• Digi-Key

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"The parts I ordered worked great! BUT...I paid for overnight shipping (over $30) and it took over a week to get the parts. When I called for a refund of the shipping charges they were so unhelpful. Told me I needed to get the refund from the shipping company...long story short. The refund needed to be requested by the shipper and digi-key was unwilling to help.

Would not recommend this company, they have terrible customer service!

This review was modified by Desdee on July 17 2015 09:47:38 PM

"The shipping on the website is wrong. The quoted shipping was 2-3 day USPS. Called when order did not show up and it's actually 3-14 days. I paid more for shipping to get it faster not more for it to take the same amount of time. Please update the shipping with the actual shipping times not exaggerated to make money. USPS shipping just sucks anyways. "

This review was modified by RoadW3 on April 29 2015 02:06:40 PM

"They charge actual shipping.
They are quick to ship.
They really know their stuff.
Bought numerous times, will buy again.

"Grate company for anything you need in electronic and surrounding’s materials. Very friendly staff.

BUT WARNING ! They don't accept returns and they give bad excuses to NOT do so. Warning !

We bought a lot tools from them, but when we returned one crimping tool they claimed it was a scratch on it. How can I prove it wasn't there when I returned it. A tool for $ 900.
We are a worldwide corporation with a lot of technicians around the world. Returning a box instantly not using the tool and be denied return . Warning , Don't do business with them !

This review was modified by Callenberg on February 16 2015 08:08:22 AM

"Really the best company out there to buy electronic components, I order some items online but I forgot some parts, I did this purchase like at 2 or 3 am, Then I went to the web site to order the rest of the items, To my surprise they were open 24/7 using the chat option and I was able to add the extra part to my order, That for me was really great. They sent the items super fast like a day an half. Thank you DigiKey. "

"Great prices and fast shipping...sure beats traveling around town searching for parts which I needed."

This review was modified by Lavrentiy on January 09 2015 05:27:47 PM

"Super impressed!
I normally order from Ebay (from china) but I needed my parts quickly so I decided to look for something a bit closer by. and eventually stumbled across digikey.
VERY fair prices (comparable to ebay) and has bulk pricing options.
Great online chat assistance (big plus here, I hate phoning, or waiting for Emails)
super fast shipping (only took a day and a half to get here, for only $8!)
well packaged. (antistatic bags, in a heavily padded box)
never had an experience so awesome. I even made a youtube video on it in my excitement! (just look up the channel "EvilPlagueDoctor" and look in the video uploads)

"I needed some capacitors to repair an old radio from the 50`s that I picked up recently. I first went looking at mouser, and then quickly realized that paying $20 in shipping for a small amount (around 20) of capacitors that could fit in an envelope was ridiculous. I then went to digikey, they charged me only $8 for shipping, and shipped my order out only an hour and a half after I placed it. By shipping it out so quickly I should receive them by monday (according to fedex package tracker). Not bad for ordering a bunch of parts at 8pm on a friday"

This review was modified by Squirreleo on July 11 2014 10:19:56 PM

"We use Digikey at work for 90% of our component purchases. I've been ordering from them for over ten years. I can count on my fingers the number of times I have had a problem, and a quick phone call always resolved it to my complete satisfaction.

They have a pretty complete inventory of products, even some hard to find ones. Like I said above, 90% of my orders are to Digikey, which says that I can find pretty much anything I need there. Prices are quite reasonable and delivery can be shockingly quick if you want to pay for it, but there are economy shipping options if you don't. I usually get an email saying the order has shipped within an hour of placing it online.

In summary: good company, great people, excellent range of product, fair prices and reasonable shipping charges. I have never had a bad experience with them.

"Overall I am happy with Digi-key and continue to order from them, however, there ARE obvious areas where they can improve.

Most people know that Mouser is the big competitor, and I normally go with the one that has the specific components that I need, but when they both have them, I tend to go with Mouser because they have better packaging and tracking info.

Digi-key packages components inconsistently and in ways that make it harder to deal with things later. For instance, some bags are stapled together while others are heat sealed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the size of the bags they use. I'd prefer ziplock bags (like Mouser uses).

Just today I received my order. It was sent quickly and was totally correct and they used recyclable materials. All this is great. The trouble was that in looking at the packing list and online order history there is no indication of the shipping charge NOR the brands of the components that I ordered: all I have is part numbers! So I am forced to go back online and look up individual components again and then write the brands on the labels that they stapled to the bags.

Looking at a previous order of capacitors, I note that I had to take my own zip-lock bags and repackage some of them simply because the bags they used in those cases were just unusable. Other bags in that order were fine. So I end up with a mish-mash of bag types. It's like some teenagers got together and decided to be really inconsistent just to play with my head!

I should also point out that there may be some older reviews here indicating that Digi-key has an order minimum, but that is no longer the case.

One time I misplaced a bag of components I had ordered and because there were so many small bags, became convinced that they were left out of the order. The customer service people were the best and sent new components without any argument very quickly. Of course I felt guilty later when I found that lost bag!

"I ordered a transistor from Digi-Key on a Monday and had it in my mailbox on wednesday. Great quality, price and easy to navigate website."

"Digi-Key almost always has what I need in stock and will get it to me the next day. Have ordered from them hundreds of times through my work and only had one error and that was an error from the manufacturer."

"To British Columbia Canada in a day and a half!!! What a wonderful company who'll treat you like gold even with a small order like mine.
Count on me to come back again. Digi-Key are the greatest!

This review was modified by L_Verigin on May 03 2012 03:17:31 PM

"My order with Digi-Key was very small. They did not "jack" me with exorbitant shipping charges, the product was extremely well packaged, and delivery was prompt! I HIGHLY recommend this firm for their professionalism and EXCELLENT service."

"Highly recommended for their good web site, easy ordering system and lightning fast delivery. Ordered Thursday and arrived in Denmark Monday at mid day by UPS express. Everything packed separately in small plastic bags, very structured and professional approach.

I will definately do business with Digi-Key again soon.

Share Digi-Key's store rating

Digi-Key is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Digi-Key is not a merchant member
Digi-Key does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!