Stores > Dell

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.95/10 0.95/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.77/10 0.77/10
2017-01-09

Don't go near Dell, they're as bad as it gets

"Can you give zero stars? Dishonest, incompetent. They seem to be in the business of scamming short term loans from their customers these days. They bill you, string things along, eventually cancel the order without permission leaving you high and dry. Not even the courtesy of an honest answer about why your order gets nuked, they send out a form letter lying that it was at the customers request. When Dell was a publicly traded company there was some accountability and customer service. Now that is gone and they'll happily screw the small customers. "

This review was modified by vroomfondl on January 09 2017 12:33:52 PM

2017-01-09

why accept orders, when they cannot be fulfilled.

"Would take a order and then cancel the order on there own. Clamming customer requested to cancel the order. This Is a company which sells computer hardware and software and does not have a proper inventory system. Dishonest, have not seen the refund yet.
Will have to chase them for it.

This review was modified by reviewmember on January 09 2017 09:39:25 AM

2017-01-07

Orded a TV for my parents that still hasn't been manufactured yet

" HOW IS IT POSSIBLE OR LEAGAL TO SELL A CONSUMER AN ITEM THAT DOES NOT EXSIT?
My order date was 11/28/16 my delivery date was scheduled 12/26/16-1/3/16. I received no updates on my shipment not only has it still not arrived on 1/7/16 but I found out yesterday that there is no TV and that it might be in the warehouse by February. The agent was unable to sent me an email in response to this call I only got transferred to two associates on the phone neither of them had a solid answer. They both gave me the same run around. They did apologize but way too little too late DELL! Dell how can you sell merchandise on your website that you don't have in inventory. I have worked in retail for over 5 years! Not only is this website horribly managed. 1st of all you do not keep track of your inventory. Red flag # 1 you guys are scam artists! Taking consumers $$$ without products to physically ship to them. Second of all your customer service agents have horrible responses to simple questions like when is my updated shipment date! How can they not provide that when my item is past due?? 3rd of all they just tried to get me to cancel my order. I don't want to cancel I just want my TV. This was a christmas gift and Dell has given me no resolve or piece of mind. Never buy from them again! They will take your $ with no merchandise to sell you, they will not communicate when their shipments are delayed, they will not contact you if your item is out of stock, they will cancel your order for you but not offer you an update on your item that is delayed!!! Save yourself the troubble.

This review was modified by Buyitordiet on January 07 2017 11:15:00 AM

2017-01-06

I thought I purchased some SSDs from Dell. I was wrong ...

"On 1-4-17 Dell advertised WD SSDs for sale for $20. Sounds too good to be true? A HUGE number of orders were placed through Dell and many received their drives. Unfortunately, many customers did not. Instead, they received a canned email stating:

"As requested, some or all of the items in this order have been cancelled. You’ll find your cancellation details below, and you can view all products in this order on your Order Status page."

I did not request a cancellation of this order, Dell did, unilaterally.

Bad form Dell ... bad form.

2017-01-03

Faulty Laptop Inspiron 15 Hinge - Product Needs Recall - Poor Customer Service

"I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop on December 2015. Roughly 10 month later the hinge of the laptop broke, which caused the screen to bend when opening and closing. The laptop was never dropped or handled in a manner that would cause damage by the user. It was simply opened and closed like a laptop is intended to. I had to resort to leaving the laptop open at all times.

The laptop is still under the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. On November 13, 2016, I called Dell customer support to setup a warranty repair. The tech support agent, Arlene, began the process and said I will be receiving a shipping label to send the laptop off. About half an hour after hanging up with the agent I received an email stating that this particular issue wasn't covered and the ticket was canceled. I contacted the BBB and opened a dispute. A few days after that a Dell representative, B.Manjunath, contacted me to resolve this issue. The representative offered me a discounted repair price of $159 plus tax. I refused this unethical and unfair solution and kept the case open with the BBB. After a couple of weeks of back and forth the representative offered to fix it under warranty and I sent it in for repair.

