Discount Tire Coupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I purchased a set of Michelin tires from Discount Tire Direct about 4 years ago, with no problems. I was looking for a set of 4 snows last week. Their price for the Hankook tires I was looking for was about 30% lower than other sellers, with free shipping. Too good to be true? I was a little hesitant to buy from them again because of some of the negative reviews posted here at resellerratings.com. I decided to take a chance, and made the purchase this past Thursday, figuring that I had protection from Visa in case there was a problem. I received a very prompt confirmation email on the purchase, but then a couple hours received an email advising that the tires were not in stock at their regular nearest distributor, but that, to avoid delays, they were having the tires shipped directly from the manufacturer's main distributor. Hmm -- was this an orange flag? However, the tires arrived by UPS yesterday -- quicker than I'd expected, just two business days after I placed the order -- in perfect condition. So, I cannot discount other people's negative experiences, but I can say that mine have been very positive so far. "

modified review This review was modified by green mountain lawyer on December 16 2014 10:30:27 AM

"I tried to contact them after receiving notice that my order would be delayed.... I needed an actual estimate of delivery date because I needed the tires now, hence why I ordered them. I gave up after 3 different calls and being on hold for 55 minutes, 32 minutes and 15 minutes.

In all that time not once was I able to speak to a human. I was annoyed buy a repeating recording advertisement for how great they are.
I find it rather hypocritical that the recording mentions that the lowest price isn't what always matters, its the customer service.... Well maybe you should take notes from your recording because this is unacceptable.

I will be canceling the charge with my bank and reporting them to the BBB. This is the worst experience I have ever had purchasing online. I will never recommend this company to anyone!

modified review This review was modified by bcbsinica on December 02 2014 04:24:20 PM

"Bought two sets of tires at two different times.
Both order went through 100%, no problems at all.
Shipping was quick and free.
Pricing was the best I could find.

This was one of the best online companies I have ever worked with.

Note: Let them know in the comments that you have already verified that the tires will fit your car, if they are different from
the factory specifications.

"Be careful with this company............................ They will charge you for everything. Do not trust them. And be sure you review the bill from them. Because they will not tell you.
Is discount tire good a good value???????? (review is from buying tires from a discount tire store)

" I ordered 3 special purpose tires for our trailer from Discounttiredirect.com in Oct '14. The tires arrived sooner than expected; however, they shipped the wrong size. I called their customer service number and the mistake could not have been handled more professionally. They corrected the problem by submitting a new order and immediately shipped replacement tires (while emphasizing the correct tire size), put the charge on their account (not mine), emailed me a UPS pre-paid label to return the other tires. The correct tires arrived within a couple of days. Very satisfied."

"I feel like I have to shear this story with other people, this did not happen every day. All this happen at Discount Tires Store Plano. TX. Brought vehicle in for routine rotate and balance, tech inspect my tires tread, it was half way down so good for service. Two hours late they call me and inform me tree of my tires bad some manufacture defect. I went back to store start asking what problem is but tech no want even talk about my tires he was trying get me to computer and start look for new set of tire. This was kind of strange I ask to show what wrong with my tires. We went to the shop and he show me one off my tire on the flour still on the rim ,and on inside side tire crack all way around , so this was defiantly manufacture defect. This is all fun is started , I was not ready to spend $500-600 for new set tires today, I have two more car at home and I can use this cars till I can save money and pay for new set of tires , but what happen next just shook me , I ask tech to put my tire back and I will buy new tires next time , and I already was late for very important meeting , but tech refuse to put my tire back , he said company policy he cannot install bad tire on the car , ok I told I will bolted tire myself he say no again , ok I ask him to install my spare tire so I can leave store , I have full size spear tire absolutely new , never been use , always in the trunk and I always check air pressure , so he start look at my spear tire and he told me my spear tire expire and he cannot install it on my car. Looks like I run out all options , so I ask him how I can get my own car from you shop and leave , he told me I have two options , first to buy new set of tires and second call for tow track and no other options. This was really bad; I start think to call cops. This was really simple visit for rotation and balance and I end up standing on the street with no car and no way I can get home and do not know what to do. So I decide to pay with my credit card and purchase new set of tires, total was $570. Now what I am thinking about this situation – this was really ripped off sell, I see this like some kind of scam. Tech inspects my car before he took it to the shop, I did not sign any papers, nobody inform me I can end up in like this situation, and no any sign in the store about situations like this, they just put me at the fact – pay for new tire or call tow track . When I got home I decide to call Toyota dealership and ask about my spear tire, they connect me with Toyota adviser and he explain me , they not recommended drive for too long on old spear , but in case of emergency it’s perfectly safe use it and drive like manual said 30-35 mph. I been use discount tire for over 10 years and service 5 cars at this store all the time, but I never see some think like this before, this is like big thanks for my loyalty. My car Toyota Camry 2004 and this all happen at Discount Tire Store 8700 Ohio Dr. Plano TX 75024.Tech name Robert P McCullough."

