Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Dot&Bo Customer Service Department:
This is to bring to your attention about the inefficiency of your customer care in reference to order #R720348544. I ordered on August 26, 2014 and the packages arrived on separate dates. I ordered 4 Tulip Chairs and 2 Wing Back Chairs. One Wing Back Chair arrived on September 2. I did not open the package as I wanted to wait for the other chair. However, I traveled and forgot about the other chair until I came back from my trip last weekend. I should have contacted you right away but couldn't get to it due to my busy schedule. Finally, today 10 weeks after I ordered, I found the time to unpack the first chair that was delivered only to find out several scratches on the chair. I am sending you pictures through press@dotandbo.com for you to see the scratches. And of course, the second chair is still NOT delivered yet. There have been no attempts from your company to even touch base with me about what is happening to the the pending second chair. I honestly almost forgot about it due to my busy personal/work schedule. I paid $359.20 for shipping for my order and this is the kind of service I am receiving from you. Rightfully UNACCEPTABLE. This is something that should be reported to BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. Can you please tell me what's happening?

modified review This review was modified by RGCab on November 07 2014 12:39:53 PM

"Dot and Bo has become my favorite new store after my last experience with them. I ordered a huge dining room table that looks incredible in my new home - and when I was worried about measurements and materials they answered each one of my questions quickly (and there were A LOT). When the table was going to be a week late, they let me know immediately and offered me extra help with the table for free. Totally fine by me! "

modified review This review was modified by frankc54 on July 31 2014 08:02:56 AM

"I had a GREAT experience with Dot and Bo my first time ordering. I had to call and change it when I found out I would be needing 2 more chairs (I'm an interior designer and my client changed her mind at the last minute) and they told me it would be no problem. They added the 2 on to my existing order and they all arrived together, and quickly enough to finish the job. "

modified review This review was modified by lkoh6859 on July 26 2014 04:53:44 AM

"i ordered shelves April 18 2014. Supposed to arrive in two weeks time. Arrived today 6/24. In the interim emailed customer service several times. They were very nice and ineffective. Each email said "the team is working on it". The shipping label was created for ups on May 21 and was not shipped til last week. When customer service finally tracked t down that is what they told me and that that they would expedite shipping from the San Francisco dock/warehouse. Shelves arrived today. There are splinters in the wood and they are crooked so no matter how they are hung they are not level. A site for your eyes. The corners are badly mitered. Never again Dot and Bo."

modified review This review was modified by mch123 on June 24 2014 04:19:20 PM

"I had some issues with the estimated arrival times stated on my confirmation order; however, Stephanie S. was always courteous and professional as she dealt with my frustration and push for a resolution. I received 2 of the 5 items rather quickly, but I asked for a refund for the remaining 3 items because they were well past their arrival due date. Although I was sad not to get the items (I no longer had a place for them in my home), Dot & Bo was ALWAYS professional and gave me a refund when I explained my disappointment. In addition, they've revised their policy now so that your card is charged ONLY at time of shipment for each item (previously, they charged at time of purchase). So they're definitely making strides towards progress of a successful company for home goods.

modified review This review was modified by MidCenturyModGal on June 27 2014 09:01:49 AM

"I placed an order with Dot& Bo (I believe) around the end of February, 2014. I orders a brass desktop calendar which, after shipping, was around $27. I thought this website was too good to be true! Everything on it is so cute, and not everything is outrageously priced. Although my order did come within the time frame given and looks as described, I had a few issues along the way.

1. I was not made made aware that it would take 6-8 weeks for my order to arrive until after I placed the order. This wouldn't be a big deal normally except that I am moving and was not sure if my order would arrive in time. It took a little emailing back and forth before I was assured that they would change the shipping address if needed.

2. One day, the same amount that I paid for the order was credited back into my account for no reason. Then later, it was subtracted again (this was all AFTER the original amount had been taken out right after I placed the order). After contacting customer service, they said that sometimes they need to do this right before they ship an item in order to re-enter it into the system or something. I have NEVER encountered this and frankly, do not feel comfortable with them doing further transactions with my bank account. I trusted them with my card number and that needs to be respected.

3. After the date my order was supposed to ship and did not, I had trouble contacting customer service. It took 3 tries with no response as to the status of my order (which, for some unknown reason, completely disappeared from my account page on the Dot & Bo website). Finally, after mentioning that I would soon request a refund, they responded in a timely manner and had my order shipped right away. It arrived within 3 days.

I don't know why this process had to take so long and be so sketchy (there's no other word for it). I would not trust this company with a larger purchase unless they can get their footing and become a stronger, more professional company.

With that said, customer service was ALWAYS very friendly. They were timely up until the shipping issue. Plus, I always had the same person help me, which was nice.

The product itself is nice, but the inside parts are not very well made and appear to be too small for the outer portion (so they jangle around a lot). I would have expected more for the amount I paid.

modified review This review was modified by edawns on April 25 2014 11:09:33 AM

Dot and Bo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dot and Bo is not a merchant member
Dot and Bo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!