Stores > Epic Sports

• Epic Sports

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

Customer Service is spared for the Price of the goods

"I ordered Richardson hats from you guys and the ordered was packed wrong from Richardson. The inconvenience will cause my team to receive their hat order late. I asked for the order to be corrected and it will be, however, upon notifying your customer service I was told that the only way I can get the hats on time will be to purchase another set, and the money will be refunded to me as soon as the incorrect set was returned...and the only reason for this was because other customers "burned" the company for not sending the returned order back...I am not happy by the fact that I, as a new customer, have to be classified and discriminated against because other done something wrong...if I have learned anything from my experience, it would be that Epic is not perfect as they not only have messed up my order, but other orders as well, and because other customers do not return orders, Epic makes all customers wait, and does not hold their vendors accountable for mistakes.

I should mention that I run a youth sports league in the upstate of South Caroline and I participate in a fairly decent network of administrators for youth leagues throughout the upstate of South Carolina, I also network very often with travel baseball coaches, academies, and other various programs throughout the entire state and I was recommending your site simply because of the prices...I have now found that there is no value placed on customer service, and therefore I will happily pay more for product at the expense of better service from another company. I will share my experience with ALL of my colleagues.

This review was modified by nothappy98765 on September 22 2016 12:36:19 PM

Do not buy; cheap and nothing in Stock

"My order number was #2052316. Ordered on March 14th; est delivery date of March 24th. Had to call them on March 28th regarding my order. Stated it was released for shipment. Next day find out two items on back order with an April 7th delivery. Everything else shipped on the 29th when they realized it was still on the dock in shipping. Called me the next morning at 7am with robo call that my order would be canceled unless I called them. Called back and my one item was delayed until April 20th. They offer to switch out to a like item. Once I agree they tell me I have an upside charge of the delta between the costs. Jo was not helpful at all; she should have just ate the cost for a five week delay. Never order from them, they do not meet dates and do not let you know when they are delayed. Cheap!!!!!"

This review was modified by fredstag on March 30 2016 07:49:49 AM

Do not Buy from this site

"These guys are horrible to deal with. They falsely advertise the size and uses for their merchandise. I ordered team soccer socks from my 6 yr old's soccer team only to find out the mislabeled these on the internet and send crew socks. They refused to credit my account the full amount. the charged a 20% restocking fee and they inflate their shipping costs and refuse to provide a refund. I was able to return the order to them for 60% of the shipping costs I received and it arrived at their site in 2 fewer days. don't buy from them. There are so many other great online retailers to chose from. "

This place is difficult to deal with

"My husband ordered 2 shirts and they were extremely large for size. I called customer service to exchange for smaller size. I explained that they were way larger than the size should be. They seemed to not care and said I would pay a restocking fee and return shipping. Do not buy from epic sports! "

Worst experience ever!

"I purchased gray baseball pants for my son's baseball team. It was the same brand, style, and color that I had purchased a year ago from a different online store. They came to me and had a lavender or pinkish tint to them. I asked my boys what color they were. One said purple another said peach. I thought they looked pinkish and my niece on a separate occasion told me they look lavender. Epic doesn't agree with me upon my return and are charging me a restocking fee and shipping fees. I'm out $30 for gray pants that ended up being lavender. I will never shop there again!"

This review was modified by heatherannfay on March 02 2016 01:05:37 PM

"I ordered jerseys and shorts. I ordered the same brand and the same color. They came in two different colors. I explained their mistake and they told me to to return them. Even though it was THEIR MISTAKE, I had to pay for return shipping and a 20% restocking fee.

That is just not ethical.

Also, the letters on the jerseys looked like someone bought a kit from Walmart and ironed them on... Horrible quality.

This review was modified by cjoyjones023 on February 05 2016 05:18:32 AM

SLOW shipping....EXPENSIVE returns/exchanges

"I ordered 12/10. Items arrived 1 day before Xmas. When I called a few days prior concerned about getting items in time for Xmas gifts, I was told my order stated not guaranteed until 12/27. I do not know ANY website that takes MORE than 2 WEEKS to ship. I needed to exchange the smallest item of my order, a pair of TINY volleyball shorts. When I called to exchange them, I was told FULL REFUND but shipping on new shorts would be OVER $10. The shorts were $22. Based on new shipping, I had to return them. Surprise!!.....The return authorization email I rec'd took fees off my return. When I called back because I was told I'd get the price of the shorts, the person answering took a msg & never called back. I called again & was told restocking fees apply. They refused to waive them OR charge me ACTUAL shipping costs. The shorts fit in a 6x9 manilla envelope with $2 postage for my return. NO WAY they cost $10.

