Discount Tire Direct Reviews - discounttiredirect.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.67/10 35 reviews

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I was attending my aunt's funeral in Pueblo, Colorado, when I had a road hazard incident that irreparably damaged one of my tires. Shortly after I got this car, I took it to Discount Tire for balance and rotation. The car and tires were fairly new so the service person stated they could offer the road hazard warranty. This is the first time I have had to use one. The customer service I received was excellent. They didn't have the tire in stock but was trying to work it out so I could get back to New Mexico as soon as possible. They were about to get me in a different tire in the same size so that I could get back home, then take it to my local DT for a direct replacement. Turns out they found one in Colorado Springs and I was on my way about two and a half hours later with the exact same replacement. Their attitude was positive and very helpful. It was a good experience on an otherwise dreary day."

modified review This review was modified by Gravinaut on December 15 2013 12:56:15 PM

Rating 6/103/5

"I have purchased probably a few thousand dollars worth of tires over the last 3-4 years from Discount Tire Direct because of their unrivaled customer service. My recent experience was okay but not great. I got a great price on my tires, I received them in a timely fashion, but the actual conversations I had with the Discount Tire Direct representatives left much to desire. My first call was with Jordan on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 about a possible price match with sears.com. After some questions, though some questions implied I was lying about the pricing (he was on sears.com at the time too), he was able to beat the pricing by roughly $25-30 which I was very satisfied with. I then asked the question "Until what time is this price valid?", which is a perfectly acceptable question to ask because I was spending close to $800 for tires. He replied by saying "What is preventing you from purchasing right now?" then went on to say how all of his other customers have no issue buying at the moment. I brought it to his attention and he said that it wasn't meant to make me feel pressured. It was honestly a simple question that did not require a reasoning to a representative. I did not want to deal with Jordan when I ordered after that incident, so I contacted Mitch who I've purchased several sets of tires previously. He was kind and took care of the order without any questions. I called back a third time and spoke with Mitch with a question about price matching after a order was placed. I was looking for either a "Yes" or "No" answer and I would have been satisfied. Unfortunately, the response wasn't pleasant. He said "Is it really $23 we are talking about?". I knew it was a rather small amount but the response was not needed. After these experiences, I will have to think twice when I buy my tires from Discount Tire Direct because of the unpleasant responses I received from them. The tires arrived safely otherwise."

modified review This review was modified by staro0989 on December 07 2013 06:11:47 PM

"This is my second order from Discount Tire Direct. The first was through their eBay page and this most recent time was direct from their site. They have awesome prices but you can see that for yourself. They are quick to process orders and today I had a great experience with one of their customer service reps. They called me the other day to tell me that the tires I ordered were out of stock and they thought the tires would be on a delivery truck but they ended up not being there. DTD offered me a discount on a more expensive tire but it still was more than I was willing to pay. He then offered an equivalent tire in a different size (snow tires go out of stock and aren't usually restocked so in December the selection is much smaller), the tires were actually a bit cheaper too! I'm very satisfied and will buy from DTD again!"

modified review This review was modified by MarcAntaya on December 06 2013 07:00:13 AM

"Ordered a set of 4 Cooper Discoverer ATP's on September 2. I looked all over for a comparable set of 265/75 16's, and these seemed to get outstanding reviews for the price. I paid $132 per tire, and shipping was free. I also applied for a rebate in the form of a Visa Gift Card for $75.

When I came home from work on September 4, the tires were on my porch. Even though they stated the gift card could take 4-6 weeks for processing, it came yesterday, September 21.

I'm very happy with the tires so far, even though that's out of control of DTD. They look great on my Xterra and ride very well, and give excellent traction in the rain (I'm going to do some off-road testing next weekend). But, I am thrilled to be able to get the tires at a competitive price, shipped free in two days, and to get a substantial amount of money back to boot.

I'm very happy with my purchase and I will be doing business with them again.

modified review This review was modified by squashpup on September 22 2013 08:22:51 AM

"I stored some tires in my basement for my restoration car. I took my wheels to discount tire for the balancing and was told that they could not be balanced because the tire was too old!they could not verify the tire pressure. ("how stupid!" The tires where 6 years old and where as the day I bought them.") was also told that all other places would tell me the same thing... I grew up changing a balancing tires and never heard of this! no other tire store heard of this either!! I got my tires balanced elsewhere. they just wanted to be lazy or try to get me to buy more tire!!! showed me that they are incompetent!"

modified review This review was modified by johnny5live on July 10 2013 09:06:05 PM

"Never had problems with them till now. I recently purchase a set of tires for my car. They said it'll be a 3-4 day delay. I waited close to about 10days but no status update. They still haven't shipped out my order. I've contacted them, and they provided me with a tracking number for my tires that haven't been shipped yet. Contacted UPS regarding the tracking number, and was advised that there is absolutely no record of the packages in their warehouse other than a label was create."

modified review This review was modified by folk415 on April 10 2013 05:00:46 PM

"I would go to Discount Tire in Houston at 16004 I-45 N
at a heart beat.
This is run by the marvelous manager John R Ellet. The company is sucessful all becuase of these kind of guys.
THE GREATEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE!!!

