Stores > Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc
  • Drs. Foster & S

Voice your opinion! Review Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc by clicking a star below.
2017-08-03

Horrible customer service

"I placed an order for HeartWorm medication on 7/30/17 and decided to use this company for the first time. I did not hear anything from the company that my order had been shipped so I contacted them today via chat. The rep advised me that they have not even contacted my vet yet to get the approved, but she would have their pharmacy contact my vet today. I then asked for expedited shipping since this was their mistake, and they could not find the time to get around to contacting my vet, and she offered 5 business days delivery. I explained that I was upset, and I felt like she should have it next day delivered since they made the mistake and did not contact my vet yet (their site says they contact the vet within 24 hours). She then said she could not offer me the 1 day expedited (which is an option when you check out), but would give me 3 day expedited. Poor customer service, and they do not seem to even care. I will not be using them again. Make sure if you order something from them, you check the status, because they may forget about your order. "

2017-08-02

Good experiences so far

"I've placed about 3 orders from them this year (aquarium stuff), I found the prices couldn't be beat and they typically have a sale on top of the lowest prices! My first order arrived 9-10 days later, and looked like the shipping company dropped the package causing one of the chemicals I ordered to open and ruin some items. They included a hassle free return label, which I filled out and sent back the damaged goods free of charge. A week later a replacement package was waiting for me at home, that was easy. The next time I ordered, again it came in 2 shipments the first package arrived 8 days later and the 2nd about 12 days. The 3rd time I ordered, the package was delivered according to the USPS 10 days after ordering but there was nothing at my house. I called DF&S to verify they shipped it to the right address, from the tracking I could only see it was delivered to my city and left at the mailbox but couldn't see to what address. I didn't expect them to send a replacement it did say it was delivered but they did. I can't complain about anything. The first package was ruined by the shipping company, which they replaced on their own dime. The 3rd package the shipping company apparently delivered to the wrong house, which they replaced on their own dime. Be aware they're a fantastic company in my experience, but don't expect your package within the week. Service & price A+++"

2017-07-30

Poor Customer Service

"I ordered wild bird food from them. The order was delayed in transit to my house so I contacted the "Customer Service" organization. I asked for their assistance. They informed me that I needed to take several steps which all came across as making their problem mine. I asked to have the product returned to them since I no longer wanted to receive it. They told me that I needed to do the work to have it rerouted to them.

Will not be shopping with them going forward.

2017-06-05

Complete Order didn't arrive

"My order arrived on 5/25 and there were products missing. There was a note stating that certain items were backordered and would be shipped on 5/30. As of June 6th, no completed order and no communication as to the status of the the missing items. 1) If they do not have an item in stock, it should be listed as backordered, so you can have the option of ordering time sensitive items somewhere else 2). The lack of follow-up on backordered items is appalling.

2017-03-14

Can't get around to shipping

"A full week after placing an order for my dog's critical pain meds, I received an email at 11:15 pm saying the order had been shipped. A week to ship would have been bad enough if it were true, but another 24 hours later, the USPS web site says that they have only been advised to expect a package for me. F & S hasn't actually delivered it to the post office yet! No apologies or even sympathy when I called Customer Service. This will be my first and last order to this company!"

2017-01-25

Maximum happiness

"I ordered 7 bags of rabbit treats about a week ago. Shipping said it would take about 5-7 days. I received my correct order on time! I was reading all these bad reviews and started to get worried that I would get the wrong product or it wouldn't come for weeks but Drs. Foster and Smith proved them wrong. I had ZERO issues and 100% customer satisfaction. Price was cheap too! "

2016-12-06

Don't send your prescriptions to Dr Foster and Smith

"I placed an order weeks ago for my cats Felimazole in addition to many other items. When I became worried that it wouldn't arrive in time, I called and had it expedited...supposedly for two day shipping. Three days later still no package. Called again, unknown what happened to that package. One problem after another and I still do not have my medicine. Changing back to Valley Vet! "

2016-10-28

MR.

