"Sadly, Discount Mountain Software appears to have folded its tent and is ignoring long-time customers.

I purchased and downloaded software mid-2014 that was priced for a multi-user license. I installed and activated the software on 1 computer, and was told by customer service that it would activate on the additional machines without problems. Bottom line: it doesn't work.

Emails and phone messages have not been responded to for the past month, and their web site is no longer taking orders. Based on other customer reviews, it appears the company has been supplying a combination of licensed and pirated software for some time, and that they've now shut down all business operations.

The lack of clear communication or any response at all points to a complete loss of credibility. I recommend that all buyers look elsewhere - there are plenty of similarly-priced vendors.

"Do not believe any good reviews, or at least they are old and the company has decided to fold and took what they can on the way down. They're windows license was no good, we have reported them to the bank for fraud and Google (which pointed me to this reseller) has now removed them from any shopping sites.

Complete Fraud, look elsewhere.

"ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I bought a downloadable version of Windows 7 64-bit for my tower computer. Not only was the product key supplied by Discount Mountain Software invalid, they won't return my calls or emails despite having left multiple messages. It would be ideal to help me out and discover why my product key is invalid, but that's not the case. I'M OUT $67 because THEY SCAMMED ME. they WILL sell you a software product, provide a key that provides a "trail period" and then avoid any contact with you. Why? Because they DONT PROVIDE REAL PRODUCT. I have already contacted authorities and complained about this company. It won't be around much longer if this is the way they treat their customers."

"awesome customer service. i needed help, and they were terrific with their technical service and advice. Their pricing was the best...but the reason to buy is their service."

"NO SUPPORT FOR DOWNLOADS Microsoft says are "pirated" from this company!!! Beware. My husband purchased a download for two computers. It worked on the first download, but the second one cannot be "activated/validated" with the key given. No response to multiple phone calls and emails. THIS COMPANY IS EITHER OUT OF BUSINESS OR SHUT DOWN - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM AT THIS TIME. The website is not processing orders. Calls and emails are unanswered. Products are not delivered, downloads are not supported. I'm at a loss for what to do next. We can't even pursue a refund since the company won't respond to us. "

"Great pre sales support. Thank you!"

"Ordering was easy and the product was easy to download "

"Was promised a link would be sent for the download within 30 minutes. No link sent as of today (was on December 10th). Emailed them many times but no answer. Order cancelled with still no response. I raised a claim/dispute to PayPal and the Denver/Boulder Better Business Bureau. I will never do business with DiscountMountainSoftware again. I recommend nobody else does either."

"Discount Mountain Software is a SCAM!!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!
Their products DO NOT WORK!!! I told them immediately that the product did not work (a download) and they informed me I needed a new version of windows and promised a refund in 3 business days. That was 19 days ago! I have made over 10 attempts via email and phone to get a hold of this company and have not had any luck. Their website has standard business hours but when you call the voice mail says it is after business hours. I have left several messages on the phone system in which NO ONE has called me back. I sent out several emails in regards to the promise of my refund and NO ONE has returned them.
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Excellent service. Called to ask a few questions and all queries addressed professionally. Received order confirmation and download link and activation key within an hour of confirmation. Downloaded 64-bit Win 7 Full Pro version in less than an hour. Very fast server. Installed and activated key online without any problems."

"No issues pretty straight forward download. Remember to make iso backups stored on separate dependable drive or raid1 array."

"Place order and did not receive product. No response from emails or phone calls. Suspect they are out of business but still taking money. Scam do not order."

"I really don't have anything to say. It was a quick instillation process."

"Placed order on the 10th, got confirmation of the order, then nothing. Checked website they suddenly aren't processing orders, and all the contact info goes to a voicemail. Sent Support email, got canned response. Then Nothing. Sent email canceling order, and verified there was no charge, not sure what happened but whatever it was not good customer service."

"Placed an order fro Microsoft Office 2013 Home and Student never received my email with my license code. Can never get anyone on the phone, emails I sent have been unanswered and my credit card has been charged for the software. Avoid this seller at all cost."

DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain is a Merchant Member! Learn more

DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain is a merchant member
DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,896 merchant members.