Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Not the Flag Waving Co. You Thought!

Just got my jeans. I was disgusted to see that i just bought Duluth jean that were made in Vietnam. You give the impression that your home grown USA from Wisc., WRONG! I will buy from a company that has Made in the USA clothing. One, you should post where your clothes are made, not just saying “imported” (which I didn’t notice until my wife went back to the site to re-read the info). As a decorated Vietnam Veteran I would NEVER had purchased these. Vietnam, a country we were at war with and lost 57,000 young men. A Country that is still Communist and we are supporting them with OUR money for clothing you order from them. Duluth Trading will NEVER get another penny from me. I was excited about your line of work pants until I read the label. I will definitely post this on our website Vietnam272nd.com and other military sites that cater to veterans that you do not support USA produce (except for a small handful).

Your site says, and I quote “Wave it loud & proud. USA made jeans (1 pair), shirts, belts, work boots & shoes let you work in comfort - and tell the world Made In America matters”. How can Duluth stand there and make believe they are a flag waving company?

I will pay the return fee of $6.95 gladly just not to wear a pair of pants made in a country that I fought against and lost friends to. Maybe you should solicit Jane Fonda as your company spokes person.

An angry and disappointed ex-customer,
Ron

"Winter Clothing for myself and as gifts. Excellent quality and service. Ordering is easy. Delivery is quick. Clothing meets my needs for outdoor activities and work."

modified review This review was modified by Lygalyn on January 30 2014 12:29:32 PM

Earth.

"Very well made clothing, except the "Buck Naked Underwear" line is seriously overpriced and let's just say the front pops open a lot. As another person said their LongTail t-shirts a cut pretty big - You could probably go down one size safely.

I would order from them again.

"ordered 2 "longtail T" t-shirts, since I'm tall. Ordered XXL, but they are a little big on me. Some other companies, I have to buy XXL, but with Duluth I could probably go with XL. I like the extra length, most t-shirts are too short for me.
Shirts shipped fast, and quality seems great.

only complaint was the $9.95 shipping... high for two t-shirts in a plastic bag mailer.

I'll order again from this company.

Portland, Oregon

"Rather than using the website to order, I phoned to get more information about a $199.00 briefcase with laptop insert sleeve I wanted. The customer service person was not familiar with the product. The laptop bag dimensions were not listed on the website. The responses to my questions and my next questions were circular and required my asking to speak with someone else. Same thing occurred. Finally, I was able to get the dimensions of the product.

I ordered the next day via phone and the product was quickly received in excellent condition. HOWEVER, the dimensions of the laptop bag were not correct. And, the sleeve had some rough nylon stitching which would clearly scratch my laptop. Additionally, there was a small flaw in the briefcase stitching. It appeared to be a Chinese knockoff of other similar briefcases I saw elsewhere on the net.

Otherwise, it appeared sturdy enough and would last quite awhile as advertised. If the laptop sleeve was not an issue, I am sure that Duluth would have remedied the issue with the briefcase stitching.

I returned the briefcase; received by Duluth on 9/28/07. The website lists a "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" ... "The back of your packing slip serves as a "pre-authorized" return form. Just fill it out and return the product. Your exchange or refund for the product's purchase price will be processed in 24 hours or less."

Today is 10/2/07 and it required a phone call to see why my return wasn't processed. Again, the first customer service person was not able to explain and could only answer that "were are processing returns from the 26'th today". In apparent frustration with me, she connected me with a supervisor who promptly stated she had processed the return while we were speaking, and included the shipping charge, a pleasant surprise.

Would I order again from Duluth? I probably would, because some of their products are unique and sold only by them, such as clothing. Some other items, however unique, I have found elsewhere on the web. The briefcase I returned for example, I have found hand made and customizable on another website, (see my other review!) and for the same price or a small bit more.

Customer service is fair to average. On a good day, it is average to good based on 7 calls over 3 different days. The general customer service folks are a little under speed and the supervisors seem to do what I expect from a knowledgeable first tier customer service rep. In all, the phone service is a little 'goofy'.

Duluth has some interesting products, some that are 'knockoffs' and others, 'original'. How to know? Do a search for similar products on the web. Overall, they seem like 'nice' honest people who could do a lot better.

modified review This review was modified by windance on October 09 2007 02:15:33 AM

"I have purchased a lot of clothing from Duluth Trading. They take about a week to ship. The clothing tends to be large - wide; it is designed for construction workers. This has caused me to return some items due to mis-sizing. They are great about such returns. They are also very responsive to customer suggestions. I have made a few clothing design suggestions, and seen them show up in later catalogs."

Duluth Trading is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Duluth Trading is not a merchant member
Duluth Trading does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!