Product & services pricing Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"dicks is a joke when you apply for employment, they will tell full time in the add but it is not at all!!!!!!!!!!!! and the kid who gave me my interview was young enough to be my kid, who doesnt have the life experiance to even know how to interview anyone. I feel bad for the people who are stuck working in that dump,over worked under payed 20 hrs a week at a hole 8.00 dollars an hr. what a bunch of cheap sob's!!!!!!! bangor maine store"

modified review This review was modified by carlmott on October 01 2014 07:25:05 PM

"The first time they told me that the gift card purchased will be funded within 24 to 48 hours because it was shipped with no balance.
The second time I called back because there was no balance still after 48 hours.
Third time I wanted to request a refund but no supervisor was able to get to the phone.
Last, I was told to fix the issue that they would just ship another card. I wish that could have been done the first time instead of me calling back 4 times to correct the issue. The gift card was over night shipped to make it in time for my son's birthday. A week later all that I got was confirmation on another card shipped and a refund back on the overnight delivery. I will not deal with Dick's sporting goods again.

"What I really don't like sometimes is when they keep going after you once you're almost done with Checkout but don't complete the purchase. If I didn't complete the purchase it means I changed my mind. Don't keep following me. Its annoying and it doesn't make me want to buy from you.

That said, the stuff itself is good. Expensive. But good.

Dick's Sporting Goods User

" I purchased not one but TWO Mossberg 500 deer and field combo's for a total of $760.35 on my son's birthday on march 26 2014. with plans of hunting together this fall. We just went to sight the guns in this week and one of the scopes can not be adjusted. Due to a 90 day return policy( for a $760.00 purchase mind you) These people will not even give me a store credit for the cheap $50.00 scope. I will never purchase a large ticket item from these people ever again, and I will search out every blog I can find to inform any other people out there of the experience I have had. "

Dick's Sporting Goods User

"Never order anything from this company. Why? They are absolutely, hands down, without a doubt, THE WORST! Their "customer service" was rude when I called for assistance on two separate occasions, for two different orders. The first time I thought was a fluke but by the end of the second rude conversation I am convinced that being a complete asshole is a mandatory part of their job. Tracking orders is a pain and the automated system for customer service is deliberately limited. ALL OF THIS WOULD BE BE TOLERABLE IF AT LEAST ONE OF MY TWO ORDERS ARRIVED IN A TIMELY MANNER...BUT OF COURSE NONE DID. FUCK THIS PLACE. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. "

"I opened a Dick's credit account in June 2014 to make a $500 purchase under a 6-month no interest promotion. I immediately went home and set up automatic online payments to be debited from my checking account in equal installments so I would be sure to get it paid off in time to avoid the interest (I do this often; it's essentially a free loan). BUT--they didn't pull the first payment so I got hit with the late fee. I called customer service and was able to get them to remove the fee, but I had to really fight for it. According to CS, even though you've set up automatic payments you still have to make the next payment manually "until the automatic payments kick in." I set this up online 17 days before the due date and there was NO MENTION that the next payment would have to be done manually. And you're telling me 17 days isn't enough time for your system to process the automatic payment request? BS! But it gets better--a week or so later I checked the account to make sure the late fee had, in fact, been removed, and I noticed I'd been hit with interest. WAIT--I signed up SOLELY because they were doing a no interest promotion! I thought it was because of the late payment, so I called CS again. It WASN'T because of the late payment. Get this--I was told that they would NOW sign me up for the no-interest promotion. The CS rep told me that they don't apply the promotion at the store--you have to call CS after the fact to get it. They're BANKING on you not paying attention to your bill or not having the gumption to fight it. TOTAL SCAM!!! I'm paying this %$#@! card off today, cutting it up, and will NEVER step foot inside a Dick's Sporting Goods again!"

modified review This review was modified by HollyM-S on August 20 2014 07:43:37 AM

"Most horrible online shopping experience EVER! I ordered a pair of Mizuno Wave Creation 14 running shoes from them. They arrived today. I opened the box and found a pair of used, dirty shoes, noticeable wear on the (R) heel and zip-tied together. Unbelievable. And when I called customer service, I was informed it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get my money back once I shipped it. I will NEVER give these crooks a dime of my money ever again. Disgusting."

modified review This review was modified by Adevillier on August 07 2014 12:05:48 PM

"Returned an item over a month ago and they are still processing my refund. It took them less than a minute to take the money from my credit card when I placed the order, why is it taking over a month to refund the money? I'm willing to bet I never see a refund."

modified review This review was modified by ne14abeer on March 04 2014 04:53:02 PM

"Will not do business with Dick's again! They ruined my Christmas with my son. I placed my online order on 12/17 and they guaranteed Christmas delivery if ordered by the 18th. I got my shipped confirmation email a couple of days later and immediately tracked it. It showed delivery for the 26th! I immediately called and asked for a replacement order with expedited shipping and a return label for the 1st order. The customer service rep refused and was cold and uncaring about the situation. He said if it doesn't "happen" to show up before then to call back and my order would be free. Of course it never showed up and I had no present to share with my son Christmas Day. I called the next day and talked with a tier 2 customer service rep and his 1st response was to say that the initial rep I talked with should have sent me a 2nd order expedited. In which he was even more flabbergasted when I told him that I had requested just that. Ultimately I talked with 3 different tier 2 reps from the beginning of the claim through the denying and subsequent appeal. All 3 reps agreed that I did nothing wrong and the screwup was on Dick's end. Dick's refused to honor their guarantee and denied it based on that it was delivered by post office. This was their choice to send it SurePost not mine but still won't honor it. Will not do business with a company that won't stand behind their own promises! "

modified review This review was modified by kl_olsen on March 01 2014 07:22:39 PM

