• Address: 47811 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.65/10 9.65/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.53/10 9.53/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.59/10 9.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10

"I ordered my Vanquish Level 3 on August 27, and i got to say i am very happy. The shipping was fast, the price was right, and the rig runs amazing. Digital Storm in my opinion is the best custom computer maker in the business. You can't go wrong with a Digital Storm computer."

"I purchased my new gaming pc ( Vanquish 2 ) and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. Quiet, powerful and allows me to run all pc games on ultra with 80-90 frames per second while downloading or streaming. Best purchase you will make. "

"I speced and purchased a computer from Digital Storm at the strong recommendation of a coworker. The pricing was fair for the specs I put in and the order process was quite smooth. When the machine arrived it was badly damaged (missing a leg, several dents, front panel did not fit flush). At this point I contacted digitalstorm customer service and they facilitated a RMA process. It took about two months to get my machine from them (due to the shipping and other schedules). When I finally did get the RMA'd machine, the shipping was excellent and there were zero issues. I would recommend them again, if not only for the great build, but also for the excellent customer support. They took the time to ensure that I received exactly what I ordered in pristine condition."

"I bought one of the new Javelin Laptops from Digital Storm and it really outshines what I expected. Everything is meticulously done and doesn't come with any bloatware. There was an issue with the video card I wanted but they resolved it very quickly and shipped fast. Everything came in great condition and even from California showed up really quick. Would definitely recommend."

"I really enjoy the Desktop that I've bought. It is a Vanquish II and it's at a good price for what I got. The Computer runs fast and the games that I play run smooth."

"DS kept me up to speed every step of the way in the process of the build. When it got done a lot faster than the time stated, I contacted customer service and they were very helpful in holding the ship date to guarantee that it arrived when I was home.

Overall it was a very good experience and I will be a returning customer.

"I've been wanting to upgrade my computer for a while now, and was going to build one from scratch. I remembered an article that I read a while back about Digital Storm, and was impressed on what the company did. So I decided to consider purchasing a pre-built. After seeing the performance of the PC I was considering on Youtube, the price they where offering it at, and also reading that they are A+ certified by the BBB, I made my decision. I'm ecstatic I did, I LOVE this machine. The fact that I have lifetime tech support, and a warranty to boot is great. I admit that not building my machine from scratch still kinda hurts. I miss the satisfaction of powering on a computer that I've worked on step by step, and fiddling with it, but truly, all the positives of buying this machine is a good trade off."

"Really did not know what to expect. Dropping $1,500 (Vanquish II Lvl 4, Acer 1080p Monitor, and high performance mouse/keyboard combo) is daunting. However, I could not have asked for a better experience with Digital Storm. Starting with the friendly and helpful DS forum. Everyone on there will help you before, during, and after your purchase. You literally can ask anything and someone will have an answer within hours. The packaging was superb. Absolutely nothing wrong with anything after shipment from California to Arkansas. Finally, the actual hardware and quality of work is outstanding. Plus, what is not to like about a lifetime warranty? Truly a fantastic experience. Would recommend this company 1000 times over.

***Now be aware that you can possibly build your own for cheaper. That is obvious. However, if you are looking at this company you are obviously like me and would rather have someone else do it and be held responsible for the lifetime of the product. Easily worth the extra in my book, but keep that in mind when reading this. They have to make money and I understand that. Some people do not.

"I have been out of the computer gaming world for over 8 months due to Real life reasons of my own choosing, and only recently have I been back on the hunt for a new mobile gaming solution. I have built my desktops in the past but knew I wanted to start off with a new gaming laptop. I started doing research all over the internet looking for a new 15 inch sized rig. I hadnt heard of DS before I spoke with one of my long time friends that told me they had bolt one of their compact desktops the Bolt I last year. He couldnt say enough about how much he thought of the company, both in quality of construction but most importantly in customer service and overal care for customer wellbeing and happiness. After about 2 months worth of research, I decided to place my order for their 15 inch Lance gaming laptop with the GTX 880M in it. I received it last week the 27th and so far I am absolutely in love. I understand that these are essentially rebranded Sager 8528-S's but the reason why I went with DS was because of their incredible response time to my inquiries and because of their overall reputation, which I found to be outstanding through my research.

This computer is incredibly powerful and can run anything I through at it in extreme graphics mode without breaking a sweat. The little extra money I paid in order to get their customer service and quality control was money well spent, not to mention their standard 3 year warranty which other companies make you pay extra for.

