• Entertainment E

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"EE distribution is HORRIBLE. I placed Pre-Orders for May a few months in advance, and none of them came in May. All of my other distributors had the products in stock and not only that but EE was selling these products on their Entertainment Earth website to their own customers. Yet they weren't in stock for your Distribution customers? I see! I ordered 6 different types of figures. Some of them started shipping a month late (in June) but here's the worst part... They made each case ship separately (and charged me separately) even when certain cases were shipped on the same exact day!! Yes, I paid $50-$60 on shipping when it shouldn't have been more than $10...totally killing off a big chunk of my profit as a small business. And they said "I know it's weird but it's the way our warehouse works, sorry." Nope, at the very least it's your job as Customer Service to prevent these things. The cherry on top was when I received my products last week completely damaged...So let's go over this. I paid extra for shipping my items separately and you don't even package my products with ANY protection? No styrofoam, no paper, no padding? I sent pictures to Customer Service of my destroyed products and they usually get back to me the same day. They haven't responded to me and it's been 7 days. Learn how to treat your vendors with some decent Customer Service and maybe you wouldn't see so many bad reviews on here. Stay away from this place...Even In Stock orders have a possibility of shipping separately and arriving damaged! Big waste of money and time!!"

This review was modified by tubular2001 on June 25 2015 07:48:55 AM

"For the attention of the international customers:

Before ordering from this site, this is a must read:

It could be that some products in your order be defective, because eedistribution do not guarantee the quality of the goods (except for "mint products"). In the same way, you could receive incorrects products (differents from those ordered), if the product in question is out of stock... some products are supposedly in stock, but the quantity specified in stock is wrong: when you receive your order you discover that you don't have the full number of items ordered (they replace the number of missing items by others items that may be unsaleable).

Consequently: as an international buyer you must pay prohibitive postal fees, and moreover, You may receive unsaleable products. Obviously if it happens, your profits tumble.

If you purchase for less than $500 UDS, your order will automatically be put on hold
during 15 days, in order to add others possible purchases. They say that they do this to group your items and reduce shipping costs. But if your order is pending, it's important to know that for their part, they will take out without waiting money on your bank account so long as the products ordered are in stock. If you want that your order be sent faster, you have to contact them. Very tedious process.

What is important to understand is that by this policy, they strongly push international sellers to spend $500 USD and more.

If you are a new seller with limited funds, it is not worth wasting your time and your money. For others sellers, you will purchase from them knowingly.

This review was modified by Psyche71 on April 14 2015 08:59:10 AM

"This review is regarding Entertainment Earth's Distribution service. I'm a reseller of toys/collectibles and just re-started my business at the end of 2014. I've been using EE Distribution as a supplier for figures, statues, and other collectibles.

EE Distribution gives you an ETA on when items will be released. They also have item statuses which will tell you if they're in stock, sold out, pre-order only, pre-sold out, cancelled, etc. When items are pre-orderable, they have a drop-down list of quantities that extend to about 600 pieces for some items. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I imagine this is based on their expected orders from the manufacturer.

When you pre-order something that isn't pre-sold out, you would expect that your order will be available at the estimated release date. Sometimes that's true, but then there are the other times.

For instance, I pre-ordered 36 Carnage (from a Marvel Comics line) figures in December 2014, with the expected delivery of April 2014. It's not April and I've received about 50 orders for this figure (people expecting that it will arrive when it's stated to arrive, which is fairly typical across the industry). 36 will be arriving from EE (or so I thought), and the remainder + extras from my second supplier.

I checked on my order status today and saw that my order was updated to "36 items backordered," even though I had ordered 36 of these items 4 months ago. There was no e-mail, no phone call, no communication of any kind regarding this change in status.

You might think "Ok, backordered isn't so bad..." but you have no idea when those backordered items will be released. Many times, when something is "pre-sold out," it means you're screwed until several months to possibly a year down the road, when the manufacturer decides to re-produce these items, due to popularity. There's no way of knowing, and EE Distribution will do nothing to make this right.

If you attempt to cancel the order, they'll charge you a 15% cancellation fee (which isn't even listed anywhere on their site. There's literally no mention of a fee in their help section, FAQ page, or in their disclaimer page." I only know about this fee, because I asked my sales rep about another item that's never coming in. It's another one of those instances where you pre-ordered it, yet they're continuously pushing the release date back (no, not pre-sold out, just never releasing). You'd think they'd be ok with cancelling this order without a cancellation fee, but no... despite their not delivering your merchandise, and despite the items never being in-stock, they're going to charge a fee.

I've had pre-ordered items become pre-sold out after my ordering them when they were available on several occasions. This has hurt my business tremendously.

I have thousands of dollars invested in this company, and they've screwed me over on so many release dates, it's driven me to take a loss and cancel all of my upcoming orders (thousands of more dollars). I can't do business under these circumstances and continue to lose customers and sales.

