Stores > eCampus.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@ecampus.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-877-3
    • Customer Support: 1-877-322-6787
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.eCampus.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through F

Product & services pricing Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10

2016-08-25

Avoid them like the plague

"I'm a college student and buy and sell books from other students. I sell my books on various sites depending on who has the best price and how quickly I will get my money. It's been more than a month since I last sold my book to them and haven't gotten my payment. To top it off they have crappy customer service that is very rude. When I sent them my book they told me it would take a maximum of 2 weeks to receive my payment after processing. They also sent me an email saying it would take 2 weeks to receive my payment. I called then after 2 weeks and they told me they changed their Terms and Conditions Policy and now it will take 5 weeks to receive my payment. They didn't even let me know about this change. I asked for my book back and they declined that as well.

The icing on the cake is that their website now says 3 weeks to get your payment, but that's not even true. To top it all off, I'm doing a direct deposit with them and the 5 weeks have passed and I have not received my payment. They won't even respond to my emails and the book is worth over $200+.

Take my word and take your business elsewhere with better customer service and better service in general.

Rep reply posted Aug-26-2016

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2016-08-19

Horrible wait time for payment

"They expect me to wait 3-5 weeks for a direct deposit when ive sold other books to other comapnies and i get my money in one or two days that its checked in. They would give me a good price for my book but not worth the wait time. never again using this website"

This review was modified by Karen4278 on August 19 2016 01:23:36 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-22-2016

2016-08-04

Go anywhere but eCampus

"Sold a book to eCampus over a month ago for a direct deposit which was supposed to take two to three weeks. Three weeks pass, no deposit. After contacting customer service I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks from the check-in date, an additional 1-3 weeks, due to the "overwhelming response to [their] buyback program" (they're doing such good business they can't be bothered to do business with me!). Six weeks since the check-in date and still no money.

I've sold books to other businesses with zero problems and received my money in two weeks or less. A direct deposit does not take over six weeks... unless you're as incompetent as the fine folks at eCampus, apparently.

Rep reply posted Aug-08-2016

2016-07-28

I was told 10 days, taking 9 weeks.

"I sent my books to eCampus and was told I would receive payment in 10 business days. After speaking with their "Help" Chat they informed me it will likely be closer to 9 weeks to receive payment and there is nothing they can/ will do.

I wish I had used a different site.

This review was modified by Ecoday on July 28 2016 03:15:58 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-02-2016

2016-07-26

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!

"My books were received by their facility on 6/24/2016. I find out today that they were not checked in until 7/11/2016. Over 2 weeks after they were received! I emailed them several times about the status of my account, and no one said that it would take that long to even check the books in. I requested payment or the return of the books. They have had my books for over a month with no payment and no intention of returning my books to me. I understand that when students sell their books, they want to get the most money possible, but consider taking less money and using a different company than Ecampus.com. You may never get paid, or at the very least, have to wait several weeks for payment."

Rep reply posted Jul-27-2016

2016-07-20

Do Not fall for them

"I sold books back to them. A month ago. When I got the confirmation email saying 2-3 weeks for the money I was okay. Then when the 3 weeks can up still had no money. I called then they said They were a week behind. This week I called now they are saying it will take 5 weeks. There is no supervisor to speak with and all they can say is call back next week if you don't have it yet. I call bullshit on their practices. They don't even bother to send an email to the customers about being delayed on payments. "

Rep reply posted Jul-24-2016

2016-07-07

Never Again!

"So I decided to do the book buyback with ecampus, and everything went well until the deadline for me to have received the money for the book came and went. I've contacted customer service not once but 3 times in regards to the check and ultimately was told that they don't know why the check had not arrive and that it was mailed out 2 weeks ago and that I would have to wait 30days before another check could be issued. I will NEVER do business with ecampus again, and I don't recommend that anyone else does."

2016-07-04

scam website!

"I ordered a book I needed for my school through my professor who had suggested this website. I was happy they ship it to the Canada so fast, but I ordered three times thinking my credit card was full or not working due to "irregularities in the payment", and it was not that. I still have not gotten my money back! "

This review was modified by sr1320 on July 04 2016 07:13:43 PM

2016-06-30

Cheap and Easy!

"Best prices on all college textbooks. Rarely find a better deal elsewhere. "

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. We would like to show our appreciation with a little gift to your account. Please provide a valid order number for us to access your account information.

2016-06-01

Worse service ever!

"Ordered a textbook online. Charged my credit card just fine. Order canceled due to irregularity in billing information. Called and asked what was irregular, person repeated twenty times that that could not share that. Had them review billing information that they had and it was identical to what is on my credit card for billing information. Again, could not tell me what was wrong, just to try again, but it could be canceled again. My guess is they do not have book in stock, but wanted to blame billing irregularity. I asked to speak to the Fraud department just to understand what problem was so it could be corrected. No one is allowed to talk to Fraud, not even the customer service rep to explain issue to consumer. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! "

This review was modified by rodneyfrye on June 01 2016 04:25:46 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-02-2016

2016-02-13

never use this website

"i sold my textbook two month ago. Ecampus promised to send the check to me. Two months later they are still "processing". When I sent the email, they replied in one week: if you didn't get your check, we will send it again in four weeks.
In the end, I lost my book and my time.

This review was modified by WysiwygWuwu on March 01 2016 10:37:10 AM
Rep reply posted Mar-03-2016

2015-12-16

"I ordered two books on August 11th from eCampus for the fall semester 2015. Both books arrived within two weeks of ordering (I live in Georgia), one used and one brand new; both were in excellent condition. I returned the books with the prepaid shipping label and they reached with warehouse (in Kentucky) and were returned within a week. The cost to rent two books + shipping was so much cheaper than other websites, the total cost was $48 (it was free to return the books as well!) The instant chat feature on their website helped with any questions I had about renting and returning - with an immediate response. They are very quick to answer emails as well. I was a little skeptical about renting from them as there were a few negative reviews online, but I am more than satisfied with my experience with eCampus and will definitely be renting from them for future semesters!"

This review was modified by whittwhitt on December 16 2015 02:08:02 PM
Rep reply posted Dec-17-2015

“Whitney,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on your future order.

2015-10-22

"Always has the books I need, the service is quick and less expensive than others."

Rep reply posted Oct-23-2015

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I was unable to locate an order with the order number provided. Please provide your customer order number so I may email you a little gift to use on your future order.

2015-10-14

"The book came in just in time for my class and it is brand new !"

Rep reply posted Oct-15-2015

2015-10-14

"Fair price, fast shipping, highly recommend."

Rep reply posted Oct-14-2015

“Good afternoon,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I was unable to locate an order with the order number provided. Please provide your customer order number so I may give you a little gift to use on your future order.

Share eCampus.com's store rating

eCampus.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCampus.com is a merchant member
eCampus.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,513 merchant members.