I am one absolutely satisfied customer and am hard pressed to consider buying a desktop from them this time around rather than building. Thank you DS, you all have gained yourself ANOTHER loyal customer for years to come,

Nick

"Over a month ago I ordered online a $20,000 dream system from these people. After a week of processing fax requests for credit card paperwork and downgrading the spec to what they could do. I got the first five "quality control" emails all within a minute of each other saying it had been built and passed all its tests. 2 weeks goes by and nothing. During these two weeks I make 3 phone calls to find out what the problem is. They tell me it wasn't able to do the clock speed promised. I then emailed a survey response outlining my frustrations. Another week goes by, nothing so I write again and they say Oh it shipped it will be there today. No one told me. When it got here I start to open it and the coolant from the "hydrolux" cooling system is sprinkled all over the interior of the packaging. I phone them and they say I can't authorize its return, I ask for a manager, no one is available. This was two hours ago I am still waiting a call back>>>>> "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-04-2014

digitalstormonli, Digital Storm rep has responded

“simong1,

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that this situation has cased you. I completely understand the level of frustration you must have felt. I assure you that this is definitely NOT how we would want any new customer to receive their new computer.

When your system left our facility, it was in pristine condition, however during transit to you from our facility to you in Canada, it appears that it has had a bumpy ride that has dislodged a connection in the cooling system, causing you to receive the system with leaks. If you would like, I am more than happy to provide you with photos for your review that our QA team has taken.

In regards to the changes we were suggesting to your system, we wanted to ensure you received a fully stable unit, and overclocking it to certain levels based on other components inside your computer did not make us feel fully confident in the long-term reliability of the unit. We actually ended up bringing the overall cost of the system down in your best interests.

Moving forward, I do see that our team has reviewed the images you have sent of the damages and we have processed a return service request. We will do our very best to take care of you and the situation and get you a working unit as quickly as possible.

Please, feel free to contact me at any time and I will be more than happy to help. My email address is: Alex@digitalstormonline.com

Sincerely,
Alex
Alex@digitalstormonline.com”

"I purchased a customized Virtue 2 (level 4) recently and I couldn't be happier so far. Right out the box, I knew I bought a professionally crafted product. My computer arrived safe and undamaged thanks to their unique shipping packaging so everything is in working order. The performance of the machine has been living up to my expectations and then some. Before buying from Digital Storm, I looked at every other competitor on the market and none of them could match Digital Storm's level of quality and reasonable prices. They have a customer for life."

""Model: Virtue, i5 4790K 3.5GHz (overclocked to 4.2GHz), 8GB RAM 1866MHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB

I was debating on getting a computer or building a computer and figured if were able to get a good gaming computer then it should be a good computer for productivity also. I did a search and found that the Vanquish II from digital storm was a good deal, but then I saw that if I added more money I could get a system that would be upgradeable for a longer period. That is how I chose the Virtue Level 2.

Compared to my previous HP computer that I originally purchased in 2006 and upgraded along the way it is an eon’s better user experience. Though it was estimated to take 10-15 days (versus the 3 days for the Virtue) it went through checks quicker. I did open up the case to find that one of the cables had loosened so that the usb3 ports were not recognized, but it was an easy fix and I would definitely purchase another.

"I am extremely satisfied w/ DS. Prior to making my purchase, they answered all of my customer service and technical questions quickly and thoroughly. I found their prices extremely competitive and the customization options are great!

After ordering my DS computer, I received detailed emails regularly informing me of the status of my order. When my rig arrived, it was up and running in less than 5 minutes. The DS team also did an excellent job packaging my computer, including padding inside the case to prevent internal components from getting jostled.

Since the day I got my DS rig in the mail, it has been running like a dream. I don't think I will ever buy another off-the-shelf product again.

"Unbelievable! This is my 3rd DS (one desktop and one laptop prior to this) and they continue to be fantastic! I got my computer (a new desktop) much earlier than originally promised. After I got it, I wanted more memory and a hot swap ssd unit. They sent it to me right away and tech support was great in assisting me.
I absolutely love my new desktop...I got the slade and it is awesome.
Thank you DS...I will keep coming back for my computer needs!
craig.i.ghelfi@gmail.com

"Bought the cheapest one they have (daughter in college kept me poor) but I love my DS computer. Ordered on 8/15/2014, received 8/25/2014.

I would take off *at most* a half star only because I could not get in touch with tech and no return phone call from them prior to me finding out the HDD cable was not connected (this cable is hidden quite well, fwiw, and I missed it upon my initial inspection).

I checked the "Did Digital Storm ask you to write this review?" block even though I was going to write a review regardless. I hope that doesn't count against them in any way, shape or form.

ResellerRatings is how I found Digital Storm after much deliberation and comparison shopping to quite a few other boutique computer sites. The search also included the last one I had built from computerlx.com, which I've been happy with for several years.

Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend to friends.

Digital Storm is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Digital Storm is a merchant member
Digital Storm participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,848 merchant members.