Stores > Dell

Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10

2016-05-13

No loyalty

"I have purchased dozens of computers from Dell over the years and just recently financed an Inspiron 17 computer. In the past, all my computers were at 3.25% but on this purchase, the salesperson couldn't give me my percentage rate because he said that he was not connected to the finance department. I was shocked to find my plan was at 27.24% interest. When I called to find out about the mistake, I was told that that is the prevailing interest rate and I should be happy that it wasn't 29%. And that I had 24 hours to decline the purchase when it took ten days to deliver the computer. Screw Dell. I'm going to pay off the computer with a zero interest credit card check and close my account for good."

This review was modified by EmperorBo on May 13 2016 05:04:38 PM

2016-05-12

To Dell with them!!!!

"Boy has Dell changed. From inadequate English communication to covering little under warranty--I won't be back. I have owned 12 Dell in the past but my recent experience will drive me to Asus or Lenovo in the future. It should be an embarrassment to call it "customer service." Laptop turned on 6 times and r key pops off and now it is rated as "induced" damage and not covered by warranty. $159 to repair a new computer that cost $369 new. No thanks. The old Dell is gone and the new Dell smells. "

This review was modified by Ghtogo on May 13 2016 01:15:37 PM

2016-04-19

Worst customer service ever!!!!!!!

"Tried buying my third printer from Dell. Have been a Dell customer for over 20 years and was completely happy. That ship has now sailed and it ain't never coming back. I was told by the rep that this is a new generation after I repeated $600.00 6 times after he quoted me that price for a printer and then told me I had repeated $600.00 6 times and told me that's what printer cost now. Thanks to his rudeness I buy all my computer stuff from Amazon or New Egg. Their customer service is what it should be. I repeatedly tried calling Dell to complain about the rep and got tired of being transferred or being put on hold. I was saddened after being mad as heck for being treated this way but got better buys from better companies because of it."

This review was modified by lilygal on April 19 2016 09:41:48 AM

2016-03-18

Pre-sales and after-sales screw up

"Warranty was suddenly dropped from 2 years to 1 year and laptop had low quality keyboard, wrong GPU, and missing fingerprint reader."

This review was modified by bugmenotplease on March 18 2016 05:52:51 PM

2016-03-07

Dell Is Just Full of It!!!!!!

"I have been jerked around about a PCI-Express design flaw for almost 2 years now, and even though I contacted the BBB, they just don't care to do much about it nor honor the warranty I paid for. The problem? Whatever USB 2.0 card I place in that slot disables my keyboard until it goes into Windows; I have to unplug all devices from the card, or Post doesn't pass and the computer won't boot; and I have to take the card completely out of the slot in order for my keyboard to access Bios/System Configuration. The first 2 cards I purchased were from Dell, but same thing happened. So, I bought one from Tiger Direct, and same problem. They ignored the issue, claiming it was a 3rd-party problem ... really? Last month, an employee from Microsoft encouraged me to try again; said she worked for Dell when they actually cared about their customers. So, I did. Finally a tech told me that the card needed to be a powered card for the problems go away, and no, they didn't sell them. So, I hunt all over the internet looking for this card and found one at amazon.com. All of these cards are made by StarTech, including the ones Dell used to sell. Before I called Dell tech support with this potential solution, I filed a BBB report to ensure these people paid for this solution. Someone contacted me from Dell Corporate and jerked me around something awful. First he told me that I hadn't contacted tech support when I had; he checked again and found this was a fact. He told me to let him know if the card I found works and asked when it would get here; I told him (3/8/16). He calls me back the next day and told me that tech support said they wouldn't honor this under my warranty ... when they didn't. He then says they refuse to honor this as a warranty issue and started arguing with me when I told him I didn't want to talk with him anymore and hung up. What is wrong with these people? I spent over $4000 on this machine (Alienware R4) in 2013, including a few hundred dollars for the warranty. They can't fork out $200 after I've spent well over $400 buying cards for this machine? I won't know until tomorrow if their solution actually works, and I'm putting out reviews all over the place about Dell!

I've had other problems that grated my nerves because they didn't know what was wrong and kept replacing my motherboard and video card with refurbished parts until they discovered it was a bad RAM stick. Some of the contractors they send out don't understand software, either, and unnecessarily wiped out my hard-drive. How do I know? When the second contractor came out, he didn't have to wipe out my hard-drive just to replace parts and knew what he was doing (unlike the first contractor). If you value your money and nerves, DO NOT BUY DELL!!!!!!

