• DiscountMountai

Product & services pricing Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Software was as advertised; no problems"

"Promptly filled my order and when I had problems they were extremely helpful and responsive in taking care of them."

"Just recently my "Office 2010 Home & Student" has become invalid, as seems to be the case of many other customers of other software packages of this website. My purchase was carried out in Nov 2014 and has worked perfectly fine until now.

I have called their phone number multiple times and left multiple messages but it seems as if the system is either broken or no one is checking. I am now unable to get a new license key for my Office suite.

Most likely this site is dead and the owner/operator has been selling us invalid keys the whole time. Scam alert.

"SHIT!!! I have been using Discount Mountain Software for 4 years to purchase all of my keys for my office. We are talking about thousands of dollars of software. They have all worked perfectly. I even ordered a few with disks, bu becuase the company seemed so legit, I just started buying the download only versions. I trusted them and it looks like we were all screwed. "

"I purchased Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SPI (OEM) 64-bit Download Only. They gave me an activation code and all like I expected. After a few months I got a message stating that my "TRIAL" had expired and I needed to register windows. I again entered the activation code that Discount Mountain gave me, and it was rejected, with the message that I most likely had a pirated version of Windows. I tried to call Discount Mountain several times, with no avail. "

"I purchased a MS Office software package from Discount Mountain in 2010. The order when through and the product worked fine. No complaints. Unfortunately, I recently had a virus on my computer and had to reset the computer to factory settings to get rid of it completely. I was able to restore my documents and although the MS Office software reloaded ok, it wanted me to reenter the product purchase code to reactivate the software. I have the original invoice but not the purchase code. I would think a company like Discount Mountain would still have the purchase code in their files and requested assistance. I would have even been satisfied with a response like, "we no longer have those records", but what I got was NO response at all. Very disappointed with their total lack of customer service."

"SHUT DOWN - CLOSED - MATT LOCKWOOD IS A THIEF. NONE OF HIS LICENSE KEYS ARE WORKING ANYMORE AND HE IS EITHER IN MEXICO OR IN JAIL. According to another place he used to work, he was shutdown. He has been sued by Microsoft and Adobe and probably many more.

Found this guy on Linkedin, and guess what, I emailed him and he blocked me.

"Sadly, Discount Mountain Software appears to have folded its tent and is ignoring long-time customers.

I purchased and downloaded software mid-2014 that was priced for a multi-user license. I installed and activated the software on 1 computer, and was told by customer service that it would activate on the additional machines without problems. Bottom line: it doesn't work.

Emails and phone messages have not been responded to for the past month, and their web site is no longer taking orders. Based on other customer reviews, it appears the company has been supplying a combination of licensed and pirated software for some time, and that they've now shut down all business operations.

The lack of clear communication or any response at all points to a complete loss of credibility. I recommend that all buyers look elsewhere - there are plenty of similarly-priced vendors.

"Do not believe any good reviews, or at least they are old and the company has decided to fold and took what they can on the way down. They're windows license was no good, we have reported them to the bank for fraud and Google (which pointed me to this reseller) has now removed them from any shopping sites.

Complete Fraud, look elsewhere.

"ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I bought a downloadable version of Windows 7 64-bit for my tower computer. Not only was the product key supplied by Discount Mountain Software invalid, they won't return my calls or emails despite having left multiple messages. It would be ideal to help me out and discover why my product key is invalid, but that's not the case. I'M OUT $67 because THEY SCAMMED ME. they WILL sell you a software product, provide a key that provides a "trail period" and then avoid any contact with you. Why? Because they DONT PROVIDE REAL PRODUCT. I have already contacted authorities and complained about this company. It won't be around much longer if this is the way they treat their customers."

"awesome customer service. i needed help, and they were terrific with their technical service and advice. Their pricing was the best...but the reason to buy is their service."

"NO SUPPORT FOR DOWNLOADS Microsoft says are "pirated" from this company!!! Beware. My husband purchased a download for two computers. It worked on the first download, but the second one cannot be "activated/validated" with the key given. No response to multiple phone calls and emails. THIS COMPANY IS EITHER OUT OF BUSINESS OR SHUT DOWN - DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM AT THIS TIME. The website is not processing orders. Calls and emails are unanswered. Products are not delivered, downloads are not supported. I'm at a loss for what to do next. We can't even pursue a refund since the company won't respond to us. "

"Great pre sales support. Thank you!"

"Ordering was easy and the product was easy to download "

"Was promised a link would be sent for the download within 30 minutes. No link sent as of today (was on December 10th). Emailed them many times but no answer. Order cancelled with still no response. I raised a claim/dispute to PayPal and the Denver/Boulder Better Business Bureau. I will never do business with DiscountMountainSoftware again. I recommend nobody else does either."

Share DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain's store rating

DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain is a Merchant Member! Learn more

DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain is a merchant member
DiscountMountainSoftware / Discount Mountain participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,853 merchant members.