• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@ecampus.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-877-3
    • Customer Support: 1-877-322-6787
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.eCampus.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through F

Product & services pricing Rating 5.18/10 5.18/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.38/10 2.38/10

"Wow. There is no other word to describe how I'm feeling. DO NOT order from eCampus.com! I don't know in what layer of hell they retrieved this website from but I'm positive this is THE WORST book rental I've ever come across.

As a college student, I wanted a cheaper alternative for my books, so what better way to do that than to look up my books online! So, I came across eCampus and I thought to myself, why not? It's moderately cheaper than everywhere else! And to the biggest mistake of my life, I decided to rent a book. It was on the 28th of Aug. that I rented this book and I received NOTHING from eCampus. I was going into the 2nd week of school WITHOUT the book in my hands (And it had already been exactly a week) so I emailed their customer service about how dissatisfied I am. I asked for a refund and, as a customer, I was looking forward to an apology. But do you know what I got in return? A "Your order has been shipped! Here's your tracking number!" No apologies, just a here's your order. I mean, I think I wouldn't have been so infuriated if they didn't give me a fake tracking number. It says that the package hasn't shipped yet, which is hilarious since it's already been 6 days. So in total, I gave eCampus 14 days to ship their item, AND I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT. I've read other reviews and I'm almost positive that they are doing this on purpose. Amazon has an abundant amount of customers and yet they are not having a big of an issue as eCampus. According to the reviews, this has not just happened once, not twice, but MANY TIMES. There is a pattern and they are doing nothing about improving themselves. So besides the additional facts that I've been waiting on the line for about 25 minutes and they are not replying back to my email, I am EXTREMELY infuriated to the point where I am about to file a complaint or fraudulence. They reply to these reviews, but they don't answer calls or emails from their customers.

eCampus, I AM expecting you to grow up and give me my refund. and I am willing to fight for it.

"Worst site ever! Do not buy from this site! I paid $200 for a French text book and never got it! I've emailed the seller and the eCampus customer service, they did NOT reply!!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-12-2014

“Good afternoon,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are working hard to respond to our customers’ inquiries as quickly as possible. I am sorry to hear that you never received your book from the marketplace seller. I have processed a full refund on your order and we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed.
Ecampus.com”

"this is horrible sign up for two ebooks one is fine because you can read it online. but the other on you need to download their reader program. but guess what that program crash every time i try to activate it with my account therefore i dont have access to my eboock. the eboock is doesn qualify for reimbursement . i send them an email and they dont even bother to reply"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

“Good evening,

I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

Ecampus.com”

"HORRIBLE! I CAUTION YOU TO TAKE THESE REVIEWS SERIOUSLY! I WILL NEVER PLACE AN ORDER WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! IT'S WORTH A LITTLE EXTRA TO ORDER FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY, RATHER THAN ECAMPUS. I placed an order on 8/23/14, received an email a week ago (8/31/14) saying my books have STILL not arrived in the shipping facility, (although when I placed the order it said the books were in stock and ready to ship). I am still unsure if they have arrived and how much longer this will take (BEFORE shipping). As a first (and last) time customer, I am HIGHLY dissatisfied with my experience. I put in a request to cancel my order, lets see how long this takes!!! I don't know about you guys, but I'm a college student and my money and time are precious and limited!! If I could give it ZERO stars, I would!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-08-2014

“Hi Amanda,

I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I have sent you an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

Ecampus.com”

"I ordered a book on 8/27 (2 day shipping) but it has not arrived--today is 9/5. I spoke to a representative on 9/2 and was told my book would arrive on 9/5. It has not arrived and I don't have a tracking number. I regret that I didn't read this page of reviews before I decided to do business with eCampus. They don't appear to be reputable and don't have enough staff to handle high volume periods. DON'T ORDER FROM eCAMPUS!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-11-2014

“Good evening,
I’m sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have processed a full refund on the $14.99 you paid for two business day shipping. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed. According to UPS tracking number 1Z29E3W51329108955 your package was delivered on 09/10/2014. I have applied $25.00 of in store credit to your ecampus.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Ecampus.com”

"I got an email that my package was shipped last Wednesday, and I can't still track the package with the information they provided. I have sent NUMEROUS emails and called NUMEROUS times since last Sunday, but got only TWO very short responses that don't even answer my questions. I asked them to locate my package since there was a problem with the tracking information they provided with me, but they just said they sent it last Wednesday and to wait up to FOURTEEN days. 14 DAYS? I would have just paid more and get a prime shipping from Amazon if they stated that when I checked out the order. It clearly stated that it would take 3-7 business days to ship when I checked out the order, but now it's been more than a week and I can't even track my package! And why do they NEVER, EVER answer the calls? It's ridiculous. I am having the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER of customer service in my life. This is just ridiculous. My semester has already begun and that was a $188 textbook!!! I NEED IT NOW!!!!!

