Stores > Eastbay.com

Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10

2016-01-28

HORRIBLE Customer Service!

"Eastbay’s customer service (or lack thereof) is very disappointing. The communication was very delayed and rather unhelpful.

I was promised a return shipping label TWICE by two separate reps, and never received one.

I went ahead and mailed the cleats back to (AT MY OWN EXPENSE). I have been in sales and customer service for 10 years, and I would never do that to a customer.

This was completely ridiculous.

This review was modified by Stephaniegardner86 on January 28 2016 03:28:41 PM

2016-01-28

They don't value their customers!!!

"I ordered a pair of shoes 12/6 and i got them in reasonable time, however, i needed to exchange them for a 1/2 size bigger. Well they decided to change carriers and i was unable to change the address with UPS and was told that i cant do that. the closest UPS is an hour away. I had my kneecap removed and can't drive. I told both Eastbay and UPS and neither of them care. I was told that this was my fault that they shipped carriers I called Eastbay and told them that i would forward the email to them. They declined. I ask for the shoes to be sent and tell them that i should get compensation due to this error. I wanted these shoes to help through the recovery from my surgery. I just had a major surgery and needed something to wear to work as i usually wear high heels with being on crutches i cant do that. They tell me well you've already been compensated that $10 was more than enough. Um hello your shipping and handling is more than $10. What good does that do? So apparently i might get these shoes sent back but its not guaranteed. Well now they don't carry the shoe in my size anymore. So i spend $130 on a pair of shoes takes over 2 months and I may not get the shoes and $10 is compensation? I laughed at the lady and hung up talk about poor customer service. So save your money and take it to a company that cares."

This review was modified by gallington6 on January 28 2016 10:30:13 AM

2015-12-10

"Poor customer service!! I made a large order and when I received it I noticed a shirt I didnt order and a shirt missing. I contacted them and they said they would mail me the missing shirt and for me to return the wrong shirt. Over a week later I get an email saying the shirt I wanted was out of stock. I asked about my refund and they said they were holding the money until they received the shirt I was mailing back. They also said returns can take several weeks. So pretty much I get screwed over because of their mistake."

This review was modified by Jlo33 on December 10 2015 09:36:34 PM

2015-12-10

"These guys suck big time, do not rate any stars, maybe 10 negative. Placed a small order with them almost two months ago. It showed in stock when ordered then I was notified it was back ordered. Never arrived. Eastbay says it is USPS problem and that usps left notice that there was no secure area to leave package. Truth is we know the mailman and he always comes to our door or leaves in same place. No notice was left and usps says they sent it back to Eastbay. Eastbay says they can not refund as they have not received it back. all this over less than $15.00.It is obvious from their emails that they are in some foreign country and do not give a shit about customer service."

This review was modified by waynefey on December 10 2015 02:31:17 AM

2015-12-06

"I tried to make an order on eastbay. Entered all the information and placed it. Got an email saying that they have acknowledged my order and should be expecting a confirmation on shipping. Waited several days, with no response from their site. Final got into a live chat with their customer service which said that my order didn't pass their "verification system" even thought the funds where there to be charged.

I was pressed for time, and it was wasted. I cursed at the customer services saying the least you could have done was sent an email stating so, I could have went else where with my business.

He went on to say I can make a re-order. I said why the hell would I do that? you just refused my order, wasted my time as i thought my order was well underway. why would i go back to that type of service.

2015-12-03

"The company does not indicate return processing fee and does not tell you when ask. Not a honest business."

This review was modified by matkohlk on December 03 2015 02:20:31 PM

2015-11-23

"Do not even bother with Eastbay. It is not worth it. I will admit the prices and customer service are not bad. They completely messed up my order. I ordered track spikes and they sent me basketball shoes! The receipt was correct and the sticker on the shoebox saying my order was even correct, but they still somehow messed up the order and sent me a completely different product. They did not even get the shoe size correct! Trust me, you do not want to be spending your time and money on this illiterate online store."

This review was modified by unhappycustomer2528 on November 23 2015 06:41:29 PM

2015-10-15

"If you want tracking number access, quick shipping and quick customer service, I would steer you away from Eastbay.

Maybe I expect more ...but it is 2015
No access to tracking numbers on the site
took 4 days to ship an in stock product
had to use chat for customer service and person took 15 minutes to get me a tracking number, she must of been working a number of chats.

