Product & services pricing Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10

"Horrible customer service. I ordered an aquaponic garden on cyber Monday only to receive a confirmation email stating it was on back order. Most legitimate businesses display "out of stock" on the shopping page so that customers don't waste their time. When I found out it was on back order I contacted customer service to ensure I would receive it before Christmas. I was told that they couldn't make any guarantee. So I told them I wanted to cancel the order and asked if I would receive an email to confirm my cancellation. They told me I would receive it within a half an hour.

next day I still had no email. I contacted again and they told me that the order was cancelled and that they are going through their emails to send out cancellation notices.

it has been a week and I still haven't received the cancellation email which means it hasn't been processed.

they had no problem taking the money out of my account but it seems to be a real issue to give it back.

DO NOT bother ordering with them. It's been an absolute hassle.

PS- I was able to get the same thing for $20 cheaper and it already has been delivered to my house.

Colorado Rocky Mountain High

"I ordered fish food, some misc. items and a new powerhead for my aquarium. Cyber Monday prices were cheaper than my usual online place of purchase, Pet Mountain. I also met the minimum order purchase for free ground delivery.

I called today to find out why my order has not shipped since I ordered 3 days ago. The Co. representative was pleasant but not engaging (she had a weariness in her phone presence). I was told they are waiting for UPS to pick up the order! Really?? I must not understand something about online retail operations? Doesn't UPS make daily pick ups for legitimate businesses? She confirmed that they were not waiting on the backorder of any of the items in my order. I will call again tomorrow to see if the order shipped.

My likelihood of ordering again from them in the future depends on how quickly this order is handled/resolved.

Update 12-08-2014: Interestingly, Drs. Foster & Smith internal tracking claims that the order shipped the same day I called and inquired on the status of my order (12-05-2014). However UPS's WebTracking has the Origin Scan as the evening of 12-07-2014. UPS Event Descriptions state Origin Scan is the initial electronic record indicating UPS has possession of the shipment. "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"

Update 12-15-2014: I received my order on Friday 12/12. The order was correct and nothing damaged. The shipping method was UPS Ground (5-9 day delivery) and was delivered as promised. On the other hand, I placed my order on the morning of 12/2 and nothing further happened until I inquired on 12/5 (see above). Did my inquiry nudge them into action or is a 3-day order fulfillment cycle time (the narrow definition of order fulfillment: order submission by customer to order pickup by carrier) typical of Drs.F&S? Or is it really 5-day cycle time based on UPS package scan time? Based on my experience with online ordering I don't have a good opinion of Drs. F&S. I am sorry to say that my likelihood of ordering again from them is mixed and I will probably look elsewhere (Pet Mountain) first. I like their prices but the cost of dealing with a organization with questionable practices increases the risk of disappointment.

modified review This review was modified by gstrohl on December 15 2014 10:28:29 AM

"This is by far the worst company I have ever ENCOUNTERED. I ordered my dogs medication on the 11th. When the 21st came and they still weren't here I called and they said that they shipped them out on the 12th WHICH IS A SUNDAY and that they arrived and were received on the 18th. THE NEXT DAY (22nd) I CAME HOME FROM WORK TO A DEAD DOG. The NEGLIGENCE of this company resulted in my nine year old dog dying. They didn't even bill my account until the 14th. I advise anyone looking at purchasing from this company to not and use WEDGEWOOD pharmacy. This isn't the first time I had to call and complain about shipping DELAYS. PLEASE DONT USE THIS PHARMACY."

modified review This review was modified by StephanieScarlett on October 30 2014 10:57:18 AM

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc User

"terrible customer service. had my rx sent by vet on a wednesday and checked back on saturday only to find out it was being shipped sometime next week. slow and terrible. i specifically told them it was needed asap and they promised me it would be shipped by friday."

"killer pricing, way better quality of millet spray than found in chain pet stores, fast shipping & perfect fulfillment.....what more can you ask for????"

modified review This review was modified by searsclearset on July 30 2014 10:22:13 AM

