• Discount Tire D

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Have ordered four tires from them twice and, both times, found them to have least expensive tires for brand wanted and 2-day FREE delivery. Asked for Michelin tires to be "fresh dated" in the comment section of my order and received four tires manufactured two weeks ago!! Haven't had to deal with them regarding any returns so I can't comment on that but, otherwise, extremely pleased!"

This review was modified by Espressonut on August 20 2015 01:36:44 PM

"I will NEVER order from this company again. I tried to order two tires that I am 100% positive will support the weight of my car. I have experienced family that has worked on foreign cars for 20+ years that also run the same tires that I ordered that were on a much heavier 5 series than my 3 series BMW. They explained that these tires will only fit on the front, but not the rear. They obviously don't know that the car is heavier in the front, where the engine is. They are uneducated. They do not have you're best interest in mind. They would not allow me to buy these tires simply because the weight cannot be supported, according to them. I do not need to give them ANY information about my vehicle. But, they require it. I should have just put a vehicle that matched a lighter vehicle. My advice, make up a vehicle if you are looking for aftermarket tires simply for the fact that they will not sell them to you. They wasted my time with symantics while "explaining" they didn't want me to have a blow out. All I wanted was a yes or no. Simply put, they do not have experieiced personnel. They will argue with you first, and then not sell you the desired tires. Again, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I don't want a lecture from a company that I am simply a customer at. "

This review was modified by Anonymous12435 on August 10 2015 05:11:14 PM

"So to start, I was givin a fair deal, however, trust blows this rating to a 1. I sent my wife in after settling up the deal over the phone. My concern was the tires coming off of my car that I felt had a warranty claim for not holding up in the construction of the tire. When I called to ask of the outcome they kept pointing at mileage. I expressed was not the tread depth, which they could not would not tell me, but was of the coming apart of parts of the tire. A brand they carry and they could make a warranty claim. As a tire specialist of that brand I am aware of how it is supposed to go. The more I tried to get an answer of the condition of the tires, the more busy the person seemed to get and could not get a comfortable resolve or explaination. Secondly, when I checked the cold tire pressure, two of the tires were 5 pounds off of what they should be. This will cause wear and safety issues. I corrected that. Thirdly, the nice matching metal stem caps I had with my wheels were not replaced. Only cheap black caps. And lastly, one of the stick on balancing weights was stuck on top of a sticker/label inside the wheel. Not a cosmetic thing, but likely to come off because the surface was not prepped. Many details not being followed from a company that should hold better standards than say "Walmart". This and reading other reviews brought my trust way down. Will have to deal with Discount Tire since I bought tires from them, but will definitely have to check their work when rotating and balance of my tires. Not happy after premium high dollar purchase. "

This review was modified by cap10scot on August 01 2015 07:12:28 AM

"I will never order tires any where else. I bought 4 tires on Thursday at 2 pm. It came with UPS Ground Free shipping and the tires were at my house on Friday afternoon. I bought tires that look good and are very quiet (Nankang brand) all four for less than $300 dollars. A steal! "

This review was modified by ashleighskw on May 18 2015 08:30:34 AM

"Don't return tires! They will refund you at least $200 less the you paid for the tires and claim that the tires you retuned show tread loss. If my tires lost 1/32 tread in the mile to the shop the tire were sh#$t to begin with."

This review was modified by blankraz on April 01 2015 04:39:09 PM

"I ordered 2 tires to be mounted on my chrome Roush rims, one was perfect but the other one had a bunch of scratches that cannot be buffed out, they offered to buy a new rim... very satisfied with the manager at this store they back up there work.... I really recommend Discount Tire to everyone

"Had to call because order was on hold, then were told they wouldn't sell the tire because of the car they were being put on. Modified car with new wheels, much research was done before ordering , but hey whatever. Writing a review apparently makes no difference to them because I know see all the negative reviews. I just wish I would have researched this company like I did the tires. Oh well. "

This review was modified by cornwell on February 02 2015 01:37:07 PM

"My Wife's older SUV needed tires, I first tried a different site, online tire that said lowest prices period, I ordered them and 4 days later got a message, not in stock, order next size smaller, again not in stock, order a tire $5 high but in cart it jumped $20, gave up on em. In searching found Discount tire direct good price and free shipping. In fact they were cheaper than the lowest price period site. Thought, oh no, another bate and switch company but put in the order and it went through with out a problem. I quickly received a tracking number and shipping information and the the tires arrived quickly. They were better than the online tire site offered and $10 cheaper. I think this company is for real and I will buy my tires here from no on"

