Stores > Digital Storm

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.28/10 9.28/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.71/10 8.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.28/10 9.28/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.70/10 8.70/10
Voice your opinion! Review Digital Storm by clicking a star below.
2017-03-20

Digital Storm is amazing!

"It all started with my old computer tanking. I was a bit frantic and was unsure of whether I should build a new one or just having one built.

A good friend of mine has a Digital Storm and suggested I get one. I then visited their website. I believe there was a President's Day special going on and I liked the pricing so I ordered a system.

A few hours later I decided I wanted to upgrade some things and called to do so. The Sales Representative was very friendly and facilitated my requests with ease and then we were off and running!

I was put off by the 15-20 business day waiting period. As I stated I was without a computer and it seemed like a long time to wait. However. DS built my system and I had it within 10 business days! And it runs great!

I am beyond happy and easily recommend Digital Storm to anyone that is thinking about getting a gaming system.

This review was modified by Shalimaar on March 22 2017 01:00:01 PM

2017-03-19

Digital Scam will rob you blind!

"Digital Scam, I mean, Storm is horrible! They are horribly expensive, use inferior parts then charge you fees to get your money back! I ordered a system from them, a top of the line one, and when it arrived the first thing I noticed was that one of the hard drive bays was bent, like Leaning Tower of Pisa bent. They told me that easily could have happened in shipping. Right.... I don't buy that one bit. Next, once I began setting my programs up I kept getting Bad_pool_header BSOD crashes. Over and over they would happen so I ran a check disk and found that the hard drive was riddled with errors. I ran a fix, but it couldn't repair them. So, With the BSOD crashes and the hard drive errors I figured I had either bad ram/ mobo that was causing the bad-pool-headers and a bad hard drive. So, needless to say I stuck this crap heap back in the box and started an RMA. This was a pain in the **** to do too. It took forever to get anyone to send me the shipping label. They wanted to troubleshoot it. I told them that they should have made sure it was working before they shipped it here. All over their web page and in all the fluff e-mails they send you they keep saying how they do all this rigorous testing and QA yet the couldn't even spot a bent hard drive bay/Tray?! When I did get the shipping label I mailed it back to them and sent many many emails saying that I wanted a full refund as there was not only damage to the case, but bad hardware. Each reply I got was the same old song and dance, "We'll fix it! It'll be rock solid and working great!" Right, thats what you said I'd get in the first place. Over and over again I told them I wanted my money. Finally I flat out said that if they shipped the thing back to me I would not accept it and would tell the delivery guy to send it back. Eventually they agreed to a refund and that if they didn't find anything wrong with it I'd have to pay a 15% restocking fee and the shipping. Not surprisingly, they magically found the PC to be just fine despite all the BSOD crashes and bad_pool_headers. So I ended up having to eat 500 bucks! I guess they have to make money some way because their systems are crap! Do not order from Digital Scam whatever you do. You can get a great PC from Best Buy online like I did. It had better specs and cost less. They aren't customizable, but they work and if you have issues with it you just have to drive it down to your nearest Best Buy.

UPDATE:
After speaking with Alex, I received a full refund. I am pleased things were set right.

This review was modified by NerdyHermit on March 23 2017 12:15:02 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-20-2017

A rep from Digital Storm, digitalstormonli, has responded

“I'm sorry about your experience. I assure you that the unit did not leave our facility in that condition, our QA team takes photos of all of our PCs before them ship, and I can email you the full report for your review.

It does appear that your system was mishandled in shipping. We do strive to protect our units from mishandling but there's only so much we can do to avoid these rare occurrences.

I understand this has been frustrating to deal with, if you would kindly give us the chance, we would be happy to make things right as we do value your business.

Feel free to reach out to me directly via email "Alex@digitalstorm.com".

-- UPDATE --

I'm more than happy to look into this for you and see if the result of your issues were due to shipping abuse. I do see that when our team checked the unit back from you that we were not able to replicate some of the issues, which is why there was a re-stocking fee.

Let's continue the conversation via email so we can work something about.”

2017-03-17

Digital Storm Bolt 3 !

"This is the 4th Digital Storm system we have in our household and it just gets better every time. As always the forums are filled with the most helpful people. What makes this even more impressive is they are customers as well, not Digital Storm employees, and yet will help with any questions or concerns. By far the best and most friendly forum community I have ever seen. Any questions that the regulars can't answer a Digital Storm Employee such as Alex will reply immediately.

From the minute my order was placed I received emails keeping me in the loop to what phase of building my computer was in and what each phase entailed. My system was built incredibly fast and arrived flawless as always.

