Stores > Dick's Sporting Goods

Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
2017-01-04

What quailty?!?

"I've recieved a Diamond compund bow for Christmas had to return it to y'all cause it was left handed not right handed (not your fault). But when i spoke with your customer service and order a replacement y'all said you will send me a "new one" but it wasn't new. The Strings were faded and it was packaged poorly. So called again to get a replacement and the next one send was not new either, it was the floor model with price tag on it, the sight was bent and the strings again were faded. So I had to call in a 3rd time wasting more of my time and patience to get another one since y'all messed up twice!

Very disappointed with the quality and customer service regarding this diamond compund bow. Not sure if it's worth to shop at dicks sporting goods anymore.

This review was modified by Forrest88 on January 04 2017 01:19:37 PM

2017-01-03

Slowest shipping ever!

"I purchased a elliptical in November and the product was in stock and said it would be delivered in about 2 weeks at the latest. The product "Arrived at sorting facility in a week" and then there has been no updates since. It's already been over a month and still nothing. Tried contacting them and asking why it's taking so long but didn't get a straight answer.
Not even looking forward to getting the product cause I keep seeing reviews that products come damaged.

This review was modified by asdf4325 on January 03 2017 12:37:09 PM

2017-01-01

Items must be from china....

"I ordered myself a USC T-shirt in size 2XX....when I received it the tag on it said 2xx but in reality it must have been like a medium or large....Had to give it to my grandson.... :-(

2016-12-19

So gross

"I have emailed them now twice about my experience on a phone order. I guess their customer service is no better than their phone salespeople. "

2016-12-05

IF I COULD RATE THEM 0 I WOULD

"My bet is if they don't make a significant change to their online customer service they will be out of business just like Sports Authority. Their customer service is so incompetent that they cant even tell you your purchase's anticipated ship date. They cannot give reasons for why something has "not finished processing" so really what are they paid to do? Honestly what is their job description? Sit there on the chat and pretend to be helpful? If you purchase from Dicks do yourself a favor and pick it up in the store! It will make your life so much easier! "

This review was modified by Brian6668 on December 05 2016 03:55:05 PM

2016-11-22

Crossbow Double Cross

"Shipping 3-4 business days. After 1 day turns into 5-11 Days? Online only deal the stores do not carry Crossbows? We can give you a lesser model for the same price? Wow! I understand the name sake now. I figure would have been better to go to Cabella's or Bass Pro. They have them in stock.

This review was modified by SUREFIX on November 22 2016 03:38:35 PM

2016-11-03

DO NOT BUY ONLINE FOR ****'S - CUSTOMER SERVICE LIES AND MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL

"et me tell you about a great transaction from Dicks Online Sporting Goods. I had to purchase a gift-card to buy a pair of shoes online because for some reason you cannot use your store card online (makes no sense). After ordering these shoes and a shirt, I received an email indicating that the shoes were unavailable a week later. I found the same pair with a different color for the same exact price that I ordered and the representative over the phone informed me that I could not transfer a gift-card balance to this new pair. I used my credit card to purchase these new shoes and was informed that I would be refunded the purchase price, per Nick from Dicks. Come to find out, that is not how things work and Dicks will not refund my money after their representative, Nick, informed me that I would be fully refunded. Now I have $174.09 floating around in Cyberspace and Dicks will only refund me a giftcard for the total amount. Thanks Dicks, your upper management did nothing for me after 15 calls over a 3 week period and now I am stuck with purchasing one pair of shoes for the price of two and a gift card with a balance that I don't need. You lied to me over the phone and even took the time to review the phone call but will not issue my money back. I will never be shopping at Dicks again and you have lost a loyal customer. The unprofessional attitudes I dealt with after one of your employees lied to me over a call is unacceptable. This is not how you do business and I hope everyone that reads this thinks twice before ordering online from this company. Poor poor poor customer service."

2016-11-03

Overnight shipping means after we process it in 2-3 business days we'll overnight it to you. Huh?!

"Anyone who shops online knows that overnight shipping means you want it the next day. I have ordered clothes, furniture, car parts, sporting goods, etc. and received it the NEXT day when I choose overnight shipping. You pay for that convenience but ALL shoppers know overnight means overnight. ****'s pays their top management 6 figure salaries and yet they are too dense to understand this basic concept. It's insulting and bad customer service. And in this case has completely wasted my time. By the time they bothered to tell - all my options were lost. Now I can not get what I needed in time for when I needed it. And they can't cancel the order (even though it will take 2 days to process it before they can ship it) so now I have to waste more of my time to return it. Does anyone else see the stupidity in this?!?!?"

