Doggiefood.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.73/10 2.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.07/10 2.07/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10

"I ordered 2 times from this company and received my dog food quickly and for a really good price. The second time I added another product from Honest Kitchen and didn't get it, only the dog food came. I emailed and called over and over with no answer and the one time they answered the phone just gave me some line about they would contact the shipper and find out where it is and send me a tracking number. NOTHING ever again came from them. I had to open a case with PayPal to get my money back and 30 days later I finally have my refund. Ridiculous customer service. Now they raised the dog food $15 dollars all of a sudden. hmmm..."

modified review This review was modified by ljbrusta on April 22 2015 11:36:46 AM

"I have ordered from Doggiefood.com 3 times now. The first 2 were great. The last one was 3+ weeks ago where I ordered 2 30lb bags of dog food. I received one after 2.5 weeks and no signs of the 2nd bag. I have emailed them numerous times and left service voicemails with no luck. I call their 800 number every few hours and have tried all the extension options (1 is broken) and can never get a hold of anyone else. I'm not sure what happened but I can't rely on feeding my pets with food from them."

modified review This review was modified by cofrosty on April 21 2015 10:04:22 AM

"They only sent half of my order and then customer service was nonexistent. It's been two weeks, and I still don't have an answer if they are going to send me the rest or refund the cost that they already charged (before even shipping the product!). "

modified review This review was modified by Stephers on April 15 2015 01:31:28 PM

"I bought a bag of food off of their website and days later when I never got an email saying my order shipped I called them. The lady on the phone said that FedEx is having a problem with their server and she couldn't tell me where my package was. I asked her if it had even shipped and she said she wasn't sure, again blamed it on FedEx. I know several companies that ship hundreds of orders out daily and even if they can't tell you WHERE it is they can at least tell you if it SHIPPED or not. Clearly the order never even went out and they want to try to blame it on another company. Here's a tip: when your company messes up, OWN it! Don't try blaming it on someone else. Now I am out of dog food and AND $53. NEVER ordering from this place again! "

modified review This review was modified by MelissaAnn513 on April 15 2015 08:52:02 AM

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

I have been ordering from doggiefood.com since September 2012 and have spent approximately $2,000 per year on their website since that time. The only problem I experienced over the past few years was items occasionally taking a few weeks to arrive however, whenever I contacted doggiefood.com via email or telephone, I always received a quick response and often times, dealt directly with the owner.

Unfortunately, since January 2015, I've experienced nothing but problems with my orders. Recently, a few items were out of stock and I had to follow up on the status after a significant period of time went by. I agreed to substitute the products with products that were in stock and still had to follow up on the status a few times. I eventually received them. My most recent order was placed on March 15th and my credit card was charged in full at the time the order was placed. To date, I've only received 2 of the items I ordered which, were shipped directly from the manufacturer. I've sent several emails regarding the status of the remaining items both to the customer service contact as well as to the owner of the company and have only received automatically generated responses indicating that the request has been received and is being reviewed by support staff. I've tried calling doggiefood.com but the only options available via telephone are to leave a message.

I'm not sure what has changed at the company but something is definitely wrong. I've received a few emails from doggiefood.com in the past few weeks which included promotional videos starring the owner of the company and I also noted that the company's Facebook page was recently updated. I think doggiefood.com should spend less time
on these types of promotional activities and more time servicing existing, long term customers. Charges should not be applied to credit cards until orders are ready to be shipped, items should be shipped promptly and emails and telephone calls should not go unanswered.

Good luck if you chose to do business with doggiefood.com!

modified review This review was modified by JodiT5 on April 04 2015 02:36:10 PM

"I agree with 97% of the reviews on this site and other as well concerning doggiefood.com,. Over the past year, receiving my orders kept taking longer and longer. I order about $900/year in food from them. NO MORE. I placed an order on March 9. I emailed and called, 4 times but never had any acknowledgement about my order. It took 3 weeks to get my order and then it wasn't correct. I have since called them and emailed again, now 5 times, but I'm getting absolute silence. Something has gone terribly wrong with this company. I have an online business myself and take pride in my customer service and quality of the product. Each one of my customers is valued and if I treated my customers the way doggiefood.com is treating theirs, I absolutely deserve to be put out of business. Chewy.com is the best!!! go there!"

modified review This review was modified by cynthiac2 on April 03 2015 10:54:17 AM

