Stores > Dell

Customer service: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10

2016-01-24

Delivery time unacceptable!

"I placed an order on 12/20/15 and was given an est. delivery date of 12/24/15. I ordered two, basic black print cartridges. My order was delayed 4 times and didn't receive the cartridges until 1/13/16. It is UNacceptable to take 20 days to deliver 2 print cartridges I could've bought at any office store, AND the reason I didn't just cancel my order and go buy them from a store is because 4 different times I was told delivery dates delayed only a few days...ridiculous."

2016-01-22

If Amazon's return experience is a 10, I'd say Dell's is a 0.

"I ordered a TV for black Friday, it arrived damaged. I called to have it replaced and it took 45 minutes to reach someone, they said they would take care of it. I called seven days later, waited 40 minutes to speak to someone, and they said they couldn't replace the TV, I would need to ship it back for a refund. I gave in and said fine. After several more days, expecting some email communication of some sort, I called again. This time I got lucky and it ONLY took 30 minutes to get someone. I asked the status, and evidently they have 7 business days to process so they would be doing it soon. Within the next week, UPS came to get the order. I tracked the return, which took a week to get there, and arrived on 12/28. I called within the week to see about the return, the hold was another 40 minute wait. The person told me that dell had 31 DAYS to process the refund. It's been nearly 30 days now, so looks like they intend to let the clock tick on that. I'll probably have to call again once it gets past that.

I was considering an Alienware laptop before this purchase... now I would NEVER EVER even consider buying anything from DELL ever again for any reason. It was been the worst shopping experience I have dealt with for many years. Based on my experience, there seems to be little value assigned for a client's time or satisfaction. I'd much sooner buy a laptop from Lenovo, HP, or MSI. I'd have no idea how they continue to be successful in the consumer marketplace.

This review was modified by TechGuru2 on January 22 2016 05:45:02 PM

2016-01-06

"I bought a new Dell, i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz, 12 gb ram 64 bit ... This machine crashed very soon after owning it. Spent, no kidding here, 11 hrs with tech support (overseas) between 3 different techs. I was charged 89.99 because I was told that the software was corrupted and that sometimes these things happen. The problem was not resolved. I asked for refund and was told ok & it would post the next day. Had to speak with another tech who told me the same story that the software sometimes does not load properly at the factory, not often but it happens. This he said is what happened with my computer. It was a brand new computer. He also asked for 89.99 and I told him I had just been charged and he said it was a different tech. I am not a computer guy that can fix things and am a grad student and needed my computer asap so what else could I do. He ended up completely wiping my computer and putting windows 7 on there along with old programs. Some of the other issues r still not fixed either. I was just happy that I could write my papers and do research again and didnt find out about this old windows till later.
I have sent 4 emails about my refund and complaints to dell explaining the problems before and now. The 2 times I have been charged along with chat logs to prove the conversations that occurred over that ungodly long time on the phone. I have received the same response from dell each time. That it seems I am happy with their service and the service tag will be closed out ! WTF ! Really. I have all the emails and chat logs to prove this. Now everybody, again, this is a brand new computer. Why should I be paying for anything anyway. BRAND NEW ! I could go on with other things here too but whats the point, you get the message. I will not but any dell product again and I will tell everyone I know that is in the market for any computer or related item my story. DO NOT BUY DELL

This review was modified by ddrummond668 on January 06 2016 04:57:43 AM

2016-01-05

"Purchased a new TV from Dell.com after having a horrible experience with another low budget online firm. Dell delivered a high quality product at a great price. I would definately use them again for TV purchases."

2016-01-05

"I has the worst customer service. I got headphones on sale, and they didn't work. I asked for an exchange, but they didn't have any product available. I got these headphones for my wife use during surgical recovery where she'd be in a hospital bed for a week.
I suggested they substitute headphones with the same retail price as my purchase, but they refused because they weren't on sale for the same price.
I asked them to refund the money, and send me the return label. They said that I couldn't have my money until 10 days after they got the item back. So, I can't even a get a replacement item in time because they have my money.
Unfair business practices. I'm done with them.

2015-12-21

"24 people the first time because I did not want to use my SIN number for financing. Only one person knew how to do so even though it gives you the option online. Took 3 months to get here. Has broken twice in 4 months, received 2 new ones, warranty still expires in April 2016. On the phone now just trying to get options and I am on my 5th person. WORST SERVICE EVER! If you look on facebook I caught them even caught them lying and posted proof. Highly suggest going elsewhere. They are even telling me my order number does not exist even though it comes up on their site."