2015-10-15

"Horrible. After they changed the address that I put in and mailed it to somewhere else they refused to reimburse me for it, were incredibly rude when I called multiple times to try to sort this out, and treated me like absolute crap. Do not do business with this company."

Anixes_26's Avatar

Canada
2015-09-23

"After endless hours of online searching for cheap and affordable brand name shoes, i finally came across Eastbay.com. Which made me very happy, not just with the abundance of beautiful shoes but even more reasonable prices. I then placed two (2) separate orders for 1) women Nike Dunk for $85, and i also bought my son 2 pair of shoes a Nike Overplay $49 and a Jordans Flight $59 US dollars. It was only after i found the site and immediately placed the order that i found it necessary to check out customer reviews. To my surprise the amount of negative reviews i saw, was very much overwhelming, and made me frantic, and very skeptical about the orders i had just placed. However, the first order i placed was on the 15/09/15, and to my surprise i received both shoes for my son on the 23/09, and they were as described, as seen in the pictures, and exactly the size i order as well. I was also updated with tracking numbers and the courier in which the products are being shipped. As for an update to my second order, it should be delivered tomorrow, by Purolator. Fortunately i am very happy with my purchases, and will recommend this site to others, at any request. In addition i also called customer service, cause i was having a little tracking problem, and without any worries, i had a solution to my request. Thanks Eastbay for those amazing shoes, and prices. Will definitely shop again, and again."

2015-09-17

"I ordered a pair of Nike air max shoes for my 4 year old son! Picture looked red. But, was orange when I received them! That's what I was hoping for! It's the color we wanted ! Also, fast shipping. Will order from here again!! (:"

2015-09-14

"Ordered a NIke jumper for my sons birthday, Orange for boys
It was delivered quickly but the wrong colour,s tyle and size. sent them photos to confirm it
While they accept that it is their mistake I havent been able to get them to correct the error
It wouldn't bother me as much but my son wanted the jumper and now he wont get one.
They havent offered to refund me the difference as it is a cheaper jumper they sent me nor offered to replace it

This review was modified by peterzoz on September 14 2015 01:56:58 AM

2015-09-13

"Ordered a pair of NIKE W AIR MAX 2015-PK/PK/BK online at www.eastbay.com today. Checked my credit card account online and noticed the charge was made right after submitting the order. Got a voice message from Eastbay asking me to confirm the credit card payment. Called them back. The representative asked my credit card number, billing address, bank issuing the card, customer service phone # on the back of the card, etc. I answered accordingly. Then she asked my birth date saying that's needed to verify the payment. That's too much information to ask a customer to answer. She said without my birth date, they could not process the order. Forget it. I'm not going to give an anonymous person on the phone my birth date, given there are so many Identify Thefts happening. I told her to just cancel the order. The charge is still showing on my credit card account. I'll dispute it if the charge status changes from Pending to an actual transaction. "

This review was modified by zhou_david on September 13 2015 11:53:11 AM

2015-09-06

"They didn't have a problem taking my money a month ago just to tell me 30 days later that the shoes where not in stock and no longer available. Not sure why you would take my money if you couldn't fulfill an order. Thanks for waiting my time and holding on to my money close to 40days. Will never buy anything from this place and will never recommend to be used. "

2015-08-28

"I placed an online order back on August 10 to take advantage of a sale on Nike Romaleo 2s. The full price of this transaction was debited from my PayPal account on August 10. I was told tonight (weeks later) when I inquired on the status of my order, that there was an internal processing error and although Eastbay had my money and would credit it back, my order was never placed. This, to me, is outrageous for a number of reasons. For one, had I not thought to check my own bank account tonight, Eastbay would've kept $130 of my money without saying a word. That to me is unacceptable and when I pointed this out I was not even met with an apology. More importantly, it has been days since this was reported and not only did Eastbay not apologize or process my order - they have not credit my funds back to my account. And considering the shoes I successfully ordered weeks ago are now over $60 more than the original purchase price... I've been forced to waste hours of my time trying to get this resolved, it's still uncertain whether my funds will get credit back to my account (as shady as Eastbay has been acting so far, I wouldn't put it past them to try and keep my money once again)... and I'm forced to pay over $60 to purchase the same shoes I tried to purchase weeks ago from Eastbay."

Share Eastbay.com's store rating

Eastbay.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Eastbay.com is not a merchant member
Eastbay.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!