• Rating 2.50/10 41 reviews

Dr. Plasma / PlasmaHouse.com / eStore of N.Y. Inc. is not a merchant member
    Dr. Plasma / PlasmaHouse.com / eStore of N.Y. Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Dr. Plasma / PlasmaHouse.com / eStore of N.Y. Inc. contact information

"I purchased a flat screen tv from them and the 3 year warrantly. The TV was delivered at advertised, but this week I recieved a letter from the company holding the warranty that it had been cancelled for non-payment by Dr. Plasma. I have sent them an email and have been on hold twice for more that 15 minutes and have not heard from them at all."

"This is a terrible company. They delivered a defective TV and refused to replace it despite repeated requests on my part. I have called repeatedly, and they have either taken a message and not called back, or put me on hold and never picked up. I have been pursuing them for two months, but the continue to duck me."

" BUNCH OF LIERS! PLASMA HOUSE HAS TO BE ONE OF THE WORST ON LINE WEB STORE'S (IF NOT THE WORST!) ORDERED A 40"SAMSUNG LCD TV 8/24/06 THEY SENT ME A CONFOMATION OF ORDER TO MY EMAIL AND THAT THE LAST TIME I HERD 8/30/06 VISA HAD BEEN BILLED.AND THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I HERD FROM THEM CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE SEVERAL TIMES WAS TOLD EACH TIME WAS TOLD TO EXPECT A TRACKING# IN THE NEXT 2 DAYS AFTER 2 DAYES CALLED THEM AGAIN AND WAS TOLD THE SAME THING SO HERE IT IS 9/17/06 STILL NO TRACKING # AND NO TV JUST A BILL FROM MY VISA OF 2,179.98 SO IF IAM SMART ILL CANCEL MY ORDER SO IF YOU LIKE BEING LIED TO BUY FROM PLASMA HOUSE "

"I received my big screen TV as promised and am very happy with it! So Plasmahouse is for real despite some of the reviews. I didn’t appreciate the way they sold me the extended warranty though. I didn’t want the extended warranty and the guy played me like a fiddle, lying through his teeth until I bought the damn thing, basically eliminating all the savings I made by choosing Plasmahouse over a better known company like Crutchfield. My message to anyone considering purchasing their TV from Plasmahouse is look out for the guy who calls to sell you the extended warranty, but otherwise you’re probably OK and can save some money. My message to Plasmahouse is you have a lot of very negative reviews to overcome, and you could have had a perfect review here but you had to do something wrong. Was it worth it? Even a little pressure is OK, you get that from anybody when you buy a TV, as long as you realize that NO means NO after 2 or 3 times and lying is completely unacceptable. The guy who sold me the warranty pretended that they cost $1500 or $2000 at first. I said “Are you crazy, that’s almost as much as the TV costs?!” then he put me on hold to “talk to his supervisor” and came back and offered me $499 and said “we’re losing money on this, but we want you to be happy”. Later on I happened to look at the item description on line and $499 was the price of the warranty if I’d ordered it online in the first place. The only other problem was staying on top of the delivery process. I received the order on time, in perfect condition, and the delivery guys were great, but I was on pins and needles that the TV would even show up after I read some of the other reviews, and I checked the website every day and I never got a tracking number until the order was already here with the local company to schedule for delivery to me. "

"*****WARNING***** Where do I start? Just read all the negative comments Plasma House has received and take heed. I experienced the exact treatment that the other REAL reviewers did. LONG hold times-up to 47 minutes, VERY rude and unprofessional costumer service, Will bill you before shipping, and Items NOT in stock . It is my opinion the +reviews are plants. A picture is worth a 1000 negatives. http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0114.htm . Not what you envisioned for a store with thousands of TV IN STOCK! Also check http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/businessreports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=66196. Here’s a question to ask yourself, Why would a company operate under different names?(see drplasma.com) same people. U Have Been Warned!!!! Oh I do have 1 good thing to say about them, they refunded my charge card almost as fast as they billed it. Thanks Plasma House"

Texas

"Ordered Panasonic 50" Plasma TV on 8/9/06. Plasma House called to confirm order and try and sell me Extended Warranty. I declined the extended warranty BUT CONFIRMED that the item was in stock. On August 14 I received an email that the product was back ordered and when I called PlasmaHouse the customer service rep said that it was backordered indefinitely and has been on backorder for quite a while. Their web site shows (today) that the product is in stock."

