Product & services pricing Rating 2.33/10 2.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.29/10 2.29/10

"I had to work with many Dell laptops (for absurd company policies) and I have never, ever found a decent one. My current one (Latitute E7240) is probably the worst. Crashing down an average of twice per day since new, a lot of latency in keeping 2 pivot open (!!!!!), overheating after 5 minutes (fan always on, etc).
Dell also loves saving in wires, so it happens that I have to live a meter away from a plug, because the battery is already worn out after 6 months and the wire is only 1 meter long....
This is not a laptop, this is a joke.

modified review This review was modified by silkie on September 13 2014 04:07:44 AM

"worse automated phone system ever; when I finally got a human he was even worse. I ended up not buying a computer here 100% bc of those 2 experiences. "

Dell User

"The worst online buying experience and the worst customer service I have ever experienced. As I write this I am on the phone (currently 47 minutes and counting) trying to cancel and order and process a refund for a TV, that instead of 3 days to arrive is now scheduled for 2 weeks. Do not make the mistake of ordering anything from these guys. "

Dell User

"I spoke to a guy from dell today about problems with my alienware 17 and he was very helpful we even talked about games and had a laugh together i liked talking to him and i love my alienware "

Dell User

"Clown college or what? Dell tech support is absolutely worthless. I have a B1160w and I am unable to get the most basic level of support. That's after waiting an hour on hold. 4 times.

Buy anything but Dell.

"I am currently at an APO address. I understand that things get lost when you try to ship to military bases. My problem is that they gave me billing number for USPS. USPS never received any package from them with any number that they provide. Dell pretty much said they shipped it. Eight weeks later, nothing. USPS still hasn't received anything from them. Dell says is must have got lost, by USPS. USPS never received it.
Dell...Dell...it is your lack of logic. If nobody received the package and you cant even give me proof that you did, apart from a number that doesn't exist in the USPS data-base, then you never sent it! I just don't like getting the run around that I have been getting for the past six weeks. If you ship a $1500 computer, you should know where it went. Not say "We don't know." And then try to ship it to my home so somebody else can pay for it to be shipped to me. You agreed to ship it to My APO, not my house...where I am not.

modified review This review was modified by nate_myzer on August 28 2014 10:58:30 AM

"Dell is horrible, this is my first experience and last. I wish I would have read these reviews before I made my purchase. I have had the same BAD customer service issues as in the reviews. Don't do any business with Dell, you will regret it."

modified review This review was modified by AtHomeAir on August 21 2014 08:04:46 AM

"The worst customer service i have ever seen. They never respond to your calls or emails. "

modified review This review was modified by Vikram1234 on August 20 2014 02:22:40 PM

"I bought a Dell Inspiron 620 2 years ago. Since it got very slow, I had to re-install the windows. Then I had a difficult to get the internet connection. The driver DVD came with the computer did not work. There are also complains online with the same issue. Dell support would not help any. Asking $260 for either one time service or a one year extended warranty. That is incredible for a 2-year old computer that I bought for less than $500! Actually all I need was to go Dell.com, install an "Adapter" under Network connection, for free! It took my friend 2 minutes to show me this information!!

The person from Dell's support was just so bad!!!!

"I just called Dell to ask them which monitors they sold with a thin bezel that also supported 3D. The dell employee said "you cannot adjust our bezels". This confused me, because it makes no sense whatsoever. So I replied: I'm confused, of course you can't adjust a bezel. Then she asked "what do you want?" so I repeated my question... assuming she might not have heard it right the first time or would ask for clearer clarification. Then, thinking it would be nice of me to add more details, I added: I'm looking for a monitor of max. 24" that supports 3D, can do 120 Hz and has a reaction speed of 1ms or uses circular polarization and preferable 2160 horizontal lines, if possible, AND that has a very thin bezel. She said "we do not currently have any monitors that support 3D" and disconnected me without waiting for an answer! This was a life chat; I tried to reconnect and she had banned me, because no longer i was able to start a chat. Never, ever will I buy something from Dell."

modified review This review was modified by CarloWood on July 23 2014 09:17:33 AM

