Eastbay.com Coupons
  • Rating 1.50/10 100 reviews

Eastbay.com is not a merchant member
    Eastbay.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Eastbay.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.61/10 3.61/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Ordered youth Adidas soccer cleats, Adidas shinguards, and adult Nike Jordan basketball shoes on Tuesday afternoon. Order arrived Monday morning, 3 business days later, less than their 4-5 business day estimate. Paid $10 to join Silver Club (free shipping) because the shipping charge would have been more, and I was already using a discount code so could not stack a free shipping code. All items arrived in new condition, correct sizes. A sample of Gold Bold moisturizing cream was included in the box. I had occasion to call customer service before I ordered to see if a particular sneaker style was available, and I emailed customer service regarding a Silver Club question, and both inquiries received prompt and appropriate responses.
I was kept apprised of the order status with timely emails, including a link to the UPS tracking page.
I ordered from Eastbay because (with the 20% discount code) they had the cheapest price on these items (e.g. $8 for shinguards vs. $20 at sports authority). Although I had read the other reviews, I knew that my order was straightforward, and I did not need the items urgently, so I decided to take a chance. I would use Eastbay again.

"Ordered on a Monday afternoon 3 pm eastern time, paid for the 3-4 day shipping. My package was not shipped until Wednesday morning and will not be arriving until Monday of next week. Also sent UPS Ground! Isn't UPS ground not the cheapest rate to begin with?! Why did I pay 5 dollars extra to receive the package within 3-4 days, but get the package 5 business days after I placed the order and 8 calendar days from the day of the order. To me this is unacceptable, as the supposed "standard" shipping would have had my package arrive on Monday or Tuesday anyway. I placed an order the same day with sportsunlimited at 3pm eastern time and it was shipped same day!! Arrived in priority mail two days later for a third the cost of eastbays shipping rate. Very disappointed and will not be shopping eastbay ever again, with their deceptive shipping practices and slow processing time. It's clear that the "3-4" day shipping is no different than the "5-6" day standard rate. Their outrageous shipping costs as well are probably to cover up their promotions. After shipping costs are you really getting 20% off?? probably not, more like 10%. Deceptive, thieving company. I recommend avoiding completely."

modified review This review was modified by npb11b on March 05 2014 05:54:19 AM

"I wished I had read these comments before ordering this last time with EASTBAY.COM...well, this is my true story. I called to inquire about a return of an entire order I placed. I used a promo code to receive $25 off my total of $99 or more but I had to pay shipping (completely understandable). I returned the items in unworn, new condition and the company rep. confirmed receipt of package. Here's where the problem starts...EASTBAY paid themselves $12 in shipping cost I paid on my charge account originally then because I used the prepaid printed label included with the order I had to pay $6.99 for the convenience plus an additional $1.99 for each item returned (this $1.99 business for each returned item was not written anywhere on the shipping label/receipt included with my order. Nor was it implied when placing the order online). The rep I spoke with was stellar absolutely customer service friendly but EASTBAY.COM is a thief! This has happened one time too many for me so therefore I'm out! No more EASTBAY in any shape or form for me...and I used my Bill Me Later account to do business with them...that will not happen again."

modified review This review was modified by Eli0866 on January 03 2014 08:14:35 PM

"This company is the worst ever ordered two pairs of shoes in October to be prepared for Christmas had to return both for the correct size only one pair came back which was delivered on front porch as had all my packages for the last 13 years. Called them one second pair had to reorder again by November still haven't received them .
Eastbay states they were delivered by garage which is a lie , they owe me a refund or shoes this company says they will investigate and for us to cooperate no one even contacted us not even UPS. it was all bogus they just decide to email me with investatgation closed . With no grounds this company lies and steals from hard working customers BEWARE you will not RECEIVE shoes or refund,
They wrote the wrong size down twice needless to say had to buy new shoes 5 days before Christmas .
Please read other reviews on resellers and Jabber his company is doing it to everyone

"Customer service gets a zero, online ease of shopping gets a zero, overall experience gets a zero, everything about this company gets a zero. Why can't I rate them a zero??? I feel like I'm being too generous with the 1 star.

