Stores > Dick's Sporting Goods

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10

2016-08-16

Is the shipping department run by sloths?

"Dickssportinggoods.com takes far too long to ship out products. Just got another cancelation on an order because they ran out of the product before they got around to shipping it. It was in stock LAST WEEK when I ordered it. Either sloths run shipping or they don't update their inventory numbers to reflect low numbers on their website. Either way, 7 days is way too long to figure it out. I worked in the catalog clothing industry 2 decades ago and we had excellent and speedy shipping. There is no excuse that in this day and age they can't ship in less than 2 days and reflect correct inventory online. I hope Dicks looks into this issue and makes some effort to improve."

This review was modified by SodaJerk on August 16 2016 08:21:38 AM

2016-07-31

Kicked out of the store!

"pretty upset right now – I called before I left my home in the country to the Columbus, GA store (which is located right next to a pet store, mind you) and asked if they were pet friendly. The girl who answered the phone said yes, so we drove into town, only to be kicked out by a manager. No apology was given as we were escorted out of the store, even though I told her that we called about it before we came. We are now headed to Big Dog Running Co to buy our shoes. Will never shop at a Dicks again."

2016-07-22

Don't waist your time ordering online if you need it fast!

"My 13 year old son recently ordered a go pro camera with all his money he has been saving. He was thrilled to get it to use on our family vacation to Mexico. We ordered Tuesday and paid for 2 day delivery. Well needless to say we did not get it in time. I called Dicks Friday to find out where it was and they said there was a two to three business day processing period BEFORE the two day shipping kicked in. They told me it was scheduled to be delivered MONDAY, almost a week after ordering, and there was nothing they could do once it was in transit. They said call UPS and try pick up. Well UPS customer is closed Sat and Sunday so we go on Vaca with no camera.
MY SON IS DEVESTATED!!
I asked about resending another one overnight and I will return the first one in store and their response was that they were out of stock. AND they refuse to use FedEx. I asked if they could offer the same price on the next model up and I would pick up in store and that was out of the question.
I will never order from Dicks again!!
Online shoppers beware of false shipping offers and inventory promises!!

This review was modified by Tamisuew on July 22 2016 09:48:14 AM

2016-04-17

Go to Sports Authority, they actually want customers

"I have shopped at Dicks for years and they have always taken sports authority coupons if they were similar to coupons that they normally offer.Went to Tampa store in citrus park for the first time and manager Erica there said that they have never taken coupons from the competition.

SA is across the street and I had a $185 purchase on the counter with an emailed SA coupon for 20%. Erica said she wouldn't do it. I left my purchase on the counter and walked out of a Dicks for the last time. Can't believe that they are SO big on themselves that they have forgotten to take care of the customer.

I used to be loyal but if sports authority cares more about me then I will shop them, or academy or champs. Whom ever is NOT Dicks. Way to go Ed Stack.

Way to think you're so good that you are invincible. SA has my business and that of the 5 people I have already had dinner with after my visit. Can't wait to talk to more people.

This review was modified by Lemkin22 on April 17 2016 08:19:00 AM

2016-03-08

Buyer BEWARE!!!!!

"If I could pick ZERO stars I would. I purchased a Schwinn Elliptical and they shipped me a Nautilus Treadmill, two COMPLETELY different machines! The box has 9" letters and a picture on it, how do you get that wrong???? It took me two weeks to receive the wrong machine...now no less than ten phone calls, three hours on the phone, a week later...and the treadmill is STILL sitting in the box in my living room! They have no idea what customer service is at all. They do NOT honor their return policy of bringing the mis-shipped item to the local store for replacement. Even when the local manager said he would have someone from the store pick the item up and exchange it for an elliptical from their stock, Corporate WOULD NOT ALLOW IT! So guess what? Just cancel my order ****'s!!! Not like you actually care, because I know you don't but I will shout as loud and as long and to EVERYONE who will hear me how you lie to your customers, don't honor your own policies and cause your customers to almost have a stroke from the stress of dealing with your awful service."

This review was modified by Angry51 on March 08 2016 01:42:19 PM

2016-03-04

Refused to return a defective product !

"As a consumer we purchase items in good faith . I purchased a $100 item and it was defective . Dicks informed me I had to return it to the manufacturer but offered me no assistance . I actually called another sporting goods store and they helped me through the process . Unless you have too I will suggest you never purchase from Dicks - they are over priced and the lack of customer service is ridiculous . Shame on you Dicks - I realize an $100 item means nothing to such a large company but it means something to me . "

This review was modified by Rskaug on March 04 2016 04:11:46 PM

2016-02-25

Very poor customer service

"Drove 60 miles to a Dicks store after calling to make sure they had the product. When I arrived nothing in stock. Said I could order online. I did but order was lost. I understand this happens but when I got on the phone with a customer service rep all he wanted to do was get off the phone and put the blame on the delivery service. Would not provide help on what the delay was or offer a solution. Asked for a supervisor. She provided poorer service than the first person. I finally got a tracking number from her and knew where my lost package was. I asked if they could contact the shipper or give me a contact for them. She said it was out of her control. Promise was 3 to 6 days for delivery. Nine days and still waiting. Don't think I will every shop or order from Dicks Sporting goods again. :o( Should have went to Scheels in the first place."

