Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 5.94/10 8 reviews

Dinnerwareetc.com is a merchant member
    Dinnerwareetc.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • Dinnerwareetc.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I ordered 22 items of Spode and received 20 of them within 2 weeks (a delay after shipping was caused by snow.) The items were well packed and arrived in perfect condition. The 2 unavailable items were quickly credited to my Paypal account.

I did not give 5 stars overall because I did not receive an order confirmation (which led to some confusion) and the customer service phone line mailbox gave a "full" message every time I called. The email contact did work however, and shipping tracking numbers were sent promptly.

I thought the prices were also good, and would order from them again.

"My experience with Dinnerware Etc. and Chris Widener was similar to Peachchick and DGodwin.
Here is the recap of my experience:
I place an order on 12/4/2013 for 1 set 4 Spode Christmas Tree dinner plates and 1 set of 4 Spode Christmas Tree salad plates. I needed them to complete my set for Christmas.
12/13/2013 Call 877.777.8140 twice - customer service - mailbox full
12/13/2013 Sent e-mail to customer service "Contact Us Form"
12/13/2013 Received e-mail from Chris Widener - order to be
shipped on Tuesday. 12/13/2013 was a Friday
01/02/2014 Called customer service - mail box full
Called orders - took information and left message
with Lynette, supervisor, to call me
01/03/2014 Called customer service - mailbox full
01/06/2014 Called order department and talked to Jen. She took
information and would send to specialist
01/06/2014 Called Store # 302.376.3070 - Mailbox full
01/08/2014 Received product - 1 dinner plate shattered and 2
salad plates shattered
01/08/2014 Called customer service - mailbox full
Called order department and spoke to Samatha. I gave
her all information and broken plates. She is
sending to her supervisor and to Chris Widener,
owner, with a red flag. I asked to be contacted by
phone. I verified phone numbers and e-mail address.
01/13/2014 No response from anyone related to Dinnerware Etc.
or Chris Widener.
Contacted credit card company to dispute charge,
which they credit my account immediately and BBB of
Delaware requesting a prepaid label to return the
products.
01/14/2014 This is the reply I received though BBB.
I will email her a UPS label to return this entire
order.
Thanks,
Chris
No I'm sorry or acknowledgement that he received any of my repeated request to contact me. Customer Mailboxes should never be full!

"I was very happy with my experience. Prices were very competitive. From my initial order to receipt of the shipment was just 1 week. When I discovered one of the bowls had a small defect I contacted dinnerware etc and received a very prompt response. The replacement bowl arrived in less than 24 hours! You can't beat that for service. I will definitely be shopping Dinnerware etc again soon."

"Excellent seller -- great range of hard-to-find products and very good prices. Excellent communication and customer service. Had a breakage on one item in a shipment (fault of the manufacturer's in-box packaging, not Dinnerwareetc... their outer packaging is bullet-proof) and they sent a replacement without quibbles. Couldn't recommend them more!"

"Dinnerwareetc.com is very helpful with special requests. I ordered crystal pitchers and requested that there be extra padding so that they didn't crack. I was very happy when I opened the boxes and saw how cushioned my crystal pitchers were. Thanks, Dinnerwareetc.com!"

"The spode dog biscuit canister is stunning. It came safely professionally boxed exactly as ordered. I will order from you again and again... "

"These people are idiots. First I paid $40.00 shipping for "next day air" and it arrived 3 days late. They didn't even have the courtesy to notify me my items would be late and my dinner party was ruined because I was expecting the plates! I called and they said they would remove the $40.00 shipping fee. INstead they charged me ANOTHER $40.00 shipping fee!!!! And when I called them they denied doing it. I had to file a dispute with my CC company which took over 30 days to get resolved. "

"Chris Wi
dener is the person that has replied to all my custoemr service issues: Where is my order and when will it be mailed were my concerns.

I order a 12pcs dinner set from this company. 7/16/12. 3 Days later I received an email that stated my order expected shipped
date will be August 6, 2012 and it would take a another 3 to 5 days to arrived since I elected ground shipping.

So I wrote to customer service and ask why would it take so long. Mr Chris Widener wrote a short email stateing the system shows it as a backorder. I explained that it didn't indicate that at anytime during my purchase upon the website. Mr Widener only resolution was if I wanted to cancel this order and repeating it stated that their system showed it was a backorder.

On August 7, I wrote again inquiring about the status of my order. I received an abrupt email from Mr Widener, stating it would be mailed 8/10/12. So I wrote them asking why was it late and what is going on? Mr Widerner wrote he doesn't see what my frustrations are since. No one is calling me liar. it was simply a backorder nothing more or less.

I find this company operation is small and no real customer service experience and his only solution is to cancel your order if you don't like they don't get things out in a timely fashion. So I called to get someone in charge and learned Chris Widener is charge of orders, shipping,and customer service. The owner.

Suggestion: I would advise you to call to see if they really have the order in stock before paying.

I wish I had paid the extra few dollars and made my purchase at MACY's.

modified review This review was modified by DGodin on August 13 2012 04:16:19 PM