Product & services pricing Rating 2.63/10 2.63/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.48/10 0.48/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.91/10 1.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.48/10 0.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10

"The worst Customer service ever.My new Inspiron desktop needed a new motherboard after 2 months it was difficult to get them to do it but they did.
I have now had the computer for 5 months and they need to replace the mother board again. Worldwide tech never called me for the confirmed repair and never showed up. I have made 4 calls to worldwide and 65 calls to dell. The worst experience ever!!! DEll never again and I have 2 other dell computers.

modified review This review was modified by podoc on October 24 2014 07:21:38 PM

"I bought some Plantronics headphone set from Dell and they have never worked. I called for tech support they tell me they don't support this item. So when I called back to return this item they tell me I can't. I have had this item less than 30days. Dell on-line Store is a rip off. "

"Twice I've been told erroneous information in order for Dell to close a sale. I should have learned the first time but thought perhaps I just was unlucky with a bad representative on the phone. Nope - no good either time.

The computers are OK, but customer support is terrible.

modified review This review was modified by H2Oh on October 08 2014 12:32:16 PM

"I received this Dell Inspiron i3647-1233BLK Desktop (Windows 7) on August 28, 2014. Keep this date in mind as you read the events that followed. This PC had Bluetooth problems right out of the box. I tried to work with Dell tech support, but they have proved to be ineffective, bordering on incompetent. To make matters worse, Dell has farmed out their tech support and all front line contact (sales or service) to India based companies. I understand the cost benefits for Dell doing that, but the level of service, the competency of the techs, lack of escalation channels, depending on the tech, language barriers and just plain poor customer service have dropped Dell from a world class OEM and support company down to worse than average. I have had so much of my time wasted by this company. Endured no less than 6 Indian tech support folks who all say they will absolutely take care of the issue and none did. Dell sent out 3 different technicians to my home to replace parts. It never got fixed. I have tried every avenue possible to find a way to get to a live American Dell manager in Austin, TX to stop all this stupidity, but Dell has absolutely locked out access to any domestic contacts. India is all you get. The owner of Dell may be the only employee left in the US??? They finally gave up and said they would just replace it and would arrive in 2 weeks. As you can guess, at the two week point they call and say that did not work because they did not pay attention to the fact I bought it with Win 7. So they say will take another 2 weeks if I want as I originally purchased. I made one last futile attempt to get back to Dell corporate in the US, but was just routed to another India contact with an American name. He claimed he will escalate higher and better than the previous supervisor, who said it will ship by Oct 10th. But after no updates, I emailed Shawn yesterday and his update was, “Order 701205920 is now scheduled for build. I have it added to the factory escalation list . . .” which basically means it sat idle for the last 4 days. At this point, I doubt it could even possibly ship by the 10th and who knows if I will ever get it! I almost returned it to Amazon for a refund, but when the 1st supervisor said he was replacing it, I trusted him (my mistake). By the time he finally admitted two weeks later nothing had happened and would be at least 2 more weeks, I was already past the Amazon 30 day return window. So it is now Oct 7, 2014, 40 days since this nightmare started and still sitting here with a PC that does not work and missed commitment after missed commitment from Dell. I can tell you for sure . . . it’s not the same Dell you remembered and trusted. If anyone has any doubts of the accuracy of this review, I have all the emails back and forth with the various Dell India contacts to substantiate it. Buyer beware. "

modified review This review was modified by colbytx on October 07 2014 06:21:04 AM

"Hello Guys,
Any one planning to buy Dell Inspiron range of laptop, please do research well about this product within your friends, family or colleague before you buy it. A genuine case that has recently occurred with me, with highest of the regret I have to post this on the social network. With only 120 hrs of usage over a year, battery of my laptop Inspiron 15R has worn out, not working any more. On contacting Dell support I am just been answered that your product is out of warranty (it is 60 days past warranty date) and if you purchase a new product we (Dell) cannot guarantee that it will work!! So why should I buy a new one?

modified review This review was modified by patelbhavik1988 on October 07 2014 03:45:06 AM

"Biggest pos on the planet dont buy these things will never own another one customer service sucks fix break fix break over and over wil not replace after fixing 6 times"

modified review This review was modified by jimmos on September 30 2014 06:26:53 PM

