Stores > Empire Today

• Empire Today

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-04-01

Empire Today- not today, not ever!

"This is the 3rd time I've attempted to get these clowns out for an estimate. I should have given up after the 2nd attempt.
The customer service people are clueless, but when one realizes that they're trying to represent a company that won't follow through with appointments, you begin to pity them. I imagine turnover in that department is high. As they're the only people one can reach, I would guess they get chewed out frequently.
The area manager out of the Macon office must work very abbreviated hours. He "left for the day" before 3:30 pm.
Color this would-be customer disgusted & frustrated.
I give Empire Today 2 thumbs down & a big fat F.

This review was modified by Cat770 on April 01 2016 02:46:06 PM

2016-02-11

Empire NOT TODAY or TOMORROW!

"Actually when i first had my laminate flooring and carpet installed everything was GREAT! However, about 2 years down the road my laminate flooring started to warp and bubble up. I hardly had to clean the laminate but when i did it was with a very damp mop and I distinctly remember the sales rep Dave, show me that water would not get between the creases by putting a dollar bill between both laminate pieces, showing that the flooring was "air tight". I finally decided to call Empire because they stated that there was a " 25 year warranty". While speaking to the rep on the phone she asked if there were any leaks in my home or flooding, I stated No, she said that she would need to send somebody out to examine the floors to make sure there were no leaks and there was a $50 charge for them to come out and assess the damaged areas. Yesterday 2/10, was the day they were scheduled to come examine the floor and let me know it was still covered. At 8:15 am, I received a call from Empire stating that they would be at my home between the hours of 10 am and 12 noon, by 4 pm they still did not show up nor call and let me know that they were running late. I called them, they apologized and said they would be at my home between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. At 7 pm they were still not at my home, I called again to cancel and reschedule the appointment because I have a LIFE and things to do besides waste my entire day waiting around for them but they said that they were only 5 minutes away. Finally at 7:30 pm they arrived, I showed them the damaged area and within 5 minutes they said it was not covered due to water damage. I said that there were no leaks or anything but they clearly did not care to hear what I had to say. After about 10 minutes of them being at my home they let me know that Empire would contact me and give a quote for redoing the entire floor and the kicker, they said they needed to collect the $50 fee for coming out to my home. I was shocked but was so upset and wanted them out, I just wrote them a check. Be very careful using this company people and do your research before you decide."

This review was modified by Dgkuc457 on February 11 2016 12:34:41 PM

2016-01-08

"Updated Report: The employee handed me a form to sign that the work was completed and I did not provide my signature but wrote several notes.Then the worker handed me a blank form of the same form I wrote on.

What????I have no record of my original form...this is Empire Today's method of poor methods and customer service.

Original report: I sat down with Empire Today's salesman, Sean Owen and decided to go with their 50/50/50 deal for installation of laminate floors in my master bedroom and office. After researching several other local companies, I believe this 50/50/50 deal is a scam. My fault for not searching prior to going with this awful company. They were still more expensive than other quotes. With that said, the company arrived on a cold January 2016 day. Two of the three Mexican workers did not speak English. Therefore, it made it difficult to communicate at the onset. They kept leaving my front door open after asking them to close the door multiple times. In addition, the electric saw was just outside the front door and was extremely loud. After the work was nearly done, the English speaking worker came to me and said they did not have enough boards. I was flabbergasted. I immediately called Sean and he said, "I have some personal contacts and I will call you back." It has been several days and no one from Empire Today not even Sean has called me! Not one! Not even the salesman. This shows how much they DO NOT care about their customers and how they only care about getting their money. Today, I receive an automated appointment via email and that I am scheduled for completion this Saturday! I won't be here and it is a "noreply" email! Now, for their work. The quarter round work was awful. One section of quarter round came to a "point??!!" The transition boards were awful. There were gaps and overcuts. Here is what they did. They filled the transition board gaps with white caulk! Unbelievable! They left my bedroom door dirty with their black gloves and dirty hands. It was awful. Never ever use Empire Today due to their salesman's lack of professionalism and their workers lack of English speaking workers and more importantly, the extremely poor craftsmanship. It just goes to show that companies like this boast about they have been in business for so many years and great customer service - NOT! NEVER AGAIN Empire Today! And, all of my facebook family and friends will know! I will use the power of social media!

This review was modified by Robjo on February 11 2016 08:02:14 AM

mmmbuzz's Avatar

Los Angeles, CA
2012-05-28

"We shopped the "Big Box Stores" and got both a carpet quote and a laminated wood floor quote, the quotes cost us $50, which is supposed to be credited to the order. Anyway, we called Empire Today because they give free quotes. After we negotiated a little the Empire rep's "all inclusive" carpet price quote was about $100 less than the Big Box carpet quote. The Empire quote for the laminate wood flooring was $300 higher, but the Empire rep also explained that they are the only ones anywhere that give a "topical water warranty" on laminate. Considering the customer service, warranty and price we are planning to go with Empire. We have to wait for our tax refund before we can actually make the purchase, but so far Empire is very fair."

2011-12-19

"Had Empire sales rep stop by today. We where shown the 60% off and the not on sale carpet. Well the 60% off was only .06 cents cheaper than the normal price carpet. Which the normal price carpet was higher quality. We called the sale rep on it and we couldn't receive a clear straight answer.

Then we had the sales rep called "office" to get the best price on the carpet that wasn't on sale. They dropped the price almost 45%. Then we asked about the 60% off carpet and they dropped it to the same price range as the other carpet. My wife and I ask how is that possible. From that point on the sale rep attitude completely changed. The sales rep became rude and snooty.. and other few choice words that I would get this post removed.

Share Empire Today's store rating

Empire Today is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Empire Today is not a merchant member
Empire Today does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!