• DentalPlans.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"My advice - contact your dentist first and ask them what plans they accept and what the fees will be for each plan. It may take some time and you may feel obligated to take your dentist or administrator out to lunch for taking up their time, but it will be worth it. DO NOT BELIEVE any costs shown on the DentalPlans.com site. These are either teaser, bait-and-switch rates or they are obsolete. Only then will you know the true cost of the plan and what your coverage will be."

"I thought I made a mistake because I purchased 1st without going to look at the reveiws. Once I saw the reviews on all the other sites it freaked me out so bad and I called back and asked a million questions! The rep that I spoke to was very helpful! Man to be honest I never write reviews or anything but he was so cool and explained everything so good it really helped sooth my nervousness about the company. I called my dentist, and the prices were EXACT! This saved me so much money man I can't even explain really. I went with Carrington 500, so I dont know about the other plans, but THIS plan is definitely legit! Very satisfied dude here."

This review was modified by trevenlozano on April 29 2015 09:28:04 AM

"As a person that works for dental plans I'm obligated to say these are good plans but here's the thing they really are an people that say they are such horrible plans they are not depending on what your needs are is the plan we try to point you to different plans save you different money. Some plans are more pricey than others but that's only because they have so many extras attached to it. You can also purchase vision and hearing plans as well the Patriot plan does not give you free cleaning but it does give you free 6 months check ups an x-rays . An we do not mail out fee schedules cause each dentist has their own it would be impossible to send people every single one. That's your job to find the Ada billing code an follow up with our member care team to assist you . "

This review was modified by cory1234 on March 23 2015 05:14:06 AM

"This year I did not take insurance and took this plan just because of cost. It was really a bad decision. This is discount plan and I tried several doctors which we shown in the list on website but nobody accept this plan and provide any discounts. I tried customer care and mentioned that but they defended by saying doctors list may be old and they may have stopped accepting. Unfortunately, while selling this (CIGNA) plan, they convinced me only by showing my doctor in the list.

In my opinion, insurance has been the best. And next year I will again switch back from this discount dental plan.

This review was modified by cavineet on February 23 2015 03:46:14 PM

"I wish I would have seen these reviews before signing up with DentalPlans.com. Total ripoff!! They won't give you a fee schedule once you pay. The dentist can charge whatever they like and you have no recourse. You would be better off bringing in a coupon from McDonalds."

This review was modified by tcwhite on January 15 2015 08:00:55 AM

"What a rip-off! Stay away from this site. It does not deliver what it advertises. Before I purchased a discount plan from this site I called my dentist to be sure they participated and they said they did. The web site says you can get 15-50% savings. I purchased a plan called Vital Savings by Aetna. Went to dentist for 6 month cleaning and exam which has cost me $132 a visit for the last couple of years. With discount card I was hoping to save 20, 30 or 40%. (I am a realist, I didn't really expect to save 50%) When all was said and done, my savings - $16, which was only 12%. At that rate I won't even break even on the cost of the card. I called Dentalplans.com and they said my dentist had jacked up the price to minimize their loss from the discount card, but I know that isn't true because I've been paying $132 a visit without the card and that is what they charged with the card minus $16. So, buyer beware!!! "

This review was modified by Jozap on December 19 2014 10:59:31 AM

"When I signed up for the Patriot Plan I saw that I was supposed to get a free cleaning. NOT! I went to get my daughter's teeth cleaned and expected to pay nothing, but they said it didn't show that under this plan. So I wrote them and told them that maybe I signed up under the wrong plan. It took them 4 days to get back to me after it says they will get back to you in 24-48 hours. They told me to call them to cancel if I wasn't happy. When I called they hand me over to a pain-in-the-butt sales rep. that kept trying to switch me to a more expensive plan, but didn't even have my dentist on it. I told her I wasn't interested and I wanted my money back. She just kept repeating the same thing over and over and then said she had to put me on hold and speak to her supervisor. I was on hold for 10 mins. and had to hang up. Then I went to look at my checking account online and saw she charged me for that other plan after I told her NO! They already had my account info, from when I signed up before and took it upon themselves to charge me without my consent. I wrote a nasty letter and didn't expect a thing, but eventually they refunded that amount. DON'T EVER GO THERE!!! THIS IS A WARNING!!"

