Drugstore.com Reviews - drugstore.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.67/10 214 reviews

Drugstore.com is not a merchant member
Drugstore.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Only once before (stash.com) have I had such an atrocious experience shopping online. I made a purchase on drugstore.com -my first in over 10 years. I was asked my address as part of the purchase, which I provided. Their system used this address for billing, but used the 10+ year old address for shipping. I called to request it be fixed and was told the wouldn't unless I paid an additional $12 for them to notify FedEx. I informed them there is no longer a house at the address they were using, but they did not care. I requested the order be cancelled and my request was refused. I stated that since I was not willing to pay an additional $12 on a $30 purchase, since they refused to correct the error or cancel the order my only recourse was to notify my credit card company and dispute the charge. I sent a complaint to their office and called FedEx and my credit card company. Today I received an email stating they verified that I cancelled the order through FedEx, but since I contacted my credit card company they will not issue a refund. However they did add that I am a valued customer. (I am still laughing over that one!!!!)"

modified review This review was modified by kulbreez97 on April 08 2014 05:44:43 PM

"Drugstore.com has everything. Your order is on the porch in 2-3 days, about the same time you spend in line at the local drugstore.
I use this store for everything I would purchase at my drugstore, but half the price.
They also offer a percentage of what you spend back, so everytime you shop you earn on your next purchase.
Unlike Walgreens where you dig through your purse to swipe a card and from there, nothing happens. I've never received a coupon, nothing. It only gives you the sale price, which you should get to begin with.
I remember the days where if something were on sale, you just walked in and purchased it. No 30 tags hanging from your keychain, just a sale.
I highly recommend this store. I am very happy to be a customer.

"It seems that every time I order from this company I have a problem. This is the last time I am ever ordering from them again. I made a small order of 4 items but the most expensive one was conveniently missing, although they charged me for it, taxed it, and it was listed on the invoice. They must not be very efficient AT ALL in the their box-packing department. How someone could put an invoice inside a box and not see that they didn't include the largest, most expensive item in my order is beyond me. Now I have to try and wrangle with them to get my money back. >_< Never again."

"I rarely if ever write reviews, but this company deserves one. Their phone customer service sucks so much I have no word to describe it (except for capital letter SUCKS!!!). I returned part of an order almost a month ago and still haven't received my refund. I have called the company several times and every single time none of them has any more information than what I can already find online through the tracking number and their standard line "We need 30 days to process a return." The people are beyond RUDE. I have never talked to a "service" line person that is so incredibly rude. I got hung up on once, got interrupted constantly when I was explaining things. If you people don't want to talk to me, why do you even have an 800 number? I wrote a complaint email to their general box and of course never heard back.

So I called today again and again the incompetent, no-information rep repeated the "30-day" line. I told her that in this day and age 30 day is a LONG time to process a return. She said rudely "Well, it's a 300-dollar order so of course we have to process it." EXCUSE ME?? First of all, I only returned less than 200 worth of the goods, and secondly, once I returned a 1000 dollar camera from Amazon and they processed it within 2 days of receipt!!! Being prompt on refund will not hurt your bottom line, but strengthening it. I ended up buying (and keeping) way more than 1000 from Amazon because I know I can trust them with prompt and courteous service.

You are not winning or even keeping business if you continue this kind of nonsensical practice and rude customer personnel. I am NEVER going to buy from you again and I will TELL anyone I know to stay clear of you.

You SUCK!!!

P.S. I just read through some of the other reviews and wished I read them before placing my order. Looks like return has been a nightmare for ages and some take months. What a joke! I will call again once the 30-day mark is up and will continue calling them and asking for their supervisor until they refund me. They cannot get away with it.

modified review This review was modified by hatedrugstoredotcom on December 27 2013 08:17:45 AM

"I usually never write reviews, but this company deserves one. Drugstore.com carries all the top brands for much less. I order from them monthly and will continue to give them my business. Customer service is great, with little wait time. Definitely worth checking the site out."

modified review This review was modified by christineblackheart on July 26 2013 08:28:15 AM

"I don't order much online, but happy to find one that seems to carry most of what I need. When I do, I continue ordering from that particular one as long as I can obtain what I am looking for there. I have never had any problems with my orders there. They ship quickly and I am happy. Hopefully, it will be the same here with this order, I am trying to place."

