• Dick's Sporting Goods contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.41/10 3.41/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.23/10 0.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10

"Returned an item over a month ago and they are still processing my refund. It took them less than a minute to take the money from my credit card when I placed the order, why is it taking over a month to refund the money? I'm willing to bet I never see a refund."

modified review This review was modified by ne14abeer on March 04 2014 04:53:02 PM

"Will not do business with Dick's again! They ruined my Christmas with my son. I placed my online order on 12/17 and they guaranteed Christmas delivery if ordered by the 18th. I got my shipped confirmation email a couple of days later and immediately tracked it. It showed delivery for the 26th! I immediately called and asked for a replacement order with expedited shipping and a return label for the 1st order. The customer service rep refused and was cold and uncaring about the situation. He said if it doesn't "happen" to show up before then to call back and my order would be free. Of course it never showed up and I had no present to share with my son Christmas Day. I called the next day and talked with a tier 2 customer service rep and his 1st response was to say that the initial rep I talked with should have sent me a 2nd order expedited. In which he was even more flabbergasted when I told him that I had requested just that. Ultimately I talked with 3 different tier 2 reps from the beginning of the claim through the denying and subsequent appeal. All 3 reps agreed that I did nothing wrong and the screwup was on Dick's end. Dick's refused to honor their guarantee and denied it based on that it was delivered by post office. This was their choice to send it SurePost not mine but still won't honor it. Will not do business with a company that won't stand behind their own promises! "

modified review This review was modified by kl_olsen on March 01 2014 07:22:39 PM

"I ordered a treadmill, to be delivered and set up, at the Woodbury, MN store. They promised me that it would be delivered in two weeks. I placed the order on Jan. 24th and it was delivered on Feb. 6th. The problem was it was delivered to the store and I have to arrange with their contractor to have it delivered and set up. The company called an left a message that the treadmill was received and they would be calling me in 24 to 48 hours to schedule a time for delivery. They also left an internet address to expedite an appointment. The address was wrong and when I finally talked to somebody I got the brush off both from the store associates or the contractor. Dicks was right about it being delivered in two weeks unfortunately they were only talking about being delivered in their store. This is standard operating practice for this company I guess. I may take another week to two weeks to have it delivered and set up and I will guess that if there is a problem Dicks will not be responsible. Anyone having something delivered either plan on a lot of extra time or go elsewhere for the item you need to buy. No one has to be treated like there business doesn't matter. "

modified review This review was modified by Kenk205 on February 08 2014 09:39:53 AM

"I ordered online on Friday Jan 24th in the morning. It is now Monday Jan 27th in the afternoon, they still have not shipped this item, have no idea when it will ship, Eric (x 72471) made one excuse after another on I selected the shipping method and they usually take 1-2 business days to ship then 3-6 business days to receive, and maybe, just maybe I might receive my product by February 3rd, 11 days after I ordered it. But they don't know, they do not have the capability to know anything. When I asked Eric for the corporate address, he did not know it and had no ability to obtain it. An employee who has no idea of the company's address for which he works for and has no ability to get the address. When I asked to speak with his HR department, he again had no idea how to contact his HR department, again an employee that has no idea how to contact his HR department for the company he works for? WTF, how stupid is this employee, and he's the "supervisor" No wonder this company can't get their act together.

They also have no capability of the user have the option to look to see if the item is available at a store, every other large retailer has this option, why doesn't Dick's? Sounds like Dick is a real Dick.

modified review This review was modified by DisgustedNChicago on January 27 2014 09:23:44 AM

"About a week ago I bought 2 Co2 tanks for my paintball gun, as i was walking out of the store one of the store clerks told me that he could fill the tanks for me, and I was grateful for that. Then 2 days after I realized that I didn't need these tanks since my dad decided to buy me a carbon fiber tank for my gun, so I went back to Dick's to return these tanks. When I arrived I asked the manager if I could return these tanks since I didn't need them anymore, but then he quickly told me that I couldn't because the tanks were already filled with Co2, but then I told him that these tanks were filled in this store, he just shook his head and told me it was policy not to take these tanks back. Disappointed I decided to leave the store not wanting to waste anymore of my time, with 2 tanks which I'll probably never use again. I'll never buy from Dick's again unless they change these stupid policies."

modified review This review was modified by EgieDeAsis on January 26 2014 12:15:18 PM

"I will never order anything online from Dicks Sporting Goods again. I ordered a Under Armour Hoodie for my niece Jaylyn. First they lost my package and then they tell me they are out of the color(which was the color she wanted) I ordered and they are going to credit me back my money I should receive it in 3 to 5 business days and that I would have to reorder a different color and they would have to charge me again and for my troubles they would overnight the new order to me. So I ordered a different color and was charged again. The package was not over nighted I received it two days later and now I am in business day 9 right now of fighting to get my money back! This is getting a bit ridiculous!!!"

modified review This review was modified by john31763 on December 19 2013 07:51:27 AM

"they stink! read the following that I have cut and pasted from an actual chat:

System: Connected with Kevin M.. Your reference number for this chat session is 456036.

cathie cline: placed this order online. It took over two weeks to arrive and I had to call to get it sent because you basically LOST the order. Then when it got here, the shoes didn't fit and I drove way out to the store to return them and they would only give me

cathie cline: back $70 insrtead of the $98 you charged me and would not refund myc ard only give me a gift card

cathie cline: I request a full refund

Kevin M.: Hello, Cathie! My name is Kevin. I apologize for this issue. I would be happy to help you with this today!