I went online to find if anyone else was having this issue and found literally dozens of forums with people complaining about the same issue. All these consumers are complaining that Dell is not taking responsibility for this defect. They are all asking for a recall or class action lawsuit, but Dell isn't responsive. I find it odd that this hinge broke in the same spot for everyone and yet Dell is blaming the consumer. This is clearly a design defect due to cheap parts and poor engineering. This also isn't the first time Dell has had problems with faulty hinges. An Inspiron model from 2011 had the same issues. It infuriates me to see companies like Dell produce faulty products and not take responsibility for them.

In the end Dell fixed the problem but I had to jump through many hoops to get this result. They should have covered this under warranty with no questions asked before wasting so much of my time. They know of this problem but refuse to admit to it. I will not recommend another Dell product to anyone.

2017-01-01

WISH I HAD DONE RESEARCH BEFORE DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE

"I APPLIED FOR ACCOUNT AND GOT MY LIMIT AND TRIED ORDERING THREE ITEMS BUT FOR SOME REASON THE THIRD ITEM I COULDN'T GET. SAYING THEY COULDNT VERIFY INFORMATION. I HAVE EMAILED AND CALLED AND THEY KEEP SAYING THE SAME THING. AND THE TOTAL OF ALL THREE ITEMS WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS. AND REMIND YOU I HAVE MAILED A PAYMENT TO THESE PEOPLE AND ITS NOT EVEN DUE YET...I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE AND ONCE I PAY WHAT I HAVE OFF THEY WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ME ANYMORE. I HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED SEVERAL TIMES AND NO RESPONSE..SAD!"

This review was modified by DIMPLES37 on January 01 2017 04:32:10 PM

2016-12-30

Dell has criminals and scam Artists. They are just as guilty for allowing it to happen.

"1. I purchased a $1130 Dell Laptop Service during the third week of October 2016. This computer almost immediately began malfunctioning due to a failed motherboard and a failed power generation issues. The computer routinely crashed with a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and would sometimes not turn on (Power Generation Issue). Finally after the third week of the computer's purchase, the computer wouldn't boot up at all. In sum, the laptop was a permanent and fatalistic lemon lot product that should never have even graced the shelves of any store.

2. I had to speak with over 10 Dell employees (20 hours of time I will never get back) regarding this issue, and every step of the way was unpleasant and difficult to understand. I was finally able to convince the Dell employees that I needed to ship the computer to their factory for a warranty repair. I took multiple pictures of the computer 360 degrees before packing it up and shipping it via FEDEX (pre-paid label from Dell) to their repair factory in Texas. I carefully documented photos of my laptop before packaging because I am always careful with these type of things. Not a scratch, chip, or even a fingerprint on it. It was brand new, and once it was discovered to be a lemon, actual use on the computer was extremely limited. I was finally able to mail my laptop on 20 December 2016.

3. Several days later, I received a call informing me of additional costs for the warranty repair. I inquired very confused as to what these additional costs entailed and what they were for. They informed me that I needed to pay for my CRACKED LCD screen and for IMPACT DAMAGES found on the right side of the laptop. This is fraud and a scam by Dell. My $1100 laptop was in pristine condition without a finger print on the laptop. It was NEVER dropped. I denied these claims and told them that I would send them photos as proof that my computer was in perfect condition the day I packed the laptop. In fact, I even spent extra money for reinforced cardboard and wrapped it so well with packaging material that I suspect the laptop could've even survived a drop from an 8 story window. I am more than 100% confident that the Dell technician dropped my laptop within the factory and is fraudulently covering his/her tracks.

