Stores > Dell

Customer service: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-09-14

Good but heavy

"I just bought on of their laptops and its good but i didn't realise how heavy it would be till i had to carry it around. mac is so much lighter"

This review was modified by amyworldly on September 14 2016 10:27:31 AM

2016-09-13

Never Dell Again!!!!!!!!

"Was the worse buying experience...Done with Dell"

This review was modified by mroberge167 on September 13 2016 11:32:25 AM

2016-09-06

Terrible Purchasing Experience

"I had a terrible purchasing experience on Dell.com that took several hours to resolve. While on the phone will Dell representatives, I was constantly transferred to other representatives who would undo what I had accomplished with previous representatives despite me trying to be very clear. I also made sure to get two-day shipping at checkout, but I still have received my order after more than a week. I won't be buying through Dell again."

This review was modified by midseelake on September 06 2016 06:20:23 AM

2016-07-27

Disgusting & Appalling After Services

"After purchasing a Dell Latitude E5270 laptop which arrived DOA!! The notebook arrived with two major faults and arrived several weeks late. Be careful of the lead-times they tell you!
For the past month I’ve been trying to receive my original payment back for this device. Called & emailed Dell on a daily basic and was daily lied too. When calling Dell, they love to pass you from one department to another. Most telephone calls will last over an hour each time. When I was able to speak to manager, they gave false promises and reassured the matter would be resolve professional. This is not the case. Each of the Dell departments (Technical Support, Relation & Customer Services for business units) all apologise on a regular basis and reassured me I would receive payment within 2 days after the courier collected the faulty device. Guess what? More lies!
To-date, I’m still waiting for my original payment back.
I have been using and purchasing Dell Business Laptop for the past 25 years and after the experience I’ve received, I will never ever touch this company again. Dell has got too big and I can’t believe I’m the only person has had to experience this appalling lack of after services.
If you’re considering to purchase a Dell Laptop, think twice before providing your bank account details.
Dell should change their mission statement to: I’m Sorry.

This review was modified by Izziebusy01 on July 27 2016 10:43:51 AM

2016-07-18

Dell XPS8700 computer cannot connect to cell phone

"I have a Samsung C6 edge+ cell phone which can connected to my old Dell PC and many other PCs but cannot connected to my new Dell XPS8700 PC purchased on June 2015. Dell Technical Services have tried several times and re-installed the original operation system and drivers three times but still cannot fix the problem."

2016-07-15

Agony of buying an HDTV from Dell

"I purchased a Vizio 55" HDTV from Dell on 6/12/2016. Good deal for $499 with a $150 Dell Gift Card to be received by me for purchasing and an additional $50 Dell Gift Card for financing the purchase through Dell Preferred. The gift cards were to be received by me in "10 to 20 days" after my order was placed. All good up to this point.

First Dell notified me that the delivery was delayed. I had planned on being home to accept delivery on the original delivery date but when I was notified that the item was shipped and of the new delivery date, I knew I would be unable to be there. I contacted Dell Customer SERVICE (India) and was told that UPS would make three attempts and then would return the item to Dell one week after the first attempt. I explained the situation and further explained that this was a shipment that was delayed due to no fault of my own. I asked Dell to please arrange a delivery date when I would be at home (which would be one day after one week time limit). They were unable/unwilling to do anything except arrange for me to pick up at the UPS depot within the one week period. I returned from my trip on the deadline date and rushed to the UPS depot to pick up this large box. UPS had problems finding it because it was already prepped for return to Dell. They finally found it and I had to fit it in my vehicle but at last that nightmare was resolved on 6/21. THAT WAS ONLY THE BEGINNING.

I needed to order another TV and since I was to receive $150 in Gift Cards from Dell, I naturally decided I would make that purchase with the gift cards. I waited until June 29th to contact Dell and was very frustrated by their Customer SERVICE Department in India. I was told that the policy was "10 to 20 days" to receive the gift cards and since it had only been 17 days, nothing could be done. I asked to speak with a supervisor in the US and was told that all matters were handled in India and there was no one I could speak to in the US. I was told that a supervisor from India would call me back within 2 hours but that did not happen. I called again later in the day and was finally connected with a supervisor who again informed me of the company policy. When I asked if he could simply check the status of the gift certificates, I was told that Customer Service was prohibited from making an inquiry on the issuance of a gift card until 20 days had elapsed. After 20 days, the matter could be escalated.

I waited until July 5th (the 23rd day) and called again. I was told that Customer Service could now make an inquiry and would get back to me within 4 days. I was furious at this point. I spent hours trying to reach Dell Headquarters in Texas, but to no avail. Every single call is funneled to India. I then began to search for email addresses of Dell Executives and finally found one for Michael Dell, the President and CEO of Dell. I emailed Mr. Dell and explained everything that had transpired to date.

