Stores > Discount Tire Direct

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.43/10 6.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Discount Tire Direct by clicking a star below.
2017-03-25

Very Ignorant Supervisor

"Local tire shop removed my wheel and shows me damage to tire and rim is bent. I called and spoke to Wayne/supervisor to explain reason why tire needs replaced. He tells me to ship defect tire back for them to inspect or pay $21 for additional coverage for replacement tire. Wayne tries to twist my arm to force me to pay for coverage. After being on the phone 5 mins going back and forth I get tired he won't barge. I discontinue the call coz I was too tired going back and forth. Ripoffs!!! Don't purchase from them. They promise and do not deliver."

This review was modified by King-46334 on March 25 2017 06:45:01 AM

2017-03-24

I NEVER FEEL COMPELLED TO WRITE REVIEWS, BUT....

"I am so impressed by the customer service, price, and fast shipping of this company! They literally beat the brick and mortar stores by $70 a piece for my high end tires! I slashed my tire and was in a bind...but didn't want go get overcharged so I took a chance and ordered online. My online chat representative, beat tirerack.coms price, and I ordered my tires Wednesday late afternoon, and they were at my house by Friday at 1:30 pm with free shipping! I will be using them again, and recommending them to everyone!"

This review was modified by Lcj1979 on March 24 2017 05:15:02 PM

Excellent customer service

"I have ordered two times from this site with great prices, free shipping, and a rebate each time. Izzy was above the rest in customer service. Thanks!"

This review was modified by Sean-16584 on March 24 2017 12:15:02 PM

Boston, MA
2017-03-24

Seriously impressed at my experience so far

"I recently purchased winter tires from a competitors's site, but needed new tires and wheels to put on for the spring, so I started looking again at pricing with the competitor. However I had time to shop around this time, so I did and came across DTD. Their pricing was a little higher than that competitor for the tires I wanted, so I spoke with an agent on their live chat feature a few days prior to making my purchase and asked a few questions regarding price matching, warranty, promotions etc. The gentleman (forgot name) was extremely helpful. I'm not extremely familiar with purchasing tires and wheels, and he took time to explain not only DTR's policies on price matching, but warranty differences etc in a very detailed and thoughtful way. I appreciated the tone, patience and eagerness to help and inform me on my potential purchase, and in no way did I feel pressured to buy at that time.

I received 3 of the mounted and balanced tires/rims at one time, and the 4th came the very next day. I was not in a hurry to receive them, so this did not pose a problem for me.

After my purchase, I engaged in another chat conversation with an associate regarding a question on my rebates, and they replied quickly and addressed my concerns effortlessly.

Any time I had a question, I used their live chat feature, because I personally find it more convenient than calling in certain situations, and it was quick to talk to someone and get the information that I needed.

I am impressed by the professionalism, high level of customer service and speed at which I received my purchase and my rebates. Their promotions were excellent and influenced my purchase over their online competitor. I was also pleased that they accept Car Care for financing options which also influenced my decision, especially since this was a rather large purchase for me. The rebate process was quick and easy as well, and I have already raved about my great experience to my father, who will be making a similar purchase soon.

I have yet to put these new tires on my car, but when I do, I'll update with my thoughts on the actual product.

This review was modified by AceFace3000 on March 24 2017 08:45:02 AM

2017-03-14

They have no idea how to run a business

"I ordered rims, chrome lug nuts, and valve stems. Valve stems I let them know I didn't get them, the response was on how to install. I let them know they sent me the wrong lug nuts/ ordered chrome/ what I got was plain cheep lugs not chrome. Incompetence seems to be the company moto . I've used other companies online for tires and wheels never had these problems except discount tire direct. THEY ****"

This review was modified by Discountsucks on March 14 2017 06:30:01 PM

2016-12-02

Great prices absolutely !!!- Talk a great game - yes !! - But awful communication and ssslllloooowww

