Stores > Encompass Parts Distribution / Encompass Group Affiliates

• Encompass Parts

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! I purchased a Sony part from them 5 days ago. They said I would receive my item in 3 to 5 days. (really needed it quick) On the 5th day I received my invoice by email and they said I would receive my item in 3 to 5 days. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! NOTHING! SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

This review was modified by rickmorrisssss on August 26 2015 10:03:26 AM

"I had to replace a harddrive that was 100% dead (I went to a solid-state drive which is awesome!). I was very wary of buying the disks from Encompass with all the bad reviews, but I saw an equal number of poor reviews from everyone else so i went ahead, thinking that at least SONY's endorsement must mean something.

Well, whatever the problems others have had, I suppose they have addressed the issues, because the disks arrived the very next day after I ordered them (I live about a half-day's drive from the Atlanta distribution center) and they worked flawlessly! I wanted to write this review because Encompass strongly exceeded my expectations, which while these were low, I truly don't know what they could have done better. I recommend them heartily.

This review was modified by CMCSAN on August 18 2015 07:22:29 AM

"Awful. As you can imagine, I also experienced a shipping issue with this site. They never notified me that the product wasn't in stock, so I waited a week and yet again another order was not fulfiled. Update your inventory and update your alerting to notify customers if a part can't be fulfiled. How is this company still in business?"

This review was modified by carolduffyford on June 11 2015 11:20:58 PM

"Sony has lost it's mind!

Incompetent phone support, semi-broken parts website, unknown ETAs for simple parts and triple expensive part costs?

Eventually ordered from another website. What a shame.

"These guys are a joke. I placed an order for two audio-grade capacitors for a Panasonic receiver almost four months ago. A very simple, small order for a common part, and yet I'm still waiting. I've asked for a status update twice and each time it's been "will ship next week". Ha. I'm going to be getting a refund through my credit card company shortly. I would never order from Encompass again. This order has left me with the impression that they are either a complete fraud or completely incompetent."

"I purchased a heating unit replacement for my Panasonic bathroom heater on jan 2. Every time I check the order status there's a new date. On January 26 they wrote that they were shipping it that day to arrive feb 2. On feb 2 I checked the status and found the date had been changed to feb 5. I sent another message asking why and they said they shipped them to people who ordered before me and are not expecting more until the end of feb! Then Why did they say they shipped it and why sell something they don't have to sell!! And why post a new delivery date of feb 5 when it will not be until March? If that!!! Now it is allegedly coming 2/5. I Have a freezing michigan bathroom!! I have asked a few times for them to just send an enitre new unit at this point, to which they never respond. I am so disappointed in this company and so disappointed that Panasonic uses this company for their replacement parts!!"

This review was modified by Jneuv on February 03 2015 07:09:28 AM

"Horrible, horrible parts distribution company

I contacted customer service for an ETA for my order on 11/29. They said the estimated delivery was 12/26.

This is unacceptable. For one, I ordered them on 11/29 and it will take approximately ONE MONTH for them to get here. Independent of the insane shipping time, these are for a toddler safety issue with a TV and they were ordered with a fast shipping time.

"I would like to share my recent purchase experience with encompassparts.com. Overall it was perfect and flawless. I was looking for a special lens cap which I can only find it sold online on encompassparts.com. A little bit concerned after I read the previous horrible reviews but still decide to give it a try. Order placed couple days ago during the night time. Order confirmation email received immediately with correct info except no shipping cost listed (you can look it up online via the link provided in this email). The next morning the credit card was charged with correct total charge (including $7.95 UPS ground shipping mentioned during ordering). The same after got the invoice email including the UPS tracking number. Two days after, I received my order. The item was correct and I was a happy guy! Hope encompassparts.com will continue this level of service and hopefully my experience will somehow courage people to try them in the future."

This review was modified by onlytoto on December 13 2014 09:41:23 AM

"I ordered a washer motor from them and they sent me a used and recycled motor, the bracket was deformed, the varnish was burnt upon arrival, they really don't know how to do business in the right way. "

This review was modified by ch1987 on December 02 2014 03:20:05 PM

"Same old same old. Bought some parts for a coffee machine, some of which were received. One was listed as backordered, but showed in stock on their website.

Followed up a week later via e-mail, no response. Then I recieved a 'read receipt' saying my message was deleted without being read!

Called them and they promised to ship in 1 week, but didn't. Still no update and they keep saying 'we'll ship it next week'.

Yeah, right. Stop saying you have parts in stock that you clearly do not.

"I too experienced the same type of negative comments posted about this company.......not being able to print out an order after placing it, no confirmation email sent after order, phone support constantly states "high call volume, long wait time". After I finally did get through on the phone, they offered me free return shipping for a defective part, and then turned around and charged my credit card for the way overpriced return shipping. After disputing that charge with my credit card company, Visa credited me back the shipping charge. My guess is that Visa never followed through to get it back from Encompass. I wonder how many other times Encompass escaped repaying credit card companies?

Needless to say, I would never make another purchase from this company. They represent the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, overcharge on shipping, and will lie to you over the phone.

This review was modified by lincoln1061 on August 12 2014 04:25:36 PM

"Shipping and Handling Charge on final invoice exceeded the original estimate by 450%. It is now $43.79 for shipping of $11.62 item weighting less than 100g (vs. quoted $7.95). They had calculated the S&H estimate been provided my full shipping address, hence should have quoted $43.79 upfront or at least should have provided me with an option to cancel or confirm the order stating the final S&H price. That had not been done. Encompass CSR refuses to refund the difference and does not care about BBB and ResellerRatings reviews.
Do not give this company your money.

This review was modified by domratchev on August 11 2014 09:58:21 AM

"Shipping was $7.95 but ! I never received an actual invoice only a confirmation number.

and 10 days later I saw 52$ in my bank account billed from them.

I asked them what it was and they sent me an invoice with 43$ of shipping for a 3$ speaker that is the size of a quarter.

I'm asking them for a refund of at least 40$ but I have very little cooperation from them.

"I just wanted to say thank you to people who leave reviews on pages like this! I was about to put my credit card in and thought to myself, I should just google this place. I was referred to them from Delonghi for a lost espresso machine piece. After reading this I searched through other options and found ereplacementparts.com which has awesome reviews on here! So anyone deciding, check them out and don't order from encompass!"

"I just ordered a small USB replacement cable for my mini speakers to Canada and received the invoice and they charged me $40 for shipping!! This is for an item that weighs less than 500 grams and would fit in a regular envelope.
When speaking with customer service they have been rather abrasive and not very helpful. When I spoke on chat they finally agreed to give me a $20 credit, which still means i am paying almost $20 for shipping for a $3.50 item. Absolute extortion! With no opportunity to view shipping costs before the item is fulfulled is terrible business practice and they did not want to give me a refund for any of it. My advice is DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY, or if you already have... fight for a refund, $20 is not much, but it's better than nothing.
I have also complained to Phillips Canada who refer you to Encompass for their replacement parts and they are now going to investigate their ridiculous shipping charges to their Canadian customer. Absolute extortion! I am still so furious!

This review was modified by paching on July 29 2014 10:07:05 AM

Share Encompass Parts Distribution / Encompass Group Affiliates's store rating

Encompass Parts Distribution / Encompass Group Affiliates is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Encompass Parts Distribution / Encompass Group Affiliates does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!