On July 12th, I received a telephone call and email from Dell "Executive Offices" in India. When I questioned how it was possible that Mr. Dell was located in India, I was told that all matters directed to Corporate Headquarters were handed in India. When I asked to speak with an Executive in the US I was told that it was not possible. In any event, the woman representing Mr. Dell told me that she would look into the matter and get back to me within 3 days. Again I was furious. I explained that it was now one month since my order was placed and well past the "10 to 20" day period for issuance of the Gift Cards and I expected something more from Dell's Corporate Headquarters. She told me that was all that could be done. Within 2 days one of the Gift Cards ($150) was emailed to me. I contact the woman at "Corporate Headquarters" again and told her that the matter was only partially resolved and that I was still waiting for my additional Gift Card. She told me she would research this matter and get back to me within 3 days. Do you see a pattern here? I did received the 2nd gift card in 2 days, which essentially resolved the matter and I did order my other TV BUT, would I go through this again???? NOT A CHANCE. This is the worst example of Customer DISSERVICE I have every seen and it is obvious that Dell insulates its management from these types of problems because a few minutes on the internet will tell you that this is NOT the exception, but the RULE when dealing with DELL. GOOD LUCK to anyone who choses to go through this kind of aggravation. It's just too frustrating.

2016-06-27

Mislead by Dell and now have new hires with no computers

"Placed an order with Dell for 3 computers totally $7K for my company on June 15. We have new employees starting. They promised us they would deliver on June 23rd the latest.

We kept following up and we were promised the computers would deliver end of business day June 23rd. Came end of business June 23rd and no computers! Plus, we had new employees starting and now it is June 27th and all I get from Dell is a runaround.

I tried cancelling and replacing my order but they put me on hold forever. So far i wasted about 12 hours of my time on the phone following up with them and getting nowhere.

all i did find out so far is that they mixed my company up with a different one with the same name and they need to verify details. OK. But a- this came up when I placed the order and I made it clear who we are b- no one followed up with me to resolve this. c- they sent me information by mail so they know who we are.

My sales representative Russel Adams is MIA.

Beware when placing orders with Dell.

This review was modified by fesco on June 27 2016 10:39:24 AM

2016-05-27

Lost a lifetime customer

"Dell was all I ever used for many years. This past October, to replace my aging Dell desktop, I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop, What a P.O.S.!! My old desktop was faster.
I baked a chicken while waiting for this thing to start up; trying to get to one website. Never made it to the website.

I am on my company-provided HP. Less than a minute to start.

Never again will I waste my money on a Dell.

2016-05-13

No loyalty

"I have purchased dozens of computers from Dell over the years and just recently financed an Inspiron 17 computer. In the past, all my computers were at 3.25% but on this purchase, the salesperson couldn't give me my percentage rate because he said that he was not connected to the finance department. I was shocked to find my plan was at 27.24% interest. When I called to find out about the mistake, I was told that that is the prevailing interest rate and I should be happy that it wasn't 29%. And that I had 24 hours to decline the purchase when it took ten days to deliver the computer. Screw Dell. I'm going to pay off the computer with a zero interest credit card check and close my account for good."

This review was modified by EmperorBo on May 13 2016 05:04:38 PM

2016-05-12

To Dell with them!!!!

"Boy has Dell changed. From inadequate English communication to covering little under warranty--I won't be back. I have owned 12 Dell in the past but my recent experience will drive me to Asus or Lenovo in the future. It should be an embarrassment to call it "customer service." Laptop turned on 6 times and r key pops off and now it is rated as "induced" damage and not covered by warranty. $159 to repair a new computer that cost $369 new. No thanks. The old Dell is gone and the new Dell smells. "

This review was modified by Ghtogo on May 13 2016 01:15:37 PM

2016-04-19

Worst customer service ever!!!!!!!

"Tried buying my third printer from Dell. Have been a Dell customer for over 20 years and was completely happy. That ship has now sailed and it ain't never coming back. I was told by the rep that this is a new generation after I repeated $600.00 6 times after he quoted me that price for a printer and then told me I had repeated $600.00 6 times and told me that's what printer cost now. Thanks to his rudeness I buy all my computer stuff from Amazon or New Egg. Their customer service is what it should be. I repeatedly tried calling Dell to complain about the rep and got tired of being transferred or being put on hold. I was saddened after being mad as heck for being treated this way but got better buys from better companies because of it."