"Understandably with excellent prices and free shipping - they are busy. So if you are calling in with questions during a busy period - expect to be on hold for north of an hour. I finally gave up and had them call back. Their on hold messaging doesn't have a music option - either leave a message / hang up or wait in queue. The incessant uber bubbly messages are repeated ad nauseam. Unfortunately those over the top happy messages about how great they are - don't jive with my experience up to this point.
Neither does their web site statement:
"If for any reason we fall short of our goal, please let us know and we will make it right."
Kind of tough when you are so difficult to reach and don't publish an email address.
This is one of those companies with an online presence where ecommerce is clearly an important aspect of what they do - yet there is no easy way to reach them by email. This isn't one of those companies that claim they will get back to you in 5-7 days. Worse - they don't offer any way to contact them except by phone until you get an invoice from their ConsumerAffairs email address. The agent I spoke to confirmed my order would ship the next day and based upon that I made some plans to get the tires installed. Now it is almost 2 days after the order was placed and no tracking. Maybe it is in transit and their tracking email hasn't been sent or maybe the tires are still sitting there. I ran a whois on their domain name and got a direct number. After 2 attempts to speak to a human that could help I got into a voice mail where I left a message. What is with these companies that run online businesses and make their email addresses and general communication so difficult?
I just want to track a bloody order. Why all these stupid gyrations? There is no way to check an order in process. Not a great online experience. Hopefully the tires arrive safely and carry a current date code as I was assured by the agent. We'll see if my experience gets any worse....

This review was modified by JeffFL on December 02 2016 10:58:28 AM

2016-12-01

Worst company EVER!!!

"This company is a JOKE!!!! They think they know everything and won't sell a specific sized tire to you if they "think" it's unsafe based off their review. They ask for your car information at check out even tho it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS and then take your money but won't ship your order requiring you to call them to verify information. When I called they gave me some pathetic joke of a spiel about how the tire I ordered is mot safe to run on my car... the exact same tire size and ratio that I've been running for almost TEN years that I've had multiple DEALERSHIP mechanics look at, , comment and compliment me on, align, etc. with NO issues about them being unsafe. This company is an absolute joke because they pretend to know things that they truly "know" nothing about and are just basing off of numbers in their manual! Steer clear of Discount Tire Direct!!! They will take your money and WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!"

2016-10-19

Negative reviews are crap. DTD is top notch.

"Don't understand how anyone can complain about anything with DTD. They have the best prices around!!! Do research if you don't believe me. Awesome prices, awesome shipping. I recommend to everyone, and I will continue to buy tires from then for life. "

This review was modified by w_richard_abel on March 24 2017 07:49:56 AM

2016-09-21

Customer Service ...Thanks Michelle for waranty replacement!

"I ordered 4 cooper cobras online 11 months ago for a car in restoration. As restorations go it hasn't got finished yet,,and when I mounted the tires on new rims a bubble formed on one sidewall. I called service expecting a run around about them being 11 months old and never used yet.. but instead got a nice polite lady Michelle who after asking a few questions was able to get me a replacement sent.
I will highly recommend Cooper tires from Discount Tires Direct and hope the company rewards Michelle 763 51883 for her polite conscientious attitude. Brian Rivers-Lakeland Florida

2016-04-13

DISAPPOINTED

"I have been ordering tires for years from www.discounttiredirect.com last night I ordered a tire and received a email about my order. I was informed that my order couldn't be fulfill because THEY don't feel the tire is safe on my car. It's funny because I have been running this size for over 3 years. Time to look for another tire company."