This review was modified by P-A-P on November 03 2016 09:46:00 AM

2016-10-28

SLOWEST SHIPPING EVER

"I ordered 2 Cleveland Indians shirts on 10-19-16. Today is the 28th and they are still processing. Seriously???? What kind of company are you people running?? If you cant handle online sales then maybe you should close it.
I called and the guy seemed surprised. Said he would give me a $15 credit. Guess what STILL WAITING for the credit too.

I wanted these shirts to wear during the world series games at this rate I will get them in time for the super bowl.

I will never be purchasing from you online again!!!
VERY DISGUSTED

This review was modified by pissedoffatdickssportinggoods on October 28 2016 12:19:29 PM

2016-10-27

Overnight shipping turns into a week

This was absolutely the worse experience I have ever had with online shopping!!I chose "overnight" shipping and was charged $15.99. I am now into the 4th day. Explanation is it takes 4-6 business days to process items in stock, then it will be overnighted. Ludicrous! All of my past experience is once overnight is chosen, the distribution process becomes priority to ensure the overnight takes place. Dicks ordering process states 4-6 days when selecting standard shipping but not with 2 day or overnight. I contacted the customer service line; this too was laughable! They informed me that customer service has no way of checking on the actual status of an order by speaking with anyone, they have to send an email and may take 4-6 days to receive a response. Their motto an answer for everything is 4-6 days.

They have lost a customer, I will never shop at a ****'s store or online again!!!

This review was modified by gbunnell on October 27 2016 01:38:52 PM

2016-10-15

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE

"Ordered a pair of metcons from Nike, got them in 3 days but were the wrong size. Sent them back but they didn't have my size in the color I wanted so I checked out DSG online and found em. Chose standard ground shipping (4-6 days) and waited. Right away my order was received and processed so I waited for the shipping email to come in. Well I ordered them on Monday Oct. 3rd finally got the shipping confirmation 5 days later on Saturday Oct. 8th... called customer service to see what the hold up was and stayed on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up in order to get on with my life... after waiting and waiting they finally came in the mail on Oct. 14th... Completey unsatified with how long it took for them to get here. Even more irritated that it took 5 days just to ship the order. This will be my last online purchase from DSG... they did give me a 10% off coupon just to soften the blow I guess... unacceptable. "

2016-10-10

Prices are high - but the quality is good

"The prices are too high but the quality is good - I had manager there which was kinda rude - but overall I am happy with the store."

2016-09-16

Best Customer Service Experience

"I recently ordered a pair of Nike cleats from ****'s Sporting Goods online. When I tried them on at first, they seemed to fit well. However, when I had them on during my soccer league, the pain was unbearable because they were way too small. I am always an 8.5 women's shoe size, so was upset that when I ordered my true-to-size fit, they were not correct. Though I checked the return information in my shipping box and it said items must be new/un-worn to be able to return them. Obviously playing in a soccer match, the cleats (white) had gotten scuffed slightly and did not look new. I emailed the customer service department with my disappointment in the shoe and frustration at the return policy. Within 24 hours, someone had returned my email saying they'd gladly reship me a new pair in a larger size as they did not want one of their valued customers unsatisfied. Within the next two days, I received shipping confirmation that my new cleats (a full size larger) were on their way to my house. I never had to battle with them or be aggressive to get this offer, they were very willing to offer me the new pair - hassle-free. I truly appreciate customer service departments like this one. And knowing they react this way is a great sign to me and I will definitely continue to use them in the future! "

This review was modified by KristiPierce68 on September 16 2016 06:40:14 AM

2016-08-16

Is the shipping department run by sloths?

"Dickssportinggoods.com takes far too long to ship out products. Just got another cancelation on an order because they ran out of the product before they got around to shipping it. It was in stock LAST WEEK when I ordered it. Either sloths run shipping or they don't update their inventory numbers to reflect low numbers on their website. Either way, 7 days is way too long to figure it out. I worked in the catalog clothing industry 2 decades ago and we had excellent and speedy shipping. There is no excuse that in this day and age they can't ship in less than 2 days and reflect correct inventory online. I hope Dicks looks into this issue and makes some effort to improve."

This review was modified by SodaJerk on August 16 2016 08:21:38 AM

2016-07-31

Kicked out of the store!

"pretty upset right now – I called before I left my home in the country to the Columbus, GA store (which is located right next to a pet store, mind you) and asked if they were pet friendly. The girl who answered the phone said yes, so we drove into town, only to be kicked out by a manager. No apology was given as we were escorted out of the store, even though I told her that we called about it before we came. We are now headed to Big Dog Running Co to buy our shoes. Will never shop at a Dicks again."

Share Dick's Sporting Goods's store rating

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!