"I called Dell to order a $3,000+ TV because a web search and their website showed that they had the TV available. The sales rep recommended a different TV that was on a better sale, I agreed and placed an order, opening a Dell credit account to save another 10%. The conversation and ordering was painful, the English-as-a-second-language Dell reps were very hard to understand, the phone connections were bad, I had to repeat my information several times, and I had to continue credit authorization the following day, at least two hours on the phone. I was told that it would take one to two weeks for the unit to be shipped, but that I would probably get it sooner. I emailed to get status after one week – no reply. I emailed again at two weeks – no reply. I then called and was told someone would get back to me. Someone did get back to me hours later to tell me that the TV was no longer available and that they suggest I replace it with one with a smaller screen for $600 more – bait and switch. I was outraged, and requested a better alternative at a better discount after putting me through a two week wait just to get a bait-and-switch offer – they offered nothing for my trouble. I went to Amazon, found a better alternative which was not available at Dell, and ordered and scheduled delivery online in 5 minutes, to have delivered in 4 days. Cost $100 more but worth it. I am cancelling my order and credit with Dell, I want nothing to do with them. However, now they are telling me that it will take at least 3 to 5 days to cancel, refund and close out the account. By the way, I own a business and spent over $100,000 for Dell servers and laptops over the past year, I will not be buying Dell again. The people I dealt with at Dell on this matter include: Abhishek Parikh x4163120, Wajid x4161488, Emith x4161398, and Manisha x2125570."

modified review This review was modified by tonydnj on September 26 2014 02:06:40 PM

"I had to work with many Dell laptops (for absurd company policies) and I have never, ever found a decent one. My current one (Latitute E7240) is probably the worst. Crashing down an average of twice per day since new, a lot of latency in keeping 2 pivot open (!!!!!), overheating after 5 minutes (fan always on, etc).
Dell also loves saving in wires, so it happens that I have to live a meter away from a plug, because the battery is already worn out after 6 months and the wire is only 1 meter long....
This is not a laptop, this is a joke.

modified review This review was modified by silkie on September 13 2014 04:07:44 AM

"worse automated phone system ever; when I finally got a human he was even worse. I ended up not buying a computer here 100% bc of those 2 experiences. "

Dell User

"The worst online buying experience and the worst customer service I have ever experienced. As I write this I am on the phone (currently 47 minutes and counting) trying to cancel and order and process a refund for a TV, that instead of 3 days to arrive is now scheduled for 2 weeks. Do not make the mistake of ordering anything from these guys. "

Dell User

"I spoke to a guy from dell today about problems with my alienware 17 and he was very helpful we even talked about games and had a laugh together i liked talking to him and i love my alienware "

Dell User

"Clown college or what? Dell tech support is absolutely worthless. I have a B1160w and I am unable to get the most basic level of support. That's after waiting an hour on hold. 4 times.

Buy anything but Dell.

"I am currently at an APO address. I understand that things get lost when you try to ship to military bases. My problem is that they gave me billing number for USPS. USPS never received any package from them with any number that they provide. Dell pretty much said they shipped it. Eight weeks later, nothing. USPS still hasn't received anything from them. Dell says is must have got lost, by USPS. USPS never received it.
Dell...Dell...it is your lack of logic. If nobody received the package and you cant even give me proof that you did, apart from a number that doesn't exist in the USPS data-base, then you never sent it! I just don't like getting the run around that I have been getting for the past six weeks. If you ship a $1500 computer, you should know where it went. Not say "We don't know." And then try to ship it to my home so somebody else can pay for it to be shipped to me. You agreed to ship it to My APO, not my house...where I am not.

modified review This review was modified by nate_myzer on August 28 2014 10:58:30 AM

"Dell is horrible, this is my first experience and last. I wish I would have read these reviews before I made my purchase. I have had the same BAD customer service issues as in the reviews. Don't do any business with Dell, you will regret it."

modified review This review was modified by AtHomeAir on August 21 2014 08:04:46 AM

"The worst customer service i have ever seen. They never respond to your calls or emails. "

modified review This review was modified by Vikram1234 on August 20 2014 02:22:40 PM

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!