Rating 4/102/5

"I put in an order for shampoos and lotions and was excited about the great deals I found. However, I waited for a little over 3 weeks and I still did not get my package. I tracked it and saw that it ended up in a different state. I contacted the company and they agreed to send me another package -- same scenario with the replacement package ending up in a different state. I finally asked for a refund and thank goodness they were able to give me one. I don't know if it was drugstore.com or the delivery/shipping company, but I don't think I'll ever order anything from them again."

modified review This review was modified by elizaat3 on July 01 2013 05:45:39 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"I was a little hesitant in buying seeing the reviews, but:

My simple order for toothpaste went through fine. It's become increasingly more difficult to get my toothpaste at stores, even Amazon. Drugstore.com had it at a fine price. Bought enough to get free shipping. 3 business days later it was at my door. Good enough for me.

"Their products were fine but I CAN'T STOP THESE NEWSLETTER EMAILS.

I've unsubscribed 10+ times. They automatically sign you up for drugstore.com AND beauty.com newsletters. How many times do I have to do this before they stop emailing me their garbage?

I will never be shopping there again. BUYER BEWARE.

modified review This review was modified by garbagewebsites on June 05 2013 06:31:05 AM

"I never had any such bad experience as today when I contacted your customer service. I placed an order on 26 Apr and Drugstore charged my credit card saying that my item is shipped. I did not receive the item and I almost forgot about it. Today when I saw the status it says shipping label is generated on 29 Apr. Since today is 12th May so I wanted to know the status. They said the item is out of stock and it never got shipped. We are going to refund your money. Luckily I remember I called these guys otherwise they would have taken my money and never returned it. When I complained about that the CSR told me that she didn't take the money but company did. I will never do business with you again."

"*** Not Reliable ***
Ordered FSA eligible items on 12/27/12, they canceled my order on 1/9/13. When called, apologized and said can not do anything. Because of them lost over $300.

Please stay away or take extra precaution if you are ordering last minute like I did.

modified review This review was modified by ne2010 on March 25 2013 03:41:06 PM

"THEY SELL EXPIRED PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!! I ordered an organic papaya face kit. Now beauty products, especially organic ones without preservatives, have a distinct shelf life. The products I received had an expiration date of 08/10...uh its 2013. Not cool. I didn't even realize the product was OLD until I USED it, noticed it had an "off" smell, and my face broke out in a horrid allergic reaction. Buyer BEWARE. They did refund my purchase, but how can I ever trust a company that does this kind of stuff again? I can't. Shipping is another issue. While fast, you can never guarantee you will receive the package! Happened to me 2x! They use a shady shipping service called Lasership."

"I buy my protein bars on drugstore.com. They ship quickly and I am always pleased with the cost. Lots of sales. Good experience."

"Drugstore.com refused to honor their promise to send me a $25 restaurant gift card. They made a false claim that their system didn't acknowledge my purchase. Customer service said I did indeed make the purchase and met all the requirements. However, because their system didn't acknowledge my purchase, they will not send the gift card. This company is one big scam. I would open a lawsuit if I had the money. Hopefully, I can at least help you from falling for their scam! Don't buy from drugstore.com"

"Terrible seller. They shipped the wrong order to me. When I called they asked for a credit card to put on file so they could re-ship my correct order. I said I already paid for it and they said, yes, but they need a "portal" in which to send the correct order. That's a crock. I canceled my order and they said they would refund my money when they received the wrong order back from me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and magically they are now refunding my money immediately."