Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 9.50/10 1,405 reviews

Digital Storm is a merchant member
    Digital Storm participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • Digital Storm contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.46/10 9.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.58/10 9.58/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10

All 1,412 Customer Reviews

"This is my first gaming PC and I don't have the skills or knowledge to build one myself. I wanted to buy a gaming desktop that wouldn't be too expensive. I did some research and played around with different options on websites like iBuypower and Cybertron before someone recommended Digital Storm. Their Level 4 Vanquish II model had the same specs I had in mind, but the price was lower and had the promise of 3 days of testing really won me over. I am happy to write this review for them because I have been very satisfied and impressed with the quality of the product and speed of shipping. "

Wigriff's Avatar
Carbondale, Il

"If you’re looking for reviews to find out if you should order from Digital Storm, the answer is overwhelmingly “yes.” If you need more reasons as to why you should order from Digital Storm, please continue reading.

About a year prior to this purchase I started looking into replacing my PC. Initially I thought I was going to build my own – something I have experience with – because for years that has been the de facto answer when recommending the best bang-for-the-buck for a new gaming computer. Then I read a Forbes article on how Digital Storm was challenging the conventional wisdom with their Vanquish II line of computers. The article said that, for roughly the same price that you can build your own, Digital Storm will ship you a custom built gaming rig, set up, tuned, and ready to game – all with a killer warranty.

I began researching Digital Storm as a company, much like you probably are now, and their excellent reputation more than preceded them. This isn’t some shady, online budget PC reseller; Digital Storm has a well-earned and loyal fan-base because they build quality products and treat their customers well.

But what about the claims of their Vanquish line being as good of a deal as building yourself? Before purchasing, I headed over to sites like Newegg in order to see if I could, indeed, do better for the money, and I honestly couldn’t. Sure, I might be able to get similar specs for maybe $50 less, but then I would have to have all the parts shipped separately, mess with pasting, and assembly, and memory clocking… and then if something goes wrong, I’d have to worry about whether or not the warranty covered it and return shipping. Saving $50 or less isn’t worth it, in my humble opinion, when Digital Storm expertly installs, configures, and stress tests your machine, all before sending it out to you with a protection warranty.

In total, I followed Digital Storm and did my research for a solid year before deciding to order my Vanquish II Level 4, and in all that time I didn’t find a better deal. I ordered on the morning of Friday, April 4th, 2014, and my computer arrived at my doorstep on April 10th, the following Thursday, using the standard-level ground shipping. You should look up Digital Storm “unboxing” videos on YouTube to see for yourself, but Digital Storm seriously packs their products for protection. I was initially concerned about having such an expensive computer shipped through the mail, but there was nary a scratch on it when it arrived because of all the insulating measures taken before shipping.

The Vanquish II is immediately eye-catching, coming contained in a sleek, grey Corsair case. The Vanquish case is windowed, with front-mounted, blue case fans illuminating the components inside. The wiring is expertly and carefully tied and concealed, and overall this is one of the cleanest installs I have ever seen. The case is vented on the top, which is great for cooling, but could be a problem with dust buildup, so I’d recommend a case cover when not in use.

The fans are quiet, even when gaming, and I was running The Witcher 2 (one of the most demanding PC games you can run) on ultra settings (sans Übersampling), at 1080p, and never fell below 60fps. I also decided to heavily mod Skyrim, using the highest quality 2K and 4K textures, water, snow, and flora overhauls, and an ENB lighting engine. Here is a link to what it ended up looking like, and my computer ran it like a champ:

You have to admit, that’s both gorgeous and impressive.

I’m not much of a fps gamer, so I haven’t tried anything like Battlefield 4 on it, but I don’t suspect anyone is going to have a problem running games like that on the highest settings above 60fps. Anything I’ve thrown at my Vanquish II so far has run like a dream, and looked absolutely spectacular.

My particular model (The Vanquish II Level 4) came with a Intel Core i5 4570 CPU, 8GB of DDR3 clocked at 1600MHz, a 120GB Corsair Neutron GTX solid state drive, a 1TB standard HDD at 7200rpm, Zalman CPU Cooler, 600w Corsair CX PSU, and a beefy Nvidia GTX 770 2GB graphics card. Digital Storm also doesn’t install any bloat-ware whatsoever, so you will have a clean install of Windows 8.1 Ultra 64bit on your SSD. Those specs aren’t anything to sneeze at, especially for the price.

Digital Storm will build you a computer as powerful as you want though. I went with the Vanquish because it was in my budget and suited my needs. Countless customers I saw on the forums, however, went with their Bolt, Ode, or Aventum II lines, with much bigger budgets, and much more powerful. They will go as powerful and complex as you want them to go, and all of the models come with the excellent reputation Digital Storm brings.

If you’re just looking for an affordable gaming PC in the $800 to $1400 price range, however, you can’t go wrong with a Digital Storm Vanquish. You can’t do much better for the price, even if you build it yourself, and the experts at Digital Storm will carefully build and test your new computer, and will cover it for years with their excellent warranty and reputable customer service. You’ll get a gaming PC that won’t break the bank, and you won’t be busting your knuckles installing components. It’s a win-win situation, and I couldn’t be happier, and I will definitely be a repeat customer.

"Honestly the best computer system I've ever bought. Staff is very very very friendly and helpful. I'm just stunned from the great quality of the computer and low price. Thank you so much digital storm and I highly recommend you go with them for your next gaming pc!"