" Do NOT order from Plasma House!! They are liars. They advertise as being in stock, when in reality, the merchandise is back ordered. They advertise one set of prices, but charge higher ones. They offer free shipping, but what they don't tell you is that the free shipping does not include a tracking number so if the shipment is lost, there is no recovery.

This has been the absolute WORST online merchant I have ever dealt with. They are unresponsive, unprofessional and use deceptive practices. Buyer beware!!

Merchant's Reply
Merchant's current reply: Contacted customer but got no response. Do NOT let their (false) low prices lure you in. This company is full of crooks and liars. I have refused delivery on the "new" television they sent me. It was obviously a store demo, as the stand had tape reside on it from a sales sign. The box was all taped up and not professionally packed. I was told three days ago that a refund would be posted to my credit card by the end of that day. Well, it's three days later, and guess what? RIGHT. NO REFUND.

Dealing with Plasma House has been a nightmare. Please learn from my mistake and do NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM.

"Liares! Crooks! Stay away! Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!Liares! Crooks! Stay away!"

"Pure awful service. I'd say they are a bunch of scam artists. I called them every second or third day and was told that my television was in stock and would ship the next day. This cycle continued for THREE WEEKS. Finally, I called and spoke to the main guy who apologized for the delay and told me that he had a shipment coming in two days and I would 99.9% for sure get my TV in that shipment. Why then did they keep telling me they were in stock?! In any case, I read another review that they were told that they were also given a 99.9% guarantee and continued to get the runaround for another month before cancelling so I just cancelled my order then and there. By the way, the reason I say I spoke to them every 2-3 days is because their customer service lines kept saying that "because of the holiday, they would be out for the next day or two". Sorry, but holidays every week in October??? Watch out..."

"Beware. Dr. Plasma and Plasmahouse are one and the same. I ordered online a 26" Olevia LCD tv for $467 delivered from them. They advertised item available and will ship in 24 to 48 hrs. A couple of days after ordering I received a high-pressure call from them trying to get me to upgrade to the 27" for $199 more. Bottom line is they didn't have what I ordered, they are almost impossible to contact by phone. I was finally able to contact somebody to cancel order after ten days and ordered from somewhere else. This company was the worst attempted buying experience of my 58 years."

"Overall, my experience with Dr. Plasma was very good.

Our very, very old Hitachi big screen died on us (after about ten years) so we decided to buy an HDTV. I have been wanting to for a while, and have been researching for another 'while', and we settled on the Samsung HL-R6168W - retailing for about $4000. Dr. Plasma had it listed for nearly half that price, at about $2200. I immediately came to this site to check of it's reputation and was quite relieved. I bought a stand from them too, the stand to match the TV.

After I purchased the TV (through American Express... just in case) the next day they called to confirm it was me who purchased the item [routine] yet no one was home, so they left a message asking us to call them back so that they can ship everything out. After I did, it seemed that they were more interested in having me get an extended warranty than making sure everything was secure. I was never a strong believer in extended warranties, but by just saying "no" about four or five times (throughout a ten to fifteen minute conversation of getting the papers ready), I was able to bring the price of a three year warranty down from $500 to $150! haha. They also tried to get me to upgrade shipping from curbside to in home - a sixty dollar difference that they said they'd charge me forty five dollars more for - I said "No thank you" and we were off. I got the TV, the stand, three years warranty, and shipping to Los Angeles for under $3200, more than $1000 if I were to just go to Fry's and pick up the TV alone!

Shipping was a little bit of a nuisance as they didn't update the tracking numbers. Instead I got a call from the freight company that my order was in LAX and that I should call back to confirm a time for delivery (no one picked up the phone... again) exactly eight days after the date of purchase; a little more than the 3-5 day plus 1-2 day, but it's fine! I called the freight company (SEKO) when they opened in the morning (I got the message at around 10 PM) (this morning) and they said that they would be able to bring a truck out there from 10-2 today or tomorrow after 2; I scheduled the 10-2 one and ditched school for the day, haha. The two guys that came were nice enough to bring the TV and stand to my door instead of leaving it at the curb.

Transaction complete, and I now have an awesome TV without hurting my wallet too much.

