Ebuyer Reviews - ebuyer.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 1.50/10 195 reviews

Ebuyer is not a merchant member
Ebuyer does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Dodged replacing faulty goods within warranty and claimed I asked for a refund, which I never did and only 90% of price paid!

SSD drive died after 6.5 months, by the time they collected the item it was 7 months. Initially you have to raise an eNote on their website to raise an RMA, it's the only way to it. You have a choice of requested action: "Refund" or "Direct replacement". I had read the Ts & Cs and knew about the partial refunds for faulty items over 6 months. So I made sure I put REPLACEMENT. (Although Ebuyer is just about the only company that won't fully refund you within 12 months! - this is how they do their cheap prices I guess!)

I got an email back from their returns tech support asking to call them to process the RMA. I don't know why I have to call them to do this as I have already filled in all the fault details but do it anyway. The guy spoke to asked me what I had already put down on the RMA request so that was a waste of time and money (on that 0330 number that isn't included in most peoples free call packages), then he said he would email me instructions to return the drive to Crucial (the OEM). I told him that under the Sale of Goods Act my contract was with Ebuyer - they have to accept the return. So he sent me emails on how return via ebuyers courier.

Before I got the courier date set up I again checked that the RMA request online did indeed say "Requested Action: Direct REPLACEMENT". and I checked they had plenty of stock so they had no excuse not to replace - saying it was obsolete, etc.

I then get an email 3 or 4 days later saying that my item is indeed faulty and that they will refund me according to their policy blah blah... 90% refund.

This is where the real problems begin. I raised an eNote to reject the offer of a refund since they have plenty of stock. I was told in reply that I had requested a refund and it had been processed. Tough luck too late we won't budge. To my horror I looked back at the RMA on their website - somebody at Ebuyer HAS CHANGED IT TO REFUND!
So I try to reason with them politely. Read the arrogance of these replies: (and their standard cut and paste apology on every response! - as if that makes up for it!)

04/07/2013 11:54 I double checked the return request before arranging collection date, and it still said requested action: direct replacement. This is what I still require. Will you please replace the faulty goods?

04/07/2013 12:27

Thank you for your response.
I can advise that a refund has already been issued therefore you would have
to place a new order online.

result of this matter.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

08/07/2013 11:02
Hi Rachel

Thanks for the message. Let me try to explain again what I require.
Throughout the process I asked for a replacement. At no point in the RMA
process did I ask for a refund. Due to this I feel it is not unreasonable
for ebuyer to replace the item, then cancel the refund issued.
(Ebuyer will not lose out due to the 3 year Crucial warranty!)

Kind regards

Martin
08/07/2013 11:11

Thank you for your response.

I can advise that when the RMA was raised a refund was requested, therefore
this is how the return was then processed. As the refund has been issued we
cannot cancel this as it will already be in your account, I would now
advise to place a new order online.

08/07/2013 11:42
Dear Rachael

As I stated before, I made sure that I had definately asked for a "direct
replacement" when raising the RMA and viewed the RMA request again before
I returned the item. It still read "direct replacement", which I was
happy with since I also checked you still had plenty of stock on the
website. Therefore I was confident you could replace it and I returned the
SSD.

Now I see somehow the RMA action has been changed to refund, I can assure
you that this was not by me as explained above! Regardless of this anyway,
moving forward, the fact still is currently I require a replacement.

Can you not do this?

Regards

Martin
08/07/2013 11:47

Thank you for your response.

I can advise that we cannot change how the RMA will be processed, therefore
it was originally raised for a refund to be issued.

As previously advise due to the refund already being issued and in your
account now we cannot cancel this. You would need to place a new order
online to receive the item.

08/07/2013 12:20
Dear Rachael

This may be but somebody must have changed it somehow. I took a screen shot
of the original RMA showing direct replacement. It was originally requested
by your RMA tech support that I return the SSD to Crucial directly for a
replacement. This wouldn't have been suggested if the RMA was set up for a
refund! I rejected sending it to Crucial and insisted I return to ebuyer
since I knew you had stock for a quick replacement, and it is your
requirements under the Sale Of Goods Act. I thought it would be easier and
quick since I have had very good service from ebuyer in the past. I am
starting to wish I had sent it to Crucial now!

If I placed a new order now the drive would cost more than double the price
I paid, since the drive was on sale when I bought it. Therefore this is not
a option! I'm sure you understand.

Please admit there has been a mix up and honour my original replacement
request.

Regards

09/07/2013 10:07

Thank you for your response.