"Cosmetically my smile is most important. This plan has saved me hundreds in my first visit to the dentist alone. Not only that I can use my CVS iSave plan at CVS too. Thank you!"

"My plan was so worth it! I saved on all of my routine maintenance and was even able to save on veneers to replace my two broker teeth! Without this plan, I would've paid at least $1000 out of pocket. With my plan, I paid less than half. I couldn't be happier."

This review was modified by beydiva24 on October 10 2014 02:10:08 PM

"I am shocked by some of the reviews on this site! Honestly, seems like some competitor sabotage. Regardless, I have had an incredible experience with DentalPlans. I have had my plan for nearly 5 years now and have saved thousands of dollars. When my dentist retired, I called DentalPlans and they helped me find another dentist 5 minutes away that took an even BETTER plan than the one I had. Highly recommended"

This review was modified by jonwal32 on October 11 2014 10:45:49 AM

"What a TOTAL RIP-OFF!! The Alliance HealthCard Gold Program was suggested to us by the receptionist at a dentist we went to see - because there was the possibility of one of needing a crown or possibly a butterfly bridge. But, after we paid for the plan, suddenly they did not adhere to the fees shown on the website - and the receptionist gave us the excuse that "oh, all that information is at least 2 years old!".
Since that time, we have tried to make appointments with dentists shown as being providers in our area - but, when you ask them about the Alliance HealthCard Gold Program - they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it!! Then they begin to ask you what the website says they charge??!!!
Sooooooooo, DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY ON THIS TOTAL WASTE!!

This review was modified by Selfemployeddentalpatient on April 11 2014 01:20:24 PM

"Absolute scam!
I did a lot of research here. They add a lot of Dentists but they don't remove them. Dentists are retired, or have sold their practices, or no longer participate.
Getting out of the plan is a nightmare if you sign up.
BUYER BEWARE

"I bought the Patriot Plan from DentalPlans.com and they told me that my dentist was covered. So I went with it but had to agree on a one time non refundable $15 fee. That should have been red flag, because my dentist told me he never heard such a plan. I asked for a refund but obviously lost out on the $15 fee. This is how DentalPlans.com makes money just in case. Lesson learned. Just get a list of the insurance plans that your Dentist accepts."

"No body knows how much you save!! IF anything? the only ones making money here is the dentist and the people that sells you the plan.
i purchased the family package $ 200 bucks and i already spent $ 1500.00 xrays and cleaninns for my wife and i and my 6 year old and 4 year old daugther at the dentist WITH the discount card!!! jejejeje...but that is not all....Now i am suppoused to be back in 3 months....jejejeje...Not THE REGULAR OR MINIMUN 6 MONTHS...CALL your dental plan.....they do not know what the heck you talking about!!! ...classic!!!,,NEVER AGAIN!! I WILL NEVER BUY DENTAL DISCOUNT CARD!!!!....SIMPLY THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THE REAL NUMBERS....ONLY HOW MUCH THEY WANT!!!!

This review was modified by RICKA1111 on December 19 2013 03:40:41 PM

"Poor customer service experience. I paid for a one-year dental discount plan through dentalplans.com. Shortly afterwards, I contacted their customer support team for assistance, I wasn't sure if I had chosen the right plan for me and I needed some clarification, I never received a response. This company had no problem contacting me, however, after the year was up and they wanted me to renew. They've called me 5 times, and have mailed (no joke) at least 20 letters asking me to renew the plan. On a single day I received 7 renewal letters in one mail delivery. I didn't want to renew, I told them as much on the phone, and they continue to mail me their junk mail. A rather obnoxious way to do business. I will avoid dentalplans.com in the future and recommend my friends and family do the same. In my experience, they're not interested in talking to you until it's time to renew."

Share DentalPlans.com's store rating

DentalPlans.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DentalPlans.com is not a merchant member
DentalPlans.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!