• Rating 1.00/10 1,181 reviews

Dell is not a merchant member
    Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Dell contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

All 1,191 Customer Reviews

"I have read some reviews on here and I can only assume that the people writing them had some bad experiences with customer service and cannot find an outlet for their frustrations. I have bought two desktop computers and a tablet from dell in the past 5 years. The last desktop I bought was an XPS 8700 during their Black Friday sale. These desktops are overpriced but they come with the support that most people need in order to have piece of mind that their investment is not going to give out on them without any knowledge of repairing it themselves. I have had Dell send me a new hard drive (under warranty) when a nasty virus fried it. Dell even sent a nice man to my home to install it for me.

I have called customer service and talked to a lady who not only did not sound like she spoke English very well, but she was also very rude and did not want to help me in any way. I had to repeat myself many times because of the language barrier. Finally, I just gave up and hung up the phone.

My online experience with Dell customer service has been quite the opposite. I guess it just depends on who you get to help you and what your specific problem is.

I am giving them a mixed review because I love their products but I do not like their high prices or their customer service.

modified review This review was modified by missivylady on April 03 2014 06:11:10 PM

"BUYER BEWARE!! BUYER BEWARE!!

I ordered a custom built T3600 computer on 1-19-14.

When my order was processed I discovered that I had been charged $250.00 for a monitor that I had not ordered.

I then proceeded to place another order that I had no intention of completing to make sure that I had not made a mistake.

Again the order sheet indicated NO MONITOR , but at the very bottom of the order a $250 monitor was included.

When confronted about this fraud and deception Dell offered me $75 off the price of a monitor that I had not ordered.

Needless to say I cancelled my $1700 computer order and the $250.00 unordered monitor.

The computer price was removed from my CC account but the $250.00 charge is still there and is now being challenged.

To be clear. Dell is deliberately adding expensive components to computer orders without customers permission and the customer then has to deal with a return process, multiple email exchanges and their CC account.

I have verified this fraud 2 times.

DELL COMPUTERS

BUYER BEWARE

"Ordered a DELL XPS 15 laptop on 11/28/13, reordered on 12/3 after they cancelled the first order attempt. After they rescheduled the shipping date 3 times they finally cancelled the order on 1/9/2014. Their customer service sucks and they treated me like dirt. I'll never order anything from DELL again. Prior to this I had been buying DELL desktops since the mid-90s and had been satisfied. No more. DELL is a total disaster and dealing with them is a nightmare."

modified review This review was modified by DCOPA on January 09 2014 06:48:10 AM

"Run away from Dell! Having been a dell customer for over 20 years, I recently ordered a laptop from them early December 2013 on a great deal. They strung me along saying it was in process until yesterday when the order was cancelled. I called customer service and they said they ran out of laptops and it is no longer available. I waited through many deals in December for this losing out on other bargains. They told me I could get a lesser machine for the same price or pay more for the new model. Basically they oversold and would not honor my order and so I am out. This is pathetic customer support. Don't bother with them, go somewhere else to buy."

"Dell is the worst company for bait and switch. We bought a 900.00 lap top from Dell on line. When it arrived we called to buy Mircosoft Office. We looked on line and asked the sales person for the "Dell recommended" one. He told us he had a better deal, we could get MS Office for four years for 79.99. We paid for it using our credit card. It was to be loaded remotely. When it never showed up on our computer we called to inquire we were told we bought the University version and since we were not a university it could not be loaded. Ok, so we asked for a refund and were told the product was now used and could not be returned!! STAY AWAY FROM DELL. It took 2 days and hours on the phone speaking to people who speak some language, not sure what. All were very apologetic but in the end it was so sorry too bad for you. They are not getting my money as I am disputing the charge. I am going to Staples today to have Office loaded. Stay the hell away from Dell."

modified review This review was modified by table on December 14 2013 06:19:59 AM

"i placed an order on 29th of Nov and received the email that order has some issue.. pls call back.. Now, after spending 4 and half hours of calls, they are saying that its not in stock... This is the worst kind of online shopping i have ever done..

modified review This review was modified by atul.bits on December 02 2013 01:30:14 PM

