• Dick's Sporting

Product & services pricing Rating 2.87/10 2.87/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.92/10 0.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.34/10 1.34/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10

"Ordered an Underbrush BugMaster 3DCamo IF and had it shipped to my 8 year-old nephew as a surprise. Well, they managed to ruin the moment by only sending him the top, but not the pants. Ok, accidents happen.... But when I called customer service to have the pants sent they tell me they can't just send the pants. They have to resend the entire set and my sister (nephews mom) now has to deal with the hassle of returning the top via UPS. Worse, IF my sister doesn't return the top I get charged AGAIN! Talk about turning a good intention into sh-t. For one, what should have been such a surprise for my nephew was ruined, then, the recipients mom is now saddled with the burden of repackaging and getting the top to UPS. She works 12 hours a day, 3 kids, sick husband. Just what she needed. Even asked to speak to a Supervisor to file a complaint but it was like speaking to a brick wall. There was NO getting Dicks to just send the missing piece and make the customers life easier. Their customer service is ZERO. Boy, is this store appropriately named. "

"My boyfriend and i went to dicks sporting goods this past weekend. We have been planning to buy bikes for a while now. Since i didn't have a lot of knowledge of bikes The people that worked there were really helpful. Specially a seller named George. He answered all my questions. He was very professional and understandable. Since i was in a budget he showed me a grateful amount of bikes to try out. At the end i ended up buying one That fits me perfectly . It's a diamondback serene color blue. Now i ride it daily to my college. no complains. next time we go I know for sure my boyfriend will buy a bike"

"Placed online for basketball shoes for my 10 yrs daughter on Dec 28. The items suppose to be shipped in few days. Call and email several times. Finally i called and raised hill and spoke to a supervisor on 15 and they said that they will overnight the shoes and will get it Fri Jan 16. Guess what the item wasnt shipped overnight. I called today Jan 17 and the supervisor said that the item will be in Mon and they dont deliver on Sat. I asked her to send me a return label to send the product back when I receive it. I don't recommend Dicks to anybody and this is the last time I will order from them."

modified review This review was modified by Khashroom on January 17 2015 03:13:17 PM

"I ordered a pair of cleats for my son online on Dec 23. Wow, couldn't believe the deal I was getting on the clearance! Well, apparently, neither could Dick's. They cancelled my order. No explanation. While I waited though, the website stated 'located in stock'. I even phoned customer service and was told, 'they are showing in stock'. So after they cancelled, I called and get told it was cancelled due to a pricing error. How about that? Guess they didn't want to honour their clearance price. In their apology letter, they offered me a 15% off code for my next order. Next thing, the cleats are back up on the site for $10 more. So I reordered, used my 15% code and again, they are exactly the same price as the first order. We shall see if they honour this time, as so far, they claim they are on back order. Not cancelled yet, but I am waiting. Still showing on the web though. You are right, they are living up to their name. Why put prices on and then not honour them? I will certainly update the situation. If they do it again, I will have a lot more to say and I will certainly share my story with my very large baseball community here. Also, a supervisor never did get back to me as per my request. "

"Dicks is over priced and a complete rip off. They put out these coupons that are have so many terms and conditions that you cant use them on literally anything. If you read the back of them they have it so the coupon is not good on almost every single brand they carry which makes no fricken sense. I was going to order two under armor hoodies and a north face from there and I could not use a $10 off coupon... and they could not guarantee shipping by Christmas on the items. Not only did I find all three of these items at a different store for cheaper, I also used a 20% off coupon and got free 2nd day shipping. Dicks is a rip off and I WILL NEVER shop here... I hope other people choose not to shop here as well so we can put this place out of business. "

modified review This review was modified by HMB1025 on January 02 2015 01:26:22 PM

"Ordered two North Face on black friday sales at Dicks also. I have the copy of my email stating IN STOCK STANDARD SHIPPING 3-6 business days. Received 2nd email stating order processing also on Nov. 27. On Dec 8th suddenly the order is CANCELLED. Not acceptable. I am or should I say WAS a really good customer. My receipt said IN STOCK. When they say they can CANCELL that does not mean if they run out after being in stock and tell me weeks later that my very special Christmas present wasn't going to arrive. That means cancel a sale before saying IN STOCK. To top it off after I emailed my displeasure they emailed me a $15 coupon(no thanks). An insult since they offer $20+ off almost daily on sales emails. No thank you. Should have offered the next jacket up which supposedly was cheaper at full retail than this one. Now this one is back in stock at all sizes (mmmm). How about you send them to me now Dicks. I don't mind gifting late!"

modified review This review was modified by dolphin06 on December 28 2014 07:49:30 AM

"Ordered Lebron 12's for a Christmas gift for my girlfriend's son. He opens them up today on Christmas and ITS TWO LEFT SNEAKERS!!!! HOW?????? Holy annoying and disappointing. Going to Dick's first thing in the morning...i hope they have the size in stock."