Maine

"I have ordered many things from them, but this review on want to concentrate on their live fish.
I have several aquariums and am a very serious marine aquarist, but live in a very remote area with virtually no local options for me to get livestock. On top of that I like to have very rare, difficult to keep fish, especially boxfish.
I had ordered from other online stores and had minimal success. Boxfish either died in shipment or shortly thereafter. It was so bad I was beginning to doubt my own aquarium quality. Mind you these are $150 EACH fish!
I decided to try Drs Foster Smith/Live Aquaria as a LAST SHOT-and boy was I glad I did.
The first thing I noticed is that their packing is very different-they do not SKIMP on water or box size to save money, they obviously do what is best for the FISH. Next thing I noticed is that there was fish poo in the bag-this made me VERY happy-why?-because that means the fish WAS EATING! Boxfish are very difficult to get to eat in captivity-and this was something I didn't notice in any of the other shipments from other companies I received-so right off that bat I was encouraged.
After ONE DAY of adjusting to my tank, the boxfish i received from this company started to eat-a miracle! The second day he not only ate but ate like a ravenous monster! I couldn't have been more thrilled.
Months later he is still thriving in my tank, and I have come to the realization that what they say about their stock is TRUE-they keep them in quarantine until they eat and are doing well, THEN they ship. Other companies will ship out before the stock has been stabilized, thus why there is not a high success rate in the long run.
I will definitely consider Live Aquaria a primo source-if they cost a bit more they are WORTH every penny!

Maryland

"They are fine except when it concerns a Rebate associated with a Rx medication, in this case Trifexis.
My order came with the 6 months supply of Trifexis but was NOT in a Trifexis box. I called the Drs F&S pharmacist, who told me that they don't send the Rx in the Trifexis box but will credit me with a $10 store credit. I toild her that was not acceptable. At $96 for a 6mos supply, I wanted the $10!!
She said that is not the companies policy. Store credit only! Then I HAD to send the original invoice back to get the credit. I said now wait a minute!! You have the original order why must I send the shipped invoice back????????
She stated AGAIN that is the only way to get a rebate.

I will NEVER do business again with this company. I informed the FDA that this supplier doesNOT ship in product boxes but in loose dosages.
That is a violation of FDA practices!!! They are investigating.

Extremely POOR customer service and business practices!

modified review This review was modified by danpbphoto on March 14 2014 02:17:02 PM

"They did not openly state that their sweet potato sticks were made in China. I sent them back as all food products from China should be regarded with suspicion. If you are about your pet do not purchase these. They would not permit me to post on their site."

"While I have used them several times in the past and have been fairly satisfied I feel that I can no longer use them. The prime reason is in their so called reviews. I recently ordered several items and found one item unsatisfactory. It was their sweet potato chews. When delivered I found they were made in China, no mention of this on their website. My vet says to never feed any item made in China to my dogs. When I went to submit a negative review on this item the review was denied. As far as I am concerned reviews that are selectively posted do not accurately represent a product. Last time I will use them."

"Great Service. Quick Shipping. Will Buy Again."

"I ordered heart worm medicine once from DF&S without issue. The second time I tried to order, it was borderline harassment for both me and my vet clinic. They repeated called, email, ignored faxes, etc. I finally had to cancel my order. I tried to save a few dollars by ordering the heart worm meds through them, but it certainly wasn't worth it. I guess I'll go to the vet, pay the higher price and not be so darned frustrated. "

"I wish I had read the reviews first! Cindy, their customer service manager was the worst person I have ever dealt with on a problem. I was disconnected from our call in which I was expressing my dissatisfaction with heavy duty gates I had ordered. I called back one minute later and received her voicemail. Her response was generic and I'm sure the same way they deal with ALL customer service issues... I.e. SEND IT BACK AT YOUR EXPENSE! No apology or concern for the issues I was having. Was told I would have to deal with the manufacturer. They are a huge company all about SELLING USING A DOCTORS NAME FOR MARKETING WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BACK UP! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!"

"I've ordered many items from Drs. Foster & Smith over the years and have always been pleased with the prices, products, and service. I always receive every purchase promptly and exactly as described on the site. I have only had one problem with any item I have ever purchased--in my most recent order I purchased a $180 fish pond pump that worked for about 10 seconds before it completely died. When I called, the representative I spoke with was very polite and friendly, and sent me a pre-paid label to return the purchase. I receive a full refund a couple of weeks after I returned the item. Very happy, will definitely continue shopping with Drs. Foster & Smith."

"I am more than pleased with my purchase. I discovered this pharmacy while doing research to find a replacement for Interceptor, which is impossible to find right now. I haven't wanted to use anything else, since my dog does really well with this medication. When I found it at Drs. F & S I was a little reluctant to purchase it. I was afraid I'd get an email a week later telling me it wasn't in stock. I called the company to make sure it was in stock--they assured me that it was. So I ordered it. By the end of the day they had called my vet for the prescription and my order shipped the next day. I took advantage of the free shipping, which I hoped wouldn't mean a terribly long wait. After ordering I became concerned that the medication might expire before I had a chance to use it all (I ordered a year's supply because it's so hard to find). Well, my order arrived today, less than a week after ordering, and the medication is good for two years. I am beyond pleased! Very happy to have found this pharmacy!"

"Bad customer serivce...still no refund! Plus it cost me $18 to ship product back and $6 for them to ship it to me. Never again Doctor Foster/Smith!"

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member
Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!