EconoPc Reviews - econopc.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 6 reviews

EconoPc is not a merchant member
EconoPc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I purchased a barebone from Econo PC .Purchased barebone #BBPCP47224 . That is a barebone 478 socket .Motherboard ,processor and 300 watt power supply .Cost me 301.00 total.They did not contact me and tell me they did not have this barebone in stock ,instead they took it upon themself to send me something else.

They sent me item #BBPCP4224,which consists of a pent 4 423 socket motherboard.Which i am told works with the 478 socket pent 4 processor ,,but is not as stable as a 478 board .They adapted my 2.4 gig pent 4 478 socket chip to this m/b.The price of this barebone is 237.00 dollars .

Did not get any money bak ,instead they charged me 301.00 for a 237.00 barebone .I complained and so did the source that purchased it for me ..They told us thats what they have ,and thats what they send when they didn't have the other .If i was not satisfied ,send it bak at my cost for shipping .And they would charge a 15% restocking fee.

Well i decided to eat it and keep it on account of i din wanna lose more than i already have on the deal .Then the m/b had a problem with the ram slots ..Sent that to them at my cost for shipping .They claimed they tested the board and was nothing wrong with it .Charged me another 47.00 for testing the motherboard and shipping it bak to me ..Funny part about that is they sent me a brandnew m/b and proc .If there was nothing wrong with it ,why would they send a new 1 ? They said for customers satisfaction .Which sounds rather fishy to me .

I do have the pc running now ,Yet i had to do much searching throughout the net and computer shopws for specs on usb power connectors and other things tech should have beeen able to help me with .Yet they wouldn't .Instead they told me they would fix it if i sent it to them at my expense and paid them to do so .

Even tho they are the reason the board was removed from the case ,to send it to them for repair and testing ..I see it as Econo Pc is a money making facility and cares less about there customers satisfaction ..The warrenty they provide is a fluke ,cuz if it wasnt they would never charge people qwhen they replace things .

I see it as Econo PC owes me the remaining balance from 301.00 -237.00=64.00 and the 47.00 they charged me to test and ship and the 6.00 i paid to ship m/b to them ..thats a total of 117.00 they have ripped me off and they was planning on making it higher .

I dont advise any1 to purchase anything from this facility .And i never will ever again .Sure would appreciate any1 with any help on this matter..BBB bureau says im out of luck ,but i believe EconoPC has them fooled ,along with many other people .

Steve
Kewanee, Illinois
U.S.A.
Dunno the invoice number it was ordered for me from someone else because my cc was expired

"Purchased a Mobo combo on the 29th of June and recieved an email with a tracking number saying it was shipped, checked UPS with supplied tracking number and it says it was delivered to SEAGOVILLE Texas! I just happen to live in Colorado!!!! Hmmm WTF? Now some else has my components and I have to spend time on the phone with these Jack asses!!"

"Terrible people there. My order has a lot of problems: credit card can't be verified, need signature/driver license photo copy for releasing... Then, $15 extra bucks to "upgrade shipping" my order and $20 to upgrade the CPU fan magically fixed all these problems. However, the mother board died few weeks after arrival.

I checked on Newegg, the retail MOBO is just $6 more expensive than theirs if I add up the shipping and upgrade.

"NO REPLY TO EMAIL. NO DELIVERY OF COMPUTER. PAID FOR 3 DAY SHIPPING AND STILL WAITING. THEIR PHONE HAS BEEN BUSY FOR 3 DAYS.
Over a week now and phone has been busy and they will not answer any emails.
2 WEEKS AND STILL NO DELIVERY.PHONE BUSY EVERYTIME I CALL. MUST BE OFF THE HOOK.
2 WEEKS AND STILL NO REPLY TO MY EMAIL AND PHONE STILL BUSY EVERYTIME I CALL.
UPDATE:
Has been over a month and still nothing from them. What a waste of time dealing with this company.

modified review This review was modified by mikege on March 18 2004 06:53:21 PM

"I ordered a CPU+motherboard combo from them last March (I just found this website). They sent me the wrong CPU and wrong motherboard. I phoned them two weeks after I returned the items to check on the status, they told me that it was the CPU and that they will be sending the correct one, but that the motherboard tested out ok and that they were returning it to me. I had to explain to them that it may be a little better board, it wasn't compatible with the parts I was putting in it. When I finally received the correct parts about a month later, the motherboard only came with a single sheet of paper with the basic jumper settings on it. Luckily I found the whole manual on the internet. Why does it have to be so difficult to just send me what I ordered."

"http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1812.html

Check out Accubyte's Rating for this company, They are the same company.

modified review This review was modified by starblazer on October 01 2003 02:43:03 PM