• Dell

Product & services pricing Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.21/10 0.21/10

2015-07-13

"My first and LAST dell. Bad customer service!!!! IHATE MY DELL."

2015-05-23

"Never again. The worst customer service in the world. I purchased a non-computer, accessory item, and then received 2 emails saying due to delays my order was cancelled. Ok, stuff happens. Almost a month later (after I found this large item elsewhere) I received yet a 3rd email from Dell saying they shipped my purchase. After 4 calls, the longest of which lasted 57 minutes and required 5 transfers, I got some "supervisor" on the line who said they never cancelled my original order and then HUNG UP ON ME! I finally had to file a complaint with both the FTC and American Express. But the joke's on them. I do the majority of the purchasing for a multi-office law firm. Guess who we no longer buy from?? No wonder this company has such a bad rep. "

2015-05-18

"I remember when Dell used to be a reputable company . I don't know what's happened but clearly no one there gives a crap anymore. I attempted to buy a TV from dell a month ago, and in doing so made a typo in my phone number. A few days later my order shipped, and then 2 days after that I received an email saying I needed to call in to verify my order. Well the phone number included an extension that didn't work and I was on hold on the main line for a long time, so I figured I'd try again the next day.

I wake up the next morning to an email that tells me my order has been cancelled because I didn't verify. This was 18 hours after the first email I got asking me to call in. The email said to call in to have the order reinstated, which I attempted to do. Unfortunately I was bounced back and forth between verifications and customer support and no one seemed to be able to fix it, so I figured my order was cancelled.

A week later I had no TV and no refund so I attempted to call in again. I was yet again bounced around and talked to everyone in India and no one could tell me why I hadn't gotten a refund, other than it may take a while, and one person suggested I dispute it with my credit card.

I gave it a few more days as Amex requires 10 days to dispute it, but still no refund. I attempted to call in one last time and yet again no one cared. I was told by customer support that my order was on hold pending verification and I needed to talk to the verifications team, and then the verifications team told me it was definitely cancelled and I needed to talk to customer support. No joke they transferred me back and forth 6 times. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they refused.

It's been 3 weeks yet and I still have not received a refund, while Amex investigates.

Completely ridiculous, I have no idea how this company is still in business. "

This review was modified by chadcf on May 18 2015 04:11:12 PM

2015-05-18

"I was given a Dell Laptop for Christmas 2013. It shipped in January 2014. In March 2015, the mother board died. When I called Dell to inform them that my brand new computer was now a brick, they informed me that my warranty had expired a month earlier. I told them that was an unacceptable answer, that 1 year and 1 month old computers should not have bad mother boards, and that I would like to speak to a supervisor. They told me they would send my case to the escalation team, and that I would hear from them within 48 business hours. I said fine, please call after 430 during the week. That was over 2 months ago. I got a string of emails (one every 2 days or so for about a week) saying "we tried to call you, but got no answer." I wrote back, "No, you didn't. There is not one missed call on my phone from anyone that I don't know." Then I was told that because I was unreachable, my case would be closed. So I posted my frustrations on their Facebook page. Now we've been going back and forth for several weeks, and each time I am promised a call back from the "escalation team." Still nothing. My 24-48 hours has become 24-48 days. And I have no recourse. And no computer. In addition to my full-time job, I have 2 businesses that I run by myself, and without a computer I am basically crippled. I want to find an office and just stand in the lobby screaming at the top of my lungs until somebody listens to me, but apparently they have no offices in America because every SINGLE interaction I have had has been from India. And the icing on the cake is that I just got a text message from my MOTHER (the giver of the computer) who said she got a message from Dell today, were they possibly looking for me, instead of her? In the middle of the day. To the wrong number. I am so angry I could scream. I will NEVER buy a Dell again, and I *will* be taking legal action. In addition to posting this review on every website I can find. "

