Stores > Digital Storm

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.33/10 9.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.22/10 9.22/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.43/10 9.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.96/10 8.96/10

"I placed my order(Digital Storm Bolt3) with a priority build(four days building). Although they said there were parts they didn't have in stock(might be a four more day delay for my order). They still made it in 6 days. I picked up at their headquarter which is also an incredible place. I love my desktop and this is the best desktop I ever had. I would like to purchase again with digital storm next time. Great service and great purchase experience. "

Before i give you my story of my experience with Digital Storm, I will share a bit of my background with computers and other companies and what was the deciding factor that made me go with Digital Storm. My first computer was a Gateway followed by an Alienware Area 51 many many years ago. As the years progressed, i found myself learning more about computers and their components as my curiosity and love for the hobby grew. As of today i have built from scratch 2 computers for my own personal use for which i am very proud of. However, due to time constraints i decided to order one for my clients. Fast forward to the present, you might ask what prompted me to order one from Digital Storm?

I have been tasked with teaching a very important client how to use Windows 7 and navigate the Internet among other things. It goes without saying that this responsibility goes further than just teaching a friend the basics of navigating their way around, as they had entrusted me with complete control of the whole process and given me carte blanche in the purchasing process. Keep in mind that this individual is no spring chicken and will be hitting the mid 80's next year.

After careful research and reading many reviews of companies like Alienware, Dell, and IBUYPOWER just to name a few i decided to take the plunge and go with Digital Storm. This has been the best decision i could have made.

First off- NO OTHER COMPANY gave me the freedom to build my computer EXACTLY LIKE I WANTED. They either wanted to stick me with Windows 10, or if i wanted Windows 7, wanted to force me into using an old i5 configuration (cough, Dell, cough) or water block or any number of things that i did not want. The ONLY company that let me configure it exactly to my specifications, was Digital Storm.

Packaging and Delivery-
One of my biggest fears and probably my greatest was delivery, since they are located in California and I am based in Miami. However, when my Digital Storm Velox arrived, i could not stop grinning from the site of how meticulously wrapped and secure it was. From the tamper proof outside box to the inside air cushions, i would dare to say that Jackie Chan could have been working that day at UPS and i would not have cared. Digital Storm kept me up to date throughout the whole building process from component selection, down to stress test quality assurance and the best part was that i did not have to chase them down for this information. I was kept abreast of the whole process and given many opportunities to have any questions answered during this phase.

Product Outcome-
I can not express how well crafted and beautiful my clients Digital Storm Velox looked. He and his wife were entranced like moths to a flame at the beautiful craftsmanship and quality build. There was no sight of jumbled inside wiring. Just the sweet site of a masterpiece worthy of center piece status and adorning any space inside a house. After connecting all the other components i had purchased I started it right up. The new Skylake processor did not disappoint.

In closing my clients are EXTREMELY happy and their trust in me has grown tenfold thanks to Digital Storm. Don't just take my word for it though. Do the research yourself and you will be hard pressed to go with anyone else. In the world of computer building and customer service, Digital Storm is king and there will be no threat to that crown for a long time.

"Digital Storm has a great system for customer service. I was updated throughout the entire build, test and shipping of my new machine. I would highly recommend Digital Storm to anyone looking to purchase a new computer and would go through them again in the future."

"Just recently ordered our second rig from Digital Storm. We originally purchased a gaming rig from them back in October of 2009 based on reviews we had read online, primarily about the quality of both their machines and their customer service. I can attest to both.
The carrier assigned to deliver the computer actually failed to do so the first time, claiming the package undeliverable and returning it to Digital Storm. I contacted Digital Storm immediately, and they gladly shipped the computer back to me at no cost. It arrived in perfect condition.
This rig saw constant high level gaming use for the next 6 years, rarely being turned off. The excellent documentation and clean installation of all the components made it easy to upgrade the video cards, and even rewire in a new power supply when a windstorm power surge took out the old one. If the motherboard hadn't finally failed just a month ago I'd still be using it.
I didn't hesitate to contact Digital Storm again to order a new gaming machine. The new one (a customized Velox) arrived just last week. It runs cool and quiet, and the interior of the chassis is even more open and clean than my previous machine. The additional cables provided made it a snap to hook up my old TB hard drive for secondary storage. I have recommended Digital Storm to other gaming friends and all have thanked me for pointing them in Digital Storm's direction.
Although their products are priced slightly higher, you absolutely get what you pay for and then some. My Digital Storm machine lasted longer and performed better than any of my previous gaming machines that were comparably priced. We will be ordering a third machine soon, as the old laptop we have needs to be retired. We will absolutely be getting it from Digital Storm.