I can advise that the RMA was raised for a refund to be issued once
processed, this has not altered and would never have send that a
replacement will be sent. If you can provide evidence that it does say
this, then I would be able to look into this further. However, as far as
Ebuyer can see we have processed the return as per your request.

result of this matter.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Customer Support Team

It goes on. SO - If you are still reading this then it is my opinion that to avoid replacing an SSD that was on sale at the much lower price, ebuyer have wriggled and fiddled and even resorted to changing my RMA then calling me a liar! It is not up to me to prove that what I requested, it is up them to believe the customer and give him what he wants and rectify mistakes if they happen. I don't blame the staff I blame the training they probably have been given by their management, and that is to maximise the profit for the company by fobbing customers off when it comes to refunds and returns.

Bottom line is AVOID buying from ebuyer at all costs - or it may COST YOU!

modified review This review was modified by mw558 on August 11 2013 06:17:01 AM

"I have been using ebuyer since 2005 without any problems, However, I recently bought a Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 motherboard from them, it came with a 5year warranty. After a couple months use the item became faulty as the audio jacks had stopped working. I contacted ASUS (the manufacturer) to try send it back to them, they informed me that for the item to be repaired or replaced, i would have to send it back to ebuyer. I then sent it back to ebuyer, requesting a repair or replacement as part of the 5year warranty. However they refused and only gave me a partial refund, I phoned them and they said they would not replace or repair as the item had risen in price, from 120 to 140, much to my dismay i wrote them an official letter of complaint, however they refused to budge. I have contacted them via email several times since, but they always give the same reason.They now have my item and half my money. I have now been in contact with citizens advice, who have informed me that i would have to take this case to county claims court in order to sort this issue out. Customer service are arrogant and don't want to help."

modified review This review was modified by BARSI on April 26 2013 10:07:22 AM

modified review This review was modified by BARSI on April 26 2013 10:07:22 AM

DPontin1

Reviews written: 2

Written on: 26/02/2013
Review of ebuyer www.ebuyer.com
Visit ebuyer.com

I have been an ebuyer customer for a few years now without too much to complain about until now. I tried to purchase goods from ebuyer on the 19.02.2013 for delivery on the 26.02.2013 their website stated that the product was in stock and they took payment from my bank account. I contacted them on the 22.02.2013 to confirm that the order would be fulfilled and they stated that there was no problem after checking with their warehouse. On Monday the 25.02.2013 they changed the status of my order from pick in progress to order placed on their website all this being done without my knowledge or consent. So I naturally contacted them to try and find out what was going on. They then stated that the item was out of stock despite deceiving me on the Friday prior to that point I then pointed out that they had already taken the payment for Goods and service that they were not able or willing to provide this is Fraud as they knew they were unable to complete the order and they had not even bothered to contact me but just took my money from my account I informed them that I would begin action against them as they had breached the terms of the contract and the Law as well they had breached the Sale of Goods act the Distance of selling regulations and the Goods and services act. They then requested that I spend more money with them to upgrade the order for a different item to which I refused to do so as a decent company would have offered to upgrade the order at their own expense as Ebuyer have committed fraud clear and simple this call took 21 minutes at 10p a minute I might add. I then received a call back from another adviser who was again uncooperative and again I informed then that I would begin legal proceeding's against Ebuyer for the cost of the original order as well as replacement goods as they had fraudulently and blatantly breached the contract with myself those proceeding's are now under way using the above laws. This company are highly unprofessional and just plain dishonest as can be seen by the facts above in short I would not recommend this company but just state buyer beware and take from this information what you will.

"bought a few ethernet cables from here very good quick delivery
www.platinumcomputers.biz

"I have always used scan.co.uk for my computing needs but decided due to price that I would buy from ebuyer.

BIG MISTAKE! I am tempted to start a revolt against this company by creating a website called eliar.com as I am furious with their staff, customer service and general ignorance.

The only thing that keeps me calm is the rule of karma.

After purchasing a new setup from them and ringing their useless technical support to confirm everything with the purchase was compatible, they sent the items out to me.

I decided due to know putting a computer build together to a hire a friend of mine is a certified technician in this industry to put it together to me to ensure all voltages were fluent in the machine.

We initially thought we had problems with the memory so we changed the memory, only after some hassle.

Then after smoke appeared from the case "led" fan button which are on the coolermaster fans, we sent this item back to be found faulty and was refunded.

Obviously you dont have to be an expert to know that any smoke or cut outs during a power can be fatal to the setup and or other components in the machine.

So clearly upset I contacted them again as now the bios screen was not working.

Bare in mind, the graphics card they sent out showed signs of being a return as the item was not in a anti static bag and some packaging was missing after a comparison on a youtube unboxing.

We are now incepting court action to reclaim money and time lost and to get our money back for the motherboard and graphics card.

This company is clearly a joke.

Go to scan.co.uk

"Bought a WD Live TV to work on my two Logik TV's (L22LDVB11 and L40LCD11)

Does not work on either!! Tried it on my friends Samsung TV, and works fine.