2015-12-17

"DON'T ever buy a DELL!!! After ordering a lap top on November 16th I was told it was to be delivered on Dec 8 (I thought that was crazy but was willing to wait), I get a "Order Delay" until Dec. 16th (starting to get upset), call on Dec 17th to see where my new computer was and the order was canceled, I never received an update! After waiting 50 minutes on hold to talk to someone about my newly canceled order according to them, they tell me it has been reordered and will be shipped January 20th. Um, not it isn't, I canceled right away, the most they would offer was $100 off the order and I never/couldn't/wasn't allowed to talk to a supervisor or Manager. The worst customer service I have ever had and experience. With many, many other computer manufacturer's out there, this is the worst decision you could make. Who doesn't notify you when there are delays, who lets you wait 50 minutes to speak to a person (who poorly speaks English) and not be able to get a supervisor? Dell is that company, do not buy from them!"

This review was modified by bridge11 on December 17 2015 10:53:14 AM

2015-12-16

"Worst return customer support of any company I have ever dealt with. Hours on the phone and chatting to get a pick up for a tv that was delivered broken. Call sales and no wait. Call returns and wait hours and then they mislead you. "

2015-12-08

"I purchased a monitor from Dell and within 2 months was getting vertical lines over the screen so bad that I could barely see what I was working on. No problem, it was under warranty. Well yes! Huge problem. I had a tech out and he determined that it was the monitor. In trying to get it replaced I have been told a new one was sent, but he had the wrong address. I have been hung up on, lied to, emails not returned. I've been told numerous times a new one has been dispatched, no that didn't happen. I've been told their "tools" were down, the computer system is down and now they have changed their email address so my emails are being returned as wrong address. NEVER BUY A DELL or if you do, pray you never have a problem. Still have not received my monitor."

2015-12-07

"I am going to make this short and to the point. This is by far the worst company I have dealt with. I purchased a computer over 3 months ago. I paid close to $2,3000.00 for a new r17 laptop. Turns out it was bad and needed to be repaired and or replaced less that 1 week after getting it. Had a bad motherboard, drivers not installed properly, no sounds etc. In the past 3 moths I have called 8 times to dell customer support. They have sent me 3 laptops, all of which have something wrong with them and now I am trying to get them all returned and get a laptop that actually works like it should, but that seems to hard for dell to comprehend. I have had 8 conversations about this with customer service agents and managers... or so called managers. they have yet to send me a laptop that works properly and they cannot seem to send me boxes or packing slips to send them back. I have called 8 times trying to get this settled and every time they tell me boxes are on their way and they will email me packing slips to return the laptops. I even paid to send my original laptop back once I received the second laptop and they fixed it and sent It back after telling me to return it and I had a new one coming. So now I sit here with 3 laptops, none of which work how they are supposed to. I get blue screens, video driver crash errors and the run command like to open randomly and freeze any program or game I have running. Every time I call to get this settled I get put on hold and sit for over an hour. I am currently on hold again as I type this and I have been on hold for 1 hour and 5 minutes after asking to talk with a manager to resolve this issue and them telling to go on hold for a few minutes. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and I will be returning all these computers... if I can ever get ahold of them that is. I have even emailed dell to the email address they specifically gave me in the begging if I had any problems and I cant get a response on that either. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I will be returning all my laptops and buying from a different company. "

This review was modified by Timarvizu on December 07 2015 12:03:58 PM

2015-12-01

"I am writing to express my extreme disappointment with my recent experience with dell. I have been a Dell customer for over 25 years but I'm now going to sever my relations with your product. I have had a system in your repair depot between 3-4 weeks. I have been promised twice that my system was shipping only to call and find out that it is still in repair. I would expect that after this time I would be offered a new system in a timely manner but get nowhere everytime I call your service department. I have been unable to work or do anything else computer related because of this. As you will see I am having to write this on my phone.
I have tried to get a refund and I'm told that that isn't going to happen and I just have to wait for my system with no timely response as to when. Please also note that I will share my experience with a very one I know.

This review was modified by Rjharden on December 02 2015 11:23:21 AM

2015-11-24

"I've just experienced the worst customer service I've ever received from any company, period.

My existing computer unexpectedly broke, and it was imperative I had a replacement by November 24th, 7 days later, That day, Tuesday, Dell's sales rep explained that my computer would need to be assembled, but despite this they could meet my deadline by shipping it next day air. Therefore I ordered the computer and was told to expect an email confirming computer specifications and shipping details.