modified review This review was modified by IgorG on October 27 2014 07:23:42 PM

"I have ordered several tires in the past from Discount Tire Direct with good service. However, this time I ordered a tire they wanted to know what vehicle it was going to installed on. I told them that was not their concern but they insisted which is a change from my previous orders. If they don't like your answers they won't sell you the tire. Now I have to reorder the tire somewhere else and wait a week for my refund. I'm very disappointed and unhappy with these guys. They act like Big Government!"

"I purchased a set of 4 tires, out of which, 3 were manufactured in the same month, while the 4th was one year earlier, and this one looked scratched all over. I waited for about three months to have it mounted. No surprise that the 4th wouldn't balance - guess it could be a return from a previous order. I really hate to deal with a return/exchange of a tire, but I may have to do it. The possible saving isn't worth the hassle. Next time, I will stick to my good old Costco."

"I was attending my aunt's funeral in Pueblo, Colorado, when I had a road hazard incident that irreparably damaged one of my tires. Shortly after I got this car, I took it to Discount Tire for balance and rotation. The car and tires were fairly new so the service person stated they could offer the road hazard warranty. This is the first time I have had to use one. The customer service I received was excellent. They didn't have the tire in stock but was trying to work it out so I could get back to New Mexico as soon as possible. They were about to get me in a different tire in the same size so that I could get back home, then take it to my local DT for a direct replacement. Turns out they found one in Colorado Springs and I was on my way about two and a half hours later with the exact same replacement. Their attitude was positive and very helpful. It was a good experience on an otherwise dreary day."

modified review This review was modified by Gravinaut on December 15 2013 12:56:15 PM

"I have purchased probably a few thousand dollars worth of tires over the last 3-4 years from Discount Tire Direct because of their unrivaled customer service. My recent experience was okay but not great. I got a great price on my tires, I received them in a timely fashion, but the actual conversations I had with the Discount Tire Direct representatives left much to desire. My first call was with Jordan on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 about a possible price match with sears.com. After some questions, though some questions implied I was lying about the pricing (he was on sears.com at the time too), he was able to beat the pricing by roughly $25-30 which I was very satisfied with. I then asked the question "Until what time is this price valid?", which is a perfectly acceptable question to ask because I was spending close to $800 for tires. He replied by saying "What is preventing you from purchasing right now?" then went on to say how all of his other customers have no issue buying at the moment. I brought it to his attention and he said that it wasn't meant to make me feel pressured. It was honestly a simple question that did not require a reasoning to a representative. I did not want to deal with Jordan when I ordered after that incident, so I contacted Mitch who I've purchased several sets of tires previously. He was kind and took care of the order without any questions. I called back a third time and spoke with Mitch with a question about price matching after a order was placed. I was looking for either a "Yes" or "No" answer and I would have been satisfied. Unfortunately, the response wasn't pleasant. He said "Is it really $23 we are talking about?". I knew it was a rather small amount but the response was not needed. After these experiences, I will have to think twice when I buy my tires from Discount Tire Direct because of the unpleasant responses I received from them. The tires arrived safely otherwise."

modified review This review was modified by staro0989 on December 07 2013 06:11:47 PM

