• Epic Sports

Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"I recently paid $21 to have my product shipped 2nd day air. When I received it a day late, they refused to refund me the money and told me that it was only an estimate. If that's the case, why do they offer 2nd day air. I would have never paid an additional $21 if it was just a chance I would get it. When customers pay additional shipping prices, they EXPECT to get it on the date it says. Terrible! I wish I would have read all the negative reviews before I made a purchase. It's amazing they are still in business with this terrible customer service. I guess they don't believe in the "customer is always right".

"Ordered soccer socks in their soccer section. Baseball socks arrived. Called customer service. They would not pay for return as "this is what I ordered". These were clearly baseball socks on the manufacturer's label. They were very thin and not soccer appropriate. Customer service Rep stated that I should have known they were this type of sock by the % nylon in the description. They were not at all willing to even acknowledge that they were misleading on their website. I would never use them again."

This review was modified by skispine on July 23 2015 07:08:49 AM

They sell cheap crap that is not the same as the website (smaller sizes, much lower quality), wait for you to return, then make a profit on the restocking fee.
I bought a $90 product, returned it, and lost $66 on shipping back and the restocking fee. Customer service is a joke. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

This review was modified by Jfranklin1217 on May 31 2015 08:28:28 AM

"I purchased a basketball net for my son thru Epic Sports. When I received the box, it was torn, with parts sticking out. When we assembled the net, the quality was so poor the item could barely hold up, let alone be used for its purpose. When I mailed this item back for a refund, I had to pay $45.00 to send back. Once they received it, I received an email stating that they would "Not accept the return" as the item was "thrown back in box" with "parts sticking out"--funny because that is how I received it! The customer service was unbelievable-so rude & uncooperative. I have no idea how this place is even in buisness!"

This review was modified by MichelleHerbert1 on May 19 2015 12:11:46 PM

"Ordered 5 jerseys, description said Jerseys will ship in 1-2 days add 3-5 business days for vinyl printing. When your order is ready they estimate delivery over 1 month away. Customer support says this is the worst case scenario. Guess what it is always worst case scenario. But of course if you want to pay extra you can get fast shipping for an extra $15 and another $20 for 2 day shipping. Of course this basically doubles the cost of the Jerseys.

Basically you have four choices. Pay more locally, where you can actually see the item and get it when promised. Pony up the extra money so you can get your items for the current season at the same cost you could have done it locally. Order the Jerseys for next years season (hopefully they will arrive in time). Or do what I did and order the items based on the info provided by EPIC and get the Jerseys when the season is over.

Of course customer support will come back and say you agreed to the Estimated delivery date (and throw in a few insults) even though it contradicts everything said on their website.

To Epic sports "Usually ships" means pay extra and we will do what it says. If you don't pay extra have fun waiting for your items

This review was modified by EPIC_Fail on April 29 2015 01:36:22 PM

"recently bought some outerwear from them, needed to return one item, they told me that there will be a 30% restocking fee plus I have to pay for the return mail.
will never buy from them again.

This review was modified by Okletech on April 17 2015 07:37:58 AM

"EXTREMELY disappointed with their return policy and how the customer service handled it. I should have read the other shady reviews before purchasing from them. NEVER again, lesson learned.
Be forewarned!!!!

This review was modified by epicfail on March 23 2015 02:37:18 PM

"We ordered an extremely heavy piece of equipment, a rebounder net, for over $900. It was delivered in a truck (contracted shipper) with a lone driver with the box with stickers saying "do not attempt to move with one person." The box had a HUGE hole in it, which was likely to have damaged the net. The shipper did not take any responsibility for the hole , and tried to force us to take the shipment. We called Epic while the shipper was there, and Epic told us over the phone to accept shipment and open the box, because maybe it would be ok, but we knew if the box came off the truck it was now our problem, not theirs. It was clear to us that Epic wanted to make it our problem, and I believe they never would have let us return the net -- we would have had to find our own shipper and send it back to them.