"I ordered a treadmill, to be delivered and set up, at the Woodbury, MN store. They promised me that it would be delivered in two weeks. I placed the order on Jan. 24th and it was delivered on Feb. 6th. The problem was it was delivered to the store and I have to arrange with their contractor to have it delivered and set up. The company called an left a message that the treadmill was received and they would be calling me in 24 to 48 hours to schedule a time for delivery. They also left an internet address to expedite an appointment. The address was wrong and when I finally talked to somebody I got the brush off both from the store associates or the contractor. Dicks was right about it being delivered in two weeks unfortunately they were only talking about being delivered in their store. This is standard operating practice for this company I guess. I may take another week to two weeks to have it delivered and set up and I will guess that if there is a problem Dicks will not be responsible. Anyone having something delivered either plan on a lot of extra time or go elsewhere for the item you need to buy. No one has to be treated like there business doesn't matter. "

modified review This review was modified by Kenk205 on February 08 2014 09:39:53 AM

"I ordered online on Friday Jan 24th in the morning. It is now Monday Jan 27th in the afternoon, they still have not shipped this item, have no idea when it will ship, Eric (x 72471) made one excuse after another on I selected the shipping method and they usually take 1-2 business days to ship then 3-6 business days to receive, and maybe, just maybe I might receive my product by February 3rd, 11 days after I ordered it. But they don't know, they do not have the capability to know anything. When I asked Eric for the corporate address, he did not know it and had no ability to obtain it. An employee who has no idea of the company's address for which he works for and has no ability to get the address. When I asked to speak with his HR department, he again had no idea how to contact his HR department, again an employee that has no idea how to contact his HR department for the company he works for? WTF, how stupid is this employee, and he's the "supervisor" No wonder this company can't get their act together.

They also have no capability of the user have the option to look to see if the item is available at a store, every other large retailer has this option, why doesn't Dick's? Sounds like Dick is a real Dick.

modified review This review was modified by DisgustedNChicago on January 27 2014 09:23:44 AM

"About a week ago I bought 2 Co2 tanks for my paintball gun, as i was walking out of the store one of the store clerks told me that he could fill the tanks for me, and I was grateful for that. Then 2 days after I realized that I didn't need these tanks since my dad decided to buy me a carbon fiber tank for my gun, so I went back to Dick's to return these tanks. When I arrived I asked the manager if I could return these tanks since I didn't need them anymore, but then he quickly told me that I couldn't because the tanks were already filled with Co2, but then I told him that these tanks were filled in this store, he just shook his head and told me it was policy not to take these tanks back. Disappointed I decided to leave the store not wanting to waste anymore of my time, with 2 tanks which I'll probably never use again. I'll never buy from Dick's again unless they change these stupid policies."

modified review This review was modified by EgieDeAsis on January 26 2014 12:15:18 PM

"I will never order anything online from Dicks Sporting Goods again. I ordered a Under Armour Hoodie for my niece Jaylyn. First they lost my package and then they tell me they are out of the color(which was the color she wanted) I ordered and they are going to credit me back my money I should receive it in 3 to 5 business days and that I would have to reorder a different color and they would have to charge me again and for my troubles they would overnight the new order to me. So I ordered a different color and was charged again. The package was not over nighted I received it two days later and now I am in business day 9 right now of fighting to get my money back! This is getting a bit ridiculous!!!"

modified review This review was modified by john31763 on December 19 2013 07:51:27 AM

"they stink! read the following that I have cut and pasted from an actual chat:

System: Connected with Kevin M.. Your reference number for this chat session is 456036.

cathie cline: placed this order online. It took over two weeks to arrive and I had to call to get it sent because you basically LOST the order. Then when it got here, the shoes didn't fit and I drove way out to the store to return them and they would only give me

cathie cline: back $70 insrtead of the $98 you charged me and would not refund myc ard only give me a gift card

cathie cline: I request a full refund

Kevin M.: Hello, Cathie! My name is Kevin. I apologize for this issue. I would be happy to help you with this today!

Kevin M.: Can you please verify your billing zip code and telephone number?

cathie cline: that would be a nice change of pace

Kevin M.: The store will only refund you the store price. Since you used Paypal, a store return would only give you a merchandise credit.

cathie cline: so I am charged the extra $28 for the thrill of dealing with you or what?

cathie cline: how should I have handled this differently other than shopped at amazon?

Kevin M.: I apologize for any confusion.

Kevin M.: As stated, that is what happens when you return an item to the store, rather than ship it back.

cathie cline: not stated until now though

Kevin M.: I have issued a return label to your e-mail address on-file. You can expect to receive the e-mail within 1-2 business days.

cathie cline: again, i'm just out $28 for having the stupidity to shop online with dicks? I just want to bne sure I get this straight befgore I post this all online and send ot to every one I know

Kevin M.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today, Cathie?

Kevin M.: Did you receive my reply?

cathie cline: I want to be clear, I am just out $28 bucks, right?

Kevin M.: I apologize for any continued confusion you may have. As stated, that is only what happens when you return the item to the store. Simply use the label I have issued to send the item back to our warehouse.

cathie cline: gooooooooood luck staying employed

modified review This review was modified by cathieisgreat on December 14 2013 01:54:25 PM

"Do not order from Dicks sporting goods.. they took my money and will not ship the merchandise. Its been 7 days and they told me that it is still in the warehouse and the only thing they can tell me is that it will ship soon. Guess Amazon prime is my new way to shop!!"

modified review This review was modified by Kohls83 on December 11 2013 11:49:08 AM

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!