"They did great. Placed the order and received it three days later. Works good and I hope to send them business in the future/"

ETG

"I have dealt with this company for at least 15 years. All was well until recently. I ordered 2 new 80G Maxtor drives from them via their web site. When they arrived, they were marked "Refurbished" and had scratches indicating they had been mounted. I e-mailed them for an RMA and to request my money back. They called me on the phone and offered to replace the drives with new ones. That seemed reasonable to me, and I took the RMA number and sent the rejected ones back, at their request, by the cheapest way possible (Parcel Post). The box had my return address in two places on it. Of course, DCD now claims 3 months later, that they never got the returned drives and the PO doesn't track "cheapest way possible" parcels. I have been well and truly screwed and will NEVER deal with this collection of scammers again. Ya, I know, I should have UPS'ed it so they couldn't wriggle out of it, but I actually trusted this place.

No More......

"This company is horrible. One of the worst on-line experiences that I have had. I will never do business with them again.

I ordered a HighPoint RocketRAID 1520 2-Channel SATA card for $99. The description on the web said that is included 2 RocketHead100 converters that would allow this card to work with an ATA100 drive (http://www.dirtcheapdrives.com/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={27BBE8B9-A255-49AD-8693-ADC914A0B127}&ic=1520&Tp=).

When I received the package, it didn't have any converters. I called them and they said "sorry, the supplier changed it on us" and you are outta luck.

They offered to take a return but I would either have to wait at home for the shipper to come by or take time out of my schedule to go to a shipper and use their account number. Sorry, but I don't think that I should be inconvenienced because they made a mistake.

I told the customer service rep that I was disappointed in the way that they were handling the situation and that I was getting screwed, he responded by yelling at me and saying things like "if you want to get tough, I will get tough too" and "I will point out that the fine print says that they aren't responsible for the mistakes on the web site".

I would highly recommend against doing business with this company.

"Ordered a Promise SX4000 RAID from Dirt Cheap Drives. The first hint of trouble, which I was too stupid to recognize, was when I got a call from the fraud prevention division of my credit card company about this order. I've dealt with these guys for years (but not within the last year or so) so I authorized them to process it. (When did Dirt Cheap Drives get bought by MegaHaus? And just who the heck is MegaHaus?) Dirt then charged my card twice for the same order. Ordered it with Fed-Ex express shipping. I was expecting a package today. Nothing, so I checked the website order status to get a tracking number, and found it hadn't been shipped at all. Talked to Michael in customer service: backordered. Were they planning to tell me about that? Apparently not. Guess it was fine with them to backorder it, and at some unknown date in the future, Fed-Ex it to me to satisfy my urgent need to get the server up and running again.

Is this how business works these days? It used to be "don't charge till it ships", apparently at Dirt Cheap Drives/MegaHause it's now "charge twice, ship whenever". A variation on the carpenter's rule "measure twice, cut once"?

Anyway, lets see if DirtHaus will actually cancel the order. PC Mall is drop shipping me a controller, so the server here should be back in the land of the living soon.

"This company offered an Adaptec 29160 (a PC SCSI controller card) on its web page for $128.99. I ordered it, but what I received was an Adaptec Power Domain 29160 (a card for a Power Mac, not a PC). No mention of Mac was made on the website, my order acknowledgment (printed from the web page), or my invoice. The company did not honor its offer, which I accepted. Instead, when I complained about the nonconforming product, I was told that I could get the regular 29160 only by paying extra. I returned the Power Domain 29160 and am waiting for a credit of the full amount of the charge. I will never buy from this company again and caution others against buying from them."

"I got exactly what I wanted for a great price and it shipped quickly. Shop with them if you want a good cheap drive. Oh, and the packaging was great, I probably could have kicked around my DVD drive in the box and nothing would have happened to it."

"I've ordered a number of times from this company, and everytime I've been satisfied. Shipping is prompt, packaging is second to none, and they even notify you when something's back ordered! All in all a great place to pick up a cheap drive."

"Be advised that these guys are not good at giving RMA numbers via e-mail. I tried for 3 days with no luck. I know they read the RMA request because the "read" return came back. I finally had to call to get the RMA number for a 256 Meg SDRAM that was DOA."

"Smooth transaction. These guys came through for me in a crunch time situation. I needed six new hard drives for a critical RAID application. Not only did they have them in stock, they got them to me the next morning at 8:15am. If you need quality product, on time, give Dirt Cheap a call."

Dirt Cheap Drives is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dirt Cheap Drives is not a merchant member
Dirt Cheap Drives does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!