Stores > Empire Today

• Empire Today

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-08-20

Dishonest, high pressure sales tactics, bait and switch

"The whole experience was bad. Don't want to waste my time any longer than needed. The sales guy was just that. Somehow he was quoting us "Shaw" carpet but when I kept grilling him... magically it changed brands. They wanted a deposit immediately to lock in the price. I told them I would never do business with a company who required a deposit to honor a price. This is a typical sales trick to get you locked in and not take your time to make a decision. If you use them, keep holding out for a lower price. The half off can even go lower if you keep negotiating them down. Also the next day install tactic is to not give you time to change your mind. It's a filthy sales trick used in multiple industries. You know when the sales guy quotes 3 day right of rescission laws there is a problem. All of their employee's are also 1099 contract workers besides office staff. This is a sales driven marketing company not a flooring company. They also keep calling and emailing after you say no. Call block works great for that."

This review was modified by cswizzle on August 25 2016 08:45:33 AM

2016-07-15

porcelain floor mistake

"I wish I had the invoice # to share with you . I paid Empire TODAY TO INSTALL a floor in my living/ dining room. this ordeal turned into something crazy. The day of the installation Empire showed up to my home with 40 boxes of the wrong tile. (first mistake). Of course they had to reschedule the install. The next week they arrived with the correct tile ,however din not have any of the material needed to install the tile. They were trying to put the tile down with a felt underlayment(second mistake). After arguing with them for two hours because I asked them to follow the work order and bring the material promised on the sales receipt. At this time Empire Today decided to go to HOME DEPOT to purchase the material needed for the install. The install was done like a bunch of armatures were doing the install. After the tile was installed EMPIRE TODAY never returned to finish the saddle or the quarter rounds needed to finish the job. I had to call customer service over 23 times for them to just say they would issue a credit for $80.00. I had to call Lowes to come in and finish the last part. Now its JULY 2015 and several tiles have popped up. I called EMPIRE TODAY 07/11/2016. They informed me someone will come out 07/15/2016 to fix the tiles . After receiving 5 calls from EMPIRE TODAY , the 5th call was just to inform me no one will be coming out to fix the tiles ,and they will be able to reschedule me for 07/22/2016 if I like . Once again EMPIRE TODAY was not able to resolve anything after spending $4000.00 on this floor. My advice is STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE TODAY . ITS NOT WORTH THE HEAD ACHES AND MENTAL GRIEF//TRUST ME "

2016-06-22

Bad for flooring! Stay away for flooring!

"This was our first and last experience with Empire Carpet:
Wednesday, 6/15, we were to have the carpet installed. That particular appointment went well. The guys arrived on time, did a good job of installing the carpet and cleaned up adequately. It looks nice.
Thursday, 6/16, the same company was to install the vinyl planking in the kitchen. They were to be here between 2 pm and 4 pm. At 4:30 pm when they still hadn't arrived, I called their customer service line. The guy tried to call the installer several times and couldn't get an answer. So he said he would keep trying and call me back when he had talked to them. Never heard from him. At 5:30 pm I called again, the girl I talked to after 20 minutes on hold put her supervisor on. The supervisor Amy said the installer had called in and said that he couldn't come that day because the job before ours had turned out to be too extensive. So she offered a $150 off our install price and promised me we would be first install in the morning. I said ok. About 7:30 am the office called to say the installers would be there between 8 am and 10 am. About an hour and a half later, she called back to say that the time had been moved to between 3 pm and 5 pm. Needless to say I was not happy. The installers did get here a little after 3 pm. The first thing the guy did was walk over to our heating registers and pull them up. He proceeded to tell us that is there could be asbestos in the tile underneath, he would not install our floor. He said that he would require a lab test that we could get at any lab (??). He said it would cost about $5000 to remove the flooring that was there. We got this whole long dissertation about why. Also he had the incorrect quarter round, so he couldn't do the whole job that day anyway. He basically refused to do it. So we had to cancel the flooring install. Thanks for nothing.

This review was modified by KCern on June 22 2016 01:13:27 PM

2016-04-01

Empire Today- not today, not ever!

"This is the 3rd time I've attempted to get these clowns out for an estimate. I should have given up after the 2nd attempt.
The customer service people are clueless, but when one realizes that they're trying to represent a company that won't follow through with appointments, you begin to pity them. I imagine turnover in that department is high. As they're the only people one can reach, I would guess they get chewed out frequently.
The area manager out of the Macon office must work very abbreviated hours. He "left for the day" before 3:30 pm.
Color this would-be customer disgusted & frustrated.
I give Empire Today 2 thumbs down & a big fat F.

This review was modified by Cat770 on April 01 2016 02:46:06 PM

2016-02-11

Empire NOT TODAY or TOMORROW!