I checked my order status, and it still says "order shipped."
If you have indeed cancelled the order, PLEASE UPDATE the status as "cancelled"! I want to make sure that it is cancelled!

My refund has not been processed yet. It's been more than a week. I sent you an email on Friday and didn't get a reply. Please let me know if it has been successfully cancelled.

OK, I am not getting ANY responses from you since last Friday again, and I am REALLY REALLY worried that my $189 is just gone! IF you REALLY cancelled it, let me know ASAP. Otherwise, why is it taking so long? My order status on the website is still the same! I am not getting any responses from my emails and calls!!!!

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-29-2014

“Hi Hyemin,

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update on your order.

Hi HyeMIn,

I apologize that the status of your order has not updated at time, your order status will be updated once your refund has processed successfully. I am sending an email to you at the address on file that will include an attachment confirming that a refund has been requested on your order. I will send you another email when the order status in your customer account has changed. The email will be sent to you from erin@ecampus.com . We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I apologize again for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you.
Ecampus

HI Hyemin,
I’m sorry that you had such a difficult experience. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volumes this time of year and we are responding to our calls and emails as quickly as we can. Our records indicate that your book was shipped from our warehouse on 08/20/2014. USPS tracking number 92419901290129602581127006336 has not updated since 08/20/2014 and your package appears to be lost in transit. I have checked our inventory but we do not have a replacement available at this time. I have processed a full refund on your order and we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Customer service representative
Ecampus.com”

"Horrible Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!!
Not only did they give me the WRONG tracking number, but the customer service lady had the worst attitude EVER!!! Then on top of the I was literally ob hold for 45 min and 6 seconds. I showered, folded clothes, ate breakfast etc. all while waiting to be serviced!!!!!! This is horrible. I will just stick to AMAZON. I have yet to receive my book and it has been over two weeks! There is absolutely no reason for this nonsense

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-28-2014

“Hi Rosy,
I’m sorry you had such a difficult experience. Our records indicate that your order was shipped from our warehouse on 08/22/2014. I’m sorry USPS seems to be having problems with their tracking system. Rest assured this is no way delays delivery of your item; it simply does not provide stop by stop tracking. If you have not received your item by 09/03/2014. Please let us know and we will either issue a refund or a replacement on your order. I have also applied $15.00 of in store credit to your ecampus.com account to be used on expedited shipping on a future order. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

Ecampus.com”

"Bad Company. Never sent books for 2 students. I received confirmation email of order and nothing else.
Left on hold for 1/2 hour being told what a valuable person I was.
Had to reorder books through Amazon and pay expedited fees.
BAD COMPANY!
I just saw the response and it is not true. They never said the order was cancelled and they did take money from my account. Surprised they would lie like that.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-27-2014

“Hi Roy,

I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. Our records indicate that your order was cancelled 08/21/2014. Our internal system recognized some irregularities in the order information you provided. We value our customers and strive to protect their security, our system has cancelled this order to protect your credit card information from potential fraudulent activity. If any funds were debited for this order, they will be refunded to you within a 3-5 business days. An email was sent on 08/21/2014 informing you of this cancellation. I apologize for your wait time to speak with a representative we are experiencing very high call volume this time of year. I have applied $15.00 of in store credit to your ecampus.com account to apply towards expedited shipping on a future order. We hope that you will give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

Ecampus”

"I have been using ecampus for years. Always fast service and the books have always been in good condition. Last Summer, I accidently sent the wrong books to them and another book company. Ecampus's customer service was awful to work with. I was on hold for what felt like hours and they took money out of my bank account without warning. After having to deal with their customer service this summer, I will never use them again."

modified review This review was modified by Climber4Life on August 29 2014 12:18:40 PM

"Update: Ecampus.com canceled my order promptly on request and has stated they will refund my purchase in 3-5 days. For me, it's not a big deal, but a more cash-strapped student could be put in quite a bind waiting for the refund. While I appreciate the customer support folks offering a gift card, my biggest complaint is that I was led to believe the item was in stock, and it wasn't. Amazon notes that the item is not in stock, and the expected date of shipment is 6-9 days, so I went with ecampus assuming the item was in stock. It's more important to me to receive my textbooks in a timely manner than to get the best price. Added an overall star in recognition of the quick order cancellation, and the offer of the gift card, and bumped Customer Service to three stars. ORIGINAL REVIEW: Who wrote these glowing reviews? ecampus.com claimed they had an item in stock on the web site. The did not have the item in stock. When you need books for a course, this matters. ecampus.com claims they ship in "24-48 hours." Let's begin by noting that a significant percentage of online retailers ship your order then same or very next day. It's 2014, for the love of all things sacred. That said, if you're lucky, they'll *process* your order in that time... which doesn't equal shipping. Then, if you're item is out of stock, expect to wait another 24-48 hours for them to tell you they don't have it in stock and provide no ETA. I'd rather purchase my product for the hyper-inflated prices at the schools book store than use this completely incompetent company. If you need support, good luck. If they have a phone number, it's hidden quite well. Luckily, I purchase online with American Express. Ecampus.com may be anti-consumer, but AmEx most certainly is not."

