"Buyer Beware. This company is dodgy. The have just been shutdown selling on Amazon and do not deliver products or communicate."

"Order was immediately acknowledged and I had a shipping confirmation within one business day. Order was received in two business days. Order was 100% accurate and product was well protected in the packaging. Will definitely use them again. "

"Placed order on line. They said item was in stock,and shipping next day. Never received the email verification. Tried to contact customer service multiple times-THEY DON"T ANSER THERE PHONE. I MANAGED TO GET THRU THE SALES DEPT.
Asked what's up. Advised it was never shipped. They could not explain what happened. Said item was out of stock, yet the web page was still taking orders saying the item was in stock. I mentioned and they never corrected it. They should be charged with false advertising. Strongly recomend you don't use!

"No troubles ordering and receiving the product. The site isn't the greatest, but it works. However, after buying, I started to receive their newsletters. I wanted to unsubscribe, so I attempted every method they wrote in their email, and all of them failed. I tried to email their customer service address, and it bounced. I called their phone number, and they had no operators, and I went to their website because they said I could unsubscribe there, but there was no way to unsubscribe. I sent this information through their web form informing them that they were spamming me since I didn't have a recourse to make them stop, but I've received no response."

"DirectDeals is my new supplier of software - I haven't found it cheaper anywhere else. Let me qualify that, other stores may have, for instance, Windows XP for a few dollars cheaper, however you'll receive a "For use with a ____ computer only" SP1 version. Not worth the hassle of spending a few hours downloading and installing updates for 3 dollars. I'm starting to see that I don't need to check as many other websites for cheap software, these guys have consistently had the lowest prices around.

I did, however purchase something (maintenance on AutoCAD LT 2007) that they weren't able to sell me. The price was attractive, but after a few weeks of it not arriving, I e-mailed them and was told they were waiting approval from AutoDesk to have it shipped out. I called about two weeks later and was told they actually can't sell it because they're not qualified through AutoDesk or something. Just a little upset that they didn't e-mail me to tell me that in the beginning, but given how low their prices are I'll be ordering from them again.

USA

"Great prices, shipping packaging (even survived a flood after UPS chucked order over my fence into flood waters), received order in 2 days. I've ordered from directdeals over the years, and have always received the same great service. Let's hope they maintain the same level of service as they grow..."

MA

"It's the only order I've placed with them and it was painless and boring. No hassles, no drama. I don't know how they can offer such a great price for what I was looking for but I didn't care. The product is legitimate, just no fancy packaging or manuals. They'll be on my list of places to look up if I ever need to purchase a previous release version of commercial software again."

modified review This review was modified by fooda on February 21 2006 06:21:04 AM

"I've been purchasing from DirectDeals for a few years now. I've never had a problem with them. I took a chance one time and their prompt shipping and great prices kept me as a customer. I can't speak for the customer service. Maybe I've been lucky, but I never had to call them."

DamiexX's Avatar
Silicon Valley

"Good company and good service! Was pretty wary of purchasing from them at first, but they checked out on resellerratings so I went for it. They called me an hour after the purchase to confirm the order and my shipping address which was different from the billing. Good experience!"

"Good price, EXCELLENT shipping. Even though I ordered after their cutoff time for next day delivery, I still received the merchandise the next day in the morning."

"No response to email. Very poor custoemr service. Link for "LIVE CHAT" not live at all.

No option for canceling recent placed orders.

modified review This review was modified by gonmb on May 31 2005 12:18:01 PM

"Have ordered software from this company a dozen times or more and all of my experiences have been excellent. They provide prompt e-mail confirmation of each order and tracking info as soon as it ships (which is usually the same day, by the way) Will definately keep using Direct Deals for my software purchases. They have NEVER requested that I give Direct Deals a favorable rating on this site or any other ratings site. "

"I was able to find what I was looking for in terms of software, and the available software was priced quite reasonably. The fact that they used USPS Priority Mail for shipping was a definite plus in my favor. On the whole, I give Direct Deals high marks for the breadth and availability of low-cost OEM software, prompt shipping and reasonable shipping fees, and I would strongly recommend Direct Deals as a retailer of choice for low-cost business software for small businesses.

"Placed an order on Sunday night, had the software in my hands on Tuesday; and that was using the "Free" shipping. Great prices too! I paid 75% less than the local stores prices. Next time I need software I will check DirectDeal.com first."

"DirectDeals is a great place to get OEM software... they have good prices, quick shipping, and are reliable - orders have been smooth and painless.

I'm posting three months after my order because I recently received an e-mail from DirectDeals offering free software if I gave them positive reviews on websites like Resellerratings. Because of their "bribe tactics" I now recommend people to shop elsewhere - any positive reviews of DirectDeals will likely be biased. Buy from a company that deserves their good rating and not from a company that has to buy their rating.

modified review This review was modified by nostradx on March 20 2004 10:33:08 PM

Direct Deals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Direct Deals is not a merchant member
Direct Deals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!