So I bought a pair of shoes online, returned them to them. 1 month later they still say they haven't gotten them. I think they stole my money. I payed through paypal so I just filed a claim through them. My po box said they should've gotten the shoes back within 2 to 3 days of shipping. So they've had the shoes for about a month but according to them they don't have them. I've emailed their customer service countless times and get no response. At this point I'm thinking my little $100 purchase will make or break this company.

NEVER buy from this company. This has been by far the WORST experience I've had shopping online.

modified review This review was modified by ERICKSON808 on December 11 2013 05:31:36 AM

"I will never again give eastbay my business I have had two bad experiences in a row I should have never given them a second chance.  My first order was for cleats for my son I ordered them aug 1 so he would have them to practice in the week before his first game which was Labor day and the first game so basically 3 weeks before I needed them 2 weeks later I start calling because they hadn't arrived the worse customer service process ever I was transferred put on hold too many times to count. Finally we find out it is back in the warehouse where it started for whatever reason now we are days from the game so I say can't you just overnight me another pair I am told no I have to file a claim for a return to have my credit card refunded or buy another pair and they would upgrade me to free overnight shipping.  I was so angry why should I have to buy another pair when they had the ones I paid for long story short I went to Dick's and just bought a different pair of cleats it took a month for eastbay to refund the money back to my account.  Fast forward to last week my son needs track cleats for today 12/7/13 I placed an order for the cleats on 12/2 and pay an extra 14 $ for 2-3 day shipping to ensure I get them by Friday we'll that didn't happen ups has them scheduled for delivery 12/10 they sent them regular ground shipping! !!  When I call them I am told they didn't ship out until the 5th because they have to verify your credit card payment before they can ship and it can take up to 3 days to verify so they are still fulfilling the order requirements because the 10th is 2-3 business days from the 5 th and refuse to refund the extra shipping I paid. Nvm the money was taken from my account on the 2nd the day I ordered them. I am done ordering from east bay."

modified review This review was modified by warmack6 on December 08 2013 07:20:45 AM

"I was promised a refund of return shipping fees from Australia to USA, which are considerable, as I had to exchange a pair of shoes that were too small. Even though this is against EastBay policy, due to their "Fit Promise" they said they would make an exception in my case. The catch was that I first had to ship the shoes back and then call back to request a refund once the shoes were received by EastBay. They did send me the larger shoes back for free, however when it came to me claiming the return shipping fees, they threw the rule book right at me and pretended the refund promise was never made and they had no record of that conversation in their system. Sure, I shouldn't have been so naive to trust the customer service rep at his word and I should have requested something in writing. I guess I thought EastBay is a large, seemingly reputable company so you wouldn't expect them to make promises they cannot keep. Lesson learnt: don't call customer service, rather do everything via email - that way at least you have a written trail. Better yet: just don't do business with dishonest companies such as EastBay."

modified review This review was modified by ddppaa on November 25 2013 04:10:48 PM

"I ordered wrestling shoes and they shipped by the UPS to the USPS service. Over a week and I still don't have the shoes. THE USPS DOESN'T"T KNOW HOW TO DELIVER A PACKAGE."

"Awful site with an awful service! be aware to don't buy anything from this douchebags!! I've ordered a pair of shoes with my credit card, and at first they send me a mail telling me that the order was successfully received..then after a week they send me another mail telling me that the order was canceled, cause they've refused my credit card...after almost a month, passed sending e-mail and claiming my money, they've finally refunded the amount of the order..avoid this site at any costs!!"

modified review This review was modified by youngf91 on November 07 2013 03:58:54 AM

"Eastbay is the worst online company to shop. They have the least knowledgeable and untrained customer service staff of any online store I have shopped.

I made an online purchase just before I moved to a new location. I called eastbay 4 times to ensure that the goods would be shipped to the correct location and followed with 6 phone calls to UPS, and was assured each time that my package would be delivered to the correct address or held at the UPS location for pickup. Of course, they packaged was delivered to the wrong address.