Their ETA for merchandise is absolutely terrible. They oversell their merchandise, which screws resellers out of inventory, and then they hold your money for ransom, because you placed an order for items that will never become available.

This has happened with many items... not just the two listed. I can name several more: Alien vs Predator Alien Pop Figure, Hobbit Smaug POP figure, Metallic Deathstroke Pop figure, Batman Arkham Origins Deathstroke Figure, Batman Arkham Origins Bane Figure, Two-Face by Greg Capullo Figure, Wolverine Pop Figure, Thrasher Batman Capullo Figure, and many more.

On shipping - they're typically good at packaging their items and when items are already in-stock, they're fairly good at getting them out and to your store in a timely manner. They use FedEx for everything and that can be quite costly. I want to say that a typical order of about 8-12 action figures is going to cost about $12.

Good luck, however, if you ever receive a damaged shipment. The best I could do was get a 5% refund on some of the damaged items (two of the figures), despite others incurring damage. They figured that even though the others were damaged, they could probably still be sold. They were incorrect, of course. The other two damaged figures did not sell, but two additional ones in decent condition did. These are collectibles and they know that. They wouldn't take a return or provide an exchange for undamaged items.

Dealing with EE Distribution has become a nightmare. I've completely taken myself out of the pre-order game, until I can find a better, more reliable distributor. They're a terrible company to do business with and I would truly recommend you go elsewhere.

"This is a horrible company to deal with as a business client. I have been trying to get a response out of my sales representative for over three weeks now and she will not reply to my messages. I spoke with her manager weeks ago over the phone and he stated she would look into taking care of my concerns and cancelling the items on my order. This company forces international small businesses to lose money, which shouldn’t be the case when ordering wholesale. I ordered a bunch of items including two Sailor Moon toys, but because of this company’s rule that they do not ship wholesale orders all at once and only these two items were available after 15 days, I had to pay $49.11 in shipping, making each item worth $40.91 (when we sell them for the MSRP of $19.99). Also, even though I paid an absurd shipping cost for Fed Ex Express, Fed Ex lost my package and delivered it to the wrong address in another city. I had to spend over 5 hours on the phone with Fed Ex trying to get them to go back to the location and get my package, and then drop it off to me. My package was also delivered to me damaged once it finally arrived. What a total nightmare for me to have to deal with when I am losing money. I know multiple other small businesses in Canada that are also having issues dealing with this company, how items never arrive for orders, the company won't respond to issues, etc. My order was placed back in July and I have items that are listed to arrive in April 2015 (even though they stated originally they would be here in July 2014). I have over ten other suppliers that I deal with; many of them are US based, and have never had an issue. If you are international, stay FAR AWAY from doing business with these people. All I want is to close my account and never deal with this business again as long as I live, but they won't even let me do that, telling me I have to pay a 15% charge. For what? It's not like any of the products I ordered are available in the warehouse (or are even on order) to warrant me having to pay a fee. Go anywhere else, the only reply I received was that they "take no pleasure in charging me fees" for wanting to cancel my order and not deal with them any longer. Terrible customer service, would give them a negative star rating if I could."

This review was modified by Caila on November 13 2014 08:18:57 PM

"I placed an order for various items valued at US$900. Some of the items enclosed were mugs. They wrapped each ceramic mug in a sheet of white paper and placed loose in the box. The box that arrived with the mugs in them looked like it had been dropped or squashed in transit. I made a claim for 5 x damaged mugs providing photos of mugs and carton they arrived in. They proceeded to ship the replacements to me at my expense for shipping, costing me an additional US$70 in freight for five mugs. That added costs of $14 per mug, which is simply ridiculous. I will not be ordering anything that is fragile from them again until they improve their delivery system where we are covered for breakages caused by the freight company. Since placing this feedback, Entertainment earth have approached me and arranged credit for the freight charged, agreeing these items should not have been sent by themselves incurring ridiculous high costs."

This review was modified by Shaun_B on October 14 2014 04:05:37 PM

"Do not purchase from this Fraudulent company, They will try to Lie to you to make a purchase. They will say they have Exclusive, but then they will compete with you online on every site. AND IF YOU CALL THEM OUT ON IT AND CANCEL AN ORDER They will CHARGE YOU 15% CANCELLATION. They say there the biggest, but they lie to customers and then when customers find out and cancel because they lied, then they try to deny and charge all kinds of fees. They HAVE 2 OTHER COMPANIES THAT THEY WORK UNDER! THE STORES ARE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. "

"I don't know why they even offer pre-orders. But since they do, they should be able to recognize when their pre-orders EXCEED how many they're expecting in. If you didn't place your pre-order quick enough, you'll be left at the bottom of the "backorder" barrel until they get more. And that usually just means you won't get it at all. I understand it's first come, first served. But if you're only expecting say 300 orders, you might want to let pre-orders 301-100,000 know they're probably not going to get theirs. That way they can take their business to any of the other e-tailers that have the SAME items IN STOCK. But I'm guessing EE would rather have you lose out than patronize their competitors."