4. I disputed these claims with Dell for over 4 days. I was LIED to twice by Dell. I had one representative tell me that my computer would be fixed free of charge. The next day, another employee denied it saying he didn't see this on record. A couple days later, an employee from a resolution group told me that I would be getting a full repair free of charge. The next day (today), I receive a phone call from another member from the resolution group, that I would need to pay $239 for the repair, or my computer would be returned without repair. I asked this employee how this could be possible, but all they say is "sorry, the case has been finally decided by Office Depot." They were acting like a broken record player. When I asked "who, what, when, where, why, how" on all of these contradictions and logical failures, they just say the same thing like a broken record player. When I asked for his supervisor, he would state that he was the highest level of authority that makes the decision. I asked for the names of the technicians handling my laptop, and he wouldn't provide those either. The whole entire ring has been designed this way on purpose.

5. I am more than just a little convinced that these employees are acting in a highly criminal fashion. There is no way to get in contact with Dell HQ within the USA, so there is no real accountability or customer service. I can't reach any action authority or customer service representative nor those technicians in Texas that likely dropped my laptop. I am instead being fed the "final say" coming from a representative physically living in India. The fact that they can't even explain their logic through their "final say" in charging me is beyond me. If I have proof that I didn't do it with my carefully documented photographs, how could they deflect it and only go about the path that profits them and makes them walk away with no responsibility? It was their employees that dropped my laptop. The correct answer for them should be for them to completely REPLACE my laptop through a 1 for 1 swap. The fact they dropped my laptop should entitle me for that benefit. I should not even get the same laptop repaired. It's like getting a crashed POV that was refurbished. Nobody wants that. They however, want me to PAY to repair the damages that they caused. This is insane.

They are SCAM artists. Do not trust, and do not buy. You will regret it.

2016-12-28

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

"Backordered, and never told

"Ordered a 3DS XL for a christmas present. Dell.com told me it would arrive by 12/19 - 12/23 at the latest, I even paid slightly more for shipping. Instead, the order is backordered for 3 months, and they never told me. Yes, that means my christmas present would arrive in MARCH.

I was furious, and their agents and support were useless. all they would say is that they apologize. no email, nothing!!!! They also guarenteed a refund, when they don't charge your account until it ships. So all in all, they lied to my face about my order, and changed a 12/21/2016 ship date to 03/21/2017 with NO NOTICE WHATSOEVER . if I could give negative stars I would."

This review was modified by KOUKLA56 on December 28 2016 10:39:23 AM

2016-12-27

Backordered, and never told

"Ordered a 3DS XL for a christmas present. Dell.com told me it would arrive by 12/21 at the latest, I even paid slightly more for shipping. Instead, the order is backordered for 3 months, and they never told me. Yes, that means my christmas present would arrive in MARCH.

I was furious, and their agents and support kept insisting they emailed me on the 23rd, which never happened. They also guarenteed a refund, when they don't charge your account until it ships. So all in all, they lied to my face about my order, and changed a 12/21/2016 ship date to 03/21/2017 with NO NOTICE. if I could give negative stars I would.

This review was modified by SirJmak on December 27 2016 10:32:07 AM

2016-12-23

Dell 3040 & Tech Support is Excellent

"12/17/16 - After being a HP customer for years and having to replace every 3 yrs or so and so so support; I find my new Dell 3040 with SSD as a great miniature desktop. Arrived in 23 hours. Dell's ProSupport Plus is a fantastic 5-yr deal for on-site repair, surge, full US based support 24/7 with fast results using a phone Express Code. This review was unsolicited!!!"

2016-12-19

How does Dell stay in business?????? Worst online buying experience I've ever had!!!!!

"I purchased ... or thought I did ... a Dell Alienware laptop on CyberMonday, November 2016; the sale was several hundred dollars off their regular price. I received a confirmation email stating my order was being processed, and thought all was good. Several days later I received another email saying my order was Cancelled!! No reason was given. This email was followed by another Dell email saying my order was 're-ordered,' BUT, this time at a higher price!!!! WTF???? I called, and of course was transferred several times and was on the phone for almost 2 hours ... the persons from India I could barely understand, and they could barely understand me. After this, I THOUGHT the issue was resolved; meaning, I'd get my laptop shipped, and at the original sales price I ordered it. A week later I received yet another Dell email saying my order was CANCELLED yet again!!!!! Really ... WTF again???? There was no reason why given. So I call Dell again and one rep tells me its cancelled due to a configuration issue - I made no special modification to the laptop - and another rep tells me she does not know why it was cancelled!! Also, at this point they want me to reorder at the regular price, and then call their Sales Resolution Dept. after I received my laptop to request compensation for my troubles! Really????