"I can't say enough good things about Digital Storm. I found the buildout/ordering process to be easy and intuitive. I checked out several other companies and none of their sites compared to the digital storm site. The entire process was seamless, easy and DS provided automated communication that kept me informed of the status of my order every step of the way.

I thought that would be the end of it and then the computer actually arrived. Wow! The care an attention to detail that was taken with my machine was impressive. I'm a perfectionist but this is a case where I can confidently say I couldn't have done it better myself.

You might be able to find an outfit out there that will build you the same machine as DS for less $$ but not a ton. The quality of the experience, product and the confidence shown in providing a 3-year limited warranty up-front with no additional charge (Can't say that for most of the other guys) makes a few extra shekels completely worth it.

I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy my new machine for a long time and I highly recommend you consider DS when the time comes to spec out a new rig.

This review was modified by eldenw28 on November 18 2015 07:54:41 PM

"hi i just got my awesome pc from digital storm
for those of you who want a stress free proccess you should try it out
i am from south carolina and my pc was shipped from california and i got it without any problems
they have good customer service and will answer your questions instantly
i have no regrets on picking them to build my pc

"Amazing company. I contacted Digital Storm to see which one of their products would meet my needs. I expected to be told that I needed the top of the line computer and that I was going to get a huge sales pitch about how I needed to spend thousands of dollars. I didn't get that. Instead they showed me a reasonably priced system, the Vanquish Level 2, which more than met my gaming needs. You get updates as your computer goes through their ordering process. You can tell they really care about producing a quality product and that as a customer you are completely satisfied. They don't care if you spend $10 or $10,000...you get the same amazing customer service. "

This review was modified by WhesWarner on November 17 2015 09:55:01 AM

"I ordered a Digital Storm Desktop 825487 computer, a key board, and a mouse from Digital storm through the internet. I received conformation by email the next day. I called the next day to change shipping address and the person on the phone was very nice and we spoke about the good quality of my purchase.
I bought the computer as a gift for my son, who just got accepted to several colleges. He did all the research on what he wanted and found that Digital Storm had the best computer for his needs. Digital Storm sent a email that it takes about 5 business days for them to do quality testing on all there computers before being shipped. Of course my son could not wait till it came. They finally sent an email after the five days that it past testing and was being shipped.
When it finally arrived my son was quickly set it up and attached it to a 27 inch rounded monitor. He downloaded one of his games and started to play. He said the speed was much faster than had before and he was very happy with his present.
In the future if he was to upgrade his system we would definitely want to contact Digital Storm.

This review was modified by handstand22 on November 16 2015 05:22:01 PM

"Very happy with my new computer. Having a Canadian option for purchasing is great. Good value for the money with the Vanquish system."

This review was modified by Parker78 on November 11 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I had recently bought a vanquish 3 a couple weeks ago, and I was completely satisfied. I bought the computer mainly for gaming and computer programming, and it does both perfectly. I have played CS:GO, Planetside 2, and KSP, and the computer ran all of the games perfectly on maximum settings. The only problem that i had with the computer was the operating system, Windows 10, which is known to have some compatibility issues. Otherwise, I am completely satisfied with their service!"

"Read a lot of great reviews, including on this website. Digital Storm did not disappoint. The computer is a work of art, and I cannot wait to game on it for years to come. The delivered on every aspect. The Customer Service was even nice, when I kept bugging them that it was the 5th business day and they were still testing the machine.

Only downfall is the cooling coil was not attached to the processor when I received it, but I do not blame Digital Storm. They included packaging inside the computer to prevent this, but UPS is brutal with shipping.

Overall I have never had the joy of running Ultimate or Extreme graphics until now. Computer is silent and cool while running hours after gaming.

