Stores > Direct Canada

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.52/10 6.52/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.69/10 6.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.65/10 4.65/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.89/10 4.89/10
Voice your opinion! Review Direct Canada by clicking a star below.
2017-03-20

Worst Customer Service!

"I called them to ask when is the ETA for my order gets delivered, and they guy told me all items will be delivered within 1-2 business days. But all of a sudden one of my item goes to Back order without giving me notification and the item is already paid. This is so insane! Why did they charged for an item that is in back order?! Ridiculous! And I think they wont give me the refund until I ask for it."

This review was modified by Jex310 on March 22 2017 05:15:02 PM

2017-03-16

Good luck... You'll need it.

"Sean Hartt
ยท 2 seconds ago
Don't expect to get anything you order from these cheats. They list items as "in-stock" and charge your card right away only to turn around and say that they never had the product and they have no ETA. (when you finally get a hold of them, I spent a total of 100 minutes on hold with them over the course of 5 calls, and only got through once. It lets you sit in "you are caller 10, 9, 8, etc" until it gets to one and then kicks you)

This is the first and last order I place with DirectCanada and I'm going to have to seriously think about ever ordering from NCIX again, I've been shopping there since 1998 and I think I'm done after this. Regardless of whether they are separate sites, my credit card was charged by NCIX so they get to share the blame.

I will say that their social media agent was very helpful but unfortunately they're stuck working for a horrible company.

This review was modified by seanhartt on March 21 2017 12:00:20 AM

2017-03-15

Good luck getting someone to answer you!

"So after searching a few sites for an AMD AM4 motherboard, I found 3 "in stock" at DIRECT CANADA. Placed my order along with CPU, power supply, m2 SSD drive and a led light strip. Everything was "in Stock" according to web site. I even checked after buying the motherboard and sure enough, it was now saying 2 "In Stock". Next day I noticed I had given the cottage addy and since it's 4 hours away, I wanted them to ship it to my home addy instead. I wasn't having any luck with phone calls, (did waist a lot of time "in Line" though) so I sent them a ticket concerning my change of addy. Well, same day I received an order status as 2 items where put on B/O (motherboard and m2 ssd) and another one was "pending shipment"(PSU).
Fast forward 6 days and all I received are led's and CPU.
Now my "pending shipment PSU is in B/O yet I see 10 "available online" and the motherboard is "pending shipment", M2 ssd is on it's way as of today but 4 hours away!
I could never get a hold of them to send it at my home instead.
The "ticket" thing is a joke, 6 days now, no answer!
God knows when the rest of my order will show up and not being able to get a hold of someone to make the change of addy further aggravates the whole experience with them!
Sorry if I come out as being ****, that only because I am!

This review was modified by Mike-1964 on March 17 2017 06:00:02 PM

2017-03-14

Kiss your money goodbye

"First they wouldnt cancel my order, i would have to get an RMA to be allowed to return the items. I played along, sent everything back exactly as they said to do it. It arrived at the destination 3 weeks ago and I have not heard a word. No acknowledgement (apart from canada post informing that the package was accepted at the destination), and money sure as hell wasnt refunded. I put in a ticket 4 days ago and it has not been acknowledged either. Tried calling, only to be hung up on after waiting on hold for 20 minutes. Avoid them at all costs."

This review was modified by Qubit1 on March 16 2017 10:45:01 PM

2017-03-13

Horrible Customer Service

"Direct Canada has THE worst customer service. I ordered an item but finally decided to cancel it since I had changed my mind. So, I call the number provided on their webpage and proceeded to wait in line. When it was finally my turn, I get an automated message saying that no one is "available to answer my call". I found it weird since I WAS waiting in line for well over 20 minutes. So I decided to call them back 7 DAMN TIMES with zero answer. Why the hell would they make me wait in line just to tell me that no one could answer my call? On that fateful day, they took 3 hours off of my precious time... "

This review was modified by OhHenrie on March 15 2017 04:00:01 PM

2017-03-10

How Incredible is the Incredible Nick?

"Despite having some troubles with the shipment because of the item being backordered, I was met with amazing customer support by the staff, namely the Incredible Nick. Had an amazing experience and would totally recommend dealing with them. Great prices, great people. 10/10."

