• DigitalRev.com

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

"Terrible company . Waited a month for my camera when it NEVER arrived. Put in all the paperwork for my refund waited TWO WEEKS so far and no refund despite numerous emails. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!"

This review was modified by sparkysa on June 15 2015 12:15:47 PM

"Bought a Nikon 5500 through this company to take on vacation in March. It took more than 2 weeks to arrive, and when it did I was already abroad and unable to collect it. It was returned and received back by Digitalrev on April 30th. Today, June 4th, their answer is that they are still investigating what happened.
Will I ever see a refund of the £650 (approx 900 dollars) that I paid ? How many more months will I have to wait ?
Avoid this company to avoid trouble and losing your money.

"A total waste of time:
Ordered a Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM (White Box) on May 22nd. Availability was shown as 4 items left.
Today, a full 6 days later, my order was canceled "due to manufacture discontinuation".

So, where did the 4 remaining items sell to?

No information update prior to cancelation, funds blocked on my paypal for 6 days.
Mails send in reply to digitalrev's were rejected / failed to deliver.

This review was modified by dreilin-61080 on May 28 2015 01:13:48 AM

"With my pre-ordered canon t6s model has back-ordered, I needed to get this camera asap for a job relation. I happened to stumble upon this site and quite surprised that digitalrev.com also sell cameras. (Because I only knew them from their youtube reviews on cameras). Yes, the site is considered a gray market, but at the time they were the only site that still carried the t6s model in stock. So I took a risk of buying the camera from this site, and boy was it worth it! The shipping came blazing fast, as I ordered the camera on Sunday of April 26, and the camera arrived in my mid-western US town in 2 days from Hong Kong. I had no issue with any import duties that were mentioned from other reviewers. The product came with very secure wrappings and the camera and the lens that I ordered works perfectly. I am very satisfied with the order, the savings that I got from the deal, and the free quick delivery services that exceeds any other competitors. This company has certainly earned my trust!"

This review was modified by snapcrackle on May 04 2015 06:29:51 PM

"Total desaster!
They took £459 from me and now 3 weeks later I have still no camera and they still haven't officially cancelled my order as they say it's stuck in customs.
I have now asked my bank to dispute the payment and get it back that way.
They are not anwering my emails or phone calls.
Yes, the prices are good but that's about it - ZERO points!!!!

"Great price and awesome customer service.

My item was shipped the very next day after i ordered. It took a long time to arrive (no fault of digitalrev) but Digitalrevs customer service are top notch and replies are prompt.

When my camera arrived it was well packaged. I had reservations about ordering due to the amount of money i was spending and having read some poor reviews but in my case i am more than happy with this professional company. Would do business again without hesitation.

This review was modified by lr1986 on March 29 2015 08:07:44 AM

"I ordered a Nikon remote cord from DigitalRev - the advertised price was much cheaper than anywhere else I could find, so I happily paid using Paypal. I then received an email for them the next day telling me that my order had been cancelled.

I hadn't cancelled the order and needed the item urgently for a shoot. So I tried contacting them immediately to find out what was going on.

It perhaps shouldn't have surprised me to find they weren't answering the phones (1100 on a Saturday morning, so shouldn't have been a problem) and the 'on-line chat' facility was not manned. So I have given up and will order the item from a supplier I can trust.

Maybe DigitalRev were just having a bad day, but from reading other reviews, their service does seem to be very hit and miss.

My brother was mucked around by them a few months ago, when buying a new camera setup and all the peripherals. The camera and lens itself was fine, but the batteries, memory card et al were low grade. DigitalRev insisted the items were equal in quality to the branded items he thought he had ordered (he was expecting genuine Nikon batteries and Sandisk memory cards). So he eventually sent everything back and got his money refunded. I should have learnt from that, but have now got the message loud and clear.

This review was modified by stevenm7516 on March 07 2015 03:08:21 AM

"Worst communication ever!"

"I had a good experience, but I can see why some people might not, the sales tax/VAT situation is not clear.

I'm UK based, I ordered a Sony A7S for about £400 (20%) less than I could find it elsewhere, from EU/UK sellers.

I don't know, but I suspect that you can be lucky and don't get charged when it is delivered. However, if you do get charged by customs it could turn out to be more expensive than elsewhere (although not in my case).

And you probably get annoyed by that which means bad reviews.

Some people complained about opened packages or used cameras, which didn't happen in my case. The package was opened, but if the camera was used I couldn't tell. I assume it was for customs or other reasons.

This review was modified by alastc on January 11 2015 02:30:44 AM

"What a positive transaction I had with DigitalRev. Two hours after I submitted my order I received and email that it was ready to ship. The tracking was extremely accurate and timely. I was a little concerned when I read some of the reviews but I decided to take a chance given the number of positive reviews lately. A outstanding experience and I will be using DigitalRev for my future photography equipment purchases. Merchants like DigitalRev succeed or fail based on keeping repeat customers. I will be one. "

"I see some negative reviews for this company, but I had a great experience and will consider all my future camera needs from DigitalRev.

Save my Christmas!

Placed an order for Sony A7 on December 20, which was a Saturday, received the camera on 12-24 via DHL, just in time to put in under the tree.
Great customer service, all my inquiries were answered within 12 hours in a courteous, professional manner…thank you Peter!

I see the other main concern is the import duty for the goods coming to the US.
Luckily, no import duty on my order.
When I addressed this concern to DigitalRev, they confirmed that they will reimburse me any import duty should it occurs, just send them the receipt; again, answered within 12 hours.

LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!
THANK YOU!

This review was modified by Richard.sun on January 24 2015 09:59:30 AM

"Just received D7100 from digitalrev brand new.
I don't think so, nearly 11000 shutter actions on the camera.
Have entered in to dispute with them
Don't know what the outcome will be.
But have lost all trust in them,and will not use again

"I don't know what's up with all of these bad reviews lately, but I had a great experience with Digital Rev. I was hesitant on ordering from them due to these reviews, but having the tax included with all import fees paid by them was too good to pass, especially when I was making such a big order.

Ordered an A7s with some Zeiss glass, all arrived in perfect new condition within a few days! I paid no import/duty fees nor tax, saving approximately $800++

In the end, I'm glad I took the chance and would do it again in a heartbeat

This review was modified by Jason-S on December 13 2014 12:18:07 AM

"I have placed 3 orders now with digital Rev:
1> A Tamron 17-270
2> A Fujifilm X30
3> A Nikon D7100 (Upgrade from my D5300)

Both 1 and 2 above were ordered over the course of 2 separate weekends - both orders arrived on my doorstep (Illinois USA) on the Wednesday.

My third order (placed yesterday 18th Nov) has just cleared Customs in Cincinnati and is scheduled to arrive (per the DHL Tracking) no later than 2359hrs tomorrow.

"Ordered a Canon lens on 11th Oct 2014 and TNT tracking number issued on 14th Oct. However could not track item, told by DigitalRev that TNT had technical issues with their system, regarding the tracking. Contacted TNT who could not track item either and stated it was an invalid number! Lens never arrived by date quoted i.e. 18th Oct. Contacted DigitalRev they phoned back and explained that item shipped directly to UK. Item in UK warehouse and would be delivered via UPS, with another tracking number, it was finally delivered on 21st Oct. I have ordered many items over the internet from other companies and never experienced this level of service."

This review was modified by Steve1511 on October 25 2014 03:34:43 AM

Share DigitalRev.com's store rating

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DigitalRev.com is not a merchant member
DigitalRev.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!