Doggiefood.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted"

modified review This review was modified by cjminden on February 25 2015 08:43:17 AM

"I ordered $175 worth of cat food 2 months ago. What was supposed to be delivered within a week ended up being a nightmare to get my money back when I found out they didn't even stock the cat food. I emailed them over 8 times, they kept ignoring my emails. Eventually Chelsea responded and kept giving me excuses why they couldn't refund me and kept blaming accounts department. I ended up contacting my banks fraud department and found out it was a common problem with this company.

I would never order from them or recommend ordering from them. They will try to keep your money and won't send food. What a waste of time and money.

"After almost two weeks, my order is still in the processing phase. This is the second time I've ordered from them, as their Royal Canin cat food is cheaper than other websites. Last time it took two weeks to receive my cats' food, and this time it looks like it is going to take even longer. It's very inconvenient when I have to go to the pet store to get my cats' food, while I'm waiting for Doggiefood.com to deliver it!!! That's why I ordered from them, so I won't have to go to the pet store. When I send them an email, they don't respond. This is the last straw. I won't use them again, even if they're $1 cheaper per unit. It's not worth the frustration.

Update (February14, 2015):

I received the order yesterday. Bridget also emailed me February 10 after I emailed her to let me know that my order is back-ordered. They really should let you know when you order if the product is back-ordered. Thankfully, I didn't have to go to the pet store to get more food while waiting for Doggiefood's order to arrive (I had a few days to spare). I still don't think I'll order from them again. It's not worth the frustration.

modified review This review was modified by Deirdre678 on February 14 2015 01:00:06 PM

"I have been purchasing items from Doggiefood.com for a couple years with great success. NEVER a problem! Love these guys! A couple times I have had questions about a product and Tony answered me each time with great info in a timely fashion!"

modified review This review was modified by CocoChanelAnderson on February 08 2015 04:23:04 PM

"Ordered from doggiefood.com, had "Processing" for over a week. Got the items I'd added to get free shipping, but not the actual dog food I needed. Called to get a status, was told there was a production problem. Asked to have the food order cancelled and I'd just buy from Amazon. I'll pay for the items I've already received. Rep actually hung up on me - still waiting for any confirmation that my card has been refunded. RUDE!"

modified review This review was modified by NoThanks222 on February 05 2015 11:03:57 AM

"Very bad customer service. Return policy far below average. Representative actually told me to sell what I bought from them myself online, instead of returning it. This is a very small company that cannot/should not be present in the world of internet shopping. Paid $34 for puppy food, got adult food and they would not exchange it so I ended up paying over $20 for nothing. Will never buy from this company again. "

modified review This review was modified by RomBas on February 05 2015 10:15:01 AM

"I would like to share with you my recent experiences with doggiefood.com.

I found doggiefood.com while performing a google search for Four Paws Wee-Wee pads. Doggiefood.com offered the pads at the best possible price. I ordered 600 pads (six boxes of 100) because I was thrilled with the price. I received the order confirmation immediately (email), then shortly thereafter another email, this one from FedEx, which was the shipping confirmation.

After a week or so went by, I contacted FedEx because their website reported that the boxes were received but not being shipped. I also contacted doggiefood.com. FedEx owned up to the fact that the shipment was delayed on their end. Bridget, from doggiefood.com, interceded and shipped out four 150 pad boxes immediately. They arrived and I was thrilled.

A few weeks later I decided to order Merrick's dog food (according to dogfoodadvisor.com an "enthusiastically recommended" food). Doggiefood.com had a very competitive price and free shipping, so I went with them. FedEx delivered the box containing five cases of Merrick's. Despite sufficient bubble wrap, I could see that FedEx mishandled the package. In fact, FedEx tossed this package around so much that one of the cases of cans had broken through the heavy plastic shrink wrap. Those flying cans dented some of the other cans, and one of the flying cans actually popped open causing dog food to spray out. I cannot see how FedEx wasn't aware of all this since the box was ripped open by the flying cans and some of the dog food leaked out.

I contacted doggiefood.com. I received an immediate response from Tony. After an email conversation, we worked out a mutually satisfactory resolution that included sending me a new case of food. The new case was sent directly from Merrick's and arrived via UPS without a hitch.

Based on these two experiences (my only with doggiefood.com) I would "enthusiastically recommend" doggiefood.com and I know that we will continue to use them.

What matters to me most in an online retailer (after price and selection) is customer service. Doggiefood.com has demonstrated to me that they have excellent customer service. I'm naturally a pessimist - I expect problems to happen - so what matters most to me is knowing that there are people on the other side of my computer keyboard who will respond to my complaint and take appropriate actions. Doggiefood.com resolved all my concerns when they were not at all responsible for the problems I experienced. Can anything more positive be said about an online retailer?

