Direct Gardening / House of Wesley Reviews - directgardening.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.17/10 18 reviews

Direct Gardening / House of Wesley is not a merchant member
Direct Gardening / House of Wesley does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 8/104/5

"I placed an order with Direct Gardening and after reading the reviews on this website, I tried to cancel it for a full refund. The order was being processed though and I couldn't cancel. I emailed their customer service twice and both time received a timely response. My order arrived; complete and in good condition. Except for the 2 dormant items I ordered, everything else had green leaves and was well packed. Yes, the dormant plants look completely dead, but that's because they're dormant; that's how they are SUPPOSED to look when dormant. I soaked the dormant plants in water and planted them the day I received them as recommended. I feel confident they will be ok or I will request a replacement. I saved the shipping label on my package AS DIRECTED BY DIRECT GARDENING IN CAPITAL LETTERS. I plan to order some more plants from them. It's a shame only the unhappy customers are so vocal and more satisfied customers don't speak up. Direct Gardening has not received a fair shake here. My only slight complaint would be that when I called customer service, the person I spoke to did not seem very knowledgeable even though the was friendly and polite."

modified review This review was modified by wildrabbit on April 12 2014 07:47:02 PM

"Direct Gardening is possibly one of the worst online plant nurseries I have ever given my business. I placed my order with them over two weeks ago and have attempted to contact them on multiple occasions - two emails and several phone calls. The first 4-6 phone call attempts I made received a busy signal on the other end of the line. Neither email I sent has received a response as of this time.

My order confirmation email says to allow 1-2 weeks for processing. I tend to be a fairly easy-going person, so when I hadn't received any information from them after two weeks I decided to just check in and see how my order was going. I figured it had been delayed for one reason or another, but I do not think it is too much to ask to keep me in the loop about my own order, especially after the company has already charged my credit card for the merchandise.

When I was finally able to get someone on the phone, the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful. She had no idea why my order had not shipped and could not give me an estimation of when it might be shipped in the future. In fact, the only thing she could tell me was that the order was in processing and would ship at some point in the future. When I asked for her Supervisor, she sighed loudly and mumbled under her breath before putting me on hold. The Supervisor was no more helpful, issuing the obligatory and monotoned response of "I'm sorry you feel that way" to everything I said.

The prices of this company are highly desirable; however, I am sorely disappointed at their lack of ability to know anything about what is going on with a customer's order. Lower prices are not an excuse to exhibit poor customer service and in the future I will be taking my money elsewhere. I would rather pay a little more and know that I am going to be taken care of than to pay less and to be treated like receiving my business doesn't matter in the least. Poorly done, Direct Gardening.

modified review This review was modified by deweyduo on April 08 2014 08:59:22 AM

"Total scam. One small order took 4 weeks, my 2nd has been 3 months and counting. The customer service is slow, rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. They literally ship your order if/when they feel like it.

I will be doing a credit card chargeback and reporting them shortly. Do not waste your time with them, its a nightmare!

modified review This review was modified by fletch113 on September 03 2013 10:11:38 AM

"I ORDERED A ROSE BUSH AS A SURPRISE GIFT. HAD IT SENT TO HER. SHE GOT AN ENVELOPE OF SEEDS AS A FREE GIFT. THE ROSE BUSH WAS A DEAD BROWN DRIED BULB..NO PAPERWORK. SHE THROUGH IT AWAY BECAUSE SHE HAD ORDERED ITEMS FROM THERE A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEY WERE ALL DEAD. SHE HAD A HARD TIME GETTING HER MONEY BACK. I CALLED THEM THEY OFFER ME A CREDIT BECAUSE THE ITEM COULD NOT BE SENT BACK BECAUSE SHE TOSSED IT AND NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT. BUYER BEWARE , IT WAS A ROOT AND NO ROSE BUSH..OUT ALL THE MONEY "

modified review This review was modified by ZIPPY786 on May 29 2013 11:58:29 AM

"BEWARE. This company is a scam and should be stopped from operating. I have been robbed by them. If you have also and they shipped to you via the post office you can file a federal mail fraud complaaint against the. Go to thHow to File a Police Report Over Mail Fraud

Read more: How to File a Police Report Over Mail Fraud | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5978339_file-report-over-mail-fraud.html#ixzz2BauCypIBe following site for information. Good luck.

