• Rating 5.42/10 6 reviews

Emergency Essentials is not a merchant member
    Emergency Essentials does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Emergency Essentials contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I have been using Emergency Esstentails for years and have nothign but the best of service from them. In my latest order, one of the #10 cans was dented. I contacted them and they sent out a replacement, at no charge, that very same day. I would VERY highly recommend them. And actually I do to all of my friends! I am very surprised to see others have had issues."

modified review This review was modified by Texasjackie on February 11 2014 11:58:46 AM

"Terrible customer service! Forget about sending this company emails as they ignore them. But wait, it gets worse when you talk to Customer Service as they treat the customer like trash. When I placed my order in June, they also sent me a $40 item that I had not ordered. They just put the wrong shipping label on the product. Rather than keeping the product, I did the honest thing and called them to return the item. I used my packing materials and my time to get this back to them and never did they say thank you. I recently needed a $2.00 item and wanted to see if they could waive or reduce shipping to show their appreciation for me taking the time and my expense to get their item back to them. The customer service agent actually had the nerve to say that I should not be rewarded for doing the honest thing. Excuse me!!! I would never ever say something like that to a customer. By the way, he did reduce shipping but I was so fed up with this agent and company that I was ready to go elsewhere and that is my recommendation to anyone reading this."

"I placed an order on March 9th. As of March 2oth, I had received no other contact other than being charged for the items. I emailed the customer support email found on my confirmation email and inquired as to the status of my order. I received only an email from Fedex stating it was being shipped the 21st. It has now been rescheduled to be delivered on the 27th. I understand that some items get delayed, especially in light of events such as tornadoes and flooding. I should have received some type of notice. Instead, I have NEVER heard from the company except in the form of a deduction from my account for items that had not even shipped.
I'll probably refrain from ordering anything else from this company.

"Products were as described and shipping was prompt. An emailed question about a product was promptly answered with a personal email. I will be ordering from then again."

"Emergency Essentials has superb customer service and great prices. I also hear their employees are very attractive."

"I am reviewing only electronic products advertised in the catalog. I left critical reviews for 2 on their web site but they were not published. I take that as a deception since there is nothing I can find on the site saying that the reviews are selected. In one case there is a "Emergency Mobile Phone Adapter" which has a connector for one of their hand cranked generators on one end generators and a cigarette lighter socket on the other. The implication is there is a voltage booster in the socket to produce the 12 volts that the device you plug in will expect. This is not true. There is just a wire between the connectors. In the other case a shake to charge flashlight with 2 CR2032 primary cells is described as bright and the batteries as having a 10 year shelf life. Mine was dim as received and still dim after removing the CR2032s and shaking as instructed. After further investigation I find that the 2 lithium cells are in series across a capacitor rated for 5.5 volts. The lithium cells read about 3 volts each as I removed them and other partly used cells I had lying around read 3.25V. so at least 6.5 V was applied to the 5.5 V rated capacitor causing it to leak and discharge the battery while ruining the capacitor. This is a design fault."