Stores > Dell

Product & services pricing Rating 3.29/10 3.29/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.43/10 0.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.98/10 0.98/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.57/10 0.57/10
Voice your opinion! Review Dell by clicking a star below.
Richard S. Jacksonville, AR's Avatar

Little Rock, AR
2017-04-18

17 years of IT support nolonger reccomend Dell...

"1st Call April 10th 2017:
I ordered 3 computers for a small business. I was promised some parts by the sales guy. The computers came in and did not have the parts I was promised. I called and it took over 30 minutes for them to decide that they did owe me 1/2 the parts. The other half was a different department..... I was transferred the wrong department; who transferred me to another wrong department; who transferred me to the operator! And the Operator transferred me to another wrong department. I’d spent over an hour and still had not resolved the issue. I had to get **** for the first person to correct the first 1/2 of the issues. I was missing DP to DVI adapters, and the recovery media. They wanted me to buy the DP to DVI adapters that I was told comes with the system (glad they figured out they owe it to me). Now NOBODY seams to know who can help me with the recovery media. Oh and 1 of the computers came in with corrupt OS. So I cant even use it yet because I DON'T have what I ordered, so I can't just reload it myself!!! I was on the phone 2 days before (Saturday) and Tech support didn't even have the computers in the system yet, So they couldn't verify warranty.... #$%@#$% Three day old computers are under warranty! Especially with a 3 year warranty purchased. I still have to call back to get the recovery media.... They did take care of the non booting computer. they are supposed to send me a new hard drive (though recovery media would have done the same thing).... Just ****. I shouldn't have to get **** to get what I was promised. It shouldn't take an hour to get what you are promised.

2nd Call (same day):
Over an 1.5 hours... (over 2hr 45min for both calls). I have lost track of how many transfers after the 13th transfer. After my 2nd over 1hour call I was finally was able to get ahold of a Manager who helped (after arguing they couldn't help). I did have to wait over 24hours for them to approve it.

The parts came in April 11th & 13th (nice quick shipping):
The DP to DVI they sent weren’t the adapters that come with every other Dell I've ordered, they were a full 6’ cable, not a big deal, but did cause me to have to rerun cables through a desk.
In addition, they sent me only 1 of the recovery media. I only need one, due to all the systems being the same, but all three of them were supposed to come with it according to the sales guy. I am fine with one so I am not going to argue with them over two of something I do not need.

Overall:
I’ve been doing IT support for over 17 years, have purchased countless Dells through different contracts over the years, and have always recommended DELL. (1 of my contracts was over 300/year for over 5 years). However, NOT ANY MORE!!!!!! Now I have to go through the trouble of finding another company to recommend to my customers. I cannot have this type of issue when working with customers in the future. Just because I'm a small business, and many of my customers are too. Dell's standard support has NEVER been as bad as it is now. They do have good large business support, but will not recommend someone that doesn’t give the small business the same respect as a large business. I can’t imagine it being worse for a home customer, but probably is…. It is hard to get ahold of a manager, and they absolutely DO NOT care about the regular customer any more. In business, you deliver what you promise, no arguments…. even if it cost you more than your profit. You should always deliver above and beyond customer expectations. If you promise it, you do it!

2017-04-05

No aftersupport

"First of all it's just not me. I have confirmed those defects with my two other friends who purchased the same model and from the day 1st even after resetting, formatting and even after updating windows.
I have Dell Inspiron1300 core i7, 2 in one pc. those laptops have a permanent issue with their display regarding small popup windows or warning message, in built speaker does not respond sometimes for few mili-seconds after plugging in/out the charging. After sometimes they also doesn't respond to plugged external audio devices. Also sometime the main speaker audio goes lower or even got muted for few seconds. USB drive slots are too tight that my one stick still stuck inside one of them.
Other than those hardware, they don't have any better graphic support as well. Even after having high end processor.
Not suitable for graphic processing.
And the worst is, there customer assistance. they really don't care after they sold you this piece. Warranty is no good if you don't have On-Site warranty. And it is worse if you are in United States. Except online chat and hours of phone call you can't do anything about that.
I just sat more than 10 straight hours for my case but still no better, if I were to write my complete review that will take like 1000 more words.
Note: They said that none of those comes under Warranty!
Now, what else I can say?

2017-03-27

Bait and switch on black Friday, order cancelled by them, company full of lying foreigners!

