Stores > Discount Tire Direct

Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-09-21

Customer Service ...Thanks Michelle for waranty replacement!

"I ordered 4 cooper cobras online 11 months ago for a car in restoration. As restorations go it hasn't got finished yet,,and when I mounted the tires on new rims a bubble formed on one sidewall. I called service expecting a run around about them being 11 months old and never used yet.. but instead got a nice polite lady Michelle who after asking a few questions was able to get me a replacement sent.
I will highly recommend Cooper tires from Discount Tires Direct and hope the company rewards Michelle 763 51883 for her polite conscientious attitude. Brian Rivers-Lakeland Florida

2016-04-13

DISAPPOINTED

"I have been ordering tires for years from www.discounttiredirect.com last night I ordered a tire and received a email about my order. I was informed that my order couldn't be fulfill because THEY don't feel the tire is safe on my car. It's funny because I have been running this size for over 3 years. Time to look for another tire company."

2016-04-01

Appointments are Pointless

"Today Friday 1st of April of 2016 I went to Discount Tire to buy and replace my tires that I had selected the day before online on their website discounttire.com. I arrived 10 mins early to the store since they say you should arrive minutes early. Well I got there at 10:50 AM cuz I had my appoint got at 11:00 AM. There were only to people working in the front as cashiers and as well as the sellers that once you choose to buy they take you to verify your car with you. Don't get me wrong this is actually good you know. Well it took them a well 15 mins to assits me with my APPOINTMENT. There is no section separated for people with appointments they all treat you the same even if you had an appointment. So this guy talks to me and tries to be super friendly with me but I had studied them since I had 15 mins and all I saw is that they just tell you bullshit just to sell you the tires. Well he tried but I rejected him politely as well by being serious and not just joking around since that's what I saw from them. They just keep talking and talking trying to brainwash you to get you to buy tires. Not just that thou, this guy as soon as I paid him, he had the balls to tell me that there was another appointment ahead of me and that it was going to take some time. As of right now it is 11:44 AM and I'm still not out. This is too messed up. I should of gone to those Hispanic Tire Shops that they take you in with out appointments and you are out within 15 mins no bullshit. I just wasted a full hour of my life. But this doesn't end here. As I am writing this, I'm still waiting and now it its 11:47 AM and I'm still there. Never in my life will be back to this ridiculous place. They just want to make it seem that that type of job is hard when in reality it's not. They have machines that do all the work and all they have to do is take out the tire and put it back in. From what I saw as well is that the people that work in the shop changing tires look like they are lost and slow. There is just to much confusion and psychology being played to the clients to make them buy. Lol. So messed up. Now for that I will make sure they do enforce my free spins and rotations that they offer. Then I will be done with this people. Time now it's 11:53 AM and still not out. I'm just waiting for my car to be done and then I'll be the f*** out of here. This location is the one from Lilburn GA in front of Walmart. So anyone that reads this do not go to them. Look for another alternative because you are just going to waste part of your life time that none of them will return to you. Now since I don't trust them I'm going to check my car before I leave to make sure they don't do anything bad to my car or make it in a way that could break later on. You never know with corporations. So sick. So sick. At least me, I will go with Hispanic Tire Shops cuz they are really fast no bullshit. Wasted to much of my life. It's 12:00 PM now and still here. F***!!!!!! Well finally it's 12:05 PM and they called me and told me that the tires are done and they still have the courage to try to sell me certificates to cover my tires lol. And I told him that I didn't wanted because in reality I was never ever coming back to this place and he is like "why is that? Are you going to another shop?" I said "well yeah because this is ridiculous and I have gone to Hispanic tire shops and they take in without appointments and you are out within 15 mins with no bullshit" and he is like "wow I'm sorry for this we are usually not like this" lol f*** you!!! You know that's a lie. Oh and the receipt that they give you does not have work order #. Only 218 Joseph C Walters I don't even know who is that. Lol. Oh well, from now on I will tell anyone that I know to not ever even think about Discount Tires. Hahahaha. Good Bye. "

2016-03-01

check your air pressure

"After they installed 4 new tires, my dashboard pressure indicators indicated pressures from 34 to 41 PSI. Went back in and was told it takes a while for one's car indicators to reset. Drove the car 10 miles to home and indicators still the same. Put a hand held pressure gage on the tires - still varied from 34 to 41 #. Called the dealer and they said the calibration must be off on their machine(s) and thanks for calling back. Bottom line - Always check your tire pressures yourself after having new tires installed (and regularly thereafter) as things happen with any dealer and I suspect this could occur at any tire shop. "

This review was modified by billpoll on March 01 2016 07:42:25 AM

2016-02-23

Conroe, TX Location (1001 Loop 336 W. (936) 756-3432)

"Yet another GREAT experience at this location. Zack runs this place beyond the way it should be run. We buy tires from the other location in Conroe for my wife's car but have not needed tires for my car because its newer with low miles. NEVERTHELESS they have gladly patched 2 staggered run-flat back tires. Note that it takes about an hour to do one because of the regulations they have to adhere to when patching these costly tires. They even found more nails and staples in them and patches those holes too. This is done at no cost. I felt bad so I make sure they have burgers and burritos from nearby places when I leave. I will buy my tires from that location from now on. Make no mistake, the other location is awesome and equally fantastic and take care of my wife every time, but this will be my place when buying new tires. Thanks Zack and your team for saving my **** again.

Joe M.
BMW 535 I

2015-12-09

"I bought tires seeing their black Friday deals and price match guarantee. Their price per tire was $90.32 and soon after that I found tiers being offered for less than $60 and Walmart itself was the cheapest $57. I applied for price match and got email form sales rep. asking to call him back and I did. He accepted Walmart price was true and when he pulled up my details using my order number he saw my rebates on the black Firday and he is claiming, that makes their price low???? That does not make sense at all.

