• DigitalRev.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.43/10 6.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Total desaster!
They took £459 from me and now 3 weeks later I have still no camera and they still haven't officially cancelled my order as they say it's stuck in customs.
I have now asked my bank to dispute the payment and get it back that way.
They are not anwering my emails or phone calls.
Yes, the prices are good but that's about it - ZERO points!!!!

"Great price and awesome customer service.

My item was shipped the very next day after i ordered. It took a long time to arrive (no fault of digitalrev) but Digitalrevs customer service are top notch and replies are prompt.

When my camera arrived it was well packaged. I had reservations about ordering due to the amount of money i was spending and having read some poor reviews but in my case i am more than happy with this professional company. Would do business again without hesitation.

modified review This review was modified by lr1986 on March 29 2015 08:07:44 AM

"I ordered a Nikon remote cord from DigitalRev - the advertised price was much cheaper than anywhere else I could find, so I happily paid using Paypal. I then received an email for them the next day telling me that my order had been cancelled.

I hadn't cancelled the order and needed the item urgently for a shoot. So I tried contacting them immediately to find out what was going on.

It perhaps shouldn't have surprised me to find they weren't answering the phones (1100 on a Saturday morning, so shouldn't have been a problem) and the 'on-line chat' facility was not manned. So I have given up and will order the item from a supplier I can trust.

Maybe DigitalRev were just having a bad day, but from reading other reviews, their service does seem to be very hit and miss.

My brother was mucked around by them a few months ago, when buying a new camera setup and all the peripherals. The camera and lens itself was fine, but the batteries, memory card et al were low grade. DigitalRev insisted the items were equal in quality to the branded items he thought he had ordered (he was expecting genuine Nikon batteries and Sandisk memory cards). So he eventually sent everything back and got his money refunded. I should have learnt from that, but have now got the message loud and clear.

modified review This review was modified by stevenm7516 on March 07 2015 03:08:21 AM

"Worst communication ever!"

"I had a good experience, but I can see why some people might not, the sales tax/VAT situation is not clear.

I'm UK based, I ordered a Sony A7S for about £400 (20%) less than I could find it elsewhere, from EU/UK sellers.

I don't know, but I suspect that you can be lucky and don't get charged when it is delivered. However, if you do get charged by customs it could turn out to be more expensive than elsewhere (although not in my case).

And you probably get annoyed by that which means bad reviews.

Some people complained about opened packages or used cameras, which didn't happen in my case. The package was opened, but if the camera was used I couldn't tell. I assume it was for customs or other reasons.

modified review This review was modified by alastc on January 11 2015 02:30:44 AM

"What a positive transaction I had with DigitalRev. Two hours after I submitted my order I received and email that it was ready to ship. The tracking was extremely accurate and timely. I was a little concerned when I read some of the reviews but I decided to take a chance given the number of positive reviews lately. A outstanding experience and I will be using DigitalRev for my future photography equipment purchases. Merchants like DigitalRev succeed or fail based on keeping repeat customers. I will be one. "

"I see some negative reviews for this company, but I had a great experience and will consider all my future camera needs from DigitalRev.

Save my Christmas!

Placed an order for Sony A7 on December 20, which was a Saturday, received the camera on 12-24 via DHL, just in time to put in under the tree.
Great customer service, all my inquiries were answered within 12 hours in a courteous, professional manner…thank you Peter!

I see the other main concern is the import duty for the goods coming to the US.
Luckily, no import duty on my order.
When I addressed this concern to DigitalRev, they confirmed that they will reimburse me any import duty should it occurs, just send them the receipt; again, answered within 12 hours.

LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!
THANK YOU!

modified review This review was modified by Richard.sun on January 24 2015 09:59:30 AM

"Just received D7100 from digitalrev brand new.
I don't think so, nearly 11000 shutter actions on the camera.
Have entered in to dispute with them
Don't know what the outcome will be.
But have lost all trust in them,and will not use again

"I don't know what's up with all of these bad reviews lately, but I had a great experience with Digital Rev. I was hesitant on ordering from them due to these reviews, but having the tax included with all import fees paid by them was too good to pass, especially when I was making such a big order.

Ordered an A7s with some Zeiss glass, all arrived in perfect new condition within a few days! I paid no import/duty fees nor tax, saving approximately $800++

In the end, I'm glad I took the chance and would do it again in a heartbeat

modified review This review was modified by Jason-S on December 13 2014 12:18:07 AM

"I have placed 3 orders now with digital Rev:
1> A Tamron 17-270
2> A Fujifilm X30
3> A Nikon D7100 (Upgrade from my D5300)

Both 1 and 2 above were ordered over the course of 2 separate weekends - both orders arrived on my doorstep (Illinois USA) on the Wednesday.

My third order (placed yesterday 18th Nov) has just cleared Customs in Cincinnati and is scheduled to arrive (per the DHL Tracking) no later than 2359hrs tomorrow.

"Ordered a Canon lens on 11th Oct 2014 and TNT tracking number issued on 14th Oct. However could not track item, told by DigitalRev that TNT had technical issues with their system, regarding the tracking. Contacted TNT who could not track item either and stated it was an invalid number! Lens never arrived by date quoted i.e. 18th Oct. Contacted DigitalRev they phoned back and explained that item shipped directly to UK. Item in UK warehouse and would be delivered via UPS, with another tracking number, it was finally delivered on 21st Oct. I have ordered many items over the internet from other companies and never experienced this level of service."

modified review This review was modified by Steve1511 on October 25 2014 03:34:43 AM

"Scam! Purchased Canon that was defective - flash did not work and camera hummed. Returned it and Digital Rev charged me 15%, plus cost to return it to Hong Kong. buy local and forget this rip off business"

modified review This review was modified by bayvista on October 06 2014 06:00:48 AM

"The service from Digital Rev is very good.The camera and lens very well packed.There where no other charges as indicated by other reviews,would recommend to anybody "

modified review This review was modified by Mick-S on September 15 2014 11:33:43 PM

"I just received my first order (Sigma 17-50 mm lens) from DigitalRev, I was concerned after reading several reviews (granted some were from a while back), but have been perfectly satisfied. The order shipped within 6 hours of my order and arrived 2 days later by DHL. I did receive an email from DHL in the middle of shipping saying that it was being held for customes payment, but when I called DHL, they were surprised and said the amount was only $15.40 for my lens which would not result in a hold. So far I have not been requested to pay any duty fee (the lens arrive yesterday). I had read many comments about open boxes for their items, but the website states that they may be opened at customs, so I am not sure why people would be surprised. My lens arrived well wrapped in bubble wrap and was not open. I was also concerned about the many comments regarding the warranty; again the website states that you send the item to a local facility for the repair and then submit the cost to DigitalRev for reimbursement; the package did have a form from DigitalRev to use in case a repair does need to be made. They also offered an option to have a courier come and pick it up and have DigitalRev make the repair, seems pretty straight forward (I just hope I never need to test it out). I had also read, and maybe this was from the past, that the invoice price did not match the actual cost of the item. My invoice was exaclty the same as I paid, so no concerns there. All in all, it has been great. The lens arrive in 2 days from Hong Kong and cost $100 less than any other vendor I could find for the same item."

modified review This review was modified by betsy123 on July 25 2014 05:20:29 AM

"hidden fees for customs, read the fine print!!!!! bait & switch tactics!!!!!"

Share DigitalRev.com's store rating

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member
DigitalRev.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!