Stores > Direct Gardening / House of Wesley

• Direct Gardenin

2016-05-14

Bad product/bad shipping times/bad customer service/bad return policy

"I have not begun to fight to get my money back on these pathetic things they call plants. These big beautiful pictures and when you open up the box to yellow plants all on the verge of death; that it took a month to get; the let down is extreme. They want to replace them but who would want to go through the hassle to baby these itty bitty plants enough to get them to live let alone blossom. They violated their entire policy by telling me the order would be processed in two weeks and I got them a month later. There was no correspondence telling me they even got my order or any answer to my complaints for almost a week and then only because I disputed the charge on my credit card. I want a refund not replacement plants. Way too expensive for what you get even if they had lived."

2016-04-06

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

"On one website you have 420 Negative reviews only 156 positive 50 neutrals. That is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I did as was told by waiting and planting only to have them ALL DIE. My MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN !!!! The 2 4.99 were used on new orders for things that arrived CRUSHED. The other plants just DIED after I planted as told. There is something you can do, supply LIVE plants in GOOD condition. The original plants did not appear alive when I received them, but I did as told and waited then the replacements arrived in poor/dead condition and again as i was told planted, now you tell me "We are sorry for the inconvenience. " Not inconvenience it was/is a waste of MY MONEY, so yes you could at least send me LIVE plants in GOOD condition, but you just DO NOT want to. ALMOST $200.00 GONE. "

This review was modified by REWnNC on April 06 2016 03:38:31 PM

2016-02-04

Ripp off company, and they are good at it.

"Just don't is all I can say. Half the order was never received. The other half was destroyed in shipment since all they use is a plastic bag. No response from customer service until I have a lawyer contact them for me. Wasted my money. DO NOT USE DIRECT GARDENING!"

This review was modified by Another.Sucker on February 04 2016 06:43:21 AM

2015-11-10

"real crooks they will send u dead plants then will put such difficult return requirements that u cant return anything also will not cancel your order even if it hasnt shipped "

This review was modified by pima on November 12 2015 09:44:01 AM

2015-10-29

"Horrible company. Ordered 5 - 3 to 4 foot Quaking Aspens and was sent 5 - 12" to 22" Pink Dogwoods. Immediately sent customer service an email stating I wanted a full refund but instead of doing the right thing and processing the refund like any good online merchant would do they tell me I need to mail the shipping label along with a written request for a refund. I emailed a picture of the shipping label along with my request for a refund but they insist that I need to mail it in. They can charge your credit card online but they can't credit it online. Won't be surprised if it gets "lost" in the mail. Like everyone else is saying I wish I had listened to all the negative reviews that are out there and never placed the order. "

2015-10-23

"I placed an order in the begining of April and didn't get it until June!! And everything was dry or dead. Also recieved the wrong rose in the order but was told it was right that I needed to change the soil to acid. Did that and after 4 weeks still the same color rose not the color I ordered. I sent in for replacements on the order for dead plants and wrong rose and I recieved them much quicker but they were all died up again with all the leafs dead and fallen off in the shipper. I order from online nurseries all the time and this has been the worst experience of my life."

2015-10-05

"I AGREE WITH ALL THE OTHER COMMENTS. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. MY FIRST ORDER WAS RECEIVED WITH ALL PRODUCTS ROTTEN. THE REPLACEMENT ORDER WAS THE SAME WAY ALL PRODUCTS WHERE ROTTEN. WOULD NOT GIVE A REFUND HAD TO SETTLE WITH A VOUCHER WHICH I PROBABLY WILL NEVER GET. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE AND THE PRODUCTS ARE NO BETTER AND I HAVE GARDENED ALL MY LIFE AND YES I KNOW ABOUT PLANTS AND BULBS. WILL NEVER ORDER AGAIN AND WILL TRY TO LET OTHER KNOW NOT TO AS WELL. THIS IS A HURRY AND WAIT COMPANY, NOTHING IS DONE IN A TIMELY MANNER OR COURTESY!!! "

