Discount Jungle Reviews - discountjungle.net Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.67/10 33 reviews

Discount Jungle is not a merchant member
Discount Jungle does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I just bought a Yamaha stereo receiver from Amazon using DiscountsJungle as the supplier. Upon opening the shipping box I felt things didn't seem right. The stereo remote, cables, etc were casually thrown in an oversize ziploc bag. Even worse, the stereo instructions were photocopied. Taking the receiver out of the box, I half-jokingly wondered if the serial number on the back of the stereo was going to be scratched off. My mouth dropped when I looked at the back of the receiver and it was ACTUALLY SCRATCHED OFF!! Is this stolen?? I called Amazon immediately to vent my frustration and they are contacting the seller to try and get all this resolved.

2 lessons I learned:

1) Never buy anything from DiscountsJungle. If you google their reviews, they are terrible. They are constantly sending out junk and labeling it as NEW.

2) Amazon prides itself on customer service and quality of product. However, they either have no quality control systems in place to prevent this from happening or worse, they know and don't care. Either way, they have lost my trust.

modified review This review was modified by Laylah on December 07 2013 07:22:48 PM

"BUYER BEWARE! This business uses 3 names, and for good reason. Sent a defective product without legitimate packaging and I was charged a "restocking" fee as well a the original ship costs upon return. Imagine that, they restocked a defective item, and no doubt will send it out to the next trusting customer. This is indeed a creative new business, knowingly send out crap and just rake in the restocking fees. Stay away from these crooks, and if you've been burned already, file a BBB complaint with the L.A. area BBB, as I plan to do. Here's the BBB listing showing all three names: http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/business-reviews/internet-shopping/discounts-online-in-los-angeles-ca-13165115"

modified review This review was modified by Unhappywithcrooks on August 21 2013 05:07:43 AM

"I bought a KCPI digital tv converter box through Amazon, the vendor was Discount Jungle. After two days it stopped working. I thought it was the remote, but after changing batteries several times, I called the manufacturer as their number was at the back of the manual. The manufacturer asked me where I bought the box and I said Amazon. I was told that KCPI does NOT distribute it's products through any online retailers. KCPI showed me how to troubleshoot the remote with my digital camera, and then told me that the sensor was most likely bad. KCPI told me that as they do not sell to online distributers the unit was most likely used or refurbished. That is when I realized that DiscountJungle was the actual vendor retailer and I called them. I spoke with Sam. Sam adamantly denied that they sell used or refurbished units. He advised me that the product is new and purchased not from the manufacturer but from a vendor in Los Angeles that he refused to identify. After much unpleasant discussion, Sam agreed to take the unit back and send me a new "new" unit, which I received last week. This unit also worked for just a few days and then the sensor went out so that I could not turn the unit off, change stations, adjust volume...ie anything requiring the use of the remote (the unit does not have manual buttons). I just got off the phone with Sam where he again accused me of being mistaken, but did say, rudely, he would take the unit back, that he would issue a RMA # within i/2 an hour. It has not come, and no mention was made of who would be responsible for shipping costs. These guys appear crooked; their business practices seem vague and dishonest. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT FROM THEM. It will probably one that some other sucker has sent back, and paid a re-stocking fee for the "privilege" of getting rid of defective merchandize."

"DISCOUNT JUNGLE IS A JOKE !!!! NEBER EVER ORDER FROM THEM . THEY ARE RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! I ORDERED 2 ELCHIM BLOWDRYERS ANSD BOTH WERE BROKEN. THEY RETURNES AND GAVE ME A NEW ONE , AND THEN TO COME FIND OUT.... THE SECOND ONE WAS ALSO BROKEN. THRY TOLD ME I WAS A LIAR< REALLY?!? IM VERY BUSY AND DID NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS. NOW IM LEFT WITH A BROKEN BLOWDRYER AND DISCOUNT JUNGLE TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY!!!! THEY ARE RUDE AND JUST WANT UR MONEY!!! THEY WILL SEND U BROKEN PRODUCTS AND BLAME U SO IT SAVES THEM COST!!!! SAVE UR MONEY AND NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!"