"Actually when i first had my laminate flooring and carpet installed everything was GREAT! However, about 2 years down the road my laminate flooring started to warp and bubble up. I hardly had to clean the laminate but when i did it was with a very damp mop and I distinctly remember the sales rep Dave, show me that water would not get between the creases by putting a dollar bill between both laminate pieces, showing that the flooring was "air tight". I finally decided to call Empire because they stated that there was a " 25 year warranty". While speaking to the rep on the phone she asked if there were any leaks in my home or flooding, I stated No, she said that she would need to send somebody out to examine the floors to make sure there were no leaks and there was a $50 charge for them to come out and assess the damaged areas. Yesterday 2/10, was the day they were scheduled to come examine the floor and let me know it was still covered. At 8:15 am, I received a call from Empire stating that they would be at my home between the hours of 10 am and 12 noon, by 4 pm they still did not show up nor call and let me know that they were running late. I called them, they apologized and said they would be at my home between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. At 7 pm they were still not at my home, I called again to cancel and reschedule the appointment because I have a LIFE and things to do besides waste my entire day waiting around for them but they said that they were only 5 minutes away. Finally at 7:30 pm they arrived, I showed them the damaged area and within 5 minutes they said it was not covered due to water damage. I said that there were no leaks or anything but they clearly did not care to hear what I had to say. After about 10 minutes of them being at my home they let me know that Empire would contact me and give a quote for redoing the entire floor and the kicker, they said they needed to collect the $50 fee for coming out to my home. I was shocked but was so upset and wanted them out, I just wrote them a check. Be very careful using this company people and do your research before you decide."

This review was modified by Dgkuc457 on February 11 2016 12:34:41 PM

2016-01-08

"Updated Report: The employee handed me a form to sign that the work was completed and I did not provide my signature but wrote several notes.Then the worker handed me a blank form of the same form I wrote on.

What????I have no record of my original form...this is Empire Today's method of poor methods and customer service.

Original report: I sat down with Empire Today's salesman, Sean Owen and decided to go with their 50/50/50 deal for installation of laminate floors in my master bedroom and office. After researching several other local companies, I believe this 50/50/50 deal is a scam. My fault for not searching prior to going with this awful company. They were still more expensive than other quotes. With that said, the company arrived on a cold January 2016 day. Two of the three Mexican workers did not speak English. Therefore, it made it difficult to communicate at the onset. They kept leaving my front door open after asking them to close the door multiple times. In addition, the electric saw was just outside the front door and was extremely loud. After the work was nearly done, the English speaking worker came to me and said they did not have enough boards. I was flabbergasted. I immediately called Sean and he said, "I have some personal contacts and I will call you back." It has been several days and no one from Empire Today not even Sean has called me! Not one! Not even the salesman. This shows how much they DO NOT care about their customers and how they only care about getting their money. Today, I receive an automated appointment via email and that I am scheduled for completion this Saturday! I won't be here and it is a "noreply" email! Now, for their work. The quarter round work was awful. One section of quarter round came to a "point??!!" The transition boards were awful. There were gaps and overcuts. Here is what they did. They filled the transition board gaps with white caulk! Unbelievable! They left my bedroom door dirty with their black gloves and dirty hands. It was awful. Never ever use Empire Today due to their salesman's lack of professionalism and their workers lack of English speaking workers and more importantly, the extremely poor craftsmanship. It just goes to show that companies like this boast about they have been in business for so many years and great customer service - NOT! NEVER AGAIN Empire Today! And, all of my facebook family and friends will know! I will use the power of social media!

This review was modified by Robjo on February 11 2016 08:02:14 AM

mmmbuzz's Avatar

Los Angeles, CA
2012-05-28

"We shopped the "Big Box Stores" and got both a carpet quote and a laminated wood floor quote, the quotes cost us $50, which is supposed to be credited to the order. Anyway, we called Empire Today because they give free quotes. After we negotiated a little the Empire rep's "all inclusive" carpet price quote was about $100 less than the Big Box carpet quote. The Empire quote for the laminate wood flooring was $300 higher, but the Empire rep also explained that they are the only ones anywhere that give a "topical water warranty" on laminate. Considering the customer service, warranty and price we are planning to go with Empire. We have to wait for our tax refund before we can actually make the purchase, but so far Empire is very fair."

2011-12-19

"Had Empire sales rep stop by today. We where shown the 60% off and the not on sale carpet. Well the 60% off was only .06 cents cheaper than the normal price carpet. Which the normal price carpet was higher quality. We called the sale rep on it and we couldn't receive a clear straight answer.

Then we had the sales rep called "office" to get the best price on the carpet that wasn't on sale. They dropped the price almost 45%. Then we asked about the 60% off carpet and they dropped it to the same price range as the other carpet. My wife and I ask how is that possible. From that point on the sale rep attitude completely changed. The sales rep became rude and snooty.. and other few choice words that I would get this post removed.

Share Empire Today's store rating

Empire Today is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Empire Today is not a merchant member
Empire Today does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!