This review was modified by ReneRay on March 07 2016 04:18:33 PM

2016-03-07

DELL NEVER AGAIN

"I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED WORSE BY ANY COMPANY CORPORATION...EVER, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE THE TECH DEPT IS INCOMPETANT, DO NOT BUY A DELL AT ALL COSTS YOU'LL BE SORRY HOURS AND HOURS WAITING FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OR A TECH REP. AS I TOLD DELL YOUR PC IS JUNK IT DIDN'T WORK RIGHT FROM DAY ONE AND WHEN I TRIED TO RESOLVE IT , I CALLED DELL THEY EITHER TRANSFERRED ME TO THE WRONG DEPT OR THE BACKPEDDLED AND ONE DEPT BLAMED THE OTHER, I GOT HUNG UP ON NEARLY EVERY TIME THEY SAID I CAN HELP YOU LET ME PUT YOU ON HOLD AND THEN HUNG UP AGAIN AND AGAIN, I HAD NOT HAD SUCH A BAD TIME AND WASTED SO MUCH TIME"

2016-03-04

DELL.COM SUPPORT STAFF ARE RUN BY DECEPTIVE CROOKS AND LIARS!!!

"When I returned a defective laptop that I purchased from Dell, they bombarded me with emails requesting that I return the laptop despite me giving them the tracking info repeatedly. They promised me a $100 credit back in January 2016, they cancelled my extended warranty that I paid $80 for, and they still have not refunded me yet. I emailed Michael Dell, the head of Dell.com, and I was assigned a "resolution specialist" named Shawn Arundale who was supposed to help me obtain my two credits. That was February 2016. After many promises of getting the credits back to me, he did absolutely nothing except "look into it and get back to me". Always an excuse to delay a refund that never arrived to this day. And the emails to Michael Dell were useless. I am out of an $80 extended warranty that was cancelled but was never refunded, and I never received the $100 credit that was promised to me. Although their products, when they work, appear good, when something goes wrong, BEWARE BUYER!! Dell.com will screw you over many times. MY ADVICE: BUYER BEWARE!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DELL.COM!!"

This review was modified by alnc22 on March 04 2016 08:09:20 PM

2016-02-29

Dell reps hide behind their automated phone transfer system

"Dell representatives in the credit card and gift card department failed me again and again and ultimately cost me hundreds of dollars. They used their automated phone system to hide from the minor and critical issues alike and you will spend hours hitting dead end after dead end phone number until you have no choice but to give up. Because of their unwillingness to assist the customer upfront with a potential fraud/security issue with gift cards, a non-issue situation turned into a fraud issue costing me the customer nearly 1 thousand dollars. The customer loses their investment and their trust in Dell while Dell reps continue to transfer your phone number not caring that you've been put on hold for 3 hours or more."

This review was modified by johnwuch on February 29 2016 05:23:39 PM

2016-02-25

promised on the 19th, still not getting here till the 3rd

"Well darling DELL your customer service or well rather LACK of it has taken an all new nose dive and the shear lack of care about someone who ordered a piece of your merchandise was promised it by one date and still is waiting on it well after that date only to find out 3 days after it was suppose to arrive the reason adn thinking we will expidited it means we won't do that just tell you we will and its going to work to make the person happy fails. Oh and your sheer lack of even trying to make it up to the clearly upset customer also drops you even lower in there ever considering it line ever. I'm DONE! Love the messages we get that include let us know when it gets to you. Nope not doing it."

This review was modified by Akpfeiffer on February 25 2016 08:25:54 AM

2016-02-23

Even with Michael Dell involved, the customer service was abysmal!

"I was escalated to the 2nd tier of customer support when an order was not processed after payment. The customer service and sales team were so bad I ended up canceling my order. They absolutely did not listen, and in fact blatantly solicited the same incorrect answer many times but were not able to resolve a very very simple order issue. They were rude, hanging up on me without a call back. I can safely swear on a stack of bibles, I would not take s FREE computer from them."

This review was modified by KarlHaj on February 23 2016 01:23:36 PM

2016-02-20

Fed up, seething with rage at this company

"First of all, let me say Dell has had multiple chances to get an order right for me. If someone else hadn't given me several gift cards, I wouldn't have even been doing business with this company. In hindsight, for the amount of aggravation, I should have pitched the cards in the trash.

Previous orders have had issues with promotional items not being honored, and items not being delivered on time. In all, I've ordered 4 items from Dell, and I would give them one star on 3 of those. The fourth had no promo offers on it, and I didn't really care or pay attention to the time frame it came in.

