• Epic Sports

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"recently bought some outerwear from them, needed to return one item, they told me that there will be a 30% restocking fee plus I have to pay for the return mail.
will never buy from them again.

modified review This review was modified by Okletech on April 17 2015 07:37:58 AM

"EXTREMELY disappointed with their return policy and how the customer service handled it. I should have read the other shady reviews before purchasing from them. NEVER again, lesson learned.
Be forewarned!!!!

modified review This review was modified by epicfail on March 23 2015 02:37:18 PM

"We ordered an extremely heavy piece of equipment, a rebounder net, for over $900. It was delivered in a truck (contracted shipper) with a lone driver with the box with stickers saying "do not attempt to move with one person." The box had a HUGE hole in it, which was likely to have damaged the net. The shipper did not take any responsibility for the hole , and tried to force us to take the shipment. We called Epic while the shipper was there, and Epic told us over the phone to accept shipment and open the box, because maybe it would be ok, but we knew if the box came off the truck it was now our problem, not theirs. It was clear to us that Epic wanted to make it our problem, and I believe they never would have let us return the net -- we would have had to find our own shipper and send it back to them.

We refused payment and they were very angry. They refused to give us our $900+ back on the item, and I tried to work with them over the next couple of weeks to no avail. They kept saying they were talking to the shipping company, which I really didn't care about, I just wanted my money back. So I had to turn it over to my credit card company to investigate. The credit card company was able to get my money back, thankfully. Just know that this company is very unethical and I recommend you do NOT order from this company, especially items that can get damaged in shipment.

modified review This review was modified by jnnnn on March 18 2015 11:32:23 AM

"I ordered a pair of breakaway pants from Epic sports. When they arrived there was a missing snap on the left leg. I contacted the 1-888 number and was told I would have to send a picture and they would have to do an investigation. When I explained I did not have time for that and I just wanted to return them, I was told I would have to pay for the return and a restock fee. Really YOUR GOING TO MAIL THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. This company is NOT about customer service and just wants your money. DO NOT USE THIS SITE."

"I got linked to this store by Amazon. I ordered snowboard pants, size Small. I then got a confirmation email with a # address that was wrong. I called and left a msg and emailed them right away only to get an email from Kristin 2 days later saying they could not correct it.

The pants arrived at my neighbors house and got a hold of it. I opened the pkg only to see a size LARGE. I ordered a size small!

I Called Kristin, the acting mgr whom I dealt with since the beginning and she said unfortunately they have to process it as a regular exchange with additional shipping charges to the customer. I explained that there was a glitch in their system because it was not coincidental that I entered the right address and the right size but got something different. She refused to do anything about it.

I highly do not recommend these guys at all. Seems like a store working out of a basement in KS. Do not buy from them. Read other reviews! I sure wished I did before I ordered. Very Shady!

Calvin
Professional Website Builder/Developer
5 year Snowboarder

modified review This review was modified by calvinochino on February 10 2015 01:46:39 PM

"I I have ordered twice, first the sizes were too large (4 soccer shirts), I gave it to someone else because as they were closeout not accept the return.( I ordered by his chart size.).
The second time order 5, (four were closeouts) only fitted me two, and of course the other two closeout were small and I have to do the same because there are no returns.
The fifth attempt to return it, here's the detail, charge a 20% stock up, that's a blatant theft.
No I ever order from these crooks and do not believe in so perfect that reviews they have on their website.

"I ordered two balls. They took money out of my account. They notified me that they only had one ball. They asked me what I wanted them to do. I replied via email to cancel order. They went ahead and processed the order for one of the balls anyway. I tried to reach them. I was left on hold with their customer support. I gave up after 35 minutes waiting. "

modified review This review was modified by shaggybeard on September 08 2014 04:41:37 PM

"I have ordered several things from Epic. Nothing I ordered ever came with any paperwork. No paperwork, no contact information, no return information. I thought this was unusual, but as long as everything was in order, I didn't worry about it. I just ordered several pairs of baseball pants for my son. None of the pants fit right and some of them were very thin. I needed to return them, but I had no paperwork or return labels. I had to go to their website to get contact information. Because life is busy, I didn't take the time to go to the website soon enough. When I finally had the time to go through the process, I was told that it had been too long and they could not issue a return label. I told them that there was no paperwork or information in the packages. One package had one piece of paper, but they said it was from the manufacturer, not from them, and I could not return the pants."