"We ordered a Remington Razor advertised as NEW. Amazon's vendor DiscountJungle.com sent a Factory Serviced unit. This is illegal in Ohio. Discount Jungle Reviews on Google show many complaints where NEW merchandise advertised but Refurbished shipped. Amazon would not respond as to why Amazon allowed this to continue without stopping this for all of their customers, though they refunded me.

If this happens to you, please contact the Attorney General's Office for the State of Washington where Amazon is located, or contact me. Amazon is a good company, but with a weak tolerance for correcting bait and switch patterns that are brought to their attention. So let's help change this for Amazon and keep the internet fair and honest.

Joe Bush
joebush@roadrunner.com

"Bought a Kenwood Amplifier from them back in May. I Recently started having some trouble with the unit (2 of the outputs stopped working). first I contacted the manufacturer to get it replaced but they wouldn't honor their own warranty, so I decided to call Discounts Jungle and give them a try. Despite the fact that the order was now almost 5 months old, the representative got permission from the Manager to make an exception in this case and I am now in the process of replacing the Amp.

I have to say I was impressed by the fact that Discounts Jungle was willing to help me given the fact that their return period had already passed.

I will definitely do business with them again and its nice to find a company who knows the value of good customer service.

"Do business with this company at your own risk. I placed an order with them through Amazon. Afterward, I went back and read more reviews of the product I'd ordered. After seeing an alarming number of terrible reviews, I decided to cancel my order. When I called DiscountJungle to make sure they didn't charge my credit card, the man I spoke with was very abrupt and borderline sarcastic and rude with me. The order was cancelled. A week later, while posting another comment about another seller on Amazon (which turned out to be a very positive experience), I decided to comment on my experience with the guy at DiscountJungle. Yesterday (09/05/12) he called me and demanded I take down my comment. I told him I wouldn't do that. And then he called me a "cocksucker". I couldn't believe it, and proceeded to file a verbal-abuse complaint about him through Amazon. Amazon has been very helpful, but this kind of behavior can have very dire consequences for a vendor. I strongly advise you to never do business with this vendor."

"jL Audio RBC 1 Remote Bass Control kill my Amp and they will not replace my amp dnt buy nothing from discountsjungle!!!!! they say they will call youback and they DON'T!!! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!!! SO PLZ BEWARE!!""

"I ordered a "New" Yamaha RX-V371BL 5.1-Channel AV Receiver from Discounts Jungle and have experienced some problems. First I noticed the remote looked used and didn't work, I figured it might have been defective so I took it upon myself to send it to Yamaha ($10 for shipping) and they quickly sent me a replacement that did work. Now it has been almost 50 days of me owning the product and I just got a subwoofer. When I went to plug the subwoofer into the subwoofer input on the back of the receiver I noticed that the RCA input had a broken pin from a RCA cable stuck inside. I have never used the subwoofer input so I know that this "new" receiver I bought has been used. It is well past the 30 day replacement period and now I have a previously used receiver and now I cant use my subwoofer because the previous owners broke a RCA pin inside the input. After emailing the company they requested that I call them so I did. After my first call they said they would replace the product if I paid both shipping to and from there location. This shipping would cost me almost $80 and I refused so they told me they would call me back. 24 hours later and no response so I called them; now they agreed to pay shipping to me but I would still need to pay shipping to them. I refused because I believe that when a company makes a mistake the customer should not be penalized for there error. The customer service was slow, rude, and not helpful. "

