• Rating 0.00/10 3 reviews

E.A. Carey Smokeshop is not a merchant member
    E.A. Carey Smokeshop does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • E.A. Carey Smokeshop contact information

"Even if I liked the Magic Inch system, I would never make another purchase from this company. They charge an AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING "annual membership" fee. While you can purchase things from their site without this fee, although you will pay a higher price for everything, I still will not do business with a company that manipulates customers in this way. Sadly, they have a corner on the market for their papyrate filters, so those who like the magic inch system will always have to buy only from EACarey and pay that annual fee every year.

Also, I highly doubt that the tobaccos they sell are their own blends. They just don't seem to be "real" tobacconists. I was interested in trying their cinnamon blend, but I found a cinnamon blend by Stokkebye that was available in bulk through an online store that does not charge me a renewing annual fee.

In fact, if you read the description of EACarey's cinnamon blend and compare it to Stokkebye's, you will see that they are identical. So my guess is that all the EACarey tobacco blends are not their own blends, but blends from REAL tobacconists that they simply repackage and re-sell.

So the only reason to buy from EACarey is if you like the magic inch system and need to buy the papyrate filters. Other online etailers offer better service and just as good if not better prices for everything else.

"took 31.00 for tobacco tubes in november, 2010. did not get the order. complained and they said they would re-ship and order has not come in 5 months , despite repeated calls and emails. i believe they have stolen my money. buyer beware."

"Don't buy from these people! I ordered 28July08 and received an email stating that it had mailed 30July08 via USPS. On 07July08, I still had not received my order and so I called. I was told that it shipped out 31July08 and that I had agreed to allow them 7-10 days for shipping, no matter what shipping option I chose. I was also told that it was shipped by USPS Parcel Post, which is the CHEAPEST way possible.

I waited until 12July08 and still had not gotten my order. I called customer service and was told that the order had "just" shipped yesterday (Monday 11July08), because part of the order was on "back order". I asked why then did I receive and email on 30July08 stating that my WHOLE order had shipped. I also stated that when I called on 07July08, that my order had shipped on 31July08. After a long wait on hold, I was told that my order did in fact ship on 31July08.

I was told that this was strange, because they hadn't received the order back; implying that I was lying. I was then told that all they could do is reship my order, but it was too late to ship today, so it would ship tomorrow 13July08. I asked if they were going to upgrade the shipping, because it had been so long and was told that all they could do is send it UPS Ground.

I then suggested that when they send USPS, that they should add tracking to save themselves money. At that the CS Rep became infuriated and said that they decided to NOT WASTE the money of buying tracking for the THOUSANDS of orders that they send out. I then suggested that they inform you that when you choose "Standard" Shipping that it will be sent out Parcel Post, because most places Standard Shipping is USPS Priority.

The rep then became MAD and started defending "their" Policies. During that time I was told that they ONLY ship on Tuesday's and Friday's, which is why they say 7-10 day's for their orders. This also means that I was lied to about my order "just" going out yesterday (Monday) and that my replacement order would go out tomorrow (Wednesday). I then asked so if I wanted to talk to someone at the Corporate Office, who would I talk to? I was told that I could ONLY talk to HER! She then swore at me and asked me if that was all I wanted (cursing taken out).

*PLUS* - Don't forget that in order to get the listed prices that you have to join a self-renewing "Club". A "Club" that doesn't give you ANYTHING else!