Stores > eCampus.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@ecampus.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-877-3
    • Customer Support: 1-877-322-6787
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.eCampus.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through F

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.69/10 0.69/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10

2016-09-09

Lousy customer service

"Out 75 dollars- return policy is too short- it is impossible since kids need their books before college classes start and by the time the class starts they do not know the access key doesn't work and the 25 days has already gone by. Buyer beware."

This review was modified by katpaige on September 09 2016 01:09:34 PM
Rep reply posted Sep-11-2016

A rep from eCampus.com, eCampusHelp, has responded

“I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2016-09-09

Shipping scam

"I ordered a college textbook from ecampus and selected 2-day shipping for an additional $16+. Later on I went to check the status of my order, and to my surprise it stated something along the lines of, "Shipping 3-5 business days." So I started chatting with ecampus, and it turns out the 2-day shipping I paid for only kicks in AFTER the 3-5 business days. What a ripoff! Needless to say I cancelled my order.

Update: It is now Sept. 12 (original post was Sept. 7) and although a refund has been issued, I still do not have the funds available. So now I can't even buy the book from anywhere else. Digusting place!

This review was modified by Jake8723 on September 12 2016 02:43:41 AM
Rep reply posted Sep-09-2016

“Good morning,

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this issue has caused you. I have emailed you with an update about your concern to the email address provided on file.

2016-09-08

never again

"This place was absolutely terrible. I will never order from here again and I suggest you dont either. First of all, they lied to me when i called customer service asking where my order was. I had placed an order 2 weeks prior and received no shipping information and was told that it would ship the next day. When i didnt receive shipping information, i called back and was told that they would get to the bottom of it and call me back. Not only did they fail to call me back, but they just sent an email out saying my order was cancelled and they would give me a 5% off coupon on my next order. they can take their 5% of shove it, because I will never use this company again, nor will any of my peers. this place ****"

“Good afternoon,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this appears to have caused you. I have emailed you with more information about this concern at the email address you provided on file.

2016-09-05

I feel cheated and manipulated!!

"On their website while purchasing I paid EXTRA to have one day shipping. No time was i notified that it may take them to put the damn book in a box for UPS over two weeks, and then UPS will ship in in 24 hours. When I contacted them, their representative, Robert, was even worse. He never apologized for the inconvenience and rather told me if I wanted to cancel the order.

I don't even know why my university puts this garbage company on their website as means to get books. I really hope you guys get sued!

Terrible, Terrible,Terrible!!

“Good afternoon,

I'm sorry for any delays that occurred. I have emailed you with an update about your concern to the email address provided on file.

2016-09-05

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY HAVE MULTIPLE CASES OF FRAUDULENT ACTIONS PLACED ON COLLEGE STUDENTS. THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF COLLEGE STUDENTS AND HAVE INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. READ THE REVIEWS AND THE BBB REPORTS. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO REPORT TO THE BBB OF THE RUTHLESS CHARGES THIS COMPANY ILLEGALLY MAKES."

This review was modified by Kaarynjf on September 05 2016 06:02:44 AM

“Good morning,

I'm sorry that your experience was not to your satisfaction. I have emailed you about your concern at the email you have listed on file.

2016-09-01

They'll take your book and say they deposited it into your acct, lies!

"I had submitted a book for buyback with eCampus.com and they stated that my order was to be processed within 3-5 business days. A month passes, and I email to follow up, I receive another email stating the exact same thing. I wait two weeks, nothing shows up in my acct. So I email again, I get a response stating that it was processed and deposited into my acct. Long story short, after 4 emails of corresponding with someone probably outsourced in India or something, I do a chat on their website with a representative who was rude and couldn't provide me information on where my buyback refund was deposited and basically ended the chat while I was in the middle of requesting another email with the receipt confirmation of their supposed deposit.

Don't sell your books to these people. They take your books, rip you off and sell your books to other people at an inflated price. Customer service ****, their online chat service ****, and its always the same person responding to the negative reviews with the same generic automated response. You call the customer service number with unhelpful, clueless, and rude people.

They don't even deserve one star. Don't you dare even try to leave a stupid generic response if you're not going to help me.

This review was modified by Cheryl80 on September 01 2016 03:18:36 PM
Rep reply posted Sep-04-2016

2016-09-01

Buy somewhere else!

