Stores > Discount Tire Direct

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"Discount tire should change their name to overpriced tire and overaggressive salesperson tire.
They used to have good prices and now they don't. I went in to purchase a new tire and the salesperson pressured me for 15 minutes to purchase 2 or 4 tires (offering he said a buyone getone) Their prices are significantly higrhr than PEP boys and others

This review was modified by poopsnicker on November 24 2015 02:28:57 PM

"I've dealt with DTD via eBay for 14 years now. Over the past year or so things have gone downhill unfortunately. Customer Service...yikes, they want to argue with me when I point out a mistake in their listings or, as one rep did, act the fool by purportedly not "understanding" my question. Never seem to answer questions like "what is the DOT date" on their take off items.."we are too big to know that ".
Another new trick is their jacking up the usual price of a new tire from their usual so they can offer limited time time discounts..ex. Kumho AST 235/40-18 usually $86/each is now $99/each during their "sale" with $100 off for 4...now really a $48 off each for sale. Check out other Review sites...only in the last year or so their ratings show more unhappy customers. Like myself in the past, I was always happy with them, not as much now.

Used to be the best deals in town, no longer the case...sad.

"This business is amazing. EVERY employee I have talked to has treated me so well and handled every situation. I couldn't dream of a better buying experience. NOT TO MENTION THE AMAZING PRICES OF EVERYTHING AND THE REBATES! :)"

This review was modified by Danielleagrimm on September 14 2015 08:52:05 AM

"Have ordered four tires from them twice and, both times, found them to have least expensive tires for brand wanted and 2-day FREE delivery. Asked for Michelin tires to be "fresh dated" in the comment section of my order and received four tires manufactured two weeks ago!! Haven't had to deal with them regarding any returns so I can't comment on that but, otherwise, extremely pleased!"

This review was modified by Espressonut on August 20 2015 01:36:44 PM

"I will NEVER order from this company again. I tried to order two tires that I am 100% positive will support the weight of my car. I have experienced family that has worked on foreign cars for 20+ years that also run the same tires that I ordered that were on a much heavier 5 series than my 3 series BMW. They explained that these tires will only fit on the front, but not the rear. They obviously don't know that the car is heavier in the front, where the engine is. They are uneducated. They do not have you're best interest in mind. They would not allow me to buy these tires simply because the weight cannot be supported, according to them. I do not need to give them ANY information about my vehicle. But, they require it. I should have just put a vehicle that matched a lighter vehicle. My advice, make up a vehicle if you are looking for aftermarket tires simply for the fact that they will not sell them to you. They wasted my time with symantics while "explaining" they didn't want me to have a blow out. All I wanted was a yes or no. Simply put, they do not have experieiced personnel. They will argue with you first, and then not sell you the desired tires. Again, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I don't want a lecture from a company that I am simply a customer at. "

This review was modified by Anonymous12435 on August 10 2015 05:11:14 PM

"So to start, I was givin a fair deal, however, trust blows this rating to a 1. I sent my wife in after settling up the deal over the phone. My concern was the tires coming off of my car that I felt had a warranty claim for not holding up in the construction of the tire. When I called to ask of the outcome they kept pointing at mileage. I expressed was not the tread depth, which they could not would not tell me, but was of the coming apart of parts of the tire. A brand they carry and they could make a warranty claim. As a tire specialist of that brand I am aware of how it is supposed to go. The more I tried to get an answer of the condition of the tires, the more busy the person seemed to get and could not get a comfortable resolve or explaination. Secondly, when I checked the cold tire pressure, two of the tires were 5 pounds off of what they should be. This will cause wear and safety issues. I corrected that. Thirdly, the nice matching metal stem caps I had with my wheels were not replaced. Only cheap black caps. And lastly, one of the stick on balancing weights was stuck on top of a sticker/label inside the wheel. Not a cosmetic thing, but likely to come off because the surface was not prepped. Many details not being followed from a company that should hold better standards than say "Walmart". This and reading other reviews brought my trust way down. Will have to deal with Discount Tire since I bought tires from them, but will definitely have to check their work when rotating and balance of my tires. Not happy after premium high dollar purchase. "

