E.W. / Essential Wonders Reviews - essentialwonders.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.25/10 8 reviews

E.W. / Essential Wonders is not a merchant member
E.W. / Essential Wonders does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"For years I could smell the aroma of coffee, tea, and spices in morning air on the way to work but never really new where they came from. Recently, I found the source and stopped in, to my surprise there is a gem hiding in downtown Akron. The coffee is fresh roasted, tastes fantastic and the customer service is out of this world. I sampled many different coffees and teas which resulted in me buying some coffee. I recommend this store to everyone; you haven’t experienced great coffee or great customer service until you’ve stopped here. The owners are on site and love to talk to the customers, I think it’s great they wanted to educate me on coffee.

Thanks Catherine Marie for introducing me to a whole new world of gourmet coffees.

modified review This review was modified by nursejenny on August 06 2013 05:53:15 AM

"I ordered Cinn Apple Tea and they sent Mint Tea. The BBB has recorded the case as the business satisfactorily approached the problem when the business never even acknowledged the problem. In addition to not sending me the right tea, they consistently lie stating they did send the correct tea or communicate as though I misunderstand labels, they have also lied about when they shipped the tea and why they shipped the tea the way they did. Which was a stupid move on their part. The Attorney General will hear of this and they will have a hard time proving through third parties that "Mrs. Willis placed her order of Cinnamon Apple tea on 11-8-12 and we shipped her order on 11-9-12 via USPS. We were notified on 11-14-12 that the address supplied of Willis ___Syracuse, NY 13210 was incomplete and the package was being returned to us. We contacted the Post Master and found that this address is an apartment building and without the apartment number the package couldn’t be delivered. So I then contacted Mr. Willis by phone and told her I needed the correct address and explained the situation, she was clearly upset but what am I to do. She then provided the correct address of Willis _____ Syracuse, NY 13210 so we updated here order and we shipped a new package on 11-15-12. The next time we here from Mr. Willis is via email on 11-19-12 stating the delivery took to long, and the packaging was insufficient. We then replied on 11-20-12 stating the tea boxes are very sturdy and double boxed requiring minimal or no packaging inside the box. We have been shipping tea this way for over 10 years and never had a damaged box yet. The next correspondence from Mrs. Willis is from Paypal stating she has filed a charge-back implying we sent her the wrong tea and has received a refund."

Because One) They have fabricated a 'shipment date postponed by address discrepancy and fault of customer' though the address on the invoice and my emailed invoice from 11/8 are correct and deliverable. However, if true, they should be able to produce a receipt with the shipping address that they obviously transcribed incorrectly because the invoice is correct.
Two)They never contacted me about shipping or address info verbally or digitally and certainly not physically. But, if they truly believe they contacted me. The phone company can prove it.
Three)I never complained about the packaging 'as insufficient', I complained about the contents of the package and the idiotic and insufficient service responsible for packing those contents. But they can produce this original written statement in court because we only communicated digitally.
and Four) Aside from the overwhelming bad grammar of their statement, this can't be conflated. This statement "and has received a refund" is 100% false like the three preceding claims they make and provable by document subpoenas by the attorney general that will inevitably support my unfortunate case.

Before I was completely subjected to their inventory report because that would prove they sent the wrong tea right? Their first response pretended like they sent me the right tea and i really could not prove that i wasn't trying to scam them like they claim people do because bigelow does not track where they ship their cases. If they did, i could have proven that the cases came from EW easily despite their star inventory practices. But now after so many lies, who would believe their inventory capacity or integrity anyway. I am so discouraged from ordering online, especially out of state because all of this is unnecessary, just ship the right tea and NO, I will not pretend like they shipped what i ordered when they did not and refuse to simply confirm this mistake. BUY ONLINE AT RISK OF BEING SWINDLED.

modified review This review was modified by willikir on December 05 2012 08:38:37 PM

"I called for instructions on how to clean my coffee maker and ended up buying the best Hawaiian Kona coffee I have ever had in my life. There customer service was out of this world and now I have a clean coffee maker and awesome coffee."

"I bought a coffee maker from this merchant on the above date. I called customer service, before my purchase. There customer service is very knowledable and answered all my questions, plus gave me more information. The coffee maker arrived as promised. I love the service I received from Essential Wonders. I was in customer service for many years and they far exceed what the norm."

"I had placed an order for 2 water dispenser faucets for my ceramic crock on the 23rd of June, 09. I was waiting and waiting, got an email on the 29th of June, 09 that said 'order was shipped'. I had replied saying that 6 days is too long for an order for 2 faucets to be shipped out. This was the first time I had shopped at essentialwonders. I also said that this will be the last time.
A CSR promptly cancelled my order and sent me an email stating the same. Don't be attracted to FREE SHIPPING. Choose one of the other merchants instead, might have to pay shipping there.
J

"I contacted this company via phone for information on a home coffee maker. There customer support was by far the most knowledgeable about the products I was interested in over other companies. I ordered the coffee maker and some coffee to go with; to my surprise the products were delivered 4 business days later. I had to contact them again and get tech support on how to use my coffee maker and they were glad to help me. Also, the coffee is great and I will buy from this company again."

"I ordered some Sumatra Mandheling coffee beans on December 15th and received my order on December 19th. I was highly impressed with the quickness of the shipment and the coffee is out of this world. Essential Wonders has made a lifelong coffee customer out of me.

"Avoid this store. They will not fill low cost orders. My order languished for two weeks before I finally received a refund notification via email with no explaination as to why my order wasn't filled. These folks do not seemt to want to help existing customers. They only want to sell big-ticket items to new unwary customers"