DuracellDirect Coupons
  • Rating 2.88/10 13 reviews

DuracellDirect (powered by: Battery-Biz) is not a merchant member
    DuracellDirect (powered by: Battery-Biz) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • DuracellDirect (powered by: Battery-Biz) contact information

"Fraud! Image is a "Duracell" camera battery, sends knock off no name. Cannot be trusted. "

modified review This review was modified by maddg on September 30 2013 06:29:14 PM

"CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!

1) Misleading company name. NOT A DURACELL Company website.

2) Many of the batteries they are marketing ARE NOT
Duracell products. They provide with pretentious
descriptions leading the buyer to believe that they ARE
Duracell batteries.

THEY DO SELL DURACELL PRODUCTS AS WELL. However, it is difficult and tricky for the consumer to distinguish the after-market batteries from the genuine Duracell products.

Returns are always minus shipping costs (both directions) even on misleadingly marketed products.

Courteous customer service employee "Misty" HAS provided me with pre-paid return label and a few days later refunded initial shipping costs AFTER obtaining special permission.

Less cooperative employee "Brian" presented me with technical arguments to justify their unethical in my opinion marketing practices.

PLEASE NOTE: A high capacity battery sold by them may not necessarily be of high capacity. Instead, might be a High-Capacity branded product (the name of the manufacturer is “High Capacity").
In my case, not even the name of the manufacturer appeared on the battery.

modified review This review was modified by T.K. on July 12 2013 02:29:51 AM

"Ordered 3.7 Volt Li-Ion cellular phone battery
for Motorola KRZR K1. Knew it was a knockoff, but took a chance. Battery was delivered in five days. Installed it in the phone and charged it. A week later the initial charge is down to two bars, but holding well--much better than the original Motorola battery. Service and product met and exceeded expectations. I would order from DuracellDirect again. No shipping charge and battery was well packaged.

modified review This review was modified by KyColonel on March 02 2011 10:08:53 AM

"We have typically utilized Duracell batteries in our home for flashlights, small appliances, and other everyday uses, so when my laptop battery was not longer holding a charge for long, I went online to find a replacement. I found the DuracellDirect website easy to navigate, and I quickly found a replacement battery to fit my laptop. After placing the order, I got a quick confirmation that the order was being processed. Within 24 hours, I got another confirmation to let me know the battery had been shipped (Friday, August 27th). On Monday, the battery pack was delivered. The new battery is working great, giving me up to 5 hours of time on my laptop, which is better than I got with the manufacturer's original battery. I will use this website again."

"The customer service agent was very knowlegeable and helpful, an overall enjoyable experience. The batteries arrived well before the anticipated date and are obviously of good quality. I was pleased to find Duracell brand selling these types of batteries and will continue to use them."

"I'm surprised that Duracell is letting these guys get away with such shoddy business practices, because they're certainly not doing the Duracell name any good. I've ordered twice from this company, relying on the name, and both times they have shipped a no-name China-made knockoff with a lower power rating than the original OEM battery -- after stating that the new battery would at least equal the original in power. Never again."

"Junk, not as advertised. No connection with Duracell. Battery life estimated at 10 minutes without recharge."

"I ordered a cell phone battery on 1/8/2008. I still have not received it 2/19/2008."

"I ordered a retail package according to the picture in their web site, but they mailed me a used bare one without package.

Never trust the picture in their web site, they always mailed out a bare one according to their customer service representive.

If you want to buy a used bare one, this web site is the right one for you.

"This store sells claims to sell Duracell branded batteries, but ships generic knock-offs instead.
I ordered a Duracell BP-511A for my Canon 40D and received a Hi-Tec branded Chinese battery with a 1200mAh rating (Canon's is 1390 mAh).

modified review This review was modified by bnlitin on October 16 2007 08:57:01 PM

"Fraud they lead you to believe you are ordering genuine Duracell baterries and then they ship you some made in China generic BS. I ordered backup batteries for my new Canon SD 850 and when they arrived they were generic crap not the Duracells I was led to believe I was ordering - BEWARE stay away. Ordering was easy and shipping was prompt if I wanted generic crap."

"Took 4 weeks to mail a camera battery, and even then it was only sent after a phone call and an upcharge for UPS shipping. "

"The business is peddling no name generic products mixed in with Duracell ones. The product description does not state clearly when the product is a non name generic (and not Duracell). It is easy to be misled into thinking that you are buying a Duracell product when you are not.

PLEASE BEWARE! DO NOT BUY!!