Two days later, still no email. I was concerned that the order had not been processed, so I phoned customer service Friday morning, gave the order number, and explained my concern about the impending Tuesday deadline. The woman in customer service explained the order had been processed, that the computer was in the process of being built, and would be shipped by Fed-Ex ground when ready. Hang on, No, it's supposed to be next day air, and I explained the dilemma of my Tuesday deadline. She said she would have the order expedited and would ensure it would ship overnight on Monday 23rd for delivery on the 24th.

Friday evening I received an email from Dell confirming my computer had been shipped.

Sunday night Fed-Ex updated their website to show my computer had been sent via ground for afternoon delivery on Wednesday 25th.

First thing Monday morning I phoned customer service to see what could be done, such as getting it off the truck and onto a plane as there was still time for overnight delivery. I was told that nothing could be done, that Dell always ships via ground, and that the computer would arrive Wednesday afternoon. So far two people had lied to me about my computer being shipped by air for next-day delivery.

I asked to speak with a supervisor. The woman I spoke to said she'd put me on hold while she spoke with Fed-Ex to work out a solution. She returned to me and said the Fed-Ex truck traveling from Texas to California was not expected to stop at an intermediate depot, therefore the computer could not be taken off the truck and put on a plane. The only option she could arrange with Fed-Ex was for me to go to the depot and collect the package on Tuesday, prior to Fed-Ex putting the computer on the local truck for delivery the following day. I said I would do that as I was desperate for the computer, even though this was my last day at work before my trip. She said she would have someone phone me either that evening (Monday) or early Tuesday morning to let me know what time I needed to be at the Fed-Ex depot.

Come this afternoon (Tuesday), no phone call (needless to say). I phoned customer service this afternoon and today’s representative conferences me directly with Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex tells me their schedule shows the Texas-California truck doesn’t even arrive at the depot until Wednesday morning. There was never an opportunity for me to pick up my computer on Tuesday even if I wanted to. Either the supervisor lied about contacting Fed-Ex, or lied about the ability to collect the computer in person on Tuesday (today).

At this point I was absolutely livid. Everyone I have spoken to has lied to me, merely telling me what I wanted to hear in order to sell me a computer. I requested to be transferred to a supervisor, who confirmed that nothing could be done and they had missed my delivery deadline, He further insulted me by offering me a mere $150 refund on a $5,000+ computer. I assume this was the money Dell had hoped to save by shipping Fed-Ex ground instead of next day air. Interestingly, the supervisor also said that Dell had time to assemble a replacement computer on Monday, then ship it to me overnight for Tuesday delivery. But this wasn’t done either - why would you go out of your way to make a customer happy?

Ultimately, Dell sold me a computer at a cost of me never doing business with them again, though I presently have no idea of when I'll actually get my hands on it. They should have either said, no we can't meet your deadline, or shipped it overnight delivery. Just too many lies for me to do business with them again.

This review was modified by jeramyh on November 24 2015 11:06:30 PM

2015-11-02

"A DISASTER OF COMPANY, A SHAME FOR A US COMPANY.
A CEO WHO TRANSFER ALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INDIA AND PHILIPPINES
A CEO WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER, WHO HIDE WITH HIS PROFIT
SHAME ON YOU MICHAEL S. DELL

2015-10-26

"Wish I could give zero stars! I placed a order for 2 different video game preorders. The first game releases on 10/27/15 and the second game releases on 11/17/15. When I placed my order I selected the shipping option that would guarantee that the games would be delivered on the release dates. Went to check the status of my order and it shows that the order won't ship until 11/18/15. This is not what I paid for! One game was supposed to be delivered on 10/27/15 and the other on 11/17/15. I have tried to call Dell customer service twice only to be put on hold for 40 minutes the first time before the call disconnected and over a hour the second time before being hung up on by a customer service rep. This is the worst customer experience that I have ever had. I need to cancel my order because I refuse to wait 3 weeks to get a game that I can just go to the local store and pickup. The problem is that I can't even get anyone on the phone to cancel the order. I have tried email and also the Live chat and have had no success in reaching someone that works at Dell to cancel this order. I will never ever think of making a purchase from Dell ever again. STAY AWAY FROM DELL"

2015-10-26

"Machine was cheap, not good value for money. Cheap, nasty build quality. Very poor performance, can't run the bundled OS because the machine is so underpowered.

Can't fathom what is going on with Customer Service.

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!