This review was modified by soccercoach123 on February 25 2016 02:58:08 PM

2016-02-21

Great Selection

"They are sometimes pricey, but they also have good sales and a good stock of sporting equipment for more difficult to find gear for sports like Lacrosse and softball."

2015-12-28

"I ordered online a NFL jersey from dickssportinggoods.com on Dec 13th and it said it was in stock and would ship within 3 to 6 days. When I did not receive it by the 23rd I tracked it and it said it was canceled due to out of stock. I called customer service and they said that this was a computer mistake and they were out of stock and they sent me an email on the 18th and that this is "normal company procedure". I said I never received this email and that even if I had 5 days is not a reasonable time to inform me of this. I asked for a supervisor and put on hold for some time. Eventually I was told I would be called back before business that day. I never received a call. I eventually received an email apology and a offer for 10% off. I am very forgiving to a company when they make a mistake, but none of the way they handled this to me is acceptable."

This review was modified by cuinthevalley on December 28 2015 07:05:41 PM

2015-12-22

"DO NOT ORDER ONLINE! The estimated time for delivery is deceiving - customer service can't/won't do anything to assist with delivery expectation. The items come from a vendor so I wasn't even able to cancel the order - the only option was put in a "request for cancellation" - ridiculous. "

This review was modified by RachelMarguli on December 22 2015 03:05:20 PM

2015-12-19

"Dicks is a joke. They have just enough sale items to last 1 day. Was told item would be in and I called every day till the sale was over then they got it in. I called asking for a certain type of ammo and was told by employ they don't make the ammo anymore funny I just got the gun a week before and yes this item was on sale. Was told by three people I was entitled to a refund but when called office was told the people were misinformed. what a bunch of crap. I will never shop at Dicks again"

2015-12-16

"Its laughable that some of you are rating dicks.com with 1 star, when you should be rating your local dicks store that low, considering 85% of you are complaining about the associates in the store screwing up, not the online customer service reps, in 8 yrs dealing with dicks i have been in their store maybe 5 times, why you ask? Because yes the in store associates are unbelievably lazy and self entitled high schoolers or college kids who have no work ethic (i mean look at their entire generation that should give you a hint) or they are 60+ yr olds who move like molasses and have no idea how to work those new fangled contraptions called pc's or its their pompous overpaid ($84,000 salary start off, ask me how i know that ????) and underworked "im a manager and i dont have to do anything or leave my office at all" who dont gove 2 craps about your order bc hey! Theyre still getting their paycheck....but the online customer service reps are nothing short of phenomenal and have gone well above and beyond for anything ive called and ordered for (as long as you treat them with respect and human beings and dont immediately start screaming at them or insulting them because remember they didnt screw it up the store associate did) in 8 yrs ive mustve spent at least $16,000 in fishing, camping, and hunting equipment ( ive had to return 4 things total in 8 years and 2 of those things were the manufacturers fault, im looking at you PENN!) to get to the point dicks.com reps are fantastic in my history of dealing with them theyve made up for the times they screwed up and have gone way out of their way to get me what i want at the price tjat im comfortable with, if your having a problem with the associate/manager at your local store heres dicks corp hq phone number 1-724-273-3400 i suggest you get thenames of said associates and managers and the store number and call them, the hq will deal with them trust me, bc my local dicks manager was a pure asshole (he no longer works at my local dicks) "

This review was modified by Paulvw82 on December 16 2015 03:35:27 PM

2015-11-25

"Your item(s)/order has been cancelled.
Due to availability, we were unable to complete a portion or all of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is the response I got after I ordered a pair of ice skates from Dick's that were supposed to be the only size available in their warehouse.

I ordered this item when a 20% discount and free shipping was available for a limited time.

After the promotion time had expired HEY GUESS WHAT the item is no longer in the warehouse but we will give you a 15% discount on your next order at Dick's

FAT F****** chance I even look at their website in the future!!!

This review was modified by nsex on November 25 2015 03:16:32 PM

2015-11-24

"Just yesterday my boyfriend and I bought a safe and it was the last item I ever get for your store. The worst coustomer service I have ever seen! They were all completely clueless on shipping and the purchasing it self. They didn't even write down the number we told them! If we didn't double check our receipt before we left the store they would have never been able to call the right number and we would have never even known when our order was ready! And when we told them it was wrong they didn't even apologize! Rude and unorganized! Train your employees on coustomer service and how to take a order. It was like everyone was new and no one knew what they were doing. "

2015-10-12

"Ordered a pair of shoes as a gift , was told they can ship to me in a few days maximum , 7 days later I'm still waiting .

DO NOT EVER BELIEVE SALES PEOPLE OR ORDER ONLINE

Share Dick's Sporting Goods's store rating

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!