The craftmanship and quality is second to none, each PC is a work of art. I cannot recommend Digital Storm strongly enough if you are in the market for a new PC, whether its for casual use, light gaming, or heavy of state of the art 4k gaming/editing.

This review was modified by ansen_moore on March 21 2017 12:15:22 AM

2017-03-14

Easy setup, great price, and very worth the short wait!

"I ordered a Vanquish 5 desktop with a custom setup. On my own, the desktop would have been about the same as I paid if I had ordered the parts and assembled it myself, but I was very concerned about trying to assemble it on my own. The ordering process was very easy, and I could compare different builds with no hassle--weighing my options from the bare necessities to slightly beefed up to a little bit more to the SUPER BEEFY setup. I chose kind of a middle range, and it was worth every penny! They communicated with me every step of the way, and when it arrived to me, I was super excited to get it all set up. I had two brief setbacks, one that the boot disc I'd requested hadn't been included in the box by mistake, and I didn't have the game bundle that my order form said I qualified for. The wait time to speak with a technician (I couldn't decide if it was sales or technical service, so I guessed) was rather long, about 15 minutes, but it was about 3:30 Califorina time, so I assumed they were busy. They got the disc out super fast to me with no hassle at all (even confirming by QA pictures that the disc wasn't in the binder) and got me a bundle that worked great for me. All in all, the best and most hassle-free computer buying experience! I'm so glad my friend suggested these guys to me, I couldn't have asked for a better system for the money."

This review was modified by The-Inquisitor on March 16 2017 07:15:02 PM

Astonishing machine

"The computer I received is one of the best computer I have ever had. It runs every game I own in ultra settings and runs great. Such as forest. Payday 2, and much more. I would definitely recommend this computer since the company takes the time and effort to test and build your computer to the machines highest potential."

This review was modified by Jacksonglassford on March 16 2017 09:45:02 AM

I Feel the Power!

"Wow. I have never bought or even used a PC of this build quality prior to my Vanquish 5 arriving! Excellent hardware, solid construction, and extremely reliable thus far with no defects or damaged hardware.

Great customer service as well, the constant updates provided during the entire build and shipping process were refreshing to see among a sea of other custom PC builders. The DS team really knows how to treat their customers and fix their problems while bringing up potential issues. Major kudos to them, it was impressive to experience coming from a customer service background as well.

This review was modified by stephen_grana on March 16 2017 03:15:02 AM

2017-03-12

Great Product Great Service

"have had my Apollo for over a week and could not be happier. You can go to parts picker and save some $$' but with all the other benefits DS offers- its more than worth the gap in cost. I have spoken to a few regarding their purchase from the key competitor and they were not too happy with the builds they received and the customer service was non existent

DS Customer Service:
-You call and actually get a Human?! Any minor issue has been cleared up within hours either by phone or by email. Minor issues included missing a cd. No big deal
-Stage updates much appreciated
-Received a PHONE CALL, (again a human calling? wow)regarding a question I had posted in an email

Build:
-Very Clean. I looked at the PC I built5 yrs ago and what a difference. wiring
-Overclock stage 2 stable on the i7 770k @ 4.7ghz
-GTX 1070 running fine
-No bloatware
-Had to tighten one screw on the H115I (due to shipping), one core was running a bit hot- but that seems to have solved it. Running 26C and 55C under heavy load playing Wild Lands. Beyond that- no issues whatsoever

Shipping:
-Came undamaged in a sturdy box.
-even had a foam fill in the case to protect the card/cooler
-All unused parts were included
-Neat binder with the cd's and other information- just a nice touch

Thanks DS for keeping me gaming!

This review was modified by gdead65 on March 14 2017 05:30:01 AM

2017-03-08

Where Did U Get That

"After only owning laptops for the past 15 years i wanted to move to a desktop. But i wanted something more powerful and custom. After days of research and finding positive and negative reviews about just about every company, i came across digital storm. I took a chance after reading good things and let me tell u, it was worth all the headaches. After my purchase they updated me threw each step of the build process. I was never lost to as how far along my build was. Any questions i had they answered within the same day. They provided me with a accurate tracking number and when it arrived it was packaged with high quality. I've put it threw the paces over the past week and i'm in love with everything about it. I've had a few friends and even my mother ask me where i got the computer from. I 100% would buy from them again and i would recommend them to anyone looking for a PC that u can customize to fit your style. ...Bonus points to their customer service. The game bundle that came with my pc expired but they happily provided me with a new promotion at no cost. So i got 3 pretty decent games for free!"