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-27-2014

“Hi Chad,

I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. We made every attempt to fill your order. This is an item that we typically ship from the publisher direct to the customer, however when your order was placed, Pearson notified us that they were out of stock on this item. We did continue to attempt to ship this item to you because we do understand the importance of textbooks to a student. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I have applied $25.00 of in store credit to your ecampus.com account to be applied toward UPS 1 business day shipping on a future order. I hope that you will give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

Have a wonderful day,

Customer service representative

Ecampus.com”

"I found the service quick and easy from checking out to receiving the book itself. I was very happy to see that ecampus carried the book I needed and for cheap as well. I would certainly go and order a book from them if I needed to ever again."

"DO NOT use ecampus! I made a huge mistake by renting from my textbooks from them. I sent my textbooks in the mail 3 days before they were due. The post office had a delay and mixed up my package (which often happens during high rush seasons) and they refused to reimburse me even though I showed proof of my receipt and the post office sent confirmation I had sent it in time. They charged me $306 for a book I found on sale online for $79. The customer service reps were so rude and it was overall a horrible experience. I wish I had read the reviews online. I'll know better next time. NEVER use ecampus. Learn from my mistake. "

“Good Morning Sunjeet!

Our records indicate that the prepaid UPS rental return label provided in your Customer My Account was not used. The USPS tracking number you provided, 9253490110034220180660, was delivered to Indianapolis IN. Our facility is located in Lexington KY.

eCampus”

"WORST experience ever with an online store!! I WILL NEVER USE AGAIN and would suggest same for anyone else. Ordered a textbook on 8/5/14. Talked to the seller on 8/7/14 just to check regarding shipping time frame. They did not see order or have textbook. eCampus swore they sent order; seller denied order of textbook. eCampus told me they wouldn't refund until specified time frame passed. Finally on 8/15/14 I am told I will get a refund in 7 days on a textbook I ordered 15 days ago that the vender never had in stock in the first place. .............. Let me add to eCampus' response... it was NOT an issue with the seller. The whole fault was with eCampus. They dropped the ball... they have my money... they are taking their sweet time refunding it. "

“Good Morning Rebecca!

We apologize on behalf of the Marketplace Seller for any inconvenience. You may leave feedback for the Seller by logging into your Customer My Account, clicking on Order History, click on the order number, and click the leave feedback link. A full refund was processed back to the original payment method. Please allow your bank 3-5 business days to process the funds.

We appreciate your feedback!

eCampus”

"I ordered a book from eCampus.com on 8/8/14, on 8/12/14 I looked up my order to see if my book had shipped. The status was on order, when I asked what that meant customer service said they were locating the book and would let me know when it would be shipped. Today on 8/14/14 I received an email stating they could not locate the book and I get 5% off on my next book. My daughter needs this book for school which is starting soon and the book is now sold out on the other sites, I would have rather paid $20 more and had the book. From the reviews on this site this appears to be a common occurrence with eCampus.com. This is not the way to start off the school year, or good customer service. I don't think ecampus.com should charge you for a book that they are not sure they will be able to get."

“Good Morning Stacie!

I apologize on behalf of the supplier. Most of the time we are able to ship these books in the time frame listed. Keep in mind the availability is an estimate based on recent order history with the supplier. Occasionally orders may be delayed or cancelled because of a change in availability. As a customer courtesy I have applied $15 of in store credit to your account for use on a future order.

eCampus”

"DO NOT order from this website!!!! They would gladly extend your rental but God forbid if you're even just a few days late with your return. I sent my rental via UPS the following week after they were due and they charged my credit card the full amount of the books. Oh but they were so COURTEOUS as to let me know they can refund half the amount they charged my credit card once the books arrived. No other textbook website charges late fees like they do. It is an absolutely ridiculous policy as I have obviously already returned the books. I am NEVER ordering from this website again and you shouldn't either. "

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-12-2014

“Good Afternoon Isabella!

I have sent an email to the email address on file.

eCampus.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCampus.com is a merchant member
eCampus.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,845 merchant members.