This review was modified by cap10scot on August 01 2015 07:12:28 AM

"I will never order tires any where else. I bought 4 tires on Thursday at 2 pm. It came with UPS Ground Free shipping and the tires were at my house on Friday afternoon. I bought tires that look good and are very quiet (Nankang brand) all four for less than $300 dollars. A steal! "

This review was modified by ashleighskw on May 18 2015 08:30:34 AM

"Don't return tires! They will refund you at least $200 less the you paid for the tires and claim that the tires you retuned show tread loss. If my tires lost 1/32 tread in the mile to the shop the tire were sh#$t to begin with."

This review was modified by blankraz on April 01 2015 04:39:09 PM

"I ordered 2 tires to be mounted on my chrome Roush rims, one was perfect but the other one had a bunch of scratches that cannot be buffed out, they offered to buy a new rim... very satisfied with the manager at this store they back up there work.... I really recommend Discount Tire to everyone

"Had to call because order was on hold, then were told they wouldn't sell the tire because of the car they were being put on. Modified car with new wheels, much research was done before ordering , but hey whatever. Writing a review apparently makes no difference to them because I know see all the negative reviews. I just wish I would have researched this company like I did the tires. Oh well. "

This review was modified by cornwell on February 02 2015 01:37:07 PM

"My Wife's older SUV needed tires, I first tried a different site, online tire that said lowest prices period, I ordered them and 4 days later got a message, not in stock, order next size smaller, again not in stock, order a tire $5 high but in cart it jumped $20, gave up on em. In searching found Discount tire direct good price and free shipping. In fact they were cheaper than the lowest price period site. Thought, oh no, another bate and switch company but put in the order and it went through with out a problem. I quickly received a tracking number and shipping information and the the tires arrived quickly. They were better than the online tire site offered and $10 cheaper. I think this company is for real and I will buy my tires here from no on"

"I purchased a set of Michelin tires from Discount Tire Direct about 4 years ago, with no problems. I was looking for a set of 4 snows last week. Their price for the Hankook tires I was looking for was about 30% lower than other sellers, with free shipping. Too good to be true? I was a little hesitant to buy from them again because of some of the negative reviews posted here at resellerratings.com. I decided to take a chance, and made the purchase this past Thursday, figuring that I had protection from Visa in case there was a problem. I received a very prompt confirmation email on the purchase, but then a couple hours received an email advising that the tires were not in stock at their regular nearest distributor, but that, to avoid delays, they were having the tires shipped directly from the manufacturer's main distributor. Hmm -- was this an orange flag? However, the tires arrived by UPS yesterday -- quicker than I'd expected, just two business days after I placed the order -- in perfect condition. So, I cannot discount other people's negative experiences, but I can say that mine have been very positive so far. "

This review was modified by green mountain lawyer on December 16 2014 10:30:27 AM

"I tried to contact them after receiving notice that my order would be delayed.... I needed an actual estimate of delivery date because I needed the tires now, hence why I ordered them. I gave up after 3 different calls and being on hold for 55 minutes, 32 minutes and 15 minutes.

In all that time not once was I able to speak to a human. I was annoyed buy a repeating recording advertisement for how great they are.
I find it rather hypocritical that the recording mentions that the lowest price isn't what always matters, its the customer service.... Well maybe you should take notes from your recording because this is unacceptable.

I will be canceling the charge with my bank and reporting them to the BBB. This is the worst experience I have ever had purchasing online. I will never recommend this company to anyone!

This review was modified by bcbsinica on December 02 2014 04:24:20 PM

"Bought two sets of tires at two different times.
Both order went through 100%, no problems at all.
Shipping was quick and free.
Pricing was the best I could find.

This was one of the best online companies I have ever worked with.

Note: Let them know in the comments that you have already verified that the tires will fit your car, if they are different from
the factory specifications.

"Be careful with this company............................ They will charge you for everything. Do not trust them. And be sure you review the bill from them. Because they will not tell you.
Is discount tire good a good value???????? (review is from buying tires from a discount tire store)

Share Discount Tire Direct's store rating

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!