Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

"I just called Dell to ask them which monitors they sold with a thin bezel that also supported 3D. The dell employee said "you cannot adjust our bezels". This confused me, because it makes no sense whatsoever. So I replied: I'm confused, of course you can't adjust a bezel. Then she asked "what do you want?" so I repeated my question... assuming she might not have heard it right the first time or would ask for clearer clarification. Then, thinking it would be nice of me to add more details, I added: I'm looking for a monitor of max. 24" that supports 3D, can do 120 Hz and has a reaction speed of 1ms or uses circular polarization and preferable 2160 horizontal lines, if possible, AND that has a very thin bezel. She said "we do not currently have any monitors that support 3D" and disconnected me without waiting for an answer! This was a life chat; I tried to reconnect and she had banned me, because no longer i was able to start a chat. Never, ever will I buy something from Dell."

modified review This review was modified by CarloWood on July 23 2014 09:17:33 AM

"Not reliable. Mine failed out of the box. This company has no quality control. When I called the company I was asked if I had some screw drivers to make repairs. Finally company agreed to replace computer. Problems include memory, networking and sound cards. Techs no speaka da english. Beware of this company and their products - poor quality and non existent support even with on site warranty. Expect the run around with no answers; they figure if they transfer you around enough you'll just go away. Despite a firm promise to deliver replacement with expedited speed I have yet to see it. Calls have determined it is "in production" but no one can tell me where or when to expect delivery. This is understandable since techs are in India and have only a vague idea where the United States is much less exact location of states.
Can I change my review to reflect negative numbers?

modified review This review was modified by jjjbt on July 18 2014 07:13:07 PM

"NEVER buy a Dell, not worth the time or money. Bought a Vostro 3450 laptop, WORST DECISION EVER TO TRUST DELL. They go back on their word constantly and are no help. Paid for 4 years of warranty, the "complete care" and 3 years into it they tell me my warranty was up 31 days after my purchase. Stuck on the phone with them for 4 hours and at the end they tell me they can't help me anymore and there is nothing else they can do and then they don't put my phone call on record so that they aren't liable for any of my problems so each time they act as if it was the first time I called. Been on the phone with them for 3 to 7 hours about once every two weeks for almost a year and a half now. Dell is not worth a dime. Maybe I should change my major so I can be a lawyer and sue Dell. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!"

modified review This review was modified by cassidy_redenz on July 08 2014 09:29:25 AM

"Hard drive failed after 3 months use. They attempt over 15 times to repair this computer by shipping components and reinstalling over and over again. SSD acceleration is still not working. Now they have gone silent and the computer is still not work working correctly. Tech support hadn't heard of their DELL XPS 8700 and claimed they sent me a restore for the 8500 but since they already shipped a restore CD they couldn't ship the correct one. They don't seem to know how their 32GB SSD works to allow the acceleration then stated that I will just have to live with it.
Horrible tech support.

modified review This review was modified by kevinmwills on July 02 2014 04:54:16 PM

"I purchased a samsung galaxy note 3 for SPRINT from DELL on 12/02/14. With this phone that I could use on my SPRINT cell plan I purchased a warranty that was offered to me at the time of the purchase. Today, May 5, 2014 I ATTEMPTED to file a claim with the warranty plan only to find out from the Better Business Bureau that this company had bee shut down and was no longer accredited by the BBB. To make matters worse DELL HAD NOT RECORD of this cell phone purchase-none! Despite the fact that I had a proof of sale with DELL logo stamped on it. I got no where with Dell, no where with SPRINT and ended up calling samsung and the phone was covered under a 1 year warranty and the warranty that I was offered through DELL had nothing to do with samsung. It took 5 phone calls and 1 1/2 hours of time on the phone. Why would DELL partner with a "shady" company and why would DELL have no record of my purchase??? MOBILE DEVICE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (MDPA). i WOULD NEVER EVER DO A PURCHASE LIKE THIS FROM DELL AGAIN. Thank goodness the phone was covered for 1 year by samsung, because the warranty was no good. When I went to the website and entered my phone information I received a message that my phone warranty had expired and could not be renewed. The next excerpt is from the BBB website: BBB Accreditation
On 04/16/2014 this company's accreditation in BBB was revoked by BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to respond to one or more customer complaints filed with the BBB.

modified review This review was modified by carolynann on May 05 2014 06:02:45 PM

"bought a dell XPS8700 on 04/28/2014, it arrived on 04/30/2014. out of the box, the PC just couldnot power on. the power button would blink every 2 seconds. and thats it. Called dell, took me more than a hour to go through the tech support and still could not fix it over the phone. have to return it. This is the first time i've seen a pc that is "dead on delivery". What's going on with Dell? seems Dell quality is going down. or maybe it's just the quality of desktop going down? i bought several dell laptops several years ago and had no issues. very disappointed with dell computer this time. "

modified review This review was modified by texas0081 on April 30 2014 06:24:01 PM

"I have read some reviews on here and I can only assume that the people writing them had some bad experiences with customer service and cannot find an outlet for their frustrations. I have bought two desktop computers and a tablet from dell in the past 5 years. The last desktop I bought was an XPS 8700 during their Black Friday sale. These desktops are overpriced but they come with the support that most people need in order to have piece of mind that their investment is not going to give out on them without any knowledge of repairing it themselves. I have had Dell send me a new hard drive (under warranty) when a nasty virus fried it. Dell even sent a nice man to my home to install it for me.

I have called customer service and talked to a lady who not only did not sound like she spoke English very well, but she was also very rude and did not want to help me in any way. I had to repeat myself many times because of the language barrier. Finally, I just gave up and hung up the phone.

My online experience with Dell customer service has been quite the opposite. I guess it just depends on who you get to help you and what your specific problem is.