"Briefly, on 11/25/2016 I awoke early and bought a 50 inch Samsung TV from Dell's website for 349.99, after taxes 377.99 (Dell Samsung 50 Inch LED Smart TV U N50J5200AF HDTV) that included 2 day delivery as part of the Black Friday special. After about a week of seeing my order confirmed and processing, it was cancelled. At first their support tried to say my card did not go through. When put through to the vended company that processes their charges, I was told they were informed the order was cancelled by me, so they could not undo it. Of course this was not true. Citibank was able to see that no attempt was made to charge the TV. The account had close to 20,000 dollars of available credit. After about 3 hours total I finally got to a supervisor in sales. His assistant Sayeed Bin Daar gave me the option of buying the same TV over again for a total of 429.83 and a 20 dollar gift card. The supervisor stated that people ordered more TVs than they had. Although I reminded him that many other sites have counters on the page, so you know there is one available when you order and the company can stop selling them, when they run out. This is a classic example of the illegal bait and switch tactic. They tried to sell me an LG TV. I wanted a Samsung TV because it links to my cell phone.

I reordered because if I refused the deal, they said they would cancel the order. It sounded like blackmail. The delivery date has been pushed back many times, including a notice that failure to agree to these delays meant cancellation of the order. The new delivery date is February 17th. All the evidence I see indicates that Dell never intends to deliver the TV I ordered and that was prominent in their advertising for Black Friday. I also do not feel I am the only victim of their bait and switch scam, given the extremely long hold times. I am a long time customer of Dell and know their normal hold times.

The second problem I have had with Dell involves a computer I purchased for my mother. on September 16, 2014. I ordered 3 years of McAfee in addition to on sire service so my mother would have no problems. When I visited over Christmas I noticed that McAfee was frozen and unresponsive. I uninstalled it and when I went to reinstall, a pop up came from McAfee to click and update my virus software. After trying twice I called customer support. They told me I had the wrong download driver. After wasting time doing this, I called back and was told they could fix it but since it was 3rd party software, they needed to charge, I tried to call McAfee who stated it was Dell who sold it, they are responsible, Another call to tech support and they now claim I only ordered one year but could not answer why their own software knew I needed to be updated. Their claim that they could not send any documentation showing I only ordered one year made their claim hard to believe and suspicious, I have since found my original order and it clearly shows three years of McAfree were ordered.

In both cases, Dell put a customer through extended hoops by customer service reps who many times did not convey the truth and/or showed little knowledge of the product in question,

2017-03-27

Dell has crappy hardware

"I've purchased two dell laptops, both dying just in a year. I forget the first model but my 2ND is an inspirion 15 5000 series. There seems to always be problems with the power cable/charger and/or battery. You can plug it in, but there's no supply to the battery. So you can't charge your laptop and have to constantly keep it plugged in to use it. I've also noticed that you have to actually keep the charger in a certain position or your laptop will turn off. Probably some loose wires within the cable itself. This is very frustrating and inconvenien. I've seen many people from online forums having these same issues. Another issue I've had with BOTH laptops is wifi connection. I have to constantly restart my laptop until it connects to the network. All of our other devices can connect just fine, so it's a problem with dell. I've also seen other people having this same issue. I'm thinking it has to do with some wires coming loose on the wifi chip. I can't even connect to the darn Internet through an ethernet cable. This is honestly so frustrating especially when I need to finish work. I am not buying from dell ever again. Never had this amount of problems from anyone else."

2017-02-14

Just let me buy something

"All I wanted was to buy a Black Friday deal. Simple request right? Nope. I'm not even going to get into how badly done their site is and how impossible it is to find anything.
1) Advertized Black Friday deal was not launched at the advertised time & marked as a past deal before it should have started
2) Chat service unable to help although I provided screenshots I had taken of the offer and how I was unable to even find the item that day (apparently they have two searches and one is outdated?)
3) Finally was able to get on the phone with someone and although they completed the order for me, the shipping information was incorrect and it took another 4 calls to have it sorted out
4) The order was still shipped to the wrong apartment although Dell had my address in writing multiple times. They also insisted if we update the apt # the delivery (a large TV) would be moved to another date as it was out for delivery. I've worked with shipping, a call to the driver was all they needed. They also gave me FedEx's customer service number when my package was sent by Dell through UPS.
5) The promotional giftcard should have been delivered within 2-3 weeks. Took 2 1/2 months with multiple phone calls, attempts at chat and being told I was wrong, I had been sent it.
6) The chat customer service told me multiple times they don't take preorders. They do for video games and they still insisted this. The video game that was orderable stated it was a preorder with no announced release date. It had come out the previous month.
7) THEY WON'T STOP CALLING, I've told them from the start to not call me, just email me- I work full time and can not drop what I am doing to talk to them. Guess what? They called me to further discuss my issue.
I would never, ever recommend Dell. If I could go back in time and tell myself to spend the extra $100 to get the second best deal on that TV, I would in a heartbeat. They've been nothing short of a nightmare.

2017-01-31

The only thing worse than my Dell laptop is their customer service!

