"Horrible, horrible parts distribution company

I contacted customer service for an ETA for my order on 11/29. They said the estimated delivery was 12/26.

This is unacceptable. For one, I ordered them on 11/29 and it will take approximately ONE MONTH for them to get here. Independent of the insane shipping time, these are for a toddler safety issue with a TV and they were ordered with a fast shipping time.

"I would like to share my recent purchase experience with encompassparts.com. Overall it was perfect and flawless. I was looking for a special lens cap which I can only find it sold online on encompassparts.com. A little bit concerned after I read the previous horrible reviews but still decide to give it a try. Order placed couple days ago during the night time. Order confirmation email received immediately with correct info except no shipping cost listed (you can look it up online via the link provided in this email). The next morning the credit card was charged with correct total charge (including $7.95 UPS ground shipping mentioned during ordering). The same after got the invoice email including the UPS tracking number. Two days after, I received my order. The item was correct and I was a happy guy! Hope encompassparts.com will continue this level of service and hopefully my experience will somehow courage people to try them in the future."

modified review This review was modified by onlytoto on December 13 2014 09:41:23 AM

"I ordered a washer motor from them and they sent me a used and recycled motor, the bracket was deformed, the varnish was burnt upon arrival, they really don't know how to do business in the right way. "

modified review This review was modified by ch1987 on December 02 2014 03:20:05 PM

"Same old same old. Bought some parts for a coffee machine, some of which were received. One was listed as backordered, but showed in stock on their website.

Followed up a week later via e-mail, no response. Then I recieved a 'read receipt' saying my message was deleted without being read!

Called them and they promised to ship in 1 week, but didn't. Still no update and they keep saying 'we'll ship it next week'.

Yeah, right. Stop saying you have parts in stock that you clearly do not.

"I too experienced the same type of negative comments posted about this company.......not being able to print out an order after placing it, no confirmation email sent after order, phone support constantly states "high call volume, long wait time". After I finally did get through on the phone, they offered me free return shipping for a defective part, and then turned around and charged my credit card for the way overpriced return shipping. After disputing that charge with my credit card company, Visa credited me back the shipping charge. My guess is that Visa never followed through to get it back from Encompass. I wonder how many other times Encompass escaped repaying credit card companies?

Needless to say, I would never make another purchase from this company. They represent the worst customer service I have ever dealt with, overcharge on shipping, and will lie to you over the phone.

modified review This review was modified by lincoln1061 on August 12 2014 04:25:36 PM

"Shipping and Handling Charge on final invoice exceeded the original estimate by 450%. It is now $43.79 for shipping of $11.62 item weighting less than 100g (vs. quoted $7.95). They had calculated the S&H estimate been provided my full shipping address, hence should have quoted $43.79 upfront or at least should have provided me with an option to cancel or confirm the order stating the final S&H price. That had not been done. Encompass CSR refuses to refund the difference and does not care about BBB and ResellerRatings reviews.
Do not give this company your money.

modified review This review was modified by domratchev on August 11 2014 09:58:21 AM

"Shipping was $7.95 but ! I never received an actual invoice only a confirmation number.

and 10 days later I saw 52$ in my bank account billed from them.

I asked them what it was and they sent me an invoice with 43$ of shipping for a 3$ speaker that is the size of a quarter.

I'm asking them for a refund of at least 40$ but I have very little cooperation from them.

"I just wanted to say thank you to people who leave reviews on pages like this! I was about to put my credit card in and thought to myself, I should just google this place. I was referred to them from Delonghi for a lost espresso machine piece. After reading this I searched through other options and found ereplacementparts.com which has awesome reviews on here! So anyone deciding, check them out and don't order from encompass!"

"I just ordered a small USB replacement cable for my mini speakers to Canada and received the invoice and they charged me $40 for shipping!! This is for an item that weighs less than 500 grams and would fit in a regular envelope.
When speaking with customer service they have been rather abrasive and not very helpful. When I spoke on chat they finally agreed to give me a $20 credit, which still means i am paying almost $20 for shipping for a $3.50 item. Absolute extortion! With no opportunity to view shipping costs before the item is fulfulled is terrible business practice and they did not want to give me a refund for any of it. My advice is DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY, or if you already have... fight for a refund, $20 is not much, but it's better than nothing.
I have also complained to Phillips Canada who refer you to Encompass for their replacement parts and they are now going to investigate their ridiculous shipping charges to their Canadian customer. Absolute extortion! I am still so furious!

modified review This review was modified by paching on July 29 2014 10:07:05 AM

"A disaster. I ordered a little plastic tray for my fridge 1"x6" weighing .1 lbs. Estimated shipping was $7. When the invoice came, shipping was $39 freaking dollars. I called them and UPS right away about canceling it. UPS said that it had not been picked up so it they can cancel it. I call Encompass and then give me a run around about email the warehouse and "trying" to cancel it. "trying"????? Just cancel it - I don't care how your warehouse works. I was not shipped out so just cancel it. A few days later they ship it out anyways and charge my credit card. I am very POed."

modified review This review was modified by sleepgsr on June 17 2014 11:00:18 AM

"I ordered a printer part from the website and within 5 minutes I realized I had ordered the wrong part. I tried to use online chat to cancel but nobody answered it. I called the phone number listed on the website but nobody answered it. So I sent an email to customer service asking to cancel. The following day they said they were requesting a cancellation, three days later they said the part arrived in their warehouse and it was too late to cancel, seven days later the part shipped. Their prices appear low but they overcharge for shipping and do not show you the shipping charge before you place your order. I wish I could give them zero stars."

modified review This review was modified by zackr on April 14 2014 10:47:24 AM

"I wish I would have found this site last month before I placed my parts order that STILL has not arrived. i had the same experiance of a back-ordered itme. I placed a call to check on the status and was told it had arrived and would ship next-day. Two weeks later and NOTHING. When I called back I was told they had no idea what happened, that part has been in stock and can't explain why my order had not been expedited. I have been without a dryer for over 6 weeks now. Just ridiculous!"

modified review This review was modified by zandie12 on February 21 2014 07:21:18 AM

"Negative reviews of lengthy order and ship times are correct. I've now been waiting 30 days for my order and was told again today (for the 3rd time) that my order was being picked and shipped today. This company is the very definition of terrible service."

modified review This review was modified by dantenore on January 27 2014 10:05:07 AM

"I agree with all the negative reviews on this site. I waited a over week for a part to ship despite the part being listed as "in stock" and would ship in a day on the Encompass web site, and after many phone calls to check on the order with nothing happening, the part finally came. They did waive the freight charge to their credit, but it took 9 days and repeated calls for the part to ship, when it was supposed to ship in a day. The part was not returnable too, despite being listed as in stock on the web site (the site did note this), so also something to be wary of."

modified review This review was modified by ssha77 on November 04 2013 03:42:59 AM

"Anyone having any issues with Encompass is encouraged to contact: customercare@encompass.com for resolution. We try our best to provide great service, but when we fall short, we want to do what we can to make things right. Thank you! Encompass"

modified review This review was modified by khurst on December 02 2014 10:46:29 AM

Encompass Parts Distribution / Encompass Group Affiliates is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Encompass Parts Distribution / Encompass Group Affiliates does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!