• Dell

Product & services pricing Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.58/10 0.58/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I would give a rating of minus 1000 stars. I have spent over an hour trying to replace a HTMI cabel connecting the monitor to the tower. After a failed chat attempt, 2 phone calls which resulted on the wrong cablevveing sent I still have not
Been able to get the correct cable. Once you call Dell and answering a multitude of questions, you are put on hold I waited over 30 minutes and was not connected to an agent. The fact that the agents are not in the United States does not help. It seems that the quality of the Dell products is not as high as it has been in the past.
I will NEVER purchase anything from Dell again.
It is a shame that a once great company has become an utter disaster and failure.

This review was modified by NoDell on September 30 2015 12:41:47 AM

"I have been a Dell customer for many years, but my most recent purchase, a month ago, will be my last. It's not the computer, although Window 10 leaves much to be desire, but the customer service. I cannot get my Microsoft Office 365 personal delivered to my computer. I have spent hours and hours on hold only to find that I don't have the right department, get cut off when they try to connect me or am given another number to call, only to find out that that department can't help me either. Everyone at Dell passes the buck and I am sick of it. I requested my money back, but have been refused because it is after 21 days. So, I have paid for software that I cannot receive. This is a crime and I will go further to get it resolved."

This review was modified by GinnyMartin on September 24 2015 04:27:32 AM

"I bought a Dell Computer on 11/10/2012 First i like to say that Dell has had there system hacked into as of 2015 so the person that has hacked into there system has my full name knows that i have a Dell & all the on going issues i have had plus my phone number. I keep getting calls from this person wanting to take control of my computer to wipe everything off of it which i hang up . I did call Dell to let them know about this & the manger, the higher up people didn't even care about this issue. This computer should of not have been shipped. I had to have every part in my computer replaced right when i received it. I still ended up having issues with it & had to reinstall windows 6 times, I'am on my second pair of speakers which are not good. I also had to settle for a refurbished tower & i still have problems. My printer that i bought with this computer doesn't work. I have never had any problems with dell until Windows 8 was delivered to me, this computer has been a total nightmare. dell use to be a good company they are no longer a good company or have good products. Plus the mangers, & tech's are not good. I have had tech's take control of my computer & not fix the issue that i had instead they take off something that i use on my computer & don't have my consent to even take off. "

" last month I received a Dell Order Has Shipped for Dell Purchase ID: # and immediately contacted the Dell rep as I had not placed any orders. Turns out this was an old order that for some reason doubled up 6 month later. They did not ship anything but billed my card for it. I have been stuck dealing with multiple reps who just send you back to the rep on the order

Dell has no customer service or any way to get to somebody that can help. Run as fare away from them as you possibly can

This review was modified by Dell_frustration on August 20 2015 02:45:30 PM

"I should have checked Reseller Ratings dot com before even considering giving Dell money... They won't offer the deal on a 55" LG TV with a $200 gift card even though I have a chat transcript from earlier today saying the sale ends next Monday...

They say they are sold out, but they still have the TV and the gift card for $999 (Sale was $599)

Fits Dell perfect, customer service as garbage as their computers

"Dell messed up an order and cancelled without notice. After waiting a month for delivery (APO), I contacted support. After an hour on the line, they discovered their error made a note on the order and sent me to sales to have it resubmitted.

Sales said they couldn't resubmit it and offered the item for 50% MORE! I spoke to two further supervisors, all ranged from rude to unintelligible.

This is one of the worst CS experiences I ever had.

"I should have read these reviews earlier. I agree 100% I have never had such poor customer service as with Dell. I bought a laptop and a subscription to one year of Office 365. I called to return the software subscription (I never even opened the email re the download) but i cannot get a refund on the software unless I return the computer as well. So I am returning the computer. Great business sense Dell, well done, another sale and customer lost."

This review was modified by atesch on August 11 2015 12:33:26 PM

"My first and LAST dell. Bad customer service!!!! IHATE MY DELL."

"Never again. The worst customer service in the world. I purchased a non-computer, accessory item, and then received 2 emails saying due to delays my order was cancelled. Ok, stuff happens. Almost a month later (after I found this large item elsewhere) I received yet a 3rd email from Dell saying they shipped my purchase. After 4 calls, the longest of which lasted 57 minutes and required 5 transfers, I got some "supervisor" on the line who said they never cancelled my original order and then HUNG UP ON ME! I finally had to file a complaint with both the FTC and American Express. But the joke's on them. I do the majority of the purchasing for a multi-office law firm. Guess who we no longer buy from?? No wonder this company has such a bad rep. "

"I remember when Dell used to be a reputable company . I don't know what's happened but clearly no one there gives a crap anymore. I attempted to buy a TV from dell a month ago, and in doing so made a typo in my phone number. A few days later my order shipped, and then 2 days after that I received an email saying I needed to call in to verify my order. Well the phone number included an extension that didn't work and I was on hold on the main line for a long time, so I figured I'd try again the next day.

I wake up the next morning to an email that tells me my order has been cancelled because I didn't verify. This was 18 hours after the first email I got asking me to call in. The email said to call in to have the order reinstated, which I attempted to do. Unfortunately I was bounced back and forth between verifications and customer support and no one seemed to be able to fix it, so I figured my order was cancelled.

A week later I had no TV and no refund so I attempted to call in again. I was yet again bounced around and talked to everyone in India and no one could tell me why I hadn't gotten a refund, other than it may take a while, and one person suggested I dispute it with my credit card.

I gave it a few more days as Amex requires 10 days to dispute it, but still no refund. I attempted to call in one last time and yet again no one cared. I was told by customer support that my order was on hold pending verification and I needed to talk to the verifications team, and then the verifications team told me it was definitely cancelled and I needed to talk to customer support. No joke they transferred me back and forth 6 times. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they refused.

