Stores > Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc
  • Drs. Foster & S

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc by clicking a star below.
2017-06-05

Complete Order didn't arrive

"My order arrived on 5/25 and there were products missing. There was a note stating that certain items were backordered and would be shipped on 5/30. As of June 6th, no completed order and no communication as to the status of the the missing items. 1) If they do not have an item in stock, it should be listed as backordered, so you can have the option of ordering time sensitive items somewhere else 2). The lack of follow-up on backordered items is appalling.

2017-03-14

Can't get around to shipping

"A full week after placing an order for my dog's critical pain meds, I received an email at 11:15 pm saying the order had been shipped. A week to ship would have been bad enough if it were true, but another 24 hours later, the USPS web site says that they have only been advised to expect a package for me. F & S hasn't actually delivered it to the post office yet! No apologies or even sympathy when I called Customer Service. This will be my first and last order to this company!"

2017-01-25

Maximum happiness

"I ordered 7 bags of rabbit treats about a week ago. Shipping said it would take about 5-7 days. I received my correct order on time! I was reading all these bad reviews and started to get worried that I would get the wrong product or it wouldn't come for weeks but Drs. Foster and Smith proved them wrong. I had ZERO issues and 100% customer satisfaction. Price was cheap too! "

2016-12-06

Don't send your prescriptions to Dr Foster and Smith

"I placed an order weeks ago for my cats Felimazole in addition to many other items. When I became worried that it wouldn't arrive in time, I called and had it expedited...supposedly for two day shipping. Three days later still no package. Called again, unknown what happened to that package. One problem after another and I still do not have my medicine. Changing back to Valley Vet! "

2016-10-28

MR.

"customer service is great and very pleasant I have been dealing with foster & smith for a few years now and they resolve any issues you may have very fast"

2016-10-15

wrong products/backorders

"I haven't been just a one or two time ordering customer. Besides the wrong product being shipped and then having to wait for what I ordered they have been on backorder for a product that is available through the manufacturer as well as other companies online and just extended it another week. Who knows what they will say after that.
Undependable,
Are there really vets who run this business? How can you "run out" of a product that the manufacturer has plenty of? I will not be ordering ANYTHING any longer. I now have to wait again while I wait for my order from another company.
AND THAT'S HOW YOU LOSE CUSTOMERS - ONE AT A TIME

2016-08-28

WORST service EVER

"This company is by far one of the WORST I have ever encountered. I can't even tell you how HORRIBLE their customer service is and how RUDE and inefficient they are. I registered under MY e-mail address with MY name and MY vet's information but yet they had my prescription under the previous resident's name and faxed the script request to MY vet under a totally different name. Days later I called out of curiosity as to why it is taking so long to get my order going and then I found out that they have made a clerical error. No apologies, no attempts to even get the order going. I have been chasing my vet to send them a script instead of them doing it. It has now been 5 days with ZERO progress. I've called multiple times to Dr Fosters and Smith only to have women rudely pass me over and put me on hold. If one of your agents made the clerical error shouldn't you be making the phone calls to the vet? Shouldn't you make an attempt to correct this. At least give an apology! PetCare Rx has way better service. Go spend your money where it's appreciated."

2016-08-26

NeverAgainDrsFoster&Smith

"I will never purchase anything from this company again.

I returned an order I placed, and according to UPS tracking, they received my return on 8/12/2016. Today (8/26/2016) after almost two weeks I still haven't received my refund. I contacted customer support, and was told it takes up to three weeks to issue a refund? Three weeks? You get to tie up my funds for THREE WEEKS after I return your merchandise?

So I complain, and after providing the UPS tracking number, and name of the person who received my return, they agreed to issue a refund. Then they tell me that it will be an additional 3-5 days to process my refund!!! This is ridiculous, they didn't need 3-5 days to charge my credit card, and in this day and age refunds should be instantaneous. It's nothing more than a transaction and it doesn't take 3-5 days. This is horrible customer service! Never again will I deal with this company.

2016-05-17

Good as it gets

"Had to order a new canister for Ro unit when ordering it was past the cut off time for next day which poped up every step of the ordering process ordered anyway expecting it to ship the next day but received email 2hours later that it shipped and will get it tomorrow that's what i call good service love foster and smith"

2016-03-15

Best customer service!!!very happy customer

"I love this place wish they had better fish equipment selection but their customer service is one of the best and the only reason why I check this site first before I try to find it somewhere else. "

2015-05-27

"I've shopped with Foster and Smith for years and never had a bad experience. I returned a dog coat that didn't fit and received a full credit. Many internet retailers, charge a restocking fee. One reviewer complained about late delivery of medication, and said that caused his dog's death. I'm sure that he could have gotten a few doses from his vet. He shouldn't have been cutting it so close anyway. It's either a fake review, or he isn't a very responsible dog owner and Drs. Foster and Smith shouldn't be faulted. Since I can't drive, having their high quality dog food delivered to my home is much more convenient than struggling to get a 28lb. bag home on the bus."

2015-02-22

"I ordered the exo terra 36x18x12 low terrarium from dr foster and smith on the 13th of February, waited until the 18th and still didn't receive a shipping confirmation email so I called them. The lady put me on hold when I told her what my order number and name is.. Then she told me it had been shipped out on Monday the 16th of February and that they would send me a confirmation email.. Waited until the 18th and then I emailed them asking where my confirmation email was and they sent me one on the 19th saying it shipped out the day before.. Days after the day the lady on the phone claimed it had shipped out.. And another thing is the tracking number link for the "ups ground" sent me to fedex.com when I clicked on it and it says the tracking number doesn't exist, so I go to the ups website and it also doesn't exist there either. These people are full of crap! That tank better not be cracked or broken or I'm raising holy hell!! "

2015-02-04

"I will never ever order anything from this company again. I've never received the package because they put a wrong name and not exact address I gave them. When I claimed with them about this, they denied to refund the money back. Instead, they were pushing to reship to that wrong name with the wrong address. "

2015-01-16

"I never write bad reviews but this one was well deserved.

Awful service with a bunch of lies. 2 weeks later, order still hadn't shipped, and the excuses just kept piling up so I opened a case in PayPal to get my money back.

The #1 most used lie from customer service (called every other day): "Your order has already shipped. The item ships directly from the manufacturer. Once they provide us with a tracking number it will be emailed to you." Obviously customer service has no idea what they're talking about because the order never shipped.

Once I opened the case in PayPal, the company refused to respond and held my money for another week. It was then noted that the order had never shipped (thanks to PayPal customer service getting to the bottom of it).

My advice: Use a different website to order a cat scratching post. This company feeds customer's nothing but spoonfuls of excuses.

2014-12-16

"Horrible customer service. I ordered an aquaponic garden on cyber Monday only to receive a confirmation email stating it was on back order. Most legitimate businesses display "out of stock" on the shopping page so that customers don't waste their time. When I found out it was on back order I contacted customer service to ensure I would receive it before Christmas. I was told that they couldn't make any guarantee. So I told them I wanted to cancel the order and asked if I would receive an email to confirm my cancellation. They told me I would receive it within a half an hour.

next day I still had no email. I contacted again and they told me that the order was cancelled and that they are going through their emails to send out cancellation notices.

it has been a week and I still haven't received the cancellation email which means it hasn't been processed.

they had no problem taking the money out of my account but it seems to be a real issue to give it back.

DO NOT bother ordering with them. It's been an absolute hassle.

PS- I was able to get the same thing for $20 cheaper and it already has been delivered to my house.

Share Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc's store rating

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member
Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!