This review was modified by simonisawhore on March 14 2017 12:15:18 AM

2017-03-06

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

"Placed an order and tried to verify it using their phone system, however you can't enter extensions in the system so I could never receive the verification phone call. I tried calling in to get the order processed and after waiting on hold for 20 minutes I went to a message saying nobody was available. Why did it take 20 minutes to send me to a message? But I digress.

I needed the product I ordered quickly so I ended up placing an order for the same thing somewhere else, and it arrived the next day. I've sent several messages since then to Direct Canada trying to get the order cancelled since they've already charged my credit card despite the order being stuck at "product availability" on the Direct Canada website, and so far all I've received is an RMA for a product that never shipped.

I'm not sure what to do at this point other than have Visa process a chargeback. Buying a product online should never be this painful.

This review was modified by BobLoblaws on March 08 2017 12:45:02 PM

2017-03-01

The Good Price and Service Wombo Combo

"THEY GOT IT ALL. Wicked prices and awesome service. Had some questions regarding order and mah man Nick on the chat helped answer all my pestering questions quickly and efficiently. Was also super personable."

This review was modified by justsomedudewhobuysstuff on March 03 2017 04:30:01 PM

2017-03-01

Nick Ive saved you from the jumper cables!

"Nick did a fantastic job with my order helping me pick out a new psu (sperate order ID) but also hooked me up with the game codes for my graphics card!

Nick Im going to name my child after you!

This review was modified by Dlt_tyler on March 03 2017 12:30:01 PM

2017-02-28

Excellent customer service!

"Went above and beyond what's "standard" customer support on other online stores.

EDIT March 20 : Down to 3 stars from 5. Did not make good on one promise they made during support chat.

This review was modified by CyanB on March 22 2017 11:30:01 AM

2017-02-15

Great Customer Service

"Nick was great to deal with. He was patient and took the time to answer all the queries I had regarding my order. "

This review was modified by ranaabhishek on February 17 2017 07:00:01 PM

2017-02-08

I would rate my service experience with Direct Canada a perfect 5/7

"Your customer support personnel supply only the dankest of memes, and greatest of service. They actually have a personality, which is rare in customer support, and did not hesitate to respond to my calls for halp (yes that was me nick)"

This review was modified by Nasser_14 on February 10 2017 02:15:02 PM

2017-02-07

Easy handling of a shipping damage issue

"This is the first time I've had an issue with receiving a damaged item I ordered online -- a computer case -- and given all the support-related horror stories I've heard over the years I was prepared for the worst.

I went to the Direct Canada site, logged in, and looked at my order tracker to have the relevant numbers ready, geared up mentally for battle, and started to look for the contact phone number when I noticed the "Chat" button on the lower right of the window. "Why not", I thought and clicked it.

I ended up talking to a gentleman named Jonathan Hart. He was an uncommon blend of professional and personable that pretty quickly disarmed any perceived need for the mental martial arts, and before I knew it he had taken care of everything.

I may need to respond to a query from the courier, but basically they pick up the damaged item and I have a new one shipped out with no additional charges.

I did pay for shipping insurance when I ordered, and that played a role here, so I highly recommend it. It cost me about three dollars and change which is pretty obviously a worthwhile investment.

In any case, after dealing with Jonathan I have no trepidation of ordering with Direct Canada again.

This review was modified by ArchMonkey on February 09 2017 09:45:01 AM

2017-01-31

2 times the charm

"service 1 : great services. couldn't get better than that

service 2 : nicholas would make the best wife. great response time. helpful. gave perfect instruction to make customer service fast and easy. was able to speed up transaction stuff for me.

This review was modified by jay-c_st-l on February 02 2017 05:45:01 PM

2017-01-31

Excellent customer service!

"Their customer service it excellent, I had a few concerns about an order I had placed which were addressed in a timely manner. My expectations were exceeded exponentially, Nicholas's assistance is and has been greatly appreciated on two different circumstances. "

This review was modified by jt_crawford on February 02 2017 02:00:02 PM

Share Direct Canada's store rating

Direct Canada is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Direct Canada is a merchant member
Direct Canada participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,429 merchant members.