This review was modified by ElizabethC5 on May 18 2015 10:25:20 AM

2015-05-07

"This post is more to see if other people have has similar issues with Dell.
Since 2007 I have been a customer with Dell after buying a laptop on eBay and I have to say when Dell products work they tend to work well but when they fail Dell service and warranty seem to fail even more. So after three replacement laptops (Alienware laptops) I have found myself once again having issues with the laptop and Dell.
It was January when contact was initiated by myself regarding issues with a wifi card that has been replaced and working successfully. Shortly after that I noticed overheating issues on the laptop and again another service engineer was sent out to replace the fans, heat sink and motherboard three times. Unfortunately after repair I notices the screen started flickering and reduced brightness even with the brightness level set to max. This is where Dell advised another service call was issued, only a few days later they decided no to honor their word or warranty and decide to only offer me the service of sending away the computer to their service depot for testing. I advised Dell Executive Advanced Resolution Group that I used this service before with a previous laptop and it failed to rectify the issue. They stood firm on this and now I have had my solicitor contact Dell on my behalf. I have retained all the emails from Dell and also have a recorded call with the employee saying they wont honor the next business day warranty even if its paid for!
I was advised that replacement parts are new but that cant be true when refurbished stickers are on the parts. Refusal to talk to supervisors by customer service representatives. Obvious tactics to get you to hang up and forget about it. Not honoring warranty status. Advance resolution group who wont reply to emails. Tell you a part is out of stock and the replacement with be another, but wont tell you what the replacement is.
This issue has been going on since January and my solicitor got a similar response to what I get in that the system must be sent away for testing, but why would I pay for next business day onsite warranty if this is my only option.
The graphics card and wiring has not been changes and in the recorded call the employee states everything possible was changed and that sending the laptop to the service depot is the only option available to me. It is the graphics card that is/was (not sure which is correct) out of stock.
Has anyone else received shockingly bad service and a lack of consumer rights from Dell? and if so has the issue been resolved?"

This review was modified by Stephen6388 on May 07 2015 12:22:52 PM

2015-04-30

"I recently purchased my first laptop from Dell. Biggest nightmare of my life!! I was offered a veteran's discount of $20 and purchased my dream - an Inspiron laptop with everything I needed and a $26 drop-and-break coverage. The sales rep couldn't get both the vet discount AND the drop-and-break to process and suggested that we keep the discount (which could not be added in after the sale) and he would send me on to someone else to add the $26. coverage for insurance. For TWO full days I spoke with 16 customer sales reps and 4 supervisors who all assured me this could be done easily. With each new person I spoke with, the price went from $26 to $29 to $59 to $79 to $89. Not one person who promised me a follow-up call EVER called me. Dell's tagline should be, "Veterans, thanks so much for your service!.. now bend over and this will only hurt for a minute!" I remember now why I bought a SONY VAIO desktop after years of owning a Dell... their customer service and support (even supervisors!) are among the very, very worst headaches you will ever have!!!

If you don't have enough stress in your life, if you would like to be assured of resolutions that never come, if you want to be treated like you just don't matter... then buy a Dell."

This review was modified by NeverBuyDellAgain on April 30 2015 11:57:38 AM

2015-03-12

"Our Dell printer support phone number resolve all printer service query by call on toll free number1-855-709-2847. If you want help related printer then call our toll free printer support number 1-855-709-2847. Call hp printer contact number for resolve query related Dell printer tech support, Canon printer customer toll free Lexmark printer telephone number 1-855-709-2847."

This review was modified by Printerinfo2015 on March 12 2015 01:33:28 AM

2015-02-28

"Dell Customer service is full of shit. They apparently cancelled my order on a preorder I did over half a year ago due to them not having any stock..? WHAT's the POINT of preorder?? And they cancelled the order without even giving me any information. I used a gift card during my preorder and they have YET (over two weeks now...their estimate was 48 hrs) to reimburse me with my gift card amount."

