Stores > DigitalRev.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-02-20

So whose fault was it in the end...!?!?

"I had a mixed experience with Digital Rev, BUT, I'm not sure it was entirely their fault. As such, this review is not to condemn DR but to give you, the consumer, a realistic impression of what happens when things don't go to plan.

So I ordered a lens on the 12th of January. After a few weeks it had not been delivered so I checked in with DR. The correspondence from a lady named 'Amy' was prompt and helpful. She had explained this had of course been passed over to their delivery company, CS Quantium HK.

Things start to get a little hazy now has they had no record of my transaction. Doh. So, something, somewhere went seriously wrong.

Correspondence to 'Amy' remained as did her helpfulness and promptness to reply.

What happened in the end (ten days or so after first contact) was that 30 business days had expired and therefore I was entitled to my money back. If you're thinking DR then took an absolute age to return my money, you would be wrong. This was credited back to my account in less than 5 working days.

So, despite not ever receiving the item (has of now), some 6 weeks later, I was impressed with Digital Rev's handling of my case and I would especially like to thank Amy for her persistence in trying to help me with this matter.

I accept that this time, I was unlucky - which has to happen to everyone at least once in their online experience.

Regards
SR

This review was modified by ReviewRater on February 20 2016 09:09:44 AM

2016-01-19

No problems

"I was skeptical after reading RR reviews but the seller came through with very quick processing and shipping. Sure, I haven't dealt with a return or warranty issue but I bought knowing that they aren't standard warranties."

This review was modified by shawnm-rr on January 19 2016 05:20:55 PM

2016-01-12

Could Not Be Better

"I had a great experience. I ordered a camera lense and later that day decided I wanted a different one. Emailed them to change to the more expensive lense. They wrote back that I had to first cancel the first order and then order a new one all over. I did. The camera lense was delivered in three days from Hong Kong. Exactly as ordered and cheaper (by $150.00) than any where else. The operating instructions for the lense is in Chinese or Japanese, but I can get the information on the internet. The lense is brand new and works perfectly."

This review was modified by Moseley1737 on January 12 2016 01:23:15 PM

2016-01-10

"I understand people giving lots of positive reviews for the company and granted, if you don't have a problem I'm sure they are great.

BUT, if you do have a problem, expect disinterested customer service who don't respond to what you are saying. My item has been marked as returned on the tracker for over a month and I am still waiting for them to credit my account.

The communication stopped once my item had been returned to them and I am left out of pocket because of it. I am currently going through the process of raising a dispute with my credit card company.

I could not recommend them less, maybe they are slightly cheaper than other companies, but the time I have put into trying to resolve this is just not worth it.

2016-01-05

"Do not purchase from this company. One day after completing my order online I received an email saying my order was cancelled without any explanation. I was able to contact DigitalRev via online chat and the representative said they were unable to verify my address so they cancelled the order. I have made thousands of online purchases without having an issue like this. After explaining this to the rep she suggested I send them certified funds to complete the transaction. This immediately raised a red flag and I began researching the company which brought me to this review where I see other customers having a similar issue. Also many complaints about the quality of their products and misrepresentation of items being new when they are used. I did contact Paypal and they verified the charge was voided, however my card company held the hold for many days before releasing. I believe I escaped narrowly without anything but lost time and frustration. You may not be as lucky. "

This review was modified by PissedCameraGuy on January 05 2016 07:01:57 PM

2015-10-13

"I am really disappointed, the worse vendor experience I ever had.

I wanted to buy a Fuji X30 camera so I ordered it Friday. Everything went fine. I checked my emails Sunday night and I saw that they cancelled my order for a safety issue! I checked my bank account and the transfer is still pending. I needed the camera before leaving on vacations next Friday so I tried to email and call the support but most of the time they're not available. I gave them my number to call me but they never did.
Once I was able to have a phone conversation with them (Monday night) they told me that they cannot deliver my order before Wednesday, what a joke, they didn't offer any other solution or compensation.

I'll never use this vendor again, poor experience.