"I have been with them for a few years now and have had no issues....I hope to continue with them as the prices are great. The shipping time is unreal, so fast. I spend about $100. a month with them, sometimes more. I have not had any shipping issues, or missed items. I have noticed that the invoice in one box may show all items ordered and appears they ship at the same time but one box might arrive a day later. Seriously fast shipping and no issues. "

modified review This review was modified by dqbowen on March 22 2015 07:52:11 PM

"I have been shopping for several years with doggiefood.com. spending around $500 per year. I have put up with their shipping mishaps (missing cases in orders,) because I would call and it would be rectified. This last time I was only missing one case of dog food, about $18.00 worth of merchandise. I spoke with someone I've never spoken with before, Chelsea. She seems to be the customer support rep now. In the past I had spoken to the owner and the owners son. Cheslea informed me that they ship their food from multiple locations and sometimes there are problems since they have no control over the shipping and packing. After about 2 weeks of sporadic conversation, she tells me that the weights of the boxes proves i got all my cases. Well i did
not recieve all of my cases and i wouldn't make this up for i work 9-5 and it was inconvenient talking back and forth with her. I mentioned i would never be shopping with doggiefood.com again and guess what she never returned my call again. I think this is truly unfair and unprofessional, i will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau. I am writing this because i have never dealt with this type of rude and unproffesional behavior from a business i have spent so much money with consistently for years. They always messed up my orders and many of the cans were always heavily dented yet i stayed loyal due to the price and the fact that i am not an affluent person and need the discounted price. It is worth spending a few extra dollars to be treated respectfully and honestly. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!

"Never again. I should have written this company off months ago. When my cat passed away suddenly last fall, I wanted to return the extra cases of food I ordered. I couldn't get a response to emails or phone messages. Finally I got a human on the phone (the owner Tony) and he wanted to charge me a restocking fee rather than be somewhat courteous and compassionate. Their website lists a restocking fee is applicable if you reject and order, not if you return an order. When I complained to him about the lack of response to my communications, he reminded me over and over again that "it's a family business" as if that gives them license to have poor service. He also hung up on me during the call. I called back and he claimed I hung up on him! Finally he agreed to waive the restocking fee and I shipped the food back at my expense. Here is a secret...or not so much a secret...he gets refunded by the manufacturer either way, whether I send the food back or not, so this is just doggiefood.com being a stickler and clinging to their cash flow.
So me, not having learned my lesson, still ordered from them on occasion since adopting two (fussy) kitties. Well recently, my girls went on food strike for a certain brand and left my holding the bag on four nearly full cases of canned food (four varieties). This is from a brand that has a 100% satisfaction that your cats will love their food. Well after more than a week of trying to contact them, and listening to the very long recording, Bridget emailed me to tell me they don't take back partial cases (this is not stated on their site) and suggested I bring the food to someplace local to me that sells individual cans, and maybe they will give me something for it. I called the manufacturer and they verified to me that returning the food is not necessary on the part of the seller for them to get refund. Again, this is just doggiefood.com working against their customers and not with them.
They need to learn that a bit of niceness goes a long way.
It's not worth to me to save a few dollars here and there, I'd rather deal with chewy or pet360. Chewy, by far, the best customer service!
Never Ever Again!

"I ordered $175 worth of cat food 2 months ago. What was supposed to be delivered within a week ended up being a nightmare to get my money back when I found out they didn't even stock the cat food. I emailed them over 8 times, they kept ignoring my emails. Eventually Chelsea responded and kept giving me excuses why they couldn't refund me and kept blaming accounts department. I ended up contacting my banks fraud department and found out it was a common problem with this company.

I would never order from them or recommend ordering from them. They will try to keep your money and won't send food. What a waste of time and money.

"After almost two weeks, my order is still in the processing phase. This is the second time I've ordered from them, as their Royal Canin cat food is cheaper than other websites. Last time it took two weeks to receive my cats' food, and this time it looks like it is going to take even longer. It's very inconvenient when I have to go to the pet store to get my cats' food, while I'm waiting for Doggiefood.com to deliver it!!! That's why I ordered from them, so I won't have to go to the pet store. When I send them an email, they don't respond. This is the last straw. I won't use them again, even if they're $1 cheaper per unit. It's not worth the frustration.