This review was modified by alexanderkory on March 10 2017 12:30:01 PM

2017-03-07

Custom built on demand

"I love that you can pick and choose which parts/components combinations. DigitalStorm Customer service is always quick on response times with questions/concerns. They also keep you updated throughout the build. If you're worried about the shipping, don't be. I was beyond surprised and impressed with the shipping materials/box/fillers. My PC arrived right on time and started right up no problem."

This review was modified by stussy2108 on March 09 2017 10:30:02 AM

2017-03-06

Satisfied new customer

"From start to finish, this has been a very easy online shopping experience for me. The site is easy to navigate. I had some issues with my order when first placed the customer service Dept was able to help me immediately I'm very happy with my new desktop. I highly recommend Digital Storm and will absolutely make them my first stop in the future for any new gaming rigs. "

This review was modified by Pcbb97 on March 08 2017 08:30:01 PM

2017-03-04

Awesome!!

"I love my new Digital Storm computer. The process was fast and it was very nice to receive emails about the building / testing process of my new system."

This review was modified by giacomopintus on March 07 2017 12:30:15 AM

2017-02-28

A Good Choice !!!!!

"I bought the Vanquish 5 and am very pleased. I was in need of an expert build. My son had tried to alter our existing computer with a gaming card and destroyed it. He knows better now. I went with Digital Storm as they believe in their product offering longtime support which many companies don't. This is an investment for us. This system runs beautiful. I also like how it is assembled in North America. "

This review was modified by LSam on March 02 2017 07:45:01 AM

2017-02-27

"After researching computer builds on the internet and reading reviews, I decided to have
Ditigal Storm build my next computer. Being a local company, I dealt with them in person, and was impressed with their frendly, knowledgable, and timely service. We decided that a Vanquish level two, would meet my needs, and my budget, so I ordered from them. They kept me updated on each stage of the build, by E-mail, from start to finish, aqnd answered any questions that I had, during the build, and helped me set up the opertating system, programs, ect. for best preformance.
I've had the Vanquish for two weeks, and impressed with the build quality, speed and preformance. It runs anything I throw at it, sliders maxed out, at over a hundred FPS, and does'nt even break a sweat. Fast, powerful , cool to the touch, and quiet.
Thanks to Ditigal Storm, Tammy, Kimberly, and Robert, for a computer that will sevre me for years to come. Anyone in the market for a top notch computer, this is the plaqce to go, for sure. Robert "Moon" Mullins

This review was modified by moonsign on March 01 2017 12:45:01 PM

2017-02-27

Still need A T-shirt

"Very friendly and top of the line company. Very well built and durable computers. I have bought two from them a desktop and laptop and am very satisfied with both. High quality products and a reasonable price that comes with the peace of mind of knowing your Purchase comes with a stress test to know what your rig can handle. Just need to buy a shirt!"

This review was modified by dblakley2012rift on March 01 2017 07:30:02 AM

2017-02-23

Money well spent

"I recently ordered the digital storm Vanquish 5 Level 2. I spent entire days researching the options for prebuilts. I looked at countless websites, reviews and testimonies. It seemed like you could either get relatively cheap but unreliable products or extremely expensive but really reliable ones. Digital storm seemed like it was very high quality and reliable and also pretty cheap, it seemed too obvious a choice. As it turns out, it is.

It was delivered after the minimum of the estimated shipping date. The box was very well packaged and it even came with a complicated looking sponge thingy in the case in order to protect the internal parts during shipping. Nothing was loose and everything is working absolutely fine. No pre-installed mess and the only downside was that it came with windows 10 but so far I am actually pleasantly surprised with the OS. Literally the only problem i can think of is that I didn't seem to receive my game-codes that I was supposed to get for the purchase, but I already send a support ticket and I have no doubt they'll resolve the issue swiftly.

All in all, if you're looking for a prebuilt, I wouldn't look any further. I doubt anyone would deny that Digital Storm is high quality and I'm pretty sure their price is about the lowest it can be without having to have absolutely horrible product quality and service. The build quality is probably about the best you can get (no super amazing processor with horrible graphics card or awful PSU). The case makes it extremely easy to upgrade since it comes off without having to use any tools so making any future upgrades shouldn't be any problems. I'm really happy with it so far and this review is the least I can do to show my appreciation (apart from paying, of course).

This review was modified by Onlywntedtoreviewthis on February 28 2017 12:00:33 AM

Share Digital Storm's store rating

Digital Storm is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Digital Storm is a merchant member
Digital Storm participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,429 merchant members.