Stores > Dick's Sporting Goods

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2015-12-28

"I ordered online a NFL jersey from dickssportinggoods.com on Dec 13th and it said it was in stock and would ship within 3 to 6 days. When I did not receive it by the 23rd I tracked it and it said it was canceled due to out of stock. I called customer service and they said that this was a computer mistake and they were out of stock and they sent me an email on the 18th and that this is "normal company procedure". I said I never received this email and that even if I had 5 days is not a reasonable time to inform me of this. I asked for a supervisor and put on hold for some time. Eventually I was told I would be called back before business that day. I never received a call. I eventually received an email apology and a offer for 10% off. I am very forgiving to a company when they make a mistake, but none of the way they handled this to me is acceptable."

This review was modified by cuinthevalley on December 28 2015 07:05:41 PM

2015-12-22

"DO NOT ORDER ONLINE! The estimated time for delivery is deceiving - customer service can't/won't do anything to assist with delivery expectation. The items come from a vendor so I wasn't even able to cancel the order - the only option was put in a "request for cancellation" - ridiculous. "

This review was modified by RachelMarguli on December 22 2015 03:05:20 PM

2015-12-19

"Dicks is a joke. They have just enough sale items to last 1 day. Was told item would be in and I called every day till the sale was over then they got it in. I called asking for a certain type of ammo and was told by employ they don't make the ammo anymore funny I just got the gun a week before and yes this item was on sale. Was told by three people I was entitled to a refund but when called office was told the people were misinformed. what a bunch of crap. I will never shop at Dicks again"

2015-12-16

"Its laughable that some of you are rating dicks.com with 1 star, when you should be rating your local dicks store that low, considering 85% of you are complaining about the associates in the store screwing up, not the online customer service reps, in 8 yrs dealing with dicks i have been in their store maybe 5 times, why you ask? Because yes the in store associates are unbelievably lazy and self entitled high schoolers or college kids who have no work ethic (i mean look at their entire generation that should give you a hint) or they are 60+ yr olds who move like molasses and have no idea how to work those new fangled contraptions called pc's or its their pompous overpaid ($84,000 salary start off, ask me how i know that ????) and underworked "im a manager and i dont have to do anything or leave my office at all" who dont gove 2 craps about your order bc hey! Theyre still getting their paycheck....but the online customer service reps are nothing short of phenomenal and have gone well above and beyond for anything ive called and ordered for (as long as you treat them with respect and human beings and dont immediately start screaming at them or insulting them because remember they didnt screw it up the store associate did) in 8 yrs ive mustve spent at least $16,000 in fishing, camping, and hunting equipment ( ive had to return 4 things total in 8 years and 2 of those things were the manufacturers fault, im looking at you PENN!) to get to the point dicks.com reps are fantastic in my history of dealing with them theyve made up for the times they screwed up and have gone way out of their way to get me what i want at the price tjat im comfortable with, if your having a problem with the associate/manager at your local store heres dicks corp hq phone number 1-724-273-3400 i suggest you get thenames of said associates and managers and the store number and call them, the hq will deal with them trust me, bc my local dicks manager was a pure asshole (he no longer works at my local dicks) "

This review was modified by Paulvw82 on December 16 2015 03:35:27 PM

2015-11-25

"Your item(s)/order has been cancelled.
Due to availability, we were unable to complete a portion or all of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is the response I got after I ordered a pair of ice skates from Dick's that were supposed to be the only size available in their warehouse.

I ordered this item when a 20% discount and free shipping was available for a limited time.

After the promotion time had expired HEY GUESS WHAT the item is no longer in the warehouse but we will give you a 15% discount on your next order at Dick's

FAT F****** chance I even look at their website in the future!!!

This review was modified by nsex on November 25 2015 03:16:32 PM

2015-11-24

"Just yesterday my boyfriend and I bought a safe and it was the last item I ever get for your store. The worst coustomer service I have ever seen! They were all completely clueless on shipping and the purchasing it self. They didn't even write down the number we told them! If we didn't double check our receipt before we left the store they would have never been able to call the right number and we would have never even known when our order was ready! And when we told them it was wrong they didn't even apologize! Rude and unorganized! Train your employees on coustomer service and how to take a order. It was like everyone was new and no one knew what they were doing. "

2015-10-12

"Ordered a pair of shoes as a gift , was told they can ship to me in a few days maximum , 7 days later I'm still waiting .

DO NOT EVER BELIEVE SALES PEOPLE OR ORDER ONLINE

2015-09-03

"Ordered from local running store they forgot to place the order, twenty days later they reordered, 25 days later it arrived but they ordered the wrong color, but they compensated me an extra $15. Went to Dicks instead and placed an order online, it came in 2 days and online service was very helpful, you can see the difference! Service is terrific every time!"