"I purchased a set of Michelin tires from Discount Tire Direct about 4 years ago, with no problems. I was looking for a set of 4 snows last week. Their price for the Hankook tires I was looking for was about 30% lower than other sellers, with free shipping. Too good to be true? I was a little hesitant to buy from them again because of some of the negative reviews posted here at resellerratings.com. I decided to take a chance, and made the purchase this past Thursday, figuring that I had protection from Visa in case there was a problem. I received a very prompt confirmation email on the purchase, but then a couple hours received an email advising that the tires were not in stock at their regular nearest distributor, but that, to avoid delays, they were having the tires shipped directly from the manufacturer's main distributor. Hmm -- was this an orange flag? However, the tires arrived by UPS yesterday -- quicker than I'd expected, just two business days after I placed the order -- in perfect condition. So, I cannot discount other people's negative experiences, but I can say that mine have been very positive so far. "

This review was modified by green mountain lawyer on December 16 2014 10:30:27 AM

"I tried to contact them after receiving notice that my order would be delayed.... I needed an actual estimate of delivery date because I needed the tires now, hence why I ordered them. I gave up after 3 different calls and being on hold for 55 minutes, 32 minutes and 15 minutes.

In all that time not once was I able to speak to a human. I was annoyed buy a repeating recording advertisement for how great they are.
I find it rather hypocritical that the recording mentions that the lowest price isn't what always matters, its the customer service.... Well maybe you should take notes from your recording because this is unacceptable.

I will be canceling the charge with my bank and reporting them to the BBB. This is the worst experience I have ever had purchasing online. I will never recommend this company to anyone!

This review was modified by bcbsinica on December 02 2014 04:24:20 PM

"Bought two sets of tires at two different times.
Both order went through 100%, no problems at all.
Shipping was quick and free.
Pricing was the best I could find.

This was one of the best online companies I have ever worked with.

Note: Let them know in the comments that you have already verified that the tires will fit your car, if they are different from
the factory specifications.

"Be careful with this company............................ They will charge you for everything. Do not trust them. And be sure you review the bill from them. Because they will not tell you.
Is discount tire good a good value???????? (review is from buying tires from a discount tire store)

" I ordered 3 special purpose tires for our trailer from Discounttiredirect.com in Oct '14. The tires arrived sooner than expected; however, they shipped the wrong size. I called their customer service number and the mistake could not have been handled more professionally. They corrected the problem by submitting a new order and immediately shipped replacement tires (while emphasizing the correct tire size), put the charge on their account (not mine), emailed me a UPS pre-paid label to return the other tires. The correct tires arrived within a couple of days. Very satisfied."

"I feel like I have to shear this story with other people, this did not happen every day. All this happen at Discount Tires Store Plano. TX. Brought vehicle in for routine rotate and balance, tech inspect my tires tread, it was half way down so good for service. Two hours late they call me and inform me tree of my tires bad some manufacture defect. I went back to store start asking what problem is but tech no want even talk about my tires he was trying get me to computer and start look for new set of tire. This was kind of strange I ask to show what wrong with my tires. We went to the shop and he show me one off my tire on the flour still on the rim ,and on inside side tire crack all way around , so this was defiantly manufacture defect. This is all fun is started , I was not ready to spend $500-600 for new set tires today, I have two more car at home and I can use this cars till I can save money and pay for new set of tires , but what happen next just shook me , I ask tech to put my tire back and I will buy new tires next time , and I already was late for very important meeting , but tech refuse to put my tire back , he said company policy he cannot install bad tire on the car , ok I told I will bolted tire myself he say no again , ok I ask him to install my spare tire so I can leave store , I have full size spear tire absolutely new , never been use , always in the trunk and I always check air pressure , so he start look at my spear tire and he told me my spear tire expire and he cannot install it on my car. Looks like I run out all options , so I ask him how I can get my own car from you shop and leave , he told me I have two options , first to buy new set of tires and second call for tow track and no other options. This was really bad; I start think to call cops. This was really simple visit for rotation and balance and I end up standing on the street with no car and no way I can get home and do not know what to do. So I decide to pay with my credit card and purchase new set of tires, total was $570. Now what I am thinking about this situation – this was really ripped off sell, I see this like some kind of scam. Tech inspects my car before he took it to the shop, I did not sign any papers, nobody inform me I can end up in like this situation, and no any sign in the store about situations like this, they just put me at the fact – pay for new tire or call tow track . When I got home I decide to call Toyota dealership and ask about my spear tire, they connect me with Toyota adviser and he explain me , they not recommended drive for too long on old spear , but in case of emergency it’s perfectly safe use it and drive like manual said 30-35 mph. I been use discount tire for over 10 years and service 5 cars at this store all the time, but I never see some think like this before, this is like big thanks for my loyalty. My car Toyota Camry 2004 and this all happen at Discount Tire Store 8700 Ohio Dr. Plano TX 75024.Tech name Robert P McCullough."

This review was modified by IgorG on October 27 2014 07:23:42 PM

"I have ordered several tires in the past from Discount Tire Direct with good service. However, this time I ordered a tire they wanted to know what vehicle it was going to installed on. I told them that was not their concern but they insisted which is a change from my previous orders. If they don't like your answers they won't sell you the tire. Now I have to reorder the tire somewhere else and wait a week for my refund. I'm very disappointed and unhappy with these guys. They act like Big Government!"

Share Discount Tire Direct's store rating

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!