Do NOT order clothes or ANY item you have ANY THOUGHT of ANY POSSIBLE exchange or return. After restocking fees & paying postage both ways....these shorts were cheaper at full price from Under Armour or any expensive sporting store near me. Original shipping on the order was $9.80 for 3 items totaling $72....including 2 volleyballs. It made no sense that they wouldn't charge actual shipping (rather than an up-charged shipping rate) on my new items. We really wanted the shorts. I went round-and-round with Michael at customer service asking for either a full refund....or actual shipping fees. There was no budging. I lost either way....if I returned or exchanged. I will NEVER order again & I'll advise my daughter's club volleyball team to do the same....all over a $22 pair of shorts.

This review was modified by Lisa102 on January 28 2016 08:52:15 AM

"This company is the worst ever. They are brokers who promised and earn a living off of re-stocking fees and shipping. They make promises on shipping and then blame customer. While they are sorry it didn't ship the day they said it would. They didn't make it right for the customer.
Therefore my 10 year daughter does not have a costume for Halloween this year. Do not buy from them. Stay away.

"I recently paid $21 to have my product shipped 2nd day air. When I received it a day late, they refused to refund me the money and told me that it was only an estimate. If that's the case, why do they offer 2nd day air. I would have never paid an additional $21 if it was just a chance I would get it. When customers pay additional shipping prices, they EXPECT to get it on the date it says. Terrible! I wish I would have read all the negative reviews before I made a purchase. It's amazing they are still in business with this terrible customer service. I guess they don't believe in the "customer is always right".

"Ordered soccer socks in their soccer section. Baseball socks arrived. Called customer service. They would not pay for return as "this is what I ordered". These were clearly baseball socks on the manufacturer's label. They were very thin and not soccer appropriate. Customer service Rep stated that I should have known they were this type of sock by the % nylon in the description. They were not at all willing to even acknowledge that they were misleading on their website. I would never use them again."

This review was modified by skispine on July 23 2015 07:08:49 AM

They sell cheap crap that is not the same as the website (smaller sizes, much lower quality), wait for you to return, then make a profit on the restocking fee.
I bought a $90 product, returned it, and lost $66 on shipping back and the restocking fee. Customer service is a joke. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

This review was modified by Jfranklin1217 on May 31 2015 08:28:28 AM

"I purchased a basketball net for my son thru Epic Sports. When I received the box, it was torn, with parts sticking out. When we assembled the net, the quality was so poor the item could barely hold up, let alone be used for its purpose. When I mailed this item back for a refund, I had to pay $45.00 to send back. Once they received it, I received an email stating that they would "Not accept the return" as the item was "thrown back in box" with "parts sticking out"--funny because that is how I received it! The customer service was unbelievable-so rude & uncooperative. I have no idea how this place is even in buisness!"

This review was modified by MichelleHerbert1 on May 19 2015 12:11:46 PM

"Ordered 5 jerseys, description said Jerseys will ship in 1-2 days add 3-5 business days for vinyl printing. When your order is ready they estimate delivery over 1 month away. Customer support says this is the worst case scenario. Guess what it is always worst case scenario. But of course if you want to pay extra you can get fast shipping for an extra $15 and another $20 for 2 day shipping. Of course this basically doubles the cost of the Jerseys.

Basically you have four choices. Pay more locally, where you can actually see the item and get it when promised. Pony up the extra money so you can get your items for the current season at the same cost you could have done it locally. Order the Jerseys for next years season (hopefully they will arrive in time). Or do what I did and order the items based on the info provided by EPIC and get the Jerseys when the season is over.

Of course customer support will come back and say you agreed to the Estimated delivery date (and throw in a few insults) even though it contradicts everything said on their website.

To Epic sports "Usually ships" means pay extra and we will do what it says. If you don't pay extra have fun waiting for your items

This review was modified by EPIC_Fail on April 29 2015 01:36:22 PM

"recently bought some outerwear from them, needed to return one item, they told me that there will be a 30% restocking fee plus I have to pay for the return mail.
will never buy from them again.

This review was modified by Okletech on April 17 2015 07:37:58 AM

"EXTREMELY disappointed with their return policy and how the customer service handled it. I should have read the other shady reviews before purchasing from them. NEVER again, lesson learned.
Be forewarned!!!!

This review was modified by epicfail on March 23 2015 02:37:18 PM

Share Epic Sports's store rating

Epic Sports is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Epic Sports is not a merchant member
Epic Sports does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!