Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"What a TOTAL RIP-OFF!! The Alliance HealthCard Gold Program was suggested to us by the receptionist at a dentist we went to see - because there was the possibility of one of needing a crown or possibly a butterfly bridge. But, after we paid for the plan, suddenly they did not adhere to the fees shown on the website - and the receptionist gave us the excuse that "oh, all that information is at least 2 years old!".
Since that time, we have tried to make appointments with dentists shown as being providers in our area - but, when you ask them about the Alliance HealthCard Gold Program - they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it!! Then they begin to ask you what the website says they charge??!!!
Sooooooooo, DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON THIS TOTAL WASTE!!

modified review This review was modified by Selfemployeddentalpatient on April 11 2014 01:20:24 PM

"Absolute scam!
I did a lot of research here. They add a lot of Dentists but they don't remove them. Dentists are retired, or have sold their practices, or no longer participate.
Getting out of the plan is a nightmare if you sign up.
BUYER BEWARE

"I bought the Patriot Plan from DentalPlans.com and they told me that my dentist was covered. So I went with it but had to agree on a one time non refundable $15 fee. That should have been red flag, because my dentist told me he never heard such a plan. I asked for a refund but obviously lost out on the $15 fee. This is how DentalPlans.com makes money just in case. Lesson learned. Just get a list of the insurance plans that your Dentist accepts."

"No body knows how much you save!! IF anything? the only ones making money here is the dentist and the people that sells you the plan.
i purchased the family package $ 200 bucks and i already spent $ 1500.00 xrays and cleaninns for my wife and i and my 6 year old and 4 year old daugther at the dentist WITH the discount card!!! jejejeje...but that is not all....Now i am suppoused to be back in 3 months....jejejeje...Not THE REGULAR OR MINIMUN 6 MONTHS...CALL your dental plan.....they do not know what the heck you talking about!!! ...classic!!!,,NEVER AGAIN!! I WILL NEVER BUY DENTAL DISCOUNT CARD!!!!....SIMPLY THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THE REAL NUMBERS....ONLY HOW MUCH THEY WANT!!!!

modified review This review was modified by RICKA1111 on December 19 2013 03:40:41 PM

"Poor customer service experience. I paid for a one-year dental discount plan through dentalplans.com. Shortly afterwards, I contacted their customer support team for assistance, I wasn't sure if I had chosen the right plan for me and I needed some clarification, I never received a response. This company had no problem contacting me, however, after the year was up and they wanted me to renew. They've called me 5 times, and have mailed (no joke) at least 20 letters asking me to renew the plan. On a single day I received 7 renewal letters in one mail delivery. I didn't want to renew, I told them as much on the phone, and they continue to mail me their junk mail. A rather obnoxious way to do business. I will avoid dentalplans.com in the future and recommend my friends and family do the same. In my experience, they're not interested in talking to you until it's time to renew."

"THIS IS A BAIT AND SWITCH COMPANY. They offer plans that promise free cleanings and when you see the dentist, not one dentist on the list will do the free cleaning. All will say that a deep cleaning is needed just to get some business. They make promises that they cannot deliver and will not refund money. They automatically charge your credit card for each following year without your permission. The only way to get this stopped is to sign up on their site and change that option. I only picked one star because they would not give NO stars as an option. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AND DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY."

modified review This review was modified by BW6850 on August 16 2013 12:57:51 PM

"We have used the DentalPlans "Cigna" plan several times, and each time we were billed the Cigna negotiated rate, which was far below the "usual and customary" (UC) rate. Today, for example, I had a crown installed for $637, which is about what our employer-provided dental insurance used to pay, and a whopping $526 less than the UC charges. After retirement, we had no dental insurance, and we had to pay the full UC charges, because dentists must actually bill some clients at the UC rates to justify the reduced rates they negotiate with insurers. DentalPlans gives you a way around the UC rates at a very reasonable price.

Don't hesitate to sign up, just remember that it's a discount plan, not insurance.

modified review This review was modified by edj000 on September 23 2013 12:04:17 PM

"Really appreciate the inputs from chirodc2007 to help me understand how this type of plan works.
#1 Call before showing up and explain the plan to make sure they are aware and will provide the service for the same amount they get from dental insurance.
So the reason for my review is that you actually pay more by using dentalplans.com. At their site I selected a service, and started checking out, but when they tacked on a $15 "processing fee" I decided that I should try contacting the dental company (Cigna) directly, just to see what they would charge.
BTW - I went with them as my dentist uses and recommended this service.
I contacted Cigna Plus Savings, and got 1 year for $120 -- vs the $205 I would have been charged if I had used dentalplans.com. In fairness, it would have included 3 extra months...but that does not make up much of the difference.

If you use this non-insurance discount route, use dentalplans.com to see what plans are available -- they get 2 stars for providing that service, but DO NOT use them to purchase the discount service if possible.

modified review This review was modified by Tipscorner on June 19 2013 10:01:05 AM

"Do NOT use their service. You will NOT get the discounts they advertise, as it is up to the dentist how much they charge. If you hold the dentist to the contract price, the dentist will add on other *fees* to make up their loss, which is allowed under this plan.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

modified review This review was modified by Cartman945 on October 31 2012 02:23:28 PM

"Waste of money. It only saves a couple dollars and in some cases the price the dentist charges is lower than the Dentamax "discount rate." What a ripoff. "

modified review This review was modified by Moorhead1999 on September 24 2012 12:22:11 PM

"They falsley advertise everything and hide behind fine print that you dont see. Stay far far away from them!! Wont let you cancel! Im out $180 and now have to buy real dental insurance.. Learned my lesson"

"I have had the plan for about 2 days and I have already saved what I paid for the plan. Sure its not insurance. But it worked for what I needed. I even for my dentist to print out a paper on what I would be sting versus what I really paid. I am quite impressed with it. After reading reviews on this site I was a bit worried but all the dentist I contacted knew exactly what I ws talking about and were willing to show me what I was savin"

"I purchased a plan with DentalPlans.com and saved a TON of money on my dental bills. Not only did I find a plan for my entire family for $180, we each get 2 free cleaning a year. That alone is 6 cleanings for $180. And, my daughter cracked a tooth in December, and needed to get an x-ray, which was also covered! She will probably need braces next year, and my dentist told me I will save 20% too. This plan was worth every penny."

"Huge fraud! They try to say the rates online are an average but when you call, they can only find prices higher than what's online. How is that an average?!?!? And, they won't refund you when you call them out. Horrible service! Do not waste a penny. "

"I checked into this zip 33704.

Preferred Network Access by CIGNA

Procedure Savings Usual Disc Savings %

D1110 Adult Teeth Cleaning $102 $44 $58 57%

D0120 Routine 6 Month Check-Up $57 $20 $37 65%

Sounds good. $64 for both procedures and my dentist accepts it.

In reality...the dentists normal charge is.

D1110 Adult Teeth Cleaning $76

D0120 Routine 6 Month Check-Up $42

Dental plans - Cigna with my dentist.

D1110 $85.00
D0120 $46.00

Yes. The CIGNA plan payment is more than the dentists normal fee. So where is the discount ?

What a ripoff. So much for the DISCOUNT.

DentalPlans.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DentalPlans.com is not a merchant member
DentalPlans.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!