Stores > Dick's Sporting Goods

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Dick's Sporting Goods by clicking a star below.
2017-05-22

Stealing your money

"They charged me $25 for 2day shipping which would be delivered tomorrow. They said on email 5/25 that is the same date as with free shipping. Calling corporate does nothin. DO NOT LET THEM ORDER IN STORE!!! They are thieves."

2017-05-09

Tried to get a price match but because the item was out of stock they would not match! Terrible customer service!

"Tried to get a price match but because the item was out of stock they would not match. The item was just to be signed for a varsity banquet. Not using Dicks will go to academy any day!! "

2017-05-05

I work at ****'s

"I work for D I C K's "corporate" customer service.
So sorry for your troubles, but every last review on here is spot on.

My advise is to never buy anything from them. I feel so sorry for all of the customers who call in.

Most of the people who work there really want to help you, but with the set up that D I C K's has, it's nearly impossible.

I have never worked for such a flawed company

2017-04-26

Dont Pay for Expedited Shipping

"Purchased on on line item from Dicks Sporting Goods which qualified for free shipping. I was given the option to pay $15.00 and receive my order sooner if I wanted. I elected to pay the $15.00 since my son needed this item for an event Wednesday evening. All correspondence from Dicks relating to this order confirmed I had paid for Expedited shipping and would receive by Wednesday. Wednesday came and went and no items arrived. Called Dicks and was told Expedited Shipping is just an estimate. What a joke, never had that issue with Amazon. The item came under the same time frame as if I would have just used the free shipping. Thanks Dicks for scamming me out of $15.00."

2017-04-24

Worst customer service I could ever imagine

"They are rude!!!! They are rude online and they are rude on the phone. "

2017-04-14

Poor Customer Support

"Purchased a shotgun on 4/12/2017. Asked at that time if the gun would be on sale that weekend during their big gun/ammo sale and was assured that it would not be. Less than 24 hrs later on 4/13/2017 I received a email listing the gun for $100 off. Called the store and was told they did not price match guns as they were non-returnable. Called the corporate customer service number and was told that they could not help as it was a store issue. On 4/14/2017 I went into the store to talk to the manager who basically said too bad, I should know not to buy on Wednesday as their sales start on Thursday. Had a similar issue at Gander Mountain and they gladly gave me a store card for the difference. ****'s just say's too bad. Will not shop ****'s or Field and Stream ever again."

2017-04-04

so far very good

"I have bought a couple of hybrid bikes from them, they were excellent over 3 yrs of dealing with them.

i just bought some hiking shoes in the store and then ordered them on line in the store to get the right size and they were shipped fast and store guy was helpful.

2017-03-29

Horrible experience

"Delivery was past the anticipated date and the packaging was horrible. Product was received broken. Sure, they provided me a label for them to pay for the return but only if I delivered to a UPS pick up station. I live 9 miles from the closest one. Plus I had to use a generous amount of tape to repackage their shoddy box (actually, two boxes taped together). Was told a refund would take 30 days. "

2017-03-28

Unreliable online store

"I bought an item on 3/15 and it was to arrive on 3/22. On 3/24, the online order tracking still showed it being delivered 2 days earlier on the 22nd. I called and they couldn't even tell me when it would ship despite trying various ways of asking. I said so it could be tomorrow or 3 months, you really have no idea and they said yes. They did confirm the product was in stock. Now 6 days after it was due to arrive the online order tracking still shows it being delivered 6 days ago and they still can't tell me when it will even ship. That is just ridiculous that they can't update their site nor can anyone working there tell when something will even ship. It is too unreliable to order from again."

2017-03-16

Can't believe how bad these guys are.

"Ordered a golf bag on 2/21. Original estimate for delivery was 3/06. It's now 3/16 and they have no idea on when it will ship. Luckily, the ground is covered with snow, so I don't need it, but I'll never order from them again."

2017-03-02

Waiting For Refund!!

