Stores > Dick's Sporting Goods

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.79/10 0.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.16/10 0.16/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
Voice your opinion! Review Dick's Sporting Goods by clicking a star below.
2017-03-16

Can't believe how bad these guys are.

"Ordered a golf bag on 2/21. Original estimate for delivery was 3/06. It's now 3/16 and they have no idea on when it will ship. Luckily, the ground is covered with snow, so I don't need it, but I'll never order from them again."

This review was modified by amalfi on March 16 2017 12:15:02 PM

2017-03-02

Waiting For Refund!!

"What should have been a simple transaction was a week long event. I tried to order a pair of flip flops on there web site and the order never went through or so I thought it didn't. I called them to inquire about my order and was told there was a problem and that they had to cancel it and redo it. They offered me a $10.00 credit on the purchase because they were having problems on their end which was nice. That afternoon I received a tracking number and a few days later I received another. Long story short they never canceled the first order which had already shipped and then they turned around and shipped the same item to me again charging me for both. I tried to contact the carrier to have the package held but with the way they shipped it I had to pay the carrier an additional $8.50 to have it reshipped another day. I was told by ****'s Sporting Goods that they would refund me and they never did. I strongly suggest shopping elsewhere.
Just an update almost two weeks later and still fighting to get my full refund of money.

This review was modified by C.Thomas on March 12 2017 06:45:02 AM

2017-02-03

Unbeleivable, never again!!!

" I recently ordered a North Face down jacket from ****'s online. Dicks shows 2 colors and a variety of sizes in stock on their website. The site let me order one, even pre authorized my C.C. After waiting a day and a half for a confirmation e mail with a tracking number, it finally arrived in my inbox and the status of the shipment was "processing" and an estimated expedited arrival date was 2/3/2017. I had ordered it at 11 AM on 2/1, and the e mail with an order number/est arrival date arrived 2/2/17.
The order was canceled online with no explanation, or e mail notification as to why it was canceled. After calling cust service, seems they have NONE in inventory, NONE! No sizes, No colors. I waited for a month for these jackets to go on sale, and on the morning of 2/1/17, the discount first appeared on the website. I ordered immediately before they were all gone.

On 2/2/17, WITHOUT any explanation, the order status went to " canceled". Seems as if ****'s never had ANY jackets, but were still selling them on their website, irregardless of the inventory in stock. I went to the ****'s site several times today and they are STILL selling them and pre authorizing credit cards even though they have no stock.

I called customer "no service" and was told that they had 19 blue jackets on 2/2/17, but had sold out. I asked why if I had ordered mine 2/1/17 at 1100AM, why was my order not honored before the others that ordered after me. I was then told by a supervisor that there was actually never any coat's at all. They were all soooooooo sorry for the mix-up, however; the manager was stone cold and offered no explanation. He also allowed things to continue as usual on their site with NO inventory in stock, and due to the season ending, very little chance of getting any more. Talk about false advertising.

I did order several jackets in the aftermath of this unbelievable incident. One was for a bomber blue XL (for my dad) from Rocky Mountain Ski and Board for way cheaper than the ****'s price, and there was a price reduction at Sunny Sports .com for $227.95 (zinc grey for me). ****'s wanted $349.00 per jacket. I immediately got confirmation e mails from both companies. Several hours after those orders got tracking numbers (in those e mails), I went to both sites and the XL and XXL jackets I had ordered were pulled from the "in stock" to "not available". I guess I got the last jackets in those 2 sizes/colors, and the sites IMMEDIATELY shut those sizes down. Not ****'s. You can still buy one by ordering from the ****'s site and have your CC reimbursed and all the apologies I am getting. If you don't believe, go to the ****'s site and order a bomber blur or a TNF Black color. The site shows 3 sizes available in blue, and 3 sizes in black available.

You would think that as big as ****'s is, they could do a whole lot better than the smaller company/sites I had to order from, especially with the online technology that is available. They have mostly ratings of a 1 out of 5 on the review/social media sites, and this review certainly won't help them at all. Move over Sports Authority, make room for ****'s, they will certainly be next for bankruptcy proceedings.

Steve Wilson
Norfolk Va

This review was modified by WELT on February 03 2017 07:00:01 PM

Panama City Beach Store has an excellent Manager

"I went into the Panama City Store a couple of months ago. The store manager Trent Czudak provided excellent customer service. I was looking for an item for my Service Dog. He was extremely polite and went out of his way to help me. He went in the back and found exactly what I was looking for!"

This review was modified by sheilah32498 on January 28 2017 07:45:01 PM

Selling used as new

"We went into ****'s Sporting Goods in queensbury, NY to purchase a pair of little girl's roller skates, the pair they had were used and were returns, they had wear on them, they are in a Dicks cardboard box, nothing original, no paperwork, I talked to their customer service person, she brought over the manager. The manager examined the skates, agreed they are used, but refused to give any discount on the price, he also would give no reason for his decision. I also showed him similar skates for sale elsewhere for $30 less. The manager said sorry, I can't help you. "

This review was modified by bajaharley3 on January 28 2017 02:15:01 PM

Terrible experience! Never again

"We ordered a jacket and shirt online and the shirt was cancelled three days later. ****'s never credited our PayPal. I made two calls already and still not sure it's handled. Never again!"

This review was modified by videnns on January 28 2017 05:30:02 AM

2017-01-16

Guaranteed Delivery means no such thing

"I purchased an item for guaranteed holiday delivery before the deadline and called customer service when it still hadn't arrived by December 24th. I was told to call back the next week and they would ship my item for free as well as not charge me for it.