2015-02-28

"Worst Customer service ever. I have never experienced anything as bad as Dell support. Brought Alienware 18, motherboard died. Dell did everything in their power to not honor the warranty. I am now without laptop for 5 months and awaiting a court date to settle the matter. Please read some comments before buying Dell products. I would never buy Dell again."

This review was modified by FunnyCunny on February 28 2015 04:49:47 PM

2015-02-28

"I ordered a DELL XPS 9530 on the December 24th on 2014 from Dell Australia Pte Ltd. It randomly refused to resume or even boot up (after forcing shutdown). After spending hours of time over the phone with DELL's ignorant technical support team I had to demand their sales team to contact me. It took about 30+ mails within 45 days for them to get back to me.
28 Jan 2015 - A technical person appointed by DELL came and tried to do a repair which made things worse. He had put in a corroded logic board in. Broke all plastic tabs on the back cover.
29 Jan 2015 - Sent email to dell support team regarding the matter and asked for a replacement since my job depends on this computer.
5 Feb 2015 - Received an email confirmation from anzxps_ap@dell.com that DELL has approved the refund. It failed to confirm a date for the refund.
12 Feb 2015 - Issue has not yet been resolved and DELL is unsupportive as of now. I received multiple calls from Malaysia (between 29th Jan and 12th Feb) stating other end is from DELL. Between above period I myself and my Singapore employer (Mr. Anand Singh: Email: anand@gogreenpost.com) had contacted DELL via 30+ mails trying to resolve the issue. Still they fail to confirm the refund timeline and process. Customer Care department from DELL has never contacted me yet.
They had offered a refund over the phone and email. However they fail to provide me with a timeline even after 66 days."

This review was modified by geethk on February 28 2015 02:30:26 PM

2015-02-25

"Worst company ever!!! I first purchased an XPS 18 for professional use. The first event that I needed to use it, the computer would not turn on. The second event that I needed to use it, the computer would not recognize the USB ports. There is no way to put a price on the lost business that we've incurred because of their faulty product. I have had the computer rebuilt, a new hard drive, a new touch screen monitor. I just purchased a 2nd XPS18 for no other reason than to back up the one I have that I can't depend on. I spent an hour on Dell's Chat before placing the order. I have since spent an hour and 15 minutes since receiving the shipment, to have Dell first tell me the stand that was suppose to be included, was not included. I took a screen shot of the order that says differently. They have now admitted that the order was suppose to include the stand, but they are all out of stands. They wasted 75 minutes of my time trying to convince me that I didn't pay for a stand when their website said otherwise. Now they have no stand to send. Are you kidding me. I can go on about Dell's false advertising, but what's the point? Buyer Beware"

This review was modified by PapaJDT on February 25 2015 02:31:57 PM

2015-02-05

"Higher than average prices and horrible customer service to the point where they will deny their own policies (price match) and lie about events.

If you are able to buy anywhere else, you probably should. Newegg or Amazon are good places to start. "

2015-02-04

"I don't recommend no one buying a computer from dell. They are overpriced , and don't give you good support . My computer has been messed up for a while month, and I keep calling and they aren't helpful. I wish I would've went with another brand. Lesson learned!"

2015-01-29

"I purchased the TV last August.
Promotion and gift card $ 300 of events.
I have not yet.
I was lodging industry.
Therefore I need a lot of TV.
Dell is to talk with the reseller.
I was there is no reseller , Dell , says reseller.
1600 $ gift card does not arrive until now (5 months).
Dell provisions is up to 10.
I did not know the provisions of the Dell.
Dell TV Without promotional gift card is expensive.
Dell is unkind.
Dell is not doing in the future to buy
I will not be buying a TV from now on the Dell
I am not reseller.
I am planning to buy a tv in the Amazon and other places.
Who are purchased more 10ea Dell , please reference."

This review was modified by myongjin on January 29 2015 08:24:51 AM

2015-01-06

"Crappy Customer Service,Order toner Keep sending wrong toner,hold time is too long,No results,If you can buy brother printer works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Shahenshah on January 06 2015 03:17:19 PM

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!