"What should have been a simple transaction was a week long event. I tried to order a pair of flip flops on there web site and the order never went through or so I thought it didn't. I called them to inquire about my order and was told there was a problem and that they had to cancel it and redo it. They offered me a $10.00 credit on the purchase because they were having problems on their end which was nice. That afternoon I received a tracking number and a few days later I received another. Long story short they never canceled the first order which had already shipped and then they turned around and shipped the same item to me again charging me for both. I tried to contact the carrier to have the package held but with the way they shipped it I had to pay the carrier an additional $8.50 to have it reshipped another day. I was told by ****'s Sporting Goods that they would refund me and they never did. I strongly suggest shopping elsewhere.
Just an update almost two weeks later and still fighting to get my full refund of money.

2017-02-03

Unbeleivable, never again!!!

" I recently ordered a North Face down jacket from ****'s online. Dicks shows 2 colors and a variety of sizes in stock on their website. The site let me order one, even pre authorized my C.C. After waiting a day and a half for a confirmation e mail with a tracking number, it finally arrived in my inbox and the status of the shipment was "processing" and an estimated expedited arrival date was 2/3/2017. I had ordered it at 11 AM on 2/1, and the e mail with an order number/est arrival date arrived 2/2/17.
The order was canceled online with no explanation, or e mail notification as to why it was canceled. After calling cust service, seems they have NONE in inventory, NONE! No sizes, No colors. I waited for a month for these jackets to go on sale, and on the morning of 2/1/17, the discount first appeared on the website. I ordered immediately before they were all gone.

On 2/2/17, WITHOUT any explanation, the order status went to " canceled". Seems as if ****'s never had ANY jackets, but were still selling them on their website, irregardless of the inventory in stock. I went to the ****'s site several times today and they are STILL selling them and pre authorizing credit cards even though they have no stock.

I called customer "no service" and was told that they had 19 blue jackets on 2/2/17, but had sold out. I asked why if I had ordered mine 2/1/17 at 1100AM, why was my order not honored before the others that ordered after me. I was then told by a supervisor that there was actually never any coat's at all. They were all soooooooo sorry for the mix-up, however; the manager was stone cold and offered no explanation. He also allowed things to continue as usual on their site with NO inventory in stock, and due to the season ending, very little chance of getting any more. Talk about false advertising.

I did order several jackets in the aftermath of this unbelievable incident. One was for a bomber blue XL (for my dad) from Rocky Mountain Ski and Board for way cheaper than the ****'s price, and there was a price reduction at Sunny Sports .com for $227.95 (zinc grey for me). ****'s wanted $349.00 per jacket. I immediately got confirmation e mails from both companies. Several hours after those orders got tracking numbers (in those e mails), I went to both sites and the XL and XXL jackets I had ordered were pulled from the "in stock" to "not available". I guess I got the last jackets in those 2 sizes/colors, and the sites IMMEDIATELY shut those sizes down. Not ****'s. You can still buy one by ordering from the ****'s site and have your CC reimbursed and all the apologies I am getting. If you don't believe, go to the ****'s site and order a bomber blur or a TNF Black color. The site shows 3 sizes available in blue, and 3 sizes in black available.

You would think that as big as ****'s is, they could do a whole lot better than the smaller company/sites I had to order from, especially with the online technology that is available. They have mostly ratings of a 1 out of 5 on the review/social media sites, and this review certainly won't help them at all. Move over Sports Authority, make room for ****'s, they will certainly be next for bankruptcy proceedings.

Steve Wilson
Norfolk Va

Panama City Beach Store has an excellent Manager

"I went into the Panama City Store a couple of months ago. The store manager Trent Czudak provided excellent customer service. I was looking for an item for my Service Dog. He was extremely polite and went out of his way to help me. He went in the back and found exactly what I was looking for!"

Selling used as new

"We went into ****'s Sporting Goods in queensbury, NY to purchase a pair of little girl's roller skates, the pair they had were used and were returns, they had wear on them, they are in a Dicks cardboard box, nothing original, no paperwork, I talked to their customer service person, she brought over the manager. The manager examined the skates, agreed they are used, but refused to give any discount on the price, he also would give no reason for his decision. I also showed him similar skates for sale elsewhere for $30 less. The manager said sorry, I can't help you. "

Terrible experience! Never again

"We ordered a jacket and shirt online and the shirt was cancelled three days later. ****'s never credited our PayPal. I made two calls already and still not sure it's handled. Never again!"

Share Dick's Sporting Goods's store rating

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!