"This is my second order from Discount Tire Direct. The first was through their eBay page and this most recent time was direct from their site. They have awesome prices but you can see that for yourself. They are quick to process orders and today I had a great experience with one of their customer service reps. They called me the other day to tell me that the tires I ordered were out of stock and they thought the tires would be on a delivery truck but they ended up not being there. DTD offered me a discount on a more expensive tire but it still was more than I was willing to pay. He then offered an equivalent tire in a different size (snow tires go out of stock and aren't usually restocked so in December the selection is much smaller), the tires were actually a bit cheaper too! I'm very satisfied and will buy from DTD again!"

modified review This review was modified by MarcAntaya on December 06 2013 07:00:13 AM

"Just ordered a set of Cooper CS4 Touring tires for my Honda Civic. The transaction went through fine online, though today I got a call from them saying there was an issue with my order. When I returned the call, the salesman told me they were out of those tires (no mention of this on the website then or now) and would I be willing to wait 10-12 days if they could get them in stock? I said sure, the price is so much lower and the free shipping make it worth it, and my tires aren't absolutely bald yet. I was then put on hold while he called Cooper and got assurance that they could get those tires in stock quickly. When he came back he asked me why I removed the certificate for replacement that was a $40 add on that was already selected for me. When I explained that the certificates were over half the price of a new tire and I'd just purchase one if I needed it, he offered me the certificate at a lower rate. I still declined, and he said okay, processed my credit card, said everything went through, and gave me his number so that if I ever need anything to call him instead of using the website. I've never used them before, and obviously haven't seen my new tires yet, so I don't know if this is normal practice for them or not. I can't help but have the suspicion that if I had left on the certificate for replacement that I never would have received this call and my tires would have been shipped right away. Again, I can't say for sure, but I do not appreciate trying to sell me something over the phone (even if it is at a discount) that I already declined to purchase online. I know a salesman has got to make sales, but we shall see. As of now mark me down as skeptical, but when my tires get here I will update this further. If all is well and I get my tires in a few weeks and they are all good, then I will have appreciated the call to inform me of the delay, though still not the attempted certificate sale."

modified review This review was modified by PittsburghNative on October 10 2013 10:49:42 AM

"Ordered a set of 4 Cooper Discoverer ATP's on September 2. I looked all over for a comparable set of 265/75 16's, and these seemed to get outstanding reviews for the price. I paid $132 per tire, and shipping was free. I also applied for a rebate in the form of a Visa Gift Card for $75.

When I came home from work on September 4, the tires were on my porch. Even though they stated the gift card could take 4-6 weeks for processing, it came yesterday, September 21.

I'm very happy with the tires so far, even though that's out of control of DTD. They look great on my Xterra and ride very well, and give excellent traction in the rain (I'm going to do some off-road testing next weekend). But, I am thrilled to be able to get the tires at a competitive price, shipped free in two days, and to get a substantial amount of money back to boot.

I'm very happy with my purchase and I will be doing business with them again.

modified review This review was modified by squashpup on September 22 2013 08:22:51 AM

"I've had past issues with Discount Tire stores in town but this is only about Direct. I ordered the exact same two tires I've been running for years on the exact same wheels. I was denied this order because the agent said the tires were too small for my car and they wouldn't support the weight of the car. I've been a car enthusiast my whole life and I've never heard such a claim. I told him a DT store down the street sold me the exact same tire last year with no issues. He kept arguing with me. I told him to just cancel the order. I woke up this morning to check my bank account and they charged me $1 for canceling it. Those bastards will never see another penny from me or my family."

modified review This review was modified by AP_sizzle on September 13 2013 07:59:49 AM

"I stored some tires in my basement for my restoration car. I took my wheels to discount tire for the balancing and was told that they could not be balanced because the tire was too old!they could not verify the tire pressure. ("how stupid!" The tires where 6 years old and where as the day I bought them.") was also told that all other places would tell me the same thing... I grew up changing a balancing tires and never heard of this! no other tire store heard of this either!! I got my tires balanced elsewhere. they just wanted to be lazy or try to get me to buy more tire!!! showed me that they are incompetent!"

modified review This review was modified by johnny5live on July 10 2013 09:06:05 PM

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!