"Not reliable. Mine failed out of the box. This company has no quality control. When I called the company I was asked if I had some screw drivers to make repairs. Finally company agreed to replace computer. Problems include memory, networking and sound cards. Techs no speaka da english. Beware of this company and their products - poor quality and non existent support even with on site warranty. Expect the run around with no answers; they figure if they transfer you around enough you'll just go away. Despite a firm promise to deliver replacement with expedited speed I have yet to see it. Calls have determined it is "in production" but no one can tell me where or when to expect delivery. This is understandable since techs are in India and have only a vague idea where the United States is much less exact location of states.
Can I change my review to reflect negative numbers?

modified review This review was modified by jjjbt on July 18 2014 07:13:07 PM

"NEVER buy a Dell, not worth the time or money. Bought a Vostro 3450 laptop, WORST DECISION EVER TO TRUST DELL. They go back on their word constantly and are no help. Paid for 4 years of warranty, the "complete care" and 3 years into it they tell me my warranty was up 31 days after my purchase. Stuck on the phone with them for 4 hours and at the end they tell me they can't help me anymore and there is nothing else they can do and then they don't put my phone call on record so that they aren't liable for any of my problems so each time they act as if it was the first time I called. Been on the phone with them for 3 to 7 hours about once every two weeks for almost a year and a half now. Dell is not worth a dime. Maybe I should change my major so I can be a lawyer and sue Dell. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!"

modified review This review was modified by cassidy_redenz on July 08 2014 09:29:25 AM

"Hard drive failed after 3 months use. They attempt over 15 times to repair this computer by shipping components and reinstalling over and over again. SSD acceleration is still not working. Now they have gone silent and the computer is still not work working correctly. Tech support hadn't heard of their DELL XPS 8700 and claimed they sent me a restore for the 8500 but since they already shipped a restore CD they couldn't ship the correct one. They don't seem to know how their 32GB SSD works to allow the acceleration then stated that I will just have to live with it.
Horrible tech support.

modified review This review was modified by kevinmwills on July 02 2014 04:54:16 PM

"I purchased a samsung galaxy note 3 for SPRINT from DELL on 12/02/14. With this phone that I could use on my SPRINT cell plan I purchased a warranty that was offered to me at the time of the purchase. Today, May 5, 2014 I ATTEMPTED to file a claim with the warranty plan only to find out from the Better Business Bureau that this company had bee shut down and was no longer accredited by the BBB. To make matters worse DELL HAD NOT RECORD of this cell phone purchase-none! Despite the fact that I had a proof of sale with DELL logo stamped on it. I got no where with Dell, no where with SPRINT and ended up calling samsung and the phone was covered under a 1 year warranty and the warranty that I was offered through DELL had nothing to do with samsung. It took 5 phone calls and 1 1/2 hours of time on the phone. Why would DELL partner with a "shady" company and why would DELL have no record of my purchase??? MOBILE DEVICE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (MDPA). i WOULD NEVER EVER DO A PURCHASE LIKE THIS FROM DELL AGAIN. Thank goodness the phone was covered for 1 year by samsung, because the warranty was no good. When I went to the website and entered my phone information I received a message that my phone warranty had expired and could not be renewed. The next excerpt is from the BBB website: BBB Accreditation
On 04/16/2014 this company's accreditation in BBB was revoked by BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to respond to one or more customer complaints filed with the BBB.

modified review This review was modified by carolynann on May 05 2014 06:02:45 PM

"bought a dell XPS8700 on 04/28/2014, it arrived on 04/30/2014. out of the box, the PC just couldnot power on. the power button would blink every 2 seconds. and thats it. Called dell, took me more than a hour to go through the tech support and still could not fix it over the phone. have to return it. This is the first time i've seen a pc that is "dead on delivery". What's going on with Dell? seems Dell quality is going down. or maybe it's just the quality of desktop going down? i bought several dell laptops several years ago and had no issues. very disappointed with dell computer this time. "

modified review This review was modified by texas0081 on April 30 2014 06:24:01 PM

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!