For purposes of this review, I'll focus on the most recent order. I pre-ordered a video game from Dell, as a member of "Dell Advantage", this qualifies for 2-day shipping, and I was told the game would arrive the day after its release/street date.

They shipped the item on-time, and via 2-day shipping, on the 18th, so I expected it to be here on the 20th. When it wasn't, I looked up the FedEx tracking info... and what did I find?

2/20/2016 - Saturday
7:41 am At local FedEx facility
ROANOKE, VA
Package not due for delivery
6:40 am At destination sort facility
ROANOKE, VA
4:20 am Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

PACKAGE NOT DUE FOR DELIVERY?!? WHAT?!? Because at the bottom, in the notes for the shipment... "Special handling section Deliver Weekday "

So I got 2 day shipping, asked them what day it would be here, and they intentionally put handling instructions on the package for FedEx to delay the shipment 2 more days?!? This company is a bad joke!

2016-02-15

Horror story stay away from DELL computers!

"Dell is a very large company and I have bought 3 laptops from them in the past 4 years. After this last time, I will never do business again with Dell. They do not stand behind their computers. After hours and hours and being hung up on 4 different times I still have a computer that is worthless yet still under warranty. Their chat service is weak and is a big waist of time. What I could do is take my shotgun and video me shooting this Dell computer and posting it on YouTube just to show the world the inferior product that Dell makes.

This review was modified by mrdissapointed on February 15 2016 03:45:09 PM

2016-02-12

Robert DELL should have let the company go under!

"1st I will start by saying I knew dell made crappy computers. But I took a chance on the company as a whole. So I bought 2 tvs and 2 laptops. Speakers and little add ons here and there. First big tv I bought was shipped thru pilot shipping. Box came basically looking as if it was thrown,kicked , run the dirt. I un boxed the 55 inch Sammy. And the tv was broken. I had to call Samsung to fix to avoid sending back. Now the dell laptop 7000 series has had problems since day one. 2nd 65 inch started messing up as well. Although that one had 3 yrs extended warranty. THIS IS WHAT MADE ME WRITE THIS REVIEW-I CALLED DELL TO USE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, TOOK 2 HRS JUST TO FIND MY ORDER # another 3 hrs to finally get them to give me the # to the service company. But before that they the Indian guys told me that I had to call sharp that they get paid the extended warranty and they handle the repairs. They lied to me twice. They are trained to actually lie to u so they don't have to honor the warranty. These guys are straight low lives if u ask me. I will never buy from them again. God willing I never have problems with the tv to ever have to call them again. This company should go out of business. I hate to say that since all the American jobs. But hey. They don't deserve our money. "

This review was modified by Mrflyguy210 on February 12 2016 08:49:04 PM

2016-01-24

Delivery time unacceptable!

"I placed an order on 12/20/15 and was given an est. delivery date of 12/24/15. I ordered two, basic black print cartridges. My order was delayed 4 times and didn't receive the cartridges until 1/13/16. It is UNacceptable to take 20 days to deliver 2 print cartridges I could've bought at any office store, AND the reason I didn't just cancel my order and go buy them from a store is because 4 different times I was told delivery dates delayed only a few days...ridiculous."

2016-01-22

If Amazon's return experience is a 10, I'd say Dell's is a 0.

"I ordered a TV for black Friday, it arrived damaged. I called to have it replaced and it took 45 minutes to reach someone, they said they would take care of it. I called seven days later, waited 40 minutes to speak to someone, and they said they couldn't replace the TV, I would need to ship it back for a refund. I gave in and said fine. After several more days, expecting some email communication of some sort, I called again. This time I got lucky and it ONLY took 30 minutes to get someone. I asked the status, and evidently they have 7 business days to process so they would be doing it soon. Within the next week, UPS came to get the order. I tracked the return, which took a week to get there, and arrived on 12/28. I called within the week to see about the return, the hold was another 40 minute wait. The person told me that dell had 31 DAYS to process the refund. It's been nearly 30 days now, so looks like they intend to let the clock tick on that. I'll probably have to call again once it gets past that.

I was considering an Alienware laptop before this purchase... now I would NEVER EVER even consider buying anything from DELL ever again for any reason. It was been the worst shopping experience I have dealt with for many years. Based on my experience, there seems to be little value assigned for a client's time or satisfaction. I'd much sooner buy a laptop from Lenovo, HP, or MSI. I'd have no idea how they continue to be successful in the consumer marketplace.

This review was modified by TechGuru2 on January 22 2016 05:45:02 PM

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!