Stores > Dell Canada
  • Dell Canada

Voice your opinion! Review Dell Canada by clicking a star below.
2017-02-14

Worst customer service in the world

"Worst customer service in the world"

This review was modified by farzam_moradveisi on February 14 2017 09:30:01 AM

2016-12-20

IF ONLY ZERO STARS WAS AN OPTION!!

"On December 5th, I called Dell to inquire if I placed an order for 2, 2-in-1 laptops for my kids as a Christmas gifts if they could ensure that they would be delivered to me on or before December 23. The answer I received from the agent was "Yes sir, absolutely". I then placed my order and shortly thereafter, received a confirmation email stating that indeed my order would be delivered before December 23rd. On December 15th, I called Dell to inquire if the order had shipped and was at that time told that it had not, but that it will soon and that I could call back in a few days and it will be in transit. On December 19th I called back and was told that the order will now be delivered on December 26! Fantastic!! What a Crock of BS!!
After spending hours on the phone with Dell, my wife even drove to Dell's Toronto office to get the issue resolved--the issue being that we are 4 days away from Christmas, and the big "Santa" gift is now nothing. The folks at Dell refused to even speak with my wife and she was rudely treated by the receptionist.
Upon my 8th call to dell, I was told to go to a retail location and buy something else, and when the Dell items arrive, to just return them...Isn't that amazing customer service!!!

This review was modified by bramptonrich on December 20 2016 12:04:25 PM

2015-10-26

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!
I'd give them a zero star if I could. I've been promised a deal from one of the sales agents and following it up for 3 weeks and no response from them. I contacted the sales manager and he assigned someone to figure things out for me and no response from that agent either after the initial conversation we had over phone.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY PURCHASE FROM DELL CANADA WEBSITE TO ANYONE!!!

2015-02-28

"After recommending Dell to everyone I know, and after purchasing over the years 6 computers, 3 monitors, 4 sets of speakers, various mouse and keyboards, battery backup, external hard drive, I just received my latest purchase. Dell has forgotten, along with so many companies, what has made them so desirable, CUSTOMER SERVICE. After my dealings with dell support yesterday, this will be my last purchase from Dell."

2015-02-27

"It's a hassle......!!!!
Bad service - Shipping delayed - with no good reason.
Each person tells me a different story.

Ordered my desktop on Thursday Feb 12, everything got confirmed on the next day. Live chat service - said It will shipped out on Friday Feb 13 and I should received it on week of Feb 16.

(Do not give your number to live-chat. Once they called you they will ask you to fill the survey before answer you any questions)

On Thursday, Feb 19 received a call :" my package will be arrived on Feb 24."

On Tues, Feb 24 I was hoping I will received it.
BUT GREAT!
They shipped my package back to Dell (U.S).

Next day on Wed, Feb 25, received a call said, my package has been returned to Dell. They will ship out again and they charged me again (Charged me twice on my credit card - unacceptable.). In standard procedure, they should refund the first order and charge me when the second shipment shipped out.

On Friday, Feb 27 received a call from Dell service, it said not sure when the order will be shipped out. They will provide me an update next week. (which I have to wait three more days.....!!)

It's my first time to purchase from Dell. I will NEVER purchase any technology from Dell. Really bad service.

"It will runs out your patience."

2015-01-04

"Purchased a dell slim model desk top, after 14 months the fan started making a loud noise...i googled and found others having the same problem...called dell, warranty was over....had to replace the part...dell did not have the part...i searched the net...but because it was a slim model i could not find the part...called dell and complained but they just said sorry...so had to buy a new PC...no alternative...now that's what i call good service...never buy a Dell product again."

2014-03-07

"A few years ago I purchased a server through Dell. It works well, and in spite of a few glitches it was fixed. Recently I expanded my business and needed a new hard drive for the server. To install it, one needs a bracket in order for it to fit into the machine. I ordered the bracket, but, according to Dell, had to order a hard drive with it. I opened the box and the only things in the box were a hard drive and 4 screws for mounting it - no bracket. Several hours on hold only led to an argument with the idiots on the toll free "customer care" lines, so this morning I am going to go to the head office and exact a pound of flesh. While I'm there I plan to disuade anyone I can from purchasing Dell products unless they give me the bracket I am wanted in the first place.

These guys are crooks. Thieves in the worst sense of the word. They don't care about you. You, their bread and butter are completely unimportant. Avoid them as if they were the SARS virus. They have no issues with ripping people off and sticking to their 30 day period. For the price of a $20 piece of metal and plastic they are willing to give up my future business, which includes 25 PC's and another server. This is stupidity I can't even describe, yet their staff, who would have benefitted in some way, don't give damn.