2015-09-02

"Ordered a Fujifilm X-T1 with a 18-135mm lens which shipped very quickly, and at a decent deal. Upon opening the package, everything was individually wrapped, but none of the bags had an official seal, including the box. I'll plead ignorance on Fujifilm's procedure or packaging policies, could be normal? Another curious aspect of the shipment, was the battery was already in the camera with this note affixed to the battery bag "Based on Aviation Regulations, therefore, the battery has been inserted to the camera/Charger/ put into the box of the lens....etc". Aside from the somewhat confusing sentence structure, I was a bit nervous the camera I had bought was used. Every component of the camera looks/feels brand new, included warranty certificates, and everything was in English. Popped in a memory card and everything seems to be in order. Given the price, I would buy from them again - I needed a camera quickly and this thing is a dream. "

This review was modified by lunartwin on September 02 2015 05:48:37 PM

2015-08-13

"I ordered a Tamron 90 mm macro lens, the order was cancelled by the store twice without informing me or giving me any reason for the same.
No answer when I called customer care no.

This review was modified by Rahul1982 on August 13 2015 04:14:09 AM

2015-08-10

"I ordered a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact from DigitalRev in early July. After realizing I ordered the Asian model, I was afraid that they would not take it back or reimburse me.

I was pleasantly surprised when the total cost for my mistake was only around $40, while it must have cost the people at DigitalRev more than that to ship it to me then back.

I’m really pleased with the service I received from DigitalRev and would recommend them to anyone. Just look closely at the model number of your phone to make sure it’s going to work at full-speed LTE in your part of the world.

This review was modified by MartinCl on August 10 2015 12:48:47 PM

2015-08-04

"Nice price, fast shipping to the US and got a quick response on a question I had. I would definitely buy from them again. "

2015-07-20

"Perfect transaction! I ordered a new lens for my camera, which was around 25% cheaper from DigitalRev than I could find elsewhere in the UK. The whole ordering process was faultless and communications were fantastic. I got emails and a text message confirming when my lens had been dispatched and I received the lens within four working days of my order. The lens itself is brand new and in perfect condition and was packaged extremely well. I simply cannot fault the item, the price or the service that I received from DigitalRev.com. I will be ordering from these guys again and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to save a bit of cash on their new gear."

2015-06-15

"Terrible company . Waited a month for my camera when it NEVER arrived. Put in all the paperwork for my refund waited TWO WEEKS so far and no refund despite numerous emails. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!"

This review was modified by sparkysa on June 15 2015 12:15:47 PM

2015-06-04

"Bought a Nikon 5500 through this company to take on vacation in March. It took more than 2 weeks to arrive, and when it did I was already abroad and unable to collect it. It was returned and received back by Digitalrev on April 30th. Today, June 4th, their answer is that they are still investigating what happened.
Will I ever see a refund of the £650 (approx 900 dollars) that I paid ? How many more months will I have to wait ?
Avoid this company to avoid trouble and losing your money.

2015-05-28

"A total waste of time:
Ordered a Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM (White Box) on May 22nd. Availability was shown as 4 items left.
Today, a full 6 days later, my order was canceled "due to manufacture discontinuation".

So, where did the 4 remaining items sell to?

No information update prior to cancelation, funds blocked on my paypal for 6 days.
Mails send in reply to digitalrev's were rejected / failed to deliver.

This review was modified by dreilin-61080 on May 28 2015 01:13:48 AM

2015-05-04

"With my pre-ordered canon t6s model has back-ordered, I needed to get this camera asap for a job relation. I happened to stumble upon this site and quite surprised that digitalrev.com also sell cameras. (Because I only knew them from their youtube reviews on cameras). Yes, the site is considered a gray market, but at the time they were the only site that still carried the t6s model in stock. So I took a risk of buying the camera from this site, and boy was it worth it! The shipping came blazing fast, as I ordered the camera on Sunday of April 26, and the camera arrived in my mid-western US town in 2 days from Hong Kong. I had no issue with any import duties that were mentioned from other reviewers. The product came with very secure wrappings and the camera and the lens that I ordered works perfectly. I am very satisfied with the order, the savings that I got from the deal, and the free quick delivery services that exceeds any other competitors. This company has certainly earned my trust!"

This review was modified by snapcrackle on May 04 2015 06:29:51 PM

Share DigitalRev.com's store rating

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member
DigitalRev.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!