Update (February14, 2015):

I received the order yesterday. Bridget also emailed me February 10 after I emailed her to let me know that my order is back-ordered. They really should let you know when you order if the product is back-ordered. Thankfully, I didn't have to go to the pet store to get more food while waiting for Doggiefood's order to arrive (I had a few days to spare). I still don't think I'll order from them again. It's not worth the frustration.

modified review This review was modified by Deirdre678 on February 14 2015 01:00:06 PM

"I have been purchasing items from Doggiefood.com for a couple years with great success. NEVER a problem! Love these guys! A couple times I have had questions about a product and Tony answered me each time with great info in a timely fashion!"

modified review This review was modified by CocoChanelAnderson on February 08 2015 04:23:04 PM

"Ordered from doggiefood.com, had "Processing" for over a week. Got the items I'd added to get free shipping, but not the actual dog food I needed. Called to get a status, was told there was a production problem. Asked to have the food order cancelled and I'd just buy from Amazon. I'll pay for the items I've already received. Rep actually hung up on me - still waiting for any confirmation that my card has been refunded. RUDE!"

modified review This review was modified by NoThanks222 on February 05 2015 11:03:57 AM

"Very bad customer service. Return policy far below average. Representative actually told me to sell what I bought from them myself online, instead of returning it. This is a very small company that cannot/should not be present in the world of internet shopping. Paid $34 for puppy food, got adult food and they would not exchange it so I ended up paying over $20 for nothing. Will never buy from this company again. "

modified review This review was modified by RomBas on February 05 2015 10:15:01 AM

"I would like to share with you my recent experiences with doggiefood.com.

I found doggiefood.com while performing a google search for Four Paws Wee-Wee pads. Doggiefood.com offered the pads at the best possible price. I ordered 600 pads (six boxes of 100) because I was thrilled with the price. I received the order confirmation immediately (email), then shortly thereafter another email, this one from FedEx, which was the shipping confirmation.

After a week or so went by, I contacted FedEx because their website reported that the boxes were received but not being shipped. I also contacted doggiefood.com. FedEx owned up to the fact that the shipment was delayed on their end. Bridget, from doggiefood.com, interceded and shipped out four 150 pad boxes immediately. They arrived and I was thrilled.

A few weeks later I decided to order Merrick's dog food (according to dogfoodadvisor.com an "enthusiastically recommended" food). Doggiefood.com had a very competitive price and free shipping, so I went with them. FedEx delivered the box containing five cases of Merrick's. Despite sufficient bubble wrap, I could see that FedEx mishandled the package. In fact, FedEx tossed this package around so much that one of the cases of cans had broken through the heavy plastic shrink wrap. Those flying cans dented some of the other cans, and one of the flying cans actually popped open causing dog food to spray out. I cannot see how FedEx wasn't aware of all this since the box was ripped open by the flying cans and some of the dog food leaked out.

I contacted doggiefood.com. I received an immediate response from Tony. After an email conversation, we worked out a mutually satisfactory resolution that included sending me a new case of food. The new case was sent directly from Merrick's and arrived via UPS without a hitch.

Based on these two experiences (my only with doggiefood.com) I would "enthusiastically recommend" doggiefood.com and I know that we will continue to use them.

What matters to me most in an online retailer (after price and selection) is customer service. Doggiefood.com has demonstrated to me that they have excellent customer service. I'm naturally a pessimist - I expect problems to happen - so what matters most to me is knowing that there are people on the other side of my computer keyboard who will respond to my complaint and take appropriate actions. Doggiefood.com resolved all my concerns when they were not at all responsible for the problems I experienced. Can anything more positive be said about an online retailer?

Please ignore the reports of poor customer service. If those posts are true (and I admit to being naturally suspicious of most online posts - more on this below), at least know that the experience isn't universal. For instance, I see that one complaint here is that doggiefood.com would not allow the customer to cancel an order. Given that doggiefood.com acts on the customer's request immediately upon receipt, is that no wonder?? What does that person expect?? The only way to allow a customer to cancel an order after it has been placed is to delay acting on an order for . . . how long? 24 to 48 hours? how long does that customer think a company wait until that customer decides they actually want what they ordered?Seriously? Hey, I have an idea - know what you want before you place an order. I'd rather have a company that acts on my order the moment it is received.

Bottom Line: I'll stick with Doggiefood.com and encourage you to do the same.

As for my suspicions about online posts - case in fact, right here. I just now posted this 5 star review about doggiefood.com and yet, someone else's review - and a negative one at that - is highlighted by this website. Why is that? Perhaps this site is supported by a competitor? Perhaps not, but something doesn't smell right about that.

modified review This review was modified by Cranky24-7 on February 02 2015 01:33:05 PM

Share Doggiefood.com's store rating

Doggiefood.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Doggiefood.com is not a merchant member
Doggiefood.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!