2013-05-09

"DO NOT BUY A DELL! Was a customer for years and the latest problem has been dismissed. I've had my lap top for 4 months and the software and hardware department kept transferring me back and forth saying it wasn't their problem. I finally went to a independent tech locally and it was a hardware issue. In the mean time Dell had made me purchase a software package that I have now not used. I have contacted them several times asking for a refund of the package I purchased since it was never a software problem. They have not responded."

This review was modified by TJDuM on May 09 2013 07:26:20 AM

2013-02-28

"I was a Dell buyer for 10 years. When I think for a laptop or any computer part the only compagnie for me was Dell. That have completely change! I try to buy a Dell Precision (high cost). For many reason, my order was always cancelled from their side... Sadly, I always discovered that myself... No call, no email, nothing to tell me : "sir we have a problem with your order, ..." Each time I call it was a mess to try to have answer, and the only that I could get was : "do your order again". After 3 repeated failure in a month, Dell lost myclientship."

This review was modified by whipRulz on February 28 2013 10:24:14 AM

2012-12-11

"STAY AWAY from this company unless you need high blood pressure, constant annoying experiences, and the worst possible people to do business with. Period!"

This review was modified by ronniej on December 11 2012 07:03:53 PM

2011-01-16

"Dell canada the WORST online experience I have ever had.

I ordered a laptop for university on june 28th 2010 knowing that it would be revieved before I started in fall. After a few delays I finally recieved the laptop in early August. But to my suprise the laptop had a huge crack on the screen and so I promptly called them to report the damage. The woman on the phone was very polite and told me that I would be recieving an email to print out and stick on the box for an exchange within the next few days. She also told me a new one would be sent between the next 7-10 business days. 10 days past and no email or shipment of my replacement laptop. I called them again to inquire and the lady told me that the order was cancelled and placed again for some reason. I checked the details online for the new order and found that dell had replaced the larger battery that I ordered and payed an extra $50 for with the normal battery. They failed to inform me that they would be sending a cheaper battery, nor offer me a refund for the extra 50 bucks I paid.

I had to call again and ask about it and it was only at that point that the phone operator told me to just switch the batteries with the two laptops and send the cheaper battery back with my broken laptop. So i waited and waited and waited for my laptop to be shipped and it took forever. I kept calling and calling litterally every week but all I got was that it has been delayed and the estimated shipping date was in october. I was like OCTOBER WTF IF I WANTED A LAPTOP IN OCTOBER I WOULDN'T HAVE ORDERED IT IN JUNE I WOULD HAVE ORDERED IT TODAY. at this point it was probably near the end of august.

So I kept calling requesting that my package be a priority and I talked to supervisors and managers who insisted that they have requested it and that I would be recieving it very soon. But the laptop was never sucessfully processed as a priority.

I spent all of august calling dell and ended up just cancelling the order and requested a refund, but wait it gets worse. I sent the laptop back waited for my refund and NEVER got it. I kept calling them and people kept telling me to wait because it was being processed. I waited like a month. I called dozens of times and the only reason why I ended up getting my refund was because my sister got so mad at them she wrote a letter to dell canada's head office where someone of higher power was able to contact me and give me a refund. According to him, the money was somehow sent somewhere else. like WTF.

overall, There is poor communication. I could tell that some phone operators truley wanted to help me solve my problem but they didnt have the authority or power to reach the manufactuer and to make my order a priority.

I also wrote a review explaining my situation on dell's website, someone from the company contacted me via email wanted to help me solve my problem but after I emailed back he did not respond nor was my review posted on the website. They screen reviews and only put the positive ones on their site.

I cannot explain how much stress this put on me and my family it felt like I was going in circles every week calling dell getting the same answer, the phone operators are really polite and know how to make everything sound like its okay but have no way to help you at all. Dell should proritize their exchanges escecially when its their fault, my laptop came damaged, it should have been inspected before shipment. and how can a simple refund be so complicated. I think I talk to like 50 different dell representatives over the course of 2 months.

My overall recomendation is, Dont order from dell online unless you have to, buy their products from best buy instead where returns and exchanges are easier. DO NOT ORDER IN THE SUMMER ITS WAY TOO BUSY THEY CANNOT HANDLE YOUR ORDER THERE WILL BE DELAYS 100% OF THE TIME. i have friends that ordered during the summer too and their orders were delayed.

Share Dell Canada's store rating

Dell Canada is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell Canada is not a merchant member
Dell Canada does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!