2016-04-01

Appointments are Pointless

"Today Friday 1st of April of 2016 I went to Discount Tire to buy and replace my tires that I had selected the day before online on their website discounttire.com. I arrived 10 mins early to the store since they say you should arrive minutes early. Well I got there at 10:50 AM cuz I had my appoint got at 11:00 AM. There were only to people working in the front as cashiers and as well as the sellers that once you choose to buy they take you to verify your car with you. Don't get me wrong this is actually good you know. Well it took them a well 15 mins to assits me with my APPOINTMENT. There is no section separated for people with appointments they all treat you the same even if you had an appointment. So this guy talks to me and tries to be super friendly with me but I had studied them since I had 15 mins and all I saw is that they just tell you bullshit just to sell you the tires. Well he tried but I rejected him politely as well by being serious and not just joking around since that's what I saw from them. They just keep talking and talking trying to brainwash you to get you to buy tires. Not just that thou, this guy as soon as I paid him, he had the balls to tell me that there was another appointment ahead of me and that it was going to take some time. As of right now it is 11:44 AM and I'm still not out. This is too messed up. I should of gone to those Hispanic Tire Shops that they take you in with out appointments and you are out within 15 mins no bullshit. I just wasted a full hour of my life. But this doesn't end here. As I am writing this, I'm still waiting and now it its 11:47 AM and I'm still there. Never in my life will be back to this ridiculous place. They just want to make it seem that that type of job is hard when in reality it's not. They have machines that do all the work and all they have to do is take out the tire and put it back in. From what I saw as well is that the people that work in the shop changing tires look like they are lost and slow. There is just to much confusion and psychology being played to the clients to make them buy. Lol. So messed up. Now for that I will make sure they do enforce my free spins and rotations that they offer. Then I will be done with this people. Time now it's 11:53 AM and still not out. I'm just waiting for my car to be done and then I'll be the f*** out of here. This location is the one from Lilburn GA in front of Walmart. So anyone that reads this do not go to them. Look for another alternative because you are just going to waste part of your life time that none of them will return to you. Now since I don't trust them I'm going to check my car before I leave to make sure they don't do anything bad to my car or make it in a way that could break later on. You never know with corporations. So sick. So sick. At least me, I will go with Hispanic Tire Shops cuz they are really fast no bullshit. Wasted to much of my life. It's 12:00 PM now and still here. F***!!!!!! Well finally it's 12:05 PM and they called me and told me that the tires are done and they still have the courage to try to sell me certificates to cover my tires lol. And I told him that I didn't wanted because in reality I was never ever coming back to this place and he is like "why is that? Are you going to another shop?" I said "well yeah because this is ridiculous and I have gone to Hispanic tire shops and they take in without appointments and you are out within 15 mins with no bullshit" and he is like "wow I'm sorry for this we are usually not like this" lol f*** you!!! You know that's a lie. Oh and the receipt that they give you does not have work order #. Only 218 Joseph C Walters I don't even know who is that. Lol. Oh well, from now on I will tell anyone that I know to not ever even think about Discount Tires. Hahahaha. Good Bye. "

2016-03-01

check your air pressure

"After they installed 4 new tires, my dashboard pressure indicators indicated pressures from 34 to 41 PSI. Went back in and was told it takes a while for one's car indicators to reset. Drove the car 10 miles to home and indicators still the same. Put a hand held pressure gage on the tires - still varied from 34 to 41 #. Called the dealer and they said the calibration must be off on their machine(s) and thanks for calling back. Bottom line - Always check your tire pressures yourself after having new tires installed (and regularly thereafter) as things happen with any dealer and I suspect this could occur at any tire shop. "

This review was modified by billpoll on March 01 2016 07:42:25 AM

2016-02-23

Conroe, TX Location (1001 Loop 336 W. (936) 756-3432)

"Yet another GREAT experience at this location. Zack runs this place beyond the way it should be run. We buy tires from the other location in Conroe for my wife's car but have not needed tires for my car because its newer with low miles. NEVERTHELESS they have gladly patched 2 staggered run-flat back tires. Note that it takes about an hour to do one because of the regulations they have to adhere to when patching these costly tires. They even found more nails and staples in them and patches those holes too. This is done at no cost. I felt bad so I make sure they have burgers and burritos from nearby places when I leave. I will buy my tires from that location from now on. Make no mistake, the other location is awesome and equally fantastic and take care of my wife every time, but this will be my place when buying new tires. Thanks Zack and your team for saving my **** again.

Joe M.
BMW 535 I

2015-12-09

"I bought tires seeing their black Friday deals and price match guarantee. Their price per tire was $90.32 and soon after that I found tiers being offered for less than $60 and Walmart itself was the cheapest $57. I applied for price match and got email form sales rep. asking to call him back and I did. He accepted Walmart price was true and when he pulled up my details using my order number he saw my rebates on the black Firday and he is claiming, that makes their price low???? That does not make sense at all.

It is like first increasing the price too high and offering some rebates (full of hassles) to attract the customers unethically. What if I had forgot to rebate? And one of the rebate I got was from applying their store card? What about hit on my credit report?

It would be much better if you just keep the price competitive and offer no rebates.

This review was modified by rakeshraj on December 09 2015 11:55:05 AM

2015-11-24

"Discount tire should change their name to overpriced tire and overaggressive salesperson tire.
They used to have good prices and now they don't. I went in to purchase a new tire and the salesperson pressured me for 15 minutes to purchase 2 or 4 tires (offering he said a buyone getone) Their prices are significantly higrhr than PEP boys and others

This review was modified by poopsnicker on November 24 2015 02:28:57 PM

Share Discount Tire Direct's store rating

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!