• Address: Saddle Brook, NJ

• checkmark icon COD

"I ordered the Canon T3i from DM for a very good price. The next day I got a call telling me that it was an import model, which I knew, and that the charger and battery would not work well due to the import and that there would be no warranty because it was an import. I upgraded to the US model and when it arrived the books inside said it was a 600D (the import model). When I called they said that it was a T3i because that is what was written on the body and that the battery and charger were the better ones. They had no idea why the books said 600D on them. I am very skeptical about whether this is the US model or the import. "

"TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

I was shopping for a Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera (Body Only) and found it at Digital Monster for $548.00 it all went fine until I received a call from one of their customer service reps. "wanting to verify the information on my credit card", eventually he went on to ask if I was aware that I was purchasing the import version, not the Canon USA version. He told told me that If I approved, they could upgrade my order and the new total cost would be $690.00 or so.

I asked what the difference was, and Fred the rep replied that the import version had the menu setup in CHINESE!!! and that I would not be able to read it(I thought, Canon is Japanese, why import cameras with chinese menus to the USA???, I could comprehend it if this was China!!!).
I quickly realized this was an odd deal, since when is a popular merchandise such as a camera advertised online which you the consumer is about to pay considerable amount of money, only have "chinese language menu" and according to Fred, I could not reprogram/change it.
Needless to say, I refused to pay for the requested additional charge and asked to continue with my original order, after Fred rudely and very condescendingly insisted a few more times, he was noticeably very annoyed and even rude with his remarks. He even stated that my order was going to be shipped via ground shipping and that it would take 4-6 or 6-8 weeks to arrive. As of today(10 days later), since my original transaction, I have checked my credit card statement and there has been no charge or shipment from Digital Monster. I guess Fred decided not to sell me the import version either. SCAMMERS!!!! I will never shop there again. BE CAUTIOUS, I strongly believe some of the great reviews you read about digitalmoster.com on this site, are actually posted by them, there is no doubt in my mind.

CAUTION, BAIT AND SWITCH BY DIGITALMONSTER.COM!!!
Read other reviews on this site. They are absolutely right, so be cautious if you are going to shop with them. Also, I strongly believe the great reviews about them you read on this site, such as WRITINGZONE are actually written and posted by them in an attempt to make themselves shine.

"Latest updtae -I got courtsey call from Digital Monster customer service they are helping to reslove my issues ,Appericiate their effectiveness for customer care..so changing my ratings to 4 stars I will make it 5 when i get my camera with no issues..

----------------------------
This company is fraud!! dont have anything listed has US model there is very small word mentioned "Import Model " I can guartantee 90% people will not be able to find it !!! I ordered a Nikon SLR from them listed for $508 , I got a call the next morning from a VERY RUDE salesman , to tell me it was a Imported Model They also said it came with only a generic battery and no US charger. None of this is mentioned on the site. But I could by the US model if I wanted for $649. I canceled the order... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

"---------------------------------UPDATE 11/18/13----------------------------------
Today I received a phone call from Fred at DigitalMonster. They are working to resolve the issue and seem very motivated to make it right. I will update again after I receive the item.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reviewer who called this a bait and switch is absolutely correct. I just placed an order for a Canon Rebel T3i and was pleased with the price I paid for it. I realized I had made an error on my email address so called to correct it. The man asked if I was aware that the camera I ordered did not have U.S. settings but everything was in Chinese, has only very short battery life, and the charger included was generic not Canon. Obviously I was not aware of this since it is not in the description! I thought I was buying the camera I have been looking at locally with the same model #. He then began pushing to sell the me camera I *thought* I had been ordering from the beginning for an additional $200. It took 3 times of me telling him I wanted to cancel the order before he stopped trying to sell me the higher priced camera. I will shop locally at a store I can trust.

"So far they have been doing their best to solve all the issues. They seem to care about their customers and what goes around about them online."

"My order when thruogh without a hitch. Thanks DigitalMonster."

"I don't know who the people are giving this bait and switch company 5 stars but they HAVE to be shills. I ordered a Nikon SLR from them listed for $527 , I got a call the next morning from a VERY RUDE salesman named Mike, to tell me it was a "gray market" European model and Nikon won't warrant it. They also said it came with only a generic battery and no US charger. None of this is mentioned on the site. But I could by the US model if I wanted for $749. I canceled the order... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.
10/27/13 I got a call from a supervisor wanting to know what they could do to make my experience better. They offered to send me the US camera for $549. I had already ordered the camera from a different company so I declined. Frank was very good he apologized and said that the original rep would be "spoken to". He then offered to send me a 3yr extended warranty on the camera I bought from the other company free. I said okay that would be good. He then asked me to change my rating to 5 stars. I said I would amend my original rating, but to me a 5 star company does it right the first time.

"Seems they take good care of their customers. Thx to Frank from Digitalmonster."

"I do not recommend this company. I ordered a Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera at an excellent price. The ad did say it was "imported" which should mean nothing as many cameras are. The item was listed as "in stock." After placing the order, I received an email to call the company at a certain extension. When I did, the company rep said that if I wanted the US-made camera, which they actually had in stock, it would be over $100 more; otherwise, I would have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to receive the camera I ordered and the directions and menus would only be in the Chinese language. I cancelled the order due to the argumentative attitude of the customer service person, the attempt to up-sell and the excessive order to delivery time."

"I wanted a new camera. Google came up with DM as the lowest price, after placing the order with DM their customer service called me back that I ordered the European version not the US version. While it wasn't the absolute lowest price on the internet, they did what they could to keep me as a customer. They are real people in the US on the phone. I can understand an US East Coast accent and am always happy to do business with companies that keep it in the states."

"Exactly what I ordered and arrived ahead of schedule."

"Excellent retailer! My item was shipped on the same day it was ordered."

"Very happy and they delivered quick"

""FANTASTIC!!!!

Received product almost before I could "blink my eye"."

"Thank you so much Digitalmonster.com you are the great. I really have been searching for this for a long time at this price and finally i found it. I had searched it on Amazon also, but i can't find at this price. My experience with Digitalmonster has always been very good. It works okay for the price I paid for it, next time I may spend a little more money and upgrade. I would highly recommend it to people that are just getting into the business or to recreational users. Overall good and very informative website."

Digitalmonster.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Digitalmonster.com is not a merchant member
Digitalmonster.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!