So the hell with Dell! People, I could have gotten more in-depth with the issues I've had here with Dell, but I tried to keep it short and sweet. I just suggest you explore other options before buying from Dell ... At this point, and because of Dell, I have been forced to!

And for Dell personnel who may be reading this, here are just a few of the names of reps I spoke with and remembered to write down: Vishal, Borra, Edwin, William, Cica (? Spelling). A couple others did not want to give their names!

2016-12-09

Dell Software Bad Link, Refused Refund

"After 14 days trying to download software with the so-called help of Tech Support, I requested a refund. Dell customer service said they will deny claim because you opened the Digital Locker with the bad link. No Delivery of software of File NOT found on Dell Server. As usual, even when Dell Tech takes control of my various computers and they cannot download the software with the same error message NO FILE FOUND, they will not send new link and now refused to refund money. I strongly recommend all customers to NEVER buy any software from Dell."

2016-12-02

Ripped Off!!!!!!!!!

"I recently purchased an Alienware computer with upgrades. One upgrade was the video card which was $325. When we received the computer my husband noticed that the video card was not the one we had upgraded to but a card that when we "built" computer was $0. I called customer service to get a refund because my husband was happy with what he got and I was told that they could only refund me $300 and that I was lucky because they usually only refund 0% of the purchase price which was less than $300. So I basically will have paid $25 plus the tax on $325 for something that if I had chose at time of purchase would have cost me nothing. In what world does this make any sense???? Dell is a total rip off and it wouldn't surprise me if they installed the $0 video card in hopes that we wouldn't even notice. "

2016-11-14

5 reps, 5 stories, none true

"my laptop was supposed to be delivered last week. i got email saying that customization is complete, and two emails that it was shipped with invalid tracking number. talked to 5 reps - got 5 different stories about what is going on, and still no delivery date. i will not buy from dell again."

This review was modified by yayaya123 on November 14 2016 10:51:52 AM

2016-10-25

Not worth the effort

"If you are going to buy a laptop, go to a store, I ordered online and it never came, I called customer service to report that the laptop was not delivered after a few days of the estimated delivery date. When I called the first time and asked for a refund they told me 48hrs, after 3 days, and no refund, I called again and they said 15 days, after 18 days, still no refund, I called again and they said 15 more days; I asked them why I had to wait so much, and all they said is that they have to make an investigation why the laptop when missing and they have to wait for the laptop to be back at the warehouse before they can summit a refund, I told them that a refund is only a wired transfer and should not take more than 48 hours, this is not the first time this happened, I ordered before with other companies and they refund me in 48 hours; btw I'm still on hold 10/25/16 for 30 min already.

Update, after the hold on the phone on 10/25/16 they told me that I have to wait another 5 to 10 business days to get my refund, that would be 11/08/16, and guess how many business days have passed already? 12 days and no refund. I call again today 11/10/16 and they told me again 5 to 10 business days for my refund.

Timeline
September 19, 2016 purchased laptop online. delivery date September 23 - 28
September 29, 2016 I asked where is my laptop and they didn't know
September 30, 2016 I asked for a refund and they said 48hrs to get a refund
October 7, 2016 more than 48 hrs and no refund, called again & they said by the end of the day
October 8, 2016 no refund and I have to wait 10 business days for refund
October 25, 2016 still no refund after 12 business days, they said 5 to 10 business days (again)
November 10, 2016 still no refund and again 5 to 10 business days more

This review was modified by HK.. on November 10 2016 11:53:59 AM

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!