I then called Eastbay again and they put you through a 10-day delivery investigation. 10 days! Their managment and processes for dealing with these types of issues is at an industry worst.

I will never shop with them again and will spread the word so that others do not either.

modified review This review was modified by furiousstyles on July 10 2013 10:42:04 AM

"I ordered retro jordan 8s took the full 7 days to arrive only to find 2 left shoes. Smh Of coarse they were sold out and best i got was an apology, now im going through the return process.. A few years back i had ordered reebok omni lites and then was told they were on backorder. Long story short a month later they did not ship & i recieved my money back. Horrible they dont even box the shoes anymore.. I will never do business again with these people and this is coming from a former club member."

modified review This review was modified by Eastbayslame on June 26 2013 10:09:57 PM

"Very poor customer service. I am having a tough time returning an exchange merchandise. I have been waiting for last 3-4 days to get UPS label but they are giving me a run around answers, They are bunch of CROOKS.
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

modified review This review was modified by ajgohil on June 18 2013 08:29:34 AM

"I bought a pair of sneakers and the K-Swiss Tubes could not totally support my weight so I asked them if I could exchange. They said yes, all I had to do was use the label to return. I then remarked that it too one week from WI to CT (that is CA to CT time), so we are talking about a two week turn around time. I then suggested that I just place an order now for the return and the woman said OK.

Well, once I got my first refund, they deducted $6.99 claiming it was a fee for returns that I should have known about. We argued and then they finally refunded that back to me. The guy then told me that you do not pay refunds on returns when their fit guarantee goes wrong. On my second order - it did. It was too tight and narrow when their system said it was a perfect fit. Needless to say, I got a refund but this time $7.99 was deducted! I had to argue a little less this time, but they will refund that. Between the horribly slow shipping and these hidden fees, this is no place that you want to shop unless you are willing to keep trying on shoes and waiting two weeks for returns/replacements just to see if they fit. Just go to a store.

On a side note, after this I decided to try Adidas and I went to their site directly and the same ones Eastbay had, Adidas had for $30 less - with FREE shipping! To top it off, the shipments came very quick! Stay clear of Eastbay. They were great in the 90's, but not today.

modified review This review was modified by Airingthemout on June 16 2013 09:43:04 AM

"I placed an order on Eastbay for some Jordan Strap Lows. They had a 20 percent off coupon site wide so I figured why not. If you purchase Jordans or a lot of shoes, you'll know that Box Condition is important to a collector of shoes. My Shoes arrived fine, but the box was wrecked. This happened because Eastbay choose to throw the box into a bag with no padding, no cushioning, nothing. Even your most amateur shipping beginner would know a package requires some protection. Eastbay could have easily charged an extra 2-3 dollars for shipping and double boxed the order.

So I emailed Eastbay to alert them to what had happened and they replied by telling me they were glad my shoes were fine. That was it. No acknowledgement that they should have double boxed the item, nothing. No offer of a future discount, no compensation in the future for the damaged box. You would think an established company such as this would have better business practices. I order pretty much everything I buy online, and even the smallest independent sellers I've ever dealt with don't just throw an item in a flimsy bag and send it. It's beyond unacceptable and I will never purchase another item from Eastbay. I'd rather spend more and know my item will arrive in pristine condition, than to save a few bucks and end up with the garbage I ended up with.

modified review This review was modified by Wayne-Jones on June 14 2013 02:04:44 AM

"I found shoes that I really wanted, and Eastbay was the only website that had them for sale in the style/color I wanted. (They were the Adidas AR-D1 Derrick Rose edition in all black with red soles, if you are interested). I had never ordered from Eastbay before, so I checked ResellerRatings and was very hesitant after the numerous bad reviews they have received. I decided to take a gamble--the shoes were THAT fresh! 5 business days later (I opted for standard shipping, which was FREE for this item) they have arrived and I couldn't be happier. The shoebox came in one of those shipping bags, and the box looked a little worn but the shoes themself were in pristine condition. I am very happy I gave Eastbay a chance!"