"It's Saturday morning. Thursday, about 4:30 p.m., I ordered a set of light truck tires for my wife's Expedition. They arrived Friday at 1 p.m.! Had them mounted and balanced at a WM and they were back in the driveway by 4. DTD has consistently performed at a level seldom seen by me these days over my four years of purchasing wheels and tires from them. The sales force is knowledgeable and can make solid suggestions if you give them sufficient information as to your needs."

" I don't do a lot of ordering online but when I do, I have had good service with timely delivery even if the seller says 7 to 10 days. Discount tire direct tops the list. I called the company on Friday late afternoon to ask if the tires I wanted were in stock and was told they were. I placed the order of for 4 tires with Randy and he said I should get them in two to three daysvia UPS. About an hour later I received an E-mail stating my tires were packed and ready to go and was given the UPS tracking no. That evening I went to check on the tracking no. and found that the tires had been picked up and was scheduled for Tuesday del. but was moved up to Monday early del. Today is Monday, Igot the tires, Called my closest Direct Discount installer,went there and had the tires installed by 11:30 AM. Now that's what I call great service. OH Ya the tires are great. "

modified review This review was modified by Rich P>P> on December 17 2012 01:27:35 PM

"I had been order my tires from them over 5 to 6 yrs. Great deal, fast shipping, and the most important is they have a super customer service that can competitive with Apple's one. human error might happen, or something might went wrong, but they will solve it asap. Just call them, they will help you. I never worry anything for ordering from them. They come in free shipping and price match service. They have many tires to choose from, but not all. But you can sure to get the best deal with their offering tires. Always has rebate and discount =)"

"I had no problems with Discount Tire Direct. I wasn't sure about some of the technical issues, so I used their chat. I got honest and accurate answers. I placed my order by phone, and the rep emailed me a copy of the order listing all the items. I received my order in good condition in just a few days. In fact, as soon as the wheels came in stock, UPS was dropping them off in my driveway about a day later. I chose DTD because they had the wheels that I wanted and a fantastic price. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a great deal and fantastic service."

modified review This review was modified by DAWG38DD on October 18 2012 12:07:37 AM

"I called and made an appointment on a Thursday with NTB in Allen to look at my RV tires for warranty reasons. Since my appointment was late in the day, I assumed (correctly) that they would not be able to get hold of Michelin. Therefore, I would have to bring my RV back to get the tires replaced, but at least they got the information they needed to contact Michelin. The manager, Brad, was supposed to call me back Friday. Since he hadn t called, I called back on Saturday and spoke with him. He had not contacted Michelin yet. He called me back later. We set up an appointment for the following Wednesday. I asked him to check stock. He didn t have enough in stock, but said he would have some by my appointment. I called back on Tuesday to verify that he had the tires. Brad said that he would check and call me back. He didn t. I called Wednesday before taking my RV to NTB (takes about $20 in gas for a round trip to the storage place, NTB and back home). Brad doesn t work on Wednesday. The manager on duty, Chris, had no record of any appointment. He also didn t have enough tires. The best he could do was to get some tires in by Friday. Since the work had to be done between 9am and 4:30pm during the week (only time that Michelin could authorize the work), I had taken the day off of work to do this. Needless to say, I was furious. I called Discount Tire in Mckinney, and spoke with Barry, the manager. I explained what had happened and he jumped into high gear. They didn t have enough tires in stock, so he got my information and said he would call me back as soon as he could find some. Thirty minutes later, he had found some and was having them shipped to his store ASAP. By the time I got there forty minutes later, the tires were there and they were ready for me. Discount Tire, specifically Barry, went above and beyond what anyone could expect. I have three cars plus and RV and all of them will be using Discount Tire in McKinney (the Eldorado location) for their next set of tires."

"They sent me 11 month old tires. The old manufactured tires decrease the life of tires significantly. What a dishonest company!!! "

"Amazing service! Ordered 4 Michelin Energy Savers for my Rav 4, price was $130 each with a $70 rebate from Michelin. Free shipping too! Ordered Tuesday night, arrived Friday morning. Am recommending them to anyone who will listen. Really happy. "

"I have to say that I am extremely happy with this merchant. I cracked a rim on my Expedition and have been driving around on the spare for months trying to located a replacement. The Ford dealerships wanted $535 for a single steel rim!

I finally gave up and decided to just buy a completely new set of rims. I looked at a number of both online and local retail sources when I came upon Discount Tire Direct. They had a rim I liked at reasonable prices.

After picking out the rim I decided to call the company to verify that the rims would both fit my truck and that my current tires (relatively new) would fit on these rims.

Once all was verified, the gent I spoke with dropped the price another $50 so the bottom line was a I got all four alloy rims, caps and chrome valve stems and the lug-nut set with key, shipped for $456!

To top things off, I was expecting processing and shipping to take a week or so but I ordered the things on a Tuesday and had them in hand by 1:00 Thursday!

I have since taken them to my local Firestone and had the tires remounted. Everything fit perfectly. No issues with rims and the things look terrific.

All in all, you can't have a better online ordering experience than that!