• Rating 3.00/10 10 reviews

EBC Computers is not a merchant member
    EBC Computers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • EBC Computers contact information

"Samsung Ext. 8x DVDRW Slim Drive, PLUS EBC's typical, worthless unhonored 1 year warrenty.$60.58 plus $30.00 for driving time and gas.

I've been going to EBC for 9 years and haven't had a problem until the last year.The complete jerkoffs that work there are nothing but liars and idiots.

I also have and Invoice for a Toshiba 250 gig hard drive I bought back in October that crashed 3 months ago that EBC didn't honor.

I saw someone say the owner's name is Eddie.
It really doesn't matter, because the words Douche Bag describes every staff member at EBC.

What does EBC stand for though? Extremly bored C**ksuckers.

Anyway I brought my laptop and movies that wouldn't play along with the samsung player EBC sold me.The short little red headed wanna goatee dummy, said no worries you don't need to test it on your laptop,we'll kick it around and make sure the dvd drive doesn't work and replace it for you Monday.

On Monday I called around 5pm, (I had dropped the unit off saturday after they opened)Because I hadn't heard from EBC yet.When I did get to talk to one of thier asian techs, he said it tested out fine on thier computer and that I should have brought my stuff in to test the Samsung ext player out.I did you Jackass's, and you just ignored me.

YOU PEOPLE SUCK! I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED YOUR BUSINESS!

DON'T BUY FROM THESE RIPOFFS.HOW DO YOU THINK THEY CAN SELL THIER STUFF SO CHEAP.

PLUS YOU CAN GET WHATEVER THEY GET YOURSELF ONLINE, IT JUST MIGHT TAKE LONGER TO FIND.

EBC Computers is the most un-professional wanna be business I have had the sorry pleasure to ever deal with.

"Worst experience that I have ever had!!! I purchased a power supply that ended up being defective and they won't exchange it or refund my money. They want to charge me a 25% restocking fee because the box it came in is damaged, although the damage to the box occurred before I even purchased the item. They are very unwilling to help and didn't even believe me that the power supply was faulty until the third time that I brought it back in when they finally tested it. Even after they admitted that the device was faulty, they wanted to charge a 25% restocking fee. I would strongly advise anyone who is considering shopping at EBC computers go elsewhere. They do not believe in customer service. Little do they realize that the 25% restocking fee that they are trying to charge me is not going to make them any money in the long run; it will end up costing them hundreds in lost sales because I will never go back and I am going to be sure to never send any business their way."

"I should have read the reviews on the internet about EBC Computers because for one thing they are right and I would have saved myself some $ and problems with them and defective equipment. I work in IT, am technical, and can tell you seriously that this place is awful and I will never shop there again. I bought a Pioneer DVR-215 dvd burner from them because it was highly rated. However this one had problems in the computer I was building. I had bought an extended warranty from EBC so I figured I was covered and would get a replacement. I took it back to the store but they said before they could do that it would have to be tested.

In the meantime I bought 3 dvd burners from NewEgg including the same exact Pioneer model. It had no problems in my machine and neither did the others. A week goes by and no call from EBC. I called them and they said it tested fine and I could come and pick it up. I replied well what was I supposed to do with a defective drive that wouldnt work in my computer? They said I could not get a replacement but instead could return it for a refund but with a 25% restocking fee because it was scratched and they would have to sell it as used. I said that it would cost me less to send it back to Pioneer. When I went back to pick it up I looked at it and at first couldn't see a scratch. Then I saw a very faint line on one side where it had rubbed up against the cage where you install it in the PC. So let me get this straight, a part that you are putting into a computer where metal rubs against metal and you're not going to honor a warranty because of that and even with an extended warranty to boot?! They won't even give me a replacement?! They are crooks!!! This means that your extended warranty is worthless no matter what and they can "test" it and come up with any result they want and blame you and not have to honor a warranty! I do testing and I don't think they probably performed any kind of rigorous testing that would've identified the problem and now I have to send the worthless drive back to Pioneer! I emailed the owner and explained what I was unhappy about and he never replied. Well there you go. I told him why should I continue buying from there? There was no reason!

A number of the people I dealt with in the store didn't seem to know much about the products they were selling. That can't be a good sign when I go into a computer parts store and I know more than the people behind the counter.

"EBC used to be the place to go when it came to needing a quick part. Their prices have always been inflated, but sometimes you need a place to go when you can't wait for an order over the internet. The other reason I chose them was for their incredible return policy. This is no longer the case.

