Stores > Discount Tire Direct

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
Voice your opinion! Review Discount Tire Direct by clicking a star below.
2017-09-08

They sell old tires....and ADMIT it!

"Just purchased a set of tires for my Lexus. When the tires arrived, I checked the date code, and learned the tires were already 2.5 years old! Since tire manufacturers now tell owners to replace tires at six years of age, I called to get new tires or a refund.

While on the phone with Discount Tire Direct's customer service rep, he told me that they stock tires in their warehouse for up to three years!

If you are considering purchasing from them, please contact them first and have them verify the age of the tires you are purchasing.

2017-08-08

The best customer service!

"I found a screw in a tire, and it turned out to be non-repairable. And when they broke down the wheel, they found a lot of corrosion inside the wheel itself. I do a lot of highway driving, and cannot afford to be stranded somewhere so I bough all new tires and wheels. So far so good. But the Cooper highway tire I had selected turned out to be out of stock. I think they only had three when the computer said five. Regardless, they offered to upgrade me to the next Cooper tire for free. It had a bit more aggressive tread than I wanted and I was concerned it might be too noisy, but went ahead with it. Sure enough, I wasn't happy with that model because of the noise. Even though it wasn't super loud, it was louder than I wanted. So I went back a couple of days later, and they very cheerfully got in the original tire I wanted and swapped them out while I waited. Their customer service is outstanding, and that's why I keep going back!

2017-07-31

The Best tire store around !!

"I've been buying my tires from them for the 20 years !! great prices great customer service !! I wont buy my tires from anyone else !!"

2017-07-15

Cheap tires, excellent customer service!

"Ive recently purchased tires and sadly had a problem with them being shipped to my house, yet i never received them. Upon finding this out i was stressed about money down the drain. Although after talking to Roxanne Ritchlin, she made all my worries disappear! She was prompt with responses, very friendly and just made the entire experience worth it. I definitely recommend buying tires through Direct Tires Direct! Best prices i have found."

2017-07-01

HORRIBLE Customer service

"Spoke to alive agent and gave specific tire and zip code for shipping to find out if order will ship the same day. Agent said it will ship the same day. Called Customer service the next day and Tire is NOT IN STOCK.
Was transferred to customer care and was basically told it's in order and this call is basically a waste of time. This will be my last purchase from this store. If this will make them not ship my order then so be it. I would rather share this review so people will stop buying from this store that has a Horrible customer service.

2017-06-29

They'll go out of their way for your satisfaction!!

"I had a small issue with my order and they went out of their way to make sure that I was satisfied with my purchase. I highly recommend this company to anyone seeking fast shipping, wonderful customer service, and a good deal!! "

2017-06-19

Great customer service

"Wouldn't get tires and wheels anywhere else. The customer service agents are very knowledgeable and are willing to listen to you. I recommend discount tire direct to anyone who is looking for great service and quality tires and wheels. "

2017-05-25

Not the same

"Discount tire is not the awesome business we once new. Now my last three sets of tires gave all come shirt of the mileage rating by half or less. The manager says he will give me $50 off if I buy new ones but will not give me a new set per the mileage warranty. I'M DONE I'M GETTING MY TIRES ELSEWHERE!!!"

2017-03-26

Mark Bilbrey

" My fiancé and I went to Discount Tire to purchase four tires they had to special order them and we were given quite a few runarounds . When the tires finally arrived we went to the store and dealt with Mark he was not only professional but sympathetic towards the situation .We had done business with discount tire on several occasions when we first went there we were upset but we left happy and will definitely go back again .Tkank you Mark for taking the time and the understanding of the whole situation as this company is very lucky to have you represent them .Sammy Cousin"

2017-03-25

Very Ignorant Supervisor

"Local tire shop removed my wheel and shows me damage to tire and rim is bent. I called and spoke to Wayne/supervisor to explain reason why tire needs replaced. He tells me to ship defect tire back for them to inspect or pay $21 for additional coverage for replacement tire. Wayne tries to twist my arm to force me to pay for coverage. After being on the phone 5 mins going back and forth I get tired he won't barge. I discontinue the call coz I was too tired going back and forth. Ripoffs!!! Don't purchase from them. They promise and do not deliver."

2017-03-24

I NEVER FEEL COMPELLED TO WRITE REVIEWS, BUT....

