• Contact: cs01@digitalrev.com

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Scam! Purchased Canon that was defective - flash did not work and camera hummed. Returned it and Digital Rev charged me 15%, plus cost to return it to Hong Kong. buy local and forget this rip off business"

modified review This review was modified by bayvista on October 06 2014 06:00:48 AM

"The service from Digital Rev is very good.The camera and lens very well packed.There where no other charges as indicated by other reviews,would recommend to anybody "

modified review This review was modified by Mick-S on September 15 2014 11:33:43 PM

"I just received my first order (Sigma 17-50 mm lens) from DigitalRev, I was concerned after reading several reviews (granted some were from a while back), but have been perfectly satisfied. The order shipped within 6 hours of my order and arrived 2 days later by DHL. I did receive an email from DHL in the middle of shipping saying that it was being held for customes payment, but when I called DHL, they were surprised and said the amount was only $15.40 for my lens which would not result in a hold. So far I have not been requested to pay any duty fee (the lens arrive yesterday). I had read many comments about open boxes for their items, but the website states that they may be opened at customs, so I am not sure why people would be surprised. My lens arrived well wrapped in bubble wrap and was not open. I was also concerned about the many comments regarding the warranty; again the website states that you send the item to a local facility for the repair and then submit the cost to DigitalRev for reimbursement; the package did have a form from DigitalRev to use in case a repair does need to be made. They also offered an option to have a courier come and pick it up and have DigitalRev make the repair, seems pretty straight forward (I just hope I never need to test it out). I had also read, and maybe this was from the past, that the invoice price did not match the actual cost of the item. My invoice was exaclty the same as I paid, so no concerns there. All in all, it has been great. The lens arrive in 2 days from Hong Kong and cost $100 less than any other vendor I could find for the same item."

modified review This review was modified by betsy123 on July 25 2014 05:20:29 AM

"hidden fees for customs, read the fine print!!!!! bait & switch tactics!!!!!"

"Digitalrev asked me to return the product 2 weeks ago. Confirmed the parcel has returned back, but til now still hvent received the refund as promised by the company. Beware. "

modified review This review was modified by Johnspace on January 13 2014 09:28:51 AM

"Received empty parcel, unable to get refund!

This company is a joke. I have received empty parcel instead of £500 Canon lens.
It has been a month now, and countless attempts to get my money back. Despite me chasing it every day I have still no idea when my money will be refunded.

Buyers beware. I will definitely pay little more and buy from UK than put up with this dishonest seller from China!

modified review This review was modified by LucasK on January 13 2014 05:01:34 AM

"Review to follow, ongoing customer complaint"

modified review This review was modified by MarkHanley on February 05 2014 07:22:12 AM

"The camera was great and a good deal. After it arrived i when back to the website 6 days later to show the site to my nephew. The price for the camera was 439 and when I checked my paperwork I saw I was charged 459. I went on line to their chat line to ask about it, thinking that I may have been overcharged. I was told that prices change all the time. I asked SEVEN times when the price change took place and received an evasive answer six times before being told by the woman that she didn't know. I felt she was being deceitful. If she didn't know repeating an evasive answer six times didn't make any sense. I do not trust this company and would advise you to look in local ads for sales. If they have a price change you don't have to talk with someone in Hong Kong and they often have to give you the difference if the sale is within so many days of your purchase. Fast shipping but not comfortable with this company."

"BE very careful when you order from DigitalRev. They claim there is no sales tax, however, when they ship the items from HK, the fedex will get you to sign the custom papers. eventually, your state ( like in California) will go after you for the use tax because you actually imported the product yourself from overseas. When you try to contact the seller for further information, no one ever answer the phone line. "

modified review This review was modified by nalil on December 10 2013 11:17:43 PM

"Wish I had read these reviews first.
Bought new a Nikon D5200 DSLR for $600 odd. The item arrived in open box and w/o manufacturer's warranty. When contacted them they told me to ship it back. Havent received the refund yet and on top of that spent $57 dollars ont he shipping to Hong Kong.
Worst online sellers.

modified review This review was modified by Abhishekray on November 26 2013 01:45:43 PM

"Shipping good. Package arrived in open condition. The charge 20% restocking fee for a return. NOT use buy any thing from this vendor. I do NOT recommend it."

"Do not do business with this company. Short version... Go to B and H. Long version... I ordered three lenses that were "in stock and ready to ship", I paid via Paypal instantly. I got an email the next day asking to clarify my billing and shipping details, I don't see why as everything is listed and verified on the Paypal transaction, I think it was stalling for time. I sent an email asking if the goods would be shipped from the USA or abroad, I was told Hong Kong and that I would be responsible for import duty, I then sent an email to cancel the order which is perfectly acceptable as per the conditions on their website. They ignored my request to cancel the order but in the meantime I got an email saying one of the lenses was out of stock and wouldn't be shipped, the lens in question was still available on their website but now at a higher price... go figure?! I opened a ticket and asked them again to cancel the entire order, I got an automated answer telling me the ticket had been received, a short time after I got an email with a tracking number for the two remaining lenses. I sent more emails to cancel and finally got a response verifying cancellation... still waiting for a refund a week later!

EDIT - So I had to open a Paypal dispute because I never got the refund. DigitalRev emailed me directly and posted on the dispute page that they were trying to send the refund but couldn't because the dispute was open, they told me the only way was for me to close the dispute first. Sound fishy?!... Totally. I called Paypal and spoke to customer service, they told me under no circumstance should I close the dispute as I would have no recourse and wouldn't be able to open it again, they also told me DigitalRev could easily send the refund while the dispute is open... that's the whole point! I passed on this information but DigitalRev insisted I must close the dispute. After another half dozen email exchanges they were still telling me the same crap, I told them I was taking Paypals advice and escalating the dispute to a claim and what do you know, I got an email from Paypal saying the dispute was closed and the refund had been issued.

modified review This review was modified by Justanotherreviewer on September 08 2013 06:42:27 PM

"Wow. Order arrived all the way from Hong Kong (thanks Dave!) in super quick time. Was professionall packaged and at a super price too - definate recommended!

Cheers,
Lee (Windsor, UK)

modified review This review was modified by jukaru on July 06 2013 04:47:06 AM

"Incredibly slow shipping and no communication at all. Ordered a lens ten days ago and even though it "shipped" within 24 hours tracking still has it in Hong Kong. After reading the other reviews here I'm thinking it would be best to return the item (if it ever arrives) to avoid any further problems. I can't imagine how long it would take them to service an item. "

modified review This review was modified by macpheri on May 02 2013 03:57:23 AM

"Be careful when you order from digitalrev.com ! I bought a lens from them 10 days ago. Days after I got the lens, I receive a bill from FedEx saying that I owned them $29.48 in import duty.
digitalrev.com won't tell you this when you place your order online. They are cheating!

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member
DigitalRev.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!