• Digital Storm Digital Storm Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.15/10 9.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.40/10 9.40/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"I am an avid gamer, but unfortunately one with a budget. I only buy new systems every 4-5 years, and occasionally sneak in upgrades for the current system in the interim. My old PC had reached the limits of its upgradeability, and I began looking for a new PC back in March.

As I intended on moving over some of the old components, my first priority was finding an option that would let me buy a new PC, but only with the things I needed. Digital Storm's custom PC builder blew away competition here for me, as it was very easy and intuitive to use as well as informative about every component in the list. I had some minor issue here, however, where one of the items I selected and paid for was not actually in stock (the OS, specifically), but DS' customer service informed me promptly and I was able to get it changed and have the difference in value refunded to me immediately, so "no harm, no foul" there.

The new system arrived on time and in perfect condition. I was able to move over my salvage-worthy pieces and install the hardware without difficulty, and had everything up and running that same day. Since then it has been performing flawlessly and far better than my old computer. I fully intend to use Digital Storm in the future as my go-to site for future computer purchases.

"Extremely excellent service. Year after frustrating year buying PC's from other vendors had left me jaded to the process of purchasing a new machine, and building my own machine was never an option as I am more an artsy type. In came Digital Storm like a breath of fresh air. The machine works far better than expected, and shipping length was not a problem given the large amount of system checks performed. Their customer service was prompt and polite, quickly updating me on any questions I had during the process."

"I work in IT and have been an avid gaming enthusiast for over 20 years. I have built several gaming systems myself and have had no issues with the systems I put together, but I wanted to try something different and have a reputable place build it for me this time.

I spent a week or so doing research on the best pieces of hardware that exist today for gaming. This included the best case, motherboard, CPU and cooling system, memory, video card, hard drives, etc. Once I finally got all the pieces together that I wanted, I started looking around at the top companies to see what they offered.

My first stop was Alienware. Nice systems, but they were pricey and did not offer every component I had researched. I went to the next business, CYBERPOWERPC. Again, they had most of the components that I was looking for, but not all. I only update my work/gaming rig every 5-6 years, so I need to pick out a system that is going to be cutting edge to stay useful and be able to run the games/software that I need.

I went through several other companies, but finally came to Digital Storm. I checked their reviews and they were stellar. I went to their online system builder and was surprised to find they offered every single cutting edge component that I wanted in my dream system. I saved my build and went back to the other companies. I was getting a cheaper system with better components than the other places I had previously visited!

In addition, I get LIFETIME technical support and a 3 year warranty. How could I say no? I placed my order. Every phase of the build was communicated to me via Email. Normally with businesses I deal with, I am constantly calling them asking for updates. Not so with Digital Storm!

After all the stress testing was performed on the system and it was sent, the day arrived. I finally got the PC. The box was very carefully packaged and they even included internal packaging to prevent the video card from shifting during transport so nothing would get damaged.

They even included an owners book. Inside it had the Certificate of Ownership, all the paperwork going over the build, and some informational sheets that were unique to my build on what to watch for, troubleshooting and how to care for my system. The last page of this book had - OMG - actual CD's of the software I purchased if I ever needed to rebuild the PC myself. They didn't do a "restore partition" like so many other places do!

Digital Storm is Top Notch! This is coming from an IT geek who does this for a living. Take my word for it, you won't be disappointed. And no.....I am not getting paid to say this nor do I work for their company. I am just a very satisfied customer!

"Well Ill start of by saying, the experience in getting with my new eclipse had been amazing. The quality of my computer is great. And the customer service I received was also great. Especially since Im in the military, the repersentive that was helping was very nice and understandable of my situation. And the price for the computer were awesome. Unfortunately beening in the military we don&t get paid a hole lot and I was happy to see there were great price for highend computer. Thanks so much for my amazing computer and Ive had a lot of my friends buy digital storm products as well. Thanks again for the amazing support and product. ????"

"The computer I ordered was the Vanquish II Level 3.. and let me say, this computer is AWESOME. It's my first gaming computer, and it runs so smoothly!! I haven't played any giant games on it yet, like battlefield 4, or Bioshock, But I've been playing tons of source engine games, and run all of them on max (of course.) The CPU and RAM can handle a lot, as I can stream from OBS, Run Firefox, run spotify, and a game on max settings for hours and hours. I love this computer!"