"This was my first experience using a company other than the major computer manufactures. Digital Storm's website was easy to navigate making building my system easy. After the purchase...Digital Storm sent emails at each stage of the build. Very nice!! Great care was taken for the packaging of the computer. Again very nice!!! I have been blown away with the quality of the build. I will definitely use Digital Storm again for building my workstations!!! "

"New time buying from Digital Storm "DS" so I was nervous when buying a new G-Sync Monitor. But the costumer support and even the forums is very active and it put an ease for a first time buyer like myself. Most defiantly buy from these guys again. "

Rating 8/104/5

"Purchased a Digigtal Storm for my 13 year old son who originally wanted to build his own computer. I told him to look around first before we take on that project. He found Digital Storm and doing some research decided to make the purchase. Process was quick simple and they keep you up on each step of the process. No phone calls needed, just smooth delivery and processing. When it arrived my son was excited and once it was fired up (matter of minutes) it was awesome. He has not been off it since. Don's waste time and energy, go with these guys period."

"Purchased a computer on a Friday and received it the following week, pretty fast and flawless. Very happy with the quality of the build and all the packaging. Pricing is very competitive and I will order from DigitalStorm again."

"I randomly came upon this website when I was looking for a good place to buy a PC from, and something that had higher specs than if I were to just go to a store. I recognized the name of the website like I had seen it before, and also read good reviews on it. Everything was laid out in an easy to read format so I knew exactly what I would be getting. The arrival shipment date came right on time and it was packaged very nice. Overall I was very happy with how everything worked out and I would recommend this website to anyone that is looking for the same."

"These guys are awesome!!! My comp Shipped in 24 hours and came a day early!! Its super fast, super sexy, and just all around bad ass!!! Now its time to start saving for my next DigitalStorm puter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Digital Storm does a great job organizing their pricing structure and computer setup, so it is easy to follow and understand exactly what you are getting at each price point. The order was completed quickly and the system has worked wonderfully since it arrived. I will buy every future system from Digital Storm and I highly recommend their product. I also got a free T-shirt. It's pretty snappy."

"This is my second gaming computer from Digital Storm. My first computer from Digital Storm was ordered over three years ago. It is still going strong and has never had an issue! I have handed it down to my daughter because I just purchased my second computer from Digital Storm last month.

Digital Storm builds quality rigs with quality components. They are masterfully assembled with care and quality tested. Their shipping and packaging is top rate. They provide you with email messages with status updates during their build process!

They build your rig how you want it. I requested some specific build requirements for fan placements when I ordered my computer. They followed my instructions to the letter. When your computer arrives, it is packaged superbly. Any parts and extra cables that were not required for your specific build are included in nifty boxes still in their sealed packages! You get a very nice binder with your build layout and a certificate of quality check. You also receive hardcopy manuals, and the original DVD/CD's of your operating system, drivers, and software. Excellent!

I have researched many gaming computer companies from the known brand names to the obscure. Digital Storm is the only gaming computer company I trust because they have a proven track record with excellent support. Be very leery of some of their competitors with those flashy print ads! You'll get what you pay for!

Digital Storm is rated A+ in my book. You can trust them!

"This is the first prebuilt computer I have purchased in many years. I was in the market for new system and compared various boutique builders vs building my own. Bang for the buck, Digital Storm was the clear winner.
The system I purchased was well put together with name brand components. The packing was some of the best Ive seen and the shipping was as promised.

All in all I would, and have, recommended Digital Storm to friends that are in the market.

"This is the second time I am buying my computer from Digital Storm.
The first time was almost four years ago when I decided to finally stop building my own gaming rigs and let someone else do the heavy lifting for me.

The result was a superbly built computer (to a degree I could not achieve by myself) that has remained stable and FAST until today!
I did not have to format this computer even once in four years, which to me is a sign of outstanding quality.

I just received my second gaming beast from Digital Storm last week and could not be happier.
The computer is beautifully built and extremely fast.

Customer service and sales are amazing, very attentive and follow-up on every item.

Overall I found the experience working with Digital Storm, yet again, great from start to finish.

Sorry, have to go and play BF4 now ;-)

"I don't write reviews as a practice, but the Digital Storm computer that I have recently purchased is one of the better decisions I have made in memory. Even though the old computer was getting a bit long in the tooth, slow and just plain outdated, it was still functional. I was in no hurry to run to the first shiny object I found in the sand. After 6 months (or longer) of researching everything from big 'brands' to DIY to a dozen boutique builders, I purchased the Digital Storm Vanquish II Ultimate. This computer is a budget beating beast. Entry level computer with top of the line components. Everything from ordering to pickup went flawlessly. The Customer Service is excellent... from Mike in sales to the guys in the back at Will Call. The forums on their site are full of very knowledgeable and friendly folks who only want you to have a great experience with your rig. Emails directly to the company were answered clearly and quickly, advice on the build, pricing structures, discounts, everything was top notch. Really, I couldn't be happier with a purchase than I am with this machine.

I have recommended DS to friends and family and told them, without fear of contradiction, that this is one of the best computer builders anywhere. Knowledgeable, caring and dedicated.

"The salesman on the phone clearly directed me through the internet site with options i had overlooked. Helped to save me money on a purchase of top quality without over buying options that would be on no use to the purpose of this unit. Would definitely shop here again. "