Laptop - Issues with the unit within a month of purchase. Problems with flickering screen at times, crackling sound, occasionally turned off while full of battery and charged, internet connection drops out when other units from same source are stable, touchpad is a joke (overly sensitive, inconsistent and extremely difficult to use)

Customer Service - Possibly the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Spent many hours (I lost count at 6 hour mark) over the phone, dozens of emails and no result. If you want to subject your arch nemesis to psychological torment and eventually self harm, then this is the machine and customer service for you.

2017-01-30

Worst Company In The World

"Bought a desk top last week. It was delivered and when I went to hook it up they sent a monitor that was not compatible with the tower. I spent 3 hours on the phone and spoke to 7 different departments. A simple cable is all that was needed and they refused to send it. Then they wanted to send a new monitor. I agreed and then they backed out. I sent the whole thing back. My cost 125.00 technician, 2100 a cable, 47.00 shipping it back.
Just got back from Best Buy, bought a Lenovo and hooked it up in 10 minutes.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DELL, THEY DO NOT Care about their customers.

2017-01-21

Used to be a Dell fan

"I just want to start this review out by saying that I was one of the biggest Dell fans ever. Before this last experience I had owned 3 Dell computers that were awesome (2 desktops and a laptop). My last Dell laptop lasted 6 years. It took me through my masters degree and Principal Certification. It was an awesome machine that went everywhere I went from the ball fields to the classroom. It finally became too slow to keep up with my needs. Now to my new experience with Dell, which began in October 2016. I am absolutely heartbroken and disappointed. After my research and talking with Dell online I chose what should have been a pretty top of the line product with an i7 seventh generation processor, touchscreen, 2 in 1. I was so excited to get it. Then reality set in. It really had trouble out of the box loading the usual beginning software. It took a couple restarts to get it going. There were delays on getting to websites. Then ten days after my purchase the screen got a few lines that quickly increased to a black screen. After a LONG conversation with the Dell tech, he was trying to tell me to hit this on screen button and go to this menu, which he could not seem to understand that I could not see the screen!!!!), they finally agreed to send me a new replacement and send a call tag for the broken machine. Several weeks passed and I finally got my new machine. However there was no call tags (or they call them way bills) with the new machine to send it back. Thinking maybe it would come separate I began to set up the new machine. It literally was taking hours for the set up process and kept getting stuck and would need restarted. After an entire weekend of trying to get it working right I called Dell and spent 3 hours on the phone with a tech that took over the machine to get it to load all my software. Three days after that I was listening to Pandora on the laptop when the sound went to not great to non existent during one song. Later after a restart the sound was 4 times louder than in had ever been. That night I was trying to use my earphones in the machine and it would not even recognize them. Fed up I called Dell and after another long, long, long discussion I told them to take the piece of crap back and send call tags for both machines, the first one was still boxed up in the closet waiting to be sent. Two weeks later I got one call tag, so I sent the first laptop back. After 15 days I called the company to see if they had received it since I never received a confirmation on it. They were ticked because I still had the replacement machine. I told them they only sent one call tag so I sent one back! I asked for them to please send a call tag for the second machine and after 30 minutes of being on and off hold the ladt said it was being emailed to me in 30 minutes. So we hung up. Two day later I still do not have a call tag for the machine. Now I use a laptop at work a lot. I use it for my teacher evaluations, walk throughs and several fundraising events for my school and church. It is now mid-January and I am still without a proper working computer. Do I recommend Dell? No not anymore. They used to be who I would recommend anyone who would listen, but I will never again purchase or recommend them to anyone. And I guess I am going to call and argue with customer service again so I can send my machine back so I can get a refund so I can start my computer search again. I really did not have time for all these problems. I work as a small school principal with many evening duties and 2 active children who I taxi everywhere. Spending hours on the phone constantly with Dell is not what I decided to invest in back in October."

2017-01-20

Dell Is Trashed

"Dell used to have the best support in the world and I was proud it was located in my home state of Texas. I told everyone about the support of Dell. Sorry, Dell is a sloppy third world run company with no interest in helping anyone except to take more of their money. I wouldn't walk across the street to buy a Dell product if they were giving them away with $1,000.00 to go along with the product. I'm ashamed of Dell and they need to move their headquarters to a third world country since they already have their support there... Don't buy a Dell product, you'll be sorry, especially when it is out of warranty..."

2017-01-09

Don't go near Dell, they're as bad as it gets

"Can you give zero stars? Dishonest, incompetent. They seem to be in the business of scamming short term loans from their customers these days. They bill you, string things along, eventually cancel the order without permission leaving you high and dry. Not even the courtesy of an honest answer about why your order gets nuked, they send out a form letter lying that it was at the customers request. When Dell was a publicly traded company there was some accountability and customer service. Now that is gone and they'll happily screw the small customers. "

2017-01-09

why accept orders, when they cannot be fulfilled.

