"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.
THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE, PLANT ARE DEAD.

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. First it took nearly 5 weeks for delivery. The plants were dried up and dead looking. Some of them even looked like dead twigs. However I went ahead and planted everything. Unfortunately, the dead looking plants were, in fact, dead. When I called and told the company and told them what had happened, customer service told me I had to mail in the original packing slip and a handwritten request for the dead plants. I did so immediately (mid April). I waited and waited and never heard from them so on 6\5\14 I emailed them to find out what the status was. I received on email from them stating they did not have a replacement file on hand it usually takes 1-2weeks for the request to be processed after receipt. On 6/8 I sent another email asking which plants they did not have a replacement for. On 6/9 I received an email from them stating they had never received my request. Fortunately I made a copy of the original packing slip and sent a copy along with a list of the plants that perished. On 6/11 I received another email from DG stating they hadn't received anything from me and wanted to know if I had received anything from them in the mail. On 6/12 I was informed it was probably lost in the mail and they wanted a copy of my credit slip where I paid for the items. So on 6/13 I sent a copy of my debit card receipt, another list of the dead plants and another copy of the original packing slip. Today I received an email from DG stating they require this information to be sent by mail with my written request in order to proceed. So now I am going to send them copies of all our emails so they have it in writing in the mail. Wonder how long this will take....

Bottom line: plants are lousey; customer service is lousey and the company obviously does not care about their business. If you order from them, you are doing so at your own risk because you will get dead plants and they will not replace them or give you a refund.

If this isn't the runaround I don't know what is.

modified review This review was modified by kimam13 on June 17 2014 06:46:03 AM

"DO NOT SHOP WITH THIS MERCHANT! I Just received my first order with this company. I'd have to say this was not only my worst experience ordering from an online gardening/nursery site, but probably the worst online order of any kind.

After a 5+ week wait for a small order (during which I was reassured twice via canned e-mail that my order was fine and scheduled for delivery) I received a dead, broken, dried out stick and a plant I didn't order. They were tossed loose into a large plastic shipping bag filled mostly with ads for unrelated goods and services. I can understand stock outages, but 5 weeks is enough time to grow from seed! They could have notified me of the outage and allowed me to change the order. I'd look for a refund or exchange, but I'm done with these people. It's not worth the shipping and the wait time for them to get this right. Oh, and the free gift? Three bulbs so old and dead they fell apart in my hands.

In short, stay far away from these people. I truly don’t think they’re even trying to fill orders. It’s all just an excuse to get you to pay for advertisements.

modified review This review was modified by jgoldbach on June 09 2014 12:46:21 PM

"I placed an order with Direct Gardening and after reading the reviews on this website, I tried to cancel it for a full refund. The order was being processed though and I couldn't cancel. I emailed their customer service twice and both time received a timely response. My order arrived; complete and in good condition. Except for the 2 dormant items I ordered, everything else had green leaves and was well packed. Yes, the dormant plants look completely dead, but that's because they're dormant; that's how they are SUPPOSED to look when dormant. I soaked the dormant plants in water and planted them the day I received them as recommended. I feel confident they will be ok or I will request a replacement. I saved the shipping label on my package AS DIRECTED BY DIRECT GARDENING IN CAPITAL LETTERS. I plan to order some more plants from them. It's a shame only the unhappy customers are so vocal and more satisfied customers don't speak up. Direct Gardening has not received a fair shake here. My only slight complaint would be that when I called customer service, the person I spoke to did not seem very knowledgeable even though the was friendly and polite."

modified review This review was modified by wildrabbit on April 12 2014 07:47:02 PM

"Direct Gardening is possibly one of the worst online plant nurseries I have ever given my business. I placed my order with them over two weeks ago and have attempted to contact them on multiple occasions - two emails and several phone calls. The first 4-6 phone call attempts I made received a busy signal on the other end of the line. Neither email I sent has received a response as of this time.

My order confirmation email says to allow 1-2 weeks for processing. I tend to be a fairly easy-going person, so when I hadn't received any information from them after two weeks I decided to just check in and see how my order was going. I figured it had been delayed for one reason or another, but I do not think it is too much to ask to keep me in the loop about my own order, especially after the company has already charged my credit card for the merchandise.

When I was finally able to get someone on the phone, the customer service representative was rude and unhelpful. She had no idea why my order had not shipped and could not give me an estimation of when it might be shipped in the future. In fact, the only thing she could tell me was that the order was in processing and would ship at some point in the future. When I asked for her Supervisor, she sighed loudly and mumbled under her breath before putting me on hold. The Supervisor was no more helpful, issuing the obligatory and monotoned response of "I'm sorry you feel that way" to everything I said.

