Product & services pricing Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.20/10 1.20/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.21/10 0.21/10

"DON'T BUY HERE -YOU'LL REGRET IT. On 11/28/14, I purchased an outdoor basketball set at a total cost of 209.25. It shp'd 11/29/14. Arrived 12/4/14 in a damaged box. Obviously pieces could be missing from it. Husband refused to accept dlvry. Called Dick's that day about the credit back to my credit card. Told they wouldn't issue the credit even though they had the refusal & return tracking from FedX records. Said I should have the credit by the following week. It's now 12/20 and after speaking to Cust serv multiple times - I HAVE STILL NOT REC'D THE CREDIT. I'm now being told today, that the credit won't be issued until some time after 12/26. In the meantime, I'll have to pay my credit card for an item we refused and that we don't have!!!!! This has been a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE & I WON'T BE SHOPPING AT DICK'S ONLINE STORE AGAIN. "

modified review This review was modified by 83silverlady on December 20 2014 12:50:10 PM

"My shopping experience with Dicks has been the most frustrating and disappointing online shopping experience I have had in my entire life. I purchased NCAA hoodies on Dec 13 as Christmas presents. My brother, who is mentally challenged, had asked specifically for an OSU hoodie which I purchased from Dicks for him. Order was confirmed and order status was moved to the processing stage. Fast forward a week to Dec 19th and now less than a week before Christmas Dicks cancels my order! No explanation. NOTHING. I attempt to contact customer service and am disconnected not once but TWICE. I give up Dicks! You have lost my business and the business of anyone within earshot. Unacceptable, nonexistent customer service, cancelling holiday orders with less than a week til christmas, really?!?!? Dick move Dick's. I hope your business fails quickly and in the most epic fashion possible. "

modified review This review was modified by kespied on December 19 2014 09:48:12 AM

"Dicks is the most unprofessional corporation that I have ever ordered something from.... I bought an elliptical over two weeks ago, according to store policy I can not pick it up in store so they must deliver it to my house, they said it would be at my house in 3 days.... They said it would come sometime from 11-3 so I stayed home from work, they never came I called and they said they confused the order it would be here in 2 more days..... It never came, they called and said it would come yesterday they promised any time from 3-6 again I stayed home from work, the driver left a message on my machine at 3 saying he would be here in 1 hour, he never came did not answer any of my calls and never called back, the amount of excuses I have heard both in the store, from the driver and on the phone is rediculous.... A $900 machine I ordered and now spent two days home from work for it never to come.... If this continues I will cancel my order and never shop there again, and with 5 boys playing 3 seasons of sports I spend hundreds of dollars and always go to Dicks, never again."

modified review This review was modified by Bricalcagno on December 18 2014 04:19:30 PM

"Like many other reviews-canceled items notified days (in my case 4) after order submitted. Very crappy phone customer service unwilling to budge to further discount another $7.50 to price match canceled item. Hey Dick's: you do have competitors out there who care about customer satisfaction!"

modified review This review was modified by soonernstlouis on December 18 2014 09:12:32 AM

"Tried to order a hydration pack at promotional pricing online. Within a few days, the order was cancelled and no reason was provided. Don't waste your time. Avoid Dick's Sporting Goods (at least online)."

"Bait and cancel seems to be the Dick's sporting goods way. After 5 days they cancelled my order for lack of inventory, yet the website will allow new orders at a higher price. This merchant has lost my trust."

modified review This review was modified by BryanOnline on December 11 2014 04:53:10 PM

"Their name says it all. Dicks's had Bearpaw boots on sale, so I ordered two pair, one pair for my wife and one pair for my daughter. They shipped me only the one pair for my wife which I received on 12/3. I called them and asked about the other pair. They told me that they would ship sometime next week. On 12/9 I get an email stating that it was cancelled due to availability. I checked their website today for the exact same boots and they are available at the higher price. Seems they were losing money, so they cancelled my order and probably many others. If I could have fore saw this, I would have ordered them from Amazon, which they were on sale as well for slightly more. Now the cheapest I can get them for is almost 50% more."