"Where to begin - very very satisfied with my Digital Storm Vanquish 3. Have been trying to get back into the PC gaming market for years and could never quite afford it as I always assumed I needed to shell out major cash for a PC that could sustain 60fps at 1080p in my games. Went through a period of time where I switched to consoles just because I was tired of never being able to play my games smoothly.

Well, I discovered Digital Storm and that changed everything! I ordered a Vanquish 3 at a very reasonable price and was shocked when I got the rig and got it up and running. This thing performs! 120fps average in Battlefield 3/4 on 1080p. 200+ fps in Counter Strike: GO, 40-60fps in ARMA 3... all these games run on Ultra and 1080p.

Couldn't be happier - Thanks Digital Storm for making a PC so affordable that can run everything I want it to.

"I am very happy with my system and the whole process. They were super helpful and friendly every step of the way!!"

"Digital storm is an awesome company. They do a very good job of testing and checking a pc system before it is shipped out. I'm Verry happy with my desktop pc, an would recommend them to anybody."

"Go to Better Business Bureau website to view 37 complaints in the past 3 years.
In August 2015 I ordered a custom-built computer online from digitalstorm.com. They hit me with a $400 shipping charge for 200 lbs. when in actuality the computer weighed 70 lbs. They grossly padded the shipping charge. The system arrived 5 weeks after ordering. It was missing a rubber pad on one of the legs, making it tipsy. I had to remove the other 3 to level it. Shoddy build quality. It worked for about 20 minutes before the screen went black. I noticed liquid coolant leaking inside onto the graphics card. Before they let me talk to tech support, insisted I text a photo of the leak. When I finally got tech support on the phone, they said leaks happen all the time and for me to just tighten the fittings and mop up the liquid. Not very detailed in their assistance. I found which fitting was leaking myself and luckily I had the right big-sized open-end wrenches to tighten. Computer continually locked up. Completely unusable. I called to request RMA return for full refund and was told I would have to pay shipping and 15% ($400) restocking fee! I told them that's unacceptable, the product never worked. They agreed to waive restocking fee, and did pay return shipping, but continually gave me the run-around about the refund. I had to file a chargeback dispute with my credit card. Digital Storm finally granted the refund, but did keep the 15%. I'm still fighting for my hard-earned money back! Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE: RESPONSE TO ALEX FROM DIGITAL STORM: First of all,why would you expect a customer to pay the return shipping on a defective unit?!? Second, you DID know about the leak because Tammy opened a support ticket the SAME DAY I RECEIVED THE SYSTEM (09-28-2015). Here is the text I copied from the actual support ticket:
The following notes have been created by Digital Storm employee: Tammy.
Created a new unresolved ticket:
Category: Chassis: Misc Issues
Issue(s): Just received system, turned on system monitor to black, Fluid is leaking

Rep reply posted Oct-25-2015

digitalstormonli, Digital Storm rep has responded

“I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not how we would want any customer of ours to feel.

We did issue you a full refund for the PC, but had to deduct return shipping as we provided you with a pre-paid return label. There was a misunderstanding originally because the team was not aware of the leak you had. Anytime a customer receives their order and has any issues with the PC, we offer a full refund window for 30 days.

We're quite proud of our BBB rating, we have retained an A+ for more than a decade. With the thousands of customers we have serviced, a few complaints will always come up, nevertheless, we always take care of them, which is why we still hold their excellent rating.

The $399 shipping rate is actually for freight delivery with a trucking company, which is why it's so expensive. We did extensively test your system before it left our facility and it appears that during transit, the unit must have had a rough ride which caused your liquid cooling system to develop a leak. Liquid cooled systems are very safe, they do not normally leak as we use high-pressure compression fittings, your
situation appears to be one of the rare and I'm very sorry about this.

---------- UPDTE 10/26/2015 ---------
You're right, I have informed our team and we have issued you a refund of the remaining shipping. You should see this posted within the next 2-4 business days. This is not how we should handle situations. I hope in the future, we're able to resolve this via email directly. At any time, please contact me via "Alex@digitalstorm.com"

Share Digital Storm's store rating

Digital Storm is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Digital Storm is a merchant member
Digital Storm participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,682 merchant members.