This review was modified by Johnny6String on October 30 2013 07:29:26 PM

"Brutal service. Entertainment Earth sucks. I ordered a collectable for my wife for Christmas back in August. It is now the middle of January and it's still on backorder. The item has been listed as in stock on their website all along. Customer service doesn't reply to email. I called and they offered me a credit towards the purchase of something else from their website. No thanks. Cram it up you buttholes you bunch of A-holes!!"

"These Entertainment Earth people are dodgy when it comes to shipping, even if you tell them the instructions they will insist on having their own way and mind you, once you point out their mistakes - they will not even apologize for their mistakes.

This company feels so great about themselves and feel way above customer service and way above the law, such a cocky company, considering that I spent a few thousand dollars for my orders, yes not hundreds but a few thousand dollars, and this is how these dodgy people treat their customers. They did not only committed the mistake once, twice but did it three times - 3 absolute mistakes, I could hardly believe this since they always have good reviews. And their response was - ignore and pretend that nothing happened and bury their heads under the sand. When you tell them what they've done wrong, they won't email you again to resolve their mistakes.

Such coward and mighty stupid people, brave only in selling and promising the moon to their customers but hides their tails when you tell them their mistakes. BEWARE OF ENTERTAINMENT EARTH'S SHIPPING PROCESS - THEY'RE A DODGY COMPANY!!! They not only resolve your complaints to them because they think they are the best and way above small fishes, hence, won't comment or resolve complaints. They want you to feel exhausted by running after the money they took from me - because they are so great a company that won't care about SUPER POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES. THESE GUYS DESERVE A NEGATIVE 10 STARS!

Glad I can post so people are aware of what this company practices at the moment.

BUYERS BEWARE OF LARGE SHIPMENT ORDERS FROM ENTERTAINMENT EARTH - DODGY!!!

"I had ordered the Dark Horse pre-order item statue of Charlie Brown at 7th March and, after six months, the Entertainment Earth had finally received it from the supplier and sent to me. I had not realized that the e-mail warning of this order would have information about its tracking number, which I was kindly communicated by Mr. Donald Tapia. The Brazilian postal service nearly drove me crazy for not informing the processing of my order from the output of Rio de Janeiro to Brazilia, but all ended well, I received the item in perfect condition. Again, thanks to Entertainment Earth!

"I'd like to thank you and say that the order arrived yesterday 03/13/2010 and in perfect condictions.Thanks again for your effectiviness and attention!Luiz,B. S.Paulo-Brazil"

"Just wanted to say big thank you & let you know I recieved my 1st order from you in time for my husbands birthday. Your customer service excellent, the products are packed well. All in all a first class ompany which I will definately use again. I have already recommended you to my friends. What a team. Thank you very much.
Rachael Shearer, England

"This seller's web page stock is inaccurate. I ordered a product that was listed as in stock, only to have my order listed as back order. Today, as I write this, their website continues to show the item in stock.

Their order cancellation process involves contacting their customer service team, rather than simply being able to cancel your order from the web interface. I can only assume this is a method to de-motivate the customer from cancelling.

I will be unlikely to order again from this company. I'd rather spend a few dollars extra on my item from a retailer that doesn't waste my time with inaccurate stock descriptions.

"The communication with this company was simply outstanding. I was placing an "emergency bobblehead" order (I know, but it's true) and the transaction on the telephone was friendly, professional, clear and enjoyable. Then, there was a problem with the shipment (someone stole the bobblehead out of the FedEx box. I know, but it's true). Entertainment Earth handled the replacement issue expediently and handled the refund / exchange issues with FedEx so as not to further inconvenience me. E-mails and telephone calls handled personably, promptly, professionally and getting the results I needed. What more can you ask for?"

"I have never received such quick and professional service from an order I have made online as I have with Entertainment Earth. I placed my order on 12/19/08, assuming that it would not be here by Christmas, and to my surprise, it arrived Christmas Eve to my doorstep. I was shocked, and elated all at the same time. I have ordered from Entertainment Earth twice and have been very pleased each time! Both of my packages arrived quickly and in wonderful condition. My boyfriend (who the figurines were for) couldn't be happier with the way they were shipped. Mint condition packaging is important to a collector, and Entertainment Earth made that happen with careful packaging and shipping. When shopping on Amazon, Entertainment Earth's prices always seem less than the competitor's pricing, so why would you go with anyone else. Regardless of price, I will always choose Entertainment Earth because a lifetime trust has been established! Thanks for such a great product!!!!! "

Share Entertainment Earth's store rating

Entertainment Earth is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Entertainment Earth is not a merchant member
Entertainment Earth does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!