This review was modified by BAREFOOTRUNNNG on September 03 2015 03:06:12 PM

2015-07-15

"I ordered an item and the wrong size was sent. Yes, it would've been nice if the packager was paying attention and sent the right one out, but mistakes happen. After emailing customer support I got a prompt reply back the same day and since the item was still in stock, an exchange was arranged with no hassle at all. I now have the correct item and will continue shopping on Dick's site if their customer service continues to be this responsive to fixing mistakes."

This review was modified by runn4356 on July 15 2015 08:31:59 PM

2015-07-06

"Dicks sporting goods is the most unorganized company I have ever had dealings with!!!! I bought a jersey it was the wrong size so I sent it back...they sent me a "new" one which turned out to be a used one without tags and all wrinkled, someone else's return...I sent it back and then they sent me a new one that I kept which was fine. A week or so later I got an email stating they refunded my PayPal account???? I called them and asked why I was refunded and requested they take the money back out of my PayPal account asap! The rep assured me this would be done within 2 days...It is now been 2WEEKS!!!they called me today to tell me that I need to put it on my credit card because they can't take the money back out of my PayPal account. All this time I have been using my PayPal account thinking they have removed the money but they had not! NOW they insist I have to put it on my credit card because PayPal won't let them take the money back out... If I wanted that on my credit card I would have put it on there to begin with! All this because one of their reps does not know how to read the words "DO NOT REFUND" this should have never happened and now I fully regret having even brought THEIR mistake to their attention. This was the first and last time I will ever buy another thing from this company! Not to mention...they called me first thing in the morning and woke me up ( I worked nights) because NOW all of a sudden this has become a pressing matter...."

This review was modified by smartie47 on July 06 2015 09:18:22 AM

2015-06-30

"I had the pleasure of meeting a bow tech named terry today. He went above and beyond my expectations. I came in just to have a peep sight installed and left with a whole new level of understanding of archery all together. job well done terry."

This review was modified by plowking on June 30 2015 04:25:32 PM

2015-06-05

"Looks like a repetitive theme here. 5/29/15 Ordered shoes that they showed as in stock with a 3 -6 day free shipping window. Eight days later I get an email saying the order was cancelled. When I called to ask why they told me they'd run out of stock. In this day of modern inventory systems if it's in stock it should be there and if it's not it shouldn't take eight days to tell me they don't have it. So they got the use of my money for a week and I end up still looking for shoes. "

This review was modified by StanG123 on June 05 2015 02:56:54 PM

Chicago
2015-06-02

"Expensive on everything. Guess it is what it is. Would certainly shop around before going to Dicks though."

2015-06-02

"Just like many of the other reviews..... Ordered a shirt, then a couple days later I get an email stating:

Your item(s)/order has been cancelled.

Ok, so if this happened once I could write it off as a "glitch" but this is the FIFTH time this has happened to me in the past 6 months ordering from dickssportinggoods.com. WTF?!?!? This is clearly an inventory problem a company could resolve, I really don't understand why they haven't fixed this already. TERRIBLE!!! My shopping days at this site are over. Too bad too, I like the store and like their products.

This review was modified by COGuy14 on June 02 2015 07:14:35 AM

2015-03-09

"Worst customer service ever! I tried going in store for a pair of shoes and they were sold out in store so the managers referred me to the online site. Honestly its been nothing but a nightmare. I ordered a pair of shoes on 2/11/15 and though it says 1-2 business days to ship I didn't get them till 2/18/15 almost a week late. By time I got the shoes I was very anxious but dicks sporting goods didn't even bother checking the shoes because I had 2 right footed shoes and by time I got them they were out of stock so I couldn't get that particular shoe anymore. Needless to say I had to return them (which was around 2/21/15), and the customer service line said it would lake 3-4 days in shipping, 6-8 days in warehouse processing, and then 2-3 days in the refund process. It is now 3/9/15 and I just tried to reorder another pair of shoes and they are telling me I have to wait till the system has proven that I returned them which is a mystery of how long that will take and then 3-5 business days for me to even be able to get reimbursed for the $40.00 in Dick's cash that I used when I bought the shoes. Plus on top of waiting for the $40.00 Dick's cash they told me it might not even work if I tried to use it for up to 3 additional days. For all this waiting I have had to do and the jumping through hoops just to get back what I spent on the shoes they offer me a measly 10% discount and a thanks for ordering with Dick's Sporting Goods. If I were you I would never order from their online site and if they don't have it in store done even bother because they will just take your money and your scorecard points to then make you wait over a month just to get it back to you."

This review was modified by hannahparker on March 09 2015 09:15:05 AM

Share Dick's Sporting Goods's store rating

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!