The following week, as I was getting ready to call them, I got an email that my order was cancelled. I called and they said that it was out of stock so they cancelled it. Well, I was still able to put it in my online shopping cart so that didn't make any sense. I called them out on it and the "system must not be caught up yet because of high demand". I asked to speak to a supervisor as 'I did not cancel my order and the item is still in stock online'. A supervisor was to call me back within 48 hours and it never happened. I called back three days later and again got the runaround. Also, receiving an email for 20% off!! This is NOT what was promised. Again, a supervisor was not available. Third time a charm, and talked to a supervisor. "Since the order was cancelled they can't honor the guaranteed delivery". And she said that the nearby warehouses were out of stock. No answer to why it would take 10 days to notify me it was out of stock! Never ordering online from ****'s again and after poor customer service, they have lost my in-store business as well.

This review was modified by JulesFG on January 16 2017 03:45:01 PM

2017-01-04

What quailty?!?

"I've recieved a Diamond compund bow for Christmas had to return it to y'all cause it was left handed not right handed (not your fault). But when i spoke with your customer service and order a replacement y'all said you will send me a "new one" but it wasn't new. The Strings were faded and it was packaged poorly. So called again to get a replacement and the next one send was not new either, it was the floor model with price tag on it, the sight was bent and the strings again were faded. So I had to call in a 3rd time wasting more of my time and patience to get another one since y'all messed up twice!

Very disappointed with the quality and customer service regarding this diamond compund bow. Not sure if it's worth to shop at dicks sporting goods anymore.

This review was modified by Forrest88 on January 04 2017 01:19:37 PM

2017-01-03

Slowest shipping ever!

"I purchased a elliptical in November and the product was in stock and said it would be delivered in about 2 weeks at the latest. The product "Arrived at sorting facility in a week" and then there has been no updates since. It's already been over a month and still nothing. Tried contacting them and asking why it's taking so long but didn't get a straight answer.
Not even looking forward to getting the product cause I keep seeing reviews that products come damaged.

This review was modified by asdf4325 on January 03 2017 12:37:09 PM

2017-01-01

Items must be from china....

"I ordered myself a USC T-shirt in size 2XX....when I received it the tag on it said 2xx but in reality it must have been like a medium or large....Had to give it to my grandson.... :-(

2016-12-19

So gross

"I have emailed them now twice about my experience on a phone order. I guess their customer service is no better than their phone salespeople. "

2016-12-05

IF I COULD RATE THEM 0 I WOULD

"My bet is if they don't make a significant change to their online customer service they will be out of business just like Sports Authority. Their customer service is so incompetent that they cant even tell you your purchase's anticipated ship date. They cannot give reasons for why something has "not finished processing" so really what are they paid to do? Honestly what is their job description? Sit there on the chat and pretend to be helpful? If you purchase from Dicks do yourself a favor and pick it up in the store! It will make your life so much easier! "

This review was modified by Brian6668 on December 05 2016 03:55:05 PM

2016-11-22

Crossbow Double Cross

"Shipping 3-4 business days. After 1 day turns into 5-11 Days? Online only deal the stores do not carry Crossbows? We can give you a lesser model for the same price? Wow! I understand the name sake now. I figure would have been better to go to Cabella's or Bass Pro. They have them in stock.

This review was modified by SUREFIX on November 22 2016 03:38:35 PM

2016-11-03

DO NOT BUY ONLINE FOR ****'S - CUSTOMER SERVICE LIES AND MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL

"et me tell you about a great transaction from Dicks Online Sporting Goods. I had to purchase a gift-card to buy a pair of shoes online because for some reason you cannot use your store card online (makes no sense). After ordering these shoes and a shirt, I received an email indicating that the shoes were unavailable a week later. I found the same pair with a different color for the same exact price that I ordered and the representative over the phone informed me that I could not transfer a gift-card balance to this new pair. I used my credit card to purchase these new shoes and was informed that I would be refunded the purchase price, per Nick from Dicks. Come to find out, that is not how things work and Dicks will not refund my money after their representative, Nick, informed me that I would be fully refunded. Now I have $174.09 floating around in Cyberspace and Dicks will only refund me a giftcard for the total amount. Thanks Dicks, your upper management did nothing for me after 15 calls over a 3 week period and now I am stuck with purchasing one pair of shoes for the price of two and a gift card with a balance that I don't need. You lied to me over the phone and even took the time to review the phone call but will not issue my money back. I will never be shopping at Dicks again and you have lost a loyal customer. The unprofessional attitudes I dealt with after one of your employees lied to me over a call is unacceptable. This is not how you do business and I hope everyone that reads this thinks twice before ordering online from this company. Poor poor poor customer service."

2016-11-03

Overnight shipping means after we process it in 2-3 business days we'll overnight it to you. Huh?!

"Anyone who shops online knows that overnight shipping means you want it the next day. I have ordered clothes, furniture, car parts, sporting goods, etc. and received it the NEXT day when I choose overnight shipping. You pay for that convenience but ALL shoppers know overnight means overnight. ****'s pays their top management 6 figure salaries and yet they are too dense to understand this basic concept. It's insulting and bad customer service. And in this case has completely wasted my time. By the time they bothered to tell - all my options were lost. Now I can not get what I needed in time for when I needed it. And they can't cancel the order (even though it will take 2 days to process it before they can ship it) so now I have to waste more of my time to return it. Does anyone else see the stupidity in this?!?!?"

This review was modified by P-A-P on November 03 2016 09:46:00 AM

Share Dick's Sporting Goods's store rating

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!