"Horrible, horrible company! Do not hire their service that will place yoru basketball hoop. I ordered mine on 11-28-2014 and they can't place it until 1-12-2015... Ridiculous. The Dick's staff (by the way they live up to that name DICK) cares not and are very disorganized. They are quick to sell you their credit card but are not there to service your order."

modified review This review was modified by Velpro10 on December 23 2014 07:38:10 AM

"My experience almost mirrors that of kespied. I ordered a NCAA jersey that was on sale for $15.00 on the 13th of December and I got an email stating it was cancelled because it was out of stock on the 17th. I called customer service and they said oh we have plenty of them I will just reorder it for you. I asked will it get to me by Christmas and the lady said yes. Only catch its not on sale now. But she ensures me they will credit me back the difference later. Well Christmas is in two days and it has not shipped yet so I call customer service again and they don't know anymore than I do. What good is customer service if all they can do is repeat back what you told them. I am sure it will be cancelled and I wont have a Christmas gift for my son. Do not buy from these guys they are the worst. "

modified review This review was modified by datatechtampa on December 22 2014 05:48:09 PM

"DON'T BUY HERE -YOU'LL REGRET IT. On 11/28/14, I purchased an outdoor basketball set at a total cost of 209.25. It shp'd 11/29/14. Arrived 12/4/14 in a damaged box. Obviously pieces could be missing from it. Husband refused to accept dlvry. Called Dick's that day about the credit back to my credit card. Told they wouldn't issue the credit even though they had the refusal & return tracking from FedX records. Said I should have the credit by the following week. It's now 12/20 and after speaking to Cust serv multiple times - I HAVE STILL NOT REC'D THE CREDIT. I'm now being told today, that the credit won't be issued until some time after 12/26. In the meantime, I'll have to pay my credit card for an item we refused and that we don't have!!!!! This has been a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE & I WON'T BE SHOPPING AT DICK'S ONLINE STORE AGAIN. "

modified review This review was modified by 83silverlady on December 20 2014 12:50:10 PM

"My shopping experience with Dicks has been the most frustrating and disappointing online shopping experience I have had in my entire life. I purchased NCAA hoodies on Dec 13 as Christmas presents. My brother, who is mentally challenged, had asked specifically for an OSU hoodie which I purchased from Dicks for him. Order was confirmed and order status was moved to the processing stage. Fast forward a week to Dec 19th and now less than a week before Christmas Dicks cancels my order! No explanation. NOTHING. I attempt to contact customer service and am disconnected not once but TWICE. I give up Dicks! You have lost my business and the business of anyone within earshot. Unacceptable, nonexistent customer service, cancelling holiday orders with less than a week til christmas, really?!?!? Dick move Dick's. I hope your business fails quickly and in the most epic fashion possible. "

modified review This review was modified by kespied on December 19 2014 09:48:12 AM

"Dicks is the most unprofessional corporation that I have ever ordered something from.... I bought an elliptical over two weeks ago, according to store policy I can not pick it up in store so they must deliver it to my house, they said it would be at my house in 3 days.... They said it would come sometime from 11-3 so I stayed home from work, they never came I called and they said they confused the order it would be here in 2 more days..... It never came, they called and said it would come yesterday they promised any time from 3-6 again I stayed home from work, the driver left a message on my machine at 3 saying he would be here in 1 hour, he never came did not answer any of my calls and never called back, the amount of excuses I have heard both in the store, from the driver and on the phone is rediculous.... A $900 machine I ordered and now spent two days home from work for it never to come.... If this continues I will cancel my order and never shop there again, and with 5 boys playing 3 seasons of sports I spend hundreds of dollars and always go to Dicks, never again."

modified review This review was modified by Bricalcagno on December 18 2014 04:19:30 PM

"Like many other reviews-canceled items notified days (in my case 4) after order submitted. Very crappy phone customer service unwilling to budge to further discount another $7.50 to price match canceled item. Hey Dick's: you do have competitors out there who care about customer satisfaction!"

modified review This review was modified by soonernstlouis on December 18 2014 09:12:32 AM

"Tried to order a hydration pack at promotional pricing online. Within a few days, the order was cancelled and no reason was provided. Don't waste your time. Avoid Dick's Sporting Goods (at least online)."

"Bait and cancel seems to be the Dick's sporting goods way. After 5 days they cancelled my order for lack of inventory, yet the website will allow new orders at a higher price. This merchant has lost my trust."

modified review This review was modified by BryanOnline on December 11 2014 04:53:10 PM

Share Dick's Sporting Goods's store rating

Dick's Sporting Goods is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!