It is like first increasing the price too high and offering some rebates (full of hassles) to attract the customers unethically. What if I had forgot to rebate? And one of the rebate I got was from applying their store card? What about hit on my credit report?

It would be much better if you just keep the price competitive and offer no rebates.

This review was modified by rakeshraj on December 09 2015 11:55:05 AM

2015-11-24

"Discount tire should change their name to overpriced tire and overaggressive salesperson tire.
They used to have good prices and now they don't. I went in to purchase a new tire and the salesperson pressured me for 15 minutes to purchase 2 or 4 tires (offering he said a buyone getone) Their prices are significantly higrhr than PEP boys and others

This review was modified by poopsnicker on November 24 2015 02:28:57 PM

2015-10-15

"I've dealt with DTD via eBay for 14 years now. Over the past year or so things have gone downhill unfortunately. Customer Service...yikes, they want to argue with me when I point out a mistake in their listings or, as one rep did, act the fool by purportedly not "understanding" my question. Never seem to answer questions like "what is the DOT date" on their take off items.."we are too big to know that ".
Another new trick is their jacking up the usual price of a new tire from their usual so they can offer limited time time discounts..ex. Kumho AST 235/40-18 usually $86/each is now $99/each during their "sale" with $100 off for 4...now really a $48 off each for sale. Check out other Review sites...only in the last year or so their ratings show more unhappy customers. Like myself in the past, I was always happy with them, not as much now.

Used to be the best deals in town, no longer the case...sad.

2015-09-14

"This business is amazing. EVERY employee I have talked to has treated me so well and handled every situation. I couldn't dream of a better buying experience. NOT TO MENTION THE AMAZING PRICES OF EVERYTHING AND THE REBATES! :)"

This review was modified by Danielleagrimm on September 14 2015 08:52:05 AM

2015-08-20

"Have ordered four tires from them twice and, both times, found them to have least expensive tires for brand wanted and 2-day FREE delivery. Asked for Michelin tires to be "fresh dated" in the comment section of my order and received four tires manufactured two weeks ago!! Haven't had to deal with them regarding any returns so I can't comment on that but, otherwise, extremely pleased!"

This review was modified by Espressonut on August 20 2015 01:36:44 PM

2015-08-10

"I will NEVER order from this company again. I tried to order two tires that I am 100% positive will support the weight of my car. I have experienced family that has worked on foreign cars for 20+ years that also run the same tires that I ordered that were on a much heavier 5 series than my 3 series BMW. They explained that these tires will only fit on the front, but not the rear. They obviously don't know that the car is heavier in the front, where the engine is. They are uneducated. They do not have you're best interest in mind. They would not allow me to buy these tires simply because the weight cannot be supported, according to them. I do not need to give them ANY information about my vehicle. But, they require it. I should have just put a vehicle that matched a lighter vehicle. My advice, make up a vehicle if you are looking for aftermarket tires simply for the fact that they will not sell them to you. They wasted my time with symantics while "explaining" they didn't want me to have a blow out. All I wanted was a yes or no. Simply put, they do not have experieiced personnel. They will argue with you first, and then not sell you the desired tires. Again, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I don't want a lecture from a company that I am simply a customer at. "

This review was modified by Anonymous12435 on August 10 2015 05:11:14 PM

2015-08-01

"So to start, I was givin a fair deal, however, trust blows this rating to a 1. I sent my wife in after settling up the deal over the phone. My concern was the tires coming off of my car that I felt had a warranty claim for not holding up in the construction of the tire. When I called to ask of the outcome they kept pointing at mileage. I expressed was not the tread depth, which they could not would not tell me, but was of the coming apart of parts of the tire. A brand they carry and they could make a warranty claim. As a tire specialist of that brand I am aware of how it is supposed to go. The more I tried to get an answer of the condition of the tires, the more busy the person seemed to get and could not get a comfortable resolve or explaination. Secondly, when I checked the cold tire pressure, two of the tires were 5 pounds off of what they should be. This will cause wear and safety issues. I corrected that. Thirdly, the nice matching metal stem caps I had with my wheels were not replaced. Only cheap black caps. And lastly, one of the stick on balancing weights was stuck on top of a sticker/label inside the wheel. Not a cosmetic thing, but likely to come off because the surface was not prepped. Many details not being followed from a company that should hold better standards than say "Walmart". This and reading other reviews brought my trust way down. Will have to deal with Discount Tire since I bought tires from them, but will definitely have to check their work when rotating and balance of my tires. Not happy after premium high dollar purchase. "

This review was modified by cap10scot on August 01 2015 07:12:28 AM

2015-05-18

"I will never order tires any where else. I bought 4 tires on Thursday at 2 pm. It came with UPS Ground Free shipping and the tires were at my house on Friday afternoon. I bought tires that look good and are very quiet (Nankang brand) all four for less than $300 dollars. A steal! "

This review was modified by ashleighskw on May 18 2015 08:30:34 AM

2015-04-01

"Don't return tires! They will refund you at least $200 less the you paid for the tires and claim that the tires you retuned show tread loss. If my tires lost 1/32 tread in the mile to the shop the tire were sh#$t to begin with."

This review was modified by blankraz on April 01 2015 04:39:09 PM

2015-03-24

"I ordered 2 tires to be mounted on my chrome Roush rims, one was perfect but the other one had a bunch of scratches that cannot be buffed out, they offered to buy a new rim... very satisfied with the manager at this store they back up there work.... I really recommend Discount Tire to everyone

Share Discount Tire Direct's store rating

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!