Stores > Design Public
    • Contact: help@designpublic.com
    • Phone: 800-506-6541
    • Customer Support: 800-506-6541
    • Business Hours: 9a-5p PT

Voice your opinion! Review Design Public by clicking a star below.

2016-10-08

Way too long

"After taking my money they advised they were surprisingly out of stock. The delivery day kept getting pushed. They did refund my payment but otherwise were either dumb or dishonest ... Id avoid if possible. "

2016-09-26

Great site!

"I'm very satisfied with Design Public."

2016-09-20

Product was great; delivery was awful

"I was notified when the bed was shipped out for delivery and told that I could schedule my delivery when it got closer. The next communication I had was from the movers waiting outside my house when I was 3-hours away at a wedding. We had to step out of the ceremony to make arrangements for a friend to drag the boxes inside for us, out of the rain (where they were left by the movers). Horrible communication. That said, design public had the best price on the two beds and the quality of the product is excellent. "

2016-09-10

Wrong product took weeks to resolve!

"I ordered two bar stools from Design Public. I waited three months for them. On the day of delivery One stool showed up in the wrong color. DP didn't seem to care. Instead they wanted me to prove it was the wrong color (no consideration given that it was also only one stool instead of two). I had to take pictures and made four phone calls. The wrong stool sat in my home in the box for almost three weeks while they claimed to be trying to get ahold of the vendor. Don't waste your time. "

2016-08-25

Bait and Switch Sales Tactics

"First time, last time customer here. This merchant engages in 'bait and switch' tactics.

I ordered a discounted "open box" item- a $900 chair for around $600. My card was charged. Instead of notice the chair was on the way, I soon got an e-mail from "Lauren" informing me the item was "no longer available." No reference to a pending refund, just tough luck, and some links suggesting I pick up an ugly, cheap looking patio chair for $499- instead of the oak framed name brand item I had ordered.

When I called to ask how they can sell an item, take the price advertised from your account, and then send an e-mail stiffing the person who ordered from them without referring to a refund, "Lauren" told me: "We can't complete a sale until we charge your card." Hilarious- according to them, the sale was "completed," you just don't get the item, and have to call to get your refund. After that little chat, I later got an e-mail informing me the refund to my card would take 3-5 days- and keep in mind, this was after I had to call to ask for what should have been automatic, once they cancelled the sale.

Speaking as an attorney, this is worse than just a crappy customer relations practice- it's a breach of contract. If you sell an item, and take the money from the customer, and you oversold, that's on the merchant.

In sum: if you see a list price on Design Public, take it with a big chunk of salt. Reading through the other reviews here this morning, I can see that their poor service it not limited to 'open box' overselling.

This review was modified by J.Miller on August 25 2016 01:16:16 PM

2016-08-25

Super fast delivery

"I was putting together the nursery for our first baby when I bought a beautiful glider and ottoman from design public. They kept me very informed of the shipping status, got it to me very quickly, and always had an answer when I called to track delivery as I was going to be out of town and wanted to make sure someone was home when my chair arrived. And it is my favorite piece in the nursery! It looks just like the photos and is beautifully made. This is the first but will not be the last thing I buy from design public.❤️"

2016-08-04

Excellent service

"I received replacement parts promptly."

took a long time

"We bought some items to give as Christmas presents around late November/early December and they came much later (after Christmas), even though the initial estimate was that they would come on time. Customer service gave us a discount as a result."

2016-07-21

"Everything shipped quickly and was cuter than advertised!! Easy assembly. Totally pleased!"

Great Service!

"They have a fantastic array of products and I was very impressed by both the pre sale and post sale service. "

2016-06-23

Took a while, but delivered as promised

"The item was backordered and then further delayed on top of that. Still, it did come"

2016-05-04

Cool product and on time delivery

"Got my brother the bottle axe for Christmas and he loved it. Order was delivered on time and looked great. Completely satisfied."

2016-04-01

worst quality bed ever

"bought the LAX storage bed, horrible quality, pieces missing. Had it only 3 months and it is already starting to fall apart.

Much lower quality than even ikea.

2016-03-16

"Very happy with everything. Easy to order. Quick delivery,and nice product."

2016-03-15

The Wow! Factor

"I bought a beautiful large pendant lighting fixture. I couldn't quite figure if it would be too large for the space. What an amazing feature it turned out to be. Pricing was good and delivery was right on time. Overall great experience."

Share Design Public's store rating

Design Public is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Design Public is a merchant member
Design Public participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,426 merchant members.