Please ignore the reports of poor customer service. If those posts are true (and I admit to being naturally suspicious of most online posts - more on this below), at least know that the experience isn't universal. For instance, I see that one complaint here is that doggiefood.com would not allow the customer to cancel an order. Given that doggiefood.com acts on the customer's request immediately upon receipt, is that no wonder?? What does that person expect?? The only way to allow a customer to cancel an order after it has been placed is to delay acting on an order for . . . how long? 24 to 48 hours? how long does that customer think a company wait until that customer decides they actually want what they ordered?Seriously? Hey, I have an idea - know what you want before you place an order. I'd rather have a company that acts on my order the moment it is received.

Bottom Line: I'll stick with Doggiefood.com and encourage you to do the same.

As for my suspicions about online posts - case in fact, right here. I just now posted this 5 star review about doggiefood.com and yet, someone else's review - and a negative one at that - is highlighted by this website. Why is that? Perhaps this site is supported by a competitor? Perhaps not, but something doesn't smell right about that.

modified review This review was modified by Cranky24-7 on February 02 2015 01:33:05 PM

"I placed an order with Doggiefood.com and received the shipment 4 days later as expected. The only issue was not getting any confirmation that the order shipped, but customer service answered my email right away and I got a shipment confirmation and tracking number the next morning. I did not experience any of the issues that others are reporting, and I would definitely order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by thebigshuck2 on January 29 2015 07:23:20 AM

"It has been a week and my order still says PROCESSING. They ignore emails and phone calls. By the way, they never pick up their phone. Wished I never ordered from them.

Putting in a credit card dispute and going back to Amazon.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE LOSERS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS.

"WORST EXPERIENCE ONLINE SHOPPING!
It took 9 WEEKS to get my order. Terrible lack of customer service. For every five emails I sent, I would maybe get one in return two weeks later. No one returns any phone calls. The few emails I did from the owner kept telling me that they had shipped the order. After more time would go by and still nothing, they would again lie and say they had shipped it, when in fact they had not shipped it. This went on for 9 WEEKS, over and over. This company also charged my credit card on Nov. 4th and did not deliver the product for over 2 months. That's not even legal. Hopefully this saves someone the time and frustration that this experience caused me.

modified review This review was modified by CJKern on January 08 2015 11:56:01 AM

"I have given this company several chances and they continue to disappoint. They routinely allow you to buy products on their site, only to find out later that they don't have them in stock, and they are very poor about giving you status updates. The customer service just isn't good, they make you feel like they are doing you a favor letting you shop on their site. Much better service and pricing on other sites such as wag.com and petflow.com. I will not be shopping here again."

modified review This review was modified by anonymous83 on January 05 2015 04:13:20 PM

"Order placed 12/22. Email received 12/26 that product was out of stock but was now on the way. I called 12/29 to ask why they waited to tell me order was out of stock. Tony in customer service explained they were a small family company. Tony blamed the holidays. Tony blamed FedEx. Tony blamed everyone except taking responsibility. I asked if he would send me a 4lb bag of the dog food overnight so my dog would have food. He refused. Tony said, "Here's what you HAVE to understand..." Umm, I don't HAVE to do anything. I'm the customer. I told Tony to cancel my shipment and refund my credit card. As of 12/30, I'm still waiting for that to happen. Would love to support a family owned company, but Tony could care less about keeping me as a customer, so I will take my business elsewhere."

modified review This review was modified by AaronNoVa on December 30 2014 06:57:45 AM

"Do not order anything from this company!! When I called they said that FedEx picked up from their warehouse yesterday but could not provide a tracking number. I told him I would never order from them again and he told me he could cancel my order. How can you cancel an order if it was already picked up by FedEx??? "

"Great webpage and easy to navigate. They also have great prices and discounts. Shipping is FAST! I usually have food 1-2 days after ordering.

The only reason I give them 4 stars, they stopped selling Fromm 4 start line. I do currently order my Rotties food- Orijen from them but now have to look else where for my other two dogs. It would be nice to have a one stop shop.

"Similar experience as others here: placed an order 14 days ago, fully charged credit card for ENTIRE order on that day, and still waiting for over half of my order. Won't answer phone. Wrote that order would ship "soon" and that was eight days ago, still no word. I'd avoid. There are so many other good places online that offer service."

Share Doggiefood.com's store rating

Doggiefood.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Doggiefood.com is not a merchant member
Doggiefood.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!