I am giving them a mixed review because I love their products but I do not like their high prices or their customer service.

modified review This review was modified by missivylady on April 03 2014 06:11:10 PM

"BUYER BEWARE!! BUYER BEWARE!!

I ordered a custom built T3600 computer on 1-19-14.

When my order was processed I discovered that I had been charged $250.00 for a monitor that I had not ordered.

I then proceeded to place another order that I had no intention of completing to make sure that I had not made a mistake.

Again the order sheet indicated NO MONITOR , but at the very bottom of the order a $250 monitor was included.

When confronted about this fraud and deception Dell offered me $75 off the price of a monitor that I had not ordered.

Needless to say I cancelled my $1700 computer order and the $250.00 unordered monitor.

The computer price was removed from my CC account but the $250.00 charge is still there and is now being challenged.

To be clear. Dell is deliberately adding expensive components to computer orders without customers permission and the customer then has to deal with a return process, multiple email exchanges and their CC account.

I have verified this fraud 2 times.

DELL COMPUTERS

BUYER BEWARE

"Going to steal a laptop? Steal a Dell!

I recently purchased a used laptop, and then started seeing clues that it was stolen. I contacted the police, who didn't have the serial number on file, and they suggested I contact Dell. Dell hinted that while they had the contact info of the previous owner on file, they would not attempt to contact them. My apologies to Becca, whereever you are and whatever your last name is! I tried to get it back to you!

modified review This review was modified by M_Bison on January 17 2014 04:49:16 PM

"Ordered a DELL XPS 15 laptop on 11/28/13, reordered on 12/3 after they cancelled the first order attempt. After they rescheduled the shipping date 3 times they finally cancelled the order on 1/9/2014. Their customer service sucks and they treated me like dirt. I'll never order anything from DELL again. Prior to this I had been buying DELL desktops since the mid-90s and had been satisfied. No more. DELL is a total disaster and dealing with them is a nightmare."

modified review This review was modified by DCOPA on January 09 2014 06:48:10 AM

"Run away from Dell! Having been a dell customer for over 20 years, I recently ordered a laptop from them early December 2013 on a great deal. They strung me along saying it was in process until yesterday when the order was cancelled. I called customer service and they said they ran out of laptops and it is no longer available. I waited through many deals in December for this losing out on other bargains. They told me I could get a lesser machine for the same price or pay more for the new model. Basically they oversold and would not honor my order and so I am out. This is pathetic customer support. Don't bother with them, go somewhere else to buy."

"Dell is the worst company for bait and switch. We bought a 900.00 lap top from Dell on line. When it arrived we called to buy Mircosoft Office. We looked on line and asked the sales person for the "Dell recommended" one. He told us he had a better deal, we could get MS Office for four years for 79.99. We paid for it using our credit card. It was to be loaded remotely. When it never showed up on our computer we called to inquire we were told we bought the University version and since we were not a university it could not be loaded. Ok, so we asked for a refund and were told the product was now used and could not be returned!! STAY AWAY FROM DELL. It took 2 days and hours on the phone speaking to people who speak some language, not sure what. All were very apologetic but in the end it was so sorry too bad for you. They are not getting my money as I am disputing the charge. I am going to Staples today to have Office loaded. Stay the hell away from Dell."

modified review This review was modified by table on December 14 2013 06:19:59 AM

"We are sick and tired of Dell assigning our online orders to a reseller account number. We are not able to retrieve invoice copies online, nor are we able to download software. We have never been a reseller and will never be a reseller. Unfortunately, we bought our first 30 computers through a Dell reseller, so our email domain (regardless of what @ I create), street address, phone number or credit card number throws any and all Small Business orders into that bogus reseller number. They are always very sorry and they are always working on it...sounds like healthcare.gov. What they can't explain is why my personal account numbers from orders I placed ten years before I worked here somehow got commingled with my employer's!!!"

modified review This review was modified by TedZeck on December 02 2013 03:58:47 PM

"i placed an order on 29th of Nov and received the email that order has some issue.. pls call back.. Now, after spending 4 and half hours of calls, they are saying that its not in stock... This is the worst kind of online shopping i have ever done..

modified review This review was modified by atul.bits on December 02 2013 01:30:14 PM

"On, Nov 25th, I ordered Samsung 55-inch LED Smart TV - UN55F6300 HDTV on phone with a sales agent by the name of Srikanth Soni. The agent promised me that as soon as the payment goes through, the order will be shipped and I need not worry about the item being sold out. I paid with $800 in Dell gift card that I purchased on dell.com & the remaining with my credit card. Order Subtotal: $897.99 Shipping and Handling Total: $0.00 Tax Total: $56.12 Total Amount: $954.11. As of today on Nov 29th, the order is still not even shipped & every time I call & speak to the dell agents and even the so called supervisors, the keep telling me that the TV is not in stock & they can't do anything. But I was told by the sales agent on Nov 25th that the TV in in stock, he has the item on hold for me for shipment. None of the agents told me the TV is out of stock or back ordered on NOV 25th& Nov 26th. Only after I got charged almost $1000, they are giving me these excuses and lies. I have been contacting them , I even told them they can send a substitute TV of my liking and gave them the model number but they still refused to do anything. They were never honest. They are unhelpful, rude and shouting at me. There is no responsibility. If I bought this from other sellers, I would have paid the same amount and received it by now".
"I don't want any more excuses & lies cos I had enough of these rude & unhelpful and incompetent people. Either I need the TV I ordered shipped today or send me a different Samsung TV. I don't want be stuck with $800 in Dell gift cards that can't be used outside of Dell"

modified review This review was modified by sherap123 on November 29 2013 10:47:42 AM

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!