"Placed order online, shipping outline looks okay, until confirmation email comes and is out 5 weeks. Tried to cancel and was told order was canceled, and they still shipped it and rebilled for the item. Very poor service"

modified review This review was modified by Jayson32 on December 09 2014 03:55:41 PM

"I placed an order on Nov. 27, 2014. After nearly two weeks waiting, I did not get the item then I called the custom service yesterday (Dec.8, 2014). The custom service person said that my item will be shipped tomorrow. Then today I got the cancellation email. It is terrible and I will never buy anything from them in future. "

modified review This review was modified by njuxum on December 09 2014 01:10:41 PM

"Ordered a North Face Jacket on 11/27. Waited and waited to hear from them regarding the order. Finally contact them today on 12/8 and they tell me "ohh that item is back-ordered and your order was canceled". They didn't contact me, they didn't email me. I heard NOTHING from them. What company would flat out cancel a back ordered item? One that is shady and doesn't want to honor their sale prices. And the funny thing is, the hold is still on my credit card. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN! "

"I ordered three different types of sport teams sweatshirts on Black Friday. I received an email today saying they will not be able to deliver the merchandise and cancelled the order. I went on the website and found a sweatshirt that was almost exactly like the one I ordered and called customer service to see if I could exchange the one that was canceled for the one on their website. They said they were not honoring any prices from black Friday or cyber Monday so I informed her that this is the worst customer service I have ever had. I could have purchased these sweatshirts from a different merchant on black Friday and now I am stuck paying close to full price. I am no longer shopping at Dicks. Wow- they are definitely living up to their name!"

modified review This review was modified by cocobeach on December 05 2014 05:15:47 PM

"I went to the Livonia, MI location to get a shirt for my son. I asked to speak to a manager to understand that stores policy with coupons. The manager, Katie, talked to me so bad that I sent an online compliant to corporate. All they did was send an email stating that they would handle it. So I called and spoke to a customer service rep and a manger. Again, all they said was sorry this happened to you. This is poor customer service. I don't believe they did anything."

modified review This review was modified by MomofKR on December 04 2014 10:36:27 AM

"I sent this email to Dick's on November 11 - I have yet to hear from them - even though they state that they will respond within 2 business days / 48 business hours. I seriously believe that they have intentionally withheld inventory during the advertised sale period.

I am located in North Jersey. I received a flyer from your company posting sale prices on ammunition. I went to the Wayne store that just opened and was offering triple scorecard points on purchases. As it turns out, that store is waiting for several approvals before being allowed to sell these products. I feel I have been cheated out of a substantial purchase with this week’s discount pricing on ammunition and the added value of the triple points.

Furthermore, I went to your Rockaway, NJ location, a much longer ride for me, assuming they had sufficient stock on hand for the sale offering. I was looking to restock as I am out of .22, .380, 9MM, and shotgun shells. They had NO STOCK on anything, other than the shotgun shells - only large bulk packs that were not on sale.
This appears to be blatant false and misleading bait-and-switch advertising - leading me to the point of avoiding shopping in your stores.
Is there any way you can rectify this situation?

(Auto-response) Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting Dick’s Sporting Goods. You can be sure that your inquiry is being reviewed by a Customer Service Specialist who will respond within 48 business hours. We appreciate your business and thank you for your comments!

The Customer Service Team
Dick’s Sporting Goods

From: Jerry R.
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:00 AM
To: Customer.service@dcsg.com
Subject: Re: Customer Service Reply - Third request

So...am I ever going to hear from you regarding this matter???
Your BIG lie about answering within 48 biz hours has destroyed your credibility!!
NINE days have passed – my email sent TWICE – and still NOT A PEEP. Except for those USELESS auto-responses!!!

From: Jerry R.
Sent: December 4, 2014
FOURTH REQUEST...

