• Rating 2.14/10 14 reviews

DentalPlans.com is not a merchant member
    DentalPlans.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • DentalPlans.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Absolute scam!
I did a lot of research here. They add a lot of Dentists but they don't remove them. Dentists are retired, or have sold their practices, or no longer participate.
Getting out of the plan is a nightmare if you sign up.
BUYER BEWARE

Rating 4/102/5

"I bought the Patriot Plan from DentalPlans.com and they told me that my dentist was covered. So I went with it but had to agree on a one time non refundable $15 fee. That should have been red flag, because my dentist told me he never heard such a plan. I asked for a refund but obviously lost out on the $15 fee. This is how DentalPlans.com makes money just in case. Lesson learned. Just get a list of the insurance plans that your Dentist accepts."

"No body knows how much you save!! IF anything? the only ones making money here is the dentist and the people that sells you the plan.
i purchased the family package $ 200 bucks and i already spent $ 1500.00 xrays and cleaninns for my wife and i and my 6 year old and 4 year old daugther at the dentist WITH the discount card!!! jejejeje...but that is not all....Now i am suppoused to be back in 3 months....jejejeje...Not THE REGULAR OR MINIMUN 6 MONTHS...CALL your dental plan.....they do not know what the heck you talking about!!! ...classic!!!,,NEVER AGAIN!! I WILL NEVER BUY DENTAL DISCOUNT CARD!!!!....SIMPLY THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THE REAL NUMBERS....ONLY HOW MUCH THEY WANT!!!!

modified review This review was modified by RICKA1111 on December 19 2013 03:40:41 PM

"Do NOT use their service. You will NOT get the discounts they advertise, as it is up to the dentist how much they charge. If you hold the dentist to the contract price, the dentist will add on other *fees* to make up their loss, which is allowed under this plan.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

modified review This review was modified by Cartman945 on October 31 2012 02:23:28 PM

"Waste of money. It only saves a couple dollars and in some cases the price the dentist charges is lower than the Dentamax "discount rate." What a ripoff. "

modified review This review was modified by Moorhead1999 on September 24 2012 12:22:11 PM

"They falsley advertise everything and hide behind fine print that you dont see. Stay far far away from them!! Wont let you cancel! Im out $180 and now have to buy real dental insurance.. Learned my lesson"

"I have had the plan for about 2 days and I have already saved what I paid for the plan. Sure its not insurance. But it worked for what I needed. I even for my dentist to print out a paper on what I would be sting versus what I really paid. I am quite impressed with it. After reading reviews on this site I was a bit worried but all the dentist I contacted knew exactly what I ws talking about and were willing to show me what I was savin"

"I purchased a plan with DentalPlans.com and saved a TON of money on my dental bills. Not only did I find a plan for my entire family for $180, we each get 2 free cleaning a year. That alone is 6 cleanings for $180. And, my daughter cracked a tooth in December, and needed to get an x-ray, which was also covered! She will probably need braces next year, and my dentist told me I will save 20% too. This plan was worth every penny."

"Huge fraud! They try to say the rates online are an average but when you call, they can only find prices higher than what's online. How is that an average?!?!? And, they won't refund you when you call them out. Horrible service! Do not waste a penny. "

"I checked into this zip 33704.

Preferred Network Access by CIGNA

Procedure Savings Usual Disc Savings %

D1110 Adult Teeth Cleaning $102 $44 $58 57%

D0120 Routine 6 Month Check-Up $57 $20 $37 65%

Sounds good. $64 for both procedures and my dentist accepts it.

In reality...the dentists normal charge is.

D1110 Adult Teeth Cleaning $76

D0120 Routine 6 Month Check-Up $42

Dental plans - Cigna with my dentist.

D1110 $85.00
D0120 $46.00

Yes. The CIGNA plan payment is more than the dentists normal fee. So where is the discount ?

What a ripoff. So much for the DISCOUNT.

"I signed up for dental insurance with dentalplans.com and paid their fee for one year. During the process, there was no indication of renewal terms. Since then, I had moved to a new address. A few months back, they charged my credit card without warning or notification. I tried to dispute with my credit card, however, my credit card company said the only way a charge back can be made is through the merchant. Dental plans would not refund me the 119.95 they had charged because they claim I was given ample notice (email and mailing). I did not get the mailing due to the move and the emails were probably filtered out, since they send a lot of junk mail. Had I known that this was their policy on auto-renewing, I would have canceled their service immediately. Based on the other reviews here, people are either not getting what they expected or have to fight to see results. This is not how a company should be run."

Rating 8/104/5

"Okay... so here is an absolute honest review of what I've experienced. I signed up and called the first dentist on the list. The person answering the phone never even heard of the plan... I bought the Alliance HealthCard Gold Card. The plan for the family was suppose to be $199.95 but when I called to get the plan, the salesman offered 15% off if I made the purchase "today". So I ended up paying $170 for the family and got an extra three months tacked on to the 12 month plan.

Anyway... so I check another dentist office and they say they heard of the plan and to make an appointment. I go in and I get someone totally different, and they are all sorts of confused as to who's going to pay for what I don't. I try and explain the best I can that the plan is a discount plan, but they don't seem to get it. They ask for the web address and go into my plan. They then call dentalplans.com and ask "So who exactly pays the difference?" Finally, they get it... and explain it to me. Because I've got he plan, the dentist office agrees to accept my partial payment as full. So how do they agree as to what I pay? By simply saying that I will end up paying the same amount as what Cigna Insurance would pay if the dentist office would submit a claim. So I ask what a root canal would cost... on the example (on the website) it says something like $950... down to $550. Then I ask the girl in the office the actual costs. $975... down to $850. That's not exactly what I'm looking for. As I'm about to tell them to go pound sand, they change their tune and start reducing fees.

I finished my 2nd appointment and was asked to pay for the 1st and 2nd appointment as follows: $195 for initial visit (with a ton of digital x-rays) and pictures. $980 for the root canal and $175 for the "build up" for the eventual crown in a month. The total ended up being $1,350 or something around there. I then reminded them to look at my paperwork again. The woman then brought the total down to $912 and I told her the initial visit was suppose to be "complimentary". She said, "But you're getting all of those other discounts, and that's not right." I told her I bought a plan and she needed to go talk with someone and fix it. Two minutes later she came back with an adjusted final bill of $717... all the way down from $1,355. Not bad... although I did have to fight a little bit for it.

Good luck... but it seems to work... because even dentists are hurting for work.

Eric

"I check with my dentist to see if he would accept this plan, he was listed as a provider. He did not know how they got his name and he stated that he was not a provider nor would he accept the plan."

"I purchased a membership in the Preferred Network Access because in the section How This Plan Can Save You Money they state, "General dentists who participate in Preferred Network Access have agreed to accept the Preferred Network Access contracted rate as payment in full for services performed". Once they had my payment, they refused to allow me access to the contracted fee schedule so I have no way of knowing what I should be charged. I immediately emailed them requesting access to the fee schedule. They waited over three days to send a reply stating they would not let me have access to the fee schedule and then refused to refund my money because I had waited three days from purchase to request a refund. As far as I'm concerned, this is deceptive advertising. They refuse to back up their claims of providing discount dental care."

modified review This review was modified by NoDentalPlans on May 10 2005 11:13:25 AM