Kevin M.: Can you please verify your billing zip code and telephone number?

cathie cline: that would be a nice change of pace

Kevin M.: The store will only refund you the store price. Since you used Paypal, a store return would only give you a merchandise credit.

cathie cline: so I am charged the extra $28 for the thrill of dealing with you or what?

cathie cline: how should I have handled this differently other than shopped at amazon?

Kevin M.: I apologize for any confusion.

Kevin M.: As stated, that is what happens when you return an item to the store, rather than ship it back.

cathie cline: not stated until now though

Kevin M.: I have issued a return label to your e-mail address on-file. You can expect to receive the e-mail within 1-2 business days.

cathie cline: again, i'm just out $28 for having the stupidity to shop online with dicks? I just want to bne sure I get this straight befgore I post this all online and send ot to every one I know

Kevin M.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today, Cathie?

Kevin M.: Did you receive my reply?

cathie cline: I want to be clear, I am just out $28 bucks, right?

Kevin M.: I apologize for any continued confusion you may have. As stated, that is only what happens when you return the item to the store. Simply use the label I have issued to send the item back to our warehouse.

cathie cline: gooooooooood luck staying employed

modified review This review was modified by cathieisgreat on December 14 2013 01:54:25 PM

"Do not order from Dicks sporting goods.. they took my money and will not ship the merchandise. Its been 7 days and they told me that it is still in the warehouse and the only thing they can tell me is that it will ship soon. Guess Amazon prime is my new way to shop!!"

modified review This review was modified by Kohls83 on December 11 2013 11:49:08 AM
Rating 4/102/5

"I purchased on line a KidKick wave master in the black Friday ad you were to get as a special a free pair of gloves ( a10$ value), the flyer also said 20% off Thursday through Saturday. So when I go to the cart it won't apply the 20 % off so I called Dicks. The customer service rep told me I wouldn't get the 20 off because as a promotion I was getting free gloves. Even though I would have rc'd 16$ off with the 20 off I was ok with it. Well the delivery came in 7 days later with no gloves so I called customer service, I was told there was no way for them to verify the ad so nothing they could o, I was furious to say the least I have the ad in my hand and they are saying they can't access it. I was told that no managers were available for 48 to 60 hours but I would get a call, th call never came. To add I did get the rep to locate th ad on line but he was told by the manager that they couldn't except 3rd party in fo ( meaning google). I have purchase a lot of sports equipment and clothing from dicks but from now on I will travel the extra 10 minutes and go to sports authority"

modified review This review was modified by Svontell on December 09 2013 11:39:20 AM

"Online ordering is a nightmare. Sat in my "cart" for 3 days before they even shipped the package so I didn't get it on time like I would have with a normal business. Then when my item was out for delivery Dick's failed to include my apartment number so it was undeliverable. I will probably never order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by droth406 on November 26 2013 12:06:38 PM

"DICKS is HORRIBLE! Went to buy a gun and the guys knew nothing. Went as far as threatening me if I was making a 'straw purchase' to try to act like he had authority. VERY ODD EXPERIENCE."

modified review This review was modified by Brooknoel on November 25 2013 09:09:54 AM

"Dicks had an online boat sale with free shipping. The delivery date was changed 3 times and then I got a call 3 days late saying the delivery company could come on that day if I was available. I wanted my boat so I took another day off.

I got the boat and it had a huge gouge in the bottom. The boat was also missing the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin so I could not register it. I called customer service and some punk kid answered and talked to me like I am a pos. They did not even know what the MCOO was and said they would get back to me the next day. I said don't bother because I am returning it.

I ended up returning it right to the store and went to Bass Pro Shops down the street and came home with a new boat with no gouges or scratches, MCOO, a few new lures and soft baits, and a big Kool-Aid Smile on my face. BPS is amazing and bends over backwards for you while Dick's expects you to do the bending.

"Ordered online with these guys for camping equipment. Unbelievably affordable. Great Prices."

modified review This review was modified by banana3423312 on June 14 2013 06:07:22 AM

"I would rather drink poison than ever buy anything else from Dick'sSportingGoods.com. I ordered two items, which they said they had in stock. The first item arrived in six days, the second item never arrived. Their customer service is the absolute pits. They use UPS Innovations by Mail for shipping, and apparently the second item has been sitting in the post office in Jersey City for the past four days, but no one can really tell me for sure. Their customer service people said I could ship the item back for a refund when it arrives. So far, it hasn't arrived after nearly two weeks from the date of order. Don't do business with them unless you enjoy getting screwed over."

"I do not want to be mean or vent, that is not why I wanted to review Dicks.

I went there a week ago, spent $85.02 and was handed $14.98 change - not a big deal, but at my store, we would never make 98 cents change. We can spare the two cents, and our customers appreciate that! Maybe because we are small and closer to our client base than Dicks or maybe we realize the amount of goodwill you generate for $0.02 :)

On another note, I was shopping for a kayak yesterday. I found the perfect one on their web site - and for $200 cheaper than at Sports Authority. However, it would cost $240 to ship it OUCH! On top of that, it clearly stated that it would take 3-4 WEEKS before it left the warehouse. LOL I thought there was something wrong so I called and asked if they could send the Kayak to the store and I could pick it up there. No, I would have to pay the $240 regardless. I also asked about the 3-4 weeks before it left the warehouse. I was told there was no way to shorten that. I can only assume that this warehouse is so freaking big and that the kayak is way way in the back, and up real high. I will not be rushing back anytime soon. I bought off of Craigslist instead.