"On, Nov 25th, I ordered Samsung 55-inch LED Smart TV - UN55F6300 HDTV on phone with a sales agent by the name of Srikanth Soni. The agent promised me that as soon as the payment goes through, the order will be shipped and I need not worry about the item being sold out. I paid with $800 in Dell gift card that I purchased on dell.com & the remaining with my credit card. Order Subtotal: $897.99 Shipping and Handling Total: $0.00 Tax Total: $56.12 Total Amount: $954.11. As of today on Nov 29th, the order is still not even shipped & every time I call & speak to the dell agents and even the so called supervisors, the keep telling me that the TV is not in stock & they can't do anything. But I was told by the sales agent on Nov 25th that the TV in in stock, he has the item on hold for me for shipment. None of the agents told me the TV is out of stock or back ordered on NOV 25th& Nov 26th. Only after I got charged almost $1000, they are giving me these excuses and lies. I have been contacting them , I even told them they can send a substitute TV of my liking and gave them the model number but they still refused to do anything. They were never honest. They are unhelpful, rude and shouting at me. There is no responsibility. If I bought this from other sellers, I would have paid the same amount and received it by now".
"I don't want any more excuses & lies cos I had enough of these rude & unhelpful and incompetent people. Either I need the TV I ordered shipped today or send me a different Samsung TV. I don't want be stuck with $800 in Dell gift cards that can't be used outside of Dell"

modified review This review was modified by sherap123 on November 29 2013 10:47:42 AM

"Dell is a deceitful company! I bought an unlocked phone on what seemed to be a sale. After having my order delayed twice, they told me to consent to having it delivered late. When I clicked to consent to my order, there it was: Dell had changed the description of my item to a 2 year contract; this is not reflected on my original receipt! The worst bait and switch I've ever encountered. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"

modified review This review was modified by rmene on November 22 2013 08:04:43 AM

"I pre-ordered Call of Duty Ghosts from Dell and they cancelled my order without warning the day before its release!

Will never order form them again!

"As good as Dell products are, their service is equally BAD! You get bounced from one dept to another only to find every step gets you someone whose english is worse than the previous. Worst of all I was LIED to. They apologize prolifically but do NOTHING to resolve the issue they are so eager to apologize for. I know the information I was given was a LIE because I've seen field technicians do exactly what they said couldn't be done. Wasted a day, got no where, was lied to."

1-800-Locksmith's Avatar
New York, New Jersey

"Dell is a great company with a little fault. Customer Service. "

"I have purchased an Inspiron 660, windows 8 desktop tower from Dell. I received a windows 7 on 6-26-2013. I called Dell customer service, they said I'll receive a windows 8 in 7 days. I strong stated it, before send it out, make sure that is a right desktop what I ordered. Then I received a windows 7 again on 7-9-2013. I called them again. Finally, I got a windows 8 on 7-15-2013. I don't understand why Dell kept sending me windows 7? They repeated the same mistake. that let me feel Dell was played a game with me. I just purchased one desktop. But I have asked my boss take 3 times day off for stayed home wait for FedEx delivery. finally, I brought two desktop to FedEx for a returning!! I spend so much time on it. That was really ridiculous online shopping from Dell!!!"

"Great hardware but LAUSY customer service willing to steal your credit card information - yes I'm talking about dell.com.

Ordered one laptop paid for two, the other one went to the guy at the customer service. Smart guy.

If you are dealing with Dell Home they have offshore customer support that is absolutely hopeless... the business side is way better!

"Terrible company, terrible customer service. Been in contact 10+ hours, numerous representatives that are foreign and don't speak English very well. The computer I purchased was an Inspiron Dell laptop and within a week of purchase had hardware and headset issues. Been in contact since then, sent my computer in, Dell reps take over my computer a dozen times. Seeking a replacement or refund, but I have never seen a company stick to their guns over a defective product as much as this company. Just consider your money gone if you ever buy a Dell, you'll be lucky if it lasts half a year."

"Dell has to have the absolute WORST customer service on the planet. I can't believe a company this size can still operate when it seems all of their employees (I was transferred NINE times) can't seem to duplicate an order. All I wanted was to order the same exact thing I did last time and apparently this was equal to asking their employees to write a dissertation on quantum physics. I am so completely frustrated I can hardly see straight. I am shocked at the sheer ineptitude of EVERY SINGLE PERSON I was transferred to. I HATE having to work with Dell and I usually avoid this at all costs, but duty calls.... If you can buy something else from someone else, I highly recommend you do so. My assigned sales rep can't even answer the phone, let alone return a telephone call. I didn't think I could ever be able to confuse so many people at once. I groan every time we have to order one of their products, as the ordering process is about as fun as...well...fill in the blank. Hands down- worst ever."