modified review This review was modified by Jenmistretta on August 14 2014 02:07:11 PM

"wrong batting
helmet shipped never got back to me as promised

modified review This review was modified by haney on May 02 2014 04:13:00 PM

"Really bad experience with EpicSports.com. Bought a wetsuit, tried it on, doesn't fit. Company won't accept returns. Heather in customer service claims wetsuits are, "considered swimwear, bodysuit." and therefore on their list of non-returnable items. Nowhere does it list wetsuits as non-returnable on their website, and no one refers to wetsuits as "swimwear, bodysuits." Others have had the same problem in the past and it looks like they haven't changed their MO: They just make stuff up to avoid taking returns. Lame."

modified review This review was modified by John-W on April 28 2014 08:26:06 AM

"HORRIBLE! Like many others on this site I've had a terrible experience with Epic. Wish I'd read the reviews before ordering! I ordered green sweat pants and sweat shirts for a team. Called to check on the color before ordering. When I received the order, the color was totally wrong.

I called to tell them it was wrong (and had a mad scramble to find the correct color somewhere else by our deadline!). They asked me to send a picture, which I did. They then said I should return them for credit, as based on my picture they were not what I ordered. So far so good, right?

But then, after they received the return, their customer service lady called and said that what I returned did not match the picture I sent! And that they weren't going to give me credit because they felt I'd received what I ordered.

This led to a long and circular argument with the customer service lady, who eventually at my insistence transferred me to her manager, "Rudy Garcia", who is supposedly head of customer service. His idea of customer service is apparently to be rude, abusive, and totally unhelpful. He actually said that his job was to enforce their rules and to not give credits, not to make customers happy. He certainly succeeded! I am very, very unhappy.

Avoid this place. They are bad news.

"I purchased 9 sports bras for my dance team in November, 2012. When I received them, two had dirt spots on them, one had a dark piece of elastic floating between the bra and lining that showed through the bra, and the third one looked like it had been drug across a dirty floor.

I instantly called them to complain. They told me I had to submit pictures of the items, then send them back at my expense and they would return them to JB Bloomers for them to determine whether or not they were deemed defective.

I received an e-mail back today, telling me that they would take them back, but were not going to give me full credit because the items were dirty? Well yeah...they were because that's the way I received them. They were NOT in individual packaging rather just thrown in a box. Therefore, they could've easily gotten dirty at Epic Sports, however they wouldn't take the blame and give me a full refund.

This is completely outrageous! I have never been treated like this from ANY retailer before. I will NEVER purchase from this company again. Nor, will I EVER purchase anything from JB Bloomers again.

"Nightmare experience so far - my order is MIA, customer service is rude and implying that it's my fault, meanwhile I ordered an identical item off of amazon and got in two days with free shipping. Save yourself a headache, and just order from someone reputable."

"Do Not buy from this company! I fell into the same trap as the other reviewers here following a bizrate reviews are a scam
This has to be the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. They call me at 7am to tell me my address is incorrect. Which it is not. Also, order person on the phone was EXTREMLY RUDE (Jeri?). You wasted my time. I’m the customer. Your customer service order person said the same thing. That I wasted his time. Are U kidding me? I also reported them to Amazon since they had one of those sneaker external site links. Epic also Gauges you on shipping charges. 2-3 day delivery for my item cost is only $5.95 via USPS. But they charged me $17.77. I had to have these gloves for my son..but cancelled they order and decided to buy more expensive gloves at Dicks Sporting goods.

"I'm very disappointed with EpicSports.com. In ordering bags for my soccer team, they had no professional way of verifying addresses and cancelled my order. I've managed hosting companies before that run ecommerce sites, and know there are ways they could do this. I could have provided a variety of id's but because my new home's address was not recognized by the system, they would not help. They are completely stuck to the technology... no overrides.

The managers were unwilling to help out, and now my team will not have their bags. Very upsetting for my little girls.

Share Epic Sports's store rating

Epic Sports is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Epic Sports is not a merchant member
Epic Sports does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!