"Agree with negative reviews. Shipped bare root in plastic bags inside green shipping bag. The plants appeared to have overheated despite residual moisture in inner bags-- much browned and wilted foliage despite about two week turnaround. The pear scions were dry and unrooted-- one was snapped in half and the stems already dead-dry. The roses were live but had mold and many dead branches and roots. I could have gotten leafed out bare roots locally but wanted the listed dwarf pear. Dumb dumb dumb move. What you see in their catalogue is not what you get plain and simple. Did not try seeds or 'free' bulbs. Waitnig on CS for response."

"Terrible place to shop for garden plants. They take for ever to arrive after your bank account is charged and when they do arrive, they are already dried up and dead. After you call them to complain they tell you to plant them anyway and give them six weeks to see if they come around. After six weeks goes by they say you can send them back (at your cost) providing to saved the original shipping lable from two or more months previous when they arrived. I used these frauds twice for plants that I thought would thrive in my growing zone. Both orders were dead on arrival or died within weeks after planting. These people are a joke. Don't waste your time with these frauds."

"Terrible customer care. The plants arrived after more then a month. They were all very small and in bad conditions. Terrible packaging, just a soft plastic bag with trees and shrub nursery inside!!! The bag with the fertilizer was broken and it was all spread inside. Trees were tiny. Flower seeds never grew, not even one of them!
I wish I didn't waste my time and money with them. Never again!

"I puchased 3 orange azeleas from these people and when they came all were broken off and 1 was completely dead. I returned the paperwork for the dead one and just today recieved it's replacement. This one is broken off 1/2 above the dirt. Their packaging sucks and unless you want the aggrevation of sending back and forth for plants that are alive, I would shop somewhere else where they know how to package plants and care about their customers!"

"I made an order over a month ago. I did not receive any plants and bought some elsewhere. I contacted them to cancel the order but "they can't" even though it still hasn't shipped. The customer service is extremely poor."

"I've been ordering from Directgardening.com for a while now. They ship DORMANT plants, that need to be kept in water first then planted. Yes, they might look "dead" at first. Yes, not all survive. Also, it says from the start that it takes more than two weeks for you to receive an order. These are plants, and go by the laws of nature. and they have to direct your order from quite a good number of nurseries across the country.
Some of the plants I ordered didnt' live, I sent back the mailing label and got replacements. Sometimes a replacement didn't live (they go through the USPS, and you don't know what happens there) had to be replaced themselves. But, they always deliver, replace and the plants are gorgeous and CHEAP. I will keep ordering from them, as I have a very good opinion about them. People should READ better the instructions

"Should have read the reviews first,when will I ever learn. Plant was rotted no replacement unless you return mailing label? DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I dislike dealing with this company so much I created a FaceBook site called "Never shop at Direct Gardening!""

"Do not order from Direct Gardening. Please learn from my mistake. The plants arrive later then they tell you they will, most are only roots and all are dead or dying. Their customer service is not a real customer service, they can not help you or answer any questions. They only tell you to mail back your original mailing label and a letter outlining what was wrong with your shipment. This process is for everything, missing, dead or dying plants. Once you do that wait about a month to receive your replacement order, again with missing, dead or dying plants. When I called them about the first delivery of my order, I let myself be talked into believing the plants were dormant and not dead, so I planted everything, 40 plants. Nothing lived, and in letting them talk me into planting them, they had talked me out of a refund. My only recourse was replacements, which of course arrived over 6 weeks after I sent the label and letter. Now I sit here at my laptop and try to decide if it is worth the cost of a stamp to request another replacement for the missing, dead and dying plants from this latest replacement shipment. I think it's time I just chalk it up to lesson learned and never buy plants on line again."

"I ordered plants from this company. They wasted no time charging my credit card. After 3 weeks, I contacted them to see if my order had shipped and was told it had not been shipped. I told them to just cancel my order and refund my money. They said they would, but the refund never came. Twice more, I contacted them and asked that my money be refunded. Each time they said the refund was being processed. It's been weeks now since they agreed to refund my money and I still haven't gotten the refund and don't expect to ever get it if I wait on them to do it. I'm now having to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back."