Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"killer pricing, way better quality of millet spray than found in chain pet stores, fast shipping & perfect fulfillment.....what more can you ask for????"

modified review This review was modified by searsclearset on July 30 2014 10:22:13 AM

Maine

"I have ordered many things from them, but this review on want to concentrate on their live fish.
I have several aquariums and am a very serious marine aquarist, but live in a very remote area with virtually no local options for me to get livestock. On top of that I like to have very rare, difficult to keep fish, especially boxfish.
I had ordered from other online stores and had minimal success. Boxfish either died in shipment or shortly thereafter. It was so bad I was beginning to doubt my own aquarium quality. Mind you these are $150 EACH fish!
I decided to try Drs Foster Smith/Live Aquaria as a LAST SHOT-and boy was I glad I did.
The first thing I noticed is that their packing is very different-they do not SKIMP on water or box size to save money, they obviously do what is best for the FISH. Next thing I noticed is that there was fish poo in the bag-this made me VERY happy-why?-because that means the fish WAS EATING! Boxfish are very difficult to get to eat in captivity-and this was something I didn't notice in any of the other shipments from other companies I received-so right off that bat I was encouraged.
After ONE DAY of adjusting to my tank, the boxfish i received from this company started to eat-a miracle! The second day he not only ate but ate like a ravenous monster! I couldn't have been more thrilled.
Months later he is still thriving in my tank, and I have come to the realization that what they say about their stock is TRUE-they keep them in quarantine until they eat and are doing well, THEN they ship. Other companies will ship out before the stock has been stabilized, thus why there is not a high success rate in the long run.
I will definitely consider Live Aquaria a primo source-if they cost a bit more they are WORTH every penny!

Maryland

"They are fine except when it concerns a Rebate associated with a Rx medication, in this case Trifexis.
My order came with the 6 months supply of Trifexis but was NOT in a Trifexis box. I called the Drs F&S pharmacist, who told me that they don't send the Rx in the Trifexis box but will credit me with a $10 store credit. I toild her that was not acceptable. At $96 for a 6mos supply, I wanted the $10!!
She said that is not the companies policy. Store credit only! Then I HAD to send the original invoice back to get the credit. I said now wait a minute!! You have the original order why must I send the shipped invoice back????????
She stated AGAIN that is the only way to get a rebate.

I will NEVER do business again with this company. I informed the FDA that this supplier doesNOT ship in product boxes but in loose dosages.
That is a violation of FDA practices!!! They are investigating.

Extremely POOR customer service and business practices!

modified review This review was modified by danpbphoto on March 14 2014 02:17:02 PM

"They did not openly state that their sweet potato sticks were made in China. I sent them back as all food products from China should be regarded with suspicion. If you are about your pet do not purchase these. They would not permit me to post on their site."

"While I have used them several times in the past and have been fairly satisfied I feel that I can no longer use them. The prime reason is in their so called reviews. I recently ordered several items and found one item unsatisfactory. It was their sweet potato chews. When delivered I found they were made in China, no mention of this on their website. My vet says to never feed any item made in China to my dogs. When I went to submit a negative review on this item the review was denied. As far as I am concerned reviews that are selectively posted do not accurately represent a product. Last time I will use them."

"Great Service. Quick Shipping. Will Buy Again."

"I ordered heart worm medicine once from DF&S without issue. The second time I tried to order, it was borderline harassment for both me and my vet clinic. They repeated called, email, ignored faxes, etc. I finally had to cancel my order. I tried to save a few dollars by ordering the heart worm meds through them, but it certainly wasn't worth it. I guess I'll go to the vet, pay the higher price and not be so darned frustrated. "

"I wish I had read the reviews first! Cindy, their customer service manager was the worst person I have ever dealt with on a problem. I was disconnected from our call in which I was expressing my dissatisfaction with heavy duty gates I had ordered. I called back one minute later and received her voicemail. Her response was generic and I'm sure the same way they deal with ALL customer service issues... I.e. SEND IT BACK AT YOUR EXPENSE! No apology or concern for the issues I was having. Was told I would have to deal with the manufacturer. They are a huge company all about SELLING USING A DOCTORS NAME FOR MARKETING WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BACK UP! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!"

"I've ordered many items from Drs. Foster & Smith over the years and have always been pleased with the prices, products, and service. I always receive every purchase promptly and exactly as described on the site. I have only had one problem with any item I have ever purchased--in my most recent order I purchased a $180 fish pond pump that worked for about 10 seconds before it completely died. When I called, the representative I spoke with was very polite and friendly, and sent me a pre-paid label to return the purchase. I receive a full refund a couple of weeks after I returned the item. Very happy, will definitely continue shopping with Drs. Foster & Smith."

"I am more than pleased with my purchase. I discovered this pharmacy while doing research to find a replacement for Interceptor, which is impossible to find right now. I haven't wanted to use anything else, since my dog does really well with this medication. When I found it at Drs. F & S I was a little reluctant to purchase it. I was afraid I'd get an email a week later telling me it wasn't in stock. I called the company to make sure it was in stock--they assured me that it was. So I ordered it. By the end of the day they had called my vet for the prescription and my order shipped the next day. I took advantage of the free shipping, which I hoped wouldn't mean a terribly long wait. After ordering I became concerned that the medication might expire before I had a chance to use it all (I ordered a year's supply because it's so hard to find). Well, my order arrived today, less than a week after ordering, and the medication is good for two years. I am beyond pleased! Very happy to have found this pharmacy!"

"Bad customer serivce...still no refund! Plus it cost me $18 to ship product back and $6 for them to ship it to me. Never again Doctor Foster/Smith!"

"Had only good experiences with them. I can say the only negative is that they don't pack things well enough sometimes. Once I had an item returned by the shipping company to them for damage before I even received it and they resent the shipment 2nd day shipping. Another time I received live aquarium sand with a small slit in the bag and they reshipped a whole new bag without an issue. Even once when Fed Ex mis-shipped a package they shipped out a replacement without question. I'm really surprised to see so much negative feedback. I haven't really had a bad experience yet."

"Prescriotion service is completely incompetent. Ordered Interceptor and more than half if the pills will be expired before dosed. This was the second shipment as the first was sent to an incorrect address and returned to Drs Foster et al. Called to resolve and frankly they really do not care to correct the situation. Don't bother ordering here, it's just not worth the trouble and poor treatment."

"I've noticed the last couple times I ordered that it takes awhile to get the shipment. Not as fast as it used to be, although with free shipping you expect that. This time though it makes me upset. I ordered a dog bed for my arthritic dog. I had looked at their 'free shipping policies' and I believe it was this site that I noticed it takes 24 'business' hours for it to ship - that's 3 business days in common language. At any rate, it should be received within 7 days. After 6 days of no email updates, I did the chat online thing (which really is nice). Apparently they left a message at my house that the color I chose wasn't available, only one other color. I can't believe it took SIX days for just that. I said whatever was left was fine and asked now how long will it take. They said another 7 business days - that's a whole entire week. So in total it will be 17 days! She said she'd do what she could to expedite it. Not sure what that means and was too aggitated to ask. So in that sense, Drs F&S has gone downhill a bit."

"Wide variety of products for all types of pets. Makes it easy to shop one place to get everything you need. Very competitive prices. Low minimum to qualify for free shipping. Shipped out quickly (next day after order placed) and was delivered within the time frame expected. Was packaged really good with lots of "peanuts". Order was problem free. I recommend them and will order from them again. "

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member
Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!