"customer service is great and very pleasant I have been dealing with foster & smith for a few years now and they resolve any issues you may have very fast"

2016-10-15

wrong products/backorders

"I haven't been just a one or two time ordering customer. Besides the wrong product being shipped and then having to wait for what I ordered they have been on backorder for a product that is available through the manufacturer as well as other companies online and just extended it another week. Who knows what they will say after that.
Undependable,
Are there really vets who run this business? How can you "run out" of a product that the manufacturer has plenty of? I will not be ordering ANYTHING any longer. I now have to wait again while I wait for my order from another company.
AND THAT'S HOW YOU LOSE CUSTOMERS - ONE AT A TIME

2016-08-28

WORST service EVER

"This company is by far one of the WORST I have ever encountered. I can't even tell you how HORRIBLE their customer service is and how RUDE and inefficient they are. I registered under MY e-mail address with MY name and MY vet's information but yet they had my prescription under the previous resident's name and faxed the script request to MY vet under a totally different name. Days later I called out of curiosity as to why it is taking so long to get my order going and then I found out that they have made a clerical error. No apologies, no attempts to even get the order going. I have been chasing my vet to send them a script instead of them doing it. It has now been 5 days with ZERO progress. I've called multiple times to Dr Fosters and Smith only to have women rudely pass me over and put me on hold. If one of your agents made the clerical error shouldn't you be making the phone calls to the vet? Shouldn't you make an attempt to correct this. At least give an apology! PetCare Rx has way better service. Go spend your money where it's appreciated."

2016-08-26

NeverAgainDrsFoster&Smith

"I will never purchase anything from this company again.

I returned an order I placed, and according to UPS tracking, they received my return on 8/12/2016. Today (8/26/2016) after almost two weeks I still haven't received my refund. I contacted customer support, and was told it takes up to three weeks to issue a refund? Three weeks? You get to tie up my funds for THREE WEEKS after I return your merchandise?

So I complain, and after providing the UPS tracking number, and name of the person who received my return, they agreed to issue a refund. Then they tell me that it will be an additional 3-5 days to process my refund!!! This is ridiculous, they didn't need 3-5 days to charge my credit card, and in this day and age refunds should be instantaneous. It's nothing more than a transaction and it doesn't take 3-5 days. This is horrible customer service! Never again will I deal with this company.

2016-05-17

Good as it gets

"Had to order a new canister for Ro unit when ordering it was past the cut off time for next day which poped up every step of the ordering process ordered anyway expecting it to ship the next day but received email 2hours later that it shipped and will get it tomorrow that's what i call good service love foster and smith"

2016-03-15

Best customer service!!!very happy customer

"I love this place wish they had better fish equipment selection but their customer service is one of the best and the only reason why I check this site first before I try to find it somewhere else. "

2015-05-27

"I've shopped with Foster and Smith for years and never had a bad experience. I returned a dog coat that didn't fit and received a full credit. Many internet retailers, charge a restocking fee. One reviewer complained about late delivery of medication, and said that caused his dog's death. I'm sure that he could have gotten a few doses from his vet. He shouldn't have been cutting it so close anyway. It's either a fake review, or he isn't a very responsible dog owner and Drs. Foster and Smith shouldn't be faulted. Since I can't drive, having their high quality dog food delivered to my home is much more convenient than struggling to get a 28lb. bag home on the bus."

2015-02-22

"I ordered the exo terra 36x18x12 low terrarium from dr foster and smith on the 13th of February, waited until the 18th and still didn't receive a shipping confirmation email so I called them. The lady put me on hold when I told her what my order number and name is.. Then she told me it had been shipped out on Monday the 16th of February and that they would send me a confirmation email.. Waited until the 18th and then I emailed them asking where my confirmation email was and they sent me one on the 19th saying it shipped out the day before.. Days after the day the lady on the phone claimed it had shipped out.. And another thing is the tracking number link for the "ups ground" sent me to fedex.com when I clicked on it and it says the tracking number doesn't exist, so I go to the ups website and it also doesn't exist there either. These people are full of crap! That tank better not be cracked or broken or I'm raising holy hell!! "

Share Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc's store rating

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc is not a merchant member
Drs. Foster & Smith, Inc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!