This company is really great, and I'd do business with them in the future, as long as their prices are as low as they were this transaction. I recommend them 100%, and 110% if you like to haggle ;)

modified review This review was modified by modenadude on May 17 2006 11:01:22 PM

"I purchased a plasma from Plasma House.com after doing research on other websites. I finally found the one I was looking for, their prices are great! The customer service and the knowledgeable sales staff made buy a plasma experience a great one. Shipping was on time. I will definitely order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by ppmonic9756 on May 08 2006 12:31:22 PM

"Plasma House is the place to go for all of your TV needs"

"Plasma House refused to register a 3 year extended warranty that I purchased at the time I bought my LCD flat panel TV. For 12 weeks I made repeated calls to their customer service and always received the same response - your warranty registration will be sent to you via email. To date I still have not received the warranty registration and am out $299. I sincerely believe they intentionally pocketed by money. I recommend not using this merchant - there are just too many better ones available."

"First of all, I wasn't sure where to post this ... I apologize if its in the wrong spot ... but I was given the old "Too bad for you mr. customer, theres nothing you could do to us anyway" ... and needed some outlet to express my frustrations. (since the Dr. Plasma a.ka. Plasmahouse team didn't seem to care)

On 4/14 I ordered a 42" Plasma a surround sound system and a wall mount Dr. Plasma a.k.a Plasmahouse.com. Now granted, these people have outstanding prices ... I actually found them through a post on this site .... so I figured there must be a catch. The "catch" was $360 for shipping. But still, it ended up being as cheap as the next guy even with the ridiculous freight charges ... plus, It was for 3 day shipping so I went with it.

So they call my house on Easter Sunday while I'm eating dinner to tell me the TV I wanted was "replaced with a newer, and of course more expensive model and I had to upgrade or cancel my order". They're Jewish I guess, fine, call me on whatever holiday you want but I actually got condescending backtalk when I asked why the didn't return my calls the following week. Apparently, it was a Jewish holiday and I am completely insensetive for asking why 3 days of calls (in the middle of a work week) went unanswered. My bad, I should make sure to keep track Budhist holidays too so I can avoid getting snapped at for being so insensetive. (Remember, they called my house at 5 p.m. on Easter Sunday.)

So anyway, It was already well past the elusive "3 day shipping" mark (Thursday 4/20) when I go online to check the status of my order ... which of course is still being processed. Thats when I noticed "curbside delivery" on their policy pages. Nice, so some hack is going to leave my 42" plasma at the end of my driveway? Good stuff. So I call back to leave additional shipping instructions and finally got in touch with a customer service rep (and I use that term VERY loosely) after a gorgeous 27 minute hold time. Apparently my VISA debit card only allowed 2K in holds at a time and this order was $2,085.00 so it caused a delay. Of course, if I never called, it would have never been resolved since the upset Jewish lady never mentioned it. Long story short (too late) the customer service rep decides to charge my card half that day, and half the next, not realizing that holds can stay on for up to 7-10 business days. So I call back the next day (1 week after the purchase) since I was never told if the charge went through .... (this time the hold was only 19 minutes) so I was totally cool when she told me "Charge 2 still not workin' in a thick Jewish-Brooklyn accent. Ok fine, I'll pay $18 and wire you the other half, which I did, 15 minutes later.

The weekend breezes by ... still no phone call ... so I call on Monday 4/24, get hung up on after another 20 minutes hold time ... call back .... wait on hold for 23 minutes this time, only to hear "yea, its shipping today". Awesome. So I go online the next day, excited to see something other than "processing order" when low and behold I see ... "processing order". 17 minutes later I was back on the phone being told that the original 1/2 charge put on the card has expired and they would need to run the charge again. Of course, nobody would have known if I didn't call and ask. And you guys aren't gonna believe this ... Tuesday ... April 25th .... 2006 .... "Order Shipped"!!! There was no tracking number and the link was broken but who cares? IT SHIPPED!

So I called them back today, just because I was feeling sort of important and wanted to bring myself back down to earth with humbling hold times and wretched personalities when I was finally given my tracking information ... the TV will be here in 3 business days via Freight Carrier ... (on my curb but who cares at this point!) ... OH YEAH BABY! .... but guess what ... they sent the wall mount separate via UPS ground and I'll see it somewhere around May 5th. More than 3 weeks after I ordered it .... good stuff.

And who wants to bet my card is charged 3 times?

TRAGIC is the only way to explain my experience with these people.

TRAGIC.