This review was modified by lilygal on April 19 2016 09:41:48 AM

2016-03-18

Pre-sales and after-sales screw up

"Warranty was suddenly dropped from 2 years to 1 year and laptop had low quality keyboard, wrong GPU, and missing fingerprint reader."

This review was modified by bugmenotplease on March 18 2016 05:52:51 PM

2016-03-07

Dell Is Just Full of It!!!!!!

"I have been jerked around about a PCI-Express design flaw for almost 2 years now, and even though I contacted the BBB, they just don't care to do much about it nor honor the warranty I paid for. The problem? Whatever USB 2.0 card I place in that slot disables my keyboard until it goes into Windows; I have to unplug all devices from the card, or Post doesn't pass and the computer won't boot; and I have to take the card completely out of the slot in order for my keyboard to access Bios/System Configuration. The first 2 cards I purchased were from Dell, but same thing happened. So, I bought one from Tiger Direct, and same problem. They ignored the issue, claiming it was a 3rd-party problem ... really? Last month, an employee from Microsoft encouraged me to try again; said she worked for Dell when they actually cared about their customers. So, I did. Finally a tech told me that the card needed to be a powered card for the problems go away, and no, they didn't sell them. So, I hunt all over the internet looking for this card and found one at amazon.com. All of these cards are made by StarTech, including the ones Dell used to sell. Before I called Dell tech support with this potential solution, I filed a BBB report to ensure these people paid for this solution. Someone contacted me from Dell Corporate and jerked me around something awful. First he told me that I hadn't contacted tech support when I had; he checked again and found this was a fact. He told me to let him know if the card I found works and asked when it would get here; I told him (3/8/16). He calls me back the next day and told me that tech support said they wouldn't honor this under my warranty ... when they didn't. He then says they refuse to honor this as a warranty issue and started arguing with me when I told him I didn't want to talk with him anymore and hung up. What is wrong with these people? I spent over $4000 on this machine (Alienware R4) in 2013, including a few hundred dollars for the warranty. They can't fork out $200 after I've spent well over $400 buying cards for this machine? I won't know until tomorrow if their solution actually works, and I'm putting out reviews all over the place about Dell!

I've had other problems that grated my nerves because they didn't know what was wrong and kept replacing my motherboard and video card with refurbished parts until they discovered it was a bad RAM stick. Some of the contractors they send out don't understand software, either, and unnecessarily wiped out my hard-drive. How do I know? When the second contractor came out, he didn't have to wipe out my hard-drive just to replace parts and knew what he was doing (unlike the first contractor). If you value your money and nerves, DO NOT BUY DELL!!!!!!

This review was modified by ReneRay on March 07 2016 04:18:33 PM

2016-03-07

DELL NEVER AGAIN

"I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED WORSE BY ANY COMPANY CORPORATION...EVER, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE THE TECH DEPT IS INCOMPETANT, DO NOT BUY A DELL AT ALL COSTS YOU'LL BE SORRY HOURS AND HOURS WAITING FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OR A TECH REP. AS I TOLD DELL YOUR PC IS JUNK IT DIDN'T WORK RIGHT FROM DAY ONE AND WHEN I TRIED TO RESOLVE IT , I CALLED DELL THEY EITHER TRANSFERRED ME TO THE WRONG DEPT OR THE BACKPEDDLED AND ONE DEPT BLAMED THE OTHER, I GOT HUNG UP ON NEARLY EVERY TIME THEY SAID I CAN HELP YOU LET ME PUT YOU ON HOLD AND THEN HUNG UP AGAIN AND AGAIN, I HAD NOT HAD SUCH A BAD TIME AND WASTED SO MUCH TIME"

2016-03-04

DELL.COM SUPPORT STAFF ARE RUN BY DECEPTIVE CROOKS AND LIARS!!!

"When I returned a defective laptop that I purchased from Dell, they bombarded me with emails requesting that I return the laptop despite me giving them the tracking info repeatedly. They promised me a $100 credit back in January 2016, they cancelled my extended warranty that I paid $80 for, and they still have not refunded me yet. I emailed Michael Dell, the head of Dell.com, and I was assigned a "resolution specialist" named Shawn Arundale who was supposed to help me obtain my two credits. That was February 2016. After many promises of getting the credits back to me, he did absolutely nothing except "look into it and get back to me". Always an excuse to delay a refund that never arrived to this day. And the emails to Michael Dell were useless. I am out of an $80 extended warranty that was cancelled but was never refunded, and I never received the $100 credit that was promised to me. Although their products, when they work, appear good, when something goes wrong, BEWARE BUYER!! Dell.com will screw you over many times. MY ADVICE: BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DELL.COM!!"

This review was modified by alnc22 on March 04 2016 08:09:20 PM

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!