The prices of this company are highly desirable; however, I am sorely disappointed at their lack of ability to know anything about what is going on with a customer's order. Lower prices are not an excuse to exhibit poor customer service and in the future I will be taking my money elsewhere. I would rather pay a little more and know that I am going to be taken care of than to pay less and to be treated like receiving my business doesn't matter in the least. Poorly done, Direct Gardening.

modified review This review was modified by deweyduo on April 08 2014 08:59:22 AM

"Total scam. One small order took 4 weeks, my 2nd has been 3 months and counting. The customer service is slow, rude, unprofessional and unhelpful. They literally ship your order if/when they feel like it.

I will be doing a credit card chargeback and reporting them shortly. Do not waste your time with them, its a nightmare!

modified review This review was modified by fletch113 on September 03 2013 10:11:38 AM

"I ORDERED A ROSE BUSH AS A SURPRISE GIFT. HAD IT SENT TO HER. SHE GOT AN ENVELOPE OF SEEDS AS A FREE GIFT. THE ROSE BUSH WAS A DEAD BROWN DRIED BULB..NO PAPERWORK. SHE THROUGH IT AWAY BECAUSE SHE HAD ORDERED ITEMS FROM THERE A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEY WERE ALL DEAD. SHE HAD A HARD TIME GETTING HER MONEY BACK. I CALLED THEM THEY OFFER ME A CREDIT BECAUSE THE ITEM COULD NOT BE SENT BACK BECAUSE SHE TOSSED IT AND NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT. BUYER BEWARE , IT WAS A ROOT AND NO ROSE BUSH..OUT ALL THE MONEY "

modified review This review was modified by ZIPPY786 on May 29 2013 11:58:29 AM

"BEWARE. This company is a scam and should be stopped from operating. I have been robbed by them. If you have also and they shipped to you via the post office you can file a federal mail fraud complaaint against the. Go to thHow to File a Police Report Over Mail Fraud

Read more: How to File a Police Report Over Mail Fraud | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5978339_file-report-over-mail-fraud.html#ixzz2BauCypIBe following site for information. Good luck.

"Agree with negative reviews. Shipped bare root in plastic bags inside green shipping bag. The plants appeared to have overheated despite residual moisture in inner bags-- much browned and wilted foliage despite about two week turnaround. The pear scions were dry and unrooted-- one was snapped in half and the stems already dead-dry. The roses were live but had mold and many dead branches and roots. I could have gotten leafed out bare roots locally but wanted the listed dwarf pear. Dumb dumb dumb move. What you see in their catalogue is not what you get plain and simple. Did not try seeds or 'free' bulbs. Waitnig on CS for response."

"Terrible place to shop for garden plants. They take for ever to arrive after your bank account is charged and when they do arrive, they are already dried up and dead. After you call them to complain they tell you to plant them anyway and give them six weeks to see if they come around. After six weeks goes by they say you can send them back (at your cost) providing to saved the original shipping lable from two or more months previous when they arrived. I used these frauds twice for plants that I thought would thrive in my growing zone. Both orders were dead on arrival or died within weeks after planting. These people are a joke. Don't waste your time with these frauds."

"Terrible customer care. The plants arrived after more then a month. They were all very small and in bad conditions. Terrible packaging, just a soft plastic bag with trees and shrub nursery inside!!! The bag with the fertilizer was broken and it was all spread inside. Trees were tiny. Flower seeds never grew, not even one of them!
I wish I didn't waste my time and money with them. Never again!

"I puchased 3 orange azeleas from these people and when they came all were broken off and 1 was completely dead. I returned the paperwork for the dead one and just today recieved it's replacement. This one is broken off 1/2 above the dirt. Their packaging sucks and unless you want the aggrevation of sending back and forth for plants that are alive, I would shop somewhere else where they know how to package plants and care about their customers!"

"I would not order from this company again. After about three weeks, the order still had not shipped. I needed to postpone the shipment because I was going to be on vacation and the plants still has not arrived. They were nice enough to postpone the order, but some of the plants were rotted and moldy. They would send a replacement with the shipping label. However, I never received a label in the package. Instead of just looking up the order, they want me to mail them my credit card statement! I have dealt with cheap nurseries before and had no issues. This is the worst!"

"I made an order over a month ago. I did not receive any plants and bought some elsewhere. I contacted them to cancel the order but "they can't" even though it still hasn't shipped. The customer service is extremely poor."

"I've been ordering from Directgardening.com for a while now. They ship DORMANT plants, that need to be kept in water first then planted. Yes, they might look "dead" at first. Yes, not all survive. Also, it says from the start that it takes more than two weeks for you to receive an order. These are plants, and go by the laws of nature. and they have to direct your order from quite a good number of nurseries across the country.
Some of the plants I ordered didnt' live, I sent back the mailing label and got replacements. Sometimes a replacement didn't live (they go through the USPS, and you don't know what happens there) had to be replaced themselves. But, they always deliver, replace and the plants are gorgeous and CHEAP. I will keep ordering from them, as I have a very good opinion about them. People should READ better the instructions

Direct Gardening / House of Wesley is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Direct Gardening / House of Wesley is not a merchant member
Direct Gardening / House of Wesley does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!