"I am so impressed by the customer service, price, and fast shipping of this company! They literally beat the brick and mortar stores by $70 a piece for my high end tires! I slashed my tire and was in a bind...but didn't want go get overcharged so I took a chance and ordered online. My online chat representative, beat tirerack.coms price, and I ordered my tires Wednesday late afternoon, and they were at my house by Friday at 1:30 pm with free shipping! I will be using them again, and recommending them to everyone!"

Excellent customer service

"I have ordered two times from this site with great prices, free shipping, and a rebate each time. Izzy was above the rest in customer service. Thanks!"

Boston, MA
2017-03-24

Seriously impressed at my experience so far

"I recently purchased winter tires from a competitors's site, but needed new tires and wheels to put on for the spring, so I started looking again at pricing with the competitor. However I had time to shop around this time, so I did and came across DTD. Their pricing was a little higher than that competitor for the tires I wanted, so I spoke with an agent on their live chat feature a few days prior to making my purchase and asked a few questions regarding price matching, warranty, promotions etc. The gentleman (forgot name) was extremely helpful. I'm not extremely familiar with purchasing tires and wheels, and he took time to explain not only DTR's policies on price matching, but warranty differences etc in a very detailed and thoughtful way. I appreciated the tone, patience and eagerness to help and inform me on my potential purchase, and in no way did I feel pressured to buy at that time.

I received 3 of the mounted and balanced tires/rims at one time, and the 4th came the very next day. I was not in a hurry to receive them, so this did not pose a problem for me.

After my purchase, I engaged in another chat conversation with an associate regarding a question on my rebates, and they replied quickly and addressed my concerns effortlessly.

Any time I had a question, I used their live chat feature, because I personally find it more convenient than calling in certain situations, and it was quick to talk to someone and get the information that I needed.

I am impressed by the professionalism, high level of customer service and speed at which I received my purchase and my rebates. Their promotions were excellent and influenced my purchase over their online competitor. I was also pleased that they accept Car Care for financing options which also influenced my decision, especially since this was a rather large purchase for me. The rebate process was quick and easy as well, and I have already raved about my great experience to my father, who will be making a similar purchase soon.

I have yet to put these new tires on my car, but when I do, I'll update with my thoughts on the actual product.

2017-03-14

They have no idea how to run a business

"I ordered rims, chrome lug nuts, and valve stems. Valve stems I let them know I didn't get them, the response was on how to install. I let them know they sent me the wrong lug nuts/ ordered chrome/ what I got was plain cheep lugs not chrome. Incompetence seems to be the company moto . I've used other companies online for tires and wheels never had these problems except discount tire direct. THEY ****"

2016-12-02

Great prices absolutely !!!- Talk a great game - yes !! - But awful communication and ssslllloooowww

"Understandably with excellent prices and free shipping - they are busy. So if you are calling in with questions during a busy period - expect to be on hold for north of an hour. I finally gave up and had them call back. Their on hold messaging doesn't have a music option - either leave a message / hang up or wait in queue. The incessant uber bubbly messages are repeated ad nauseam. Unfortunately those over the top happy messages about how great they are - don't jive with my experience up to this point.
Neither does their web site statement:
"If for any reason we fall short of our goal, please let us know and we will make it right."
Kind of tough when you are so difficult to reach and don't publish an email address.
This is one of those companies with an online presence where ecommerce is clearly an important aspect of what they do - yet there is no easy way to reach them by email. This isn't one of those companies that claim they will get back to you in 5-7 days. Worse - they don't offer any way to contact them except by phone until you get an invoice from their ConsumerAffairs email address. The agent I spoke to confirmed my order would ship the next day and based upon that I made some plans to get the tires installed. Now it is almost 2 days after the order was placed and no tracking. Maybe it is in transit and their tracking email hasn't been sent or maybe the tires are still sitting there. I ran a whois on their domain name and got a direct number. After 2 attempts to speak to a human that could help I got into a voice mail where I left a message. What is with these companies that run online businesses and make their email addresses and general communication so difficult?
I just want to track a bloody order. Why all these stupid gyrations? There is no way to check an order in process. Not a great online experience. Hopefully the tires arrive safely and carry a current date code as I was assured by the agent. We'll see if my experience gets any worse....

Share Discount Tire Direct's store rating

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!