"Customer service is horrible,shipping is forever and a day. If you want to pay a lot of money for a textbook and wait two weeks before you can have it then fine .
Call customer service and get the runaround and then hung up on.
Horrible just simply horrible and I never ever write reviews, that's how bad they are.

Rep reply posted Sep-01-2016

2016-08-31

The worst online book store I've found

"It is the worst online store in the world. poor service, disrespectful staff, would not recommend to anyone. A more than a week that pays for a book and they can not give me an answer of where my book. do not waste your time or your money with these thieves."

This review was modified by Williespot on August 31 2016 01:44:50 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-31-2016

2016-08-29

Long Wait Time

"I ordered my textbooks for the first time from this website. I'm somewhat upset because it's been about two weeks and one book is still "processing". The message says usually ships in three to five days. I now will not have my book for class. My other books also didn't have tracking numbers that worked until they were delivered. I never knew when they were showing up. "

This review was modified by Dmb00123 on August 29 2016 07:20:48 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-30-2016

2016-08-25

Avoid them like the plague

"I'm a college student and buy and sell books from other students. I sell my books on various sites depending on who has the best price and how quickly I will get my money. It's been more than a month since I last sold my book to them and haven't gotten my payment. To top it off they have crappy customer service that is very rude. When I sent them my book they told me it would take a maximum of 2 weeks to receive my payment after processing. They also sent me an email saying it would take 2 weeks to receive my payment. I called then after 2 weeks and they told me they changed their Terms and Conditions Policy and now it will take 5 weeks to receive my payment. They didn't even let me know about this change. I asked for my book back and they declined that as well.

The icing on the cake is that their website now says 3 weeks to get your payment, but that's not even true. To top it all off, I'm doing a direct deposit with them and the 5 weeks have passed and I have not received my payment. They won't even respond to my emails and the book is worth over $200+.

Take my word and take your business elsewhere with better customer service and better service in general.

Rep reply posted Aug-26-2016

2016-08-19

Horrible wait time for payment

"They expect me to wait 3-5 weeks for a direct deposit when ive sold other books to other comapnies and i get my money in one or two days that its checked in. They would give me a good price for my book but not worth the wait time. never again using this website"

This review was modified by Karen4278 on August 19 2016 01:23:36 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-22-2016

2016-08-04

Go anywhere but eCampus

"Sold a book to eCampus over a month ago for a direct deposit which was supposed to take two to three weeks. Three weeks pass, no deposit. After contacting customer service I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks from the check-in date, an additional 1-3 weeks, due to the "overwhelming response to [their] buyback program" (they're doing such good business they can't be bothered to do business with me!). Six weeks since the check-in date and still no money.

I've sold books to other businesses with zero problems and received my money in two weeks or less. A direct deposit does not take over six weeks... unless you're as incompetent as the fine folks at eCampus, apparently.

Rep reply posted Aug-08-2016

2016-07-28

I was told 10 days, taking 9 weeks.

"I sent my books to eCampus and was told I would receive payment in 10 business days. After speaking with their "Help" Chat they informed me it will likely be closer to 9 weeks to receive payment and there is nothing they can/ will do.

I wish I had used a different site.

This review was modified by Ecoday on July 28 2016 03:15:58 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-02-2016

2016-07-26

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!

"My books were received by their facility on 6/24/2016. I find out today that they were not checked in until 7/11/2016. Over 2 weeks after they were received! I emailed them several times about the status of my account, and no one said that it would take that long to even check the books in. I requested payment or the return of the books. They have had my books for over a month with no payment and no intention of returning my books to me. I understand that when students sell their books, they want to get the most money possible, but consider taking less money and using a different company than Ecampus.com. You may never get paid, or at the very least, have to wait several weeks for payment."

Rep reply posted Jul-27-2016

2016-07-20

Do Not fall for them

"I sold books back to them. A month ago. When I got the confirmation email saying 2-3 weeks for the money I was okay. Then when the 3 weeks can up still had no money. I called then they said They were a week behind. This week I called now they are saying it will take 5 weeks. There is no supervisor to speak with and all they can say is call back next week if you don't have it yet. I call bullshit on their practices. They don't even bother to send an email to the customers about being delayed on payments. "

Rep reply posted Jul-24-2016

Share eCampus.com's store rating

eCampus.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCampus.com is a merchant member
eCampus.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,633 merchant members.