averages below $10 after materials, shipping supplies and an hour of my time. I'm not a big company who can buy materials in bulk at a substantial savings. I buy most of my materials from other Etsy sellers. I don't get angry over negative comments, but it can be quite disheartening when I make a real effort to offer items as affordable as possible. I’ve received a couple comments regarding slow delivery when tracking shows the item mailed earlier than the processing times stated in my policies, due to USPS issues, which I’ve addressed immediately. Normally I bug the USPS until the items are located or reship a new item. When it's not possible, I’ve issued a refund and took the hit, even though it was no fault of my own. I’ve end up in the red at times as my items are made of leather and leather is not a cheap material. 99.9% of my customers have been wonderful but, just like anywhere, there are those who are out to get something free. Example: I replaced an item a customer stated they never received, only to have the same customer come back months later, order another item, and state that they never received it either; even though the tracking in both instances showed that the items were delivered to their mailbox. I replaced both the items and took the loss. I’ve had a customer whose review stated that the item had glue spilled on the leather cord giving a grimy appearance and that it was too big. I contacted him, apologized for his bad experience, asked what all was wrong and if I had sent the wrong size. His reply was that he had ordered the wrong size; that there was glue spilled on the leather cord and on the focal making it look grimy; that the person he gave it to loved it and saw no problems; and that he is a picky person. The problem here is that I use a gel adhesive that doesn't run and I sent the right size; however his review implies that he received a totally nasty, grimy choker in the wrong size. I refunded his purchase price and postage even after he stated it wasn’t necessary, didn’t ask he return the item, and still all he left his review as is with the exception of adding that he was giving me back a star due to good customer service. When it comes to the items I make, I recheck and re-measure items repeatedly before packing for shipment. I have a large box of items at home that didn't look quite right to me when finished, so I remade a new item to send that met my satisfaction. People who’ve looked through this box normally can’t see any flaws on my self-rejected items, but I won't sell them if I believe there’s an issue. What people don’t understand is, just like when buying on eBay, they’re buying from individual sellers who have their own policies. Read the seller's policies/shipping times before buying. Just like stores in a mall, each seller pays for their own space and operating costs. Do you hold the mall responsible for having a bad buying experience with one of the stores? When buying handmade / custom made items, it takes time for the item to be made. Most of the sellers are a 1-2 person operation. There’s no rack or bin of readymade items or a shop full of mass producing employees, and they don’t have the major corporation advantage of buying bulk priced materials. I make every attempt to respond to messages within 24 hours. This isn’t always easy since I, like many sellers, have a full-time job as well. I enjoy and take pride in what I do. I’m sure I’m not the only seller like this. It’s not fair to judge Etsy as a whole for bad practices of a few. "

This review was modified by submissiveofferings on July 01 2015 01:37:33 PM

Share Etsy.com's store rating

Etsy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Etsy.com is not a merchant member
Etsy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!