I purchased a power supply from them for a repair job. It turned out that the motherboard was also damaged, so I was going to return the power supply and let the person buy a whole new computer. Normally EBC's return policy would cover a simple refund. However, when inspecting the power supply, they said there's a few scratches on it, but that "shouldn't be a problem". Then they found that the numbers are smeared (which is how I received it from them). He explained that he would have to call his boss and ask if he could take it back. I proceeded to explain that this is the condition I received it. After waiting a half hour for them to decide, they finally refused to take it back without a restocking fee of 25%. I again stated that I did not smear the numbers and thought that was weird myself when opening it. He then said, "we are not charging you for that, we are charging you for the scratches."

For all I know, the scratches were there when I got it too. Not to mention, they were in a place that no one would ever see when a power supply is inside a machine. I think they are simply being dishonest by saying they were charging me for the scratches, when really they were charging me for the smeared numbers which I did not do.

After waiting another half hour for the boy at the register to discover how to do a refund, I left the store.

EBC used to be the place to go for a quick part, but there is no way I am going back with such a shady return policy.

Rating 6/103/5

"I have used EBC Computers dozens of times over the past 10 years or so. I will never buy another motherboard from them again. I have purchased 4 bad motherboards from them that I had to return. I do not necesarily blame Ed Bodoya, but he does need to take a better look at his return procedures. EBC has always replaced my defective merchandise, but it seems very disorganized and has been time consuming at times. EBC is a good store where if you need something quick, it is available. I would not assemble an entire computer from EBC, but occasionally, I will buy a hard drive or a fan if I need a part quickly and don't worry too much about it konking out within 30 days. EBC offers very good prices and good availablity of parts. I am glad that EBC has hung in there. A lot of the problems with returns is not understanding their policy and trying to make them enforce your wishes when they do go against their policy. The close out items, I would never touch with a 10 foot pole simply because they do not take them back after 3 days, and they are ALL used parts. Be careful. At least they are honest about their advertising of their close out special items. Overall, EBC is a good computer store and they have soom cool looking computers. Just be careful and know what you are doing when you order there. "

"I just bought an entire system. I bought most of the parts at EBC. I was a little nervous to do so, after reading the reviews on this site, but in the end, the fact that they were close and cheap won out. I did have to return the first monitor, but they replaced it swiftly and without complaint. I put everything else together and it worked perfectly. I am very pleased with the merchandise and the service I received at the Ogden store."

"Ive been purchasing parts from EBC computers for a number of years. I too have been in the store when customers have braught in parts to replace or return. From what i've seen in person, and read on this forum, most of these company/client problems can be atributed to the stupidity, and ignorance of the clients, not the company. I have spent over 40,000 dollars a year for the last 8 years at EBC and have only had a handful of defective parts which EBC swapped for me no hassle. I suggest to anyone who knows how to arm a computer without damaging it, to purchase from EBC as their prices are the lowest arround."

"Simply a terrible experience. They are an extrememly rude group of people. Also, I suspect that I was sold some previously returned merchandise!!"

Rating 4/102/5

"I bought a heatsink/fan, it sounded like a JET ENGINE, no returns, so I sold it on eBay. I heard from an employee of EBC Computers that they sell returns as new! As long as the product will post at bootup, they will resell it. They don't even properly test returns, and don't hesitate to resell bad products. I won't shop EBC Computers anymore."

Rating 4/102/5

"If you're in need of anything reliable, buying from EBC Computers is masochism. I bought the parts for two whole new systems from EBC just last week, including two ASUS P4C800 motherboards. I had tons of problems (most notably, random shutdowns and random blue screens and processes crashing on fresh installs of Windows) and since I had two of everything, I was confidently able to narrow it to the motherboards. EBC charged me a $40 restocking fee for returning one of the motherboards with a ribbon cable that didn't say "ASUS" on it, even though it was a brand new cable. I suggested he sell me a new ASUS motherboard so I could give him his ASUS cable, and did so, but when I did, I noticed traces of thick dust around the SIDES of the back connectors, the type that could have only been put there by a case fan over the course of months. Right there I knew I was being sold a well-used part as new, and right there I shoved my entire order back in their face and told them "NO MORE MOTHERBOARDS, just charge me the damn restocking fee, I don't want to troubleshoot your garbage". I wasted one weekend and $40 for the privilege of troubleshooting EBC junk... then went to COMP USA and bought two new motherboards and my systems worked flawlessly afterwards."