"Discount jungle is a rip off, I placed an order for a (NEW) Lasonic Boom Box on Dec 14, 2011 as a Christmas gift for my fiance, but received a clearly used and broken boombox. The Lasonic Boombox had scratches all over it and the whole right side speakers did not work. I had to pay $40.00 to ship it back to Discount Jungle. Thank god when I shipped it back I required a signature when it was received by Discount Jungle because when I called to see if Discount Jungle received the returned item the customer service rep told me that she couldn't find anything in the system that showed they received it, until I told her the Fed-Ex website showed someone named Sam received and signed for the returned item, she then miraculously found it in the system and said that the they would send me a new Lasonic Boombox immediately. After a couple of weeks of waiting I tracked the replacement Lasonic boombox through fed-ex that Discount jungle sent, to see it was delivered when I got home nothing was there, I contacted fed-ex for 2 weeks they couldn't find the package and advised me to contact Discount Jungle to get a replacement or have my card credited back the money. I spoke with Sam at Discount Jungle who informed me he would be happy to refund me my money back and that I would see the credit in my account that Friday I checked my account that Friday there was no pending credit from Discount Jungle so I called Sam back he apologized and stated that person in charge of refunds and finance was sick with a serious illness and was not able to credit my account that week, but he would be happy to do it for me and that I would see the credit in my account the following Friday. Well Friday came again still no credit in my account, I called Discount Jungle that following Monday spoke to a customer service rep who left me on hold for so long that I hung up, I called back she left me on hold for an additional 10 minutes, to only tell me that Sam wasn't in and to call back the next day. I called back the next and spoke with Sam about my credit once again in which he told me he sent a notice to Amazon to refund me my money last week and that I should see a credit in my Amazon account and that if my account wasn't credited today he would call Amazon himself. I signed on to my Amazon account to see absolutely nothing so I decided to call Amazon and see if Sam from Discount Jungle did send a notice to Amazon for my refund. I spoke to a rep at Amazon who stated she didn't see anything in my account that Discount Jungle sent them a notice for my refund and that Amazon would take care of the problem for me and suggested I didn't call discount Jungle about this situation anymore. "

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!! I placed an order for a subwoofer, after 3 weeks the item did not ship and I finally contacted DiscoutJungle through amazon demanding to know where my purchase was and why it had not been shipped, their response was that the item was not in stock and they would get back to me as soon as they had the item. If i didn't email them i probably wouldn't have heard a word from them. Bad Business. From the other reviews I have read, bad customer service and this doesn't surprise me, spend a few extra dollars and get your item from a reputable company."

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. Seller has a reputation of sending out defective products then charges a 25% restocking fee when you need to return the item. A thorough review of all this seller's feedback on Amazon, RipoffReport.com, Los Angeles Better Business Bureau (which shows 18 complaints with an 'F' rating) just to name a few, will show that he repeatedly claims failure to return parts so he does not have to pay refunds to the buyers, and his track record and past practice shows he uses this as a basis for denial. Sam told me that he would refund the $20 restocking fee ONLY if I would remove my negative review from the Amazon site. This is extortion at the lowest level and he is now furious I would not comply. To date, I have filed consumer complaints with the Calif AG office, LA BBB, and Amazon. Even seller feedback as recent as 10/14/11 on Amazon confirms how this seller operates, but he is still permitted to sell thru the Amazon storefront after many complaints have been received about this seller and their customer service rep Sam. "

"Do NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!! The hair dryer shipped to me was used and broke after 1 week of use!! I tried to return the hair dryer and SAM the customer service manager refused to give my a refund and mailed the broken hair dryer back to me!! Sam was the rudest and absolute worst "customer service" associate I have ever had to deal with!! SAM and DiscountJungle are crooks and thieves!!!"

"This company has SUCH poor and sleazy customer service, it is almost unbelievable and they owe us a lot of money which is why we now have the headache of taking them to court. When they refused to refund an item (CAR DVD player) that we refused delivery on and sent back unopened because it was 5 days LATE and we had to order a second one from another seller, their bizarre response was that they had accidentally sent us 2 and they could prove it so they were not going to refund us anything. They told me the two packages had the same tracking number and when we went to the FEDEX website together over the phone ( A guy named Sam) he could not substantiate this strange story that Discount Jungle would not refund any money on something we sent back because they "by accident" sent us two packages. He said "The company is sticking by this story" and hung up on me."

"Beware of Discount Jungle. They sent me a defective video to dvd converter and they expect me to pay the shipping plus a 10 percent restocking fee. I placed the order on Amazon and I would not have ordered it if I knew it was with discount jungle. I must have been in a rush that day. Discount Jungle has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau and negative reviews allover the internet. I wish I was aware of this before I went through the hassle of trying to get my money back from them. I have an A to Z claim with Amazon which I hope is settled soon."