Stores > Digital Storm

Customer service: Rating 9.25/10 9.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.88/10 8.88/10
2017-01-16

A first class experience

"This is the first time that I have ever purchased a computer this way. I normally build my own. I have had my eye on a Digital Storm system for some time now and I have not been disappointed. I love the whole process from concept to delivery. "

This review was modified by cranebale on January 18 2017 12:30:01 AM

2017-01-14

Engineering great, customer service fell flat

"I ordered my computer before the holiday rush, so a minor delay was expected. The tower came on time and worked amazingly. I am very happy with it. I had also purchased a new monitor, with hopes the package would be delivered at the same time. I had an email the day the computer was sent that the monitor would be delayed by up to 5 business days after the computer arrived.

After waiting 6 business days I decided to both email and call to get a tracking number. The monitor had not been sent, and the tracking number had started the same day I called. I needed the monitor the next day, so the solution the person on the phone and I had was that I go buy a new monitor from a competitor and then return it when this one arrived.

I am glad I decided to call. I waited the additional 5 business days for the monitor to be arrive, and it was once again delayed en route. It has been over 6 weeks since ordering the computer and I still don't have the monitor. I haven't had anyone reach out to me to apologize or try and keep me happy to be a returning customer.

Overall, customer service seems t to be a little lacking. I gave 2 stars because the tower seems to be in working form and what I ordered. But I suppose a working machine should be expected when buying brand new.

This review was modified by ThisIsRan on January 17 2017 12:02:52 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-16-2017

A rep from Digital Storm, digitalstormonli, has responded

“We're sorry about the delay regarding the monitor, having a great PC and no monitor does put a damper on the whole experience. The holiday season was a tough time since we were quite backlogged in various areas, however it has been a learning lesson for us.

I hope you are now enjoying your PC, if you have any other questions or issues, feel free to contact me directly via email (Alex@digitalstorm.com).

- Alex”

2017-01-13

Digital Storm Apollo

"I just purchased my 3rd Digital Storm gaming PC. I keep coming back so they must be doing something right. I've only had the computer a couple of weeks but so far I am very pleased with the build quality and performance. I would definitely recommend them. "

This review was modified by ericrmply on January 17 2017 12:02:11 AM

2017-01-11

Thanks Digital Storm!!

"Just got my new gamming pc and I'm impressed!! When I upgrade in the future you bet I'll be going to these guys thanks Digital Storm!!!"

This review was modified by tyler_laursen on January 13 2017 12:45:01 AM

2017-01-10

A gamer's dream rig!

"We purchased a customized Apollo machine for our son for Christmas (though he had to pay for part of it himself mind you). After 2 disappointing years with an Alien Laptop being unable to play games at a useful speed and being unable to upgrade... we decided it was time for a desk rig.

The size of the machine took us by surprise (it's huge!) but it also looks as amazing and it runs pretty much anything you could want to run, even over the wifi. A wire had come loose on delivery and it wouldn't boot up, but the tech support got right back to use and walked us through a quick fix. Available support is exactly why we chose to go with Digital Storm rather than build our own. Very pleased.

2017-01-09

Customer Service Deserves 6 stars! PCs are merely Indestructible

"This the second PC I've purchased from Digital Storm, the first one I bought in 2007 and it's still going strong, but it only has 2 MB of RAM and it runs Windows XP, so it's time to upgrade just to keep up with new software not because my PC wore out. As good as Digital Storm's computers are, they are surpassed by DS's customer service. The technical support staff are relentless in solving problems, even if it takes literally hours to do so which they did recently when I got all tangled up trying to load Windows onto my second hard drive. "

2017-01-05

Awesome Experience!

"I purchased a computer from Digital Storm and could not be more pleased. They kept me informed throughout the building process which was great because my son was very anxious about when the computer would arrive. We received the computer on schedule and my son could not be happier with it. Thanks DigitalStorm for the excellent buying and customer service experience!"

2017-01-04

Great Experience!

"I bought a gaming computer for my son for xmas through Digital Storm. I found them on a google search on the Internet. They were extremely helpful and professional. They went above and beyond my expectations by providing me with email updates at ever stage of the build, test, and delivery. I was very impressed. I couldn't find a code for some software once it arrived and they responded right away and sorted it out for me. I hope this is the last computer my son ever needs, aside form upgrading, but I would highly recommend Digital Storm to anyone wanting to build a gaming computer! Great Customer service, quality and workmanship. Thank you!"