This review was modified by BTH9305 on October 05 2015 02:47:21 PM

2015-08-28

"i purchased in sep 2014 privet hedges and other bushes and trees. Did not receive it until 6 weeks later in October. They're service is not very good. A lot of hedged died. Tried to get a warranty replacement on some hedges and two trees. When they sent me the replacement on the hedges, they did not send me the trees. When I contacted them, they said they would NOT send me the trees without the replacement shipping label, even though I had sent them the original shipping label. My landscapter had tossed the box the replacement hedges came in....So, i never got my replacement trees. Difficult people to deal with. For that reason, will not buy from them again. "

This review was modified by alin726 on August 28 2015 09:16:56 AM

2015-06-30

"My order took over six weeks to get here. The plants were dead when they got here, "dead", not "dormant" as I planted them up immediately giving them the benefit of the doubt though they were clearly dead. Now over two weeks later, I sent pictures of my clearly dead plants to their customer service and got a reply saying I shouldn't call them "dead" for six weeks, though any idiot can tell from the picture I sent that they are dead. They suggest waiting six weeks and then requesting a replacement if they are still dead. That gets them well beyond having to give me a refund if I send the dead plants back at my expense, as it is after the two week return period. I'm sure they'd be glad to send me more dead plants, but I'm not spending another cent at their company or returning dead plants at my expense. My first clue should have been that their website hasn't got a spot for customer reviews. Wish I had checked their reviews elsewhere prior to ordering as they send dead plants and in no way stand behind their products. "

2015-06-15

"NEVER EVER ORDER any products from this company. Took 5 weeks to ship products so that I wanted to cancel the order before shipping them, but could not cancel it and the only way to cancel them was to return the product in 2 weeks after I receive them.
I returned them as soon as I received and NEVER RETURNED YET. They say " As of yet, we do not show receipt of your refund request. Please allow time for us to receive your package and required documentation." HOW LONG???
TERRIBLE COMPANY.

2015-06-08

"I will NEVER order from this company again. I ordered on 4-13-15. No order as of 5-6-15 so I called and was told my order was in the shipping dept. I called again on 5-22-15 because I still had not received my shipment. I told them I wanted to cancel my order because I was tired of waiting for them and the blooming season for what I ordered was over. They gave me the wrong email to send my cancel request to. I sent a cancel request on Direct Gardening's website and never heard a reply that my order was cancelled. Called again on 5-30-15 and was told my order had shipped...they totally ignored my request to cancel. I picked flowers that were in stock hoping it would speed my order. I received subsitutions that I didn't want, and I wasn't asked if a subsitute was OK. One flower blub came dead; a bag of mush and quite frankly, I'm not sure about some others."

This review was modified by Lovemms1 on June 08 2015 11:30:39 AM

2015-05-28

"Never received my order. Told weeks ago it was in shipping. Now their phone is busy or a recording says no longer her a working number. My bank is disputing charges since they took the money out of my bank back in April. SCAM!!!"

2015-05-21

"like the other reviewers, I have yet to receive my order, 5 weeks after I placed it, and when I was finally able to get through to customer service all they would tell me is that there is no ship date. There are plenty of other nurseries who will ship in a timely manner; I would never deal with this company again. "

This review was modified by Eloise12 on May 21 2015 10:51:43 AM

2014-10-30

"They shipped over two months after I ordered. It was so late I canceled it and still received it over 9 days later. The customer service was rude and WAY out of line. I would NEVER order from them again. "

This review was modified by Gardener1786 on October 30 2014 02:37:37 PM

2014-10-14

"I wish I had read reviews about Direct Gardening before I placed an order with them.
They are indeed the worst online company I have dealt with in the 15 years I have been making online purchases.
There is absolutely no communication of staff within this company between each other within customer service personnel or between customer service and the shipping department. One person will tell you something about your order but the next day you can phone and get a totally different story.
Do not order from them unless you like being jerked around and having no idea if or when your plants will arrive. They will not honor a single thing that they say.

Share Direct Gardening / House of Wesley's store rating

Direct Gardening / House of Wesley is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Direct Gardening / House of Wesley is not a merchant member
Direct Gardening / House of Wesley does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!