Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I needed some capacitors to repair an old radio from the 50`s that I picked up recently. I first went looking at mouser, and then quickly realized that paying $20 in shipping for a small amount (around 20) of capacitors that could fit in an envelope was ridiculous. I then went to digikey, they charged me only $8 for shipping, and shipped my order out only an hour and a half after I placed it. By shipping it out so quickly I should receive them by monday (according to fedex package tracker). Not bad for ordering a bunch of parts at 8pm on a friday"

modified review This review was modified by Squirreleo on July 11 2014 10:19:56 PM

"We use Digikey at work for 90% of our component purchases. I've been ordering from them for over ten years. I can count on my fingers the number of times I have had a problem, and a quick phone call always resolved it to my complete satisfaction.

They have a pretty complete inventory of products, even some hard to find ones. Like I said above, 90% of my orders are to Digikey, which says that I can find pretty much anything I need there. Prices are quite reasonable and delivery can be shockingly quick if you want to pay for it, but there are economy shipping options if you don't. I usually get an email saying the order has shipped within an hour of placing it online.

In summary: good company, great people, excellent range of product, fair prices and reasonable shipping charges. I have never had a bad experience with them.

"Overall I am happy with Digi-key and continue to order from them, however, there ARE obvious areas where they can improve.

Most people know that Mouser is the big competitor, and I normally go with the one that has the specific components that I need, but when they both have them, I tend to go with Mouser because they have better packaging and tracking info.

Digi-key packages components inconsistently and in ways that make it harder to deal with things later. For instance, some bags are stapled together while others are heat sealed. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the size of the bags they use. I'd prefer ziplock bags (like Mouser uses).

Just today I received my order. It was sent quickly and was totally correct and they used recyclable materials. All this is great. The trouble was that in looking at the packing list and online order history there is no indication of the shipping charge NOR the brands of the components that I ordered: all I have is part numbers! So I am forced to go back online and look up individual components again and then write the brands on the labels that they stapled to the bags.

Looking at a previous order of capacitors, I note that I had to take my own zip-lock bags and repackage some of them simply because the bags they used in those cases were just unusable. Other bags in that order were fine. So I end up with a mish-mash of bag types. It's like some teenagers got together and decided to be really inconsistent just to play with my head!

I should also point out that there may be some older reviews here indicating that Digi-key has an order minimum, but that is no longer the case.

One time I misplaced a bag of components I had ordered and because there were so many small bags, became convinced that they were left out of the order. The customer service people were the best and sent new components without any argument very quickly. Of course I felt guilty later when I found that lost bag!

"I ordered a transistor from Digi-Key on a Monday and had it in my mailbox on wednesday. Great quality, price and easy to navigate website."

"Digi-Key almost always has what I need in stock and will get it to me the next day. Have ordered from them hundreds of times through my work and only had one error and that was an error from the manufacturer."

"To British Columbia Canada in a day and a half!!! What a wonderful company who'll treat you like gold even with a small order like mine.
Count on me to come back again. Digi-Key are the greatest!

modified review This review was modified by L_Verigin on May 03 2012 03:17:31 PM

"My order with Digi-Key was very small. They did not "jack" me with exorbitant shipping charges, the product was extremely well packaged, and delivery was prompt! I HIGHLY recommend this firm for their professionalism and EXCELLENT service."

"Highly recommended for their good web site, easy ordering system and lightning fast delivery. Ordered Thursday and arrived in Denmark Monday at mid day by UPS express. Everything packed separately in small plastic bags, very structured and professional approach.

I will definately do business with Digi-Key again soon.

Lancaster, PA, USA

"Ordered some parts to fix my guitar amp from here. Great selection, great prices, and fast shipping, even when choosing the cheapest option. I will definitely shop here again when I need electronic parts."

"Wonderful company. Ordered a few capacitors and resistors on a Thursday morning, and they were at my door on Saturday morning. I even chose the cheapest shipping method. Definitely impressed and will most likely buy more from them in the future."

"One of the very best (maybe THE best) businesses I've had the pleasure of dealing with. Love how they have datasheets AND pictures for most of their items. I ordered late Friday afternoon, chose cheap USPS shipping, and had all my parts on Monday. Digikey had packed them with recyclable brown paper padding in a small box with all seams taped. Each part type came in its own plastic bag with affixed label. Very, very impressed. I'll be back!"

"Sick! just freakin' sick! I made my first order through Digi-Key today and I am just bowled over by these guys. I screwed up my order by ordering the wrong kind of rocker switch--called them up and was talking to a sales rep within 2 minutes. She asked me what item I intended to buy and it was done! If you are a picky SOB like me and review Resellerratings, BBB and even do a Google map check before even thinking about making a purchase through a website you've never ordered from, be rest assured this company has its shyt together. This is like the Newegg of small electronics parts. Funny thing is I always passed it up because it has a very antiquated looking interface (I thought it was some China fly-by-night operation, not so!) Isn't it amazing how a little kindness can make a loyal customer out of a first time buyer just like that? 9 out of 10 e-tailers should be taking notes, this is how business is supposed to be done. The customer IS always right, I think a lot of American corps have forgot that very important ethos. "

"Fabulous Service! Excellent Price!
Received my order from Minn to Fl in two
days. Couldn't believe it!
Been in business since 1952 too!

"Digikey is simply the best place to go for electronics components. Their website can be daunting to navigate at first, but now that I am comfortable with it, it has almost become my goto place for locating an opamp or other coponents based off of some preliminary specs. Fast service and shipping, reliable stock counts, what more could I want."

"THE BEST! This is the store for your electronic needs. They don't overcharge you with shipping like Mouser. Digikey first class shipping is always $2 and Mouser's minimum shipping charge is $6.85.
The only thing they are lacking is a good potentiometer selection, Mouser has them beat on that. But for Nichicon capacitors and Dale resistors, Digikey always has the best prices

Digi-Key is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Digi-Key is not a merchant member
Digi-Key does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!