Because it works on one TV, even though it doesn't work on either of the TVs in my house, Ebuyer will not allow me to return it for a credit note.

Very, very poor and disappointing customer service. This may not work with your TV and there is no way of knowing before you buy it.

Rating 6/103/5

"Good range of products and good prices but phone support can take an age to be answered. Also make sure you have doubley confirmed addresses if you want your shipping address to be different to billing - if there's a problem they just cancel the order and make you do it again! grr"

"I paid £789.55 for a high quality monitor. Then I received two emails. The first said my order had been cancelled and the second said I would have to send a passport photo and utility bill for security reasons as a new customer.
I phoned eBuyerUKs customer support and was told the order was not cancelled, but put on hold pending the security check. I photographed the documents and emailed them to eBuyerUK. The next day I received an email to say I had passed the security check and could now reorder. Reorder? I'd been told my order had just been put on hold. When I tried to reorder, the monitor was still on the website - for £55 more!
I phoned customer services to plead my case but they are experts in fobbing people off. After being put on hold a few times, the eBuyer rep tried to justify the price hike and suggested the monitor specification had been raised (but she could not say in what respect). Then she said the price had gone up because eBuyer had had to pay more for a new batch (again, she admitted after questioning that she was speculating). She would not put me through to someone who had discretion to waive the extra and suggested that I just pay the extra. So after half an hour on the phone I gave up. I said I'd make a complaint about both eBuyer reps I spoke to, but what's the point?
I confirmed with the manufacturer that the specification had not changed, then bought the same monitor from MoreComputers.com for £791.15. It arrived the next day with free P&P and no fuss.
Avoid eBuyer - cheap prices advertised, but expensive on phone bills and stressful to deal with!

"I will never shop at Ebuyer again-because most of the pc components that I have purchased are either faulty or have failed, within a 14 month period and if you consider returning a product then you may have to ship it to europe,which is too much hassle, or you may consider customer services at premium rates, rip off. I have PSU's, RAM, ATI cards,HDD's etc that will end up in the dustbin****. Believe it or not the best online shop I have used over the past 8 years is Amazon,there components and service are excellent. As I have stated I will never shop at Ebuyer again."

Rating 8/104/5

"www.ebuyer.com is my favorite place to get electronic goods. I always get them from ebuyer. The reason being that they offer the best prices on TVs and audio systems there. I got my LCD from them over an year ago. It arrived on time but I could not pick it that day, anyway to cut a long story short finally got it delivered. It was not ebuyer's fault but the delivery guys were really fussy. But that will not stop me from using them in the future. Highly recommend them. Just ensure that you pick the thing you bought on the first delivery date, if you miss it, the delivery will take time."

"Absolute rubbish. Ordered on the Tuesday for Friday delivery. Payment did not go through successfully due to bank error. Ebuyer did nothing to contact me on this. Attempted to correct their error by delivering on Saturday (email received). Package did not arrive. Excuse from customer services was that it would only be dispatched on the Saturday for Tuesday delivery. Order cancelled, went elsewhere. Definitely wouldn't use again!"

"I wouldn't touch Ebuyer with a barge pole or anyone elses!!! We have regularly received second hand goods passed off as new and more recently a warranty that was registered before we even bought a product. Customer service is an absolute joke, promises made and no action taken - you only get to speak to the monkey never the organ grinder!! If you are lucky and get a good item then congratulations. But if you get on the wrong side you will never shop with them again!!!"

"You only really find out how good a company are when something goes wrong, I had two Tv's from Ebuyer and over 2 weeks later am still waiting for a refund. Their customer service team are a waste of time and also pretty rude. Will not put you through to a supervisor, this is the kind of poor service we have come to accept in this country, and it has to stop, stand up and complain to these idiots when something goes wrong.
I would say in general , they might have good prices but I would rather pay a little extra and know I am dealing with a proper company and not Ebuyer - a Micket Mouse outfit

"I bought a Toshiba laptop from eBuyer and paid for Windows VistaB. Although Vista came on the computer, it crashed on the first day. The recovery CD I received was Windows XP. I contacted e-buyer. Their attitude was unbelievably rude. I communicated with Kathy Smith from customer services and she forwarded a very rude email from someone which said I should have created a recovery CD and company cannot help. I talked to Toshiba which suggested eBuyer should help or I should complain to ConsumerDirect. I contacted Kathy (at eBuyer) again. She forwarded the issue again to the relevant department and said she would get back asap. Next 2 weeks I waited for reply and sent her six emails looking for reply. She did not even bother replying. Perhaps she was told to totally ignore me. This was the worst customer service situation I have seen. Now dealing with ConsumerDirect.

Summary: I just recommend you not to buy from this vendor to avoid a painful experience.