Digitalmonster.com Reviews - digitalmonster.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.90/10 158 reviews

Digitalmonster.com is a merchant member
Digitalmonster.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,866 merchant members.

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered the Canon T3i from DM for a very good price. The next day I got a call telling me that it was an import model, which I knew, and that the charger and battery would not work well due to the import and that there would be no warranty because it was an import. I upgraded to the US model and when it arrived the books inside said it was a 600D (the import model). When I called they said that it was a T3i because that is what was written on the body and that the battery and charger were the better ones. They had no idea why the books said 600D on them. I am very skeptical about whether this is the US model or the import. "

"Always deliver as promise. Never an issue with any equipment, I'm very happy with the service."

"Love the new lens and ring flash. It shipped and arrived very fast! We will do business again soon! Thank y'all!!"

""Fabulous product at a great price. The bundle package is definitely the way to go. I have recommended this store to all my friends!!" "

"TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

I was shopping for a Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera (Body Only) and found it at Digital Monster for $548.00 it all went fine until I received a call from one of their customer service reps. "wanting to verify the information on my credit card", eventually he went on to ask if I was aware that I was purchasing the import version, not the Canon USA version. He told told me that If I approved, they could upgrade my order and the new total cost would be $690.00 or so.

I asked what the difference was, and Fred the rep replied that the import version had the menu setup in CHINESE!!! and that I would not be able to read it(I thought, Canon is Japanese, why import cameras with chinese menus to the USA???, I could comprehend it if this was China!!!).
I quickly realized this was an odd deal, since when is a popular merchandise such as a camera advertised online which you the consumer is about to pay considerable amount of money, only have "chinese language menu" and according to Fred, I could not reprogram/change it.
Needless to say, I refused to pay for the requested additional charge and asked to continue with my original order, after Fred rudely and very condescendingly insisted a few more times, he was noticeably very annoyed and even rude with his remarks. He even stated that my order was going to be shipped via ground shipping and that it would take 4-6 or 6-8 weeks to arrive. As of today(10 days later), since my original transaction, I have checked my credit card statement and there has been no charge or shipment from Digital Monster. I guess Fred decided not to sell me the import version either. SCAMMERS!!!! I will never shop there again. BE CAUTIOUS, I strongly believe some of the great reviews you read about digitalmoster.com on this site, are actually posted by them, there is no doubt in my mind.

CAUTION, BAIT AND SWITCH BY DIGITALMONSTER.COM!!!
Read other reviews on this site. They are absolutely right, so be cautious if you are going to shop with them. Also, I strongly believe the great reviews about them you read on this site, such as WRITINGZONE are actually written and posted by them in an attempt to make themselves shine.

Rating 8/104/5

"Latest updtae -I got courtsey call from Digital Monster customer service they are helping to reslove my issues ,Appericiate their effectiveness for customer care..so changing my ratings to 4 stars I will make it 5 when i get my camera with no issues..

----------------------------
This company is fraud!! dont have anything listed has US model there is very small word mentioned "Import Model " I can guartantee 90% people will not be able to find it !!! I ordered a Nikon SLR from them listed for $508 , I got a call the next morning from a VERY RUDE salesman , to tell me it was a Imported Model They also said it came with only a generic battery and no US charger. None of this is mentioned on the site. But I could by the US model if I wanted for $649. I canceled the order... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

"I have ordered several times from DigitalMonster, always happy with my purchase. Monster always has great prices, and consistently keeps me updated on the status of an order. Including providing the shipping number. I always look forward to ordering with them!"

"---------------------------------UPDATE 11/18/13----------------------------------
Today I received a phone call from Fred at DigitalMonster. They are working to resolve the issue and seem very motivated to make it right. I will update again after I receive the item.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reviewer who called this a bait and switch is absolutely correct. I just placed an order for a Canon Rebel T3i and was pleased with the price I paid for it. I realized I had made an error on my email address so called to correct it. The man asked if I was aware that the camera I ordered did not have U.S. settings but everything was in Chinese, has only very short battery life, and the charger included was generic not Canon. Obviously I was not aware of this since it is not in the description! I thought I was buying the camera I have been looking at locally with the same model #. He then began pushing to sell the me camera I *thought* I had been ordering from the beginning for an additional $200. It took 3 times of me telling him I wanted to cancel the order before he stopped trying to sell me the higher priced camera. I will shop locally at a store I can trust.

Chicago

"I called Digitalmonster.com about a Nikon 80-400 f4 VR lens. The rep, Carlos, answered every question professionally. We spent several minutes on the phone and he didn't seem to be in a hurry to get to the next call. I was thoroughly impressed with his friendly approach and great customer service skills. This is an area where many companies are lacking so it's refreshing to work with people who actually care about the customer."

"Ordered a printer at such a low price I expected it to be a pricing mistake that would get cancelled. Not only not cancelled, shipped same day and arrived the next. Great speed and price."

"Item was defective but the return was handled satisfactorily.
Thanks.

"Like always DigitalMonster did a great job. Fast shipping with tracking and a great price."

"Arrived precisely as ordered and expected. Best price of all sources and with free shipping. I would use this source again."

"Fast delivery. Original packaging product as advertised."

Rating 8/104/5

"So far they have been doing their best to solve all the issues. They seem to care about their customers and what goes around about them online."