I have to assume that your fingers are broken – as you appear to refuse answering any of my three previous repeat complaints and/or offering a fair solution. You have seen my last dime!!

modified review This review was modified by Chef_Jerry on December 04 2014 09:45:04 AM

"TERRIBLE,Ordered a Jersey online for my Grandson for Christmas on 11/20/2014.After reading all the reviews online I was concerned. I waited a week and contacted them,told me it was shipped on 11/21/14 & gave ma a tracking number.Tracking number shows USPS waiting on item to ship.Called customer service on 12/2 /14. Said Jersey was lost in mail.Sent them an email and cancelled my order. I AM DONE."

modified review This review was modified by 57browns on December 03 2014 05:15:08 AM

"I went in on thursday 11/27 to order a remington versamax they have online for 1349.99 and a man name josh told me that the special order machine was down and to return the next day on black friday to see if the machine was up. I went in the next day to try to order the gun again and was told that the mo duck blind i wanted they cant order and they can order the waterfowl pro but are out of stock at their warehouse giving me a quote of 15xx.00 with an msrp of 17xx.xx. so the man name josh told me he would call me forsure the next monday to let me kno whether or not if their warehouse recieved it seeing as i was very disapointed. Come monday i didnt recieved any calls from them so i called them back and they told me that they cannot order the waterfowl pro after they pulled it up friday and that they have the mo duck blind version instock they can order for me. So i went in later that night to order it and one of their associates name kyle told me that they can order it for me at $1630 when msrp price is $1630. I was confuse on how the waterfowl pro version is 2 grand cheaper than msrp and this one was can only be ordered at msrp price plus special order fee...so i would be paying more than msrp price for a gun they have on their dicks sporting goods website for $1349.99...the guy kyle said if they carried that model instores then it would be that of which is on the ad but they dont and that gun must be special ordered...but if its on the website that links directly to their stores ad how is it that they cant honer it...this is california i cannot order over the internet so no matter what i would have to go into one of their stores to order...and if its an only special order item why is it up the their website???it doeznt make sense because on that balckfriday my friend who i went in with was able to order a beretta a400 in max5 special order for that of which is up onThe website for $16xx.xx and not at the msrp price of $18xx.xx...so then i wished to speak to the same man who was helping me on blackfriday...the associate name kyle told me that he will be in the following day and for me to call back in the morning...so tues morning 12/2 i called and a man picked up stating his name was kyle ask what i needed help with. I asked if he was the man i spoke to yesterday about the versamax and he said no...so i asked to speak with a worker name josh and he ask whats it regarding and after i told him my situation he said was it regarding the $1700 gun i came in yesterday for? So i asked him again was he the person who i dealt with yesterday and he told me he is not. So i asked if its possible to put josh on the phone now and he told me that "josh doesnt come in today he will be in tommorow, can u call back tommorow". At the moment i said yes i can,he hung up. these people are dishonest and lie to try to cover up their own asses and lazy because they rather not find out the true answer (price,instock,info) for me and give me bs so i can just leave them alone. So i call the dicks on shaw in fresno to c if they can price match and they said forsure if its up on their website and if i can show proof. So i went in sadly they said that their warehouse is out. So how come clovis dicks have it in warehouse and fresno donot? And how come one pricematch and the other one does not? The fresno dicks sg was very helpful and patient with me seeing as i blew up heat hearing they were out of stock when clovis was instock. I do appologize if they ran with different warehouse and distributors but i will not be sorry about the poor customer service, bullshit, and the runaround the clovis store gave me. The associate name josh was veryhelpful but faild to call me as promise and the associate name kyle lied to me and seemed very inexperience wen it came to looking up gun prices and lack customer service wen he gave me the runaround trying to get a hold of josh for two days...so dnt spend moeny here becuase i guess my $14xx.xx+ didnt worth shit when they gave me different quotes N wat they can and cannot order and who comes in and who helped me...so this store is like they say a piece of crap...not worth looking at.."

modified review This review was modified by Fuckclovisdicksg on December 02 2014 02:08:25 PM

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!