"Would take a order and then cancel the order on there own. Clamming customer requested to cancel the order. This Is a company which sells computer hardware and software and does not have a proper inventory system. Dishonest, have not seen the refund yet.
Will have to chase them for it.

2017-01-07

Orded a TV for my parents that still hasn't been manufactured yet

" HOW IS IT POSSIBLE OR LEAGAL TO SELL A CONSUMER AN ITEM THAT DOES NOT EXSIT?
My order date was 11/28/16 my delivery date was scheduled 12/26/16-1/3/16. I received no updates on my shipment not only has it still not arrived on 1/7/16 but I found out yesterday that there is no TV and that it might be in the warehouse by February. The agent was unable to sent me an email in response to this call I only got transferred to two associates on the phone neither of them had a solid answer. They both gave me the same run around. They did apologize but way too little too late DELL! Dell how can you sell merchandise on your website that you don't have in inventory. I have worked in retail for over 5 years! Not only is this website horribly managed. 1st of all you do not keep track of your inventory. Red flag # 1 you guys are scam artists! Taking consumers $$$ without products to physically ship to them. Second of all your customer service agents have horrible responses to simple questions like when is my updated shipment date! How can they not provide that when my item is past due?? 3rd of all they just tried to get me to cancel my order. I don't want to cancel I just want my TV. This was a christmas gift and Dell has given me no resolve or piece of mind. Never buy from them again! They will take your $ with no merchandise to sell you, they will not communicate when their shipments are delayed, they will not contact you if your item is out of stock, they will cancel your order for you but not offer you an update on your item that is delayed!!! Save yourself the troubble.

2017-01-06

I thought I purchased some SSDs from Dell. I was wrong ...

"On 1-4-17 Dell advertised WD SSDs for sale for $20. Sounds too good to be true? A HUGE number of orders were placed through Dell and many received their drives. Unfortunately, many customers did not. Instead, they received a canned email stating:

"As requested, some or all of the items in this order have been cancelled. You’ll find your cancellation details below, and you can view all products in this order on your Order Status page."

I did not request a cancellation of this order, Dell did, unilaterally.

Bad form Dell ... bad form.

2017-01-03

Faulty Laptop Inspiron 15 Hinge - Product Needs Recall - Poor Customer Service

"I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop on December 2015. Roughly 10 month later the hinge of the laptop broke, which caused the screen to bend when opening and closing. The laptop was never dropped or handled in a manner that would cause damage by the user. It was simply opened and closed like a laptop is intended to. I had to resort to leaving the laptop open at all times.

The laptop is still under the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. On November 13, 2016, I called Dell customer support to setup a warranty repair. The tech support agent, Arlene, began the process and said I will be receiving a shipping label to send the laptop off. About half an hour after hanging up with the agent I received an email stating that this particular issue wasn't covered and the ticket was canceled. I contacted the BBB and opened a dispute. A few days after that a Dell representative, B.Manjunath, contacted me to resolve this issue. The representative offered me a discounted repair price of $159 plus tax. I refused this unethical and unfair solution and kept the case open with the BBB. After a couple of weeks of back and forth the representative offered to fix it under warranty and I sent it in for repair.

I went online to find if anyone else was having this issue and found literally dozens of forums with people complaining about the same issue. All these consumers are complaining that Dell is not taking responsibility for this defect. They are all asking for a recall or class action lawsuit, but Dell isn't responsive. I find it odd that this hinge broke in the same spot for everyone and yet Dell is blaming the consumer. This is clearly a design defect due to cheap parts and poor engineering. This also isn't the first time Dell has had problems with faulty hinges. An Inspiron model from 2011 had the same issues. It infuriates me to see companies like Dell produce faulty products and not take responsibility for them.

In the end Dell fixed the problem but I had to jump through many hoops to get this result. They should have covered this under warranty with no questions asked before wasting so much of my time. They know of this problem but refuse to admit to it. I will not recommend another Dell product to anyone.

2017-01-01

WISH I HAD DONE RESEARCH BEFORE DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE

"I APPLIED FOR ACCOUNT AND GOT MY LIMIT AND TRIED ORDERING THREE ITEMS BUT FOR SOME REASON THE THIRD ITEM I COULDN'T GET. SAYING THEY COULDNT VERIFY INFORMATION. I HAVE EMAILED AND CALLED AND THEY KEEP SAYING THE SAME THING. AND THE TOTAL OF ALL THREE ITEMS WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS. AND REMIND YOU I HAVE MAILED A PAYMENT TO THESE PEOPLE AND ITS NOT EVEN DUE YET...I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE AND ONCE I PAY WHAT I HAVE OFF THEY WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME ANYMORE. I HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED SEVERAL TIMES AND NO RESPONSE..SAD!"

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!