This review was modified by Gamermom00 on January 04 2017 06:16:29 AM

2017-01-03

Awesome Digital Storm Apollo

"I am very excited and pleased with my DigitalStorm Apollo. The DigitalStorm sales staff was very helpful in determining which machine would best meet my needs. The computer arrived and turned on without any problems. I was able to track my order online to determine where in the build process it was located. I would definitely use DigitalStorm for upgrades and or my next computer."

2016-12-31

Not my first Digital Storm PC

"The first PC I purchased from Digital Storm lasted maybe 10 years. Had a couple things that needed replaced over that time, a video card and a hard drive to be exact. But over a ten year life span that is to be expected.

When the old PC finally got so it didn't want to start any more I knew where to get a replacement. Got online at Digital Storm, configured what I wanted within my price range and completed the order. I ended up calling to make a change which they did without trouble.

Had one glitch when I got it, PC would not download windows updates. Called tech support, got a very helpful person in short order, solved the problem quickly.

This thing is amazingly fast, does everything I need it to do and handles my games effortlessly.

2016-12-30

Poor Customer Service

"I ordered a new PC on Black Friday and it took longer than expected to ship. I was told it was due to the fact they were just busy but production updates were not consistent. It arrived on 12/23/2016 and suffered some minor damage in shipping. Essentially the drive cage for the case was damaged. The BIOS drive boot order was also incorrect-it was set to boot to a data drive for some reason. I immediately entered a support request on the DS website. I heard nothing back by 121/26/26 so I responded to my customer service survey that I was dissatisfied. Alex responded and said a ticket had been created and I should hear something soon, As of 12/30/2016, I've heard nothing so I called DS support. after 10 minutes on hold, the system told me they had too long of a wait cue and disconnected me.

I should tell you that this is my second DS system since 2011 and this experience is the exact opposite of my previous one. MY previous experience was why I ordered from DS for a second time. Something has happened that they no longer value high quality customer service.

I strongly urge you to purchase your next gaming PC from someone other than Digital Storm!

This review was modified by Irishs on December 30 2016 09:20:44 AM
Rep reply posted Dec-30-2016

A rep from Digital Storm, digitalstormonli, has responded

“We're sorry to hear about the way you feel with your experience, that is not how we would like our customers to feel.

I'm surprised to hear that you have not received a message back from our team yet. I do agree that we have been very busy during the last 1-2 weeks of Christmas due to the holiday season, but we are learning from this experience to ensure we are better prepared next time.

It's truly unfortunate the unit arrived with some shipping damage, we do take extra measures to protect our customer's systems.

I would like to get everything resolved and make things right, can you please contact me directly again via email "Alex@digitalstorm.com"?

The order number you have provided on this site isn't your order, or else I would have reached out directly now.”

2016-12-29

When only the VERY BEST will EVER DO!

"This happens to be my second over all purchase with Digital Storm, and just like my very first purchase, nothing but the VERY BEST from Digital Storm. Everything from their website and it's ease of use to their constant up dates on my computer being built. Top notch all the way!

If your looking for a computer system for any type of computing, your one and only stop should be the wonderful folks at Digital Storm...period!

This review was modified by Weilder on December 29 2016 11:39:13 AM

Ukiah, CA
2016-12-29

Excellent System, Excellent Service

"I bought a system from Digital Storm in November. It arrived on time and in complete working condition as ordered. I had one minor question about it and when I called I waited on hold for about 2 seconds before someone answered. The tech support person who answered was very knowledgeable and helpful and explained what I needed to know. They did a great job packing my system for shipment too.

Since then, I have been using my system daily. I'm really pleased with it. I particularly like that they have tech support on weekends!

2016-12-27

Easily 5 star

"I received step by step emails from ordering, putting it together, parts being tested, and to delivery . Ordered pretty close to Christmas and was able to gift it Christmas morning."

This review was modified by Supereval on December 27 2016 11:25:31 AM

2016-12-27

PC GURUS

"I got tired of ordering a new computer from Dell every few years because of compatibility issues and just plain older equipment not upgradable. With recommendations and reviews and shopping on their site I found customer service and tech support very helpful. I'm not a gamer but now I'm in the game and will be for years to come. Remember you get what you pay for. DIGITAL STORM came through with flying colors and then some."

Share Digital Storm's store rating

Digital Storm is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Digital Storm is a merchant member
Digital Storm participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.