It's been 3 weeks yet and I still have not received a refund, while Amex investigates.

Completely ridiculous, I have no idea how this company is still in business.

This review was modified by chadcf on May 18 2015 04:11:12 PM

"I was given a Dell Laptop for Christmas 2013. It shipped in January 2014. In March 2015, the mother board died. When I called Dell to inform them that my brand new computer was now a brick, they informed me that my warranty had expired a month earlier. I told them that was an unacceptable answer, that 1 year and 1 month old computers should not have bad mother boards, and that I would like to speak to a supervisor. They told me they would send my case to the escalation team, and that I would hear from them within 48 business hours. I said fine, please call after 430 during the week. That was over 2 months ago. I got a string of emails (one every 2 days or so for about a week) saying "we tried to call you, but got no answer." I wrote back, "No, you didn't. There is not one missed call on my phone from anyone that I don't know." Then I was told that because I was unreachable, my case would be closed. So I posted my frustrations on their Facebook page. Now we've been going back and forth for several weeks, and each time I am promised a call back from the "escalation team." Still nothing. My 24-48 hours has become 24-48 days. And I have no recourse. And no computer. In addition to my full-time job, I have 2 businesses that I run by myself, and without a computer I am basically crippled. I want to find an office and just stand in the lobby screaming at the top of my lungs until somebody listens to me, but apparently they have no offices in America because every SINGLE interaction I have had has been from India. And the icing on the cake is that I just got a text message from my MOTHER (the giver of the computer) who said she got a message from Dell today, were they possibly looking for me, instead of her? In the middle of the day. To the wrong number. I am so angry I could scream. I will NEVER buy a Dell again, and I *will* be taking legal action. In addition to posting this review on every website I can find. "

This review was modified by ElizabethC5 on May 18 2015 10:25:20 AM

"This post is more to see if other people have has similar issues with Dell.
Since 2007 I have been a customer with Dell after buying a laptop on eBay and I have to say when Dell products work they tend to work well but when they fail Dell service and warranty seem to fail even more. So after three replacement laptops (Alienware laptops) I have found myself once again having issues with the laptop and Dell.
It was January when contact was initiated by myself regarding issues with a wifi card that has been replaced and working successfully. Shortly after that I noticed overheating issues on the laptop and again another service engineer was sent out to replace the fans, heat sink and motherboard three times. Unfortunately after repair I notices the screen started flickering and reduced brightness even with the brightness level set to max. This is where Dell advised another service call was issued, only a few days later they decided no to honor their word or warranty and decide to only offer me the service of sending away the computer to their service depot for testing. I advised Dell Executive Advanced Resolution Group that I used this service before with a previous laptop and it failed to rectify the issue. They stood firm on this and now I have had my solicitor contact Dell on my behalf. I have retained all the emails from Dell and also have a recorded call with the employee saying they wont honor the next business day warranty even if its paid for!
I was advised that replacement parts are new but that cant be true when refurbished stickers are on the parts. Refusal to talk to supervisors by customer service representatives. Obvious tactics to get you to hang up and forget about it. Not honoring warranty status. Advance resolution group who wont reply to emails. Tell you a part is out of stock and the replacement with be another, but wont tell you what the replacement is.
This issue has been going on since January and my solicitor got a similar response to what I get in that the system must be sent away for testing, but why would I pay for next business day onsite warranty if this is my only option.
The graphics card and wiring has not been changes and in the recorded call the employee states everything possible was changed and that sending the laptop to the service depot is the only option available to me. It is the graphics card that is/was (not sure which is correct) out of stock.
Has anyone else received shockingly bad service and a lack of consumer rights from Dell? and if so has the issue been resolved?

This review was modified by Stephen6388 on May 07 2015 12:22:52 PM

"I recently purchased my first laptop from Dell. Biggest nightmare of my life!! I was offered a veteran's discount of $20 and purchased my dream - an Inspiron laptop with everything I needed and a $26 drop-and-break coverage. The sales rep couldn't get both the vet discount AND the drop-and-break to process and suggested that we keep the discount (which could not be added in after the sale) and he would send me on to someone else to add the $26. coverage for insurance. For TWO full days I spoke with 16 customer sales reps and 4 supervisors who all assured me this could be done easily. With each new person I spoke with, the price went from $26 to $29 to $59 to $79 to $89. Not one person who promised me a follow-up call EVER called me. Dell's tagline should be, "Veterans, thanks so much for your service!.. now bend over and this will only hurt for a minute!" I remember now why I bought a SONY VAIO desktop after years of owning a Dell... their customer service and support (even supervisors!) are among the very, very worst headaches you will ever have!!!

If you don't have enough stress in your life, if you would like to be assured of resolutions that never come, if you want to be treated like you just don't matter... then buy a Dell.

This review was modified by NeverBuyDellAgain on April 30 2015 11:57:38 AM

"Our Dell printer support phone number resolve all printer service query by call on toll free number1-855-709-2847. If you want help related printer then call our toll free printer support number 1-855-709-2847. Call hp printer contact number for resolve query related Dell printer tech support, Canon printer customer toll free Lexmark printer telephone number 1-855-709-2847."

This review was modified by Printerinfo2015 on March 12 2015 01:33:28 AM

"Dell Customer service is full of shit. They apparently cancelled my order on a preorder I did over half a year ago due to them not having any stock..? WHAT's the POINT of preorder?? And they cancelled the order without even giving me any information. I used a gift card during my preorder and they have YET (over two weeks now...their estimate was 48 hrs) to reimburse me with my gift card amount."

Share Dell's store rating

Dell is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dell is not a merchant member
Dell does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!