We refused payment and they were very angry. They refused to give us our $900+ back on the item, and I tried to work with them over the next couple of weeks to no avail. They kept saying they were talking to the shipping company, which I really didn't care about, I just wanted my money back. So I had to turn it over to my credit card company to investigate. The credit card company was able to get my money back, thankfully. Just know that this company is very unethical and I recommend you do NOT order from this company, especially items that can get damaged in shipment.

This review was modified by jnnnn on March 18 2015 11:32:23 AM

"I ordered a pair of breakaway pants from Epic sports. When they arrived there was a missing snap on the left leg. I contacted the 1-888 number and was told I would have to send a picture and they would have to do an investigation. When I explained I did not have time for that and I just wanted to return them, I was told I would have to pay for the return and a restock fee. Really YOUR GOING TO MAIL THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. This company is NOT about customer service and just wants your money. DO NOT USE THIS SITE."

"I got linked to this store by Amazon. I ordered snowboard pants, size Small. I then got a confirmation email with a # address that was wrong. I called and left a msg and emailed them right away only to get an email from Kristin 2 days later saying they could not correct it.

The pants arrived at my neighbors house and got a hold of it. I opened the pkg only to see a size LARGE. I ordered a size small!

I Called Kristin, the acting mgr whom I dealt with since the beginning and she said unfortunately they have to process it as a regular exchange with additional shipping charges to the customer. I explained that there was a glitch in their system because it was not coincidental that I entered the right address and the right size but got something different. She refused to do anything about it.

I highly do not recommend these guys at all. Seems like a store working out of a basement in KS. Do not buy from them. Read other reviews! I sure wished I did before I ordered. Very Shady!

Professional Website Builder/Developer
5 year Snowboarder

This review was modified by calvinochino on February 10 2015 01:46:39 PM

"I I have ordered twice, first the sizes were too large (4 soccer shirts), I gave it to someone else because as they were closeout not accept the return.( I ordered by his chart size.).
The second time order 5, (four were closeouts) only fitted me two, and of course the other two closeout were small and I have to do the same because there are no returns.
The fifth attempt to return it, here's the detail, charge a 20% stock up, that's a blatant theft.
No I ever order from these crooks and do not believe in so perfect that reviews they have on their website.

"I ordered two balls. They took money out of my account. They notified me that they only had one ball. They asked me what I wanted them to do. I replied via email to cancel order. They went ahead and processed the order for one of the balls anyway. I tried to reach them. I was left on hold with their customer support. I gave up after 35 minutes waiting. "

This review was modified by shaggybeard on September 08 2014 04:41:37 PM

"I have ordered several things from Epic. Nothing I ordered ever came with any paperwork. No paperwork, no contact information, no return information. I thought this was unusual, but as long as everything was in order, I didn't worry about it. I just ordered several pairs of baseball pants for my son. None of the pants fit right and some of them were very thin. I needed to return them, but I had no paperwork or return labels. I had to go to their website to get contact information. Because life is busy, I didn't take the time to go to the website soon enough. When I finally had the time to go through the process, I was told that it had been too long and they could not issue a return label. I told them that there was no paperwork or information in the packages. One package had one piece of paper, but they said it was from the manufacturer, not from them, and I could not return the pants."

This review was modified by Jenmistretta on August 14 2014 02:07:11 PM

"wrong batting
helmet shipped never got back to me as promised

This review was modified by haney on May 02 2014 04:13:00 PM

"Really bad experience with EpicSports.com. Bought a wetsuit, tried it on, doesn't fit. Company won't accept returns. Heather in customer service claims wetsuits are, "considered swimwear, bodysuit." and therefore on their list of non-returnable items. Nowhere does it list wetsuits as non-returnable on their website, and no one refers to wetsuits as "swimwear, bodysuits." Others have had the same problem in the past and it looks like they haven't changed their MO: They just make stuff up to avoid taking returns. Lame."

This review was modified by John-W on April 28 2014 08:26:06 AM

Share Epic Sports's store rating

Epic Sports is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Epic Sports is not a merchant member
Epic Sports does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!