"Great product and fast customer support. "

"my son was looking for a good gaming computer that he could also use for CADD and graphics programs. Found this. Several models so we could find a good one for the budget. options to customize to your needs. Shipping was pretty quick. computer working great. my son loves it."

"Digital Storm makes great computers if nothing ever breaks. But as soon as something breaks you will get the worst customer support possible. I encountered my issue in November of 2014 and didn't get it resolved until March 2015 because of the poor response time and the lack of priority their customers garner. I could write a three page paper on why I was disappointed, you could actually check their Facebook reviews for exactly that, but the short issue of the matter is that they just don't care. They build amazing machines but they need to bring their customer service up from the bowels of hell it currently resides. I'm praying that my system doesn't break again because I would do anything to avoid working with their customer service."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-12-2015

digitalstormonli, Digital Storm rep has responded

“We’re very sorry to hear about your experience and completely understand why you feel disappointed. We assure you that we do value your business and want to take care of your concerns. We were going through growing pains that did not allow us to be the best we could for our customers. Servicing our customers is always going to remain a priority for us. If you run into any more issues or need help, please contact us directly by emailing Management@digitalstormonline.com

Regards,
Alex”

"Great product! My brother bought a computer from digital storm a few years ago and I've been jealous ever since. Now the tables have turned I finally got a computer from Digital Storm to call my own. I was very impressed with the product and its delivery. I got my computer within three days of when I ordered it and I was so excited I set it up right when I got home. The PC has run flawlessly it was worth ever dollar. I will be buying by future computers from Digital Storm. They have more than earned my money with the product they make."

"I have purchased two PCs from Digital Storm, and it has been a great experience every time. Unlike their cheaper competitors I have never had a technical problem with a DS system.

Their machines are beautifully put together, and a joy to use. Whenever I have had a question or wanted help with a technical consideration I've received prompt and on point replies from their support.

Highly recommend.

"Excellent choice, 5 Stars! as an engineer and a flight simulator enthusiast , my product ( Velox ) , delivery and the customer experience was superb!, .. one of the best desktop I have owned and the best for gaming experience. I highly recommend Digital Storm for your professional or gaming experience in computers."

"There is always some anxiety when making an on line purchase. Are the reviews real and accurate? Making an investment of this size is a big deal. Digital Storm made me feel like I made the right decision. Product selection is outstanding. The components are top quality recognizable products. The ordering system is clear and easy. There are so many ways to have your questions answered. Want to talk to someone, a person answers. Maybe an on line chat is your style, they respond right away. My set up questions were answered by one of their many videos. Watch the video, problem solved. This company makes you feel like they really do care about your experience with them. I look forward to working with them in the future. No more shopping around, Digital Storm will be my choice."

"I have to say that Digital Storm more than met my expectations. I decided to purchase a customized Apollo, and could not be happier with my decision. The customization was easy, as well as using the website to configure my build. I was impressed by the email notifications at each stage of completion for my PC. I liked being kept in the loop during my PC's creation and testing. I even had great customer service via phone when I indicated I needed a shipping request. That request was met with flying colors. What really impressed me most was that the PC was packed very well, and after unpacking, it fired up without incident on the very first push of the power button. In my case, nothing was broken, or knocked loose during shipping. As for my PC's performance, it exceeded my expectations. A job expertly executed! I definitely recommend buying a PC from Digital Storm to anyone who wants a PC that's a cut above the crowd! "

"Excellent service and quick delivery. The computer runs like a dream, and the few problems which I encountered in setting it up and getting it running were quickly and fully addressed by their support. "

"I have been searching for a new computer since the beginning of the new year. Being that I am not much of a PC builder, I wanted to find a company that had the best selection of pre-built gaming desktops. After a month of finding nothing, I came across a forbes.com review of Digital Storm VANQUISH II model and instantly knew what I wanted. After reviewing the options for my price range I went with the Level 3 variant for the VANQUISH II. I haven't been happier with a big ticket purchase in a long time. The amount of detail they take in testing my computer is worth the wait. I also enjoyed starting it up and finding no "bonus junk" on my new computer that I needed to clear. My only pain in the whole process is that the shipping cost are really high living on the East Coast and the company is based in California. Overall, you many find other pre-builds out there that could be cheaper but this is one thing I am happy to have not skimped on."

Share Digital Storm's store rating

Digital Storm is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Digital Storm is a merchant member
Digital Storm participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,853 merchant members.